Question about HJ Armor bonuses applied to Peacekeeper armor

OOC commentary and whatever else you want to chime in with.
Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Question about HJ Armor bonuses applied to Peacekeeper armor

Post by Radecliffe »

I'd ask on the Peg forums but of course they are still down. Anyway, my question is which part of the armor receives any bonuses from HJ rolls? Obviously if you are wearing the whole thing it doesn't matter but if you are just wearing the partial version it matters a great deal. Would the player choose which piece gets the bonus, apply it to the partial piece or to the add on?

Personally I'm in favor of option one myself though feedback is welcome.

I can also see how this could also be a question for TW bonuses if the Peacekeeper armor were converted to TW.

P.S. Speaking of the peg forums if you haven't seen the update regarding the forums: http://www.pegforum.com/
Radecliffe
Player: James
Active Alts: Jim Cannon, Jame Graeme, Dorn GiantSlayer, Steele

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Agility: Athletics d8, Fighting d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Thievery d8
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2
Spirit: Persuasion d4

Freemage
Savage Senior

Re: Question about HJ Armor bonuses applied to Peacekeeper a

Post by Freemage »

Radecliffe wrote:I'd ask on the Peg forums but of course they are still down. Anyway, my question is which part of the armor receives any bonuses from HJ rolls? Obviously if you are wearing the whole thing it doesn't matter but if you are just wearing the partial version it matters a great deal. Would the player choose which piece gets the bonus, apply it to the partial piece or to the add on?

Personally I'm in favor of option one myself though feedback is welcome.

I can also see how this could also be a question for TW bonuses if the Peacekeeper armor were converted to TW.

P.S. Speaking of the peg forums if you haven't seen the update regarding the forums: http://www.pegforum.com/
Other than the Peacekeeper, Savage Rifts doesn't really do 'partial' armor. It kind of becomes a question of whether or not this is my grandfather's axe.

What sort of situation are you envisioning, here? Looking at the table, there's two types of results:

1: Declared locations. Comm system (helmet), exo-skeletons (legs or arms), targeting enhancements (helmet again) all fall in this category. If you're wearing the piece that has the modification, you get the benefit.

2: "Full body". These include the extra armor, toughness, camo modes, and lightweight construction. If you're in partial armor, then the Armor/Toughness benefit can be bypassed with a Called Shot, otherwise you're good. The camo modes, I'd probably cut the benefit in half, since your limbs (or whatever) are not cloaked. The lightweight construction just lowers the strength requirement, so I don't see any reason to change that.

The one exception to the above is the environmental system. Partial armor, pretty much by definition, cannot have Full Environmental Protection (12 on the table). I'd rule that you get a bonus to Vigor to resist an environmental hazard if it makes sense. So in a smoke-filled building, you want the helmet; marching through the desert, you need the torso, at least.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Oh, and for the Peacekeeper specifically, I'd say it would need to apply to the base armor (or to everything, if part of an all-over Mod). If a player really wanted the mods to only apply to the add-ons, I suppose that could be done, but it seems a bit strange.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Yeah, I can see how most benefits would dictate which piece they would have to apply to. Really it was armor and toughness bonuses I was not sure about but called shots keep them from being too over the top I think. Thanks.
Freemage wrote:Oh, and for the Peacekeeper specifically, I'd say it would need to apply to the base armor (or to everything, if part of an all-over Mod). If a player really wanted the mods to only apply to the add-ons, I suppose that could be done, but it seems a bit strange.
I was thinking base armor too though I wondered if +7 armor / +1 toughness with no min strength requirement might be too much. That's the +3 armor result and the +1 toughness result from the Body Armor Table applied to the base armor.
Radecliffe

Pace: 8; Running Die: d8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11(4); Strain: 6/6; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Healing d6+2, Language (American) d8, Notice d8, Occult d10, Psionics d10, Survival d10+2

Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Radecliffe wrote:
Freemage wrote:Oh, and for the Peacekeeper specifically, I'd say it would need to apply to the base armor (or to everything, if part of an all-over Mod). If a player really wanted the mods to only apply to the add-ons, I suppose that could be done, but it seems a bit strange.
I was thinking base armor too though I wondered if +7 armor / +1 toughness with no min strength requirement might be too much. That's the +3 armor result and the +1 toughness result from the Body Armor Table applied to the base armor.
You can get the same stats on a suit of ED-5 Plastic Man, so I don't see any reason why the Peacekeeper would be any different--and it's got FEP right from the start, to-boot.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Radecliffe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Radecliffe »

Cool. Thanks.
Radecliffe

Skills

Return to “Out of Character Topics”