Silver Bluff- General Store

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Silver Bluff- General Store

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

General Store
Minni and Paul Deerfield run the general store. They are nice finest folks. Possibly to Minni's chagrin Paul immediately gives 1 free item to each member of the team [ Mundane stuff from the savage worlds core book, so like if you want a cross bow and wooden quarrels no problem] Paul greets you enthusiastically, " Welcome, Welcome. Our shop is your shop! Let me know what you need and if we have it, it is yours. We heard how you saved those children. Outstanding!" His wife gasps and starts crying running out the back. Paul sheepishly frowns and quietly says, " Its not about the cost of goods I assure you. 12 years ago our baby Doren was snatched from our porch. I ahh guess the excitement made me forget..." He slides real close next to you, he looks like maybe he is also on the verge of tears now.
" I know we are not the only ones..." It looked as if he was going to say more, but he bit back his lip, and forces a smile continuing showing you around the shop. A few other folks are in the shop, some of their kids are playing hid and seek near the barrels of food stores.
[ Be on your toes here as some barrels might end up crushing some kids]

GM Clarification
-Most items from the savage world main book are available that would be available for a fantasy setting.
-some items from the horror companion are also available ( Persuasion roll -2 and they probably have it), again fantasy setting appropriate
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Cantrell

Re: Silver Bluff- General Store

Post by Cantrell »

Notice: [dice]0[/dice] +2 =4
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice] +2

Common Knowledge: [dice]2[/dice] =6
Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]

Cantrell smiles warmly as she's greeted, responding with the customary "aw shucks" shrug. She looks up, curious, as Minni runs out.

"I don't intend to bankrupt you, but I would accept one of those crossbows and some wooden stakes, with gratitude. Of course, if you have any sort of silver-plated weaponry or something that would spit silver bullets at these fiends, I'd be happy to barter for it. I found myself a little under-equipped in our last run-in at the bridge," she says, looking appreciatively at the wares and trying to dodge the children running through the aisles.

"Hopefully we'll be able to take care of these vampires once and for all and prevent anyone from losing a child ..." she says, before adding, carefully: "Was it the vampires that took your baby, Doren? What about the others you mentioned?"

Persuasion: [dice]4[/dice]+2 =6
Wild Die: [dice]5[/dice]+2
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Kesslan for his part, arrives some time after Cantrell and just peruses the various items that were available. Noticing one thing he'd forgotten to requisition before they left he picks out some packets of suitable items for trail rations, since you never knew for sure if you'd find food along the way. He also picks out a backpack, bedroll, a few candles, a length of rope, some soap and pair of canteens.
OOC Comments
All items from P56 SW Deluxe
Backpack: 50, Weight 2
Bedrool: 25, Weight 4
10 Candles: 1 (each), Weight 1 (each)
2 Canteens: 5 (each), Weight 1 (each)
10' of rope: 10, Weight 15
4 bars of Soap: 1 (each), Weight 1/5 (each)
Trail Rations (5 meals, keeps 1 Week), 10, Weight 5
Total Book Cost: 119
I bring the fire
Bennies: 6
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
ISP: 20/20
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Paul hands over a crossbow and 20 wooden quarrels. Right next to where he grabbed the crossbow from you notice a repeating crossbow with a 8000 cred price tag. Paul shakes his head no to the silver bullets, but pulls back a cloth on the display case. " Our assistant Carol, brought in these beauties this morning. She said they are UV grenades, from the Pecos Empire. 1,200 creds a peice. She always brings in such useful merchandise.". He looks arround slightly concerned and mutters, " Usually she is here by now, for her shift." [there are [dice]0[/dice] grenades]

Cantrel, Paul shakes his head sadly at the mention of Dorean and vampires. " No we have never had much problems with vampires. Legends and rumors tell of an old hag that lurks in the Northern woods. Some say she steals the babies right out from the crib. That might be true, it seems for about the last 15 or years, every few years a baby goes missing, never more than a year old. If you hadn't proven your heroics to Bronze he might have given you the once over, as we can tend to sometimes get suspicious of strangers.". His voice quivers as it is planfully obvious that talking about this subject brings up some powerful emotions.

Kesslan, The shop keep greeting you warmly, although a tear in his eye would seem to indicate his smile maybe forced. "Welcome, welcome.". He hands you a whicker basket to shop around with. You notice a boy and a girl playing Justice and the vampire. Right now the girl, with a scarf arround her face, is on top of a couple barrels giving a small playful shreik, while the boy pretend snarls as if a vampire. The kids can't be more than six.
Suddenly while you are shopping arround a young boy comes in very excited.
" Paul, Paul you should have seen it! I think there was a vampire in your store room! One of the heroes blasted it!". The girl atop the barrels gives a real shreik in surprise and fear.

Gm clarification
- UV greanades deal 2d10 in a medium burst template to vamps. 5/10/20.
-Kesslan, they accept creds, and normally there would be a 20% mark up, but for you they give you book prices.
-repeating crossbow, 2d6, ap 2 15/30/60, rof:3, 36 shots. Str min d6, 12lbs
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:Cantrel, Paul shakes his head sadly at the mention of Dorean and vampires. " No we have never had much problems with vampires. Legends and rumors tell of an old hag that lurks in the Northern woods. Some say she steals the babies right out from the crib. That might be true, it seems for about the last 15 or years, every few years a baby goes missing, never more than a year old. If you hadn't proven your heroics to Bronze he might have given you the once over, as we can tend to sometimes get suspicious of strangers.". His voice quivers as it is planfully obvious that talking about this subject brings up some powerful emotions.
"Hmm. Well, like I said, we'll see if we can't put an end to the disappearances, whoever or whatever is behind them," Cantrell says. She raises the crossbow in thanks: "This will help do the trick, no doubt. Thank you again."

Slinging the crossbow and quiver of bolts across her back, she heads out into the streets. She had questions, and straight answers didn't seem to be forthcoming from the more respectable sorts in town ...
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Kesslan readily pays for the items, only to be distracted by the mention of a vampire in the store room. Though with it having been dispatched he's a little less concerned, but none the less decides it's best to sniff around town a little more and see if he can't find any more before they cause problems. Of course with all the 'background noise' this town seemed to have, that might be a little easier said than actually done.
OOC Comments
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
Psychich Sense: +2
Total: 7

Tracking: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
Ace Die [dice]4[/dice]
Tracking By scent/psychich sense (If applicable) +2
Total: 9
I bring the fire
Bennies: 6
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
ISP: 20/20
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus arrives to the store, and greets Minni and Paul Deerfield.
"Nice place you got here! I was wondering, I was told I can buy a nice Repeating Crossbow here, is that so? How much it cost?"

Markus "Mark" Berger
Veteran M.A.R.S. Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+2 w/Armor), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+2 w/Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7); Strain 12/12
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Bennies: 2
Wounds: 0
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Paul looks up from his plate of food and quickly sets it down. He goes over to the display case and takes out the reapeating crossbow. The crossbow itself clearly looks like it has been well made, and maintained. He checks the price tag, " Well friend, it looks like about 8,000 credits. You guys did right by us, so I would be willing to give you one of our regular crossbows and some quarrls free of charge.". His gaze drifts briefly over to the last two normal crossbows.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus smiles.
"I appreciate the gesture. I promise to return it to you before we leave town, and after the vampires are dealt with. It is good a town like this is well provisioned with weapons. Danke."
He looks around the store some more, and gets to the children's section.
Scrounger Edge Streetwise Roll: [dice]0[/dice]
He starts playing with some of the toys, remembering good times in the NGR. Suddenly a bright colored toy catches his eye. He grabs it, smiles, and turns towards the store owners.
"How much for this super-soaker?"

Markus "Mark" Berger
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Paul is handing Markus the crossbow and quarrels. His eye brow raises quizically at the well provisioned comment. He shrugs, " I wouldn't be much of a general store if we did not have items for travelers or townsfolk. In this world it pays to be instock.". He laughs at the super soaker, " I think Carol procured that a few weeks ago for one of the young boys in town. If he left it here it probably means he forgot about it. Yeah you can take no problem.". He smiles waiting to see if there is anything else Markus needs.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

"Nothing else, thank you very much."

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

As Markus is just about ready to leave, Major Fitzbad comes in looking for him.
He nods friendly to Markus, " Markus, I thought I might find you here, umm do you have a sec.". The major looks arround warily, and steps into a seculded corner of the store. Keeping his voice low it is nevertheless full of sincerity. " You are different from your companions, you strike me as someone who holds our beliefs. I was serious before, the fight for humanity could use you. Whatever happens with this master vampire aside, assuming we make it out I can make sure you find a home in the coalition..." . Something seems to make him uncomfortable, but the sincerety and concern for Markus remains true. " At the very least you should find another path after you leave town."
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus smiles sincerely, and puts a hand in the Major's shoulder.
"Yes, I am different. And I do share your values, if not some of your politics. We in the NGR believe culture and knowledge are very important to the rise of humankind, and the coalition uses ignorance in a misguided attempt to unity and control. I thank you very much for your offer, and I know you have my back. But I have only one home, back in the NGR, and I will go back someday, after my mission is over. But right now, my orders are to stay here and help my companions. And as soldiers, you know we follow our orders."

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The Major figits a bit more. Clearly there is some kind of delema going on in his head. Very similiar to how he acted at the bridge. Markus notices the major figiting with a slip of paper in his pocket. Almost as if he is trying to decide to give it to Markus or not. In the end he does not.
With no small measure of sadness in his voice he tells Markus, " I understand. Yes orders, we all have orders. My men and I will be ready to hunt down this master vampire. Come by our command tent or and our com frequency is this. "
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus, also with a sad face, nods at the major.
"To bad the brass sometimes don't know the realities on the field, and send us goons into bad missions. You, and your men, are needed in the fights ahead. The team I am now is powerful, and has many resources. They could take on the master vampire, and other threats, causing a lot of damage. It would be best to avoid causing a loss of material and lives that won't help humanity. I just hope, when the vampire is dealt with, we are able to leave town without causing any more grievance to the good people of the town, or the coalition. I know my team don't want to hurt any humans, and I think if left alone they won't cause any more problems."
He smiles at the mayor.
"Would you like if I go with you guys against the Vampire? It would be an honor."

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The Major nods to Markus. " Yes orders are orders. We will watch your backs and make sure this town does not suffer from any nearby vampires.". More evolved the Major walks out leaving Markus alone with his thoughts. Just before Markus leaves Mr. Durban the owner of the nice inn and bar called the Lady of Justice walks in asking Paul for some more flour. Apparently a large cake is being prepared. Markus sees during heir conversation Durbin drops to the floor clutching his head. Paul also does the same thing. The both look to each other as if remembering something. " Dwalin?" they both blurt out.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

MArkus seems surprised.
"Are you both ok? What happened? Who is Dwalin?"

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Bane

Post by Bane »

Bane takes the Necromancer into custody and escorts him to the garage and radios Markus "Hey Markus, I have a suspect for you to interrogate. A necromacer. I would help you if I weren't strapped for time on the second scouting mission, but maybe you can get Jude to help you. Hey Max, Kesslan I need one of you two to stay behind to guard the prisoner."
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Toughness: 8 (3)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)
PPE: 12/20
Bennies: 1

Alts: Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes

Return to “Silver Bluff”