Crunchy Mek Builds

OOC commentary and whatever else you want to chime in with.
Cory Tetrascroll

Crunchy Mek Builds

Post by Cory Tetrascroll »

I built a couple meks and vehicles using the Sci Fi companion book, and it was totally boring. I started playing Mekton and Battletech from a tender young age, so I really like designing mechs and vehicles and spaceships. Most are terrible in game terms, but the process is fun. Crunchy, crunchy, I even liked building Heavy Gear mechs, and square roots and crazy math were required for those.

Is that anathema to Savage Worlds? I see a sensical rules system as a great platform to build balanced stuff, without each bot needing special rules.

I think Savage Rifts hit a good balance between simple character creation and the depth and detail a Rifts character needs.

Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 8/25 | ISP: 5/25 | Bennies: 0
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
[list]+6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport[/list]
Overcoat:
[list]+1 Toughness[/list]
Talisman of Marduk:
[list]+1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance[/list]
Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
[list]Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver[/list]
(Left) TW Club:
[list]Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry[/list][/OOC]
edit signature
"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Re: Crunchy Mek Builds

Post by High Command »

A lot of what they did for Savage Rifts aren't rules but rather are trappings. The common features of robots are not really something you add crunch wise. If you boil it down to its nuts and bolts, most features are pretty straightforward and simple.

SW is NOT a crunchy rules set. It is a feel good, close as you can get it rules set.
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.

Return to “Out of Character Topics”