Growler (Dogboy Nega Psychic)

GM: Freemage
They are lead by Osanna "Joker" Wilde, a real wild card.
The 7th SET is the premiere special exploration team comprised of some of the most amazing and unique characters.
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Growler (Dogboy Nega Psychic)

Post by Growler »

HJ Rolls
  • [dice:1hgrnap3]61466:0[/dice:1hgrnap3]
    • Underworld and Black Ops
      • Your character is inherently gifted at larceny, possessing the Thief Edge without concern for requirements. He also gains +1 Skill Point to spend on Athletics, Stealth, or Thievery as he chooses.
    [dice:1hgrnap3]61466:1[/dice:1hgrnap3]
    • Experience and Wisdom
      • Some experiences take a person back to the beginning, reconnecting her to her foundations. Select one Background Edge, regardless of requirements, so long as it makes sense and the GM agrees with it.
Background

“Lone Star made me. I was an experimental model, a new Mage Hunter. The rest of my litter all died when we were young, and even though they tried numerous times, they weren’t able to get any more survivors. They trained me to hunt in the Federation of Magic as an assassin. You don’t want to know the methods they used in my training, believe me. I try not to think about those times. I don’t believe they fully understood all of my abilities, but were going to use me.”

“My first real mission was also my last one. It was during the Siege of Tolkeen. I was sent to get into the city and take out targets of convenience among the enemy forces… mages who were on their own. Due to my nature, I was able to get through their magical protections and into the city. My first target ended up a Shifter. He had just finished off summoning a Demon and was drained by the effort. I finished him in his sleep. My second, and last, target was a Techno-Wizard alone in his shop at night working. He never knew what hit him. After I killed him, I saw the pictures on his workbench of his wife and kids. While I was searching his shop for some intel to help me choose my next target, I heard his family approach. I hid and watched, thinking that if any had magical ability, I would kill them too. I wasn’t prepared for what I saw. I saw the shock, horror, and then anguish at seeing him dead. I then snuck out, knowing I could never again participate in a war like this one. I guess my wolf genes overriding my subservient dog genes.”

“I made my way out of the city and took out my handlers. Knowledge of me and my abilities was never known widely, and this was most of those in the know. The only ones who should know were back at Lone Star. I then left the area and came here to perhaps perform penance for the deaths of that man. George Wassing. The Shifter was a Demon summoner, but George was just a family man with a skill that was trying to help protect his family. I don’t know if his family survived, but I know I would have never been able to get them safe of the siege, even if they would’ve trusted me. Instead, I try to help people where I can. I use my skills for good, taking out those who like hurting others, and however else I can.”

“Am I worthy of joining, probably not, but I need to help, and you seem to be the best way to get support to do that.”
Last edited by Growler on Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Growler
Main Character: Tiny Tim
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Berk
Pace: 8 [12] (d8); Parry: 6 (8); Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 40 / 40
PP: 15 / 15

Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 2/3
Base Amount
-1 due Reroll on Navigation Roll
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Growler 2.0 - Dogboy Nega Psychic

Post by Growler »

Dogboy
  • Bite: Dog Boys bite for Strength+d6 damage and may bite grappled prey, see Natural Weapons in Savage Worlds.
  • Breed Advantage: A Dog Boy begins with the Breed Advantage Edge (see sidebar). The player decides what breed (or breeds) the character is influenced by. - WOLF
  • Keen Sense of Smell: Dog Boys have an excellent sense of smell - gain a +2 to smell-based Notice checks and +2 on all Survival (tracking) rolls.
  • Keen Sense of Hearing: Psi-Hounds have exceptional canine hearing, +2 to sound-based Notice checks.
  • Low Light Vision: Dog Boys ignore Dim and Dark Illumination penalties.
  • Mutant: Dog Boys are awkward around non-human populations, and many are frightened by their association
    with the Coalition. Initial Reactions to them typically start at Uncooperative.
  • Near-Human Physiology: Engineered from Rifts Earth genetic stock, those unfamiliar with Psi-Hound physiology suffer a −1 penalty to Healing and cybernetics checks.
  • Oddly Built: The Psi-Hound project produces mutant canines with peculiar physical builds. Long snouts, digitigrade legs, tails, and other oddities mean most standard armor and clothing must be custom-made at double normal cost. Glitter Boy armor (and the Iconic Framework) and most human power armor is not an option.
  • Psychic Sense: Dog Boys have the inherent ability to detect arcana, interpreting it as a scent. This sense is always active. They use the Notice skill (+2 from Keen Sense of Smell) to detect the presence and location of anything psychic, magic, or supernatural. They can also use Survival (also +2 from Keen Sense of Smell) to track a specific entity or item fitting the above criteria. Psychic Sense doesn’t work inside sealed armor or vehicles. Every point of cybernetic Strain imposes a −1 penalty to Psychic Sense.
  • Restricted Paths: Dog Boys cannot take any Arcane Background using PPE, nor any Iconic Framework that includes it.
  • Wanted Hindrance (Minor): There is a standing Coalition bounty for bringing in "feral" Dog Boys.
  • Weakness (Ley Line Hypersensitivity): Dog Boys lose their Psychic Sense on or close (within 2" or 4 yards) to a ley line. Ley line storms cause a level of Fatigue from severe headaches and distress as for a psychic (which does not stack if they have the Arcane Background).
Nega Psychic
NEGA-PSYCHIC ABILITIES AND BONUSES
Whether human, near-human, Psi-Stalker, or otherwise, Nega-Psychics are born to resist and combat the supernatural and arcane powers. Extensive training and practice are required to hone this capacity into an effective set of offensive and defensive tools. At the same time, Nega- Psychics learn how to fight and survive in a dangerous world where beneficial magic and psionics do them little good.
Nega-Psychics have a limited set of powers: arcane protection*, banish, boost Trait*, darksight*, environmental protection*, havoc, smite*, and telekinesis. Powers marked with an (*) have the Range (Self) limitation listed under Trappings in Savage Worlds; ISP costs are reduced accordingly.
  • Arcane Background (Psionics): Nega-Psychics begin with Arcane Background (Psionics) choosing three powers from the above list, the Major Psionic Edge, Psionics d6 and 20 ISP (10 ISP base, doubled by Major Psionic). Their powers are not disrupted by their own Greater Arcane Resistance.
  • Disrupt Magic: A Nega-Psychic can use dispel any time (automatically interrupting actions) as a free action, rolling Spirit at no penalty for different Arcane Backgrounds. When activating dispel ISP costs are paid normally, and she may use Modifiers she has access to.
  • Greater Arcane Resistance: This Nega-Psychic ability reduces damage from all arcane sources (including poison and disease) by 8 points. All Arcane Backgrounds are included, as are inherently supernatural or psionic monstrous abilities. Arcane skills targeting the Nega-Psychic suffer a −8 penalty, and she gains +8 to opposed Trait rolls to resist powers.
    They may take Arcane Resistance and the improved version to further increase these modifiers.
  • Rapid Healing: Nega-Psychics make a natural healing roll daily to recover Wounds, or Injuries once all Wounds are healed. They are +2 on rolls to resist Poison and Disease Hazards.
  • Rebellious Spirit: Nega-Psychics begin with the Brave and Strong Willed Edges.
NEGA-PSYCHIC COMPLICATIONS
  • The “anti-power” of a Nega-Psychic is a double edged sword; they cannot benefit from beneficial arcane or psionic powers. They show up as a psychic blank and tend to be reviled by supernatural beings and those who abuse their power.
  • Beneficial Powers Resistance: Nega- Psychics can still wield TW gear, such as firing a TW weapon or using the farsight ability in a pair of TW goggles. However, anything external that would give her a direct benefit to herself (like healing or mind link cast by an ally) is rolled at a −8 due to her Greater Arcane Resistance.
  • Cybernetics: Disrupting the inherent power flows within a Nega-Psychic’s spirit can harm her resistances. Each point of Strain from cybernetics reduces the value of Greater Arcane Resistance by one, so 3 points would reduce her resistance to 5.
  • Enemies: Supernatural creatures and beings tend to hate Nega-Psychics with an unreasoning fury, often attacking them first if their abilities are discovered.
Attributes
Creation: Agi ->d8 (2); Sma ->d8 (2); Spi ->d6 (1)
Ra Str ->d8 (Strong Breed)
N1 Spi ->d8
S3 Spi ->d10
S4 Str ->d6 (Rugged Breed)
V3 Sma ->d10
STR: d6
AGI: d8
SMA: d10
SPI: d10
Vig: d6

ISP: 50
Toughness: 15(6)
Pace: 8 (d8) [12 (d8)]
Parry: 6 [8]

Skills
Athletics d4(Core)->d8(2)
Common Knowledge d4(Core)
Fighting ->d8(3)
Focus d4(Shard)
Notice d4(Core)->d8(2)
Persuasion d4(Core)
Psionics d6(IF)->d8(1)
Shooting ->d8(3)
Stealth d4(Core)->d8(2)
Survival ->d8(3)
Athletics: d8 -> d12+2 (Possible +1)
Common Knowledge: d4
Fighting: d8
Focus: d4
Notice: d8
Persuasion: d4
Psionics: d8 -> d12+2 (Possible up to +2)
Shooting: d8
Stealth: d8 -> d12+2 (Possible +1 OR +2)
Survival: d8

Hindrances
Overconfident (Shard)
There’s nothing out there your hero can’t defeat. At least that’s what he thinks. He believes he can do most anything and never wants to retreat from a challenge. He’s not suicidal, but he certainly takes on more than common sense dictates.
Loyal (m)
This stalwart defender risks her life for her friends without hesitation. Some Loyal heroes may not act that way, but are the first to come to their friends’ rescue when they’re threatened.
Enemy (m)
Someone out there hates the character and wants him ruined, locked away, or dead. The value of the Hindrance depends on how powerful the enemy is and how often he might show up. A Minor Enemy might be a lone gunslinger out for vengeance or a betrayed brotherhood that’s deadly but appears rarely. A Major Enemy might represent powerful authorities, a band of outlaws, or a single very powerful and relentless rival.
If the enemy is one day defeated, the GM should gradually work in a replacement, or the hero may buy off the Hindrance by sacrificing an Advance.
  • George Wassing's Family Member
Heroic (M)
This noble soul never says no to a person in need. She doesn’t have to be happy about it, but she always comes to the rescue of those she feels can’t help themselves. She’s the first one to run into a burning building, usually agrees to hunt monsters for little or no pay, and is generally a pushover for a sob story.
Edges
Adept
V4
  • Adept (Psionics)
    Upon taking this Edge, for each of his current Ranks and at each new Rank, the adept may choose one power to become an Innate Ability with the Range (self) limitation. The adept must already have the power to begin with chosen normally from his power list. The following powers may be upgraded to Innate Abilities this way: arcane protection, boost Trait, deflection, healing, protection, smite, speed, and warrior's gift. All other aspects of the character's Arcane Background and powers remain the same.
    • Novice: Boost Trait
      Seasoned: Smite
      Veteran: Arcane Protection
AB Gifted
Shard
  • „„ARCANE SKILL: Focus (Spirit)
    „„STARTING POWERS: 1 (Healing)
    „„POWER POINTS: 15
    The character has innate abilities that don’t fit into the usual tropes of magic, miracles, or psionics. Their powers may be low-level super powers, divine gifts, or even alien abilities, and are often very unusual or unique for their setting.
AB Psionics
IF
  • „ARCANE SKILL: Psionics (Smarts)
    „„STARTING POWERS: 3 (Arcane Protection, Boost Trait, Smite)
    „„POWER POINTS: 10
    Psionicists tap into their own mental energy to manipulate matter, read minds, and far more. Some are agents in the employ of a vast government agency, while others are often on the run from them! Some may have years of training or they might have developed their incredible powers in isolation.
Brave
IF
  • Those with this Edge have learned to master their fear, or have dealt with so many horrors they’ve become jaded. These valiant explorers add +2 to Fear checks and subtract 2 from Fear Table results.
Fast Breed
N3
  • Fast Breed: The Dog Boy’s Pace is increased by +2 and his Running die goes up a die type. This may only be taken once.
Major Psionic
IF
  • A greater control of mind, body, and spirit combined with the overwhelming power available on Rifts Earth means this hero can do much more with her inner strength.
    Major Psionics double the ISP gained from the Arcane Background (Psionics) and Power Points Edges.
    Before attempting a Psionics skill roll, Major and Master Psionics may spend 2 ISP to gain +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
Marksman
H
  • The hero is a natural with ranged weapons. If she doesn’t move in a turn and fires no more than a Rate of Fire of 1 per action, she may ignore up to 2 points of Athletics (throwing) or Shooting penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Range, Scale, or Speed. This stacks with the Aim maneuver and applies to each Shooting or throwing action that turn.
Pathfinder
V2
  • Pathfinders move quickly through terrain others would find impassable. A Pathfinder on foot or a bicycle ignores Difficult Terrain penalties in the wild. While traveling alone or with a group, the Pathfinder may redraw one Action Card used to determine encounters per day of travel (see Travel in Savage Worlds).
Power Points
N2 (Psionics), S2 (Psionics), V1 (Psionics)
  • Wizards, weird scientists, and other arcane types always want more power. This Edge grants them an additional 5 Power Points.
    Power Points may be selected more than once, but only once per Rank. It may be taken as often as desired at Legendary Rank, but each grants only 2 additional points.
Quick
HJ
  • Quick characters have lightning-fast reflexes and a cool head. Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.
    Characters with both the Level Headed and Quick Edges first draw their additional card and choose which to take. If that card is a Five or less, the Quick Edge may be used to draw a replacement until it’s Six or higher.
Rugged Breed
S4
  • Attribute Bonus (Agile Breed, Strong Breed, or Rugged Breed):
    The Dog Boy’s Agility, Strength, or Vigor increases by one die type, and the Trait maximum is increased by a like amount. This stacks with the regularly allowed once-per-Rank attribute increase available for Advances (for example, allowing Strength to be increased two die types over the course of Novice Rank).
Sharpshooting
H
  • Sharpshooters can move about and still focus their attention on aiming. They are experts at ricocheting shots, bulls-eying thrown moving targets, and other feats of skill using their ranged weapons. When making ranged attacks at Rate of Fire 1, the sharpshooter may either gain a +1 to hit or ignore up to 4 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Illumination, Range, Scale, or Speed.
Strong Breed
Race
  • See Rugged Breed
Strong Willed
IF
  • Self-confidence is powerful armor against those who attempt to attack this individual’s will. He adds +2 to his total when resisting Tests with Smarts or Spirit.
Thief
HJ
  • Thieves specialize in deceit, treachery, and acrobatics. They can be invaluable where traps must be detected, walls must be climbed, and locks must be picked.
    Thieves know how to use protrusions on walls and window ledges to climb the tallest of buildings, scampering through streets and back alleys like cats. They add +1 to Athletics rolls made to climb in urban areas.
    Thieves also know how to use the dark areas between the streetlights of cities to conceal their movements, and add +1 to Stealth rolls when in an urban environment.
    Finally, these rogues are—not surprisingly— adept at Thievery itself, adding +1 to those rolls in all circumstances.
Woodsman
S1
  • Woodsmen are rangers, scouts, and hunters who are more at home in the wilderness than in urban areas. They are skilled trackers and scouts, and know how to live off the land for months at a time.
    Woodsmen add +2 to Survival rolls, and Stealth rolls made in the wild (not towns, ruins, or underground).
Last edited by Growler on Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:22 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Growler

Active Powers:
None

Base Amount
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Growler (Dogboy Nega Psychic)

Post by Growler »

Equipment
Range: 15/30/60
Damage: 3d4 AP4
RoF: 3
Shots: 12
Min Str: —
Weight: 3
Rarity: −2
Cost: 72,000
Notes: 3RB; targets hit suffer lower Trait vs Vigor; on a raise they also suffer Hinder.

Damage: Str+d12 AP6
Min Str: d4
Weight: 2
Rarity: −1
Cost: 90,000
Notes: Costs 1 PP; blade has the flame Trapping, It Burns. Looks like a sword hilt with a large ruby embedded in it until activated (a free action; otherwise a Light Improvised Weapon).

Armor: +3
Toughness: +2
Min Str: d6
Weight: 13
Rarity: +1
Cost: 22,500
Notes: Counts as a Safety Harness, see Vehicles in Savage Worlds.
*Kept in Survival Pack*

Popular with adventurers and travelers, this basic survival kit is packed with ultralight gear essential to anyone roaming the vast wilderness and ruins of Rifts Earth. (20 lb, 3000 credits)
  • Climbing kit with cord, pitons, and hammer; +1 Athletics (climbing).
  • Compass/inertial mapper with a mirrored back for signaling; +1 Survival (navigation).
  • Emergency Kit with a survival knife, signal flares, and one week of sealed minimal rations.
  • Fire starter kit with pocket lighter and flint sparker.
  • First aid kit with three uses (each refill costs 100 credits).
  • Flashlight and radio (five-mile range), crank and solar powered.
  • Hunting/fishing kit +1 to Survival checks to gather food via fishing and trapping small game.
  • Sanitation kit with water filter, canteen, mess kit, soap and sterile cloth.
  • Two-person tent, insulated with a water collector, providing +2 versus cold or heat environmental Hazards. Paired with an insulated sleeping bag.

Unenchanted, crafted from exotic materials •Created from the hides of boars mutated with demonic magic; the metal-infused spines and razor-sharp edges often seem to flex in the defense of the wearer.
  • Grants +2 to opposed rolls whenever the wearer is in a Grapple (whether it's a Strength/Agility roll to break free, or a Fighting roll to inflict damage). When worn, the wearer gains the benefits of the Extraction and Combat Sense Edges (if they have either of these Edges already, they gain the Improved version). However, the shiny material and grating, rasping noise they make when worn give the wearer a -2 penalty to Stealth rolls.
    Weight: 2 lbs
    Value: 25,000 Cr, in part because they aren't exactly attractive.

Range: 30/60/120
Damage: 4d6 AP6
RoF: 1
Weight: 3
Notes: A magic item. Mega Damage. Fires spirit arrows—unlimited Shots but the archer needs d8 minimum Spirit. Granted to great warriors and heroes, especially among Native American and First Nation cultures. Gains +1d6 damage and +6 AP vs supernatural evil.

Base
  • Armor: +6
    Toughness: +4
    Min Strength: d12
    Weight: 80
    Availability: −2
    Cost: 150,000
    Notes: MDC Armor; while powered (96 hour battery) grants Strength d12+1, +2 Pace, no Min Str.
    Upgrades
    • Good for all situations, this armor suit has +1 Embedded Toughness to handle the sharpest blades and most piercing lasers. This result may only be applied once.
    • Micro exoskeleton enhancements in the legs give your hero +2 to Pace and +1" Jumping distance; may be applied up to two times.
Result: +6 MDC Armor, +5 Toughness, +4 Pace, d12+1 Strength
  • This helmet—compatible with EBA systems (see page 90) -includes a targeting sight, magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. The wearer ignores Illumination penalties, gains +2 to sight-based Notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. The helmet includes a hands-free radio (10-mile range) and megaphone voice projection system. It provides +4 Armor and +2 Toughness to the head only, and can integrate into body armor helmets for an extra 500 credits (5 lb, 25,000 credits).

Base
  • Damage: Str+2d4 AP8
    Min Strength: d6
    Weight: 2 lbs
    Availability: −2
    Cost: 11,000 Credits
    Notes: Parry +1 (must be worn as a pair for the bonus). Count as Claws. Usually a katar or three hooked blades attached to a gauntlet.
Upgrade:
  • The design of the weapon incorporates special guards or other techniques to provide the wielder +1 Parry.
    • Total +2 Parry

Damage: Str+d8 AP8
Str Min: d4
Weight: 4
Availability: −4
Cost: 3 Million Credits.
Notes: A magic item; +2 PP for +2 damage and on successful hits target rolls Spirit vs the attack roll to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and sloth; lasts 5 rounds.

Base Item NG-LG6 Laser Rifle & Launcher
  • Range: 24/48/96
    Damage: 4d6 AP 2
    Shots: 20
    Weight: 15 lbs
    Cost: 20,000 Credits
    Notes: Integral grenade launcher (18/36/72, damage by grenade, 5 Shots, Reload 2)
    • Loaded with 5 Frag Grenades
HJ Mods
  • Integrated Neural Mace
Weird Science Upgrades - Gamma Beam Trapping (Invisible to naked eye, may be detected with an Electronics roll and proper sensors)
  • Shooting +1, +1 Die-type when using launcher or laser
    Fighting +1, +1 Die-type when using Neural Mace
    Cost: 70,000 Credits

Minor Upgrades
  • +1 to Stealth
  • +1 to Stealth
Major Upgrades
  • +1 Die to Stealth
  • +1 Die to Stealth

Minor Upgrades
  • +1 to Psionics
  • +1 to Psionics
Major Upgrades
  • +1 Die to Psionics
  • +1 Die to Psionics

Minor Upgrades
  • +1 to Athletics
  • +1 to Athletics
Major Upgrades
  • +1 Die to Athletics
  • +1 Die to Athletics

Range: 5/10/20
Damage: 3d12
AP: –
Template: SBT
Weight: 0.25
Avail: −2
Cost: 1,800
Notes: On a raise targets catch fire, they take 3d6 damage each round and are Distracted until doused (see Fire in Savage Worlds).

Range: 5/10/20
Damage: 5d6
AP: –
Template: LBT
Weight: 0.25
Avail: +1
Cost: 550

Credits: 68,120
Last edited by Growler on Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:22 am, edited 13 times in total.
Growler

Active Powers:
None

Base Amount
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Growler »

Powers
Healing (Gifted)
Power Points: 3
Range: Touch
Duration: Instant
Trappings: Laying on hands
Healing removes Wounds less than an hour old. A success removes one Wound, and a raise removes two. The power may be cast additional times to remove additional Wounds within that hour and as long as the healer has enough Power Points.
For Extras, the GM must first determine if the ally is still alive (see Aftermath, page 96). If so, a successful arcane skill roll returns the ally to action (Shaken if it matters.)
MODIFIERS
  • GREATER HEALING (+10): Greater healing can restore any Wound, including those more than an hour old.
  • CRIPPLING INJURIES (+20): The power can heal a permanent Crippling Injury (see Incapacitation, page 95). This requires an hour of preparation and only one casting is permitted per injury. If it fails, this caster cannot heal that particular injury (but someone else may try). If successful, the subject is Exhausted for 24 hours.
  • NEUTRALIZE POISON OR DISEASE (+1): A successful healing roll negates any poison or disease. If the poison or disease has a bonus or penalty associated with it, the modifier applies to the arcane skill roll as well.
Arcane Protection (Psionics)
Power Points: 1 -> -1 (Target)
Range: Smarts -> Self
Duration: 5
Trappings: Concentration
Success with arcane protection means hostile powers suffer a −2 penalty (−4 with a raise) to affect this character. If the power causes harm, damage is also reduced a like amount.
Arcane protection stacks with Arcane Resistance should the recipient have both!
MODIFIERS
„„
  • ADDITIONAL RECIPIENTS (+1): The power may affect more than one target for 1 additional Power Point each.
Boost Trait (Psionics)
Boost/Lower Trait
Power Points: 2 -> -1(Aspect and Target)
Duration: 5 (boost); Instant (lower)
Trappings: Meditative Trance
This power allows a character to increase or decrease a target’s Trait (attribute or skill). Boosting an ally’s Trait increases the selected Trait one die type, or two with a raise.
Lowering an enemy’s Trait has a Duration of Instant and lowers the selected attribute or skill a die type with success, or two with a raise (to a minimum of d4). A victim automatically tries to shake off the effect with a Spirit roll as a free action at the end of his following turns. Success improves the effect one die type, and a raise removes the effect entirely.
Additional castings don’t stack on a single Trait (take the highest), but may affect different Traits.
MODIFIERS
  • „„ADDITIONAL RECIPIENTS (+1): The power may affect more than one target for 1 additional Power Point each.
    „„STRONG (+1): Lower Trait only. The Spirit roll to shake off the effect is made at −2.
Smite (Psionics)
Power Points: 2 -> 0 (Target)
Duration: 5
Trappings: Telekinetic Field
This power is cast on a weapon of some sort. If it’s a ranged weapon, it affects one entire magazine, 20 bolts, shells, or arrows, or one full “load” of ammunition (the GM determines the exact quantity for unusual weapons). While the power is in effect, the weapon’s damage is increased by +2, or +4 with a raise.
MODIFIERS
„„
  • ADDITIONAL RECIPIENTS (+1): The power may affect more than one target for 1 additional Power Point each.
Dispel (Special, IF)
Power Points: 1
Range: Smarts
Duration: Instant
Trappings: Concentration.
Dispel allows a hero to negate enemy powers. It has no effect on permanent enchantments or innate abilities such as a dragon’s breath or a banshee’s scream. Dispel affects arcane devices normally (see Arcane Devices, page 153).
Dispel can be used on a power already in effect or to counter an enemy power as it’s being used. The latter requires the countering mage to be on Hold and interrupt his foe’s action.
In either case, dispelling an opponent’s power is an opposed roll of arcane skills (with a −2 modifier if the rival’s power is of another type such as magic vs. miracles, psionics vs. weird science, etc.).
If the dispelling character wins, the targeted power ends immediately (or fails if it was countered with the usual results of failure). With a raise, the recipient of the dispelled power is also Distracted.
MODIFIERS
„„
  • POWER (+1): For +1 Power Points, dispel can disrupt enchanted devices for one round, or two with a raise. The difficulty to do so is −2 for permanently enchanted items such as found in most swords & sorcery campaigns, or −4 for divine or legendary relics.
Disrupt Magic: A Nega-Psychic can use dispel any time (automatically interrupting actions) as a free action, rolling Spirit at no penalty for different Arcane Backgrounds. When activating dispel ISP costs are paid normally, and she may use Modifiers she has access to.
Growler

Active Powers:
None

Base Amount
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Growler »

Advances

H: Marksman
H: Sharpshooting
Race: Strong Breed
Boon: +2 vs. Fear
Shard: AB Gifted (Healing), Focus d4
N1: Spirit -> d8
N2: Power Points (ISP)
N3: Fast Breed
S1: Woodsman
S2: Power Points (ISP)
S3: Spirit -> d10
S4: Rugged Breed
V1: Power Points (ISP)
V2: Pathfinder
V3: Smarts -> d10
V4: Adept
H1:
H2:
H3:
H4:
Growler

Active Powers:
None

Base Amount

Return to “Tomorrow Legion: 7th SET - Joker's Jokers”