Thrudh Zebrem
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Re: Thrudh Q4 Interlude/Gloom Broadcast

Post by Thrudh Zebrem »

[dice]0[/dice]
Thrudh Zebrem
Thrudh Zebrem
Bennies: 6 (+1 interlude, +1 max post quarter reward, +1 Carlos joker, +1 Humble joker, -1 reroll grenade damage, -1 extra effort OTO QC, +1 LaForge, +1 QC CS prison, -1 EE Gloom QC, +2 for successful 1st round QC, -1 EE notice, -1 EE repair)
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
  • Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
    • Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
    • Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
  • Range 50/100/200
    Damage: 3d10, AP 0
    ROF 1, shots 20
    MD, Plasma, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Snapfire, 25 standard rounds
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
  • Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
  • Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Adventure card:
  • Spill the Beans - The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.
    Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Mountaineer Mk. 2
  • Light Railgun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
  • Mini Missile Launcher
    • Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
  • Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1
Edit Sig
Thrudh Zebrem
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Thrudh Zebrem »

Thrudh and Heller made their way to the booster they'd been assigned. Nestled into a small hill and partially below ground, the antenna jutted straight upwards like a needle. "This is the place. Don't look easy. But I think I got an idea." Thrudh exchanges thoughts with Heller, solidifies the plan, and moves to action.

Thrudh knocks on the door to the bunker-like building. The camera scans down. "Yeah, here ta fix the relay." A reply comes back through the speaker. "We didn't request tech support."
Thrudh shakes his head. "Ya don't have ta. Booster 3 is comin' up short. Signal's off. We gotta recalibrate and it needs a kick up in output from 2 and 4. Yer my first stop."

A minute passes. The locks on the door release. Thrudh pulls the door open and barges in, dropping his pack in the threshold. "'bout time. Booster 3 is down now. Y'all are givin' me fits. I'm on a schedule an' yer monkeyin' around ain't helpin'." The technician at the front gives Thrudh the side-eye. "I don't know you." Thrudh squints back and gives the tech a nasty look. "Listen, chucklehead. Pull the duty roster fer today. Look me up. Burton. B-U-R-T-O-N. Ya don't know me 'cause I'm busy fixin' all yer other problems while yer sleepin'. Looks like some kinda squirrel was chewin' on the lines outta the central junction box at booster 3, had a blowout. Nah, go ahead. Check it. Insult me." Thrudh gives the tech a moment to process the order. He blinks a little, unsure of what exactly is happening. "Well, I, uh..."

Thrudh continues. "Check the relay. Booster 3 ain't sendin', is it? Ya gonna explain ta Vector why the signal ain't gettin' out is 'cause yer givin' me lip? Bet he's gonna be real happy. Hit the locks ta the control room. I need ta get ta work. NOW, chucklehead!" Thrudh's menacing size and attitude spurs the technician into action. He glances at the readouts, and sure enough, booster 3 seems to be intermittent. "I guess, uh...sorry. Yeah. 3 is down. Sure. Go ahead, I guess. They didn't tell me..." He punches a few buttons, and the locks on the control room release. Thrudh interrupts him. "They don't have ta tell ya nothin'. Yer new, ain't ya?" The technician nods.
"Hey, we all started somewhere. Route the signal to the backup antenna while I'm workin', would ya? Good boy." He barrels his way into the control room where surprised technicians stare at the grackle tooth repair man. The entry technician is flummoxed by the grackletooth in the china shop, and doesn't appear to have noticed the tool bag lodged in the front door.

"Listen, fellas. If y'all could be good enough ta make a little room, I gotta get the output cranked, and y'all are in my way. I need inta that terminal there. Yeah, yours, dopey. C'mon. Vector's got a broadcast he needs ta go out yesterday, an' now 3's down. MOVE!" 3 of the technicians scamper out of the way, but the 4th seems to be staying put. "Nobody cleared this with me. I don't have any information on this work order and Vector hasn't sent any memos on this broadcast. What's your ID number?" Thrudh shakes his head. "My ID number is 1-8-7-get-the-scrag-outta-my-way an' take it up with Vector if ya don't like it."

This answer doesn't seem to satisfy the last technician. "I'll be having a talk with Eddie up front about letting your kind through the door. You don't work here." The technician reaches for a pistol at his side. "Hit the alarm" he says to one of the other techs. They hesitate for a moment.

Thrudh's head droops for a moment. "Aw, Hell...er. Ya shouldn't oughta gone and done that." Before Thrudh can lunge, the savvy technician pulls the pistol and aims it at Thrudh's chest. "Hey! Hey! It don't have ta go like this. Hang on. I'll leave. Fine." Thrudh's hands reach up. "Too late. Turn around and get on your knees, if you have those. You're about to have a very bad day."

Thrudh shakes his head. He bends down, defeated, going to his knees. As the hulking grackle hits the ground, Heller bursts through the door, throwing a neural mace at the 4th tech and pegging him directly in the head, knocking him unconscious. The other three, surprised by the sudden action, find Thrudh has sprung to his feet and gripped each one, grabbing two by the shirt and the last one is dragged to the floor by Thrudh's tail. The two mercs tie the 3 conscious techs together in a circle facing each other. The 4th tech joins Eddie out front, who is also unconscious and bound. Thrudh fires up a cigar and nods to Heller. "Good timin'." Heller nods and says "Always. Lucky for you. I'd hate to have to tell the rest of your crew that you got aced by a geek with a pistol on safety." Thrudh lets out a belly laugh and offers Heller a cigar.

They work at the terminals, preparing to send Alecto's broadcast. Ready to re-transmit, Thrudh leans back in his chair and enjoys a particularly sweet cigar. "Heh. Good work, Heller. I love it when a plan comes together."
Thrudh Zebrem
Thrudh Zebrem
Bennies: 6 (+1 interlude, +1 max post quarter reward, +1 Carlos joker, +1 Humble joker, -1 reroll grenade damage, -1 extra effort OTO QC, +1 LaForge, +1 QC CS prison, -1 EE Gloom QC, +2 for successful 1st round QC, -1 EE notice, -1 EE repair)
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Modified Triax T-13
  • Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Laser Torch
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
    Robot arm
    • Reach 1
      Strength d6
    +2 Repair checks
  • Range 50/100/200
    ROF 1, shots 20
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    ROF 1
Adventure card:
  • Spill the Beans - The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.
    Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Mountaineer Mk. 2
  • Light Railgun
      ROF 3, payload 45
  • Mini Missile Launcher
    • Range 100/200/400
      ROF 1, payload 12
  • Medium Laser
      ROF 1
Edit Sig
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Awesome!

Take a bennie or a Adventure Card! Loved it.
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Thrudh Zebrem
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Thrudh Zebrem »

Took the benny. I have intimate experience in Thrudh running out of bennies before we run out of story.
Thrudh Zebrem
Thrudh Zebrem
Modified Triax T-13
  • Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Laser Torch
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
    Robot arm
    • Reach 1
      Strength d6
    +2 Repair checks
  • Range 50/100/200
    ROF 1, shots 20
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    ROF 1
Adventure card:
Mountaineer Mk. 2
  • Light Railgun
      ROF 3, payload 45
  • Mini Missile Launcher
    • Range 100/200/400
      ROF 1, payload 12
  • Medium Laser