Redoing Patron Items

The place for proposals for Custom Races, Edges, Hindrances, Trappings, TW Modifications, and Iconic Frame Works

Also See Community Projects.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Re: Redoing Patron Items

Post by High Command »

Changed Reload 2 to Snapfire
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

I like it and approve of the "KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun"
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

A Puppy
High Command wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:07 pm First draft of the Clockwork Wolf

Does Beast Master affect it, if so, how? Does Beast Bond work for it? Do Leadership Edges work for it instead?

Clockwork Wolf (Patron Item)
Unique Magical Construct
Disposition: akin to that of a highly loyal canine companion; affectionate, playful, protective, and somewhat obedient. It is smart, however, and will act according to what it thinks is the best course of action.
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d6, Strength d12, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Intimidation d8, Notice d6, Stealth d8
Pace: 10; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (6)
Edges: Alertness (Magical Sensors)
Special Abilities:
Bite: Str+d10, AP 10, Mega-Damage.
Clockwork Hide: Provide +6 Armor and +1 Toughness
Construct: +2 to recover from being Shaken; ignores 1 point of Wound penalties; does not breathe or suffer from disease or poison. It does not heal, but is repaired with the lower of Arcana, Occult, and Repair.
Fearless: Clockwork Wolves are immune to Fear and Intimidation, but they are smart enough to react to fear-causing situations aptly.
No Speech: The Clockwork Wolf understands humanoid speech, but they cannot speak.
Speed: d10 running die.

History: Shifters and Xenobiologists alike have cataloged these curious extra-dimensional mechanical constructs across the megaverse from obscure pocket dimensions to the the sprawl of the Three Galaxies. Their origins are a completely mystery, but master Dwarven techno-wizards of the UWW take credit for these seemingly living works of extraordinary craftsmanship and artistic skill. While incredibly rare to find, the behavior of these automatons is universally identical and they are the finest and most loyal of any possible companion.

After this is the Ruby Items.
I like this, but I think perhaps you should give it at a minimum speak languages at d4. The lack of communication can be cute once or twice, but it gets real old and frustrating fast.

I already commented on how I feel about Beast Friend and you responded.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: KLS Manpack Railgun

Post by Technospawn »

High Command wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:17 pm Alright, let's see your feedback here:
My reasoning on the revision: Force Cannon (A&M); Railgun instead of Force cannon, tech instead of tw; Multi-Optic Scope, Increased Reload Time, Weight Reduction by a step
Increases Damage per die, but decreases AP (was 3d10+5, AP 15); I'm not convinced both shouldn't be higher, but I figure I'll let others push them up or not. The Force Cannon is a good stand in. I also reduced the range to the same as the mini-railgun and Force Cannon. It's stupidly long range enough as to not be an issue if it can't go 500".
Current: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=2352

KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun (Patron Item) (SWADE)
The brain child of the KLS corporation, this rail gun design is a miniaturized version of the RG-14 Electromagnetic Mass Driver. It's flexibility, efficiency, and relatively light weight make it the most potent man-portable, anti-armor & anti-demon weapon system ever produced. The only drawback is the delay in discharge as the capacitors spool up to release the hypersonic sabot payload. Several cases of these rifles have been released for field testing.
[list=none]• Range: 50/100/200
• Dmg: 3d12, AP: 12
• ROF: 1; Shooting is a full round action.
• Shots: 12, Helical magazine containing APDS rounds (Armor-Piercing Discarding Sabots)
• Minimum Strength: d10 (20 lbs).
• Notes: Integrated Multi-Optics Scope, Hyperkinetic, MD, Snapfire
• • Helical magazines must be custom made by highly skilled weapons shops and have a base cost of 1000 credits each.
• • APDS rounds must be custom made by highly skilled weapons shops and have a base cost of 250 credits each.
• Rarity: -6 (Rare) Cost: 400,000
[/list]
The Force cannon has heavy pulse so it is +1 to shooting and +3 damage. That means this weapon is less effective than a TW force cannon unless I missed something.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Ndreare wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:19 amI like this, but I think perhaps you should give it at a minimum speak languages at d4. The lack of communication can be cute once or twice, but it gets real old and frustrating fast.

I already commented on how I feel about Beast Friend and you responded.
Yeah, I was hoping someone else would chime in about that. As for the communication, it's meant to be a very intelligent dog who can understand exactly what folks are saying. It's not a person at all, but a mechanical man's best friend.
Technospawn wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:04 amThe Force cannon has heavy pulse so it is +1 to shooting and +3 damage. That means this weapon is less effective than a TW force cannon unless I missed something.
Good point! I'll add that in.

And I thought about Snapfire. It's actually redundant. Firing is a full round action, which means no movement or multi-actions.
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

A force cannon is a vehicle weapon that cannot be used by someone with a strength of d10.

It is not uncommon for vehicle weapons to be more powerful than hand carried ones
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Ndreare wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:26 am A force cannon is a vehicle weapon that cannot be used by someone with a strength of d10.

It is not uncommon for vehicle weapons to be more powerful than hand carried ones.
Actually it's minimum strength d12. So with a HJ reduction, it could in fact be d10. That's how I got where I am on the Manpack Railgun.
Tales of the 17th SOG
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

My reasoning on the revision: Force Cannon (A&M); Railgun instead of Force cannon, tech instead of tw; Multi-Optic Scope, Full round action to fire, Increased Reload Time, Weight Reduction by a step
Increases Damage per die, but decreases AP (was 3d10+5, AP 15); I'm not convinced both shouldn't be higher, but I figure I'll let others push them up or not. The Force Cannon is a good stand in. I also reduced the range to the same as the mini-railgun and Force Cannon. It's stupidly long range enough as to not be an issue if it can't go 500".
Current: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=2352

The brain child of the KLS corporation, this rail gun design is a miniaturized version of the RG-14 Electromagnetic Mass Driver. It's flexibility, efficiency, and relatively light weight make it the most potent man-portable, anti-armor & anti-demon weapon system ever produced. The only drawback is the delay in discharge as the capacitors spool up to release the hypersonic sabot payload. Several cases of these rifles have been released for field testing.
• Dmg: 3d12+3, AP: 12
• ROF: 1; Shooting is a full round action.
• Shots: 12, Helical magazine containing APDS rounds (Armor-Piercing Discarding Sabots)
• Notes: Integrated Multi-Optics Scope, Hyperkinetic, MD, Snapfire, Precision Firing: Gain a +1 to Hit.
• • Helical magazines must be custom made by highly skilled weapons shops and have a base cost of 1000 credits each.
• • APDS rounds must be custom made by highly skilled weapons shops and have a base cost of 250 credits each.
• Rarity: -6 (Rare) Cost: 400,000
[/list]
Tales of the 17th SOG
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Was editing when High Command replied, so reversed edit above.

So this weapon has:
1 die type less strength
2x the Shots
slightly less than 1/2 the weight (which while I am not opposing makes no sense at all, this thing should be real heavy, at a minimum for recoil)

I really do not see it needing something else and am not in favor of adding more features and am opposed to the idea
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Boyce is right that it included Heavy Pulse, stock; given I based this on that, and it isn't optional (every shot is heavy pulse), that's not something extra. I simply forgot it. I could be convinced to remove the bonus to hit; unlike the Force Cannon, it has a Multi-optics scope (cause as an anti-material/sniper rifle, it should).

As for the weight, I left it what it was when Lloyd created it. Again, I do have a source to consider here. The Force Cannon was simply the closest thing I could find that fit the right damage profile (basically that of a medium railgun) without being a medium railgun (and requiring a lot of mental gymnastics just to get to the base item).

So it has the +3 of Heavy Pulse, but not the bonus to hit; has both Snapfire and needs a full round action to fire (redundant, but why not). Also, because it is custom crafted ammunition, it can be silver. I'm lifting the price based on silver railgun ammo. At 9K (B&B p. 38) per shot, it's not going to be a casual choice.
• ROF: 1
• • APDS rounds must be custom made by highly skilled weapons shops and have a base cost of 250 credits each. Silver-
coated ammunition costs 9,000 credits per Shot, and must be custom made as well.

• Rarity: -6 (Rare) Cost: 900,000
[/list]
Tales of the 17th SOG
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

So we decided on +3 damage from heavy pulse but not the +1 shooting?

Force Cannon is 50/100/200 3d12(+3) AP12 ROF 1 Shots 6 Min STR d12 weight 42 shooting +1, rarity -4, $300,000
add HJ RW #11 reduces min str to d10 and weight to 28lbs and then add HJ RW #18 for Multi-optics scope

Manpack is 50/100/200 3d12(+3) AP 12 RoF 1 shots 12 Min Str d10 weight 20lbs rarity -6, $400,000

Suggested rewrite
Manpack is 50/100/200 3d12(+3) AP 12 RoF 1 shots 12 Min Str d10 weight 28lbs, Multi-optic scope, rarity -6, $400,000

So the only advantage it picks up is the extra large magazine of 12 shots in exchange for the +1 to shooting form heavy pulses.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

You can click on Multi-optics above for the full details, but basically it gives a +1 to hit; so its not so much that you're giving up the +1 from Heavy Pulse as we're moving it to another source. 3d12+3 was my target damage anyway.

The original Palladium weapon has its own weight, so I'll continue to use that - a large part of the min str is the bulk. It is a big weapon that requires you to basically root in place, like a Glitter Boy. The biggest change is the reduced min strength, double payload, and that it's no longer TW (with those restrictions and bonuses it brings).

One thing I am going to remove is the full round action. Snapfire covers the lack of movement without adding extra complexity.

I am underestimating cost. Because you're right that it's basically two HJ results on top of it, with a trapping change (a wash). so 300K +300K (min strength) + 300K (double payload) = 900K. I'll update that below.

The brain child of the KLS corporation, this rail gun design is a miniaturized version of the RG-14 Electromagnetic Mass Driver. It's flexibility, efficiency, and relatively light weight make it the most potent man-portable, anti-armor & anti-demon weapon system ever produced. The only drawback is the delay in discharge as the capacitors spool up to release the hypersonic sabot payload, requiring the shooter to root in place, not unlike the USA-G10 the weapon is based on. Several cases of these rifles have been released for field testing.
• ROF: 1
• • APDS rounds must be custom made by highly skilled weapons shops and have a base cost of 250 credits each. Silver-
coated ammunition costs 9,000 credits per Shot, and must be custom made as well.

• Rarity: -6 (Rare) Cost: 900,000
[/list]
Tales of the 17th SOG
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Seems okay to me.
GM Bennies: 7/7
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

@Tribe of One - any thoughts on the Beast Master conversation with the Clockwork Wolf? It's on the last page at the end.
Tales of the 17th SOG
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

High Command wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:52 am @Tribe of One - any thoughts on the Beast Master conversation with the Clockwork Wolf? It's on the last page at the end.
When I suggested the stats and upgrades, I was thinking that Beast Master would not apply, meaning its stats were more or less locked in. For a Silver (Gold ?) level item, it's already pretty beefy.

I'd go one of two ways:

1): Leave stats as is. Beast Bond applies normally. Beast Master may be applied to the Clockwork Wolf, but only to make it a Wild Card.

2): Roll the stats back just a bit (Either Strength back to 1d10, and/or reduce the bite to be equivalent to the vibro-shortsword, as initial thoughts). Beast Bond applies normally. Beast Master may be applied to

Nevermind. Actually reading Beast Master, you can only ever increase one Trait, once, per pet. So, I'd say let Beast Bond and Beast Master apply normally, with the exception that Beast Master cannot be used to increase the Size of the Clockwork Wolf. Effectively, you can take it once to increase a single Trait, and once to make the wolf a Wild Card. I still might roll the Strength back to 1d10, or make the bite Str+1d8, AP 8.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Taking Tribe's feedback into account: It's a Gold item. I rolled strength back to d10 - 2d10, AP 10 feels a bit better.

I lifted the No Speech from the Demon Animal entry in B&B. It works perfectly for the intended purpose of allowing full understanding while not making them more communicative than a normal animal.

Final Version - yay or nay
Clockwork Wolf (Patron Item) SWADE
Unique Magical Construct
Disposition: akin to that of a highly loyal canine companion; affectionate, playful, protective, and somewhat obedient. It is smart for an animal intelligence, however, and will act according to what it thinks is the best course of action.
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6 (A), Spirit d6, Strength d10, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Intimidation d8, Notice d6, Stealth d8
Pace: 10; Parry: 6; Toughness: 13 (6)
Edges: Alertness (Magical Sensors)
Special Abilities:
• Bite: Str+d10, AP 10, Mega-Damage.
• Clockwork Hide: Provide +6 Armor and +1 Toughness
• Construct: +2 to recover from being Shaken; ignores 1 point of Wound penalties; does not breathe or suffer from disease or poison. It does not heal, but is repaired with the lower of Arcana, Occult, and Repair.
• Fearless: Clockwork Wolves are immune to Fear and Intimidation, but they are smart enough to react to fear-causing situations aptly.
• No Speech: The Clockwork Wolf understands humanoid speech, but they cannot speak.
• Speed: d10 running die.

History: Shifters and Xenobiologists alike have cataloged these curious extra-dimensional mechanical constructs across the megaverse from obscure pocket dimensions to the the sprawl of the Three Galaxies. Their origins are a completely mystery, but master dwarven techno-smiths of the United Worlds of Warlock take credit for these seemingly living works of extraordinary craftsmanship and artistic skill. While incredibly rare to find, the behavior of these automatons is universally identical and they are the finest and most loyal of any possible companion.

Note: The Beast Bond and Beast Master Edges apply as normal, except that you cannot gain more of the Clockwork Wolves, nor can you increase it's size. You could gain another additional pet aside from the Clockwork Wolf, as normal.
Tales of the 17th SOG
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Next hairy item: the Tesla Bow

Spirit Bow as Superscience.
Supernatural bonus becomes Tesla Overcharge
Add Multi-Optic Scope (HJ) - no arguments on this one please, it's literally one of the item's iconic features.
Add Neural Disrupter Stun Effect to all attacks (per Empires) (HJ) (it used to be the electricity fatigue trapping from SWD)
Increasing Strength Minimum to replace Spirit requirement. It is heavy for a bow. Price is a total crap shoot - the spirit bow is unpriced.

Tesla Bow (Patron Item) (Ruby; SWADE)
The Tesla Bow is a weapon whose origins and name are lost to the annals of history. The bow fires what are effectively miniature, focused, and directed bolts of lightning. It is theorized that the weapon somehow draws power from the dimensional fabric of reality itself, and so never requires recharging.
What mad genius could develop such a radical technology will likely remain a mystery unknown to the megaverse.

• Range: 30/60/120
• Damage: 4d6, AP 6
• Rate of Fire: 1
• Payload: Unlimited
• Tesla Overcharge: The Tesla Bow can overcharge to cause an extra d6 damage and increase AP by 4, but if any of the Shooting dice are a 1, the bow must recharge for a round before it can fire again. Doing so is an Innate Action.
• Tesla Effect: If hit, whether damaged or not, victims check Vigor at −2 (−4 with a raise) or are Stunned.
• Tesla Bio-Electric Enhancing Scope: Through means which are not understood, the Tesla bow actually creates a targeting scope which makes hitting the target easier. It's made purely of electricity, but acts as a multi-optic scope.
• Notes: Two-handed weapon, Integrated Multi-Optics Scope, MD
• Minimum Strength: d8 (8 lbs).
• Rarity: -8 Cost: 1,500,000
Tales of the 17th SOG
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Also on the docket: The Ruby item: DS-2 TW Exploratory Armor
Base Cost: T-11 Enhanced Heavy EBA - 100K (-2)
Major: Add Power: Fly (Air trapping) (-3 Availability, +25K)
Major: Add Power: Farsight (-2 Availability, +25K
Major: Add Danger Sense (+25K, -1 Availability)
Minor: 5 PPE Battery, default recharge (+5K)
Minor: Add seperate Aquatic trapping for Fly (+5K)

DS-2 TW Exploratory Armor (Patron Item)
This suit of light armor is based off of a rare pre-rifts design of space exploration armor. A reclusive Techno-Wizard found a small cache of the suits on a trip to Dinosaur Swamp and modified them to make a hardy, land-based survival suit for exploration. Only a few dozen of these suits are known to exist, and somehow have come into the hands of adventurers.
• +7 Armor, +3 Toughness (Unpowered: +3 Armor, +1 Toughness)
• HUD with all around cameras. Allows wearer to view 6 info or camera screens while still being able to see what is going on in front of them, also granting magical optics. Grants low light vision, the farsight power, as well as the Danger Sense Edge. If the character already has the Danger Sense Edge, then it grants Sixth Sense instead. If the character has both, they get a +1 on the Danger Sense roll, in addition to any other modifiers.
• Multi-purpose Flight/Swim Mobility Pack: The flight pack has a two mobility modes. Each must be activated separately. In essence, they both use the fly power, but one is only usable underwater.
• Notes: While Powered, the armor grants EBA, increases Strength by two die types, add +1 to Pace, and the wearer ignores Min Str. It has a built in PPE Battery (5 PPE). It is TW Gear and uses TW Armor Activation.
• Minimum Strength: d8 (40 lb)
• Rarity: -8 Cost: 190,000
Tales of the 17th SOG
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Another Ruby Item:

Okay, this is a new one and I see it being contentious. I've tried to scale this back while keeping its flavor. I hope I succeeded. Behold the Eye of Odin.
Cast Detect/Conceal Arcana, Bolt and Fear
5 PPE x2
Grants a minor hindrance, or trade that for a Major, but the equivalent of Optics Cybernetics (+90K (60K +50% for magic equivalent of tech))
Because it's a rune item, the bearer also gains Wanted (Minor) as everyone on a megaversal scale wants to steal it from them.

Eye of Odin (Patron Item)
This greater rune item is made of black metal and is encircled with tiny runes. While possessed of great power, it slowly drives its user to cut out their own eye and jam the eye into the socket. To use it its detection powers the bearer must hold it up to their eye. The item uses nightmares (waking and sleeping) to urge the bearer to become one with it. Despite this, the Eye has no personality of its own, only offering empathic urges and impressions. Regardless, it is a potent artifact and highly sought after.
• Grants the bearer the powers of bolt, detect/conceal arcana, and fear. It has 10 PPE and recharges normally.
• Totally Indestructible Greater Rune Item.
• Curse: The bearer suffers from the Mania (Minor) Hindrance (TLPG p. 71) as the item urges them to cut out their own eye. If they succumb, they instead suffer from the Ugly (Major) Hindrance, but gain the following: The bearer has perfect normal sight, ignores Illumination Penalties and gains +2 to all sight-based Notice checks and versus blinding flashes and effects. Doing so costs the user no Strain, however. If the eye is removed (does not require surgery, it goes in and out as a non-functional glass or wooden eye would), the character has the One Eyed Hindrance until the Eye of Odin is replaced. The bearer cannot see out of it unless it is in their eye socket.
• Cost: Priceless. Rune items go for hundreds of millions of credits, but offering one for sale is tantamount to asking for someone to steal it from you. Temporal Raiders, wizards of all stripes, and high end thieves covet items like these. Having an item like this is the equivalent of the Wanted (Minor) Hindrance as brigands of all stripes try to take it from you.

History: The origin of the Eyes of Odin are lost to the annals of time. Legend has it that they were coveted artifacts during the great Elf-Dwarf war, but after the war and the consequent purge of rune items, most are believed to have been lost. The nightmares that come with the Eye gives some credence that they are somehow psychically linked to Odin.
Tales of the 17th SOG
JAXSON, Antone
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by JAXSON, Antone »

Is there a tech version of the Gold Grenade Launcher for us solid CS loyalist that don't want to be tainted by the foul stench of magic?
Uber Awesome Borg
”Experimental Cyborg, Codename X-13”
CPL JAXSON, Antone
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Combat Cyborg
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+2, Vigor d12
Pace: 10 D8; Parry: 8; Toughness: 34 (17); Strain: 6/6
”Skills”
  • Athletics d6
  • Common Knowledge d4
  • Fighting D10+2 (+2 with unarmed)
  • Notice d8
  • Piloting d6
  • Persuasion d4
  • Shooting d8 (+1 calibrated weapons)
  • Stealth d8+2
”Edges”
  • Ambidextrous (Human): No off hand penalties
  • Well Equipped “Rich” (Hinderance): armor upgrades are not cheap but someone in command likes you kid.
  • Brawler (Hinderance): +1 toughness and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Martial Artist (HJ): +1 fighting and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Very Well Equipped “Very Rich” (HJ): Weapon upgrades are not cheap but someone in command likes you kid.
  • Martial Warrior (HJ): +1 fighting and +1 die of unarmed damage.
  • Luck (HJ): 1 extra benny
  • Quick (HJ): Action card 5 or lower draws a new card
  • Bruiser (HJ): +1 toughness and +1 die of unarmed damage
  • Fleet Footed (IF): +2 pace and +1 die running
  • More Machine (IF): +2 recover from shaken and stunned, ignore 1 wound penalty, immune to disease, drowning, poison. +4 to resist cold, heat, and radiation.
  • Size 1 (IF): +1 toughness
  • Upgradeable (IF): +6 strain
  • Unarmed Combat (IF): Str+d4 MD in unarmed combat and always armed
  • Frenzy (Cyber): Extra fighting die on 1 attack
  • Improved Frenzy (Cyber): Extra fighting die on 2 attacks
  • Iron Jaw (1st): +2 soak and vigor rolls to avoid knockout
  • First Strike (2nd): Free fighting attack when a foe moves into range
”Hinderances”
  • PTSD (Minor): Roll spirit each session. Lose benny on failure
  • Vow: Coalition Fanatic Patriot (Major): Follow orders.
  • Driven (Minor): Antone will make any sacrifice to get citizenship for his momma.
  • Heroic (Major): You can not lead from the back.
  • Illiterate (Minor): No time for school
  • Obligation (Minor): Nothing comes for free. Your benefactor “asks” for favors.
  • All those moving Parts (IF): can not be healed, has to be repaired, no golden hour
  • Heavy (IF): -2 to all trait rolls if the vehicle is not equipped for borgs.
  • Inhuman Appearance (IF): -1 persuasion rolls when dealing with most beings
  • Lost of Dexterity (IF): -1 to agility and all linked skills not directly related to combat.
Bennies=6/4
”Spent bennies”
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Unfortunately, because it's TW, I can't easily retrap it to SuperTech (WS) - the base assumptions are just too different.
Tales of the 17th SOG
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

I feel like these are getting to the point of breaking one of the ground rules: They are not superior to, nor the equal of, Signature items.

These are all pretty clearly at Signature Item level, in terms of mods, etc. However, for the armor and the Eye, the selection of powers is fairly sub-optimal, so neither one strikes me as really out-of-line. Although I think I'd have the Eye go ahead and cause Strain once physically implanted. Can always take Cyber-Psychic Alignment.

The Tesla Bow is the one that I think goes too far (and by a considerable measure). A Spirit Bow-equivalent with no extra bells and whistles is a Sig Item option, and this stacks on the MOS (not a big deal, as they're cheap and could be added anyway), free stuns on every hit and the overcharge is, if anything, more useful/easy to access than the normal bonus vs. supernatural.

Looked at another way, it's like a regular bow with unlimited arrows (Major?) that are a combination of explosive + stun arrows (at least Major), double range (we used to increase by 50% for a Major, so say x2 Majors), an MOS (at least a Minor), and then the overcharge, which is better than a couple of Edges (Giant-Killer+Take 'Em Down, but applicable against everything), so stack another couple of Major mods on for that.

So, I'd say it needs to stay more strictly within the confines of the Spirit Bow (including something akin to the Spirit Bow's built-in Hindrance/limitation of only working for heroic types). Perhaps:
  • Basic statline (Range, base Damage, ROF) stay as the Spirit Bow.
  • Give it the MOS
  • Reduce the Tesla Effect to: Targets struck by the bow, whether damaged or not, suffer a -2 penalty to recover from Shaken for 1 round.
  • Tesla Overcharge: Requires Str 1d10 and adds the Snapfire quality, on top of what you have already.
  • Add a Static Discharge drawback: While wielding the bow, and for at least one hour after it is used, the wielder suffers a -2 penalty when using electronic devices and adds +2 to the result when rolling for related Technical Difficulties.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

-2/+2 feels punitive. Went with -1/+1 for now. If more folks feel we need to bump it up to -2, we'll do so. Can you give me feedback on the rest @Tribe of One? Thank you btw.

Also, I added the Clockwork Wolf to the list of available items. That makes all of Gold done.

Tesla Bow (Patron Item) (Ruby; SWADE)
The Tesla Bow is a weapon whose origins and name are lost to the annals of history. The bow fires what are effectively miniature, focused, and directed bolts of lightning. It is theorized that the weapon somehow draws power from the dimensional fabric of reality itself, and so never requires recharging.
What mad genius could develop such a radical technology will likely remain a mystery unknown to the megaverse.

• Range: 30/60/120
• Damage: 4d6, AP 6
• Rate of Fire: 1
• Payload: Unlimited
• Tesla Overcharge: The Tesla Bow can overcharge to cause an extra d6 damage and increase AP by 4, but if any of the Shooting dice are a 1, the bow must recharge for a round before it can fire again. Doing so is an Innate Action. Using this requires Min Str d10 and adds Snapfire.
• Tesla Effect: Targets struck by the bow, whether damaged or not, suffer a -2 penalty to recover from Shaken for 1 round.
• Tesla Bio-Electric Enhancing Scope: Through means which are not understood, the Tesla bow actually creates a targeting scope which makes hitting the target easier. It's made purely of electricity, but acts as a multi-optic scope.
• Static Discharge: While wielding the bow, and for at least one hour after it is used, the wielder suffers a -1 penalty when using electronic devices and adds +1 to the result when rolling for related Technical Difficulties.
• Notes: Two-handed weapon, Integrated Multi-Optics Scope, MD
• Minimum Strength: d8 (8 lbs).
• Rarity: -8 Cost: 1,500,000
Tales of the 17th SOG
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

I will refrain from giving feedback on the signature items.

But I would like to say I like your new signature.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

As long as its constructive, I welcome the feedback. And thanks.
Tales of the 17th SOG
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

I think the armor is okay, but I think the Eye ought to inflict Strain normally once implanted.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

having one eye doesn't inflict any penalties to spellcasting. This allows vision not by being implanted, but by the mental link the item has with the user. if it gets taken out, it simply leaves a hole. Basically it has you dig out your eye and without the item you are one eyed. I should probably add that in.

Changed Curse to read as follows: Curse: The bearer suffers from the Mania (Minor) Hindrance (TLPG p. 71) as the item urges them to cut out their own eye. If they succumb, they instead suffer from the Ugly (Major) Hindrance, but gain the following: The bearer has perfect normal sight, ignores Illumination Penalties and gains +2 to all sight-based Notice checks and versus blinding flashes and effects. Doing so costs the user no Strain, however. If the eye is removed (does not require surgery, it goes in and out as a non-functional glass or wooden eye would), the character has the One Eyed Hindrance until the Eye of Odin is replaced. The bearer cannot see out of it unless it is in their eye socket.

@Ndreare - I modified the armor to give Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, or a +1 to the roll if you have both.
Tales of the 17th SOG
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Great thanks HC
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Oh dang, it has a strength minimum now even when active?
I may need to swap it out.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

@Ndreare

• Notes: While Powered, the armor grants EBA, increases Strength by two die types, add +1 to Pace, and the wearer ignores Min Str. It has a built in PPE Battery (5 PPE). It is TW Gear and uses TW Armor Activation.
Tales of the 17th SOG
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Great, thanks.

I guess literacy is a challenge for me as well.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades