Advances (post Advances as a reply to character sheet)
Listed in Character Creation Order to assist in conflicts.
Choose Race (Choose a Race, apply resulting modifiers)
Race: Amaki Stone Man
POSITIVE RACIAL TRAITS
- Regeneration (2): Make natural healing roll one per day.
- Hardy and Tough (5): Second Shaken result doesn't cause a wound and +3 Toughness
- Low Light Vision (1): Ignore dim and dark illumination
- Strength & Vigor (4): Start with Strength d6 and Vigor d6
NEGATIVE RACIAL TRAITS
- D-Bee (-2)
- Inhuman Physiology (-3)
- Sinks Like a Stone (-1): Can't Swim Hindrances
- Clueless (-2): a race new to North America, Stranger in a Strange Land
- Weakness: Magic and Psionics (-2): +4 damage from these sources (this is a hack, because I think -4 to resist these is overkill) 100% applies to TW and enchanted items
Choose Iconic Framework (Choose an Iconic Framework not excluded by your Race, noting Edges, Hindrances, Skills, and other modifiers.)
Iconic Framework: Techno Wizard
- One (1) roll on the following tables: Education, Enchanted Items & Mystic Gadgets, and Magic & Mysticism.
- Another (1) roll on any table except Psionics.
arcane protection, barrier (S), blast (S), blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, burrow, burst, confusion, damage field (S), darksight, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, dispel (S), drain Power Points (V), entangle, environmental protection, farsight (S), fly (V), havoc, healing, intangibility (H), invisibility (S), light/darkness, protection, relief, slumber (S), smite, sound/silence, speak language, sloth/speed, stun, telekinesis (S), teleport (S), wall walker, and warrior’s gift (S).
ABILITIES and BONUSES
Begin with standard Starting Gear substituting Adventure Survival Light Armor and a TK Revolver, plus a Tool Kit.
Hero’s Journey (If playing a MARS character, roll on the MARS Fortune & Glory Table, page 46. Roll on the Hero’s Journey tables as listed for your Iconic Framework. Roll for Narrative Hook to determine how your character ties to the story.)
- Magic & Mysticism Table (1d20) 1d20 = 7: 7: (7) Magic users benefit from a variety of spells. Your hero gains either the New Powers Edge or any one power normally unavailable (except resurrection). [ELEMENTAL MANIPULATION]
- Magic & Mysticism Table (1d20) 1d20 = 19: 19: (19:9) Magic users benefit from a variety of spells. Your hero gains either the New Powers Edge or any one power normally unavailable (except resurrection). [OBJECT READING]
Hindrances (Select up to 4 points of Hindrances (Major Hindrances are worth 2, Minor are worth 1). For 2 Hindrance points you can raise an attribute one die type or choose an Edge. For 1 Hindrance point you can gain another skill point or gain additional Starting Funds equal to twice your Iconic Framework’s starting amount.)
- Hindrance: Obligation (Major)
- Hindrance: Cautious (Minor)
- Hindrance: Slow (Minor)
Attributes (You have 5 points to distribute among them for 1 point each step. Attributes may not be raised beyond d12 unless your hero’s racial bonus or Iconic Framework states otherwise. Increasing attributes reduces the cost of buying linked skills and allows a character to obtain more powerful Edges.)
- Agility: d4 --> d6 (1)
- Smarts: d4 --> d10 (3)
- Spirit: d4 --> d6 (1)
- Strength: d4 --> d6 (Racial)
- Vigor: d4 --> d6 (Racial)
Skills (Athletics, Common Knowledge,Notice, Persuasion, and Stealth are core skills and start at d4 for free—see Expanded Skill Applications starting on page 71. More Skill Points is a Setting Rule, you have 15 points to put into skills. Each die type costs 1 point up to and equal to the linked attribute; then 2 points per step after that.)
Athletics (Ag) - d4 (Core)
Common Knowledge (Sm) - d4 (Core) --> d10 (3) --> +1 (IF cond.)
Electronics (Sm) --> d6 (IF)--> +1 (IF cond.)
Fighting (Ag) --> d6 (2)
Hacking (Sm) --> +1/+2 (IF cond.)
Notice (Sm) - d4 (Core) --> d10 (3)
Occult (Sm) --> d6 (IF) --> d10 (2)
Persuasion (Sp) - d4 (Core)
Repair (Sm) --> d6 (IF) --> +1/+2 (IF cond.)
Research (Sm) --> d4 (1) --> +1/+2 (IF cond.)
Science (Sm) --> d6 (IF) --> d10 (2)
Stealth (Ag) - d4 (Core)
Techno-Wizardry (Sm) --> d6 (IF) --> d10 (2)
Thievery (Ag) --> +1/+2 (IF cond.)
Weird Science (Sm)
Strain maximum (see page 71) is the lower of Spirit or Vigor die type.
Pace is 6″ but may be changed by racial abilities, Edges, or Hindrances.
Parry is 2 plus half of Fighting.
Toughness is 2 plus half of Vigor, plus any Armor.
Edges (Born a Hero is a Setting Rule; ignore Rank Requirements during character creation. Use any leftover Hindrance points to take Edges if you like. Each Edge costs 2 Hindrance points, Humans begin with an Edge as usual. Born a Hero applies to this edge)
- Edge: Master of Magic
- Edge: New Powers [arcane protection, protection]
If playing a MARS character, take five Advances per the rules in Savage Worlds. All other Iconic Frameworks take one Advance instead, per site rules. Record Advances below.
Initial Advances: (Bonus from Hindrances):
- Master of Magic Edge
- New Powers Edge (Protection, Arcane Protection)
Edge(s) granted by Racial Features:
Cybernetic Modifications: NONE
Novice 1 Advance: Power Points Edge (+5 || 20 Total)
Novice 2 Advance: New Powers Edge (Sound/Silence, Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Novice 3 Advance:
Seasoned 1 Advance:
Seasoned 2 Advance:
Seasoned 3 Advance:
Seasoned 4 Advance:
Veteran 1 Advance:
Veteran 2 Advance:
Veteran 3 Advance:
Veteran 4 Advance:
Heroic 1 Advance:
Heroic 2 Advance:
Heroic 3 Advance:
Heroic 4 Advance:
Legendary 1 Advance:
Legendary 2 Advance:
Legendary 3 Advance:
Legendary 4 Advance: