Carlos Q4 Interlude/Gloom Broadcast

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Carlos Q4 Interlude/Gloom Broadcast

Post by Daniel »

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 199#p20199 Info on Interludes. Roll the d4 and answer Hurtt.

As Carlos jots down the BC info he notices a Merc looking at him who chuckles.

”Don’t think the info is up to date. I can direct you to them though. Names Sergeant Hurtt. If you want to get in contact with the BC tell me why. Some are looking for them to collect bounty. Are you? Or ya looking to join? Because I happen to know the BC are about to no longer have bounties anymore. Well. Probably. They are needing new blood too. So. Tell me why they should hire you? Tell me something about what you can offer to the bad ass mothers of the Black Company. What training do you have? You look Battle Hardened. Yes I work for them. Also... if you are looking for employment. Walk as you talk. You see that guy? He’s a Mage in the Federation. I was waiting for him. He was looking for one of the members of the BC. Hunting them. Tell ya what. Help me ambush the Line Walker trying to collect bounty on the BC and I’ll put in a good word for ya. Come on! He’s heading towards the hotel where the others are sleeping. Let’s get him.”
OOC Comments
Will you share your history or tell Hurtt how you can be of help? Also, assist Hurtt in stopping the bounty hunter Mage.
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Carlos Caravello
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Carlos Q4 Interlude/Gloom Broadcast

Post by Carlos Caravello »

When Sergeant Hurtt approaches him, Carlos tenses up not wanting to seem jumpy but ready to act. The ex-soldier does his best to answer the questions honestly, leaving out a few minor details.

“Bounties? Not interested in those,” he responds truthfully. Probably have a few on my head now too, and what goes around comes around. “I’m just looking for some work. I’m handy in a fight, got some military training - special weapons and tactics with a small outfit out east,” he leaves out exactly which unit, no need to bring up the Coalition. They tend to get mixed reviews. “But I’m more than a pretty face,” he grunts at that unconsciously rubbing the plasma burn on one side of his face, “I can keep gear in good repair and do some basic engineering and testing. Name’s Carlos Caravello.”

As the conversation turns to a small job killing a ley line walker Carlos nods, “Happy to help you take down a Federation agent. Those guys are rotten to the core.” He resists the urge to smile broadly but is quietly satisfied. Killing mages, old habits die hard. “We probably shouldn’t just blast him right here.”

Sergeant Hurtt nods his agreement, “True, do we wait and follow him out?”

Carlos seems resigned to the idea, until a thought suddenly flashes across his mind. “Hey Sarge, you got a radio?” Seeing a nod the ex-soldiers continues, “Turn it to channel 3.” Seeing the confused Sergeant do as requested Carlos finishes his thoughts, “Now, hit me in the face.”

The old Sergeant suddenly realized what was up and hauled back punching Carlos right in the kisser - hard! Going down like a ton of bricks Carlos doesn’t have to pretend to be knocked over. No wonder they call him Hurtt. By now the Sergeant is really into his role, giving Carlos a kick to make sure everyone is watching before shouting, “Damned bounty hunters. Keep away from the Black Company you hear!” To add emphasis the Sagre grabs the old poster from Carlos’ hand and storms out the door.

From his position on the floor Carlos watches to see if the mage took the bait, and sure enough, shortly after Hurtt storms out the ley line walker follows after him. Standing and adjusting his radio, Carlos makes sure it is on channel three, “You got a tail, Sarge.”

Moving out the door, Carlos steps out onto the street to tail the tail but the street is empty. Clicking his mic he updates Sergeant Hurtt, “He’s not out here, or he’s using magic to avoid being seen.” Slapping down the visor on his helmet, Carlos uses his advanced tracking system to try and pick up the target...nothing. Before he can issue another update, Hurtt comes over the radio, “You better find him boy, my ass is exposed out here.”

Unable to see his target Caravello turns to his street smarts, and picks out the most likely places to hide. Spotting a nearby horse trough he uses his armor’s augmented strength to lift it and douse an area of shadows with water. At first it looks like no dice, then wet footprints appear on the roadway. A wet invisible man. He needs to dry off and get warm.

Without remorse Carlos levels his experimental plasma cannon and switches to anti-infantry mode. Close only counts in hand grenades, and charged plasma bursts. Squeezing the trigger he sends a massive gout of plasma toward the footprints that explodes outward in a circle roughly centred on the invisible mage. Seeing the street light up, Sergeant Hurtt comes running up the road just in time to see the charred body of the ley line walker lying in the middle of the street.

Nodding, Carlos slings his rifle over his back and flips up his face plate.

“Guess he couldn’t take the heat.”
Last edited by Carlos Caravello on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Character Information
Carlos Caravello
Armored Stats: Strength d12+2; Pace: 8; Toughness: 20 (7), +2 Ranged Attacks, +2 Stealth (wilderness)
Bennies 4/4
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Awesome. Have your bennie or Adventure Card good Sir!
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Took a bennie.

Carlos
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

Return to “Black Company Interludes”