Silver Bluff- The Garage

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Silver Bluff- The Garage

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Indeed there is a functioning Garage big enough to get the Glitter Boy and Mountaineer in to do some proper work on either.
A 12 year old boy, named Alex is working alone in the garage in the back on an old radar system. He seems pretty sad and intensely focused on putting pieces of the sensor system together. Once in the shop it should be pretty easy to fix the mountaineer, but the Boom gun and the system that loads the shells is in shambles. The good thing is indeed the parts for the GB are in the workshop. While at the work shop, Grease comes by to lend his assistance ( or checks in if so asked). He pauses when he sees the mountaineer. Smiling he reminisces, "Its been some time since I have been in one of these." He fondly raps the hatch to the large cargo hold with his knuckles. " Me and a crew were patrolling near the Missip' got too close and a few water giants or something threw us in to the river. Next thing I knew I woke up in the cargo hatch with three others drawing shallow breathes. First time I really saw Major Fitzbad for the hero he is." He gives the latch a pat, and then breaks out his tools ready to assist. " Bronze wouldn't let me touch his suit, but I can learn and help if you like."

GM Clarification

-Grease Repair d8, give a +1 to any repair rolls
-Repair or Kn:Electronics the boy Alex is pretty darn close to finishing his work on the old radar system, just a few more hours and it should be operational.
-two repair rolls are needed Severe Failure -4 on the repair roll for the gun itself, Glitch repair -1 for the ammo feed.
-Really the only thing that takes enough time to worry about is the GB, which takes a day. ( This does not mean any who work on it are tied to the garage for all scenes, just the first scene they work on it.)
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Silver Bluff- The Garage

Post by Libertas Magicum »

Libertas gets out of the Mountaineer, after pulling into the garage bay, and walks over to the Glitterboy first. The gun will be the most complicated work, he's pretty sure, so better to get Lucretia the estimates right away.
OOC Comments
Okay, I'm just posting the time-estimates now, since we may not have time for all of it. Once we've got established what's being worked on, I'll let other folks make the co-operative rolls to give bonuses to Libertas' final Repair checks, before I post his rolls. I'm assuming that folks who are helping here will be occupied for that time, so if people have other things they want to do, they won't be able to work on the mechanical stuff.

Mountaineer Time (Mins): 0
Glitterboy Body Time (Mins): 1
Boom Gun Time (Days): 2

NEVER been so happy to see a "1"! :D

By the way, in determining how much help Libertas needs, here's the base info, assuming Grease's assistance on all of them:

Mountaineer: d6+2 (-1 for a Glitch, +2 for Machine Maestro, +1 for Grease)
Glitterboy: d6+2 (-1 for a Glitch, +2 for Machine Maestro, +1 for Grease)
Boom Gun: d6-1 (-4 for a Severe Problem, +2 for Machine Maestro, +1 for Grease)

(I had to edit that bit--I'd misread the MM ability, and actually undercut the rolls. The above should now be correct.)

Given that there's no benefit from a Raise (unless Pender's feeling generous ;) ) , Libertas can easily handle the two Glitches with Grease's help, though he'd never actually chase off a fellow gearhead. With the Boom Gun, assuming we decide we can wait a full day (either before or after dealing with the Vampires), he could definitely use some help.
After a few minutes of looking things over, he's got the estimates, and sends a local kid to find Banethro and give him the run-down. "I can get the Mountaineer and the Suit fully mobile in a bit over half an hour--that's total, for both. The Boom Gun is going to take about a day to get fully functional again."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
If anyone is pitching in on the Mountaineer and the Glitterboy besides Grease, now's the time to make the roll: It's Repair -1. I'll be making Lib's rolls for them in about 6 hours.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
Repair Mountaineer [dice]0[/dice]
Mountaineer Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Repair Glitterboy Suit [dice]2[/dice]
Glitterboy Suit Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
While waiting for anyone who wants to come by to help with the Boom Gun, Libertas and Grease get to work on the Glitterboy Suit and the Mountaineer. A bit over half an hour later, Lib gets on the radio: "Sergeant, Banethro, we've just finished up the fast jobs. The Mountaineer's road-ready again, and we got the kinks worked out of the joints in the Glitterboy. I'm gonna start focusing on the Boom Gun now; Markus, if you want a piece of this, this is the time to come by and give a hand."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Laying out the gear for fixing the Boom Gun, Libertas takes a moment to admire the sheer beauty of the machine. Such a pity that you can't use enhanced gear in a suit of power armor. Such a wonder I could forge! And he's about to get to work when... the radio goes off. He listens, and manages to not make an insubordinate reply. "Of course, Sergeant. I'll bring some work masks from the garage." Grabbing the masks, he heads out into the streets, down to the ruins of the library, curiosity finally winning out over annoyance.
OOC Comments
Moving to the Library.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Almost at the end of the morning Markus arrives, smiling.
"Hello Libertas, I hope you haven't finish to fix the Boom Gun, I would love to help you with it, and see one for myself."
He works under Libertas supervision to repair the Boom Gun.
Repair Roll: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
[OOC: I am afraid he is no much use. I don't think a Bennie is needed here, right?]

Markus "Mark" Berger
Veteran M.A.R.S. Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+2 w/Armor), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+2 w/Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7); Strain 12/12
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Bennies: 2
Wounds: 0
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Markus Berger wrote:Almost at the end of the morning Markus arrives, smiling.
"Hello Libertas, I hope you haven't finish to fix the Boom Gun, I would love to help you with it, and see one for myself."
He works under Libertas supervision to repair the Boom Gun.
Repair Roll: [dice]7774:0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]7774:1[/dice]
[OOC: I am afraid he is no much use. I don't think a Bennie is needed here, right?]
OOC Comments
Yeah, if you want to provide any bonus, you'd need to drop a Bennie on it. I leave that decision up to you.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

OOC Comments
Can we do that later? Or it is now or never?

Markus "Mark" Berger
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
I believe you'd need to do it now, when the roll was made.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

OOC Comments
I mean, we can fix the Boom gun in the noon, or tomorrow?

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus, seeing that Libertas left, tries to fix the Boom Gun by himself, while trying to learn as much as able from it.
Repair: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
Knowledge (Electronics): [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]2[/dice]
Knowledge (Engineering): [dice]5[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]
---
Knowledge (Electronics) Ace: [dice]6[/dice]
Knowledge (Engineering) Wild Die Ace: [dice]7[/dice]
Knowledge (Engineering) Wild Die Ace: [dice]8[/dice]
---
Totals:
Repair: 5
Knowledge (Electronics): 11
Knowledge (Engineering): 17
---
[OOC: Will wait for the result before moving somewhere.]

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus decides that there is no better time than now, and with Grease help, and a power song in the radio, decides to fix the Boom Gun once and for all.
[OOC: Using Benny, with Elan, for Extra Effort]
Benny Roll (+2 Elan): [dice]0[/dice]
Total Repair: 5 (Barely makes it!)
He wipes the sweat from his forehead and smiles.
"What a wonderful piece of technology. Almost as good as the things we have in the NGR!"

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

-- Noon --

Max, fresh from having loaded the silver railgun rounds into Nadine's feed system, sets out to search the area for materials that might work for an armor-portable water supply system.
OOC Comments
Streetwise roll for material discovery/acquisition
[dice]0[/dice]

Wild die
[dice]1[/dice]

Wild die ace
[dice]2[/dice]

Benny for extra effort with elan
[dice]3[/dice]
Total result = 15 - success with 2 raises
He sets out to find Bronze, the GB pilot, figuring that he might have the best idea of the surrounding area and where to find some raw materials. Tracking him down, he begins with some small talk, and then launches into his idea. "I'm figuring on rigging up a handheld (for Nadine's hands) system to pump water through a hose and at whatever might need soaked. Either a big metal tank we can scoop into the river along with a pump, or a big leather or skin bladder she can squeeze. What do you think might be around here that I can scrounge up?"
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Bronze claps Maximilian on the back, and laughs. "You know what I think I have just the thing for you.". He takes you over to his home where he has a large metal shed. Inside the shed is possibilty the biggest bladder you have ever seen. " I got this off a feller over near the dino swamp a few years back. Its treated to retain water.". He smiles sheepishly " I was going to turn it into a water bed, I read a book about them once, and always thought they would be great to sleep on... Tell ya what you can take it, you just got give it back in one peice. I think there should be some nozzles back in the garage that you could figure out. Should be good for a few squirts."
OOC Comments
you mentioned dino bladder, had me laughing.
- so I beleive you rolled high enough on your streetwise that this would be considered a glitch repair. Repair at -1.
- i was thinking about the mechanics, and we will do 3d10 cone template. It has 3 uses before you need to refill it.
-Each success and raise on the repair roll to finish building it will give you +1 uses.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max shows off a toothy grin. "Bronze, my friend, I think this will be absolutely perfect! I'll take good care of it, I promise. Those bloodsuckers aren't going to know what hit them!" Max picks out an appropriate nozzle for the assembly and heads off to the garage. "Bronze, you're the best! Thank you!" Max shouts as he hustles back to the garage. Max heads towards an appropriate workbench and begins working on adapting the contraption to combat use.
OOC Comments
repair roll
[dice]0[/dice]

Ace repair roll
[dice]2[/dice]

Total result = 9
Success with 1 raise

Wild die
[dice]1[/dice]
Max beams with pride. Yeah. Nobody fetches like I do. This will give those bloodsucking beasts a bad day.
Maximilian
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas returns to the Garage a short time later. "Oh, yes, I think we can work with this. Let's get to work, shall we?"
OOC Comments
Okay, going to have Libertas take lead, but this roll can be modified further by Max; remember to apply the -1 to your rolls too, Max.

Lib is at -1 for the Glitch, +2 for Machine Maestro.

Repair: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Repair: [dice]1[/dice]

So Libertas got a simple success on this one. Anything Max gets will add to the 5, so he'd need to get two Raises to get us an additional use, I'm afraid. Good luck, Max!

Also, I'm an idiot who forgot to change out of my alt before posting; I would've just deleted the post, but once dice are rolled, that's bad form.

Guh. I'm sorry, I've not been sleeping well, today's posts have been a mess. Since Max posted first, he took lead, and my success becomes just a +1 for him, which sadly isn't enough for a second raise. I'm gonna go take a nap.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

After they (okay, Max) finish up the modification of Nadine, Libertas clears a workbench and does some quick tinkering.

His first gizmo is the arcane disruptor he'd described to Bane.
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist: Dispel: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Machinist: [dice]1[/dice]
Included Modifiers: Machine Maestro +2; Edges +2; Seasoned Power -2

Success with a Raise. The Dispel Gizmo has 15 PPE.
The Arcane Disruptor is a small device much like a Golden Age remote control, with a metal radar dish at one end, and a couple of dials. Bane should be able to use this to get rid of any nasty effects we need to shut down.

Smiling with satisfaction, he then gets to work on a solar amulet.
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist: Light (Sunlight Trapping): [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Machinist: [dice]3[/dice]
Included Modifiers: Machine Maestro +2; Edges +2; Seasoned Power -2

Success, no Raise. The Light Gizmo has 10 PPE. It's specifically designed to cast the Light Power with a Sunlight Trapping, centered on itself. (So, an LBT with the wearer at the center.) Per the standard Sunlight Trapping, any Vampires or similar creatures in the AoE are treated as being in full sunlight.
He holds up the sun-shaped amulet, made of brass, and nods, content. In the center is a small rhinestone button. I think this should go to the Sergeant. She's the most likely to get up close and personal with the bloodsuckers.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Having finished his work, he heads over to the old Library again.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

A 12 year old boy comes into the garage. His name is Alex and folks who have been in the garage have seen him putting together a pre-rift radar system. He sees Max over there finishing up on the dino bladder irrigator.
In an awkward kind of way he just says mater of factly, "Hi, I am Alex. My Dad went missing." He wanders arround the boom gun Grease is tinkering with and even inspects the dino bladder. He notices the nozzle on it. The kid sighs.
"Dad was going to use that for a fire supression system.". The boy points to some hoses, a pump, and few other parts.
"I wonder if he will ever come back... Last week he was heading out to the Northern Mid flats... He was so excited, found some rocket launchers.". The kid seems pretty detached, and is just sort of rambling to Max. Grease looks up and gives Maximilian a look like Man I don't think dad is coming back..
" Dad said those rockets were special, before the Rifts came, Faust rockets maybe. It was a strange language.". The kid just sort of putters arround gathering an odd part here and a part here.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max's ears perk up as the boy rambles. "Say, kid, what's your dad's name? He headed to the mud flats last week? How far is that from here? We might be heading that way. I think we could keep an eye out for him. I'm sure he misses you."
Max wipes some of the dirt from his hands with a nearby rag and walks over to Alex, extending a hand. "My name's Max, Alex. It's great to meet you. I've seen you picking around here and working on some stuff. Looks like pretty slick work. Maybe if you keep sharpening your skills, I'll hire you to help me keep up Nadine over there." He gestures to the massive robot.
"Did your dad head out alone when he left? Maybe give you any idea how long he thought he'd be gone? If he found a lot of those rockets, he might need help bringing them back. Me and my friends are good at fetch."
Max shoots a glance at Grease, and mouths faust rockets?
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The Boy seems fairly meloncoly at the offer of helping to find his dad. " His name was Avery... Um yeah Mr. Marvin said the same thing last week when he disapeared.". The boy shakes his head sadly, and in a uncharacteristic display of emotion he whispers his voice cracking, " I... He is not coming back.". The boy gathers some more parts...

His eyes light up at the mention of Nadine. He takes a long seemingly loving look at the robot.
" Wow..." He breathes. " A honest to goodness Titan TR-001! Extremely durable, although the sensor unit can be problematic.". He looks at Max as if hope and life may have returned to his life. " Could I max? Really to work on and maintain such a beauty... I would do it for free."
OOC Comments
-Alex does have the possibility of becoming an allied extra if you choose. He has a d6 is repair, and d6 kn electronics as skills. Keep in mind he is also 12, and suffered a horrible event in his life.
-The boy's father is dead, Markus found him, or rather parts of him being eaten by Brodkill
- The faust rockets are the panzerfust rockets Markus found at the brodkill encampment
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max's ears droop a bit as the boy utters the bitter truth. "You...you're a brave kid. It's a dangerous world, and I suppose you're right. A week is a long time to be wandering around these parts without any sign."
This kid is taking the truth like a champ. If he doesn't have any family left here, he's probably better off at Castle Refuge.
Max forces a smile, and accepts the turn of topic to Nadine. "Yeah, the sensor turrets are a vulnerability. But if you're going to have a monster like this running around that only needs one pilot, I guess you have to have a tradeoff. Maybe some day, I could redesign and relocate the turret, or at least reinforce it, maybe even with a little help. But don't you ever work for free. If you've got a gift, work on it, develop it, but don't do it for free. Do it for pay, or do it for something even better."
Max ends his economics lesson, and turns the topic to other connections to the town. "So, kid, who are you staying with since your dad hasn't come back? Got any other family in town?"
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Alex looks wide eyed at Max while he talks about Nadine, the kid grabs some paper and sketches in a few minutes a rather exact drawing of Nadine. Although to Max's experienced eye the kid clearly got some of the details wrong. But nevertheless, it would seem he is getting to work.
Rather off handedly while drawing up haphazard improvements for Nadine the kid answers the question about family, "It was just me and dad for a long time, He always said mom loved me... But something happened to her when I was born. Bronze lets me sleep in his extra room... But I also sleep here.". He looks up and gestures to a small cot in the back. He smiles at Max, " When I am workimg on stuff I feel like my dad is with me."
OOC Comments
kn Electronics [dice]0[/dice]
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max smiles as he looks over the schematic. "You've definitely got a gift, kid. Maybe if you angle the sensor turret casing this way, maybe shunt the fiber optics back through the body...yeah, you're definitely on to something there." He takes note of the comment about the loss of his mother and wonders to himself if that isn't similar to what happened to the mother at the bridge.
"Keep working, kid. I'm gonna track down Bronze for some tips on boom gun tactics. Stay put. I'll be back in a bit."
Max finds a corner and checks in. "13th, more confirmation on some funny business around here. This kid, Alex, looks like he lost his dad this week. He mentioned something happened to his mother after he was born. This is a long-running issue in this town. Also, I think we should take this kid with us. He's got a gift for tech, and there's a ton he could learn from Lib, Markus, and me."
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas blinks as Max gives his spiel; the Mountaineer was outside the Garage now that it was fixed, so he just tucks his new cargo into the hold, reseals it, and then replies on the radio. "Hey, Max, I'm right outside. I'm all for recruitment, and yeah, that kid's sharp as a tack. But are you talking about taking him from here along on the rest of the mission? Remember, once we're done with this little slice of weird Americana, we still have to get to the east and pick up our... package." Keep it vague, someone MIGHT be listening. "Of course, if we leave him here, we might be moving a bit fast on the return-trip for a pick-up. You think maybe Bronze could get him to Castle Refuge?"
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max shakes his head, despite no one being there to see. "No, we're heading into heavy danger. I don't think this kid is ready to rumble with vampires and a hangdog. Maybe the rest of the trip? I don't know if we want to send an unarmed kid out in the arms of a glitter boy. Sounds like a bit of a shiny target for the kid to be outside of protection."
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

"Oh, no way I was suggesting bringing him along tonight." He gives a laugh. "I was just talking about the rest of the trip, which still means a lot of potential danger. That's something we'll probably need to discuss further."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max chuckles. "What, you think it's gonna get more dangerous than vampires and witches? Come on! What could possibly go wrong?!"
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

There's a long, significant pause. "I can't believe you said that."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Bronze and his daughter Jess come into the garage arguing about something.
Bronze very adamantly says to her, " Look Jess nothing is happening at the Library, no trap doors, no stench of how did you put it, oh yes death."
Jess rolls her eyes and tugs on her dads arm, "'Common dad, you were right there that red head guy went down and up some kind of trap door. I know you saw it, I mean we were across the street, but still you were looking right at him.". Bronze shakes his head in refusal.
" Sure Libertas was poking arround the library, and why not lots of great books still need to be pulled out kf the rubble. But sweetie there is no trap door... Now aren't we here for Alex."

The two of them look arround only now realizing their argument was in front of Libertas, Maximillian, Grease, and Alex. Grease sort of chuckles and keeps tinkering with the boom gun. Alex shrugs and keeps doodling some possible improvments for Nadine.
OOC Comments
Kn electronics [dice]0[/dice]
Jess rushes Libertas and Max, urgently she says," You guys know what I am talking about right, something is going on at the Library."
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max glances sideways at Libertas. This is most definitely one for Lib. "Yeah, I heard discussions of the trap door at the library. I haven't been over there myself though. I've been working with Alex on some improvements to Nadine. He's a really bright kid! I think there might be a place for him at Castle Refuge, if you would allow us to take him along. He can develop his gifts in safety." He pauses, curious to see how that suggestion has gone over with Bronze and Jess.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas nods to Jess. "There is, but there's also some powerful magic going on there that keeps people in town from remembering it. It seems to be breaking up; I'm going back there to keep an eye on it, actually--I just came back to chat with Max about this apprenticeship idea--I agree, the kid's got major talent, and could get top-notch training in an apprenticeship at Castle Refuge." And assuming this town hasn't been consumed by weird necromancers and vampires and everything else in the meantime, he might even return to help the settlement out....

And then the sounds of screaming and shouting and the hissing of steam come over the radio. "Max! Things went south with the others; get Nadine fired up and let's get over there!"
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Bronze dropps to one knee momentarily. Max can smell some kind of dark energy seeping out of Bronze's head disapating into nothingness. Jess goes to her father comcerned. " Dad are you ok?"
Bronze shakes his head and with Jess's help rises. " I feel as if a great burden has been lifted from my mind. Were we talking about the library and its curator Dwalin Lighthelm... I remember him, just days before the well to do couple left, whom paid to have him build our magical well. Dwalin my dear friend disappeared...". His eyes squint as something is bothering him greatly. " Dwalin, I knew him for 20 years before that, why did I not search for him?"

Through the garage windows, you can see 1 or 2 other people from town( they have been living in town for about 20 years)have a similair moment where they drop to knee just like Bronze.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]
... And seeing Bronze drop to his knees stops Lib in his tracks. When hears what the old man says, he sighs. Of course, right now... "Max, change of plans--you take Nadine to help the others if they need it, I'll go and see if the amulet shutting down is having any other bad effects. Let's move!" And without waiting for confirmation, he dashes out the door, heading straight for the ruined library.

OOC Comments
Can you say, "Overconfident"? I knew you could.... :lol:
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Well, that's interesting.
Max hustles to fire up Nadine. On the run, he hits the radio. What's happening out there? I'm bringing heavy support to wherever it's needed. Call it in!
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus arrives in the Garage.
"The weirdest thing. Seems like everyone in this town was brainwashed by magic, and something we all did broke the effect. America! I miss the NGR!"

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Bane

Post by Bane »

Bane takes the Necromancer into custody and escorts him to the garage and radios Markus "Hey Markus, I have a suspect for you to interrogate. A necromacer. I would help you if I weren't strapped for time on the second scouting mission, but maybe you can get Jude to help you. Hey Max, Kesslan I need one of you two to stay behind to guard the prisoner."
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Toughness: 8 (3)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)
PPE: 12/20
Bennies: 1

Alts: Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus is there, in the Garage, when Bane arrives. He is smiling. A cruel smile.
"You shouldn't have! And I thought you didn't like me."
He turns to the necromancer.
"It has been some time since I spent some quality time with scum like you. Don't worry, I don't want to interrogate you. I just want to spend some quality time with you. Make you pay for your crimes. Even if you want to cooperate."
He looks around, in the garage.
"Good thing is we have all the tools we will need around."
He goes and grabs a laser blowtorch.
"Shall we begin? You will see how we do things in the New German Republic."

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Bane

Post by Bane »

Markus Berger wrote:Markus is there, in the Garage, when Bane arrives. He is smiling. A cruel smile.
"You shouldn't have! And I thought you didn't like me."
He turns to the necromancer.
"It has been some time since I spent some quality time with scum like you. Don't worry, I don't want to interrogate you. I just want to spend some quality time with you. Make you pay for your crimes. Even if you want to cooperate."
He looks around, in the garage.
"Good thing is we have all the tools we will need around."
He goes and grabs a laser blowtorch.
"Shall we begin? You will see how we do things in the New German Republic."
"While I won't ask how you are going to spend quality time with him, I would recommend any, extreme shall we say, quality time be conducted outside of town to preserve the Legion's reputation. Perhaps the major would like to join in." Bane tells him. I suddenly don't feel like this is such a good idea.
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The 12 year kid d Alex in a very innocent manner comes over to Markus holding a welding torch.
" If you have something that needs to be fixed, my dad said this can fix almost anything." Still rheeling from his memories returning Bronze is not quiet up to speed on what is happening.
He sort of looks at the legionairs, crispy necromancer who appears terrified, and Alex trying to assist Markus
" Ahh, What's being fixed, who is this crispy fella?"
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus smiles at the boy.
"Yes, it will fix this necromancer all right. Maybe you want to leave, because what is going to happen is not going to be pretty. And the smell! Sometimes takes days to wash away."
He turns to Bane, turning his back to the necromancer.
"Good idea! The Coalition Soldiers appreciate opportunities like this almost as much as I. Call the major!"
But at the same time he smiles mischievously, and winks at Bane.
He turns again, and approaches the necromancer.
"Where do you want us to begin with? Toes? Scalp?"
[OOC: Just to make it clear, he is trying to intimidate the guy, playing the nazi bad cop.]

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Finally seeing what Markus means to do (now so armed with a weilding torch) Bronze turns to his daughter Jess.
" Jess I need you to take Alex to our home, I'll be along shortly.". Jess quickly grabs Alex and drags the curious kid away from Markus and out the garage. Bronze wipes his forehead, beads of sweat are pouring forth as if he had just ran a marathon. He moves shakily to Bane, his wizened age seems to be taking a toll. His breathing is labored when he speaks to Bane quietly and away from the necromancer.
"Bane, My memories of my dear friend Dawlin Lighthelm have resurfaced. I... I cannot beleive I forgot him, I am having a hard time here reconciling the last 20 years...I... I can't beleive I did that. I am supposed to protect people and my friends, not forget they ever existed.". Bronze's eyes are wide, his internal struggle is evidant. " My point is, No charges have been brought forth against this man.". He points shakily to Mel the necromancer.
Bronze is visibly shaking as he struggles to find the words, it seems as if the old man's legs might give out at any moment, "If... If this man does not... does not leave here under his own power... Despite all you have done, you will no longer be welcomed here... I cannot... Condone Torture."
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Bane

Post by Bane »

"I understand, Bronze. Really, I do. But this man just raised the dead in the establishment known as Lucy's not fifteen minutes ago, helping a young Nueron Beast who was masquerading as Thistle's father. Also helping them were two gunslingers, who were killed during a fight that broke out. The Nueron Beast had just acquired a vampire hand. I destroyed the beast and the hand was also destroyed. Lucretia can confirm all of this as she entered the establishment before I did. So you say no charges have been brought against him? That is because I was just about to bring formal charges against him, for assault and attempted murder of innocent civilians and members of the Tomorrow Legion, disturbing the dead, unnatural acts, conspiracy to bring great harm to the citizens of Silver Bluff. There's more I'm sure, I just don't have evidence of it yet, but I don't need it as I feel that these charges are serious enough as it is." Bane reassures Bronze. He then leans in and whispers low enough so only Bronze can hear "Markus is only priming him for interrogation." After a few moments, Bane leans back in to add "I hope."
OOC Comments
Bane

Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max watches the goings on. He proffers a suggestion. "Markus, can you help me with something? I've been trying to learn how to stand Nadine on one foot. I wonder if maybe I can't use the death mage as a test dummy to pin under the lifted foot. I'm still pretty shaky. I usually end up crushing what I'm trying to balance above." Max's tail wags as he describes Nadine's new trick, and he smiles a toothy smile in the direction of the necromancer.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Mel, looks at Markus, Max, and Bane with wide eyes. His fingers are crispy burnt, one might wonder if they will ever be usable again. He is thoroughly terrified. He whimpers, " Just ask me what you want to know..."
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Bane

Post by Bane »

"Markus, I will leave to the questions as I have to get to the ley line to inspect its mystical qualities." Bane says to them, before leaning toward them to whisper "Don't forget that we have a reputation for the Legion to protect."

Bane goes to the Ley Line.
OOC Comments
Bane

Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max grins at the necromancer. "Markus, I'll be heading that way as well. I leave him to your tender ministrations. However, if you need me or Nadine..." Max walks by the necromancer on his way to Nadine. As he passes, he barks and growls into the necromancer's ear, and continues on his path.
Max fires up Nadine and heads to the ley line.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell follows Bane to the garage with the captured necromancer. She'd meant to steer clear of the magical orb the necromancer dropped, but goes back to grab it when the ley line walker fails to retrieve it.

"Hold on a second Bane, you better take a look at this. Judging by the marking, it's more your wheelhouse than mine," she says, handing over the fist-sized chunk of enchanted quartz.

When the group reaches the garage, she listens absently while Markus and Max threaten the scorched captive -- she'd had similar ideas -- but winces when Bronze takes offense to the posturing. Bane appears to calm down the old warrior, but she's wary that things could get out of hand.

"I'd planned on coming with you all to the ley line, but unless you really need me there I'm thinking I ought to stay here and keep an eye on things with the prisoner," she says over her comm. "Markus seems a little ... over-eager ... and I've got a few questions, myself, about why these Federation goons are so interested in the town's babies. Just keep us updated on the radio about what you find, and we'll do the same. Same goes for you, Jude -- when you stop chattering, I start wondering what trouble you've gotten yourself into."

Turning to Mel, she makes a show of stretching, causing the pistons in her armor to whine and flex.

"Okay, listen up. This is one of those 'good cop, bad cop' situations. I'm the good cop. Your other choices are bad cop with a blowtorch, bad cop with a giant robot and bad cop who'll burn you to ashes with his mind. So why don't you and I have a nice, reasonable conversation and let them find something else to do? Why don't we start with you telling us why you came to town, and who you're working for ..."

Persuasion [dice]0[/dice]+2
Wild Die[dice]1[/dice]+2

OOC Comments
What the hell? That's like the third critical failure since we got to this town ... Ugh. Well, I guess complications ensue!
Thinking to put herself at the same level as the prisoner, Cantrell grabs a chair from a nearby electronics console. Stumbling briefly on a patch of oil, she reaches out a hand to catch herself -- inadvertently smashing her hand down on release button for the hydraulic dolly looming over Mel. With a rattle of chains, the engine block that had been suspended over the necromancer's head comes crashing down, with disastrous consequences ...
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Mel the necromancer looked at Cantrell seemingly wanting to deal with the good cop. " Yeah, yeah you're the good cop, I'll tell you anything..." Or perhaps not as the engine block smashes his face in, leaving him a twitching pile of skin and bones. But that is not really the worst part. Bronze who was stumbling his way out seemingly thrawrted by Bane, turns and sees the result. His face turns beet red, his old tired eyes are filled with a mixture or rage and pain. His breathing is slow and labored.
" On, his own... Walk out on his own... his own power.". Gathering the rest of his strength he stumbles to Markus and Cantrell. " Leave... My... Town..."
He clutches his chest and a sorrow filled gurgle escapes his lips. His eyes roll back and he falls next to the dead necromancer, unmoving and not breathing.

From outside the grage a quick rapp on the metal door, a sweet fun loving voice of Carol the friendly blackmarket rep calls out, " knock knock... Specail delivery..."

Gm Clarification
-Bronze suffered a heart attack or stroke, healing roll to save his life
-Mel, the nexromancer and all his secrets have been smashed dead
-Carol, has either grenades, or a vehicle missile and a small favor to ask.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Bane

Post by Bane »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:Mel the necromancer looked at Cantrell seemingly wanting to deal with the good cop. " Yeah, yeah you're the good cop, I'll tell you anything..." Or perhaps not as the engine block smashes his face in, leaving him a twitching pile of skin and bones. But that is not really the worst part. Bronze who was stumbling his way out seemingly thrawrted by Bane, turns and sees the result. His face turns beet red, his old tired eyes are filled with a mixture or rage and pain. His breathing is slow and labored.
" On, his own... Walk out on his own... his own power.". Gathering the rest of his strength he stumbles to Markus and Cantrell. " Leave... My... Town..."
He clutches his chest and a sorrow filled gurgle escapes his lips. His eyes roll back and he falls next to the dead necromancer, unmoving and not breathing.

From outside the grage a quick rapp on the metal door, a sweet fun loving voice of Carol the friendly blackmarket rep calls out, " knock knock... Specail delivery..."
Bane turns to leave with Bronze when he hears the commotion behind him. He turns around and he becomes slack jawed by what happened. When Bronze begins to stammer, Bane snaps out of his shock to perform damage control. "Bronze, this was an unfortunate industrial accident, and nothing more.
OOC Comments
Persuasion Ace 1 [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

EditDue to confusion I don't need this roll anymore.
Bane then realized why Bronze stammered a day performed 1st Aid on him.
Healing 14
-1 EP 4
Healing Ace 1[dice]2[/dice] Ace!
Healing Ace 2 [dice]4[/dice] Ace!
Healing Ace 3 [dice]5[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
OOC Comments
Bane

Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas comes dashing up behind the Black Market rep. "What the hell happened?" Even as he speaks, he is pulling out the amber-tipped wand; he levels it at the fallen Glitterboy pilot, shouts "Step back!" and fires.
OOC Comments
This would be a horrible time for a Crit Failure....

Techno-Wizardry [dice]0[/dice]
Bennie Extra Effort [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Techno-Wizardry [dice]1[/dice]
14 total If this works at all, it should have Bronze conscious again, at least. Note, he also gets an immediate opportunity to 'unshake' from the Healing Trapping.

Note that this roll has a penalty equal to Bronze's 'wounds'--assuming he's at Incapacitated, the roll would be at -3, so +1 net.

Also, this might be beyond basic Healing, in which case Lib's effort is in vain, but in theory Bane might try to use the Wand with MoM to get a Greater Healing out of it. Leave that ruling up to you, Pender.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max's voice comes over the radio. "Well, Libertas, remember that thing I said about 'what could possibly go wrong'? Yeah. Vampires and witches are nothing compared to the danger to the populace when the 13th rolls into town! Let's see if we can get Kesslan to set the whole burg on fire, Markus to purge the non-humans, and I bet Jude can have the remaining female survivors, young and old, impregnated within a week. Rifted hell. Guess we didn't need any info out of that guy anyway."
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

"Bloody hell" s Lib's only reply over the radio. Hearing Bane's recitation, he looks around, sees the pancaked Necromancer and... shrugs. Honestly, that was probably for the best, but.... He walks over to Cantrell. "Hey... You alright?" Team first.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Lucretia enters and, seeing that Cantrell is not dying, goes to Bronze first.

"Mr. Bronze, how are you feeling? I am truly sorry for what happened here."
Lucretia Altara Cyber-Knight (appears human) Alt of Ember
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Armor powered (1 hour), psi-sword, psi-shield, cyber-armor active (indefinite)
Sunlight pendant (30 minutes)
Bennies: 4/3
Parry: 10, -2 to be hit by technological weapons [13 with psi-shield]
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Pace: 8, run d10
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Charisma: +2(mods: +2 if respect CK, -4 if recognized as Altara)
Other: Blind-ish: Notice auto fails for color, text, and flat images
Click here to edit your signature
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell stands in stunned silence for a moment, as a pool of blood slowly expands beneath the errant engine block.

It occurs to her that the accident isn't all her fault -- she'd been hasty, perhaps, and not paying enough attention. But someone left that oil on the floor without cleaning it up or throwing sand on it. And who leaves a 500-lb. engine block just hanging around? But casting blame isn't going to un-crush the necromancer's skull, or explain away the mess.

Sometimes you just roll snakeyes, she thinks, as Libertas' voice finally registers.

"Huh? Me, oh, I'm fine. I'm fine," she says. "I guess I'll go get the mop."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

• Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas doubts that, he really does... but there's no point in forcing the issue, either. "I'll give you a hand. We should be able to make short work of it together." He starts by trying to locate whatever winch was used to hoist the engine block in the first place, and then crank it up again--and this time, it gets secured by something a little more durable than a damned knotted rope. Seriously, that kind of sloppiness would've gotten me tossed at Master Kwan's shop. Eh, the kid's young, though, and still coming to grips about his father. On the other hand... dammit. He speaks into his radio, very softly. "I hate to be that guy, Bane, but... we still gotta find out about the key, now that Bronze is, um, unspelled or whatever. Unless we want to go back to plan 'Break the Box'."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus seems VERY confused for a second, at the mess made by Cantrell.
Then he smiles at her.
"Damn! That was funny, in a way. Don't worry, it was just an accident, and it affected the worst person in the room."
He goes to Bronze, and speaks to him.
"Sorry if my "acting" was too convincing. I would never torture another human. Don't worry, we are members of the Tomorrow Legion, and obey its principles. And please don't take it hard on Cantrell, it was an unfortunate accident what happened."

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Bane

Post by Bane »

Freemage wrote:"I hate to be that guy, Bane, but... we still gotta find out about the key, now that Bronze is, um, unspelled or whatever. Unless we want to go back to plan 'Break the Box'."
Bane replies saying "At this point, I think the best play is to let Jude sort that out."
OOC Comments
Bane

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Lucretia wrote:Lucretia enters and, seeing that Cantrell is not dying, goes to Bronze first.

"Mr. Bronze, how are you feeling? I am truly sorry for what happened here."
Bronze is fairly weak and shaking. He shakes his head at Lucretia. His voice is more sad than angry, and barely more than a whisper. " I am not fine... I was so mad, when your team killed the Necromancer. Of course I cannot have such a man running around. To die like that, accident or no, if you play at being bad, I have found that bad things follow." His breathing is raspy and shallow. " I should have stopped them, I knew the right action and... I failed. I am threw, too old for this job. I think it is time my daughter came into her own."
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

If only we actually lived in a world where good was rewarded with good and bad punished with bad... life would be much easier.

"You are a good man, and have a noble..." don't say 'heart' "...soul. This town is lucky to have had you as a protector, and i am sure your daughter will follow in your footsteps well. If you would like, I can ask the Tomorrow Legion to assign a few troops here to assist, at least until we can be relatively certain that neither the vampires nor the Federation of Magic will be a problem."
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Bronze gets up a bit shakily, it seems some of his strength has returned. He takes a long look at Cantrell and Markus. Boom! Boom! He shakes his head letting his anger go. "It was not luck, I am not sure what drew us here, but not Luck. Still Lucretia, thank you. Mr. Marvin and the community outreach team also made such an offer. Maybe in time that maybe necessary. We have never had much of a problem with vampires, or the federation. Maybe a missing child her or there... And I completely forgot about one of my best friends... It might be wise to take you up on your offer, I need to rest though and have a talk with my daughter." He makes his way out the door and past Carol, she touches his shoulder briefly trying to comfort him somewhat.

Carol comes the rest of the way in, she has three items with her. A large vehicular missile crate, a small grenade holder, and a black box with an intricate electronic lock and the black market cartel symbol.

She looks at those present, the bloody necromancer and smiles happily, " Well friends, I know some of you have had some interest in my specialty gear. I need this black box dropped off 30 miles outside of Whykin, maybe we can come to some sort of terms..."
OOC Comments
-Cantrell can roll for the amount of grenades, 1d6. 1 sunburst vehicular missile.
-As luck would have it Whykin is on your way
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Carol's appearance offers a welcome distraction and Cantrell smiles -- a bit unsteadily -- at the offer.

"Well, I don't see why not. I think Whykin's on our way," she says, accepting the grenades and the sunburst missile. "I'll make sure Max gets the heavy ordinance -- he'll appreciate it, I'm sure."

[dice]0[/dice] Sweet -- don't suppose that aces, huh? :lol: So 6 grenades.

Seeing Lucretia walk out with Bronze, she nudges Markus.

"It might be best to make ourselves scarce for awhile. Maybe we can catch up with the group heading to the ley line, or see if Jude needs some help," she says.

<<Jude, how are you doing? Need our assistance with anything? Markus and I are looking to take ourselves out of sight and out of mind for a bit>>
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Looking after the departing bronze, Lucretia felt her heart sink.
Nothing is worse than a good person becoming demoralized. That's how evil wins - grind down the good until they give up fighting.

Turning her attention to Carol she gestures to the black box.
"I don't suppose you'll tell us what's in the box?"
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Cantrell wrote:Seeing Lucretia walk out with Bronze, she nudges Markus.
"It might be best to make ourselves scarce for awhile. Maybe we can catch up with the group heading to the ley line, or see if Jude needs some help," she says.
<<Jude, how are you doing? Need our assistance with anything? Markus and I are looking to take ourselves out of sight and out of mind for a bit>>
Markus nods.
"Sounds like a good idea. We need to go get the stuff we liberated from the Brodkill. Now is a good time as any other."

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Lucretia wrote:Looking after the departing bronze, Lucretia felt her heart sink.
Nothing is worse than a good person becoming demoralized. That's how evil wins - grind down the good until they give up fighting.

Turning her attention to Carol she gestures to the black box.
"I don't suppose you'll tell us what's in the box?"
Carol looks over at Nadine fondly, and then turns back to Lucretia with a playful grin on her face. " Nothing insideous if that is what you mean, just some coalition troop movement info, and the location of a few dragon eggs.". Looks over at the bloody necromancer mess that Cantrell and Libertas have almost finished cleaning up. Still grinning, " But maybe insideous is not an issue with your group.". Chuckling pulls out a slip of paper, " Its a dead drop of sorts, usually with quiet a few operatives comming in and out. A big grackle named...". She chuckles, "Kingpin will be there, you'll need this.". She finishes and thrustis the paper into Lucretia's hand.
" I assume we have a deal then."She nods to Markus and continues all playfulness gone, " Just ask him what happens when you cross the market, we could have been something great."

If there is nothing else, she departs with one last look toward Markus.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

OOC Comments
Seems grenade rolls can ace:

[dice]0[/dice] So a total of 9 sweet, sweet UV grenades. Some vamps gonna get a suntan.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

What a few dragons could do if influenced by the wrong sort of people... but a potential harm to stop a guaranteed, worse, harm... that's a risk I'm prepared to take.
She nods to Carol.

"I am a woman of my word. Your package will be delivered to Kingpin."
That seems an odd name for a Grackletooth. It is probably an assumed identity.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas has gone silent for awhile while helping with the clean-up. Once that is done with, he goes over to Lucretia, letting her finish deal making and waiting for the market rep to depart. "Sorry to dump more in your lap boss but with everything else going on I figure a reminder is in order. Given that the techno-wizard was working on anti vamp weapons, I figure there is probably something useful in that chest. Bane said it is trapped so we have two options. Either we talk to Bronze, or I suppose we could start with his daughter, and see if they know anything, in which case we probably want Jude for making nice, or I give Bane a way to shutdown the trap and you bust it open". He does not mention option three--Given how down she is looking I think she might just try to open it without precautions...
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

"The key would be better, in case there are non-magical fail-safes."

Bronze probably isn't in the best shape, physically or mentally.

"Let's let Bronze rest for now, and talk with his daughter. Can you describe the key?"
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell sees Lucretia and Libertas talking. She hesitates to interrupt, but slips in a quick interjection when she has a chance.

"Sarge, Markus and I are gonna make ourselves scarce and try to catch a ride with the scouting party out to the ley line. If you and Libertas are staying back, you might check on Jude. Sounds like he's run into some magic problems, which is a ways out of my wheelhouse."

Once Markus is done talking with Carol, she and the German merc head out, radioing ahead to Max to wait for them.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus follow Carol with his sight, and remains transfixed for some 15 seconds at the place she gets out of sight, oblivious of everything else.
He nods at Cantrell and follows her outside, ready to get the scouting mission started.
INTERLUDE
He starts to speak, without looking at Cantrell, even if she is the only one around.
"My time here in America has been hard. The culture, the ideas... the people, all are so similar but at the same time so different. Small differences than makes life hard. Ugly. I met Carol a short time after I got here, and we click almost immediately. I was alone, you know. Utterly alone. Away from everything and everyone I had once cared about, facing a wild land of barbarians and danger. She was my anchor those days. She helped me get up on my feet. I... yes, I loved her for it."
He stops walking for a second. Then he starts walking again, catching up with Cantrell.
"The Black Market. On the New Republic they would be hunted down and imprisoned for treason. They sell to the highest bidder, without regard for human life. They consort with the enemy. Carol consorts with the enemy. She doesn't care. I tried to explain her. Tried to tell her there is a line we should keep. That humanity has to stay together. Help each other. She didn't understood that. I can't get my head around at the fact she don't care!"
He looks at the horizon, like he is trying to see the New German Republic at the distance.
"I hate America."
He keeps walking with Cantrell, now in silence. A couple seconds after he looks at her.
"Well, maybe I don't hate all of America." - he thinks to himself.
OOC Comments
: Off to the scout mission.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell listens as Markus unexpectedly opens up. The emotional confession is uncomfortable, but she's spent enough time on long patrols to know that sometimes a soldier just needs to come clean, so she lets him finish.

Hate America? Hate to tell you, but America's dead, my friend -- and love with it, she thinks to herself.

"All you can do is walk the line, buddy," she says, patting Markus on one armored shoulder as they head toward the scouting group. "Just walk the line."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus smiles sadly at her.
"Sir yes sir!"

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Lucretia wrote:"The key would be better, in case there are non-magical fail-safes."

Bronze probably isn't in the best shape, physically or mentally.

"Let's let Bronze rest for now, and talk with his daughter. Can you describe the key?"
"Understood. Unfortunately that is what we need to know. It is probably not a normal key, though."

With that, he moves with her to the streets.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Lucretia nods, and goes with Libertas to find Bonze's daughter.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:

Return to “Silver Bluff”