Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Adventures of the 3rd SET, The Losers
User avatar
Sula
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Sula » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:22 pm

"We have to hurry because there is something that tried to grab Vivien and this whole place is going to collapse soon. We're following a messenger of Eir to find the man that Eir tasked me to save. That's what we've been chasing, even before Marnot came. Remember?" She was patient with her explanation to the dragon. He was young, after all.
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6+2; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;
  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes
Bennies 1/3
PPE: 23/35;
Staff PPE: 10/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,

User avatar
Rose
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:00 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Rose » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:48 pm

Purvis Notice 6
Notice 1d8-2 = 6: 8
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Notice roll -2 – his right hand is trembling which he periodically stops by pushing his left thumb into his palm.
Exalted Darksight 13
Rose uses her arcane skill to awaken a new power, using on of her advances.

Arcane 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Extra Effort 1d6 = 6: 6
EE Ace 1d6 = 4: 4
Follow Notice 5
Notice 1d8-3 = 0: 3 Changed to 2
Wild 1d6-3 = 0: 3 Changed to 2
Exalted Darksight reduces penalty to -1 instead of -3.
Extra Effort 1d6 = 3: 3


Notice rolls at -3 to keep up without any sight enhancement
Exalted darkvision reduces this penalty to -1
Infravision and lowlight vision reduce the penalty to -2

If you fail the notice roll, then you become separated from the group in the darkness. Nothing initially will happen to you though apart from being lost and alone.

Those with Danger sense feel something following the group

If either roll succeeds, a notice roll at -4 to find your companions is required, otherwise, you are lost in the maze of corridors, though you will be able to see more normally.
Kidemonas is confused. "What do you mean former life? Like before we woke you up, or where you reincarnated by magic?"
Rose says back to Kidemonas, "I guess you can say I was reincarnated by magic."
“I’m not going anywhere except with Rose.” Purvis says resolutely, standing next to the young woman. He cocks the pistol and nods to her.
Rose nods back to Purvis. She notices his hands and notes it.

As the darkness gets darker, Rose seems slightly a flicked. "That's..." She just trails off for a second. "It's not there. It has to be there." She closes her eyes not that anyone could see that in this darkness. She concentrates really hard. She feels a slight pain in her eyes. As she opens them they give off a magical glow as she has reforged a forgotten power, awaking darksight, exalted level for that matter. Peering into her eyes, mystical runes are glowing with soft light.
As those of you who make it through the darkness find yourselves in an alcove dimly lit by the same type of emergency lighting you saw before. In front of you stands a barrier;

The door is large, at least ten feet high and circular, with ornate symbols on it and no obvious way to open it.

"Caw!" Marnot lands on Sula's shoulder
OOC Comments
"This is why I returned. I cannot pass it. Some of it is Asgardian, but other pieces I do not know
The symbols appear to be a jumble of different styles. Even Sula, with her knowledge of Eir, only recognises a few pieces.

It appears to require some manipulation of the symbols in order to open it.

Out in the darkness, those of you with danger sense feel something approaching.
OOC Comments
To decipher the symbols, everyone is allowed to roll against one of the following
Knowledge arcana - 3 successes required
Knowledge history - 2 successes required
Common knowledge - 3 successes required
Knowledge engineering or repair at -2 - 2 successes required

Anybody who can read techno-can gains a +2 bonus on engineering and common knowledge checks

Marnot can offer 1 success against either Arcana or history.
10 successes are required to open the door.
Something will happen if you can not open it during the first turn.

If you can apply knowledge of what you know about Fandran to your descriptions, there will be a bonus, but it depends on what you have realised and uncovered.
Knowledge Arcana 8
Bonus for being able to read runes. +1
Knowledge Arcana 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Roses studies the door. She looks to be familiar with the runes at least. She refrains from speaking them out loud however. "I can read some of this."
Status Tracker: 3rd
Rose

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 30 / 30
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6 ; Parry: 7 ; Toughness: 16 (5)
  • Brave: Add +2 to Fear Test
  • Ambridextrous
  • Quick: If Dealt a 5 or lower in combat, may discard/draw again until higher then 5.
  • Martial Artist: not subject to unarmed defender
  • Brawler
  • Bruiser
  • Two-Fisted
  • Improved Martial Artist
  • AB: Runes (with Master of Magic)
    • Boost/Lower Trait (PPE: 2)
    • Defection (PPE: )
    • Smite (PPE: )
    • Fiery Touch (Damage Field) (PPE: 4)
  • Runic Adept: Can spend 1 PPE to gain AP 2 with all of her unarmed attacks until her next action. Boost/lower trait, deflection, and Smite are retrapped to activate as free action but can only be used on herself.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 768
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Corrigon » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:25 am

The pattern on the door is complicated and would stymie most people trying to open it. However, the combined knowledge and intelligence of the squad is able to piece together bits of magical knowledge, historical and mythological information along with random pieces of intel that pertain to Garnet Town and Fandran.

As you adjust and move different panels on the concentric circles, you hear several locks disengage with heavy thudding clicks. However, one last lock remains in place that tantalisingly remains outside of your combined skill sets.

Rose, with her knowledge of runes or perhaps some fleeting memory, realises that there is some sort of short cut past all the locks; a simple way through that Fandran uses. However, whatever it is, it appears to be out of reach or just something that your team does not possess.

There are conduits on the wall to Mei Ying's right like the ones she banged her head on earlier.
OOC Comments
As Mei Ying realises that these are power conduits, considering that little bits seen and mentioned, that a Techno Wizard device might be powering part of this installation. She should be able to channel PPE into it. It might not be much, but it might buy them a bit more time.
Across on the left, there is a slight fuzziness about the wall. It might be a trick of the light and the darkness interacting or it might be something else.

"Wait, I think I know what that means!" Purvis shouts excitedly, pointing at one of the symbols, "turn that one!"

The lock shifts slightly and as it does so, lines up with other elements of the locks.

Vivien, with her knowledge of locks, realises that with despite not understanding elements of the lock, they have unlocked enough that they might be able to ascertain the remaining part of the lock. It won't be easy though.
OOC Comments
Purvis provides one success towards Knowledge engineering

However, as you trying to fill in the blanks without the necessary knowledge, the following should be used.
Investigation -2 or Intelligence -4
4 successes are needed

Suddenly the world around you shakes violently and above you, one of the emergency lights shorts out.

Further down the corridor, in the darkness, something stomps heavily on the floor.

GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Suddenly out of the thick darkness, something comes flying out at you, followed by a couple more things.
OOC Comments

Agility roll to dodge the incoming for those of you not clustered directly at the door. About three of you can directly be stood there, with the others further back.

Agility rolls at -3 to see in time without any sight enhancement
Exalted darkvision reduces this penalty to -1
Infravision and lowlight vision reduce the penalty to -2

Take 1d12+5 damage

You are struck by the remains of the mangled remains of three creatures. Survival rolls -2 to identify one as part of a rhino buffalo, one a dinosaur and knowledge arcana to identify part of what might be a creature from Dyval.

Notice -2 to note that there is a slightly strange smell around the area that did not seem to be there before. A raise will notice a hint of sulphur.
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Savant » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:03 pm

OOC Comments
Savant continues to stand guard, until the stuff comes out of the darkness.

Applying the "Exalted Darkvision" penalty to the Agility roll. Applying Acrobat bonus.
Agility 1d12+5 = 8: 3
Wild Agility 1d6+5 = 9: 4
Raise: Evade the toss.

Sniff Sniff: -2 for Scene, Alertness +2
Notice 1d4 = 1: 1
Wild Notice 1d6 = 1: 1
... Okay, I know how to deal with this.

CritFail here negates her recently purchased First Strike Edge until her next action--she's too busy sneezing to get a free attack on any enemies who rush them from the dark.
Savant was already well on-guard when the chunks came flying at them. If the others weren't so focused on the door, or perhaps on evading the body-parts themselves, they might have had a chance to be amazed at how effortlessly she twirls to one side as the horned head of a rhino buffalo emerges at high speed from the darkness.

Finishing her spin, she turns back to face whatever growled out there, but suddenly stops and, almost comically, breaks into a momentary sneezing fit as her nostrils are assailed by the scent of rotten eggs. "That stench...."
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”

User avatar
Sula
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Sula » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:18 pm

Intelligence 4 Survival 6 Knowledge Arcana 3 and Notice 9
Intelligence 1d8-4 = -1: 3
Wild Die 1d6-4 = 0: 4
Benny for Extra Effort
EE 1d6+2 = 4: 2

Survival (NA) 1d4+2 = 5: 3
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 6: 4

Knowledge Arcana 1d4 = 3: 3
Wild Die 1d6 = 2: 2

Notice 1d4+2 = 6: 4
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Notice Ace 1d4 = 3: 3
While discussing the final ring with those at the door with her, she glanced at the bits of creatures being tossed their way. "What is that? That part looks like a rhino buffalo. There's some sort of dinosaur. And...I don't know what the other part is." Then she makes a face. "Eeph. Sulphur. Probably some sort of demon."
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6+2; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;
  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes
Bennies 1/3
PPE: 23/35;
Staff PPE: 10/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,

User avatar
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Penny Wise » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:51 pm

Penny is momentarily distracted by the corpses being flung at the group, but being close to the door means that she's evaded the worst of it.

"Good work, everyone. Let me see..." She traces her finger in the air, tracking a path away from the lock that might finally provide a clue as to how to open it.
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild Die: 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace Wild Die: 1d6 = 3: 3

Investigation: 1d10 = 1: 1
Wild Die: 1d6 = 2: 2

Adding +2 from Investigator edge; that brings it up to a 4, which is one success.
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Kidemonas » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:09 am

Kidemonas has little interest in jostling to be close enough to help with the contraption. When the animals come bursting out however he is more than happy to get a little action.

OOC Comments
Agility 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5

Damage 1d12+5 = 8: 3
The impact from the hybrid creature is enough he is knocked back a bit. "Oh, lets fight" He says drawing his vibro sword and preparing.

OOC Comments
Looks like the room is big enough for this hybrid, is it big enough for Kid? Seems like it, if big enough for this monster that is less serpentine.

If so he will release his power and return to normal.
Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 2
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    -1 Notice cause of pain
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 38 (16) / 12 (4) in human form (wears light non-environmental armor)
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills:
Fighting d6
Knowledge (Arcane) d6
Magic d6
Notice d6
Psionics d6
Tracking d4
Shooting d6
Stealth d4
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Fast Regeneration: May make a natural healing roll at the beginning of each turn.
Flame Aura: 3d6 Mega damage for 6 round, then needs 10 minutes rest.


ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • none
Adventure Cards
  • 49 Parley All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
    30 Revelation Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc.
    7 Not Today Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Rose
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:00 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Rose » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:16 pm

Agility 3, No Damage

Task at -1 due to exalted darksight
Agility 1d10-1 = 2: 3
Wild 1d6-1 = 1: 2

Damage 1d12+5 = 13: 8
Toughness 16 (5)
Rose was standing a bit further then those close to the door, so when the remains come flying she was not able to evade. "Ow!" However, her tough nature prevented any real damage damage.
Survival 1
Survival rolls -2 to identify one as part of a rhino buffalo
Survival 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Survival 9
Survival rolls -2 to identify one as part of a dinosaur
Survival 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Ace 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Wild Ace 1d6 = 2: 2
Knowledge Arcana 1
knowledge arcana to identify part of what might be a creature from Dyval
Knowledge Arcana 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Notice 7
Notice -2 to note that there is a slightly strange smell around the area that did not seem to be there before. A raise will notice a hint of sulphur.
Notice 1d8-2 = 4: 6
Ace 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Quickly examining the remains she is unsure of some of them but recognized the dinosaur remains instantly. "What in heavens name can take out a dinosaur?" Then she notices the slightly strange smell in the area. "Does anyone smell that?"
Status Tracker: 3rd
Rose

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 30 / 30
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6 ; Parry: 7 ; Toughness: 16 (5)
  • Brave: Add +2 to Fear Test
  • Ambridextrous
  • Quick: If Dealt a 5 or lower in combat, may discard/draw again until higher then 5.
  • Martial Artist: not subject to unarmed defender
  • Brawler
  • Bruiser
  • Two-Fisted
  • Improved Martial Artist
  • AB: Runes (with Master of Magic)
    • Boost/Lower Trait (PPE: 2)
    • Defection (PPE: )
    • Smite (PPE: )
    • Fiery Touch (Damage Field) (PPE: 4)
  • Runic Adept: Can spend 1 PPE to gain AP 2 with all of her unarmed attacks until her next action. Boost/lower trait, deflection, and Smite are retrapped to activate as free action but can only be used on herself.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Mei Ying
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Mei Ying » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:33 pm

Notice: 1d6-2 = 0: 2 or 1d6-2 = 2: 4

Mei Ying looks back over her shoulder as a shower of gore falls, and shakes her head. A distraction, she thinks. An attempt to intimidate. Not unusual for such creatures. They craved the fear of the prey as much as the violence, the blood.

She lays a hand on the corroded metal pipe and says, "There's power in these conduits. I think this dimension is...was...maintained by some kind of artificial device. It's clearly failing, but if we send power into the system, we can buy some time I think."

Roll: Investigation 5
, 1 benny spentInvestigation: 1d10-2 = 1: 3 or 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Benny to reroll 1d10-2 = 5: 7 or 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Last edited by Mei Ying on Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Vivian Parker
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:47 am

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Vivian Parker » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:50 am

Smarts -1
-4 difficulty
Smarts 1d8-4 = -3: 1
Wild 1d6-4 = -1: 3
Agility to see 3
-2 night and thermal vision
Agility 1d10-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Damage 7
1d12+5 = 7: 2
Survival 1
-2 difficulty
Survival 1d4-4 = -1: 3
Wild 1d6-4 = 1: 5
K. Arcana 8
K. Arcana 1d4-2 = 2: 4
Ace 1d4+2 = 6: 4
Ace 1d4+6 = 8: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Notice 12
-2 difficulty
Notice 1d8-2 = 6: 8
Ace 1d8+6 = 12: 6
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Garnet Town/Fandran’s hidden forge
Afternoon
Round 0

Vivian couldn’t figure out the rest of the lock. And then something beaned her from the darkness, knocking her into the wall. “What the hell?” She looked down at the remains of something from...hell? A dyval? She wasn’t hurt, just a bit surprised. “Yeah, I smell that sulfur too. And there’s obviously something out there.” She held her sword ready. “Can anyone figure that last bit out so we can get out of here? If you can buy us more time, that would be great,” she told Mei Ying.

***
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: 17 (6)
Acrobat: +2 nimbleness Agility rolls
Brawny: Load limit Str x 8
Connections (Black Market)
Danger Sense
Elan: +2 on benny rolls
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Strong Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Bennies: 3/4
Pistol Ammo: 20; 2 x 20 reloads
Rifle Ammo: 59; 2 x 60 reloads
Armor: 10/10 PP
Adventure Card:
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: 17 (6)
Acrobat: +2 nimbleness Agility rolls
Brawny: Load limit Str x 8
Connections (Black Market)
Danger Sense
Elan: +2 on benny rolls
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Strong Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Bennies: 5/4
Pistol Ammo: 20; 2 x 20 reloads
Rifle Ammo: 59; 2 x 60 reloads
Armor: 10/10 PP
Adventure Card:
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Speedy Gonzalez: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 768
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Corrigon » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:22 pm

The squad are able to dodge or at least only be caught glancing blows by the body parts thrown at them.

GRGRGRGRGRGRGRRGRGRGRGR you hear as a couple of you are struck by the creature parts hurled at you, until all of you stand up unaffected.

"GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!" the roar of frustration echoes down the corridor. Another sound begins echoing down the corridor, this time one of metal being ripped apart.


The others are able to decipher and use inordinate amounts of luck to unlock two more parts of the lock. Only one element remains and only a few limited choices remain. Marnot sits on Sula's shoulder and looks back up the corridor, somehow for a bird looking worried.
"Caw!"
OOC Comments
"Hurry daughter of Eir before it decides to stop playing with its prey and attacks.
OOC Comments
3 successes on the lock

1 more needed to gain entry.

Again, one more success at Intelligence -3 or investigation -1
Those of you stood between the door and the corridor of sheer darkness find it begin to be illuminated by something moving quickly towards you. Savant's radar sense quickly picks up that it is a metallic object several feet in diameter.

Screen-Shot-2019-07-18-at-10.43.54-AM.png
OOC Comments
As this object is actually on fire, you actually have some warning as it hurtles down the corridor at you. You have the chance to stop it before it reaches you.

it is moving at speed and still partly obscured, so to hit it will require a shooting (or equivalent) at -3. There is no chance to aim, and as it is just an inanimate object moving at speed, it requires multiple attacks each causing a wound against Toughness 12(6) for a maximum of one wound per hit.

If not successful at shooting it, there is the opportunity for some body to strike it at the last moment. Parry is 6 due to the speed.

If it hits the group at the back, you will each take 1d12+3 +2d6 for the flames

You can dodge it like you did last time with the body parts but this will keep going and strike the people at the door if not impeded.

If it matters, the fire is demonic in origin
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
Rose
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:00 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Rose » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:49 pm

Rune Activation 10; Greater Boost Rune
Arcana 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Benny to Reroll
Arcana 1d8 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Wild Ace 1d6 = 4: 4
Greater Boost +4 Dice to Investigation
Some runes on Rose begin to glow and then she starts looking over the lock on the door.
Investigation 4
Skill check at -1
Investigation 1d10 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Status Tracker: 3rd
Rose

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 30 / 30
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6 ; Parry: 7 ; Toughness: 16 (5)
  • Brave: Add +2 to Fear Test
  • Ambridextrous
  • Quick: If Dealt a 5 or lower in combat, may discard/draw again until higher then 5.
  • Martial Artist: not subject to unarmed defender
  • Brawler
  • Bruiser
  • Two-Fisted
  • Improved Martial Artist
  • AB: Runes (with Master of Magic)
    • Boost/Lower Trait (PPE: 2)
    • Defection (PPE: )
    • Smite (PPE: )
    • Fiery Touch (Damage Field) (PPE: 4)
  • Runic Adept: Can spend 1 PPE to gain AP 2 with all of her unarmed attacks until her next action. Boost/lower trait, deflection, and Smite are retrapped to activate as free action but can only be used on herself.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Vivian Parker
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:47 am

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Vivian Parker » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:41 am

Shooting 13; Raise
-3 difficulty, Marksman +2, Ion +2, scope offsets 2 points of penalties
Shooting 1d12+3 = 13: 10
Wild 1d6+3 = 4: 1
Raise Damage 17
4d6 = 11: 3, 2, 4, 2
Benny to reroll damage 4d6 = 17: 4, 5, 4, 4
Agility 4
Agility 1d10 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Garnet Town/Fandran’s hidden forge
Afternoon
Round 0

“Oh, shit!” Vivian said, seeing the object on fire coming at them. She quickly raised her rifle and fired an ion blast. Then she tried to roll out of the way.

***
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: 17 (6)
Acrobat: +2 nimbleness Agility rolls
Brawny: Load limit Str x 8
Connections (Black Market)
Danger Sense
Elan: +2 on benny rolls
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Strong Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Bennies: 2/4
Pistol Ammo: 20; 2 x 20 reloads
Rifle Ammo: 59; 2 x 60 reloads
Armor: 10/10 PP
Adventure Card:
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: 17 (6)
Acrobat: +2 nimbleness Agility rolls
Brawny: Load limit Str x 8
Connections (Black Market)
Danger Sense
Elan: +2 on benny rolls
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Strong Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Bennies: 5/4
Pistol Ammo: 20; 2 x 20 reloads
Rifle Ammo: 59; 2 x 60 reloads
Armor: 10/10 PP
Adventure Card:
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Speedy Gonzalez: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Kidemonas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:33 pm

Kidemonas seeing the thing flying towards the group and this time more aware of it, jumps in front, smashing it aside as it gets close the thing is batted to the ground after bouncing off of him.

OOC Comments
Taking the damage 1d12+3 = 5: 2

Can I roll Agility or Fighting maybe to keep it from hitting anyone else?
Getting real annoyed at being trapped down in here Kidemonas looks to the others. "Are we going to get to kill whatever is throwing this stuff? Because it seems like it should be killed before someone gets hurt."
Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 2
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    -1 Notice cause of pain
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 38 (16) / 12 (4) in human form (wears light non-environmental armor)
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills:
Fighting d6
Knowledge (Arcane) d6
Magic d6
Notice d6
Psionics d6
Tracking d4
Shooting d6
Stealth d4
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Fast Regeneration: May make a natural healing roll at the beginning of each turn.
Flame Aura: 3d6 Mega damage for 6 round, then needs 10 minutes rest.


ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • none
Adventure Cards
  • 49 Parley All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
    30 Revelation Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc.
    7 Not Today Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Savant » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:05 pm

OOC Comments

If not successful at shooting it, there is the opportunity for some body to strike it at the last moment. Parry is 6 due to the speed.

Wild Attack (+2/+2, -2 Parry until next action)
Fighting Fire with a Sword 1d12+2 = 14: 12 ACE 1d12+14 = 24: 10
Wild Fighting 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Pity there's no effect for a Raise on attacking an object--Damage vs. Toughness 12 (6), with AP 4 = Net Toughness 8:
Damage 1d12 = 2: 2 + 1d10+2 = 3: 1
Benny to reroll Damage: 1d12+2 = 8: 6 + 1d10 = 3: 3
Savant dealt a Wound to it.
Savant senses the metal coming, of course, but doesn't actually realize it was on fire until just before she strikes the hurtling chunk of slag with her vibrosword.

"Why was that burning? Metal is not supposed to burn." Metal isn't supposed to fly at you at high speeds, either, but apparently she's accepting that at face value.
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Kidemonas » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:11 am

Kidemonas replied back to Savant. "Some sort of monster is throwing these things can I go kill him?" Forgetting how his last one on one battle went Kidemonas is so ready to get out of these caves he will do whatever is needed to get out of this situation.
Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 2
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    -1 Notice cause of pain
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 38 (16) / 12 (4) in human form (wears light non-environmental armor)
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills:
Fighting d6
Knowledge (Arcane) d6
Magic d6
Notice d6
Psionics d6
Tracking d4
Shooting d6
Stealth d4
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Fast Regeneration: May make a natural healing roll at the beginning of each turn.
Flame Aura: 3d6 Mega damage for 6 round, then needs 10 minutes rest.


ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • none
Adventure Cards
  • 49 Parley All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
    30 Revelation Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc.
    7 Not Today Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Savant » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:56 am

Savant shakes her head at Kidemonas. "No, my friend, for if we plunge into the darkness to deal with this foe, another might slip past us and assault our friend while we are away. We must stand and endure, and make it clear to the fiend beyond that if it wishes to harm us, it must emerge to face our blade and claw."
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”

User avatar
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Penny Wise » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:27 pm

Penny trusts the more experienced soldiers to deal with the threat, and continues to investigate the lock, feeling the thrill of almost deciphering a puzzle as she traces her finger to the last few spots.
OOC Comments
Investigation: 1d10-1 = 6: 7
Wild Die: 1d6-1 = 2: 3

+2 from Investigator Edge, so 2 successes at a roll of 9.
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles

User avatar
Mei Ying
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Mei Ying » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:41 pm

Mei Ying whirls, moving her hands in complex patterns and speaking words that echoed oddly in the room. She needed to put power in the conduits, but that wouldn't help anyone if they were crushed in the passage by this thing...would the dragon be enough? Why risk it?

A whirling vortex of violet light, constrained by orbiting Atlantean runes, erupted in the floor. Out from the portal appeared a hulking humanoid figure that stood nearly twelve feet tall while hunched over, and seemed to be made entirely of packed muscle.

The ogre whirled to face the enemy...and saw the oncoming, flaming chunk. Not the brightest bulb in the box, it roared challenge and charged!

Ogre Power!
Strength to try to stop it? 1d12+3 = 13: 10

User avatar
Sula
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Sula » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:38 pm

Exalted Detect Arcana 5
Exalted Detect Arcana 1d10-3 = 3: 6 (+1 from staff, -4 from Alex call)
wild die 1d6-3 = 2: 5

Benny for Exta Effort 1d6 = 2: 2
She stepped out of the way to allow Rose to study the door and her eyes moved over the realm around them in worry as they worked. How much longer did they have? She knew they had to hurry. She hoped the door opened soon. They would have to deal with the monster that had been throwing stuff at them if they were to get out unless there was another exit beyond the door they were fighting with. The worry she felt was easily read on her face if anyone looked. Though everyone was pretty busy so they might not.
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6+2; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;
  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes
Bennies 1/3
PPE: 23/35;
Staff PPE: 10/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 768
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Corrigon » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:28 pm

Mei Ying's concentration is disrupted as she tries to summon an elemental as a sudden loud screeching noise erupts from the pipes right next to her ear.
OOC Comments
You forgot to actually post a roll to summon the creature, but it wasn't needed
The door clicks and hisses before slowly rolling back to the right. There is barely any light inside but the air smells fresher and there is no loud growling from this direction. As you all rush inside, the lights suddenly burst to life, bathing you in illumination. As your eyes adjust to the sudden illumination after time spent in the dark and dim lights outside, behind you, the door rolls back and slams shut. On the other side, you hear what sounds like a frustrated growl. For the moment at least, you feel safe.

Before stands a large open plan room that at best could be described as eclectic as to its purpose.

In the far end stands a forge
medieval forge.jpg
It looks like it has been recently used, with a few items still scattered around.

To the immediate left as you enter the room, there is a series of medical tubes.
b3b057407385f23759cf98c3628e250c.jpg
Purvis clutches his head as he stumbles off to that side. There is something inside the tubes, but it is not immediately obviously what in the bright lights.

An engineering lab stands at the far end adjacent to the forge. This looks from a distance like somebody has ransacked it as there are obvious signs of items strewn on the floor.
engineering bay.jpg
A medical bay stands to the right and in the corner stands another one of the pods Rose recognises as akin to the one she was inside.
medical laboratory.jpg
Where do you wish to explore?
OOC Comments
On a notice roll -6, you notice that the sulphur smell from earlier is still around
As you explore, everyone is allowed a roll on the HJ table of weapons, magical items, body armour of their choice. They will have to describe which section they are going into to receive this item.

There is also two magical items that will become apparent in the room. These can be randomly generated from the fantasy companion if somebody would like to oblige (hopefully avoid Jester's hats again)
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Kidemonas » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:46 pm

Notice and HJ roll
Notice 1d6-6 = -3: 3
Wild 1d6-6 = -3: 3

HJ Magic Item Table 1d20 = 19: 19
Choice = Obviously staff.
Kid walks into the strange eclectic room, poking things and looking. "So, this guy was a scientist or a wizard?" He asks, considering the two conflicting drives in his own mind. The rooms furniture feels frail and undersized, the stale air having a smell of dust, but without the mildew expected from something so old and abandoned. Scattered items are laying about. The mix of high value magical weapon laying next to a crooked old stick and a spartan bed makes little sense. "Do you think maybe the guy who lived here was immune to sleep or something? I mean, who could sleep on this thing?" As he moves on he sees the small collection of vials in the white holder on the table and lifts it up. "What do you think these chemicals where for?" So many rooms, and so many interesting things.
Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 2
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    -1 Notice cause of pain
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 38 (16) / 12 (4) in human form (wears light non-environmental armor)
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills:
Fighting d6
Knowledge (Arcane) d6
Magic d6
Notice d6
Psionics d6
Tracking d4
Shooting d6
Stealth d4
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Fast Regeneration: May make a natural healing roll at the beginning of each turn.
Flame Aura: 3d6 Mega damage for 6 round, then needs 10 minutes rest.


ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • none
Adventure Cards
  • 49 Parley All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
    30 Revelation Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc.
    7 Not Today Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Sula
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Sula » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:49 pm

Notice -2
Notice 1d4+2 = 4: 2-6 is -2
Sula follows the dragon. She sniffs at the vial, thereby entirely missing the brimstone smell. "I'm not sure. He's been alive long enough I suppose he could be both and more. But does anyone see him?"
Heros Journey
Heros Journey Roll, Magic Items 1d20 = 4: 4 is Shadow Cloak...sneaky Monokeri!
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6+2; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;
  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes
Bennies 1/3
PPE: 23/35;
Staff PPE: 10/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,

User avatar
Vivian Parker
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:47 am

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Vivian Parker » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:55 am

Notice -1
-6 difficulty
Notice 1d8-6 = -4: 2
Wild 1d6-6 = -1: 5
HJ roll
1d20 = 4: 4
Garnet Town/Fandran’s hidden forge
Afternoon
Round 0

“Maybe he’s invisible?” Vivian suggested to Sula. “Can anyone do that magic voodoo and see him?” She poked around the medical lab. It reminded her of the days she spent in recovery after the Black Market got through sticking a bunch of cyber in her.

***
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: 17 (6)
Acrobat: +2 nimbleness Agility rolls
Brawny: Load limit Str x 8
Connections (Black Market)
Danger Sense
Elan: +2 on benny rolls
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Strong Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Bennies: 2/4
Pistol Ammo: 20; 2 x 20 reloads
Rifle Ammo: 59; 2 x 60 reloads
Armor: 10/10 PP
Adventure Card:
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: 17 (6)
Acrobat: +2 nimbleness Agility rolls
Brawny: Load limit Str x 8
Connections (Black Market)
Danger Sense
Elan: +2 on benny rolls
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Strong Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Bennies: 5/4
Pistol Ammo: 20; 2 x 20 reloads
Rifle Ammo: 59; 2 x 60 reloads
Armor: 10/10 PP
Adventure Card:
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Speedy Gonzalez: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Kidemonas » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:32 am

OOC Comments
Spellcasting 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace (not that it matters here) 1d6+6 = 11: 5
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Kidemonas gets excited. He knows how to do this, he can make magic to see invisible things. But not wanting to seem to eager to please the mortals he instead says. "It is a simple thing for a dragon to see the invisible."
Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 2
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    -1 Notice cause of pain
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 38 (16) / 12 (4) in human form (wears light non-environmental armor)
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills:
Fighting d6
Knowledge (Arcane) d6
Magic d6
Notice d6
Psionics d6
Tracking d4
Shooting d6
Stealth d4
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Fast Regeneration: May make a natural healing roll at the beginning of each turn.
Flame Aura: 3d6 Mega damage for 6 round, then needs 10 minutes rest.


ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • none
Adventure Cards
  • 49 Parley All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
    30 Revelation Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc.
    7 Not Today Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Savant » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:46 pm

Notice 9
Notice 1d4-2 = 0: 2
Wild Notice 1d6-2 = 4: 6 ACE 1d6+4 = 9: 5

HJ: Personal Ranged Weapons 1d20 = 18: 18 Portable Rocket Launcher.

Savant tips her head, sniffing around. Then she nods. "Yes, friend Kidemonas, please, demonstrate your skill at perceiving that which we cannot." Even as she speaks, she reaches behind one of the ransacked tables in the engineering lab and pulls out... a rocket launcher. "Hm. This could be useful."
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”

User avatar
Sula
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Sula » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:15 pm

Sula is poking around and finds a cloak. She looks at it curiously. There is something about it. She studies it. She swirls it around to put it on and her eyes land over on the engineering section. "That is where I saw Fandran in pain. I hope we are not too late."
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6+2; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;
  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes
Bennies 1/3
PPE: 23/35;
Staff PPE: 10/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,

User avatar
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Penny Wise » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:51 pm

Penny is immediately curious, looking around at everything - but her first stop is the Engineering section, choosing to leave mystical pursuits to those better equipped.
OOC Comments
Hero's Journey: Range Weapons 1d20 = 7: 7
Notice: 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild Die: 1d6 = 4: 4
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles

User avatar
Rose
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:00 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Rose » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:10 pm

Notice 1
Notice 1d8-6 = 1: 7
Wild 1d6-6 = -2: 4
HJ Roll
Armor HJ table: 1d20 = 18: 18
Rose sees the medical bay section and heads over to that part of the room. "Maybe they are in a pod?" As she is looking around in that part of the room, she finds some armor with a micro exoskeleton enhancement in the legs. "This looks weird."
Status Tracker: 3rd
Rose

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 30 / 30
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6 ; Parry: 7 ; Toughness: 16 (5)
  • Brave: Add +2 to Fear Test
  • Ambridextrous
  • Quick: If Dealt a 5 or lower in combat, may discard/draw again until higher then 5.
  • Martial Artist: not subject to unarmed defender
  • Brawler
  • Bruiser
  • Two-Fisted
  • Improved Martial Artist
  • AB: Runes (with Master of Magic)
    • Boost/Lower Trait (PPE: 2)
    • Defection (PPE: )
    • Smite (PPE: )
    • Fiery Touch (Damage Field) (PPE: 4)
  • Runic Adept: Can spend 1 PPE to gain AP 2 with all of her unarmed attacks until her next action. Boost/lower trait, deflection, and Smite are retrapped to activate as free action but can only be used on herself.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Mei Ying
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Mei Ying » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:54 am

Mei Ying ventures into the room with the tubes and lingers there for a moment. It's quiet, with the others rummaging around in other places, and she is disquieted at what these tubes could portend. Someone working in such a secluded place, with this equipment, could create living monstrosities. Or heal the desperately wounded. Which would it be? It was some small blessing that the tubes were intact at least.

It was under a bench built into the wall facing the tubes that she found what might be a clue... A small pile of debris, ancient by the look of it. The leather had crumbled to dust, even metal had rusted and decayed. But the linked chains of the armor were as shiny and new as they must have been freshly out of the forge. And there was a roll of parchment, sealed with wax, that poked out of what must have been a pouch of some kind. Paper outliving leather hm?

She reached down to pick the scroll up, and immediately sensed the power in it. Magic energy bound to the page, sealed within. Cautiously she probed it, even unrolling it just a little to spot the words along the top. Old letters, but their meaning was clear. The magic within was protective. It could come in handy. Mei Ying stowed it in her own pouch.

The armor was interesting. As she lifted it, Mei Ying felt a power within it as well. The steel was tougher than usual...magically hardened perhaps...but the greater power was the reservoir of magic energy it contained. A protective spell, she thought. A ward of some kind. By modern standards it would not fare well...but to a collector, it might fetch a price.

Curiously, alongside the pile of old objects was a much more modern thing, an item of 'techno-wizardry' in the shape of a shotgun. When Mei Ying touched it carefully, it felt colder than the surrounding room. Left here by a more recent traveler? Why then had they not picked it back up again?

Rolls - Notice fail, generated 2 magic items
Notice! 1d6-6 = -1: 5 or 1d6-6 = -3: 3
HJ roll (enchanted items): 1d20 = 5: 5 - Iceblast Shottie!

Magic Item 1: 1d20 = 18: 18 - Arcane Scroll of Environmental Protection!
Type: 1d20 = 10: 10 - Arcane
Power: 3d20 = 30: 1, 11, 18 - Environmental Protection (11pp)

Magic Item 2: 1d20 = 2: 2 Chain Hauberk of Deflection (arcane skill 1d8, 10ppe, Deflection power; minor artifact), Armor +2, Toughness +1, 25lbs, $4800
Type: 1d20 = 7: 7 - Armor
Armor Type: 1d20 = 10: 10 - Chain Hauberk
Armor Bonus: 1d20 = 20: 20 - Special!
Normal Bonus: 1d20 = 9: 9 +1 Toughness
Special Bonus: 1d20 = 16: 16 - Minor Artifact!
# Powers 1d2 = 1: 1
Artifact power: 1d20 = 7: 7 - Deflection!

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 768
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Corrigon » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:36 pm

As the group begin their search, you each uncover something useful scattered around the room.

Savant notices the smell of sulphur present in the room; fresh unlike the air in the room.

In the Forge, Kidemonas can see a stand, with a suit of medieval armour that was not previously apparent. It shimmers as Kid activates his magic.

Over in the medical area, Rose sees the Pod, which like the one you saw Purvis inside, it definitely is in use.

As Mei Ying looks in the area with the medical tubes, Purvis becomes agitated at the sight of the tubes or more accurately, what is contained within the tubes.

"What kind of monster does things like this?" he points at what appears to be body parts floating in whatever the slightly pale blue liquid is.
OOC Comments
Knowledge arcana -2 roll to identify the body parts as a mix of demonic and dyval
As several of you enter and begin searching the Engineering Section, there is a clatter of something metal bouncing on the floor and an arm flops out from behind a workbench to the rear of the section.

"Help me," the person begs, voice weak. As Sula sees him, she instantly recognises the face of Fandran from her vision, though this time, the face is more clearly emaciated. There is a gaping wound in his side, whilst blood is smeared on the floor in a trail towards the back of the work area.
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Kidemonas » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:20 pm

Kidemonas looks clesly at the suit of armor. "Hey anyone see this thing. It is like enchanted armor of some sort." Reaching out he touches the armor seeing hw it responds when suddenly a noise is heard. Turning he see the arm followed by the man flopping.
"We should help him, he looks like he eeds healing." Kidemonas says, his eyes scanning around. "But who did this to him?"
Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 2
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    -1 Notice cause of pain
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 38 (16) / 12 (4) in human form (wears light non-environmental armor)
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills:
Fighting d6
Knowledge (Arcane) d6
Magic d6
Notice d6
Psionics d6
Tracking d4
Shooting d6
Stealth d4
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Fast Regeneration: May make a natural healing roll at the beginning of each turn.
Flame Aura: 3d6 Mega damage for 6 round, then needs 10 minutes rest.


ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • none
Adventure Cards
  • 49 Parley All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
    30 Revelation Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc.
    7 Not Today Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 768
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Corrigon » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:49 pm

For a second, as Kidemonas reaches the man, he feels a slight flicker as if he can suddenly back outside this complex again, but it is fleeting and gone again.
OOC Comments
restore 1 PPE
As it happens, the man screams in pain and clutches his stomach.
OOC Comments
Notice roll - where he clutches his stomach is not where the wound is.
GM bennies 6/8

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Kidemonas » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:54 pm

Notice 7
Notice 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

Tired of failing everything, benny to reroll.
Notice 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 7: 1
Seeing the man wince Kid says. "You okay? I think something is really wrong with him."

OOC Comments
Not going to try and heal him, I figure that is solidly in Sulu's domain.
Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 2
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    -1 Notice cause of pain
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 38 (16) / 12 (4) in human form (wears light non-environmental armor)
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills:
Fighting d6
Knowledge (Arcane) d6
Magic d6
Notice d6
Psionics d6
Tracking d4
Shooting d6
Stealth d4
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Fast Regeneration: May make a natural healing roll at the beginning of each turn.
Flame Aura: 3d6 Mega damage for 6 round, then needs 10 minutes rest.


ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • none
Adventure Cards
  • 49 Parley All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
    30 Revelation Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc.
    7 Not Today Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Rose
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:00 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Rose » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:20 am

Rose is about to look at who is in the pod as she hears several voices call out.
Notice 14

Notice 1d8 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Wild Ace 1d6+6 = 12: 6
Wild Ace Ace 1d6+12 = 14: 2
She recognizes the second voice as Fandran and rushes over to where she heard it coming from. "I'm here." She calls out upon arriving at the location.
Status Tracker: 3rd
Rose

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 30 / 30
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6 ; Parry: 7 ; Toughness: 16 (5)
  • Brave: Add +2 to Fear Test
  • Ambridextrous
  • Quick: If Dealt a 5 or lower in combat, may discard/draw again until higher then 5.
  • Martial Artist: not subject to unarmed defender
  • Brawler
  • Bruiser
  • Two-Fisted
  • Improved Martial Artist
  • AB: Runes (with Master of Magic)
    • Boost/Lower Trait (PPE: 2)
    • Defection (PPE: )
    • Smite (PPE: )
    • Fiery Touch (Damage Field) (PPE: 4)
  • Runic Adept: Can spend 1 PPE to gain AP 2 with all of her unarmed attacks until her next action. Boost/lower trait, deflection, and Smite are retrapped to activate as free action but can only be used on herself.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Sula
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Sula » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:18 pm

She hears a voice call for help and rushes over. "Fandran! Oh thank Eir you are still alive! She sent me to help you." Even as she speaks she lowers her horn to touch the man. It glows as she focuses her power.
Notice 15
Notice 1d4+2 = 6: 4
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Notice Ace 1d4 = 4: 4
Notice Ace Again 1d4 = 4: 4
Notice Ace Round 3 1d4 = 1: 1
Healing Auto Raise on Success 11 plus any from Auto Raise Minus Fandran Wound Penalty
Mysticism 1d10+3 = 11: 8
Wild Die 1d6+3 = 4: 1
Sula
Rank: Novice Experience: 5 Advances Left:
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6+2; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;
  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes
Bennies 1/3
PPE: 23/35;
Staff PPE: 10/10
ISP: 20/20


1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,

User avatar
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Penny Wise » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:05 pm

Penny lets the others tend to the man in pain, feeling out of her league.
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 8: 8
Ace Die: 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild Die: 1d6 = 6: 6
Wild Ace Die: 1d6 = 2: 2
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles

User avatar
Vivian Parker
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:47 am

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Vivian Parker » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:44 pm

Notice 3
Notice 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Garnet Town/Fandran’s hidden forge
Afternoon
Round 0

“Kidemenos, we’re going to need your strength to get this equipment off of Fandran,” Vivian said to the dragon. “You lift, I’ll pull him free.” She knelt down next to the trapped man as Sula healed him. “Where are you hurt?” she could see the blood, but not the wound. She grabbed under Fandran’s arms and readied herself to pull him free once the dragon lifted the debris off of him.

***
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: 17 (6)
Acrobat: +2 nimbleness Agility rolls
Brawny: Load limit Str x 8
Connections (Black Market)
Danger Sense
Elan: +2 on benny rolls
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Strong Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Bennies: 2/4
Pistol Ammo: 20; 2 x 20 reloads
Rifle Ammo: 59; 2 x 60 reloads
Armor: 10/10 PP
Adventure Card:
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: 17 (6)
Acrobat: +2 nimbleness Agility rolls
Brawny: Load limit Str x 8
Connections (Black Market)
Danger Sense
Elan: +2 on benny rolls
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Strong Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Bennies: 5/4
Pistol Ammo: 20; 2 x 20 reloads
Rifle Ammo: 59; 2 x 60 reloads
Armor: 10/10 PP
Adventure Card:
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Speedy Gonzalez: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.

User avatar
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Kidemonas » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:30 pm

Kidemonas looks at the weight and moves into position. Once @Sula and @Vivian Parker give the okay, he lifts the mass of Fandrain as if it was little more than cardboard furniture.

.
OOC Comments
Strength 1d12+8 = 13: 5
Wild 1d12+8 = 16: 8
Sorry d6 for Wild 1d6+8 = 14: 6
Current Status
PPE: 20/20
ISP: 10/10

Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 2
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    -1 Notice cause of pain
Character Summary
Kidemónas a Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Parry: 5 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 38 (16) / 12 (4) in human form (wears light non-environmental armor)
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Strong Will
Skills:
Fighting d6
Knowledge (Arcane) d6
Magic d6
Notice d6
Psionics d6
Tracking d4
Shooting d6
Stealth d4
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+6 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bit (d12+3d6+6 AP4), and Fear.
Spells: Arcane Infusion and Disruption (Boost/Lower Trait), Undue (Healing), and Arcane Sustenance (Succor).
Psionics: Doubt (Confusion), Mist Walk (Intangibility), and Force of Will (Puppet).
Equipment of Note: Light Generic LLW Styled Armor, Bracers of the Arcane (10 PPE, Deflection, Master of Magic, changes shape with me).
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Fast Regeneration: May make a natural healing roll at the beginning of each turn.
Flame Aura: 3d6 Mega damage for 6 round, then needs 10 minutes rest.


ACTIVE EFFECTS
  • none
Adventure Cards
  • 49 Parley All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
    30 Revelation Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc.
    7 Not Today Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
.
GM Quick Reference

User avatar
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Savant » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:05 am

Notice 9
Notice 1d4+4 = 6: 2
Wild Notice 1d6+4 = 9: 5
Savant whirled when the man falls into view, but then realizes he's no threat (for now) and decides to take up a ready stance; shouldering the rocket launcher, she draws her sword and waits. She does make a curt comment, however: "He's clutching the wrong spot. Maybe something was placed inside of him?"
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”

User avatar
Mei Ying
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: Adventure 3 The Search for Fandran

Post by Mei Ying » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:19 pm

Mei Ying watched the others tending to Fandran with slightly narrowed her eyes. He was probably their best bet in getting out before it was too late. But...

Her gaze was drawn back to the trail of blood. He'd crawled there from somewhere else. Somewhere he'd been injured. Given the strange contents of these tubes, that something could conceivably still be around here. In fact, the creatures roaming the halls outside could have once been in here. Was there another way in, perhaps? One they'd used to escape?

"Ask him how to get out of this pocket plane quickly," Mei advised as she started following the blood trail. "Or anything you do now to save his life will very shortly be meaningless."

(moving along his trail, trying to find the place he was injured...will charge the iceblast while I'm at it, just in case)

Post Reply

Return to “3rd SET Adventure Forum”