Well now is your chance to prove it.
So here are the rules...
Rifts Savage Showdown!
- Double Elimination random advancement brackets matches.
- Each player may only enter one character.
- All session conditions reset each match, including but not limited to: Burn (Juicers get 4 as if running a oneshot), TW Gadgets, Bennies, ISP, and PPE.
- Each Phase of the Battle will take place on a different arena map provided by yours truly with players starting on opposite ends. But the same map will be used in all matches of a given round.
- Meta Knowledge is okay, this is not Role Play this is War Gaming!
- Fast Paced, in order for this to work you are required to post your turn within 3 business days or the turn will advance and your character will be on hold. Each bracket will be given 2 weeks to complete.
- Make a starting Rifts Character 100% Rules As Written, with a few exceptions.
- No random rolls in character creation, this includes but is not limited to Starting Funds, Fortune & Glory, Hero's Journey. For this one time event your character is designed however you would like. (Unfortunately this means your characters will not be valid outside of the arena.)
- No custom races. Races must come from Savage Worlds Deluxe or Tomorrow Legion Players Guide.
- No Sidekicks.
- The Characters may be built using only what is found in Savage Worlds Deluxe, and The Tomorrow Legion Players Guide.
- The characters will start with 0 XP, or if MARS 20 XP.
- No EP may be spent in the battle or making of the characters. They must be 100% Rules as Written.
- With all other official answers and ruling provided by Clint Black being final. If a ruling has not been made yet the Site GMs will arbitrate with yours truly making the final judgement.
- A Site GM will set up the individual starting rounds, map and initiative cards once each bracket is decided.
- Trapping: The mechanic effects of the trappings from TLPG are allowed, they can be renamed however the mechanical effects must be identical.
- Necromancy Trappings: As per the TLPG The mechanical effects of Necromancy trappings are not available to Cyber-Knights Ley Line Walkers, Mystics, Techno Wizards, Mind Melters, Bursters, or Dragons. (They may still be learned by MARS or Glitter Boys)
- Incapacitating a enemy for three successive rounds, such as slumber, grappling, entangle, etc will count as a win.
- As per Savage Worlds Deluxe Characters may spend starting resources and are assumed to have equipment ready prior to play beginning. I interpret this to include TW modifications and as such those will be available "at cost" for this Showdown.
Final Character Submission Date is 11:59 PST on 4/21/2018.
Round 1 will be initiated 5/1/2018.
Grand Prize $20 at drivethru.com, plus the unofficial title of Munchkin Overlord.
Second and Third place contestants will receive $10 at drivethru.com
There are no losers! Each participant will receive 1 EP as a Boon for participating in the contest.
Why Double elimination you may ask, Well as it turns out every now and then the dice hate a perfectly awesome build. Lets make them really show that hate for your character and prove it.
All Character Must be Built using Savage Worlds Deluxe and Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide only.
To help keep track of everything during creation, here is the site character sheet template to use: Blank Savage Rifts Character Sheet
Save yourself a copy and edit it until ready for submission.
If you plan to participate, please say so bellow.
These are examples of the maps we will me using for this conflict. As the beginning of each round I will declare which map is being used for the round and a special challenge (Primarily a skill roll of some sort) . If your character passes the challenge for the map you begin your next map with an additional benny. If the benny is not used it can carry into the next round.
Without Guidance in the rules as written for vehicle sizes on maps when your tokens are created the following guidelines should be used.
Size -2 through +2: 1 Square
Size 3 through 7: 2 Squares by 2 Squares
Size 8 or larger: 3 Squares by 3 Squares
When your character is drafted and ready for review create a new post at the following forum and paste them for review.
EDIT 5/10/2018: When a Joker is drawn only the player drawing the Joker receives the benny. The opponent will not receive a benny.