Silver Bluff- The Inn- Free Action

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Silver Bluff- The Inn- Free Action

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The Inn[ soon to be named lady of Justice] One of the more up kept places, made mostly of wood and brick, it too follows the oriental motif. Sort of out of place is a Zone Ranger in all its glory parked in the back of the Inn. The owner and barman is named Durbin a skinny fellow, and former juicer, he has a vibroblade hung behind the bar counter, and looks like he has fresh gash on his back. There is a piano man that plays during peak mealtime hours. In the dead of night which is when the team rolls into town only a few people are up in the lounge eating a light snack and drinking a warm cup of tea. This would be the community outreach team.
-Mr. Marvin a psi-stalker juicer [handsome and charismatic, very polite, although something is just off about him]
-Bell Quarterman [ Wilderness scout, human female. Smells like pine needles and magic. When she looks at you it is as if she is looking right through you. The Zone Ranger parked outside is hers]
-Dr. Danlack [ A grackle tooth rouge scholar, he is friendly and loves to expound on magical theory almost as if he can cast magic himself!]
Bronze makes the initial introductions, and soon leaves. On his way out he draws close to Libertas, " If you have it in you to work on my suit I'll meet you first thing in the morning at the Garage yonder." He shakes the young TW hand and heads home in his Glitter Boy.
The Skinny ex-Juicer scrambles out of his half asleep stupor leaving a bloody stain on the wall he was leaning against. He rubs his face. " Oh Gosh more folk, great. I am Durbin... He catches sight of Lucretia some what startled, but quickly bows. " Yuhh, Welcome to the Lady of Justice?" He says with a hint of a question mark smiling nervously at Lucretia. "There is some food on the table over there with the Legionnaires, and Mr. Marvin just got a pot of tea, but I'll make a fresh one for you!" He hands out some room keys for the upstairs rooms. The three Legionnaires are talking quietly among themselves about the Vampire attack.[Rooms at the Inn are provided free of charge]

The human female Bell says quietly apparently to no one, " That was a lot of vamps, and they came out of nowhere. I never thought I would be glad that the Coalition was hanging around, but they are alright in my book."
The grackletooth pulls down his spectacles peering over them at her, very friendly he comments, " Yes Yes Bell, a swarm... A group of crows is a murder, a group of vampire maybe more of a clan, yes? Only a few dead seems puzzling. They seemed disorganized, and the small attack from the south that Bronze and the Major went to investigate, did they ever come back?"
The bald and charming Mr. Marvin, and dressed in a blood red silk smoking jacket that covers most of his juicer harness, smiles, " Yes a clan, we thinned their ranks, that borg was remarkably useful for that. The Coalition seem remarkably restrained, perhaps the Major and his men are their version of a community outreach team. A clan would be apt, maybe 70-80 strong by my count, and Bronze..." He trails off as his nostrils flair up smelling the air... He casts a gaze at the members of the 13th especially lingering on the magic users. He laughs joking," It would appear the main course has arrived." The two others chuckle slightly as well. But the linger of Mr. Marvin's gaze makes you think that there is maybe some truth behind those words.

Feel free to RP a bit, plenty of tables, or your rooms are upstairs if you want to sleep.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Bane

Re: Silver Bluff- The Inn

Post by Bane »

Bane enters the bar and looks around, taking it all in.
OOC Comments
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]

Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]

Common Knowledge: [dice]2[/dice]

Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]
If he notices that the bartender is injured, Bane will go over to him and ask "What happened, did that happen during the vampire attack? Don't go anywhere or die on me, I'll be right back." Bane will then go get Lucretia with her armor so that any wounded in the town can be healed to the best of their abilities with her armor.

When that is done, or if Bane doesn't notice the bartender's injuries, he'll tell the group talking about the vampire attacks "They were more interested in trying to kidnap two babies who apparently are magical. There were ten wild vampires being led by a master who kept himself invisible for the entire battle, and he had a shadow dragon under his control via a pendant, but the pendant had be broken during the battle and the dragon flew away. Lucretia, do you have it on you still?" When she hands the pendant over to Bane, he'll give it a thorough looking over.
OOC Comments
Knowledge: Arcana [dice]4[/dice]

Wild Die: [dice]5[/dice]

-1 Bennie Extra Effort [dice]6[/dice]

3 + 5 = 8
Last edited by Bane on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Toughness: 8 (3)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)
PPE: 12/20
Bennies: 1

Alts: Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Silver Bluff/Lady of Justice Inn
Night

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Total=4

Common Knowledge [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Total=4

Jude entered the inn with the others and glanced at Lucretia as the innkeeper greeted them. “Sounds like you own the place, Lucy,” he said with a chuckle.

Jude nodded to the innkeeper. “Shouldn’t you get that looked at?” he asked, indicating Durbin’s injured back and the blood stain on the wall.

Then he turned his attention to the folks at the table. His gaze lingered on the woman for a moment before he overheard their discussion. “Wait, there were eighty vampires here?” he asked, incredulous. “How did there get to be so many? And what did they want?” Obviously they hadn’t tried slaughtering the town, if there were so few deaths. “We took care of the ones to the south,” he explained.

Jude did -- foolishly, perhaps -- step between the psi-stalker and the others. “No, sorry. I’m afraid this buffet is closed for the night,” he said warningly.

Intimidation [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Total=5
Last edited by Jude Maverick on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Libertas Magicum »

OOC Comments
Notice: 0
Wild Die: 1
-2 for Hearing-based Notice, so success or failure depending

Common Knowledge: 2
Wild Die: 3
Success
Libertas nods to Bronze, with a grin. "Like I said, I'm yours as long as the Sergeant doesn't need me for anything else. She might want me to fix the truck's suspension, first, but then we should be able to have a go of it."

He walks in with the others, carrying his precious gear-bag with him, and wearing his real armor, rather than the Maverick--no point in being subtle now--and then comes to a dead stop as he sees the Psi-Stalker. He doesn't seem to track the conversation going on around him, but as the Juicer makes his little joke, and Jude replies, he mutters under his breath, "Looks like one Vamp got missed, after all. Probably a good idea to keep him away from the babies, Sergeant." He doesn't draw his gun, at least, though his hand is definitely closer to the grip than it was a moment ago.
OOC Comments
Hooray for Racial Enemies! Poor Marvin might not even realize what the animosity is all about, just yet.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell makes her way to the inn with the others, doing her best to avoid the Coalition troopers without seeming like she's trying to avoid them.

We may be friends for the moment, but no reason to push it, she thinks, gazing curiously at the strange architecture of the inn and surrounding buildings.

Notice [dice]0[/dice]+2=7
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]+2

Common Knowledge[dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]

Inside the inn, she surveys the welcoming committee quickly, then goes to the bar. She removes her helmet, wondering briefly if leaving her red hair down or perhaps wrapping it in a headscarf would make her less recognizable to the CS. Cross that bridge later, I guess.

Taking her key, she nods at the bartender and his offer of tea.

"Don't suppose you've got something stronger to spike that with, do you? I could use something to take the edge off after that battle," she says.

Her order in, she heads to the table where the others sit. She nods professionally at Mr. Marvin -- she was well-acquainted with psi-stalkers, and the creepy vibe they could give off -- then smiles welcomingly to Bell, the scout. The tries to keep the grin going for the Grackle Tooth, mostly succeeding, then introduces herself.

"Name's Cantrell, recent addition to the 13th. I hear you're the outreach committee -- what exactly does that entail? I'm hoping maybe 'Equipping would-be vampire hunters' is on the list," she says, sinking into a seat at the table with a weary groan. "Sharing those snacks would be appreciated, too."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

"Neither of those are my name."
Lucretia grumbles a bit at Jude's comment about owning the place.

Sensing the rising tension in her team, she steps to the front of the group, putting a reassuring hand on each of Libertas' and Jude's arms as she passed.

"You must be the community outreach team. My name is Lucretia, and I lead the 13th SET."

She looks at the psi-stalker with the pot of tea.

"You must be the one they call Mr. Marvin. I hear that you if you hadn't alerted the town the attack would have been much worse. They are lucky you were here."
OOC Comments
EDIT: fixed formatting issue.
Last edited by Lucretia on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lucretia Altara Cyber-Knight (appears human) Alt of Ember
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Armor powered (1 hour), psi-sword, psi-shield, cyber-armor active (indefinite)
Sunlight pendant (30 minutes)
Bennies: 4/3
Parry: 10, -2 to be hit by technological weapons [13 with psi-shield]
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Pace: 8, run d10
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Charisma: +2(mods: +2 if respect CK, -4 if recognized as Altara)
Other: Blind-ish: Notice auto fails for color, text, and flat images
Click here to edit your signature
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas gets the message, but it's clear he's still unhappy with the situation. He takes a deep breath as Lucretia addresses Mr. Marvin, and looks to Durbin. "If you've got some herbal tea I can take up to my room, that would be great; I think I'm going to crash right away, so I can get to work at the garage first thing tomorrow." He smiles. "But first, let me fix that cut on your back--has it been less than an hour since you got hit?"
OOC Comments
This next bit only applies if they're still within the Golden Hour.

Techno-Wizardry (healing: [dice]0[/dice]
Arcane Machinist, Edges: +4

Even if the guy is at 3 Wounds, (which would give a -3 penalty), that's still two Raises, so he'll be back up to full.
If the young man confirms that the wound is sufficiently recent, he'll pass the amber-tipped wand over the gash, causing coiled energies to arc between the amber and the cut; black pours out of the cut, while yellow electricity arcs in a spiral into it, giving the ex-juicer a mild shock.
OOC Comments
Use the next bit if he says it's been longer than that.
Libertas looks a bit rueful at that. "Sorry we didn't get here sooner; once the wound sets, it's a bit beyond my ability to fix."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
D'oh! My apologies. Obviously, all of that was Libertas, not some random Crazy Altaran who wandered into the bar, amusing as that might've been.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Kesslan winds up bringing up the rear a little, though he can't help but catch that rather predatory look from the Psi-Stalker towards the mages in the team. While he barely knew anyone on the team so far, he had to admit that all of them (Yes even Markus) were ultimately good people. This instantly put him on the defensive as a result and he can't help but try to stare the Psi-Stalker down with a warning growl of the 'Don't even think about it' variety.
OOC Comments
Intimidation: [dice]0[/dice]
Strong Willed: +2
Total: 6
I bring the fire
Bennies: 6
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
ISP: 20/20
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus tries to observe and grab as much information about the place as he is able.
Notice Roll: [dice]0[/dice] plus an extra +2 if Sight and Hearing based (Cybernetics)
After a while, he tries to make some small talk with the reach team wilderness scout, to see if she is "interested" in improving the Tomorrow Legion - NGR relationships.
Persuasion Roll: [dice]1[/dice]
[OOC: I get she isn't :P]
Finally he tries to get some information from the reach team about the town, and what can be found here.
Streetwise Roll: [dice]2[/dice]
[OOC: forgot the Wild die!]
Wild Die Notice:[dice]3[/dice]
Wild Die Persuasion:[dice]4[/dice]
[OOC: Nice, double 1... she is insulted!]
Wild Die Streetwise:[dice]5[/dice]

Markus "Mark" Berger
Veteran M.A.R.S. Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+2 w/Armor), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+2 w/Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7); Strain 12/12
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Bennies: 2
Wounds: 0
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max saunters through the doors of the inn, having just parked and locked Nadine down for the night. He goes to investigate a cup of tea, and takes note of the outreach team. Filling a cup, he heads to the table where most of the crew has gathered. "So...friends, what's the good word? Did I miss anything?" He gives another look around the room, with a sniff just for good measure.
OOC Comments
Notice with detect arcana
[dice]0[/dice]

Wild die
[dice]1[/dice]
"We have a plan brewing about what to do with the vampires, and what the story is with these magic babies?"
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

[Max you can smell something tastey in the back kitchen, and you also detect a magical aura surroundng Bell]
A few moments later a women named Ginger came out of the kitchen holding platter piled high of rhino burgers. She nods to the folks in the bar and sets them down at the community outreaches table. Mr. Marvin slaps his hands together excitedly, and winks at Jude, Kesslan, and Libertas, " Ahh the main course." Mr. Marvin pulls out some chairs making sure all the members of the 13th are invited to sit. He puts a burger on a plate and hands his pot of tea to Ginger. In an appologetic tone he tells her,"It would seem that I may offended the red haired young man with the specktackles working with the D'norr to stich your husband " After she takes the items from him he continues, "Perhaps if you could bring these up to his room, a fence it may mend."
Jude, Kesslan, you both are +2 on your next action vs Mr. Marvin]
Lucretia wrote: "You must be the one they call Mr. Marvin. I hear that you if you hadn't alerted the town the attack would have been much worse. They are lucky you were here."
To the 13th Mr Marvin says " Ahh yes, that would be me. Every once an now I stop to smell the air, vampires give off a palpable stench. But even then by the time I could smell them we were invariably surrounded. Mr. Marvin at your service. This is Bell, and Dr. Danlack." He quickly goes to Lucretia and shakes her hand. The holds them wide making sure to catch the attention of all the 13th. "Friends, friends Bell here sometimes can gatch glimpses into what has not yet happened. Usually not very helpful, but in this case as you can see we have more than enough food for all."

Durbin pours a few rounds of prerift wiskey in thanks for mending his back. "Normally old doc would have fixed me up properly...Oh, they got him and a few others... The twins, they were just teens...". His voice fades off as if the events of the night just sunk in. He looks up at the vibrosword and mutters, "I thought I could make a difference." He nods a silient thanks to Bane and Libertas. He slides a shot to Cantrell noticing her admire the decor.
In a low voice he tells her, " Weird right? All this oriental arcitecture. We thought it was weird too when we found this town abandoned over 25 years ago.". Durbin gets in real close to Cantrell his eyes are wide as if remembering a time long ago. "Bronze, myself, well juicer me, and Doc were leading a group of folks through these woods. I thought maybe we had a magic user with us, but my memory is not what it once was. By the time we found this place it was empty. A few of the buildings were standing, some had been torn apart. No people, no affects, no food except for piles of rice.". When you thought Durbin could not lean in anymore he manages to find a way, "Gone!". He leans back proudly, " I was so antsy the first night we stayed that I spent the evening searching this building top to bottom. I found something, a small book. These guys were monks, the order of the white petal. They beleived in something called zen.". With his story finished he chuckles shaking his headVanished

Belle is sitting quietly sipping a cup of tea, looking out the window. She suddenly pipes up answering a questioned asked but not looking at anyone directly, "We reach out to nearby communities, lending aid and support. Our primary mission is to let folks out in the wild know that they are not alone, and that a group of nearby people are building a better tomorrow for all. We then gage community intrest and report back.". She pauses sipping some tea, and starts up again in a creepy monotone voice devoid of inflection, "They were not interested in killing or destroying the town, more like making sure we did not leave."
The grackletooth pets Bell on the head in a paternal sort of way.
In a deep baratone voice the grackletooth chimes in, "Well put Bell.". It seemed as if he was going to add a bit more but the ring and purple stone Bane was looking at stole his attention. Swiftly the grackletooth moved over to Bane.
"Ahh yes, magical and yet not. Something is curious about this artifact.". He says rather vaguely.
OOC Comments
Kn Arcana[dice]0[/dice]
No Help

While Markus talks of NGR-tomorrow legion relations to Bell she focuses intently on him. In an uncharacteristic seething voice she snaps, "Relations? What kind of relations could happen with a group of thugs and murderers. I see the horrors of expulsion, entire families exiled from saftey. Villiages wipped out, and you charatably call these doomed souls the boarder people, destined to die against the hordes of gargoyles.". She slaps Markus hard in the face, tears are coming down her face. " You bastard I see their faces and deaths over and over in my nightmares!". Ironically she grabs Markus sobbing into his chest. [kn:history would reveal that She is describing some of the events that happened in the NGR 60-70 years ago]. The big grackletooth comes over growling slightly at Markus.

What next? Feel free to roleplay some more, essentially the NPCs will stay for another post or two, but even they will go to bed. Once all players go to sleep we will move on to the next scene. Also let me know if you guys set a watch or not during the night. Any questions feel free to pm me.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas is still giving the Psi-Stalker a look of distaste, but he manages to get his reactions under control, otherwise, and nods at the bartender. "Glad to help, sir." He listens with sympathy to the story of the fight, but doesn't really have anything useful to say in response. "I'm sorry for your losses. I hope we can bring an end to the threat here."

He looks a bit flummoxed at the food being offered by the Stalker, but, well, he is hungry. He accepts the tray, and takes it up to his room, smiling at Ginger. "I'll probably pass out right after I eat, so no need to come and get it--I'll just bring it down in the morning. Thank you." He looks to Lucretia. "Any specific orders before I bunk down, Sergeant?"
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell takes the shot Durbin offers with a smile and a nod, then tips it back in one swallow. The whiskey burns, and she lets the pre-Rifts vintage settle over her tongue slowly, savoring the sensation as it soaks into each tastebud.

"Zen, huh? I haven't heard of that god before," she says after listening with interest to the barkeep's story about the town's origins. "Out west they worship all sorts of things: animals, like Eagle and Coyote -- with a capital C -- and extradimensional monsters like thunderbirds. There's a whole town out there named after the Phoenix. Then of course there's the d-bees that show up and worship any old thing. We found a village of cactus-people once worshipping an old refrigerated trailer. When we asked what they did with the hover-truck that was hauling it, they looked at us like we were stupid. Recycled it, of course, they said."

Cantrell shakes her head when she hears Markus's clumsy attempt at seduction, but gets up quickly when she hears Bell's angry retort.

"Thank you for the whiskey," she says hurriedly, hoping Durbin didn't hear the comment that got his wife so riled.

She moves to Markus, interjecting herself between the German and the irate wilderness scout.

"Markus, what say you and me take the first watch and let the rest of these folks catch some shuteye?" she says, taking his arm and steering him toward the door. "I think you've expressed enough ... maybe it's time for some quiet reflection."

After first making sure Markus is headed toward the door, she turns to Bell apologetically:

"Don't mind him. Some of us have been away from home too long, forgot how polite society works. He's a good one to have on the battlefield though."

Persuasion:[dice]0[/dice]+2=5
Wild Die:[dice]1[/dice]+2

[OOC: Assuming that smooths things over, Cantrell will keep an eye on Markus and take a shift keeping watch outside the inn. She'll try to arrange things with Lucretia by radio so someone comes to take over after 3-4 hours, then head upstairs to sleep -- after carefully checking to make sure her room is free and clear of Maverick-shaped pests.]
Last edited by Cantrell on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

• Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max gives a puzzled look. "Trying to keep you from leaving? Strange. Oooh, RB burgers! They smell great!" Max's attention turns to the food, as he loads maybe more on his plate than you might expect for a dog boy his size.
Finished piling onto his plate, he resumes. "Sounds like a restful night's sleep might not be a good idea. Commander, with your permission, I'll fire Nadine back up and bunk down there for the night. I can set the sensors on a continual scan, and Nadine can alert me if new targets arrive within range. If you want us on rotating watch, maybe someone else can hop in as well and keep an eye on the readout? Maverick's probably...eh, busy, but Cantrell or Bane could ride. Looks like Libertas is crashing here. You're obviously welcome too, Commander."
Maximilian
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Bane

Post by Bane »

Bane accepts the shot of alcohol and tries to down it without coughing or spitting too much.
OOC Comments
Vitality [dice]0[/dice]

Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
"Thank you for that. I'll check your wound tomorrow to make sure that it doesn't get infected, if you'd like," Bane tells the ex-Juicer.

While looking over the ring, Bane absentmindedly eats the food there then washing it down with either water or soda. "Take a look at this, Dr. Danlack. You can see here and here markings that are distinctly Elvish, while these markings here are markings of bindings. By looking at this here, I would have to say that the user of the ring would have to constantly stay within two hundred feet of their victim. Tell me doctor, what do you know about Shadow Dragons? My old mentor had overheard something concerning them, then disappeared the next day" Bane reminisces.
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)

Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Night
OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Total=6

Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Total=5

When the psi-stalker made no more moves than innuendo against his team, Jude relaxed slightly. He flashed Ginger a smile when she brought out the burgers, his stomach rumbling and reminding him he’d had little real food to eat since leaving the Castle. He winced as he watched Markus try and charm the lovely Bell, wincing as she slapped him and broke down.

“She’s got a good arm,” Jude commented. He pulled out a scented handkerchief and handed it to the woman as Cantrell came over to take care of her.

Jude tossed back a glass of the whiskey. Oh, that was good stuff! He got some food and settled in to eat. “You going to be okay alone tonight, Cantrell?” he asked Nadya, teasing. “If you get a bit cold, I’ll be down the hall.”

Jude settled back to people watch. Several townsfolk came through to see the “heroes”, and he talked with a few pretty village girls before stretching.

“Sorry, Max, but if there’s a real bed involved, there is no way I’m spending the night with Nadine,” he told the dog boy.
Last edited by Jude Maverick on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Character Tracker
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus, unsure what the woman is talking about, tries to get away.
"I don't know what you are talking about!"
He follows Cantrell, thanking her with his eyes from saving him from the awkwardness of the situation, while muttering.
"Verrückte Frau!"

Markus "Mark" Berger
Veteran M.A.R.S. Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+2 w/Armor), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+2 w/Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7); Strain 12/12
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Bennies: 2
Wounds: 0
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

"No, Libertas. No special orders tonight. Rest well, it sounds like you've got a full day tomorrow. Uh, check in with Banethro as soon as you've got a time estimate on repairing the mountaineer and Mr. Bronze's Glitterboy. We might have another task for you to do first."

She nods to Cantrell regarding watch.

"You two on first watch, thanks for volunteering. Uh, Maximillian and Jude on second watch. Three hour shifts. Thank you for the offer Maximillian, but after my little swim the thought of a real bed is irresistible. Just make sure to wake me before you hit the rack after your shift. I'd like a full team briefing before we meet the CS tomorrow to get our ducks in a row."

She turns to the outreach team.

"Our team will be joining forces with the CS to track down and defeat the master vampire that attacked tonight. You are welcome to join us, but staying here to help the town get back on it's feet might be better. We have a strategy meeting planned, you are welcome to join us if you wish, whether or not you will be coming on the hunt."

She grabs a burger.

"Alright, I'm turning in while I can. Sleep well everyone, we've got another long and busy day tomorrow."
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max nods to Lucretia. "Acknowledged, commander. I will still sleep in Nadine for the long range sensors. First watch, radio, and I'll get up for second shift. Sleep well, commander."
Max begins to tear into his plate full of RB burgers, pausing occasionally for a sip of tea. Upon completing his meal, he excuses himself, bids the outreach team goodnight, and heads out to fire Nadine back up.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas give Lucretia a nod. "I'll let you know as soon as I've got an estimate on the times." He nods to the various folks he knows have the ability to help out, including Grease--it takes a gearhead to know one, after all.

"Anyone who wants to pitch in is, of course, welcome in the shop." With that, he heads to bed. In the morning, he gets up and heads over to the Garage first thing, driving the abused Mountaineer into one of the workbays, and then getting out to look them both over.
OOC Comments
Moving to Garage.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Night
OOC Comments
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Total=5

Common Knowledge [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]
Total=4

Jude paused outside of his room, the key in the lock. “Shit,” he muttered, letting his head thump against the door. Withdrawing the key, he went down the hall to Lucretia’s door and knocked lightly.

“We cool on the vampire mind-whammy thing tonight?” Jude asked when the beautiful D-Bee opened the door. “Because I totally have some rope and am more than willing to tie you to a bed tonight.” The teasing tone and smile was there, but it overlay an intense seriousness. “I’ll watch you tonight, make sure nothing happens.”
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Lucretia answers the door wearing Jude's shades and apparently not much else, but with the door open only a sliver it's hard to tell.

"Go to bed, Jude."

She closes the door and the click of the lock can be heard, followed by the slight creak of mattress springs.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

[OOC: There really needs to be a "Like" button on these boards. :lol: ]
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell wakes early the next day. She'd checked her gear a couple of times during her shift on sentry duty last night, but does it one more time out of habit, then heads downstairs.

Once there, she heads straight to the bar, looking for Durbin.

"Don't suppose you've got coffee or something else with some caffeine in it?" she asks. "Also, I was wondering if you could point me toward the best place to pick up some vampire-hunting gear. My current loadout left something to be desired during our last encounter ... I was hoping to pick up a crossbow or squirt gun or something with a silver blade before we head out tonight. Would the general store carry that sort of thing or should I go have a talk with the Black Market rep?"
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Kesslan for his part doesn't press any further with Mr Marvin so long as the Psi-Stalker appears to 'behave' around his new friends. The dogboy was simply content to leave it as a warning of 'mess with my magic user friends and you mess with me' sort of thing. He was.. pretty simple that way. Beyond that he remains mostly quiet, though ears perked and listening as he eats, all too content to dig right on in to the burgers offered up. Other than that he seems entirely content to mostly hang off by himself or around others. Though notably when he gets bored he starts to idly 'play' or just watch a small fire he starts around his finger tips.
I bring the fire
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Evening Sets
Markus Berger wrote:Markus, unsure what the woman is talking about, tries to get away.
"I don't know what you are talking about!"
He follows Cantrell, thanking her with his eyes from saving him from the awkwardness of the situation, while muttering.
"Verrückte Frau!"
Dr. Danlack pauses scrunching his nose, looks at the troubled Bell who is back to looking out into empty space. Dr. Danlack bows slightly to Markus'. Apologetically he says, " As Mr. Marvin said. Bell can see things... Its never helpful or timely, but in this case the term "boarder people" was used for dimensional beings that were exiled from the NGR boarders 70 years ago was it not?"

As everyone has seemed to retire for the evening, Mr Marvin extends his appologies to Lucretia for being unable to attend the meeting, " Bell and I will be occupied trying to locate the town's missing mechanic, but Dr. Danlack will be on hand.". It would seem Kesslan is the last one to leave. Durbin and his wife Ginger as cleaning up. Durbin notices Kesslan's fondness for fire. He walks over very friendly, " Son I have a nice study off to the side here, it has a great fire place I can put together some pillows and a blanket. You might find it pleasant, I could even tell you the story of how we found this place, very weird... 25 years ago Bronze, myself, Doc and a magic user of some sort I think saw a bright beam in the sky. We were leading a group of travelers and folk-" His wife slaps him on the head cutting him off.
Playfully his wife scornfully jokes, " You change that story each time you tell it, never mentioned a beam of light till now! We've already heard it once tonight!" Durbin shrugs and continues cleaning up.

Morning Comes
Cantrell will find the quiet inn is anything but that in the morning. Durbin tries to get her some black sludge called Kifflee. If Cantrell asks whats in it, he shakes his head and motions for her to drink it. [You feel pretty energized!]
The sounds of a well attended breakfast can be heard coming from the main hall in the inn. Apparently folks are wanting to catch a glimpse of the night time heros, especially the "Lady of Justice". A faint tune is coming from the piano and a chorus of people singing. Mayor Donald Rucker is there describing in vivid detail of how his actions at the bridge helped the lady of justice!

The Hero of Silver Bluff
The Lady they call Justice
She fought off the vampires and helped us poor
Stood up to Soldad and gave him what for
Our love for her maes us all the better
The Hero of Silver, the woman called Lucretia

Now our Lady saw the vampire's taken
She heard our lament
She saw that no good vamp stealin
Every baby and leavin its stench
So she said " You can't so that to my people."
" You can't crush them under your heel."

Lucretia's blade struck like a bat
And in five seconds flat
Took back, everything the vamps tried to steal.

She fought off the vampires and helped us poor
Stood up to Soldad and gave him what for
Our love for her makes us all the better
The Hero of Silver, the woman called Lucretia
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max wakes for his watch as ordered. He sits comfortably in Nadine's pilot's chair, watching the sensor readouts and making active scans of the surrounding region. He also takes the opportunity to scan various radio frequencies for any pertinent chatter. In between scans, and when he's sure no one is watching outside...Max pulls an old tennis ball out of a compartment on the pilot's chair, and idly throws it against the wall of the cockpit, catching it most often with his hands. He occasionally tests his reflexes, however, and catches the ball in his mouth a few times, just to be sure. Heh. I've still got it. Kesslan might be able to rain down fire and brimstone out of nowhere...but nobody fetches like I do.
OOC Comments
Notice roll for area scans - bonus for robot armor sensor suite
[dice]0[/dice]

Wild die
[dice]1[/dice]

Agility roll for solo fetch
[dice]2[/dice]

Wild die
[dice]3[/dice]
Once his watch ends, he stows the tennis ball, closes Nadine down, locks her up, and heads into the Lady of Justice for anything that might resemble breakfast. He makes his friendly morning greetings at anyone who might be awake, and then heads to find if there's a Black Market connection in town.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Lucretia

Re: Silver Bluff- The Inn- Free Action

Post by Lucretia »

Lucretia sit sup in bed, hearing the singing.

"This must be what going mad feels like..." she says quietly to herself.

Maybe Maximilian can Bring Nadine around back... no, that would attract too much attention. I can probably drop out the window well enough, it's only a second story.

The music distracts her briefly from her escape plan.

I know that tune from somewhere.

Shaking her head, she rises, dresses and dons her armor - just in case - and drops out the open window.
OOC Comments
General Notice, +2 (Alertness), blind/radar
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
8+4+2 = 14; if there's something to notice, she probably notices it.

Dropping out the window, +2 (Acrobat)
Agility [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
3+2 = 5, Success

Stealth to maybe not be seen running away
Notice [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
5 = basic success (or opposed)
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Bane

Post by Bane »

After conferring a little more with the good doctor, Bane gets some shut eye and wakes up four hours later for the morning watch rotation. He climbs on into Nadine's cockpit and watches the readouts of the sensors, chatting with Max if he's awake.
OOC Comments

Electronics: [dice]2[/dice]
Once it's daylight, Bane will cast Alter Self (-3 PPE) to physically changed his appearance into that of a non-discript human male in his early 40's with brown hair and eyes to go get some breakfast without being noticed.
OOC Comments
Spellcasting: [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]5[/dice]
While waiting to get served, he'll ask Durbin if the town has anyone from the Black Market, and if Durbin wants to know who this stranger is, Bane will quietly whisper into Durbin's ear how he stitched and tended to his wounds the previous night/earlier that morning and was re-payed with a free shot of liquor. He'll ask Durbin to keep it on the down low so that he can enjoy his breakfast in peace without getting hassled, and if he asks Bane about why he needs to talk with the Black Market, he'll let tell Durbin that he's trying to find some specialty vampire hunting gear. If Bane notices a local boy looking for him with a message from Libertas, he promises to deliver the message when he gets up, and if he notices Lucretia trying to slip away unseen, he'll non-chalantly walk past her and quietly tell her "You know, if you wanted to eat breakfast in peace, all you had to do was ask me to disguise you.
OOC Comments
Bane

Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Morning
OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Total=7

Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Total=7

It almost seemed to Jude he’d forgotten what a good bed felt like. After Lucretia’s curt dismissal, he had gone to his room and undressed, collapsing on the mattress. He was less than pleased to be roused for middle watch and dragged himself out of bed, pulling on his armor and gear and heading outside. He paced back and forth to keep awake, circling the inn and wandering through the small town. He was grateful to be able to hit his bed again.

Jude took the opportunity to sleep in, shoving a pillow over his head to block out the sunlight and the singing townsfolk below. Finally someone must have been concerned because they came knocking on his door.

Jude dragged himself out of bed to find an attractive brunette outside. She flushed prettily at his less than clothed appearance, her blue eyes running over his lean, muscled body before meeting his eyes again.

“We were concerned when you didn’t come down,” the girl said. “Are you hungry? I can make you a plate.”

Jude flashed her a melting smile. “Very hungry,” he said, returning her appraising gaze. “Be out in a bit,” he said, closing the door, telling himself to be a good boy. He didn’t need some farmer after him with a pitchfork. Ah, but the temptation!

Jude quickly pulled on his clothes, armor, and gear and opened the door again. “So what’s your name?” he asked. “I’m Jude Maverick.”

“Jessica,” she said. “Jessica Lindsey.”

“Nice to meet you, Jessica,” Jude said, resting his hand on the small of her back as they descended the stairs. Most folks were done eating as Jude settled at a table. Jessica brought him a plate piled with breakfast and took a seat next to him, attentively getting anything he might need as Jude considered just what he wished to accomplish for the day while the rest of the team ran their errands.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Bane

Post by Bane »

After eating breakfast, but before going on the scouting mission, if there is time, Bane walks around town trying to find out if there is a Black Market dealer in town, trying to get a hold of some silver rail gun ammo for Max to load into Nadine.
OOC Comments
Persuasion: [dice]0[/dice]

Streetwise: [dice]2[/dice]
There is going to be an extra die roll that appears because I had initially used it for my Scrounger edge, but since I had seen the proper thread for the Black Market, I am going to post there and use this check just to find the Black Market.
Going to the Black Market.
OOC Comments
That extra die roll that I deleted.
[dice]4[/dice]
OOC Comments
Bane

Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Kesslan for his part sleeps great! But.. well he gets to sleep easily enough just about anywhere and is pretty content about it most of the time too. That was the one upside to being somewhat simple minded. Morning of course also brings hunger and a desire for breakfast, which in his case seems fit to give a juicer competition. But he always believed in breakfast, not dinner being the big meal of the day. As one might expect he loads up on what mostly meat related things he can get at this hour though he doesn't seem particularly picky. There was also something to be said about being able to cook your own meat at will too if he cared for such things.

With others having pulled night watch however he decides the least he can do is cover for them for a while if any want a nap. As a 'man' of few needs he shows little interest in going shopping like some of the others, though he'll readily tag along otherwise. Mostly though he'll settle for cautiously sniffing at the air here and there and keeping an 'eye' out for anything supernatural that didn't appear to belong. Especially so in light of the vampires they had encountered the day before.
OOC Comments
Psychic Sense: +2
Total: 5
I bring the fire
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Durbin and his wife Ginger serve lunch to a moderately sized crowd. A tastey soup, and dry bread is what most people are eating. Ginger cooks a few rhino steaks for the dog boys. The piano man is still playing the Hero of Silver Bluff, but now he is joined by a banjo player as well. Frequenty the town's folk chime in during the rousing chorus.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max makes a short pit stop between the Black Market and the garage, stopping to sample whatever lunch may be. Delighted with the smell of the RB steaks, Max indulges himself, drinking only water with his steak. His appetite sated, for now, he thanks the inn staff for their hospitality and resumes his jaunt to the garage.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell stops briefly at the inn to fill a basket with a few loaves of bread and several thermoses of soup. After thanking Durbin and his wife, she heads to the garage for a more private discussion with the rest of the group.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:

Return to “Silver Bluff”