Silver Bluff OCC comments

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Silver Bluff OCC comments

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Libertas Magicum wrote:Just an on-the-same-page sort of thing:

Currently, I believe we have three 'issues' arising during the noon scene:

1: Jude dealing with Thistle, including the very disturbing comments by Daggen about going to his "Fed" buddies to give them the babies.

2: Kesslan tracking the weird guys from out of town to the dive bar. They're almost certainly related to the vampirism issues surrounding the town, and I've got a strong hunch that this relates back to 1 very directly, too. (To-wit: I think Kesslan has stumbled across Daggen's "Fed" friends.)

3: The Forgetting Spell is about to crack, leading to who-knows-what happening.
Daggen was fairly specific about his Fed buddies coming to get Baby Krave, currently being taken care of by Thistle, as that baby was inside a woman turning into a vamp. So not just any baby, but very specific.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Kesslan wrote:Had a bit of 'comedy of errors' over the weekend. First the front porch collapsed, then the hot water heater broke and then my computer hard drive died all on the same day. So it's taken me a while to get back up and running and I'm still in the process of reinstalling everything and recovering files from backups or the crashed drives.
Dang, I've had some bad days, but that takes the cake by far. I hope the repairs/data recovery go smooth.

1: Jude dealing with Thistle, including the very disturbing comments by Daggen about going to his "Fed" buddies to give them the babies.

2: Kesslan tracking the weird guys from out of town to the dive bar. They're almost certainly related to the vampirism issues surrounding the town, and I've got a strong hunch that this relates back to 1 very directly, too. (To-wit: I think Kesslan has stumbled across Daggen's "Fed" friends.)

Regarding 1: Dagget may have heard Jude say they were going to go to the Inn, so at least in the short term he should go anywhere but there... at least until we've had a chance to deal with the "feds" (who may actually be Federation of Magic folks - possibly Mystic Knights - and not vampires at all).

Regarding 2: I'll be making an IC post shortly that Lucretia will be heading to Lucy's (Lucretia hates all this attention, btw, but OOC I think it's hilarious) to back up Kesslan. A little incident with some spilled water could clear up whether they are vamps or not... and who doesn't love a good dive-bar brawl? They might by Mystic Knights though... might be good to get them out of the bar before antagonizing them. Also that means Kesslan can get in on the (potential) fight without worrying about burning the whole place down. Maybe Kesslan can use Fire Mastery to raise the ambient temperature in the bar? I'm not sure if that can actually be done without obviously creating fire, though. If it can, I think it would either get people to leave or get them buying more cold drinks... one's good for us, the other is good for the bar owner. :lol:

Regarding 3: I'm wondering if us asking all these questions and getting people to remember stuff isn't over-taxing the spell, causing the physical degradation of the pendant. It breaking completely could cause the end of the spell... but magic is weird, anything could happen.

To add to this, sooner or later one of us needs to IC put the pieces together that the "well to do people" who had Lighthelm (the TW) build the still on the well (Bronze told Jude about it in an early post in the Streets) were probably vampires, and the still is probably what is making the babies magical. Most likely it was Soldad and this hag we've heard about. When they discovered that Lighthelm was going to betray them they killed him (side note, the murder weapon is a silver vibro-dagger, could be useful - IC Lucretia didn't notice, because she's blind) and used the Forgetting spell so that people wouldn't find his anti-Vamp stuff (and maybe to forget about where the still came from).

Finally, getting some intel on the monks/knights that occupied the town prior to the current inhabitants might be useful - who were they, why did they leave, what exactly was that bright flash that led Bronze, Doc, Lighthelm and Durbin to find the place? Why was it all scorched? I'm wondering if it might have been a clash between the Order of the White Rose (good Mystic Knights with a name similar to what Bronze mentioned) and more typical evil Mystic Knights. IC Lucretia doesn't know a danged thing about Mystic Knights though.
Lucretia Altara Cyber-Knight (appears human) Alt of Ember
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Armor powered (1 hour), psi-sword, psi-shield, cyber-armor active (indefinite)
Sunlight pendant (30 minutes)
Bennies: 4/3
Parry: 10, -2 to be hit by technological weapons [13 with psi-shield]
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Pace: 8, run d10
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Charisma: +2(mods: +2 if respect CK, -4 if recognized as Altara)
Other: Blind-ish: Notice auto fails for color, text, and flat images
Click here to edit your signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Once I get a sense of how all who are going into the dive bar Lucy's disguised or not I'll post what is going on. i am assuming Kesslan is waiting for the others, let me know if this assumption is wrong.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Nah I already had Kesslan go in. He was just radioing everyone to let them know what he was up to. Right now he's got no particular reason to worry about going in alone. He's not sure there's something wrong, he just thinks there might be and is looking into it. Radioing the others was more as a heads up.
I bring the fire
Bennies: 6
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
ISP: 20/20
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Kesslan wrote:Nah I already had Kesslan go in. He was just radioing everyone to let them know what he was up to. Right now he's got no particular reason to worry about going in alone. He's not sure there's something wrong, he just thinks there might be and is looking into it. Radioing the others was more as a heads up.
Ok gotcha, I'll get a post for Kesslan and what he sees that ends with Daggen coming in.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Hmmm...how many passengers can Nadine hold? Part of me wants to lift the keys to Nadine from Max and load Thistle and the babies up and lumber out of town if we don't hole up at the inn LOL
Character Tracker
Jude Maverick Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 Fear
Common Bond: Share bennies
Elan: +2 when spending Bennies
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Strong Willed: 2 vs. Tests of Will
Trademark Weapon: +1 Shooting with JA-11
Healing Stone: 15/15 PPE
Armor: 15/15 PPE
Necklace: 9/15 PPE
Nike Airs: Teleport/Teleport Others (K. Electronics roll)
Rifle Ammo: 59 (Spare clips: 2 x 20; 1 x 16; 2 x 30; 2 x 60)
Pistol Ammo: 16 (Spare clips: 2 x 16)
Bennies: 4/7
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Libertas Magicum »

Hey, Max is in the Garage right now--Jude could totally go there, get into Nadine with Max's permission, and the two of them could take her for a spin. Heck, they could even take the other kid that Max is talking to out for a ride. (I recall Nadine being able to hold two passengers, and I'm pretty sure the baby wouldn't count as one.)
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Bane

Post by Bane »

Hey Pender, given what spell I'm casting, would you say my notice check would give me a bonus to my Spellcasting roll?
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Toughness: 8 (3)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)
PPE: 12/20
Bennies: 1

Alts: Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Bane wrote:Hey Pender, given what spell I'm casting, would you say my notice check would give me a bonus to my Spellcasting roll?
I can sort of see your point. Your like I have spent some time with Jude, I know his favorite outfit, and roughly what he sounds like. My Notice roll is to recall minute details to make sure I get the impression right. Since he is not exactly there, as far as I know you have not spend time dedicated to studying Jude, I would put a -2 on the roll. Usually cooperative rolls are the same skill type, and made by another person. But I am willing to give it a whirl in this specific case. So I believe you would get a +3 to your roll.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

1+2 in the titan. -2 to pilot without robot jock edge. Happy to take folks for a ride if needed.
Where are these mud flats? Is this where we're heading tomorrow?
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800
      Damage: 8d6, AP 15, MBT
      ROF 1, shots 4
    Mini Missile Launchers (2)
      Damage: 5d6, AP 6, SBT
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10, AP 10
      ROF 1
    Dino Bladder Water Cannon
    • Range: cone
      Damage: 3d10
      5 bursts
    Good Night
    • Melee damage: Str + 2d10 MD Plasma
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 2d6 plasma & heat (vigor -2 or suffer level of fatigue
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
      Payload: 10 shots unless hooked to permanent power supply
      ROF: 3
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

I presume they are on the way to the ley line, as that is where the Brodkil were.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Toughness: 15(6), +2 Toughness vs Supernatural evil [19(10) vs ranged with psi-shield]
Weapon in hand: Martial Arts (1d6+1d4+2, never unarmed) or Psi-blade (1d6+3d10, AP 8 [4 if split])
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The mudflats would be on the wayish to the layline.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

So.... the Coalition major have just said Markus, in very veiled words, we are going to get attacked as soon as the Vampire issue is solved, and we try to leave town. He will tell the others when possible, and safe...
And me thinking we were making good friends with them. :S

Markus "Mark" Berger
Veteran M.A.R.S. Cybernetic Techno-Warrior
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+2 w/Armor), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+2 w/Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (7); Strain 12/12
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Bennies: 2
Wounds: 0
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Well, from his earlier comment, I'm guessing it's out of his hands... probably an order from above.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Shoot Markus you made great friends with them. The Major is trying to recruit you hard.

Oh and nothing is for certain, no railroads here. I just have folks doing their thing and responding to what the players do.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

"My bed has lumps. Can I sleep in yours tonight?"
Bane, can you turn me into Jude too? This will be FUN! Poor Cantrell!
Maximilian
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

+1 Bennie if by the time you leave silver bluff if everyone has been disguised like Jude and hits on Cantrell.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

That's happening right this second. Bane, get crackin'.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Geez! I may have to defect back to the CS if this keeps up!
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Apparently I should have been a ninja.
I bring the fire
Attributes: Agility: d6, Smarts: d6, Spirit: d6, Strength: d8, Vigor: d6. Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 16(11); Strain: 0
Theme Songs: I See Fire, Danger! High Voltage, Disco Inferno, Firestarter, Mad at Gravity - Burn
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Kesslan wrote:Apparently I should have been a ninja.
You already are, obviously.
You're my ninja.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Libertas Magicum wrote:Hey, Max is in the Garage right now--Jude could totally go there, get into Nadine with Max's permission, and the two of them could take her for a spin. Heck, they could even take the other kid that Max is talking to out for a ride. (I recall Nadine being able to hold two passengers, and I'm pretty sure the baby wouldn't count as one.)
Permission...or forgiveness? :D
Character Tracker
Parry: 6; Toughness: 17 (8 natural, +1 duster, 4 armor, 4 personal force field [nonmagical attacks only, ignores AP)
You Know What to Do: During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace (stacks with a joker).
Hard to Kill: When making rolls for Incapacitation or death, ignore Wound modifiers
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
  • We Have the Talent: You gain the benefits of an immediate Advance of your choice. You must meet any prerequisites. This benefit (new skill, increased trait, new Edge, etc.) lasts for the remainder of the session; your next actual Advance must be spent on this same benefit.
  • Enemy: Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Speedy Gonzales: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Oooh, Max could get jealous...
:twisted:
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Maximilian wrote:"My bed has lumps. Can I sleep in yours tonight?"
Bane, can you turn me into Jude too? This will be FUN! Poor Cantrell!
Just acting in character, in character. Meta-acting? "Play within a play" is always a bit hard to talk about. (If any of you know Shakespeare, apparently he wrote the role of Quince (Midsummer Night's Dream) for himself, making fun of himself. Them was some big shoes to fill.)
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Quick note: Since both Jude and Lucretia are Attractive, Lucretia disguised as Jude should still get the Charisma bonus. (It gets dicier when they don't sync up like that--either the disuisee or the disguised-as lack an Edge the other has--but as it stands, this should be pretty straightforward. Think of it as Lucretia knowing how to use good looks to impress others, even if those "looks" aren't her own.)
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

For sure super cha bonus, too bad Daggen will kill Jude.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

You got it, I like the leads to who-knows-what happening. I just need some clarification on what Bane is doing, and if Cantrell is really going in.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Yeah, about that ... :shock:

Had a plan, rolled a critical failure on my Notice roll ... but hopefully Stealth was high enough the Feds didn't see me come in.

Not that I'm likely to go unnoticed for long ... nothing good's gonna come of this bathroom break.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

• Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Cantrell's entry to the bar may be my most favorite post in this entire story so far.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Yeah I was cracking up as well.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

You know what they say: When life gives you lemons ... go with a sexually aggressive lumberjack.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Just waiting on Bane to let us know if he staying outside or going in to Lucy's.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Bane

Post by Bane »

I will have a post up by noon tomorrow.
OOC Comments
Bane

Armor: Ley Line Walker Light Armor (3 Armor, +4 to Vigor rolls vs. airborne toxins/diseases)
Weapon: TK Revolver (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 4, Shots 6, Wt. 4, Notes: Revolver, can "fan the hammer". (Rapid Attack)

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Sure take your time, no Rush. +1 bennie if you go in looking like jude too... Haha. This should be awesome. A cybernight, ex CS soldier, a lay line walker, and burster. Vs 2 necromancers, a shifter, a merc, and apparently an ogre that likes Cantrell. All inside a hole in the wall dive Bar called Lucy's. What could go wrong.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Bane

Post by Bane »

Bane's going to consider him as Jude publicly calling Cantrell Sweetcheeks punishment enough for disobeying Lucretia's orders!
OOC Comments
Bane

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

So looks like Bane is also Jude, +1 bennie for that which you used on extra effort, so nets to 0. Man I am going get working on this post, hopefully sunday I'll have it done.

Oh just incase other folks are like hey I have been roleplaying well, where is my bennie. I am planning on giving you all 2 bennies once we get done with the afternoon scene time. Really exceptional roleplaying by all.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Hm. If your disguise was such a success, Bane...was it really you that called Cantrell sweet cheeks?
:lol: :lol:
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Ok so we got a quick combat at the streets location. Jude just needs to let me know where he is taking Thistle. After that we heading to the afternoon scene time.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

For those not familiar with it: Quick Combat System
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Swollen bulls testicles... Classic.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Libertas Magicum wrote:Quick note: Since both Jude and Lucretia are Attractive, Lucretia disguised as Jude should still get the Charisma bonus. (It gets dicier when they don't sync up like that--either the disuisee or the disguised-as lack an Edge the other has--but as it stands, this should be pretty straightforward. Think of it as Lucretia knowing how to use good looks to impress others, even if those "looks" aren't her own.)
Jude is actually Very Attractive ;)
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

I bring the fire
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Nice Kesslan! Thanks for not burning down Lucy's Inferno( yes the dive bar had another name change)
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Jude Maverick wrote:
Libertas Magicum wrote:Quick note: Since both Jude and Lucretia are Attractive, Lucretia disguised as Jude should still get the Charisma bonus. (It gets dicier when they don't sync up like that--either the disuisee or the disguised-as lack an Edge the other has--but as it stands, this should be pretty straightforward. Think of it as Lucretia knowing how to use good looks to impress others, even if those "looks" aren't her own.)
Jude is actually Very Attractive ;)
Per the disguise power. Disguise allows the character to assume the appearance (but none of the abilities) of another person. So yes Lucretia still retains her Alteran cha bonus, but not Judes edges.

Unfortunately Daggen just hates Jude. Best you could get him to is neutral. Which is why he told his friends to kill him.

-Just waiting for Lucretia to post. I think maybe one necromancer is still up.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

That whole bar-fight is full of awesome. Quick question--did Bane leave his radio on, per Lib's suggestion? Just wondering if Lib and Max suddenly hear everything go to hell and start running, even if the fight'll be over long before they get there.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Bane

Post by Bane »

Not unless they more like cell phones than traditional radios.
OOC Comments
Bane

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Libertas Magicum wrote:That whole bar-fight is full of awesome. Quick question--did Bane leave his radio on, per Lib's suggestion? Just wondering if Lib and Max suddenly hear everything go to hell and start running, even if the fight'll be over long before they get there.
So I am not sure if Bane left the comm channel open.

Here are the basic feature's of every body armor.
Unless otherwise stated, all have basic (five mile range) communications and light-sensitive visors or eye lenses (offset illumination penalties by 2 and provide +2 to resist blinding attacks).

So 5 miles out is easily arround town, and the nearby surrounding area. Seems feasible to leave it open if so desired.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Bane

Post by Bane »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Libertas Magicum wrote:That whole bar-fight is full of awesome. Quick question--did Bane leave his radio on, per Lib's suggestion? Just wondering if Lib and Max suddenly hear everything go to hell and start running, even if the fight'll be over long before they get there.

Unless otherwise stated, all have basic (five mile range) communications and light-sensitive visors or eye lenses (offset illumination penalties by 2 and provide +2 to resist blinding attacks).

So 5 miles out is easily arround town, and the nearby surrounding area. Seems feasible to leave it open if so desired.
Are the radios push to talk like today's radios or are they transmitting and receiving at the same time like a phone?
OOC Comments
Bane

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Bane wrote:
Pender Lumkiss wrote:

Are the radios push to talk like today's radios or are they transmitting and receiving at the same time like a phone?
Whatever you want.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Bane

Post by Bane »

Coin Flip
[dice]0[/dice]
1 - 3 = Push to talk
4 - 6 = Phone like
Phone like is winner, so the line is open.
OOC Comments
Bane

Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

4. Jude looks like he might have discovered something at the tower. Possibly another spell effect and related to the TW lab beneath the library, and possibly to the weird TW still on the well.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

LOL Damn, Lucretia! You have TWO buildings named after you! When do I get mine? ;)
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Heads up, friends. I've got a full weekend coming up starting tomorrow morning. Where I'm going, there may not be wifi. I'll try to check in if I can, but I may be out of touch starting tomorrow early morning until Sunday evening.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Jude Maverick wrote:LOL Damn, Lucretia! You have TWO buildings named after you! When do I get mine? ;)
Maybe the tower of romance?

And where Jude is going, is related to the still.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Pender, did you really mean to say that the telepathic quartz is good for 100,000 miles per success/raise? A success for anywhere on the planet, two raises for the Moon? :shock:
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Freemage wrote:Pender, did you really mean to say that the telepathic quartz is good for 100,000 miles per success/raise? A success for anywhere on the planet, two raises for the Moon? :shock:
Haha, no, 100 miles, lol. I just woke up and must have hit 3 to many 0s. Edit forth coming. Thanks.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Sorry, not on as much as I used to be... getting caught up now, will post ASAP
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Lucretia wrote:Sorry, not on as much as I used to be... getting caught up now, will post ASAP
No worries.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Bane

Post by Bane »

Hey Markus, you were really playing it to the hilt to the point that I wasn't sure, plus you didn't post any Intimidation rolls.
OOC Comments
Bane

Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

When/where should we be posting the afternoon/evening scouting mission? Should I stay behind as Bane requested, or is Kesslan staying? Or is Markus going to spend his afternoon cutting bits off of the necromancer? (hint: pull the Tom Jane Punisher trick. Burn meat with the torch and tell him he will feel strangely cold, then slap him with a frozen popsicle.)
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

If you are going to the Layline, I would post in the northwest layline area
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

I am glad his threats seem genuine. That was the idea. And no, he was not going to torture the man. He is from the "enlightened" NGR. They execute people, but not torture them. But the necromancer didn't know that :D
So... what do we want to know?

Markus "Mark" Berger
Notice d8+2 (+2 Sight and Hearing based), Languages (Euro, American, Dragonese/Elven, and more) d12+2, Knowledge (Common) -2, Stealth d8
Hindrances (Major) Clueless: -2 to Common Knowledge, (Minor) Quirk: Does not socialize or trust non-humans, Cautious: Never makes rash decisions and likes to plot things out in detail
Adventure Deck Cards:
Love Interest: Play on a nonplayer character to encourage a romantic interest for your hero. The target helps to the best of her abilities, but may frequently cause trouble as well.
Sudden Death: Your hero must do or say something that gives his foes pause. All foes within 12” lose their next action.
Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
Armor: Triax T-11 Enhanced: +7 Armor and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Bane pointed out that I probably should've used my turncoat card on this guy. Is that still an option? Does that prohibit me from playing the villainous verbosity card against a big bad later? i.e. one card per session?
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

I believe you can play one card per Rank per Session--so Max should be able to drop two this session, total, as a MARS.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

The turncoat card sounds like a nice idea.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

I bweive every player can play 1 adventure card per quarter. Seasoned characters get a larger hand by drawing 2, but can still only play one. Cards gained by ep or patron rewards are not subject to this limitation.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Grrr ... using a card on the necromancer may be a moot point, now. I've got bennies out the wazoo, but I guess there's nothing I can do about a double 1, huh?

On a less messy note -- Bane, you've got the enchanted communication crystal from the Streets scene. Just wanted to make sure we didn't forget it.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

I too noticed nobody picked it up, maybe a wondering kid grabbed it by now? I kid. Keep in mind it only works with its counterpart.

Man I just read the post Cantrell. Epic, nay legendary failure. Take your pick UV grenades or sun vechicle missile and I'll have it delivered to the garage, with a small string attached. Killed the necromancer with an engine block, speechless.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Bane

Post by Bane »

I had honestly forgotten about it. Having to do everything via my tablet is aggravating, to say the least as it makes searching for anything in the forum and pain.
OOC Comments
Bane

Bane

Post by Bane »

Well THAT was interesting!
OOC Comments
Bane

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Bane wrote:Well THAT was interesting!
Yeah sorry for the confusion. Bronze was already on the edge due to the threats of torture, when necro was killed it just pushed him over the edge. Sort of a perfect storm. Great Job saving him! He might be ready to pass on his GB to his daughter...
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:I too noticed nobody picked it up, maybe a wondering kid grabbed it by now? I kid. Keep in mind it only works with its counterpart.

Man I just read the post Cantrell. Epic, nay legendary failure. Take your pick UV grenades or sun vechicle missile and I'll have it delivered to the garage, with a small string attached. Killed the necromancer with an engine block, speechless.
Ooo, let's do grenades.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

That...was a lovely pratfall. Just epic LOL Great job everyone!

And can you freaking believe Jude made all his rolls?! I know he has the Lucky edge, but he's supposed to use bennies for that! ;)

I need to remember to use those LOL
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Well... ok then.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

What the shazbot?! I'm out of touch for a day and you people killed our informant?! Good thing I didn't use an adventure card on that turkey.
Well done, Cantrell!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Seems like with Bane and Libertas going to healing town on Bronze he should be fine, still technically elderly, but not going to die right then and there.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Hooray! Of course, that just means we've got a guy with access to a Boom Gun pissed at us... Hm. Maybe Bane and Lib should've thought that healing through... :lol:
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Don't forget Cantrell's Benny. Very good "epic failure", she deserves one.

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Markus Berger wrote:Don't forget Cantrell's Benny. Very good "epic failure", she deserves one.
I got some UV grenades instead, which is great -- I've got bennies like crazy, but can't use them when I keep getting critical failures!

Just in terms of pre-planning, what do these UV grenades do? Not sure I want to risk throwing them if another double 1 is gonna have me incinerate myself!
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

I believe these would be anti-vampire grenades.
Maximilian
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
2 spare e-clips
Adventure Cards
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
      ROF 3, shots 60
      ROF 1, shots 4
      ROF 1, shots 12
    Medium Laser
      ROF 1
      5 bursts
    Good Night
      Plasma Ejector damage:
      • 3d6 using 2 shots
      • 6d6 using 4 shots
Edit Signature
EP Ledger
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Cantrell wrote:
Markus Berger wrote:Don't forget Cantrell's Benny. Very good "epic failure", she deserves one.
I got some UV grenades instead, which is great -- I've got bennies like crazy, but can't use them when I keep getting critical failures!

Just in terms of pre-planning, what do these UV grenades do? Not sure I want to risk throwing them if another double 1 is gonna have me incinerate myself!
Hey There Cantrell, seriously epic/legendary. You'll end up getting the UV grenades, roll 1d6 to find out how many you got. There will be a small favor asked...
- UV greanades deal 2d10 sunlight damage in a medium burst template to vamps. Thrown range, 5/10/20.
- technically you could hurt yourself or others with them, its just 2d10 damage with a sunlight trapping.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Question: Cross the Market? Markus? What is she talking about?

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

I thought you and Carol were old flames. She probably never told you the true reason your relationship ended. If that is too much I can edit it out.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Markus Berger wrote:Question: Cross the Market? Markus? What is she talking about?
If I got that wrong, that you and Carol were old flames, you can feel free to run with it, and throw down an interlude of loss explaining how the black market came between the two of you. For that interlude you can have your choice: 1 Bennie, 1 adventure card draw (keep in mind you can only hold two at seasoned in your hand and still play 1 per session), or gain another use of a once a session ability like scrounger.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jude Maverick
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jude Maverick »

Also if anyone wants to trade for my remaining adventure card, we can. I spent my 1 card already, but my other is still available to someone else via trade, according to the rules.
Character Tracker
I Know a Guy
Adventure Cards
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Markus will turn out to be a heart breaker!
Lets do that interlude!

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

-So we got Bane. Max, Cantrell, and Markus all heading out to the layline?

-Lucretia and Libertas looking for Jess Bronze's daughter
  • Head to the streets, streetwise +2 to find Jess.
-Jude is in a cave.

-What is Kesslan doing?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

PM'd Markus and Bane about the what they saw near the Northwest Layline
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Markus Berger

Post by Markus Berger »

Got it, thanks

Markus "Mark" Berger
Adventure Deck Cards:
Bane

Post by Bane »

Saw it
OOC Comments
Bane

Kesslan

Post by Kesslan »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:-What is Kesslan doing?
Standing around wondering what the hell is going on. I posted, were barely any posts after mine, none of which really seemed to follow any particular thing and then everyone just started posting in totally different areas doing... what ever.

Everything's so scattered I've got no sense of direction at all and right now other than my phone I've got no internet connection as my line was damaged during a storm and I'm still waiting for the ISP to send a repair guy.
I bring the fire
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Things did get confusing there for a bit--there were a few times I know I failed to make a 'moving' post to make it clear where I was headed next, and I probably wasn't the only one.

Here's the run-down once the fight at the bar ended and Kesslan gave his 'all clear' with that CritFail Notice roll:

Bane and the others took the prisoner to the Garage for interrogation, while Max was already in there. Bane, Marcus and Cantrell played "Good Cop, Bad Cop, Accidental Manslaughter Cop" with the prisoner, which ended when Cantrell slipped and dropped an engine on his head. Bronze had a mild heart attack from shock, and was resuscitated by Bane and Libertas (who walked in just as things were going down).

Bronze, badly shaken, decided this was a good time to retire. He left, went to the town square and told Jess (his daughter) that she's getting the Glitterboy suit, now, and then walked off, leaving her a bit shocked, as well. Luc & Lib followed, because they still need info about the Key, and decided to approach Jess first. Meanwhile, Max, Cantrell, Marcus and Bane have gone off to investigate the NW Ley Line some more, and retrieve the rest of the weapons from the Brodkil that Marcus and the CS guy killed earlier.

During all of this, Jude's been off on his own, keeping Thistle and her baby safe by taking them down into a well filled with skeletons, an insane and shackled elf and a demonic heart of some sort. No, seriously. :lol:

Kesslan, I suspect, would most likely have either:

1: Followed along with the others to go to the Garage, then witnessed Cantrell accidentally scrunch the prisoner. From there, he could've just kind of followed along behind Lucretia and Libertas--in which case, he's in the Streets again, now, as they approach Bronze's daughter, Jess, asking about the "Key", OR;

2: Followed along and then tagged along with Bane, Max and the others who went to the Ley Line (carried by Nadine, if necessary), in which case you can jump in there (I suspect this is his least-likely, given that it means getting close to a Ley Line when he doesn't have to), OR;

3: Hung back as everyone went to the Garage, in which case he would've likely been still in the streets when Lucretia and Libertas came out and tracked down Jess--in which case, he could walk up behind them and listen in or tap Libertas on the shoulder (Lucretia is talking to Jess, so Lib's the most approachable) and ask for an update, OR;

4: Hung back, as above, but when he saw Bronze come out looking upset, followed him--in which case, he would've heard Bronze declare that his daughter is now his successor, and that he's retiring. From there, he could've stuck around, in which case, again, he sees Lucretia and Libertas approach, as in the other options, but has a bit more awareness of the situation, OR;

5: As in 4, above, been present when Bronze approached Jess, and then followed along to see if the old warrior is going to be okay, in which case that would spin off into a separate scene, OR;

6: Decided from all the radio chatter that this meant Jude needed backup, in which case he could be arriving at the Tower right about now, and following the scent trail down into the hell-hole.

(Obviously, other options are out there, but I hope my suggestions are more helpful than bossy.)
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Sorry it got so confusing there Kesslan. All of Libertas' suggestions are great. I'll reread the street posts during and after th quick combat. Sorry in advance if I missed a post.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

I'll probably post this coming friday afternoon.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Kesslan,
-Jude is going to possibly be in a quick combat with an undead glaive weilding mystic knight. If you want to head to the mystical babies section drawn by the radio chatter between Jude and the team. Feel free, I beleive you crit failed your last notice roll, so you would need to make another to pick up any magical smells.

-The team heading to the layline found a person hiding out in a true invisibility area, you could have hitched a ride with the team going that way.

-You can join Libertas and Lucretia in trying to locate the TW key, which can easily enough end near jude and the cavern(since jude or thistle has the key)

-A couple of things can also happen if you just head back into the streets smelling arround. There is the other half of the communications device to be found.

- Or if you want some thing unexpected head over to the blackmarket, Carol is in some deep trouble.

I understand you are having internet issues, but I can wait a couple of days before posting anything else.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

How's everybody doing? Time in Silver Bluff appears to be moving at a degraded rate the past couple of weeks, compared to the usual flurry of activity. Are we waiting on something/someone specifically, or is everyone just busy with real life? No pressure -- just missing the high-frequency shenanigans.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats

• Elan (+2 on rerolls)

Wounds:
Fatigue:
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

I'm wondering how many of the players on the site are college students--that would account for a summertime slowdown pretty effectively. (I've noticed it happening in the 3rd, as well.)
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Lucretia

Post by Lucretia »

Cantrell wrote:How's everybody doing? Time in Silver Bluff appears to be moving at a degraded rate the past couple of weeks, compared to the usual flurry of activity. Are we waiting on something/someone specifically, or is everyone just busy with real life? No pressure -- just missing the high-frequency shenanigans.
I've been a bit distracted by other things, but yeah, I've noticed that too. I think that part of it is that a lot of the activity early was between players, but now we're mostly interacting with NPCs. That means we have to wait for GM posts, while before we didn't. I'm not saying that GM posts have slowed or anything (I haven't looked), just that we are playing around those posts now, while before we were able to do more between them.
Freemage wrote:I'm wondering how many of the players on the site are college students--that would account for a summertime slowdown pretty effectively. (I've noticed it happening in the 3rd, as well.)
Oh, good point. I would think that most students would have more time in the summer though. More distractions too, of course.
9/10 ISP
Active effects:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

I am just waiting on some players to post.

-Streets: waiting on Libertas to essentially describe the key, and possibly Jude to radio for back up
-mystical babies: waiting on Jude to either fight or run.
-layline: waiting on Bane to post any questions he might have, although Bane is currently camping I was going to give him until Sunday.
-Kesslan is having internet issues. I was giving him a chance to catch up and post.

Either way I'll post resolutions on Sunday.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

Return to “Silver Bluff”