Tome of Destiny Act 3

Adventures of the 3rd SET, The Losers
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Tome of Destiny Act 3

Post by Penny Wise »

Penny holds up the hat, one eyebrow askance. "It's... a... it's... oh God it is a jester's hat, inside an honest to God treasure chest. Okay then, that's a shirt. That at least I understand."

She nodded at Nyxil passing along the stone. "Thank you. I think this should go with one of our mages, to better understand how exactly it works. Never was any good with magic..."
OOC Comments
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Sula wrote:Sula thinks for a moment. "Could it help me find my brother? If so, may I come with you?" The temptation of furthering her knowledge of things that could help others was pretty strong. Even stronger if it could help her find her brother as well.

Nyxil shakes his head mournfully at Sula
"I have not seen anything in there that might be applicable." He turns his head to look at the remainder of the Squad,
"Your friends were capable of tracking me down. Perhaps they will have luck finding your brother." he encourages her, "do not lose hope little one. I am sure there will be opportunity to find your brother."
OOC Comments
Nyxil was not in your vision from Eir
Penny Wise wrote:She nodded at Nyxil passing along the stone. "Thank you. I think this should go with one of our mages, to better understand how exactly it works. Never was any good with magic..."
"Not many are my equal, but this is a simple spell that they should be able to duplicate given time."

Nyxil hefts the Meganomicon in one clawed hand. “It is time for me to say farewell. This book is too powerful for the world as it stands now. Perhaps, someday, there will be a place of enlightenment that could use the book’s powers for the benefit of all.” The dragon hatchling falls silent for a moment. “I don’t know when that day may come, but until then, I must hide the tome away where none can find it. When the time is right, I will make arrangements so someone…perhaps heroes like yourselves… can recover the Meganomicon.”

The dragon hatchling grins. “Goodbye, my friends. Remember me, for I shall certainly remember you!”

With a powerful leap, Kyxil takes to the air, his wings carrying him far away.

END
GM bennies 6/8
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles let out a long sigh. His eyes didn't leave the dragon until the creature vanished from sight. He had a bad feeling about the whole situation. The dragon, on the surface, SEEMED like it was a 'good guy'. It had SEEMED like it truly wanted to simply keep the book safe and out of the 'wrong hands'. But with power like the book seemed to have, what if that wasn't enough? What if the power of the book corrupted the dragon, even? That spell that had wiped out the Coalition forces had taken time, energy and effort - but not that much for a dragon apparently. And it been awesome but very disturbing. He wasn't sure even the Coalition deserved that fate. But it was too late now. The book, and the dragon, were gone - and had that been the team's wish. He shook his head, hoping the feeling of foreboding was just paranoia.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 15/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Kidemonas was glad to see the dragon go. he could not put his finger on it, but he did not like Nyxil and was not impressed by the way he kept hiding that book. the worst thing about it was that the others seemed to trust Nyxil when Kidemonas instinctively felt there was something about him he did not like. Looking around to the others after Nyxil left his sight Kidemonas asks. "So do we head home and report? I am not sure we did anything helpful other than help Nyxil escape with a book he should have shared with us."
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant, still looking furtively at the sky, nods. "Yes. We should be clear of this place before any further trouble comes our way."
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Savant wrote:Savant, still looking furtively at the sky, nods. "Yes. We should be clear of this place before any further trouble comes our way."
Sealing up his hoard box and turning his head between the two warriors Kidemonas still shows his disappointment as he invites them to climb on. "Then climb aboard and we can get out of here."
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

Mica gets her cyclone back up and ready to go after inspecting it. Being tougher then the ground, meant it didn't take any damage like a normal motorcycle would have pulling that stunt. "So time to go back home then, alright."
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant leaps onto Kidemonas' back, with a broad grin. "My friend, I think I could live to be a thousand, and never tire of this."
Savant
Stat Block
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"Well, we found a group of refugees and steered them to safety, and we managed to keep the book out of the Coalition or worse, the Federation. Not a bad mission."

Penny climbs inside her ATV, warming up the engine and letting all others pile in as they needed. "Ready to go home if you all are!"
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles was in partial agreement with Kid. "Well, we DID hold off the Minions of Hades. We DID allow time for the other dragon to finish the spell. Though...you may be right. He may have been able to stay in the cave until finished, but I think he would have been buried in there possibly - at least until a spell from the book helped him."

He shook his head, still unhappy that the book was 'out there'. Even if hidden, it was still intact, still powerful and could be found potentially. "The Legion....I am uncertain if they will like how we handled this or not."

He then joined Penny for the ride home.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 15/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant grins wildly at Heracles, as the wind rushes through her Mohawk (of course, her helmet is off while flying, why do you ask?). "If they dislike it, then they will send us after him to retrieve it, as our next assignment. Surely the great Heracles would delight in yet another quest? We are hardly even a third of the way through your prior total!" She lays a hand on Kid's side, where she can feel the muscles pump when he flaps his wings. "And this time, you have a dragon, a unicorn and an oracle on your side!" Sula, of course, is down in the unit's vehicle right now, or she might correct the nomenclature chosen.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Excited at the prospect of getting another chance to read the book Kidemonas says. "I hope this is what they decide. I would really like to know what is in that book. Even if I am not ready to cast those spells it would be good to know in case we need to defend ourselves from them."

Return to “3rd SET Adventure Forum”