Silver Bluff- Mystical Babies

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Silver Bluff- Mystical Babies

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The mystical babies are located in their respective homes to the south. [You can visit all three during a scene time with no penalties.]

The Richards farm [human]
This is one of the Southern Mudflats, by noon time, Mr. Marvin and Bell are also at this area examining some of the nearby worm fields.

Good Aunty Thistle [premature newborn Krave]
Thistle invited Jude over for lunch and has prepared a delicious meal. She is also makes her own moonshine so has some alcohol on hand.

Qwents[quick-flex]
Mr. Quan, Mrs. Qestel, there two boys Quartin, and Questor have a huge spread of meat and eggs. There home is right next to their live-stalk pens. Quan invited Markus to lunch.

Anyone who visits the babies can see adoring parents or a loving aunt. They are all grateful for your timely intervention.

GM Clarification
-All babies are under a year old
-Detect Arcana reveals yes the babies are magical
-Exalted arcana reveals they have AB super powers, 20 ppe
-Good Aunty baby is the one Lucretia saved from drowning has greater healing as his power. Name is Krave
-Richards farm- if you cast it you get to decide what power, and babies name
-Qwents- if you cast it you get to decide what power, and babies name
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Silver Bluff- Mystical Babies

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice and Common Knowledge
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Total=6

Common Knowledge [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Total=9
Raise

Silver Bluff/Aunt Thistle’s place
Noon

As the others headed to the inn for lunch, Jude sauntered down the road to where he was told Thistle lived. He paused at an open lot to pick some wild flowers. He stopped at the little fence around the small house and knocked on the wood.

“Hello!” he called, announcing himself. “It’s Jude.” Then he paused, growing quiet and cursing himself. You probably just woke the baby, Jude. Great job!
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

You smell hot apple pie wafting through one of the open windows as you approach. Thistle greets you warmly she has the baby cooing in a rocking crib. "Flowers for me Jude you should not have..." Her voice falters slightly, as she greets you. You notice three things about her.
(1 Her hair is drapped conspicously over one side of her face[it was not like that when you saw her in the morning, and it does little to conceal the bruise from your hawk like vision].
(2 She is wearing a yellow summer dress that is absolutely stunning
(3 She is also wearing an interesting necklace. Hanging on the end of a gold chain is a hexagonal shaped peice of metal adorned with golden gem stones.

From inside the house you hear a shuffling and someone yells in a gruff crochety voice, slighly slurred, "well is dat him, yer Feller?"
Thislte sheepishly smiles at Jude as if asking for some kind of forgiveness, " My Dad it seems will be joining us, I hope you do not mind.". Her voice drops to a whisper she pulls Jude in close trembling, " Oh Jude I am sorry, I didn't know he would be here. Please come in I couldn't bear to be left alone with him."

What next Jude?
Added a gm edit, seems there was some confusion on the three things Jude noticed.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Total=5

Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Total=3

Noon

Jude smiled as he hopped the fence and approached Thistle. His gaze went over her in that delightful yellow sundress. He held out the flowers, but as she took them his smile faltered.

“What’s this?” he asked the attractive young woman, reaching up and brushing her hair a little, inspecting the bruise. He heard the voice from inside, and put his arm protectively around Thistle as she drew him in close.

“Of course I won’t leave you alone with him,” Jude spoke softly. “Never.” His hand was a hard fist at her back for a moment before he relaxed it and caressed her back reassuringly. “And tonight, you bring the baby and you come stay with me at the inn if he’s still around,” he told her, kissing her forehead. “It’ll be okay.” HIs eyes cut to the house, going a bit cold and hard. His hand instinctively checked the laser pistol at his hip and the vibrosword strapped to the back of his armor.
Character Tracker
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Thistle looks up wide eye'd st her hero and nods. She enters the house and introduces Jude proper like to her father Daggen. Daggen looks to be maybe 60 fairly dirty as he usually works out in the mud fields. The meal is nice Sandwiches and potatoes salad, Thistle even explains how she makes the bread herself every morning out back. Apple pie for dessert, Jude might have never had apple pie, and this one was insanely delicious. The conversation is a bit awkward and strained, clearly Thistle did not expect her father to be over, and she is doing her best job to be curteous. While filling the water glasses with a pitcher he hand shakes a bit too much and spills water over the table.
Her father laughs at the mess and grins at Jude, " Oh just like you Thistle, your going to scare this one off with your clumsiness!". Thistle very appologetically starts to clean up the mess and leans over the table and her necklace hangs down with in reach. Daggen yanks on the necklace breaking the hexagonal pendant free from the chain. Daggen yells at her " What did I tell you about wearing this peice of junk?" . He laughs to himself, "I told you next time I see it I am going to sell it, I don't give two rats asses if Jessica gave it too you. You hear me!". Thistle dilodges herself off the table, fortunately this was at the end of the meal. The baby starts to wake a bit.
" Daddy please, the baby...". He reaches out holding Thistles shoulder in a vice like grip. She winces in pain but bites her lip. " That ain't no baby, vampire spawn, demonic origions. I got a few of my old friends stopping by...". He chuckles and muses, " From the old days in the Fed, they like the black arts, and could use such a vessel."
Thistle shakes her head desperately, " No no no" she wimpers. Daddy Daggen smacks her face.
" Now don't disrespect me girl especially in front of the great hero."

Lunch is so fun, what next?

Gm Clarification
-Daggen has the hexagonl pedant
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Total=3

Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Total=10
Raise

Noon
OOC Comments
Oh, hell… LOL Heroic hindrance.
Jude managed to make it through the meal seated across from Daggen. He made sure to praise Thistle’s cooking. The apple pie was especially delicious!

When Daggen grabbed the pendant, though, Jude’s hand slipped under the table to the laser pistol at his hip. When he struck the girl, the pistol came out and leveled at the man’s face.

“I think we’re done here, sir,” Jude said to the whine of the laser powering up. “Give the lady back her jewelry and walk out of here while you still can. The lady and the baby are under my protection, so if you and your friends have any ideas...well, come at me.”

Oh shit! Oh shit! Oh shit!

Intimidation
Intimidation [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
+2 for the laser pistol
Total=6
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

OOC Comments
[dice]0[/dice] resist the intimidation
Thoroughly frightened by Jude, Daggen drops the hexagonal shaped pendant on the table. He looks at his hand with horror.
Stammering he says, " I didn't want to Thistle, you made me... You made me..." Daggen rises and beats a hasty retreat out of the house. It takes the old crotchety man about 200ft before his courage returns. Through one of the windows you can both see and hear Daggen cry out from a few houses down the road. " This is not over Hero!"

Thistle tends to the baby quickly comforting it. Once the baby settles down Thistle sits next to Jude and shivers.
She looks up into his eyes and whispers, " Do you think he meant it? Taking Krave away?"

Nice Job Jude!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Total=5

Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Total=9
Raise

Noon

Jude let out a slow exhalation. He holstered his pistol and turned to Thistle, gathering the young woman in the protection of his arms. “We won’t take the chance,” he promised her, kissing her forehead gently. “Gather up what you need. I’ll take you to the inn.”

Jude paused, looking out the door, considering. “Who are these friends he mentioned? These Feds?” he asked her. “Why would they want the baby? And what about the other...special babies? Will they be in danger?”
OOC Comments
Hoo! Close one! LOL
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Thistle gathers some basic supplies and a change of clothes. Daggen sort of disapears from view as he starts wandering through the streets.

Thistle very grateful to jude puts the pendant back on and says, " I am not too sure about whom my father was talking about." She emphasizes father with a sense of bitterness. " He never spoke much about what he did before he settled here. He sometimes dissapears for weeks on end or spends much of his time at that dispicible watering hole Mud's. I do recall during that terrible war between the coalition and tolkeeen, some men came to him. They wanted him to come with them to tolkeen. Something about controling demons. He refused though..."

She shutters and wipes some tears. Cradling Krave she looks lovingly at the newborn. " Magical? Absolutely, did you see what Krave looked like when he was born. The Lady of justice took my poor sister into the water. Her body dissolved, I could barely see it myself, but there was Krave glowing with some kind of power...". She trails off looking up at Jude, with more tears welling up in her eyes. She smiles appologetically trying to dry her eyes, and she nods at Jude ready to go.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Lucretia's voice crackles over the radio.
"Jude, I don't know what you did to piss the old guy off, but I bet he deserved it. I need a quick run down on what happened. Skip any er... details... that you don't think are relevant. Also, I'd advise keeping that baby clear of town for a little while. It might not be safe and you might not like what you see."
Lucretia Altara Cyber-Knight (appears human) Alt of Ember
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Armor powered (1 hour), psi-sword, psi-shield, cyber-armor active (indefinite)
Sunlight pendant (30 minutes)
Bennies: 4/3
Parry: 10, -2 to be hit by technological weapons [13 with psi-shield]
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Pace: 8, run d10
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Charisma: +2(mods: +2 if respect CK, -4 if recognized as Altara)
Other: Blind-ish: Notice auto fails for color, text, and flat images
Click here to edit your signature
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Total=4

Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Total=4

Noon

Jude held Thistle close. He kissed her tears away. “I don’t know much about magic,” he admitted. “But no one will get their hands on your baby.”

Jude stepped away a moment to respond to Lucretia and then looked back at Thistle. “What about the other babies?” he asked. “I think we should get them all together where you can be protected, in case these ‘Feds’ want more than just Krave. Do you know anywhere outside of town that might be safe?”

Jude helped Thistle pack a bag. “Whose baby is closest to here?”
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

"Jude, a farmhouse or something. Something on the outskirts of town."
Her voice seems to distort somewhat towards the end of her message.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]10[/dice]
Total=11
Raise

Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Total=6

Noon

Jude frowned a little as Lucretia came on the radio. “You okay, Top Dog? You sounded a little...off there at the end.”

Turning back to Thistle, Jude said, “I don’t think we should stay here. Do you know of any building on the edge of town not being used? Preferably something...solid. Stonework, maybe?”
OOC Comments
Is there a roll for maybe remembering what he might have seen on the way into town or while around town? Notice and Common Knowledge above.

Investigation [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Total=4

Streetwise [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]
Ace [dice]11[/dice]
Total=16
3 Raises!

Survival [dice]8[/dice]
Wild [dice]9[/dice]
Total=4
Last edited by Jude Maverick on Mon May 15, 2017 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Thistle is holding onto Krave with a bag full of sundries. She looks at Jude with some amount of fright on her face.
"Ahh, Ahh, a solid stone building. The Richards farm in the furtherest homestead, mostly made of stone... There might be another place by the falls, I don't even know if it is still there. No one is allow to go there, its not safe. ". She grabs Jude feircly, " Please don't let anything happen to my father. He wasn't always like this. Something happened to him in the war. Its like his soul became twisted, not all at once just little by little.". She fights back the tears like a champ. "I have more good memories of him, a happy child hood. I don't know what happened to my dad. Its like sometimes I do not even recognize him."

OOC Comments
Sent you a pm about another location. If you go to the other location, stay in the mystical babies forum, but make a notice roll( i did say it was not safe).
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 6
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 11
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]

Noon

Jude considered the locations Thistle told him. He remembered spotting the farmhouse near the destroyed southern bridge, two stories, first floor brick. He didn’t know what kind of man Richards was, though.

Jude also recalled the tower on the southeastern outskirts of the town near the Silver Bluffs waterfall. What was dangerous about it?

Jude looked to Thistle when she pleaded for her father. “It might be up to your father, dearie,” Jude said. “I can’t ask my friends to take a plasma bolt if he starts something.” He gave her a hug. “Hopefully when he can’t find you this will blow over. Maybe I should take you and the baby away from here,” he admitted.

Jude took the bag from Thistle to carry so she could focus on the baby. He headed to the southeast edge of town and the old stone tower by the falls. If nobody went out there, that would make it safer, and he wouldn’t have to trust this Richards guy to keep his mouth shut, or risk Richards being a friend of Daggen’s.

As the broken tower rose up ahead, Jude pulled out his laser rifle. “Keep quiet,” he warned Thistle.
Stealth 4
[dice]4[/dice]
[dice]5[/dice]
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

As you approach the tower, about a half an hour walk from the town center, the sound of the Silver Bluff water fall drowns out almost all sounds. Thistle just stopps dead in her tracks about 15 feet from the tower. " Oh Jude, what is this place, no no no... I can't go in, we are not allowed, not allowed, not allowed!". Something is clearly wrong, she drops the baby and pendant, plus any other personal effects. The look of irrational terror spreads accross her face as she backs away.
" No! Not allowed, too dangerous.". She screams at Jude, " I can't!"
OOC Comments
Persuation roll,at -4 to get her to come with you.
There is no sign of danger.
If you get into the tower, really the only interesting thing is a ladder that goes down, into the caverns below, and some TW parts, and copper tubing laying arround.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 4
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 7
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]

Silver Bluff/Tower at the falls
Noon

Jude is rather shocked at Thistle’s reaction, especially when she drops the baby! He quickly scoops up the crying infant and the pendant, slipping the one into his pocket.

“Thistle! Thistle, it’s all right!” Jude assured her, pulling her tight against him, his breath warm against her ear as he whispered comfort and assurance to her. “There’s nothing here. Just an empty tower. What are you so afraid of? I’m here. I won’t let anything hurt you, I promise.”

Thistle calmed down in his arms after a few minutes. “Watch the baby, think about the baby,” he told her, easing the infant into her arms. With his arm around her they went into the tower.

Jude looked around. There didn’t seem to be anything here. Some copper tubing and techno-wizard parts that Jude didn’t really understand lay scattered around, and a ladder went down through the floor into what looked like caverns below.

“Do you know what’s down there?” Jude asked Thistle, leaning over to look down the ladder.
Persuasion 13 2 Raises
[dice]4[/dice]
[dice]5[/dice]
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Thistle drops to one knee. After a moment she shakes her head looking arround as if seeing this tower for time.
She breathes, " I remember this place. I used to come her as a kid with Dwalin Lighthelm, all us kids did. If we were introuble or just wanting sme fun. He would show us these amazing devices.". She looks arround and sees the ladder. " A most beautiful cavern is down their, Dwalin once showed me it at night, with the moon lit waterfall thundering past its mouth. Breathe taking.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 7
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 4
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]

Noon

“Thistle, are you okay?” Jude asked with concern, helping her to stand again. She seemed to shake something off, her fear gone, replaced with wonderment, almost a whole different person.

“Well, it sounds suitably safe,” Jude said. “Not to mention romantic.” He flashed a winsome smile at her. “Let’s go down, make sure you and the baby are safe.”

Jude took the baby and Thistle’s things so she could descend the ladder first, and then followed, looking around in amazement at the cavern and the fall of the water at the opening.

Hearing the chatter on the radio, Jude keyed up. “Jude is here. I’m fine. I’m someplace safe with Thistle and the baby.” He didn’t want to say where, unsure of who might be nearby his teammates, or listening in on their comms.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Lucretia's voice - sounding again as it should - crackles through on the radio.

"Jude, the situation in town is resolved. It's safe to return. Uh, anyone going scouting meet at the garage. We can discuss what we've found out by radio, we'll have some time to kill"
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The Water-Fall Cavern
It is a good 60 foot ladder climb to reach the bottom of the cavern floor.
This cavern seems fairly natural, stalagtites and stalagmites made of blue crystals abound. Copper TW enchanted piping snakes along the roof of the cavern. The water fall is nearby and its rymic crashing is quiet romantic. The copper piping ends in a funnel about 5 ft away from the waterfall. Some of the water is being drawn toward the funnel but first it passes through a swirling fiery vortex. Directly underneath the vortex is some kind of arcane circle that time and water has all but erased.
Thistle looks arround in amazement. She shakes her head and grabs Jude's hand. " This was not here when I was a kid."

Gm Clarification
-Techno wizardry roll: While excessive and expensive this set up would provide the town water forever in theory, the red fiery vortex seems very much so out of place.
-Dog Boys/Detect Arcana: This would be a natural assumption that this vortex is the magic you detected topside near the still. However the sheer amount of supernatural energy pouring into the room makes it hard to smell anything.
-Kn Arcana on the circle -4 the circle would be used in a ritual designed to unlock a gateway. Normally a ton of PPE would be needed for such a ritual and it would be conducted at a Lay Line.
-Notice -4: a faint moaning can be heard coming from the wall from a secret room.

Let me know if you want to keep looking around, or if you want to go back up.
Attachments
IMG_0083.JPG
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

"I'd planned on coming with you all to the ley line, but unless you really need me there I'm thinking I ought to stay here and keep an eye on things with the prisoner," Cantrell says over her comm. "Markus seems a little ... over-eager ... and I've got a few questions, myself, about why these Federation goons are so interested in the town's babies. Just keep us updated on the radio about what you find, and we'll do the same. Same goes for you, Jude -- when you stop chattering, I start wondering what trouble you've gotten yourself into."
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 4
[dice]8[/dice]
[dice]9[/dice]
Common Knowledge 6
[dice]10[/dice]
[dice]11[/dice]

Noon

“Top Dog. Jude here. I’m going to poke around here for a bit, but I’ll be back to town soon,” Jude replied.

“Same goes for you, Jude -- when you stop chattering, I start wondering what trouble you've gotten yourself into," Cantrell added.

Jude smiled and returned, “Feel the love, Nadya, feel the love.” He paused. “By the way, what are you wearing?” he asked teasingly.

Jude returned to Thistle’s side, gazing in wonder at the blue crystal formations, the fall of water, and the odd pipes and funnel and mystical doodads. He gave Thistle’s hand a reassuring squeeze. “Obviously someone went through a lot of effort. Why keep it quiet, though?” he wondered.

Jude opened his comm again. “Um...got something here at the old tower outside of town that Glasses might want to look at,” Jude reported.

Jude looked at Thistle. “Make yourself comfortable. I’m going to poke around a bit,” he told the attractive young woman. He gave her a kiss on the cheek and turned back to the contraption, walking around the faded arcane circle, studying it. He pulled out some paper and pencil and started to scratch out a crude drawing.

“This is some impressive set up,” Jude commented, talking his way through his thought process. “I don’t know much about techno-wizardry, but this seems excessive and expensive, but it does mean your town probably won’t ever run out of water as long as this remains in place and the falls continue.” He tapped the copper tubing. “I’m not sure what this fiery vortex is, though.”

Jude knelt down next to the faded circle. “And this is some kind of ritual for unlocking a gateway, if I’m reading the runes correctly. But it’s odd that it’s here. There’s no ley line nearby, and this would need a lot of power.”

Jude paused, his head rising from his contemplation of the circle and the paper on his knee where he was jotting down notes.

“Do you hear that?” Jude asked. He stood again, tucking the paper and pencil away, and wandered around the chamber again. He ran his hands along the walls and then stopped, finding a golf ball sized hole. Putting his ear next to the hole, he heard the moaning that had caught his attention, even over the roar of the falls and the echoes of the cavern.

“Someone’s in here,” he warned Thistle, motioning for her to take baby Krave and go back by the ladder.

Jude pulled his laser pistol and then slipped a finger through the hole in what was supposed to be a secret door, attempting to pull it open.
Techno-Wizardry 4
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
Kn Arcana 4
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]6[/dice]
Notice 7
[dice]4[/dice]
[dice]5[/dice]
Ace [dice]7[/dice]
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Libertas Magicum »

"That's 'Goggles' to you, pal. You're out at the tower? Okay, I can come; seems like things have gone a bit screwy, so it'll be a bit before we can deal with the box, anyway."
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Lucretia's voice comes over the radio.
"Jude, there's been a couple ... um... situations in town, and your diplomatic skills may be necessary."
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Hidden Chamber
This chamber is fairly grizzly.
The room is a giant half circle. The center of the room is a Floating red orb [see picture]. It is deep red as if made from shiny skin. Something inside the orb pulsates with a thump, thump in a distinct rhythm! Just looking at the orb makes your skin crawl and heart skip a beat. The orb radiates so much evil that it is almost nauseating. Anyone that is tapped into the mystic in any way or has the ability to sense danger has their spines tingling as it is clear to you that this orb wants to pull something out of you. There is a hole in the ceiling that allows daylight to come into the chamber as if a soft torch ( Keep in mind it is a good 40ft to the surface ). All along the wall are skeletal remains long since devoid of life, about 25 in all. There is one figure still with life and chained to the wall. A dirty grey cloak obscures his features, except his wrist and hands which look unimaginably gaunt. You can catch sight of his pointed ears as well. This is the figure writhing and moaning in pain, and each time the orb pulsates he calls out with little strength, " The heart, the skeletons are after my heart."

GM Clarification:
-It is a terribly evil stench comes off this orb, almost as if you are looking at a demonic heart.
-Anyone with an arcane background, or psionics knows in their heart this orb will begin to drain their energy as soon as they step into the room ( Dramatic Task time )
-Anyone entering the room will need to make the below check:
-A fear nausea check no negative modifiers
Attachments
demon heart dais.jpg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Cantrell's voice comes over the radio:
<<Jude, how are you doing? Need our assistance with anything? Markus and I are looking to take ourselves out of sight and out of mind for a bit>>
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

• Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 4
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 5
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]

Noon

"That's 'Goggles' to you, pal. You're out at the tower? Okay, I can come; seems like things have gone a bit screwy, so it'll be a bit before we can deal with the box, anyway," Libertas spoke up.

"Jude, there's been a couple ... um... situations in town, and your diplomatic skills may be necessary," Lucretia said.

“Understood. I’ll be back as soon as I can. Sounds like you all have been having fun without me! I might be a tad jealous, Lucy,” Jude replied.

“Jude, how are you doing? Need our assistance with anything? Markus and I are looking to take ourselves out of sight and out of mind for a bit,” Cantrell added.

“I don’t know, Nadya. There’s some...weird shit down here,” Jude replied. “Like something Hornhead should look at. Seems to be in his wheelhouse. But I found someone down here.”

Jude turned back to the cavern. “Thistle, just stay back by the ladder,” he reasserted before turning toward the pointy-eared man chained to the wall. “Oh, damn, that’s a lot of skeletons…”

Jude stared at the strange, pulsating red orb. At least the room was lit. He looked up at the hole in the ceiling forty feet up that let in daylight. “Okay, buddy. The skeletons aren’t moving, so I really don’t think you need to worry about them,” Jude assured the stranger. “I hope…” he muttered under his breath.

Jude stepped into the room. He kept close to the wall, even though it meant having to pick his way through skeletons as he made his way over to the man. “I don’t suppose you happen to have a handy set of lockpicks handy on you, fella?”

Spirit 10
[dice]4[/dice]
[dice]5[/dice]
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

As you approach the man, you can definitely see that it is a gaunt, emancipated elven elderly man. His dirty cloak and clothes seem like they have not been washed for a couple of years [from the smell that might be the case]. His hands are shackled to the wall with a fairly basic looking lock and chain. Once a few feet from him the even man starts muttering incoherently.
" The skeletons, the skeletons, they will take us to our grave. The skeletons, the skeletons, something from the unnatural they are made. The skeletons, the skeletons, beware the one with the giant glaive." A bad feeling overcomes the hidden chamber, the blood colored orb pulsates rapidly. Thump, Thump, Thump. The skeletons in the chamber clatter as if a gust of wind swept through them. One skeleton in particular is slumped against the wall, gripping a long polearm with a single blade at the end of it. Its hollow gaze seems to be following Jude, or maybe it is a trick of the light!

The elven man howls, he casts his eyes into Jude's. They are sunken to the point of almost not even being there. What little Jude can make out of them betray the man's horrific pain and torture.

What does Jude do next?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Libertas' voice comes over the radio. "Sarge and I are talking to someone about the clue we got earlier. You all got everything under control at your ends?"
OOC Comments
I do NOT expect Jude to answer at the moment--though he might surprise me. :lol:
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 4
[dice]5[/dice]
[dice]6[/dice]
Common Knowledge 10
[dice]7[/dice]
[dice]8[/dice]

Jude jumped in surprise as the skeletons rattled in the wind. “Fuck!” he said, putting a hand to his heart. “Let’s get you out of here, mate.” Jude pulled his pistol and shot at the lock and chain to free him. The old, brittle metal shattered and Jude bent down to help the elven man up and out of the chamber.

Shooting 19
[dice]0[/dice]
Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Ace again [dice]4[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]3[/dice]
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The old elven man cries out as he is hurried oit of the chamber. " The skeleton rises, he seeks the pain of the mystical!"
As Jude is leaving the chamber he could have sworn, the skeleton sitting looking at him with a deathless gaze grippimg its glaive began to rise... But if you hope hard enough, maybe it was the fading light.

Outside the chamber the elderly elf gasps shaking his head. He stands tall regaining much of his composure, he tries to be as dignified as possible despite wearing rags. Matter of factly as if as dressing a student he looks down his nose at Jude.
" Well it would seem one with no magical aptitute has become my savior, by great study or Luck I wonder." He looks arround and casts an apprasing eye on Jude.
" Luck it is then... No mages standing at the ready, not a magical weapon in sight...". He shakily sweeps his hand encompasing the small group gathered in the cavern. " You have wrought our doom Boy...". He mutters under his breath, " Not even Banethro would have been so foolhardy.".
A rattle and clank come from the hidden chamber, something this way comes! Thistle takes the arm of the old elf, handing Krave to Jude. " I'll get him up the ladder Jude! Take Krave.". With thistle's help the elf and her make their way up the old ladder. At one point halfway up the elf looses his grip but thistle steadies him and they continue up.

Clank, drag, clank!. A skeletal figure with a glaive in one hand appears at the doorway to the hidden chamber. Its eyes glow a dark purple, and shadow flame strikes out from hitting the ladder just below Thistle and the elf. Its bolt dystroys the bottom half of the ladder leaving Jude and baby Krave stranded. Thistle screams crying out for Jude. The old elf looks appraisingly at the situation below. He calls to Jude clutching krave and a good 20 feet below them, " Fly you fool. That is a mystic knight come back from the dead!". The elf points a finger back toward the hidden chamber, " Powered by the heart of Duriel its self!"

So what do you do now?

Gm Clarification
- Stay and we do a quick combat, Jude will be at -2 to his action roll to resolve that, as he is outmatched.
-Flee, we do a chase scene. You have two ways you can flee. Most likely after chase you still enter quick combat, but you probably are more evenly matched.
1) deeper into the cavern effectivly heading back to town.
2) out the waterfall, it is a drop but their are ledges and vines and such. You would either need to go up or down, assuming you keep hold of Krave you would be -2 to climb checks.
- Note: the chase will buy you time for allys to arrive. If say Libertas and Lucretia find you at the end of the chase, you will be +0 to the quick combat action roll.
-Note: quick combat is a fast combat where you make an action roll like fighting or shooting. Modified by situational modifiers. The result of the roll lets you know the outcome, and the player narrates accordingly.

Rules for quickcombat are here http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=70#p619
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 7
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 11
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]7[/dice]

“How do I get myself into these things…” Jude muttered as the death knight lumbered out of the other room. “Go back to town! I’ll catch up!” Jude yelled to Thistle. Wait, had the old elf mentioned Banethro?

Jude hit his comm as he tucked baby Krave into his arm. “Um, Top Dog? I got a problem here that seems more up your alley than mine. How are you against death knights?”

Fight or flight? Well, Jude usually prefered flight, but there were few good options. No ladder meant he couldn’t get out the way he had gotten in. That left the waterfall.

“Oh, St. Michael…” Jude murmured, crossing himself as he ran for the opening where the water cascaded down. He jumped over the ledge and reached out with his one free hand for a vine, the other clutching baby Krave closely.

Climb 8
This is going to be so bad...
[dice]4[/dice]
Ace [dice]8[/dice]
[dice]5[/dice]
Benny for Extra Effort
[dice]6[/dice]
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

OOC Comments
Don't Vagabonds make unskilled checks at d4, not d4-2? So you'd actually be at 10 on your miraculous Climb check.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

"I can handle it." Lucretia responds. "What's the fastest way to get to you from the town center?"
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Hearing Jude's radio message (or being told about it by Lucretia), Libertas groans and then nods. "Okay, Sarge, wait just a second." He pulls out some wires, small crystals and a couple gears from his pack, and cobbles together a device that gives off some ominous-looking sparks, and has Lucretia pinch one bare wire between thumb and forefinger while he does the same. "Right, let's GO!" And he presses one of the crystals, giving them both a jarring jolt of blue-white electrical energy.
OOC Comments
Okay, so, here's the deal. After discussing with Pender, we're abstracting the effects of this a bit, depending on the rolls.

Lib is constructing a speed Device with a Jolt Trapping, to basically crank Lucretia up to maximum Pace, then maintaining it until it burns out. His own Agility roll for cards will be at a -2, but the casting roll for speed will grant Lucretia extra cards (He figures getting her to the fight as fast as possible is the best use of his power right now).

Since he's doing the Build and the Activation of the Device in the same round, he suffers a -2 MAP. Both TW rolls, however, are normally at +4, so it nets to a -2 modifier.

So:

Building the device:

Build Roll: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Build: [dice]1[/dice]

That's the Raise on the Build roll!

Now to turn it on...

Activate speed: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Activation: [dice]3[/dice]
Benny for Extra Effort: [dice]4[/dice]

That's a 15 on the activation roll = a double-Raise = 3 cards!

For the record, even though it won't come up because the thing burns out before we get to the tactical part of things...

Lucretia briefly had a Pace of 20, a die-bump to her Agility, and runs as a free action.
The electrical jolt travels down through Lucretia's body all the way to her feet, which suddenly seem to almost zip out in front of her, even as Jude tells her the best route to take....

"Go, boss, I'll do my best to catch up!"
OOC Comments
And now for my own card...

Agility [dice]5[/dice]
Wild Agility [dice]6[/dice]

And that was my last bennie, so I don't get a card for round 1 of the chase at all. Good luck, guys!
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

This speed - a familiar feeling. Had Libertas jump-started her own power, or duplicated it?
Maybe I'll remember to ask later.

"I'm off."

And she was, rocketing ahead like a jackrabbit on an adrenaline high.
OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
4 +2 (Alertness) = 6

Running [dice]2[/dice]
In case it matters.

Chase (inc +1 die type from Jazz trapping)
Agility [dice]3[/dice]
Wild [dice]4[/dice]
9, Success with 1 raise
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 10
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Common Knowledge 18
[dice]2[/dice]
Ace [dice]5[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]

“I’m out by the waterfall!” Jude yelled into his comm. “There’s an old tower. It’s connected to the well somehow, delivering water. TW mumbo jumbo, and some weird arcane shi--” Jude covered Krave’s ears. “Bad juju.”

Jude swung from vine to ledge, trying to keep an eye on where that undead thing was, mind racing as to just how best to handle it if he couldn’t get away, or where to lead it. He shouldn’t bring it into town.

Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Undead Mystic Knight is a coming
Agility Roll for Chase [dice]0[/dice]
GM Bennie for a reroll Agility [dice]1[/dice]: 1 Card
Order of Chase
Waterfall Chase
Mystic Knight= Red Joker
Lucretia= Ace of Spade
Jude= Queen of Hearts
Libertas= No card ( Technically out of the chase for this round, but please post how this happens, unless you feel the casting post on Lucretia was enough)
GM Clarification Chase Rules, pg 94-95
  • You can only attack(do something to) someone that is lower in the order of the chase than you. Your card represents how close you get to that person you want to attack ( do something too). This is called having advantage.
  • Card meanings:
  • 2= out of range
  • 3-10= Long range ( normally a -4 to a range attack, any bonuses vs range mods would help cancel this)
  • Jake-Queen= Medium Range (-2 to ranged attacks)
  • King-Joker= Short (no penalty) and Melee attacks are allowed at no modifier.
    Note: a player may engage in melee/touch at medium or long range as long as they have advantage over the target. They take the range modifier as a penalty to this action.
    Speed: Calculate top speed by adding pace and maximium value of running die. +2 if you are faster than opponent, +4 if you are twice as fast.
For Example, Lucretia cannot attack the Mystic Knight because it is in an advantageous position this round of the chase, but Lucretia could take the baby from Jude. I am regarding the baby a small target so the knight is -4 to hit it, but that attack goes against parry, so someone with a high parry has a better chance of protecting the baby.
    [*] Jude cannot do anything to Lucretia or the Mystic Knight.
    [*] Libertas is out of position to do anything to anyone because he did not get a card.
    [*] The Mystic Knight is in a position to do something to anyone, Most Likely attacking baby Krave.[/list]

At the end of your post, roll Agility so I know how many Cards to give you.
    Jude you are essentially controlling the Chase. At the end of your post let me know the direction you are heading, If you want to turn and fight it, aided by Lucretia, since it has the advantage of this round, you both would be at a -4 to your combat roll as it is also a tough hombre. Conversely if you were are able to turn and fight it with all your companions at your side and one of your companions gaining advantage you would be at even rolls ( Not this round, but maybe next).

A Romp through the Silver Bluff Falls: Scene 1 of a 3 round chase
    Leading up to the waterfall Lucretia( Lucretia is clearly ahead of Libertas) and Libertas see an old ruined tower. Two people seem to be coming out of it, disheveled and shaken. One is the young woman named Thistle, and the other is a gaunt, smelly elder elf. Thistle points towards the waterfall " Oh the Lady of Justice! Jude... He went through the water fall. That thing was behind him!"
    The elf it seems still has strength to chide the woman, matter of factually he tells her, " Things have names, that was a mystic knight... Undead brought forth by the heart of the lord of vengeance!"
    Past the ruins there are a few jutting rocks and submerged flora and fauna jutting out of the rushing water. Then it is a 200ft drop called a waterfall. Vines and foliage twist through the falling water make a climb down doable. There is a fair sized pool at the bottom marked with just a few rocks perfect for diving off if you are crazy or possibly a lithe acrobatic cyberknight.
    OOC Comments
    No roll needed, it is handled in the abstract of the chase...
    The undead knight splashes into the water, its glaive catching the fading sun light sparkling like a becon for all to see. At the sight of such a monster a traveler passing through on a nearby bridge cries out in horror.
    OOC Comments
    Jude can see the traveler's destination a small wood cabin nearby.
    Bolts of purple death energy fire all around Jude temporarly cutting off his mean's of a quick escape. The creature's eyes seem transfixed on its sole objective, the baby Krave. The knight lets out a horrifying guttural moan, " The heart must feed." With a quick step the undead skeleton strikes out with its glaive trying to hit the baby Krave.
    Undead Knight disarming strike
    :
    Disarming the baby.-4 to hit a small target -2 for the disarm.
    Fighting: [dice]2[/dice]
    GM Bennie to Reroll Fighting: [dice]3[/dice]
    The Creature moans in failure, seeing that trying to simply rest the baby from Jude is perhaps not a winning strategy.
    Agility for Next Chase scene
    Agility: [dice]4[/dice]
    Attachments
    Mystic knight undead.jpg
    Mystic knight undead.jpg (15.8 KiB) Viewed 30075 times
    Bottom of Silver Bluff Waterfall.jpg
    Field Team Six Bennies
    3/6
    Libertas Magicum
    Bronze Patron
    Bronze Patron

Libertas takes off after Lucretia, and starts out okay--his Speed effect making him faster than Lucretia's normal pace should be plenty good enough to get him to the fight on time... at least, until he stumbles and trips over the root of a tree. He's not injured--not even badly shaken. But the strap on his goggles snaps, sending it sprawling. In a move that any fan of the Golden Age show about the mystery-solving kids and their dog would recognize, he has to spend several moments feeling around for the goggles frame before resuming the run.
    OOC Comments
    For a Bennie, Mr. Gamemaster Sir, we can even say the goggles cracked... easy enough to repair in town, but he'll suffer the Bad Eyes penalty for the rest of this encounter, at least..

And, since bargain was accepted....
    He finally locates the goggles and puts them up to his eyes... and immediately curses up a blue streak, as the world is portrayed in a splay of cracks and blurry patches at the places where glass has actually fallen out. Right, make do as best can.... And steeling himself, he continues on as best he can through the blurry, incohate world he now inhabits.
    OOC Comments
    Chase Round 2:
    Agility: [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild Agility: [dice]1[/dice]
    Bennie spent on Extra Effort: [dice]2[/dice]
    Bennie Ace: [dice]3[/dice]
    14 total: 3 cards next round, and no bennies!
    Last edited by Libertas Magicum on Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Libertas Magicorum
    OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Jude Maverick
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 10
    [dice]0[/dice]
    Ace [dice]6[/dice]
    [dice]1[/dice]
    Common Knowledge 5
    [dice]2[/dice]
    [dice]3[/dice]

“Shit! Shit! Fuck!” Jude exclaimed as purple energy exploded around him, momentarily cutting off escape. “Don’t tell your mom,” Jude told Baby Krave. So this undead thing had magic, too, not just a honking big sword on a stick! “If you’re hungry, I might have some snacks…” Jude quipped.

As the sword came down at the baby, Jude managed to pull out his own sword and bat it away. “Hey! It’s just a baby!” He said angrily.

The blow had overbalanced the monster, so Jude lowered his shoulder and plowed into the thing, knocking it over and scrambling out of the water. He’d spotted a small wooden cabin nearby. Did he dare bring this thing on some unsuspecting victim?

Jude veered toward the cabin. This thing seemed pretty intent on killing Krave. If he could get close enough to the cabin to attract the attention of its inhabitant, maybe they could get to town and get the rest of his team.

Agility 4
    [dice]4[/dice]
    [dice]5[/dice]
    Character Tracker
    I Know a Guy
    Adventure Cards
    Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Running more swiftly than any normal human could - not that she was either human or normal - Lucretia moves beside Jude.

It's after the child, not Jude. If I'm carrying him, it should follow me instead.
    "Jude, the baby will be safer with me."
    Though I'll be less able to defend myself with only one hand.
    She cradles Krave against her left shoulder, her psi-sword extending from her right hand ready to fend off the knight's attacks.
    OOC Comments
    Notice [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild [dice]1[/dice]
    2 +2 (Alertness) = 4

Action: "I've got the baby! Haha, stupid daikini..." [/Willow]

Agility: [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild [dice]3[/dice]
    Ace! [dice]4[/dice]
    Ace2! [dice]5[/dice]
    6+6+3 = 15; success & 2 raises, 1 shy of a 3rd raise - tempted to use a benny for extra effort, but 6 cards (I think?) ought to be enough.
    9/10 ISP
    Active effects:
    Jude Maverick
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 5
    [dice]0[/dice]
    [dice]1[/dice]
    Common Knowledge 10
    [dice]2[/dice]
    [dice]3[/dice]

Jude looked in surprise as something sped up next to him and he saw Lucretia. “Wow, you got here fast,” he said. “Part greyhound, Top Dog?” he quipped. And then Lucretia snatched the baby from him.

Okay, she was faster.

“Go!” Jude told Lucretia. “Get Krave to safety! I’ll cover you! You can come back for my body later...” he said wryly.

Jude turned to face the undead knight, slipping into a classic duelist pose with his vibrosword held out to the knight. With his other hand he gestured to the knight to come and get him.

Agility 9
    [dice]4[/dice]
    [dice]5[/dice]
    Ace [dice]8[/dice]
    Intimidation 7
    [dice]6[/dice]
    [dice]7[/dice]
    Character Tracker
    I Know a Guy
    Adventure Cards
    Pender Lumkiss
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Order of Chase
    Libertas= Queen of hearts ( Medium range, -2 to ranged attack)
    Lucretia= Queen of Diamond ( Medium Range, -2 ranged attack)
    Jude= 7 of hearts (Long range, -4 range attacks)
    Mystic Knight= No Card, Max Pace: 18, Toughness: 17(7), Immune to energy but magic energy does half damage, spirit vs Jude's intimidation [dice]0[/dice], first stike fighting [dice]1[/dice], damage: [dice]2[/dice] AP4
    Everyone has advantage over the mystic knight, at this scene everyone is at a medium or long range

GM Clarification Chase Rules, pg 94-95
    • You can only attack(do something to) someone that is lower in the order of the chase than you. Your card represents how close you get to that person you want to attack ( do something too). This is called having advantage.
    • Card meanings:
    • 2= out of range
    • 3-10= Long range ( normally a -4 to a range attack, any bonuses vs range mods would help cancel this)
    • Jake-Queen= Medium Range (-2 to ranged attacks)
    • King-Joker= Short (no penalty) and Melee attacks are allowed at no modifier.
      Melee/Touch: a player may engage in melee/touch at medium or long range as long as they have advantage over the target. They take the range modifier as a penalty to this action.
      Speed: Calculate top speed by adding pace and maximium value of running die. +2 to your agility roll if you are faster than opponent, +4 if you are twice as fast.
      Spells: Cast as normal, effect as normal, duration extends to rounds of chase

Silver Bluff Falls, Fallen Bridge.jpg
    Lucretia travels with all do speed around a bend, heading up the secondary water fall back to where this all started Jude valiantly tries to stand between her and the undead monster, but finds himself having to back pedal as the mystic knight's focus has now shifted and it goes after Lucretia. Libertas find a relative short cut emerging near the group as they approach the fallen bridge [where you encountered Soldad].

The mystic knight seems ill suited for this kind of chase, the vines, brush, and slippery rocks are constantly in its way and throwing off its aim. Bolts of purple hell fire rain down near Lucretia and Jude but to little effect. The monster's glaive is perhaps its greatest impediment as vines seem to hold it back constantly. Jude's constant harrying also does not help him catch his quarry. As it gets closer to the fallen Silver Bluff bridge it slips on a rock near the water's edge and goes tumbling down the bank almost into the water. It is clear he is at the disadvantage but the tumble took him out of melee range.

Priest of the Greenwood.jpg
    [/size]
    Jude catches sight of the strange traveler following the group up the secondary water fall. The traveler waves at Jude from the opposite bank, and smiles apparently the fear of the mystic knight has abated. Then by some means the man vanishes in a flurry of leaves, to only reappear next to Jude. The traveler is wearing soiled clothes covered by much of the forest. He appears fairly wizened. In a voice that sounds like bubbling water he asks Jude, " Would you wish for this creature to be washed away?"
    OOC Comments
    Everyone sees this strange fellow speaking to Jude. This traveler is the same traveler mentioned in the first scene of the chase
    If the mystic knight survives this round, make an agility roll
    Field Team Six Bennies
    3/6
    Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Lucretia sees an opening as the mystic knight draws near. With sudden shifts of momentum she dashes back, ducks under the knight's glaive, slashes at it's legs, and dashes forward again with almost no noticeable drop in speed. All the while she makes sure that her body is between baby Krave and the undead knight.
    OOC Comments
    Notice [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild [dice]1[/dice]
    5+2 (alertness) = 7

Free action agility trick (if allowed)
    Agility(+1 die) [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild [dice]3[/dice]
    Ace! [dice]11[/dice]
    Ace2! [dice]14[/dice]
    6+6+3+2 (Dirty Fighter) = 17 (opposed by agility), success = -2 parry to knight; raise = penalty & shaken

Melee Attack
    Fighting [dice]4[/dice]
    Ace! [dice]12[/dice]
    Wild [dice]5[/dice]
    12+6-2 (chase range) = 16

Damage (if needed)
    Str+Spr+Spr+2 (champion)
    [dice]6[/dice]+[dice]7[/dice]+[dice]13[/dice]+2 = 26

Raise Damage (if needed)
    [dice]8[/dice] + 26 = 30

Agility for next round (if needed), +1 die from speed boost jazz trapping, +4 for having more than double the knight's move (max run 30 vs 12)
    Fighting [dice]9[/dice]
    Wild [dice]10[/dice]
    7+4 = 11
    9/10 ISP
    Active effects:
    Libertas Magicum
    Bronze Patron
    Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
    Notice [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]

-2 to overcome Range to get to Lucretia:

Techno-Wizard fly (Fast) [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild Techno-Wizard fly (Fast) [dice]3[/dice]

Raise, no effect for that since it's the Stealth trapping and it's not nighttime. He spends 6 PPE to move at double-pace, though, while the spell lasts.
    As Libertas comes pounding up the trail behind Lucretia, he gives a shout. "Hand off! I'll get her to safety!" Assuming Lucretia doesn't resist, he takes the baby before she engages the Knight, then triggers the Beetle Box, going airborne on black wings. He immediately veers off, trying to get to the highest place he can--say, back up that nifty waterfall?
    Libertas Magicorum
    OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Lucretia's strike against the knight's legs - intended to sever tendons and hinder pursuit - does one better and separates the knight from it's legs completely. Seeing the knight tumble into three pieces, Lucretia turns and slips her blade into the undead creature's defenseless head, ending it's unnatural pseudo-life.

It's then that Lucretia becomes aware of baby Krave's terrified howling. handing the newborn over to Libertas, she grins sheepishly.

"I don't really know how to make them stop crying."
    9/10 ISP
    Active effects:
    Jude Maverick
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 7
    [dice]0[/dice]
    [dice]1[/dice]
    Common Knowledge 14
    [dice]2[/dice]
    Ace! [dice]8[/dice]
    [dice]3[/dice]

The undead knight veers off after Lucretia and Jude has to scramble to keep between them. Then the thing tumbles down the falls and Lucretia darts back, slashing at it and ending it.

“Damn, she’s fast…” Jude muttered.

Jude glanced over at the strange old man that had...teleported over next to them. “Yes, making that thing go away would be great,” he told the old man. “Though we seem to have it taken care of.” He eyed the corpse and then looked back at the old man. “Thanks for the help, though. And who are you?” he asked.

Krave started crying, and Jude stepped up again. “Here, let me help,” he said, cradling the baby in his arms. “Shh...We’ll get you back to Auntie Thistle soon,” he promised Krave, slowly rocking the baby in his arms.

Persuasion 12
    [dice]4[/dice]
    [dice]5[/dice]
    Agility 11
    [dice]6[/dice]
    [dice]7[/dice]
    Ace! [dice]9[/dice]
    Character Tracker
    I Know a Guy
    Adventure Cards
    Freemage
    Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Libertas is happy to hand off the crying baby to Jude. He looks at the old man quizzically as he does so.
    OOC Comments
    Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild Notice: [dice]1[/dice]
    GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
    OOC Comments
    GMC Bennies:
    • EJ 2/2
      Thoomba 0/2
      Khem 2/2
    PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
    *Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
    Serival Drumm, 24th COT
    *Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
    Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
    Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
    *Charon, Black Company
    *Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
    Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
    Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
    Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
    Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
    Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
    Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
    Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
    Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
    Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
    Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
    Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
    Pender Lumkiss
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The undead Mystic knight's bony withers away in a flash of dust. Its glaive hits the ground, with a solid clang. The head of the glaive itself upon a closer inspection would reveal arcane symbols etched into the blade. The wooden pole it was attached too, crumbles to bits.

The greenry dressed molting man raises an eye to Jude, " Who am I? I am the greenwood priest... Young Maverick." The man chuckles, " The old man by the river in Wichita Falls you gave a blanket to. I saw you and your lady friend feed the ducks, you even stopped then to bring me a bowl of soup... You may not remember me, but I have never forgotten that kindness." From the folds of his worn cloak splattered with moss he produces the hexagonal key, " That was quite a run and climb, one of my fish friends fetched it for you. Some kind of key if I am not mistaken."
    OOC Comments
    Yup lost it during the chase...
    The man nods to the rest of the group as he approaches the blade of the glaive... He pauses and smiles looking intently at it, " Well bless me, or blessed is the one who wields this... No doubt a member of the white rose and a hero... Or sadly was." He turns and shakes the hands of all that are there. He mumbles a prayer, " Where we walk the path is free. What we see will free our hearts. The river pushes through all obstacles."
    He touches the water of the river with a finger, and smiles at you disappearing into the mud and water itself... " Drink!" The river in the area where he touched is a still body of water, at least for the moment. Those that drink taste the most refreshing water they have ever known. You feel emboldened and ready for high adventure!

So what is next? Really you got time for 1 or 2 things before night has settled on Silver bluff and the afternoon scene is over.
    Field Team Six Bennies
    3/6
    Jude Maverick
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 7
    [dice]0[/dice]
    [dice]1[/dice]
    Common Knowledge 13
    [dice]2[/dice]
    Ace! [dice]6[/dice]
    [dice]3[/dice]

Jude sighed as the undead thing crumbled away and looked back at the old man. “Okay, yeah, I remember you,” he said, rather surprised. “Well, you looked hungry and cold a bit. And, well, that little act of kindness got me a very wonderful night with that young lady,” he said with a grin at the memory. “How are you here, then?”

Jude took the hexagonal trinket from the man, a bit surprised. “Must have fallen out when I jumped,” he mused. “A key? To what?” he wondered.

Jude followed the man over to the glaive blade and crouched down, studying it. “I don’t know what a White Rose is, but you say this is good magic?” But the old man was gone with a single command to drink.

Jude shrugged. He cupped a hand into the river and drank. He felt courage rise in his heart. Taking out his canteen, he emptied it and refilled it with the water. Then he dipped his finger in the stream and fed some to baby Krave.

Finally, Jude picked up the glaive blade and studied the runes. “Not sure who would use this best -- maybe you, Lucy? -- but we should have Banethro look at it maybe? And someone should take care of that demon heart thing in the cave,” he told Lucretia.

Knowledge Arcana 7
    [dice]4[/dice]
    [dice]5[/dice]
    Extra Effort because I have the bennies
    [dice]7[/dice]
    Character Tracker
    I Know a Guy
    Adventure Cards
    Libertas Magicum
    Bronze Patron
    Bronze Patron

Libertas almost seems to vibrate. "A key?!" He looks over and stares at it, then reaches out. "Yeah, that's it, alright!" Looking up at Jude, he grins. "That'll get us into the box in the library. May I?" He holds out his hand, eagerly.
    Libertas Magicorum
    OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

"N-no thanks." She says when Jude offers her the glaive. "I'm all the weapon I need."
    And if I fall, I'd rather not have easy means to dispatch you all.

She takes a drink of the river, and feels some of her fatigue wash away.
    I wish we could take some of that with us, but I have a feeling the magic wouldn't last.

"Right then. We have two tasks to deal with - destroy that heart and unlock that chest. Libertas, I need you for both. I know you are excited to open the chest, but the heart is the higher priority. This world is hard enough, being born demon-tainted is just too cruel, even if it does come with magic power. Corruption by power is the oldest demonic trick in the book."
    She sighs.
    "We need to tell at least few people about that. Jessica is the only one to grow to adulthood and she seems to have turned out well, but she was also being raised by Bronze - a truly good man. We can't tell everyone though... there might be a few zealots who decide they need to purge the town of the taint. Jessica deserves to know, and I trust Bronze with the truth. Well, that can wait until tomorrow."
    9/10 ISP
    Active effects:
    Libertas Magicum
    Bronze Patron
    Bronze Patron

Libertas only squirms a bit, and snaps off a sharp salute, though he'll still take the key if Jude lets him.

"Understood, Sergeant. I suggest getting started, then--Bane and I both should be there for this demonic heart, I think."
    Libertas Magicorum
    OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Jude Maverick
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 5
    [dice]4[/dice]
    [dice]5[/dice]
    Common Knowledge 10
    [dice]6[/dice]
    [dice]7[/dice]
    Ace! [dice]8[/dice]

Jude raised an eyebrow at Libertas’ enthusiasm. “Um, well, it’s not mine,” he said. “It belongs to Thistle. You would have to ask her, but I don’t know that she would object.” He handed the hexagonal pendant to the techno-wizard.

When Lucretia declined the glaive head, Jude nodded. “Think you could reforge this, or rig it up for me or something?” he asked Libertas.

“Who put that heart there, and why are they making magic babies?” he wondered. “But you’re right. It’s no good. I can show you where the heart is.”

[dice]2[/dice]
    [dice]1[/dice]
    [dice]0[/dice]
    [dice]3[/dice]
    Character Tracker
    I Know a Guy
    Adventure Cards
    Jude Maverick
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

OOC Comments
    Okay, I have no idea why it stuck a bunch of dice rolls at the end there... Sorry!
    Character Tracker
    I Know a Guy
    Adventure Cards
    Jude Maverick
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 5
    [dice]0[/dice]
    [dice]1[/dice]
    Common Knowledge 5
    [dice]2[/dice]
    [dice]3[/dice]

“It’s some kind of luck blade,” Jude commented to Libertas as they walked back, admiring the blade of the glaive. “And now that I think about it, I’m not so sure it’s a good idea if you or Banethro go near that heart. It felt like it was trying to…” Jude paused, trying to find the right words. “Trying to take something from me, pull it out, that I didn’t have. I think it might feed on magic. I didn’t get the feeling until I stepped into the chamber, so maybe if you stayed outside and advised me you might be safe, but I might have to be the one to destroy it.”
    Character Tracker
    I Know a Guy
    Adventure Cards
    Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

"The heart first, Libertas. I'm sure you can handle it. It's not right to let people keep drinking contaminated water if we can do something about it."

She might not be the best choice for leader, but this crew definitely needed someone to keep them in line at times.

"Jude, is Thistle safe? I'm not sure where she went after you separated. I'm sure she'd like to know that everything turned out all right."
    9/10 ISP
    Active effects:
    Libertas Magicum
    Bronze Patron
    Bronze Patron

He nods to Lucretia, then at Jude's comment, he gives another nod of understanding. "Never though I'd say this, but I think I wish we had Markus here for this. Okay, yeah, I can stand at the entrance and advise. And if it was trying to feed mystical energy, I'd say the Sergeant shouldn't go in, either. Sometimes psy vs. magic matters, other times not so much. If we're dealing with something vampiric, best to assume it'll affect anyone with supernatural juice."

He gives a quick smile as he looks over the blade. "Oh, hell yeah, I can get that on a proper mount for you."
    Libertas Magicorum
    OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Pender Lumkiss
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

A Return to the Cavern ½ an hour walk

It is a good 60 feet up to the partial ladder and hole in the cavern leading up the ruined tower. Thistle is poking her head down the hole keeping an eye out for Jude’s return. She yells, “ Jude you are all right!!”.
    This cavern seems fairly natural, stalactites and stalagmites made of blue crystals abound. Copper TW enchanted piping snakes along the roof of the cavern. The waterfall is nearby and its rhythmic crashing is quiet romantic. The copper piping extends away from the waterfall going down for about 3 miles to presumably the bottom of the well shaft. But on this side, it ends in a funnel about 5 ft away from the waterfall. Some of the water is being drawn toward the funnel but first it passes through a swirling fiery vortex. Directly underneath the vortex is some kind of arcane circle that time and water has all but erased.

Gm Clarification
    • Techno wizardry roll: While excessive and expensive this setup would provide the town water forever in theory, the red fiery vortex seems very much so out of place.
    • Dog Boys/Detect Arcana: This would be a natural assumption that this vortex is the magic you detected topside near the still. However the sheer amount of supernatural energy pouring into the room makes it hard to smell anything.
    • Kn Arcana on the circle -4 the circle would be used in a ritual designed to unlock a gateway. Normally a ton of PPE would be needed for such a ritual and it would be conducted at a Lay Line. But in theory if you killed enough magic users it might do the trick.
    The Chamber unhidden
    This chamber is fairly grizzly.
    The room is a giant half circle. The center of the room is a Floating red orb [see picture]. It is deep red as if made from shiny skin. Without a body to feed upon the orb is very still. Just looking at the orb makes your skin crawl and heart skip a beat. The orb radiates so much evil that it is almost nauseating. Anyone that is tapped into the mystic in any way or has the ability to sense danger has their spines tingling as it is clear to you that this orb wants to pull something out of you. There is a hole in the ceiling that allows daylight to come into the chamber as if a soft torch ( Keep in mind it is a good 40ft to the surface ). All along the wall are skeletal remains long since devoid of life, about 24 in all.
    demon heart dais.jpg
    GM Clarification
    • It is a terribly evil stench comes off this orb, almost as if you are looking at a demonic heart.
    • Anyone with an arcane background, or psionics knows in their heart this orb will begin to drain their energy as soon as they step into the room ( Dramatic Task time)
    • Anyone entering the room will need to make the below check:
    • A fear nausea check no negative modifiers. Jude is exempt from the check.
    • Kn Arcana, you might not know exactly what this orb is, but if reading countless tombs taught you anything you better bring some magic TW melee or magical Melee weapon to break it. Kn arcana with raise you know the below:
      • If breaking it with a mundane item, nothing happens
      • If breaking it with a magic weapon, or cyber knights psi-sword make a spirit roll. On a failure there is a brief flash of red light, the shattered orb reconstitutes itself, your body is gone, and now you are inside the orb… Now I need just 24 more souls to open my masters gateway. You are not dead! Just trapped.undefined
    Field Team Six Bennies
    3/6
    Libertas Magicum
    Bronze Patron
    Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
    Notice [dice]0[/dice]

Cavern TW [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild Cavern TW [dice]3[/dice]

Cavern Know Arcana [dice]4[/dice]
    Wild Cavern Know Arcana [dice]5[/dice]

Heart Know Arcana [dice]6[/dice]
    Wild Know Arcana [dice]7[/dice]
    Walking along, Libertas looks over the circle as they pass through the cavern. "Okay, two possibilities there--either they had a Ley Line running through this cavern back in the day, or a whole lot of wizards got murdered to make this work." He shakes his head.

And then they get outside the chamber. "Oh, unholy fuckballs. That's... foul. Yeah, Sarge and I have no business being in that room. What we need to do, Jude, is rig up that glaive blade on something to give you a bit of heft. I gotta warn you, it won't be easy--you'll need to put your will behind the swing, it's not just about physical strength."

He starts looking around for something suitable to use as a mount for the blade.
    OOC Comments
    Repair [dice]8[/dice]
    Wild Repair [dice]9[/dice]

Probably some sort of modifier on the roll for improvised materials.
    And comes up with nothing. "Damn. We might need to head back to town after all, boss, unless... Jude, do you think you can swing it without a handle?"
    Libertas Magicorum
    OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:Thistle is poking her head down the hole keeping an eye out for Jude’s return. She yells, “ Jude you are all right!!”.
    "Of course he is." Lucretia says with a smile. "Like that thing could hurt Jude. He's one of my best, you know. Dependable, responsible, and good with babies. He'll make a good husband, once he decides to settle down."
    I'm not sure if i just helped him seduce her or sent him running for the hills.

Libertas Magicum wrote:
    OOC Comments
    Notice [dice]0[/dice]

Cavern TW [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild Cavern TW [dice]3[/dice]

Cavern Know Arcana [dice]4[/dice]
    Wild Cavern Know Arcana [dice]5[/dice]

Heart Know Arcana [dice]6[/dice]
    Wild Know Arcana [dice]7[/dice]
    Walking along, Libertas looks over the circle as they pass through the cavern. "Okay, two possibilities there--either they had a Ley Line running through this cavern back in the day, or a whole lot of wizards got murdered to make this work." He shakes his head.

And then they get outside the chamber. "Oh, unholy fuckballs. That's... foul. Yeah, Sarge and I have no business being in that room. What we need to do, Jude, is rig up that glaive blade on something to give you a bit of heft. I gotta warn you, it won't be easy--you'll need to put your will behind the swing, it's not just about physical strength."

He starts looking around for something suitable to use as a mount for the blade.

And comes up with nothing. "Damn. We might need to head back to town after all, boss, unless... Jude, do you think you can swing it without a handle?"
    "We have to destroy this thing... you're right, I shouldn't go in there. If I have to though... I will."
    9/10 ISP
    Active effects:
    Libertas Magicum
    Bronze Patron
    Bronze Patron

OOC Comments
    Okay, per our GM, I actually got one more Bennie, so: spending a Bennie on that roll, to be added to the failed Repair roll via Extra Effort:
    Initial Repair roll from prior post: 3
    Repair Extra Effort: [dice]0[/dice]

Wow, that was like pulling teeth....
    "Wait, I think I got something!" Libertas manages to scrounge up a bit of piping, probably left from when the whole "infinite well" was set up.

"Okay, this is NOT going to last long. So you'll want to put everything you've got into that first swing, Jude." He may have stressed the Vagabond's name a bit heavy, there, just to make certain that Lucretia doesn't do the noble sacrifice thing. She's gonna have to watch out for that tendency.... "The good news is, I can help a bit more." He hands over the dubious makeshift weapon. "As you get close to it, I'll try to amp up your willpower a bit. Just give a high-sign when you're ready to swing."

As Jude gets close to the Demon Heart or whatever the hell that is, Libertas points the black-gemmed gauntlet at himself, and the white-gemmed gauntlet at Jude, and lets rip.
    OOC Comments
    Techno-Wizard Lower Trait [dice]1[/dice]
    Techno-Wizard Raise Trait [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild Die (for either effect): [dice]3[/dice]

A Raise: Jude will be at +2 die-types to Spirit when he swings!
    Libertas Magicorum
    OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

"Jude, if at any point you are uncertain, retreat. I'll do it."
    Not that I want to.
    9/10 ISP
    Active effects:
    Jude Maverick
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 6
    [dice]0[/dice]
    [dice]1[/dice]
    Common Knowledge 9 Raise
    [dice]2[/dice]
    [dice]3[/dice]
    Ace! [dice]6[/dice]

"Jude, is Thistle safe? I'm not sure where she went after you separated. I'm sure she'd like to know that everything turned out alright," Lucretia asked.

“I left her and Baby Krave with the old elf I rescued from the tower. I told them to head to town, but I’ll go look for them when this Heart is taken care of,” Jude promised.

They found Thistle at the tower. Jude gave her a hug and a quick kiss to reassure her. “Just a little thing to take care of down there,” he told her. “But there’s no more death knights.”

"Like that thing could hurt Jude. He's one of my best, you know. Dependable, responsible, and good with babies. He'll make a good husband, once he decides to settle down," Lucretia told Thistle.

Jude gave Lucretia a look. Oversell much? He turned back to flash Thistle his winning smile and then they descended into the depths once more.

Jude went to the door of the chamber and stared at the heart. “We can’t just blast it?” he asked. When Libertas assured them they needed to use the glaive, Jude nodded and took the makeshift weapon from the techno-wizard. “What is this? Baling wire and duct tape?” he asked, eying how the blade was fastened to the shaft of part of the ladder.

“Kiss for luck, Lucy?” Jude asked Lucretia with a grin.

Taking a breath, Jude steeled himself and stepped into the room again. He gripped the shaft of the glaive. “This ends now,” he muttered, and stabbed hard at the red orb. The orb shattered with a brilliant flash of red and a cacophony of deafening howls of anger and pain. Jude winced and ducked back out the door, tackling Lucretia and Libertas to the ground before the room exploded behind him, consuming skeletons, blood, and any residual arcana left in the chamber.

Spirit 9 Raise
    [dice]4[/dice]
    [dice]5[/dice]
    Ace! [dice]7[/dice]
    Character Tracker
    I Know a Guy
    Adventure Cards
    Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Lucretia side-steps the tackle and stands to the side of the chamber entrance, the blast-cone of detritus missing her completely.

"Good work, Jude..."
    She offers both of her teammates a hand up and brushing dust, bone fragments and other stuff probably best not thought about from their hair and shoulders.
    "...but that's still not my name. Libertas, did we just wreck the town's well? Is that something you might be able to fix, later?"
    9/10 ISP
    Active effects:
    Libertas Magicum
    Bronze Patron
    Bronze Patron

"If nothing else, I should be able to rig up a mundane pipeline to the well, using the older parts as a basis. It'll need a filtration system and maybe a pump, but it should be doable."
    Libertas Magicorum
    OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Jude Maverick
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Notice 3
    [dice]0[/dice]
    [dice]1[/dice]
    Common Knowledge 11
    [dice]2[/dice]
    [dice]3[/dice]

Jude took Lucretia’s help up and shook his head, dust and bone fragments falling from his unkempt, dirty blonde hair. “Well, wasn’t expecting that,” he admitted. “I could really use a drink right now.”

Picking up the glaive -- the makeshift shaft now broken -- Jude headed back toward the ladder and rope to climb out and rejoin Thistle.
    Character Tracker
    I Know a Guy
    Adventure Cards

Return to “Silver Bluff”