Notice: Board Upgrade Wednesday September 19, 2018 4 PM PST

Fan art, fiction, OOC commentary and whatever else you want to chime in with.
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Notice: Board Upgrade Wednesday September 19, 2018 4 PM PST

Post by Venatus Vinco » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Hail Savages,

On Wednesday September 19, 2018 around 4:00 p.m. PST Tiree (our veritable tech admin) will begin upgrading savagerifts.com to PHPBB 3.2.2. All told this should take about 2 hours.

In order to avoid any unnecessary disruption to our shared addiction we will provide an alternate site that you can use during the transition time. We will post the alternate link a day or two before the change over. This will also give us a temporary place to keep playing if anything goes wrong.

Tiree and I have been testing the system over the past few days and all posts, images, attachments, and dice rolls are expected to port over in tact. Username and log ins will stay the same. All you should notice is a cleaner look to the boards and a few extra icons and features.

Once the upgrade is completed we will begin to roll out new features such as Account Link (switch instantly between all your accounts), mentions, and (hopefully) an automated points system.

You can see a preview of the new board layout here

Thank you for your dedication to savagerifts.com. I appreciate your passion.

Sincerely,
Venatus Vinco
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

Tiree
Site Admin

Re: Notice: Board Upgrade Wednesday September 19, 2018 4 PM

Post by Tiree » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:47 pm

There is a slight chance that I may push this upgrade to 9 PM PST. But I do not know, till day of. Please check the SR Community Chat on Google Hangouts day of.

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Notice: Board Upgrade Wednesday September 19, 2018 4 PM PST

Post by Venatus Vinco » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:18 am

Week 1 Update

Thank you everyone for your patience as we went through the upgrade process while keeping the boards live and active. Immense credit goes to @Tiree for making that happen.

For those who have not noticed there are many themes available for your preferences: three dark (ne-blackred, ne-blackgreen, pycode) and one light (prosilver). If you ever encounter feature issues, prosilver is the "stock" safe style. Styles can be changed in your User Control Panel under "Board Preferences".

Our new Explorer Points systems is up and running. This should help automate, and speed up, many parts of the points process. Instructions for transferring points can be found here.

We have also activated mentions, which alerts users when their name is used in a post you can use the bbcode or the @ symbol followed by the username.

Code: Select all

[mention]username[/mention]
Lastly, users with multiple accounts can now use "Account Link" to easily switch between them to check PMs, update signatures, post, etc. To links your user accounts together use the "Account Link" tab in the User Control Panel.

If you see any other rough edges we need to smooth out please post them in the Tech Support & Features Request Thread

Hail Savages!

VV
Signature

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Notice: Board Upgrade Wednesday September 19, 2018 4 PM PST

Post by Venatus Vinco » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:01 am

Permissions

There were some slight differences between boards between permission types/user groups etc.

I tried cleaning up and standardizing some things in the background. Please let me know if you see or experience anything off.

VV
Signature

Return to “Out of Character Topics”