Silver Bluff- The Destroyed Library-now hidden tw workshop

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Silver Bluff- The Destroyed Library-now hidden tw workshop

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The destroyed Library
The library was one of the few buildings dystroyed by the events of last night. It would seem some railgun fire, and two frag grenades ill thrown demolished it. Many of the towns folk are here going through the rubble trying to find books that are mostly in good standing order
-Notice check to find good condition books.
-Notice check at -2 to find a buried secret trap door and secret staircase leading to a hidden TW workshop.
-Fear check if you go down! [Not the heart attack kind but the nausea kind]
[Going down will move you to the Hidden Techno Wizard Workshop!]
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Re: Silver Bluff- The Destroyed Library

Post by Lucretia »

Lucretia wasn't really much of a reader, but she liked books. Conceptually, at least.
Sir Cy had talked to her about some slaves in ancient times he had read about in some pre-Rifts book, and how education was denied to them. Of course, he was trying to get Lucretia to realize that her masters had done the same to her - or worse, really - conditioning her not to avoid learning, not to seek understanding or betterment. She had never really shaken that... but she does know that education is important, that knowledge should be protected, developed, and passed on.

Well, she was good with the protecting part. Developing and passing she would leave to others, it wasn't really her cup of tea - I mean, she liked teaching recruits to fight, but that's not really what Sir Cy was talking about. Still, she did what she could when she could, which is how a blind warrior woman found herself on her hands and knees sifting through piles of ash and debris searching for books.

She found a number of intact books, though she left it to others to determine whether they were still legible. She also found a trap door that apparently had been hidden below an area rug... which had mostly burned away. opening the door, she carefully made her way down the stairs...
OOC Comments
Notice to find books (+2 for alertness)
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
6+2 = 8, Success with a raise

Notice to find the trap door (+2 for alertness. -2 for reasons)
Notice [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
5, Success

Fear check
Spirit [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
3, Failure. I could spend a benny on it, but I'd rather save those for Soldad and Kesh.

Nausea
Vigor [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]
5, Success. Yay, no regrets on saving the Benny. Yet. She is still Shaken.
Lucretia Altara Cyber-Knight (appears human) Alt of Ember
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Armor powered (1 hour), psi-sword, psi-shield, cyber-armor active (indefinite)
Sunlight pendant (30 minutes)
Bennies: 4/3
Parry: 10, -2 to be hit by technological weapons [13 with psi-shield]
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Pace: 8, run d10
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Charisma: +2(mods: +2 if respect CK, -4 if recognized as Altara)
Other: Blind-ish: Notice auto fails for color, text, and flat images
Click here to edit your signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Silver Bluff- The Destroyed Lib

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The trap door lets out a hiss, as its environmental seal is broken and the smell is revolting ( Hence the fear check). A small space and workshop lies below. The scene is a grizzled one, a body in the middle of decomposing is hunched over a desk with a silvered vibro dagger through its back pinning it in place. There is no blood at all dried or otherwise where you would assume a natural blood pool from such a wound, infact all the blood from the body looks to have been drained. An engineering design is beneath the head it is fairly easy to make it out, the top of the document has the words For the Betrayers written! It looks like this dwarvish shaped humanoid was working on a techno wizard conversion. A trunk with an arcane lock sits at one end of the room. The lock itself would take some kind of hexagonal shaped key. Empty bookshelves fill the rest. The room is cast in an erie red glow coming from a pendant suspended in mid air over the dead technowizard's head. The pendant looks to be made of gold and yet you could swear the gold chain is living. The links seem to be moving as if the pendant had some kind of bio component to it. It holds this swirling jewel made of what looks to be blood. It is also the source of the eerie red glow. As you are looking at the pendant cracks in the pendant's gold links start to appear. Scrawled underneath the dwarves right hand (probably with his nail during his last moments) are two words Bronze Key

Gm Clarification
-The decomposing body was the reason for the nasea based fear check
- Knowledge engineering: He was designing a TW water conversion for a NG-Ip7 Ion pulse rifle
- Locked with an arcane lock in the trunk is said weapon completely converted ( Basically the weapon has a water trapping applied to it that on a hit with a raise it slows the targeted as if the target was moving through difficult terrain on its next action), . -4 to lockpicking, it smells magical. Exalted Arcana will tell you it is protected by an exalted damage field with the sunlight trapping. It may or maynot destroy the weapon inside if it goes off if forced open. If forcing it open roll a d6 on a 6 the weapon survives intact.
-KN arcana -4: I'll shoot you a pm about the pendant.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Re: Silver Bluff- The Destroyed Library

Post by Lucretia »

The smell threatened to overwhelm Lucretia, and feeling the bile crawl up her throat she stepped back off the stairs and shut the trap door. Feeling a bit weak, she sits on the door to both let her stomach settle and prevent anyone else from going in. After a few calming deep breaths - ash-smelling air is much better than rotten-flesh-smelling air - she keys on her radio.

"Banethro and Libertas - I am in need of your expertise. Please join me at the library - or, uh, what remains of it. Top priority. It, uh, smells terrible - might want to bring a gas mask or something."
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Silver Bluff- The Destroyed Library-now hidden tw worksh

Post by Libertas Magicum »

Libertas' voice comes back over the radio almost instantly; and really, he doesn't sound impatient, at all. Honest. "Of course, Sergeant. I'll bring some work masks from the garage."

True to his word, he arrives a bit later, carrying three masks and wearing a fourth. He descends through the trap door, curiosity growing. "Hey, sergeant, what's... Oh. Oh, my."
OOC Comments
Fear/Nausea Check: [dice]6[/dice]
Wild Fear: [dice]7[/dice]

Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die[dice]1[/dice]
Wild Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Ace II [dice]3[/dice]

-2 for Hearing-based Notice checks.
-2 for Multi-Action.

And he's at -1 from Fatigue for the scene due to the failed Nausea check.

Even if it's hearing, he gets an 11, which would be a raise. Really, it makes sense--this is his domain.
He immediately gravitates over to the work-table, scanning the blueprints to assess them.
OOC Comments
Know: Engineering (Scholar): [dice]4[/dice]
Wild K: Eng (Scholar): [dice]5[/dice]
Extra Effort Bennie: [dice]8[/dice]

Fatigue and MAP give him a -3. Total Roll: 7
"This... oh, this would be a magnificent weapon against the vampires, Sergeant. Uses an Ion Gun as the base, but it fires a focused spray of water, very intense. It would strip skin from an unprotected target, and knock them over--and a Vampire would have a very, very bad reaction to the spray."

He moves to try to get the diagram from under the slumped body of the dwarf.
OOC Comments
Leaving time there for Lucretia to stop him from disturbing the crime scene, otherwise yes, he will push the body aside to get at the blueprints.

Edits added for the forgotten Nausea check.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Bane

Post by Bane »

"I'm on my way from near the General Store where I had to obliterate a wild vampire straggler." Bane chimes in.
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Toughness: 8 (3)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)
PPE: 12/20
Bennies: 1

Alts: Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Lucretia stands to allow Libertas access to the hatch.

"Brace yourself, it's not pleasant."

-------
(in the workshop)

"Wait, what gun? I don't know what your talking about. Wait! don't move anything yet, this is a murder scene!"
OOC Comments
Blueprints? I don't know what you're talking about... I thought it was a tablecloth. 8-)

I'm not sure if Lucretia needs to make another check, or if the masks that Lib said he was bringing make a difference...

Also Lib, if I'm reading it right a failed fear test just means shaken, plus you then make a vigor test. Failing the vigor test is what causes fatigue.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
Ah, you are correct. I'm going to roll that now--if he makes it, then he was 'momentarily overcome', just to keep things on-track, and since he would've needed to burn the bennie for th blueprints roll, anyway:

Vigor: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Vigor: [dice]1[/dice]
Hm... I think he'll burn the bennie for this, to shake it off.
Extra Effort Vigor: [dice]2[/dice]
He gives her the closest he's ever given her to a rebellious look, and points. "This. It's a Techno-Wizard blueprint for converting an Ion Gun into a water-cannon."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Bane

Post by Bane »

On Bane's way to the Library, he calls to Lucretia on the radio and asks "Hey, do you want me to also get Dr. Danlack as well?" If Lucretia says yes, he'll go find the good doctor first then lead him to the library, if he isn't already there, but if she says no to that, then Bane will go strait to the Library.

Upon arrival, he takes a face mask and puts it before taking a deep breath to prepare himself for the smell, then descends into the workshop.
Fear Check
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Bane feels himself get lightheaded and nauseous for a moment before he is able to steady himself again. Then he sees why. Taking slow, shallow breaths, Bane looks around the room.
Notice
[dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Seeing as this is some sort of magical workshop, Bane casts Exalted Detect Arcana (-2 PPE).
Spellcasting
[dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]5[/dice]
-2 for Second Location Penalty
While casting the spell, he breathes in too much of the rank air and coughs, interrupting his spell, so he casts it again. (-2 PPE)
Spellcasting
[dice]6[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]7[/dice]
-2 Penalty means it's just a success
Bane is able to successfully cast his spell this time and describes the scene to Libertas and Lucretia. After inspecting the room with his magical senses, Bane inspects the pendant more closely.
Knowledge Arcana
[dice]8[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]9[/dice]
Bane looks up at Lucretia and says "I am not sure what this is, do you mind if I took it to Dr. Danlack to consult on?"
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)

Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Libertas Magicum wrote:He gives her the closest he's ever given her to a rebellious look, and points. "This. It's a Techno-Wizard blueprint for converting an Ion Gun into a water-cannon."
"Hey, don't give me that look, it's just a piece of paper to me."
She briefly dips her visor down to give him a visual reminder of her vision complications.

"Yeah, that could be useful, but it can wait a little while longer, I don't think it's going anywhere, pinned under a corpse like that. It seems like this town has had problems with vampires before, funny no one has mentioned it."
Bane wrote:Bane looks up at Lucretia and says "I am not sure what this is, do you mind if I took it to Dr. Danlack to consult on?"
"I'm not so sure we should be touching the unknown blood-red glowing amulet floating over the bloodless corpse of a technowizard that was making an anti-vampire gun until we have some idea what it is... though i don't like the way the chain is moving. Or the way it's cracking. Anyone have a box we can put it in?"

Danlack... Danlack.... who was that again? Oh right, the COT magic expert.

"...I'll see if one of the locals can go get Doctor Danlack for us. We should have gotten their comms frequency earlier. Uh, maybe something about how this guy died can tell us something about the pendant? It seems kind of bloody and there's no blood in the body or bloodstain from him being stabbed... might be some kind of vampiric magic."

She steps out of the lab and approaches the nearest townsperson.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Bane

Post by Bane »

"I may not be able to tell you what it is, but my arcane sight is telling me that it currently has two spells active, a Disguise spell similar to the one I had used during the fight with Soledad, and Mind Walk, which allows the caster to walk through the mind and memories of a target. The pendant has the ability to store up to 50% more magical energy than I can when I am fully rested, and is restored in a manner similar to a living person. As far as the COT's comms frequency, that was something I had been meaning to talk to them about later today, see if they have radios strong enough to reach the Castle by itself, or if they have to relay the message through a radio outpost." Bane explains to Lucretia.
OOC Comments
Bane

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Dr Danlack comes by a bit before the morning is over. He frowns at the devistation brought to such a place of learning and knowledge. He reaches down brushing rubble off a book on dam building, "A fount of knowledge!". Trying to not get too carried away he goes over to the 13 members.
" Ahh a secret door, to a hidden room, interesting.". Unfortunately for the good doctor the gass masks found do not fit him so he feels the full brunt of the smell, and the sight of grizzled dwarve decomposing makes him wretch the contents of his breakfast immidiately.
"Oh my word, so disgusting!" Dr. Danlack is clearly shaken by this ordeal but through the help of the 13th he manages to gain enough strength to inspect the pendant.
He looks at it for a few moments, waving his hands in an intricate pattern.
"Ahh my Arcane sight is revealing much to me about this necklace, nay perhaps mark of the infernal is more apt." . The doctor's gaze goes blank as if he is not seeing what is there, but seeing what is in the realm of the supernatural.
In a monotone voice he says, "Duriel the demon lord of vengence will sit atop his throne, and at its base the soul demon sits known only as such from its demonic gold necklace marked with a blood red ruby." If it was a trance, the doctor quickly comes out of it and almost cradles the pendant.
Excitedly he says,"Come look at these viens running through the gold, they look as if alive. A clear sign of biowizardry. And the blood red ruby, more blood than ruby yes?" From what I recall a soul demon gained its ability to strip a soul from exisitance from this very pendant. Legends say in some extreme cases with the removal of the soul would come removal of the living memory. " Without touching the pendant he traces his finger just above some of the cracks.
" Its odd that their are these cracks forming. I would think a terrible item like this could exist indefinately for all of time."

The takes a step back shuddering slightly.
OOC Comments
Fear check
Spirit [dice]0[/dice]
Vigor [dice]3[/dice]

Kn arcana scholar
[dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Total of 9 with his level of fatigue.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas actually looks embarrassed about the 'vision' thing. "Oh, right, uh, sorry about that. Honestly, I wasn't sure how much you can see. Yeah, this thing is all about killing vampires, though. Wonder if he ever built one, or if this was going to be his prototype. I would like to get it once you've cleared the body."

As they wait for the others to arrive, he'll also poke around a bit, eyeing the safe, and looking to see if maybe there's a bronze key anywhere in the room--or, barring that, any potentially useful parts he could re-purpose on upgrading their own gear.
OOC Comments
Notice [dice]1[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]0[/dice]

MAP -2 factored in.

So, no luck on finding either of those things, though at least he didn't set off any traps.

As Bane and the Doctor arrive, he listens to their respective takes on the blood-amulet. "So there's no blood because the stone 'ate' it, along with his soul, and that's also why there's no memory of him. If it cracks completely, would his soul be freed?"
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Bane

Post by Bane »

If Libertas (or anyone else) gets too close to the trunk, Bane will shout out "Don't touch that! It's trapped with a sunlight effect."
OOC Comments
Bane

Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

He stops, and looks at Bane. "So it's specifically designed to keep out vampires, then... okay, we gotta figure out a way in here. I can rig up a harmonic disruptor; your arcane mastery should let you use it to shut it down, I think."
OOC Comments
Libertas is suggesting he build a Dispel Gadget. As Banethro has Master of Magic, he should be able to use that to cast Exalted Dispel, which, if successful, would shut down the trap spell for 1d6 minutes, which should be long enough to bust open the chest, I'd hope.

For reference:
DISPEL–EXALTED DISPEL
Power Points: 6
Range: Smarts × 2
Duration: Instant (1d6 minutes)
This is the ultimate directed dispel power,
able to undo any active power currently active
in a Large Burst Template. It can also dampen
enchantments on items within the area,
shutting them down for 1d6 minutes. When
used against items, the casting roll is against
a base 4 instead of opposed; the GM should
feel free to impose penalties for particularly
powerful items (−2 for a major item, −4 for an
artifact, or even −6 for a true relic of great power)
If Banethro is also going to be at -2 MAP for changing scenes in the Morning time-slot, we might want to wait until the Afternoon Scene to make all those rolls, though--though then, Bane would be at a MAP when he goes to the Ley Line with the second expedition. Because life is about choices. ;)
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Bane

Post by Bane »

As per PM from Pender
Smarts
[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice] Ace!
Wild Die Ace [dice]2[/dice]

So either 6 + 1 = 7 or a natural 7, but I still got a 7

Not sure what penalties should apply so I am doing a strait roll.
OOC Comments
Bane

Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Libertas Magicum wrote:Libertas actually looks embarrassed about the 'vision' thing. "Oh, right, uh, sorry about that. Honestly, I wasn't sure how much you can see. Yeah, this thing is all about killing vampires, though. Wonder if he ever built one, or if this was going to be his prototype. I would like to get it once you've cleared the body."
"I can see pretty much anything solid... but not color, or really small things. I'm not illiterate, but I can't read most things because I can't see the letters in a book or on a screen. In some ways it's more like touch than sight. Like feeling everything around you while wearing gloves. You can get shapes and contours, even some texture, but not really fine details. It's kind of hard to explain. Try figuring out how to explain what 'red' looks like without talking about other colors, and you'll see what I mean."
Libertas Magicum wrote:As Bane and the Doctor arrive, he listens to their respective takes on the blood-amulet. "So there's no blood because the stone 'ate' it, along with his soul, and that's also why there's no memory of him. If it cracks completely, would his soul be freed?"
"Or maybe it will get hungry and attack one of us..."
Libertas Magicum wrote:He stops, and looks at Bane. "So it's specifically designed to keep out vampires, then... okay, we gotta figure out a way in here. I can rig up a harmonic disruptor; your arcane mastery should let you use it to shut it down, I think."
"If it's locked, there's probably a key somewhere... I mean, if the murderer took the key, then why wouldn't they have taken the contents anyway?"
OOC Comments
I'm working off the assumption that Lucretia can't "see" the scratches in the table. Unless that dwarf had vibro-fingernails I don't think the scratches are going to be deep enough. Hard to tell, though.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Bane

Post by Bane »

Bane looks thoughtfully at the pendant for a few minutes before speaking again, saying "I almost thing that the pendant is suppressing people memory of the dwarf. Durbin was speaking last night of a magic user, but he couldn't recall many specifics, even though it seemed like he should since he helped found the town alongside Durbin. It seems like something that the pendant's Mind Walk spell could do, but if that is the case, then it would be logical that the pendant has been continuously since the dwarf 'left'. What worries me even more now is the other spell that is active, the Disguise spell. Is someone in town being disguised by the spell, if so then who and why? Either way it would seem to me that if the cracks spread any more, the pendant should in theory be broken and the spells would be dispelled, or we should be able to move outside of town and it's effects on the rest of the town should cease.
OOC Comments
Bane

Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

After lunch, Libertas swings by the garage, then returns to the Library and the workshop, with the mask in place, waiting for Bane and whoever else is coming.

OOC Comments
Automatic Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice: [dice]1[/dice]

1: Do we need a fresh Fear: Nausea roll on entering again? I'm including it here, but will wait until told if it was actually necessary before posting any ill effects that might arise:

Nausea: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Nausea [dice]3[/dice]

2: Do the wristbands we were issued at the beginning include a basic camera function? If so, Lib's taking the opportunity to get a photo or five of the blueprints.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The towns folk seeing the team uncover the secret door, largely leave it alone. However, one thing that is interesting it is clear some people are oblivious ( mostly over 40, and have lived in the town for at least 20 years), while others are pointing at it wondering what is going on ( usually the younger crowd, and have not lived in town for more than 20 years). Age wise there are outliers, but the demarcation of how long folks have lived in town is firm.
The secret work shop is largly unchanged. While the smell is still potent and body grizzly as ever, having already encountered it before you know what to expect and so it is less shocking. One thing has dramatically changed though. The golden chain ,suspended mid air above the dead body, holding the blood filled pendant has several more cracks. In fact as Libertas enters, a small peice of the gold chain breaks off dropping onto the decomposing dwarven body hitting the ground sizzling and disapearing in a poof of smoke. It is clear something has negatively effected it.
OOC Comments
I am not sure if Bronze is coming down, if he was invited, a persuation roll will be needed to convince him as he is irrationally adamant about not going down.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

"Uh... Sergeant? Bane? The amulet looks like it's about to fall apart. I have no idea what's going to happen when the spell fails once and for all."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

"Acknowledged, Libertas. Keep us apprised... and be careful.

Kesslan, I'm on my way to back you up. Is there anything you can do to get them out of the bar? Preferably without property damage."
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas thinks for just a moment. "Understood, Sergeant. Bane, go ahead and back up Lucretia. While this is weird and potentially chaotic, it sounds like she's more likely to need immediate assistance. One of you should keep your comm open so the rest of us can listen in, in case things go south."

And with that, he settles in to make copies of the blueprints; if it's possible to pick it up without actually disturbing the body, he'll do that, tucking it away for safe-keeping.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

As you gather the blueprints beneath them you notice inlayed into the desk itself is an interesting landscape or world view made out of various precious metals. It looks alomst as if fragments of the word are swirling arround, with skyships flying inbetween them. It is highly detailed as if someone had spent years working with gold and platnium. Looking closely at it, it even seems as if these fragments of the world and skyships are moving!

GM clarification

-Basically the art peice depicts the sundered sky setting world view
- Repair to lift it out without damaging it.
- There is a minor enchantment on it making the world and skyships move slightly, almost as if an optical illusion
- To the right buyer it could be worth 20,000 credits, most folks would pay 5,000-10,000 creds for it.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas draws a sharp breath inward.

Amazing work... the metalwork alone is... His hand reaches towards the radio, and then pauses... finger over the button, then stops again... then he lowers his hand, and pulls out his toolkit to get to work.
OOC Comments
And.... Minor Greedy kicks in. Hard. :lol:

Repair [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Repair [dice]1[/dice]
Wild Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Machine Maestro, if it applies, should add a +2. While the inlay itself probably wouldn't, the tools he's using to lift it out probably would.
And, several minutes later, he extracts the inlay, rolling up the blueprint and heading back to the garage as quickly as he can, to wrap it in a tarp and put it in the small cargo space they built.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

While no one is in the TW library to see this. The floating pendant above Dwalin Lighthelm breaks into three peices, hitting the floor. The peices writhe and wriggle as dwalin's blood seeps out of them staining the floor. But their still is something sinister about these gold peices, they move arround the floor as if snakes seeking out prey. The redish glow eminating from thm ceases plunging the work shop into darkness.

Gm Clarification

The workshop is now considered with the trap door closed total darkness. -4 to notice the slithering peices of the biowizardry necklace.. If not noticed (need a 4 or better) the peices gain the drop.

The necklace peices will attempt to grapple the first person in with an arcane background. Opposed fighting.
OOC Comments
Fighting [dice]0[/dice]
+2 for gangup
+4 possibily for the drop
If grappled I'll PM about what happens next.

These peices can be dystroyed by any means the players posses. It just takes one peice to be dystroyed for the rest to follow.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas, having run past several others who looked as overcome as Bronze, pulls up short as he gets to the trap door and sees total darkness down below. Well, never had a chance to give Lucretia the Amulet of the Sun, yet, so... just in case the bloodstone a vampire inside it, or something.... He pulls out the gizmo he prepared earlier and activates it, draping it over his own neck.
OOC Comments
Techno-Wizardry: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild TW: [dice]1[/dice]

Notice: [dice]2[/dice]
Ace Notice: [dice]4[/dice]
Total Notice: 6
Wild Notice: [dice]3[/dice]

Fighting [dice]5[/dice]
Wild Fighting [dice]6[/dice]

Agility to Free-draw: [dice]7[/dice]
Wild Agility: [dice]8[/dice]

No luck, draw counts as an action, shot suffers a MAP, counterbalanced by Machine Maestro for using a TW weapon, and at +1 for the weapon modification:

Shooting: [dice]9[/dice]
Wild Shooting: [dice]10[/dice]
Total 6 to hit!
He descends into the room, surrounded by an aura of sunlight... no vampire screams in response, thank goodness. But the stone IS gone...
And the remains of the 'cage' are now alive! Fortunately, he saw them coming, and makes to fend them off.
He manages to evade the nasty little things. Pulling his TK Pistol (perhaps a bit less than artfully), he lets loose a shot.

The bullet strikes one of the writhing little monstrosities, and they all go inert. He just stands there, staring for a moment at the remains, then gets on the radio. "So, how you folks all doing? The spell is definitely over here in the Library."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Hearing Jude's call, Libertas replies, "That's 'Goggles' to you, pal. You're out at the tower? Okay, I can come; seems like things have gone a bit screwy, so it'll be a bit before we can deal with the box, anyway."

Looking around one last time to see if there's any other emergencies likely to come up, he heads back to the streets, in order to link up with Jude.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Breathless after his run from the Lady, Libertas pulls out the key he got earlier from Jude and unlocks the chest. Pulling out the gun he finds inside, he grins. Sarge will be annoyed most likely, but at least..... The thought trails off as he sees the markings on the inside of the box--gibberish to most, but to a Techno-wizard, a clear indication... He pushes three times against the back and one once against the bottom and.... Click. Inside the newly revealed compartment is a full suit of field tech armor. Setting down the gun and flashlight, he does a quick change, then hauls ass back to the Lady. I wonder if this is going to make her madder....
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:

Return to “Silver Bluff”