Open rp area - assuming on the journeys between missions

No rolls required, just IC posts
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: To Garnet Town and Back - open rp area

Post by Kidemonas »

Flying alongside the caravan Kidemonas looks to be deep in thought before he finally starts talking. “So I do not think it is fair for you to say that we cannot read the book.
“I am a dragon after all and the all the great powers of the universe are inherently mine.
“But if you give them to someone else they may be corrupted in a way that a dragon could not be. We are after all born of magic in our very beings.”

Looking down at the vehicle he flies close enough to be heard in person as well as over the radio. “But if you intend to give it to another, then you will be trusting that person in place of myself or Langdon. That does seem right.
“I think we should save the book, but then we should read it to make sure it is safe. I would not want something dangerous falling in the hands of the wrong people.”
Langdon Steed
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Langdon Steed »

Langdon is half asleep as he rides in the back of the ATV but he immediately perks up when the dragon starts in on the Spell of Legend.

">>Kidemonas makes a good point Guv. It seems to me the ones who have knowledge of how magic works - like Kid and me - should be the ones in the lead when it comes to this spell hunt. Wouldn't want any mistakes being made by people who don't know what they're dealing with, after all.<<"
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)

WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

OOC Comments
I see no one else cares to discuss the potential of making sure this knowledge is put to good use?
I think that means they agree with us.
OOC Comments
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles sought out Savant at some point once they were back in Garnet Town (or on the ride back to Garnet Town). He struggled for a moment for how to bring up what he wanted to say, but finally he just gave a shrug of his shoulders and spoke. No sense in beating around the bush. She hadn't seemed to show discomfort about things or prying in the past.

"Savant, I would ask a question if you are willing?" He stopped and the smiled. "Maybe more than one question, I suppose." He chuckled before sobering once more. "You...do not see...with your eyes. But can...tell what a person's face looks like, how they react to something you have said? Can you see a person's body language? I am curious how well your ability mimics or makes up for sight, if you do not mind."
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 15/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant nods to the question. "I do not mind. I have excellent acuity to my radar sense, moreso than even most of my sisters, due to the enhancement I receive from the M.O.M.--I can tell if someone's eyes are narrowed, or if their lips are curved up or down. Some things are less clear. For instance, I have heard that most non-Dogboy species 'blush' when embarrassed or otherwise discomfited in some way. The phenomenon has been described to me--a surge of blood to the veins near the skin, especially in the face, causing a discoloration. So I can grasp it in the abstract. But the very concept of 'color' is something I can only experience second-hand, by reading another's mind. I cannot detect heat this way, either, which I assume would otherwise be evident, if the blood vessels are dilated. In between these extremes would be something like sweating from nervousness--if mild, I would likely not notice a faint sheen of moisture that would be readily apparent to a person with sight. But if they are sweating so badly as to bead, or drip, then I would be able to track the individual droplets from across the room."
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Listening to the two warriors on his back talking Kidemonas interpreted. "Wait, you cannot see? But then you will not be able to know how majestic I am. Maybe we can get a wizard to help fix you?"
Kidemonas always wondered about the whole sweating thing as well. "I never understood why so many humanoids sweat? is it a defense thing to keep you from being eaten because it makes you taste salty?
"It works pretty good, because once a human gets scared it becomes really nasty smelling and tasting. I mean, i have not eaten one since Nicolas taught me not to. But still all that salt, none of the animals I normally eat sweat like that, so it does not make sense."

OOC Comments
Yes Rob knows that being blind is not something to 'fix' and I am not judging blind people negatively. But Kidemonas is not very wise and does not understand why people are different.
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant laughs at Kidemonas, gently, then pulls out a handkerchief; pouring a bit of the contents of her canteen onto it, she then wipes away her 'eyes'. She turns the disturbingly blank visage towards him. "Nothing to 'fix', my friend. But I appreciate your concern. And do not worry--my senses are more than adequate to perceive your majesty. Indeed, where others may not be able to see you at all--say, in the dark--I can still divine your powerful frame, plain as anything." She pauses, deciding a bit more explanation is probably warranted. "My sisters and I--the Altaran Warrior Women--have been forged by the Spulgorth as a chattel race. But some of us have managed to break those bonds. Our lack of eyes is part of the process of our breeding--I would no more be a true Altaran with eyes, than you would be a true dragon with no strength."
Savant
Stat Block
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Kidemonas tries to envision in his mind what it would be like to be blind even closing his eyes to experience what he thinks it must be like. "So it is like having your eyes closed all the time?" then thinking a bit more as he digest what she is saying he adds. "Oh, I am sorry. I did not know all of your people are slaves. When i am an adult we can travel together and i will help you destroy them. We can kill all of the slavers so your people will be free. i would do it for you now, but Nicolas taught me that the Splugorth are as powerful as adult dragons even, and i need to wait before killing them."
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles listened intently to Savant's answers, nodding occasionally. It was very interesting to him. He couldn't imagine being blind - but then neither could he imagine not having such an acute sense of smell. Or being able to 'smell' the energy of magic and psychics. But then you couldn't miss something you never had, and from what he'd come to understand, Savant had never had sight.

"Hmm, like how I can smell someone at a distance, tell different people apart simply by their smells. Not everyone can do so, so to them it seems like a wondrous and very different thing that they cannot imagine." He gave a nod to himself.

"I see. Well it does not hamper you for the most part, and I am glad to fight beside you and not have you as an enemy. I would be proud to share drinks with you sometime." He shook his head wryly. "It has been too long since I have gone drinking, really drinking."

He glanced at the young dragon, lips quirking a bit. As always, with the dragon, it all came back to himself. His eyes widened at the suggestion of 'fixing' Savant, and he started to open his mouth angrily - but Savant handled the situation first and much more delicately than he would have. He understood all too well about slavery. Dog Boys were, for the most part, unwitting slaves to the Coalition, little better than pets to the minds of some - though there were exceptions - but second-class citizens.

"I think you may find that a very tall order indeed, if even half the rumors I have heard about the Splugorth are true." He shrugged. "And the only reason dragons do not sweat is because they are so full of hot air and so lazy." He grinned, obviously teasing.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant chuckles at Heracles, then considers Kid's offer of a team-up against Splynncryth and his minions. "I do think it will be a challenge for me to live that long. I have no doubt, of course, that you will eventually be capable of such. But I know there are dragons in Atlantis even now who do not overthrow the High Lords."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

As Penny drove along, she drummed her fingers on the wheel, to the beat of a tune only she could hear. She sang under her breath in Spanish, and listening quietly to the discussions the others were having. In her head she was already composing the mission report, and realized that it was the first time in a long time she'd thought of herself as a commander instead of a reporter... and she wasn't sure it was a change she entirely disliked.
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles had a thought and glanced at Sula and Savant, a small smile sliding on to his face. "Huh. So two formidable women. Both have names...or nicknames at least...starting with an S." One eyebrow rose up as he looked at Savant specifically. "One doesn't see, and yet in some cases can see more than even the keen-eyed among the sighted." His gaze swept over to Sula, "The other can see but also has visions of things yet to come."

He shook his head. "The two of you definitely remind me of Oracles in the ages past, in different ways. Though," He grinned at Savant, "Not in ALL ways. I never met an Oracle who did battle and enjoyed battle, for instance. Or drinking." He looked over at Sula. "We still have not taken you drinking. It is great fun, especially when a brawl breaks out!"
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant cheers at Heracles' suggestion. "Oh, yes, I agree--we must all go drinking, when the chance arises. Just remember, the Mayor said that I have to give my weapons to someone else before doing that--something about vibro-blades being 'inappropriate for brawling'."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

"I have never drank booze before. But I bet I could drink more than anyone else ever had."
Vivian Parker

Post by Vivian Parker »

Vivian chuckled. “That so?” she asked Kidemenos. “Care to put credits on that, big guy?” She honestly didn’t know how much a dragon could drink, but given he’d just announced he was a virgin, she figured it made the odds better for her.
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: 17 (6)
Acrobat: +2 nimbleness Agility rolls
Brawny: Load limit Str x 8
Connections (Black Market)
Danger Sense
Elan: +2 on benny rolls
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Strong Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Bennies: 5/4
Pistol Ammo: 20; 2 x 20 reloads
Rifle Ammo: 59; 2 x 60 reloads
Armor: 10/10 PP
Adventure Card:
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Speedy Gonzalez: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

The young dragon unable to resist the temptation of being challenged and his ego being damaged he blurts out without thinking. "Ha, of course I would. I have 27,320 credits to prove it!"
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

Penny's eyes widened at the discussion, and she turned to Vivian and mouthed please do not get our large rowdy dragon boy drunk with a pleading expression.
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles leaned back and let out a surprised roar of laughter. After a quick moment, he slowed down a bit more and became coherent again. He shook his head and patted Kidemonas on the shoulder. "Ah, lad, you don't want to tell someone exactly how much money you have when you are negotiating or gambling. Always leave a little wiggle room...and a bit left for food, ale or whatever else."

He cocked his head to the side and then shrugged. "Though, I suppose in your case, you don't HAVE to eat or drink, so it's less of a concern." He smiled. "Still. Good life lesson for you."
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Hearing Penny's wise words and not recognizing them as such Kidemonas stifles a little. "I am just as capable as a human of drinking alcohol. Why i would bet dragons invented wine to teach humans culture." But when the conversation moves on he forgets the topic on hand being a little embarrassed at his faux pas Kidemonas tries to hide it. "Well, I did not say that was all I had." From his tone and the deepening on the purple in his scales it is obvious however to everyone that it is indeed all he has.
Vivian Parker

Post by Vivian Parker »

Vivian looked at Kidemenos. “Well, huh. I can’t cover that much,” she admitted, though she could feel her mouth salivating over that amount of credits. She caught Penny mouthing something to her and grinned.

“Fine. No getting the big guy drunk. But how about another wager.” Vivian retrieved a glass from the cupboard and filled it with water. She set it on the table. “I bet you I can drink that water without touching the glass,” she told Kidemenos. “How much do you want to wager I can’t?”
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Danger Sense
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Adventure Card:
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Speedy Gonzalez: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

Ah, thought Penny. I know this one. She quietly watched, with a bit of a grin, as Vivian set up the trick.
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Not being a fool Kidemonas laughs at Vivian and her offer. "Hah, anyone can do that. Just lift it magically and drop the glass in your mouth or eat the table and the glass just falls in with it."
"How much money do you have then? Maybe you can think of a bet that is actually difficult."
Vivian Parker

Post by Vivian Parker »

“Do I look like a spell-chucker to you, Kid?” Vivian asked. She reached back and moved her hair aside to reveal three skill ports. “I have too much cyber to be throwing spells around. And who eats a table?” She shook her head. “You don’t like the glass of water trick, how about a card trick? Three Card Monte.” She deftly produced a pack of cards. “I’m just a poor city rat from the Burbs. I only have about four K in creds. Signing up with the Legion was supposed to be my ticket to three squares and a warm bed.”
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Danger Sense
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Adventure Card:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Vivian Parker wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:13 am “Do I look like a spell-chucker to you, Kid?” Vivian asked. She reached back and moved her hair aside to reveal three skill ports. “I have too much cyber to be throwing spells around. And who eats a table?” She shook her head. “You don’t like the glass of water trick, how about a card trick? Three Card Monte.” She deftly produced a pack of cards. “I’m just a poor city rat from the Burbs. I only have about four K in creds. Signing up with the Legion was supposed to be my ticket to three squares and a warm bed.”
Watching her, but not trusting the cards Kidemonas says. "Okay, well if you have 4 thousand credits I will bet you. But be warned I will be watching closely and can see magic when it is used. If you eat the table I will not pay.

"So show me, how can you drink the water then without magic or psionic powers."
His eyes sharpen as he watches very carefully for some sort of trickery from the tiny human.
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles slowly crossed his arms over his chest and stared intently at Vivian. Some of the names of things she tossed out were unfamiliar to him, but he did not like someone taking advantage of his friend. And that was what it seemed like she was trying to do - fleece money off of the naive young dragon. He kept his eyes narrowed and focused on her, hoping to make her uncomfortable or for her to stop trying to take money from her teammates, but for the moment he kept silent.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Vivian Parker

Post by Vivian Parker »

Vivian smiled as Kidemenos agreed to the bet. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the dog boy cross his arms and glare at her. She shifted, slightly nervous. Should she go through with this? They were supposed to be team members. Maybe friends. Vivian didn’t have a lot of friends. But this was four thousand credits! Okay, so not a lot in the grand scheme of things, she supposed. Behind her back, she fiddled with the plastic straw she had slipped up her sleeve when she had gotten the glass of water. Of course, if the dragon got mad, he could eat her easily.

“Gah!” Vivian exclaimed, throwing the plastic straw onto the table. “It’s too easy! I’m not going to take your money, dragon,” she said, turning and stalking away from the others.
Notice Heracles’ disapproval 5
Notice [dice:2he8xkd1]44215:0[/dice:2he8xkd1]
Wild [dice:2he8xkd1]44215:1[/dice:2he8xkd1]
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Danger Sense
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Adventure Card:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Watching Vivian as she leaves frustrated and tosses the piece of plastic on the table Kidemonas is confused. Looking to the others in the room he asks. "Why is she upset? Did I scare her. I was not trying to be scary."

then after looking back and forth for a moment Kidemonas remembers what the 'straws' are used for. His mind spinning trying to figure out if that would have counted or not. Hum, he would have to ask the others, but not until Vivian calms down. He still does not know why she was so upset.
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant just keeps a bemused expression on her eyeless (but painted) face during the whole exchange, clearly finding this entertaining. When Kid looks befuddled, she smiles at him. "Do not worry my friend; you did not frighten her. Rather, I suspect she is experiencing growing pains, of a sort." And she walks off, herself, to go eliminate some of the Avianati threat, and not be around when her explanation invariably causes even more confusion.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"Growing pains, yeah. Hold on, I'll go have a chat with her."

With a little hustle in her pace, Penny catches up with Vivian, offering an easy smile. "I know," she says. "Magic and d-bees and dragons that are large rowdy kids at heart. It's a lot to get used to. How're you holding up?"
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Savant wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:22 am Savant just keeps a bemused expression on her eyeless (but painted) face during the whole exchange, clearly finding this entertaining. When Kid looks befuddled, she smiles at him. "Do not worry my friend; you did not frighten her. Rather, I suspect she is experiencing growing pains, of a sort." And she walks off, herself, to go eliminate some of the Avianati threat, and not be around when her explanation invariably causes even more confusion.
Thinking a bit Kidemonas understands clearly now. "Ah, I understand. Sometimes my joints hurts a little when I go through a growth spurt. I hope she feels better, maybe we need a magic spell or something to help her."

Nodding to himself Kidemonas wonders off looking for more fun thinking to himself. Huh, she looks just like the adults. They are so small it can be hard to tell the difference.
Vivian Parker

Post by Vivian Parker »

Vivan had wandered off to the fence surrounding the garden. She was idly watching the chickens peck the bugs off the plants when Penny came up. Vivian glanced at the other woman.

“I’m okay, I guess,” Vivian said. “Just...out of my element. I’m a city rat. This is...not the city. And then all the deebs and things.” She shook her head and looked back to the chickens.

“I never would have turned down a sucker like that before,” Vivian said. “I would have fleeced him for all he was worth and gone off laughing. I don’t know why I didn’t. Someone should, so he learns. Better that I do it, right? Keep the credits in the group? You seem normal. How did you get mixed up in all this craziness?”
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Danger Sense
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Adventure Card:
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"Well, they call me Commander, but actually, I'm a reporter." As if to emphasize the point, she produced a small notebook filled with notes and writings and stuck-on pieces of paper.

"I write about the things going on in North America - the struggles, the scandals, and what the powerful think they can get away with. The Tomorrow Legion liked my writing and figured I'd do a lot of good going out there and gathering up dirt, surrounded by a lot of powerful bodyguards. I was out of my element too - Pecos Empire kid, here - but I caught up. There would be no need for folks like me if we all acted the same, so I try and stay open-minded."
Vivian Parker

Post by Vivian Parker »

Vivian looked at Penny quizzically. “A reporter?” she asked. “I only know what I see on the news vids in Chi-Town,” she said. “They definitely don’t go into how to train a dragon! The only thing I know about Pecos is it’s a bunch of hillbilly outlaws.” She looked at Penny. “You don’t seem like a hillbilly.”
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Danger Sense
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Adventure Card:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Bored with no one to interact with Kidemonas goes hunting for something fun to do. Savant is always interested in doing fun and creative stuff maybe she is doing something interesting.

Coming up behind her as she hunts birds Kidemonas asks. "Why do you kill all the birds? You cannot possibly eat of them. And what is an Avanti?"
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant smiles at the Dragon, then grows serious as he brings up the subject of... them. Looking skyward, she presses a finger to her lips, then motions him to follow her inside (either to his cave, or into her rooms in the Widow's boarding house, whichever is closest). "Your questions are easier answered in reverse. The Avianati are a hidden conspiracy, seeking to control the world--indeed, all worlds. They are all birds or bird-types, hence the name. Mundane birds are their allies and spies, and so must be culled when possible, or avoided when not." She pauses for a moment, then goes on. "They are quite vicious and hostile to those who know their secret, so I am careful to whom I divulge such details, but I am confident that you, at least, can defend yourself. You should not speak of it to our teammates, however--they would not fare well if the Avianati were to target them whilst we were away, you understand. I am trusting you with this burden, because I know how mighty you are."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Listening and thinking on Savants words Kidemonas was a little unsure. She was always reliable about stuff, but non of the others believed in the Avanti. but still he needs to know. "How do you know which ones you can trust? I mean there are so many bird people and some like the Lyn Sriel seem nice."
Vivian Parker

Post by Vivian Parker »

Vivian wandered Widow Mikkelson’s, a bowl of cold fried chicken that she had found in the refrigerator tucked into her arm. She gnawed on a drumstick as she wandered up to the open door of Savant’s room, hearing Kidemenos inside with the eyeless woman. That was really kind of freaky, the way Savant looked at you without eyes.

“What’s this about cereal?” Viv asked as she leaned against the doorframe. “Want some chicken?” she offered. “It’s really good.”
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Danger Sense
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Adventure Card:
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

She nods to Kid. "I admit, I do not yet know how the Lyn-Srial fit into it--they may be a renegade faction, or even come from a dimension where the Avianati are not yet in sway. But the true Avianati hide behind others. So the Lyn-Srial may merely be dupes of the inner circle. If they do not side with the Avianati, though, then I assure you, they are in danger, for the bird conspirators will not permit their mastery of the skies to go unchallenged."

Vivian did, indeed, find a fair supply of chicken in the fridge--apparently, not long before her arrival, there was an... incident and a great many chickens were slaughtered, and the owners had to move the meat quickly in order to keep it from spoiling, so most of the households in town got some very cheap meat that they froze and now tap as needed for cooking. The Widow routinely keeps some new chicken dish stocked at all times. As Vivian arrives, she turns and smiles, the painted-on eyes looking lopsided today, making her 'looking at' the once (and future?) 'acquisitions specialist' even more unnerving than usual. "Ah, excellent! It is always good to feast on their flesh; a victory savored." She rips into the proffered bird-flesh with grim abandon, smacking her lips heartily.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Vivian Parker

Post by Vivian Parker »

“Damn, so creepy,” Vivian muttered when Savant looked at her. “Well, enjoy. I saw the old lady has a chicken coop out back, but I’ll be damned if I haven’t seen an actual chicken. Back in the ‘Burbs we usually raised pigeons. That’s some good eating, too, and less space than chickens. You can keep them on your roof.”
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Danger Sense
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Adventure Card:
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant fails to completely suppress an involuntary shudder at the idea of pigeons on the roof. "I don't see any advantage to that. Filthy beasts, pigeons--rats with wings."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Vivian Parker

Post by Vivian Parker »

“Actually, rat is pretty good, too,” Vivian commented, taking another bite of chicken. “Didn’t often have a lot of options growing up in the ‘Burbs.” She chuckled. “They did like to shit all over the statue of Prosek in the park.”
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Danger Sense
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Adventure Card:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Kidemonas thinks for a minute then asks a question that has bothered him for a while. "I don't understand. If they taste horrible, then why would you eat them? Wouldn't it just be better not to eat. I would never eat something horrible."
Vivian Parker

Post by Vivian Parker »

Vivian smiled up at Kidemenos. “Sometimes eating something horrible is good for you,” she said. “Like Brussel sprouts or liver. And sometimes it’s better than going hungry. A girl has to eat. The ‘Burbs we couldn’t just go out hunting. Not like I would know how to hunt anyway.”
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Danger Sense
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Adventure Card:

Return to “3rd SET Adventure Forum”