Bugged: On the Road to Kingsdale

Adventures and antics of the Joker's Jokers.
Freemage
Savage Senior

Bugged: On the Road to Kingsdale

Post by Freemage »

When you get to the motor pool, you find the Creeper and Sasha ready to roll out. The cargo consists of four powered push-carts loaded with crates of random gear suitable for TW construction; per your briefing, the actual components are scattered among the crates, and will be identified by the Techno-Wizard at the Monolith for assembly.

There's also confirmation vouchers for a night's stay at the Happy Days Inn in a folder on the dashboard, and a general map of the route there.

The first few days of travel are quiet, allowing for time to relax and consider your destination. Some folks have already been making plans; others have time to consider their options.
Interlude Opportunity
Talk about Kingsdale, and what your character knows about it. It could be first-hand knowledge, or it could be a rumor you heard from someone who used to live there. If you have a copy of Juicer Uprising, take a look at the Kingsdale entry and expound upon one of the sections if you like, or come up with something whole cloth.

If you need a little kickstarter, roll 1d4:
1: An old acquaintance of yours moved there awhile back. While not part of the government or anything like that, they might be a useful source of local knowledge (instead of taking a Benny, describe what part of the town's social order the person would be in--criminal element, merchants, wizards, mercenaries, performer/artists, whatever--and flesh out their description with race, personality and how you knew them--they become a Contact, at least for any adventures set in Kingsdale.
2: You came through here at some point in the past, and had a small adventure. Describe what happened--why you were there, was the kerfluffle that followed related to your reason for being there, or just life in the Big City? Take a Benny.
3: There's something in Kingsdale you've heard about, and always wanted to see. Maybe it's the Guild, or the city hall architecture (notoriously one of the hardest buildings in North America), maybe it's some well-known Gray Seer rumored to be in the slums of Dregtown. Describe what you want to see, and why you want to see it/them. Take a benny.
4: Bad Blood: There's someone in town whom you've been avoiding--they hate you, you hate them, and if you run across them, it could be trouble. Describe them in broad terms, including the history of your mutual acrimony, and then take a benny. In addition, if they become part of the tale, you get an additional benny any time the rival/enemy makes trouble for the group.

These are only suggestions--you don't have to roll, or even use any of these. Most other Interludes will get you a Benny; some might produce a different outcome, like 1 & 4 above.
CS patrols are relatively predictable, right now, making them easily avoided. Once you're past Whykin, it's just a straight run to Kingsdale. However, about 4 hours outside of the town, Growler catches scent of a LOT of people in the area--well-hidden, if it weren't for his nose, he's not sure he would've been aware of their presence. Just as he notifies Snackhappy and the Creeper, a lone figure in camo-coated armor emerges from the underbrush, and waves to the vehicles to stop. The elven woman carries a rocket launcher slung over her shoulder, as well as a vibro-blade on her hip, but has not drawn any weapons just yet.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Peta Chante
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Bugged: On the Road to Kingsdale

Post by Peta Chante »

Kingsdale, the destination brings back a series of memories for Herra, not all of them pleasant. "It has been some time since I was in Kingsdale. The mercenaries who purchased me from the slave pens used psychic warriors to offset the rampaging bands of juicers terrorizing the area during the Uprising. After Spider and I escaped them, and the Coalition, we had nothing. No credits, no equipment, no food. We took up residence in Dregstown. It is a place of misery and sadness, like the slave pens of Atlantis, except the slaver is poverty."

Herra takes on a far away look as she recalls running through the shanty town begging and stealing what they needed to live but also feeling truly sorry for those who lacked her powers. They truly had no means of escape. "If the Tomorrow Legion is truly about hope for the future they will need to bring life to more than just refugees but also all those who live on the margins of safety and society."

--

When the woman appears on the road Herra peers curiously, resisting the urge to simply read the woman's mind to determine her intentions. For now.

"Jacob, tshe is either part of a Kingsdale patrol or a bandit seeking a toll. Tell me which and I shall deal with her accordingly."
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature
Growler
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Growler »

"I have heard that one of the guards from when I was being trained in Lone Star, Brian Johansson, has moved to Kingsdale. He was the most sadistic of all the guards there, and THAT is saying something. I heard that finally he was let go for damaging and destroying too much property... namely me and my fellow experimental units. If I see him, I don't know if I will be able to contain myself, Pack Leader SnackHappy. He will most likely recognise me and know about the large bounty that Lone Star has put out for me."
4 Bad Blood
4: Bad Blood: There's someone in town whom you've been avoiding--they hate you, you hate them, and if you run across them, it could be trouble. Describe them in broad terms, including the history of your mutual acrimony, and then take a benny. In addition, if they become part of the tale, you get an additional benny any time the rival/enemy makes trouble for the group.
Growler
Main Character: Tiny Tim
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Berk
Pace: 8 [12] (d8); Parry: 6 (8); Toughness: 15 (6)
ISP: 40 / 40
PP: 15 / 15

Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 2/3
Base Amount
-1 due Reroll on Navigation Roll
Roy

Post by Roy »

Hearing where the mission was Roy thought back. He wondered if he was still there. After their falling out his brother went to Kingsdale. Unwilling to restrict his studies to healthy magic, Brent started learning the darker arts. Demonology and Necromancy where his passion.

When Roy last saw Brent he was they where in a pitched battle. He does not know why Brent spared him, perhaps it was some shadow of his old empathy, perhaps it was simply that he did not care. But whatever the cause Roy hoped he would not encounter Brent again.

When the elven woman emerged Roy naturally and instinctively summoned his arcane sight. "Hello ma'am," Roy says with a tip of his head. "What brings you to us this fine morning?" Looking around Roy pay attention for other ambushers. More privately he says over the radio. "Anyone see any more in the woods?"

Exalted Detect Arcana Raise, Notice 10
Notice [dice:73gb2ckj]60994:0[/dice:73gb2ckj]
Wild [dice:73gb2ckj]60994:1[/dice:73gb2ckj] Ace [dice:73gb2ckj]60994:2[/dice:73gb2ckj]
@Freemage How long has it been since we where along or at a ley line? Roy would obviously fill up at Refuge, but not sure how many ley lines since then.
PS: Roy does not have posting permissions
Chok'lat

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat's eyes go wide as the name "Kingsdale" gets thrown around. A memory springs to his mind, and he begins jabbering, interrupting whoever might've been in the middle of a thought. "So...Chok'lat did something bad one time. Well, Chok'lat did a lot of bad things, a lot of times, too. This was bad though. Worse than some of the others. Cray Cray made us hit a caravan once. Said someone paid to get the stuff the caravan was carrying." He swallows hard, the expression on his face betraying distaste for the next part of the story. "So we did. And we did like we always did. Killed most everyone there, tortured some, ate some others. Chok'lat..." He scratches the back of his head, hoping that the fingers digging into his skull might drive the memory from his brain. "Chok'lat killed a woman, human woman, maybe. Was the caravan leader's mate. Cray Cray made him watch while Chok'lat did it. Bunch of the crew held him down and forced his eyes open. Then Chok'lat started on the leader. Chok'lat ripped off his leg at the knee and hit him in the head with it. Crushed his eye, probably. But the guy was some kinda techno-wizard or something. That's what was in all the trucks we hit. He got loose, then turned on some kind of head zapper, and we all went down. When we woke up, he was gone, and so was the woman's body."
The remorse is evident in his voice. "Chok'lat didn't think about that much until you guys kept talking about Kingsdale. Chok'lat's pretty sure that's where the caravan came from. Hope that guy ain't there any more. Chok'lat ain't like that no more, but that guy won't know that, and probably won't care anyway. Chok'lat...was really mean to his mate."
He shakes his head, trying to reconcile the horrors of his past with his desire for atonement. He wallows awhile in his regret until the elf woman steps onto the road. He snaps to attention, hands reaching instinctively for weapons. "Hey...what's she doin'?"
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Toughness: 26 (14) MD
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Elan
Sara Turner

Post by Sara Turner »

Outside Kingsdale
Afternoon
Round 0

They prodded Sara about Kingsdale, so she sighed and opened up a bit.

“When my sister and I fled the Red River Combine, we ended up in Kingsdale,” she said. “It was our home for the next several years. We opened up a shop -- my sister is a techno-wizard -- and we did well. We weren’t rich, but we weren’t hungry.

“My sister met a man, Caleb Black. He used to be an assassin for the Federation. He was done with that life, though. Tara fell in love, and they got married, and they had little Kim. It wasn’t long after that my sister and I found an old NEMA bunker. We were curious, and I was stupid. I wasn’t careful. I got killed by the automated defenses, but I managed to download my consciousness into the advanced NEMA computers. Tara used the place as a safe laboratory. At least until my brother-in-law’s enemies came knocking.

“A man named Count Atrocles found the lab and attacked my sister and niece, holding them hostage. Being a computer, there wasn’t much I could do. Caleb arrived. There was a fight. And Atrocles opened a hell portal. He threw Tara into hell. I managed to download myself into her wrist computer. I don’t know what’s happened to the place.”

Sara fell silent. When the elf appeared to waylay them, she climbed up into the Creeper’s guns, just in case.

Character Tracker
Sara Turner Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 18 (7); Pace: 4 (Run d4); Charisma: -2
ISP: 40/40; PPE: 4/5
  • Powers: Smite, Telekinesis, Telepathy/Telemechanics
Rifle Ammo: 20/30
  • Reloads: 2 x 30 shots
  • Freeze: 20/20
    • Reloads: 2 x 20 shots
  • Burn: 20/20
Pistol Ammo: 21/21
  • Reloads: 2 x 21 shots
Frag Grenades x18
Brave: +2 Fear tests
Gadgeteer (1/S): Jury-rig Psionics device, 1d20 minutes.
  • Armor, barrier, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, clairvoyance, conceal arcana, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, disguise, dispel, divination, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fear, fly, havoc, healing, illusion, intangibility, invisibility, mind reading, pummel, puppet, slow, slumber, smite, speak language, stun, telekinesis, telepathy, teleport, warrior’s gift
Magical Entity: Susceptible to detect arcana, banish, dispel, and drain power points
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10. This ability does not affect powers that have Range of Self or Touch.
  • Ley line doubles these bonuses.
Mentalist: +2 on opposed Psionics rolls
Mr. Fixit: Halve Repair times with a Raise.
Mystical Construct: +2 recover from Shaken, don’t breathe, immune to disease and poison
Nerves of Steel (+Construct): Ignore 2 Wound modifiers
Powered: 1 PPE/h to remain active.
Bennies: 4/4
Adventure Card
Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Acc/TS: 3/11
Toughness: 35 (17)
Weapons: Heavy Railgun: Range: 100/200/400; Damage: 4d10+4 MD, AP 18; RoF 3; 118 Shots; 5 Mod Slots
Vehicle Mod Slots Remaining: 7
Crew: 2+6
Handling: +1
Amphibious: half speed
All-Terrain: difficult terrain only costs 1.5x movement
Targeting System: +2 Shooting with vehicle weapons
Sensors: +2 Notice for pilot or co-pilot
Steady Hands: Vehicle weapons don’t suffer unstable platform penalty
Leaping: 4” vertical, 8” horizontal
Driving: +1 Die Type
Character Tracker
ISP: 35/35; PPE: 4/5
Rifle Ammo: 30/30
Pistol Ammo: 21
Frag Grenades x18
Gadgeteer (1/S): Jury-rig Psionics device, 1d20 minutes. - USED: Barrier device
  • Armor, barrier, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, clairvoyance, conceal arcana, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, disguise, dispel, divination, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fear, fly, havoc, healing, illusion, intangibility, invisibility, mind reading, pummel, puppet, slow, slumber, smite, speak language, stun, telekinesis, telepathy, teleport, warrior’s gift
Magical Entity: Susceptible to detect arcana, banish, dispel, and drain power points
Major Psionic
  • Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
  • Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10. This ability does not affect powers that have Range of Self or Touch.
Mystical Construct: +2 recover from Shaken, don’t breathe, immune to disease and poison
Bennies: 1/4
Adventure Card
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.

Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Weapons: Heavy Railgun: Range: 100/200/400; Damage: 4d10+4 MD, AP 18; RoF 3; 118 Shots; 5 Mod Slots
Roy

Post by Roy »

Chok'lat wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:49 pm "Chok'lat killed a woman, human woman, maybe. Was the caravan leader's mate. Cray Cray made him watch while Chok'lat did it. Bunch of the crew held him down and forced his eyes open. Then Chok'lat started on the leader. Chok'lat ripped off his leg at the knee and hit him in the head with it. Crushed his eye, probably. But the guy was some kinda techno-wizard or something. That's what was in all the trucks we hit. He got loose, then turned on some kind of head zapper, and we all went down. When we woke up, he was gone, and so was the woman's body."
Roy stares open mouthed for a brief second. Appalled at the idea, everyone knows about such tortures. But to hear someone confess to them so casually makes his stomach feel sick. The distraction of the elven lady walking out was in perfect timing, as it may have saved his stomach from emptying.
Ozzati

Post by Ozzati »

The Monolith is a marvelous work of stone infused with magic. For Ozzati, this was like a beacon. A blazing light in the darkness of confusion.

Oz was uncertain of his past. He really just suddenly realized he existed. In that moment of awakening he nearly died, because he didn't know.

Though he was a blue skinned D-bee and tall enough to be considered a Trimadore, he had other features that most certainly made him not Trimadore. He had "tentacles" that hung down from his chin. Had he been a viking from early Earth history, he would have had the most coveted beard braids. His feet, well they are hooves, and Oz learned quickly to hide that feature in his stone armor. Likewise his tail, is rather off putting, though he has managed to utilize it quite nicely throughout his memorable short existence. Last are the horns from the top of his head, more decorative than defensive or offensive, they still draw attention regardless.

The first time Oz experienced magic, it sparked an awakening. Ozzati began rambling on about magic stones and crystals and Exarch Haataru. Lucky for Oz he was in an area that was known for Rift refugees and so people were fairly tolerant, somewhat. The local citizenry, uncertain of what to do with him, told him about Kingsdale, the Monolith and magic stone and sent him east.

Wandering quite aimlessly, Oz stumbled upon Castle Refuge before ever reaching Kingsdale. Refuge recognized a disoriented soul and did their best to help Oz rediscover himself and give him some purpose.

The opportunity to actually see and be near the Monolith, Ozzati is hoping to find some answers to his being on Earth and maybe discover others like himself.
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Novice Trimadore Techno-Wizard
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 6 || Toughness: 5 [5 /12] || Strain: 0
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Bennies: 3/3
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

The elven woman nods to Roy and Growler. "I am Ceilidh MacConner, of the Kingsdale Forest Rangers. Due to recent difficulties, we've been tasked with assessing new arrivals, particularly those arriving here in heavily armed Gunwolves and... whatever in the seven hells that thing is." She points to the Creeper. "Mainly, of course, we're looking for Cee-Ess forces, but there's also been other folks seeking to take advantage of the tensions to get in a little smuggling and such. So, broadly speaking, we've got three questions for you--who are you, what's your business here, and are you good folks okay with a quick look-see inside your vehicles? If everything's satisfactual, we'll have you on your way in about fifteen minutes."

Her tone is light and friendly, still, but Roy can tell that there's a considerable number of magical auras off in the woods, and Growler can smell the unmistakable scent of multiple Juicer rigs, as well. Probably also some cybernetically enhanced forces in the area. Roy's magical senses also pick up a few active spells on the woman, generally of a defensive or sensory nature.

Common Knowledge Success/Juicer Uprising Narrative Hook
Anyone making a CK roll, or who has Juicer Uprising as their Narrative Hook, knows that the Forest Rangers are, essentially, the wilderness arm of Kingsdale's official forces, along with their militia and magical divisions.

A Common Knowledge Raise says you are aware that the Forest Rangers actually are, essentially, descended from the Golden Age Forestry Service--when the Rifts came, they just kept on protecting the wilderness and those who were respectful of it; they allied with Kingsdale more recently, as it became obvious they needed to have some sort of base of operations.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Sara Turner

Post by Sara Turner »

Common Knowledge 2
Smarts [dice:3bpu8dyb]61267:0[/dice:3bpu8dyb]
Wild [dice:3bpu8dyb]61267:1[/dice:3bpu8dyb]
Outside Kingsdale
Afternoon
Round 0

Sara watched the elven woman. She wasn’t the team leader, so it wasn’t her place to speak on the questions she asked, but she figured they should be pretty safe. The Legion was hopefully well regarded in these parts. She knew that a Legion team had recently foiled a cult operating in Kingsdale and rescued some important people. And they weren’t really smuggling anything. I mean, techno-wizardry parts were fairly innocuous, even if they had hidden them amongst a bunch of other stuff.

“Can never be too safe when traveling,” Sara commented about the Gunwolf and the Creeper. “You don’t happen to have ID to prove you are a legit representative of Kingsdale law enforcement?” she asked. “Again, can’t be too safe.”

Character Tracker
Frag Grenades x18
Major Psionic
Adventure Card
Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Character Tracker
Frag Grenades x18
Major Psionic
Adventure Card
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.

Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Ozzati

Post by Ozzati »

Ozzati looks at the forest and the shadowy movements of "security". The stealthy movements and the fact that the woman speaking has pointy ears, sparks a memory of two species both called elves. He looks for features on this elven woman, such as hair color, skin tone, and eye color.

Trying to make sense of what the woman is saying, Oz does some contemplating.

Does Oz Know, Common Knowledge 6 _
[*] Common Knowledge (1d8) [dice:2uswqjqr]61271:0[/dice:2uswqjqr]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:2uswqjqr]61271:1[/dice:2uswqjqr]
Though he can not recall where the information came from, he does know that the Forest Rangers are part of the external security of Kingsdale. That piece of awareness makes him think that this elf maybe more like the Night Elves his memory recalled.
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Charisma: 0 || Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 6 || Toughness: 5 [5 /12] || Strain: 0
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]
Roy

Post by Roy »

Roy smiles at the lady. Her story makes sense to him and as he examines them with his True Sight they appear to be pretty impressive. "I wish I could help ma'am. But Boss @SnackHappy is charge of The 7th and he says what goes.

"But to be honest, if searching is to find out if we are armed, well. We are heavily armed as you can see from Sasha there."
He says patting the giant robot on the side. "So I guess youd be looking fer somethin different. Why don't ya tell us and we can see if we can whistle up some help." Roy does not want things to escalate here. As he looks around with his arcane senses trying to evaluate the lay of things more quantitatively.

EDA, Auto Raise, Notice 12
EDA, Auto Raise, Choosing to roll in case of concealed stuff
Spellcasting [dice:1rrnlwt1]61276:0[/dice:1rrnlwt1]
Wild [dice:1rrnlwt1]61276:1[/dice:1rrnlwt1]

just in Case needed, ignore if not
Notice [dice:1rrnlwt1]61276:2[/dice:1rrnlwt1]
Wild [dice:1rrnlwt1]61276:3[/dice:1rrnlwt1]

Benny Extra Effort [dice:1rrnlwt1]61276:4[/dice:1rrnlwt1], Ace [dice:1rrnlwt1]61276:5[/dice:1rrnlwt1]
Chok'lat

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat, safe in the confines of the Creeper, leans over and whispers (loud enough for everyone in the Creeper to hear) "So...they probably ain't gonna like Chok'lat, right? Do we tell 'em Chok'lat's here and has all the big guns? Should Chok'lat hide so we don't start a fight?" He glances around for suitable cover.
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Ozzati

Post by Ozzati »

Chok'lat wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:37 pm Chok'lat, safe in the confines of the Creeper, leans over and whispers (loud enough for everyone in the Creeper to hear) "So...they probably ain't gonna like Chok'lat, right? Do we tell 'em Chok'lat's here and has all the big guns? Should Chok'lat hide so we don't start a fight?" He glances around for suitable cover.
Oz reaches over and pats the Brodkil, "Guarentee that more than one of us wouldn't be allowed in there. Hopefully between @SnackHappy, @Herra, and @Roy they can smooth things over. Otherwise we might be staying in the forest with all the King's horses and all the King's men."

Oz leans back in the seat he is sitting in in the creeper and strokes his long tendril that for other would be facial hair. Looking down with his horned head he checks to make sure armored boots hide his hoofed feet. And makes a conscious effort to keep his tail swinging about.
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

The elven woman nods to @Sara Turner. "No offense taken." She first points to the small emblem on the bicep of her armor, which shows Kingsdale's crest, now that you look at it. In addition, she activates her holo-emitter, which shows a holographic badge.

Then she shakes her head at @Roy's question. "This is more of a general customs situation, sir. We're looking for many things--too many to list. Some of them aren't even a problem as such, but we take note of them coming into the city. Really, the fastest way for you folks can get on your way is to let us do the inspection." She motions, and a pair of men--both humans, one with cybernetic eyes, the other with active sensory magics (Exalted Detect Arcana and Exalted Darksight) active. They're lightly armed and armored (laser rifles, Huntsman armor, vibro-daggers) and carrying handheld computer pads.

Then she tilts her head. "The 7th? 7th what, exactly? Sounds like a military designation--you ain't with the Cavalry, are you?" Eyes narrow, just a bit, evaluating the vehicles more closely, but she keeps her posture still pretty calm.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Ozzati

Post by Ozzati »

Freemage wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:13 pm The elven woman nods to Sara Turner. "No offense taken." She first points to the small emblem on the bicep of her armor, which shows Kingsdale's crest, now that you look at it. In addition, she activates her holo-emitter, which shows a holographic badge.

Then she shakes her head at Roy's question. "This is more of a general customs situation, sir. We're looking for many things--too many to list. Some of them aren't even a problem as such, but we take note of them coming into the city. Really, the fastest way for you folks can get on your way is to let us do the inspection." She motions, and a pair of men--both humans, one with cybernetic eyes, the other with active sensory magics (Exalted Detect Arcana and Exalted Darksight) active. They're lightly armed and armored (laser rifles, Huntsman armor, vibro-daggers) and carrying handheld computer pads.

Then she tilts her head. "The 7th? 7th what, exactly? Sounds like a military designation--you ain't with the Cavalry, are you?" Eyes narrow, just a bit, evaluating the vehicles more closely, but she keeps her posture still pretty calm.
Ozzati stands up in the Creeper now, fully visible to anyone looking his direction. He appears rather incensed. "Come check and see if we are with the Coalition. Then challenge us with being with the Apocalyptic Cavalry. Come on now, Lady Ranger, how well do you know these organizations?"

"We are part of the Tomorrow Legion. Sent from Castle Refuge with supplies ordered by Kingsdale's Magical Guild. The Magical Guild was even kind enough to get us rooms at the Happy Days Inn. The Keeper is expecting us." Oz waves the vouchers for their lodging in Kingsdale.

It is obvious that Ozzati has some serious issues with both the Coalition States and the Apocalyptic Cavalry and the Lady Ranger has touched a nerve.
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]
Sara Turner

Post by Sara Turner »

Outside Kingsdale
Afternoon
Round 0

“Seventh SET, ma’am,” Sara said. “Nothing to do with the Cavalry. Means Special Expeditionary Team. Some of the stuff we do could be military, but mostly we’re troubleshooters and odd-jobbers for the Tomorrow Legion, down south of here. You might have heard of us. We had a team in Kingsdale not too long ago, helped you out with some cult activity (see the 24th COT). I don’t know who their contact in the city was, but they had a couple big grackles on their team?” She shrugged if the elf didn’t know them. “The Legion does a lot of business in this area. As Ozzati said, we’re just making a delivery.”

Character Tracker
Frag Grenades x18
Major Psionic
Adventure Card
Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Character Tracker
Frag Grenades x18
Major Psionic
Adventure Card

Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
SnackHappy
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by SnackHappy »

Stepping down from the Gunwolf, Jacob smiles and nods towards the elven woman. "My team speaks true we come here from the Tomorrow Legion. Passing through and looking to do some trade. We have nothing to hide. Traveling the wilderness is the reason for our heavy weapons. You never know when something ridiculous comes crawling out a rift."

Interlude about Kingsdale WIP
Character Summary
Jacob ‘Snack Happy’ Grimlock a M.A.R.S. Robot Armor Pilot
Active effects: None
Parry: 6 (8 w/Cestus)
Toughness: 20(9)/35(17) in Sasha
Notable Edges: Professional, Expert, Ace, Combat Ace, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Quick, Robot Armor Jock, McGyver, Two-Fisted, Rock and Roll, Ambidextrous, Command, Tactician
Skills: Notice d6, Repair d8 +2,Knowledge(Battle) d6, Knowledge(Electronics) d8, Piloting d10+2, Driving d6+2, Fighting d8, Shooting d12+2
Equipment of Note:
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic(Modified):+9 Armor and +2 Toughness, Full Environmental; Comms (10 miles), Loudspeakers, laser distancer, night vision mode,Laser Torch (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage), Laser Finger (Str+d4 in melee reach 1 Strength d6 arm, +2 Repair checks)
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol (Range 18/36/72, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 4, 24 Shots, Semi-Auto)

NG-V61 Gunwolf(Sasha): Size 6, Crew 2 modded for tail copilot, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35 (17), Pace 10
Notes: M.D.C. Armor
Weapon Systems:
  • 2 × Dual-linked Medium RailGuns (right forearm)|(Range 100/200/400, +1 to hit, Damage 3d10+6, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium Ion Cannon (left forearm) | (Range 40/80/160, Damage 4d8, RoF 1, AP 4, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • Medium Missile Launcher (chest) |(Range 200/400/800, Damage 8d6, RoF 1, AP 15, 4 Shots, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • 2 × Dual-Linked Light Laser (eyes) | (Range 150/300/600, +1 to hit, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, AP 5, Mega Damage)
  • Heavy Flamethrower (jaws). A heavy chemical flamethrower, the damage ignores all but Full Environment Protection armor (Range Cone, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, Mega Damage)
  • Assault Jaws/Claws/Rail gun spikes. The Gunwolf has a number of close combat weapons built-in (Damage d12+d8+6, AP 2, Mega Damage)
  • Wolf’s Howl Transmitter Array. As an action, the pilot activates this system, affecting all targets within a Large Burst Template centered on the Gunwolf (the Gunwolf itself is immune). Victims must make a Smarts roll at −2 or be Shaken (−4 if the target has some kind of enhanced hearing, GM’s call).
Jump Jets To jump, the pilot uses an action to make a Piloting roll to both maneuver his walker and manage his power reserves. Each round spent jumping increases his height 50 feet. Each subsequent round spent jumping (essentially flying) afterwards inflicts a –2 to the Piloting roll, cumulative to a maximum of –6. Failure means the walker descends immediately (a critical failure results in a fall; you suffer (6+X)d6 damage, where X = Height/10).
You may also make a Death From Above attack by landing on an enemy vehicle or armor unit. This is an opposed roll of your Piloting vs. their Piloting/Driving/Boating Skill. If you fail, it is treated as a 20' Fall (8d6 damage). If you succeed, you land on top of them, doing (6+X)d6 damage, where X is your starting Height/10.

Ammo:
  • 12 medium missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    80 shots for Flamethrower
    24 BigBore Shells
Razorback Cloak (unenchanted, crafted from exotic materials)
  • Created from the hides of boars mutated with demonic magic; the metal-infused spines and razor-sharp edges often seem to flex in the defense of the wearer.
  • Grants +2 to opposed rolls whenever the wearer is in a Grapple (whether it's a Strength/Agility roll to break free, or a Fighting roll to inflict damage).
  • When worn, the wearer gains the benefits of the Extraction and Combat Sense Edges (if they have either of these Edges already, they gain the Improved version).
  • However, the shiny material and grating, rasping noise they make when worn give the wearer a -2 penalty to Stealth rolls.
  • 2 lbs
  • Value: 25,000 Cr, in part because they aren't exactly attractive.
NG-B50 Thunderer Combat Hammer
Str+d10+3d6
Notes: Mega Damage. BigBore shells provide the +3d6 and must be reloaded after 8 strikes.
BigBore shells cost 125 credits each (1,000 credits for a full reload). (Silvered)

C-29 “Hellfire” Heavy Plasma Cannon
18/36/72 3d10+4
Notes: Min Str d8, Mega Damage, Snapfire. Plasma hits all of a target at once, ignoring Armor unless
it’s fully covering. Targets may ignite (6 on a d6), burning for 1d10 continuous damage until doused.

LongTooth Clan Tail Cestus (Super-Tech Signature Item)
This cestus, custom crafted for Jacob's tail by the Longtooth Clan of the Dinosaur Swamp, lets him clear a large arc of enemies; it also serves as a constant reminder of surviving the Xiticix Hive there, and so renders him immune to fear.
Base Item: Chain Longsword (Str + 2d8 MD, AP 4)
  • ST Mods (8 points)
  • Parry +2 (2 pts)
  • Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Improved Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Fearless (2 pts)
  • Modified per loot to add +2 AP off of hero's journey
Credits: 158,370

Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: Second Wind, Spill the Beans, Extra Effort

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Seeing both Ozzati and Jacob, Ceilidh relaxes visibly, again. "Yeah, you guys definitely ain't Coalition spies, nor Cavalry. We get that folks need to be armed on the road. And yes, we've heard about the things the 24th did here, so being Legion says a lot. Thanks, this should just be a quick formality."

The two humans step forward, one to look inside Sasha, the other inside the Creeper. There's a moment of surprise upon seeing Chok'lat--Ceilidh gets called over to interrogate him for several minutes. Apparently, they do allow Brodkil mercs into the city, so that isn't an issue in and of itself. But she's clearly surprised that the Legion is using one, so she chats with him while the other two continue the inspection, one of them asking a few innocuous questions about the cargo, confirming that it's a load of TW supplies (that much is obvious just by opening them). It take Ceilidh long talking to him to realize that Chok'lat is not your typical Brodkil. She takes Jacob aside after finishing with Chok'lat. "Okay, I have to ask. Did I understand him correctly, he's on some kinda quest for redemption?"

Assuming Jacob confirms this, she just shakes her head in bewilderment. "I don't know if you folks are amazing or insane. Can't assume it ain't both, of course. Anyway..." Her wrist comp beeps, and she looks at it. "Okay, here's a list of the weapons my guys spotted on the walk-through. Make sure you check them all when you get into town; there's a facility where they'll direct the vehicles, too. Your carts will be enough to finish the delivery."

The List

So, any mundane ranged MD weapons and grenades are on the list. Two-handed MD Melee weapons, too.
TW gear based on MD weapons will be on the list. Other TW weapons will be passed over, however.

If you are attempting to sneak something past the customs inspection, it's a Stealth roll, TN 4 for a single-handed weapon, TN 6 for a two-hander.

The remainder of the trip goes uneventfully, though you occasionally see more Rangers alongside the road, flagging you by. Once you get to the town walls, the gates open, and a guard greets you. He checks the weapons you turn in against the list Ceildh sent ahead; assuming no discrepancies, you're allowed to park the Creeper and Sasha inside a large garage space. You note that the space has berths with mechanic gear available for rent, and some machines are being worked on.

Taking the motorized carts, you follow your map to the Monolith--a structure seemingly carved out of a single block of black stone, some 40 feet tall, with a single set of double doors half that high serving as the sole entrance. As you approach, the doors open, revealing a tall male humanoid, hairless and pale, dressed in a black suit that does nothing to bulk up his lanky build. His face shows no emotion at all as he speaks. "Welcome. Master Irene LaRue is expecting you. Please, follow me."

The Watcher then escorts you inside, whereupon you find yourselves... outside. Specifically, you are in a desert of black sand, blazing hot. Somehow, the black sun overhead manages to permit you to see, though everything appears as a photographic negative. Only the Watcher remains his normal coloration, pale skin standing out against the sands and sky, while his suit seems to almost blend into the surroundings. He keeps walking, coming to a smaller door, just standing there in the middle of the dunes. Passing through, you find yourselves in a classic Techno-Wizard's laboratory.

A woman seeming to be in her mid-forties, with dark hair and eyes, comes around one of the benches. "Ah, you folks must be with the Legion, yes? Wonderful, just set the crates over there, and I'll make sure everything's in order." She swiftly and efficiently goes through the boxes, confirms that all the parts she needs are present, and finishes by saying, "Go get yourselves situated, and come back tomorrow at noon. I'll put it through a test-run, and then you can go off to do whatever else you want to do."

With that, she gives a dismissive wave, and starts pulling out specific parts and assembling the device. The Watcher intones in a sepulcheral voice, "Follow me," and leads you out through the door you came in, which now leads to a corridor, ostentatiously appointed in dark wood, red carpeting and brass fittings. He leads you past several seemingly identical side-passages, ultimately arriving at the entrance once again. He holds it open for you. "Good day."

Instructions
So, anyone can attempt conversation here, or otherwise try to get up to mischief, if you're so inclined. I mean, I don't recommend it, but you're certainly welcome to go the mischief route if that's where you want to try your luck.

Beyond that, please state what gear you took off the Creeper. Put the list in an OOC post.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

SnackHappy
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by SnackHappy »

Jacob smiles at the mention of Chok'lat's mission. "You should have seen how our superiors reacted when we brought him back after a mission. I think they interrogated him for like a month. He is much better mannered than he was then. I can say he is pretty upstanding. Just don't let him tell you about his past stories. He mentions them a bit too casually."
Character Summary
Jacob ‘Snack Happy’ Grimlock a M.A.R.S. Robot Armor Pilot
Active effects: None
Parry: 6 (8 w/Cestus)
Toughness: 20(9)/35(17) in Sasha
Notable Edges: Professional, Expert, Ace, Combat Ace, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Quick, Robot Armor Jock, McGyver, Two-Fisted, Rock and Roll, Ambidextrous, Command, Tactician
Skills: Notice d6, Repair d8 +2,Knowledge(Battle) d6, Knowledge(Electronics) d8, Piloting d10+2, Driving d6+2, Fighting d8, Shooting d12+2
Equipment of Note:
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic(Modified):+9 Armor and +2 Toughness, Full Environmental; Comms (10 miles), Loudspeakers, laser distancer, night vision mode,Laser Torch (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage), Laser Finger (Str+d4 in melee reach 1 Strength d6 arm, +2 Repair checks)
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol (Range 18/36/72, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 4, 24 Shots, Semi-Auto)

NG-V61 Gunwolf(Sasha): Size 6, Crew 2 modded for tail copilot, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35 (17), Pace 10
Notes: M.D.C. Armor
Weapon Systems:
  • 2 × Dual-linked Medium RailGuns (right forearm)|(Range 100/200/400, +1 to hit, Damage 3d10+6, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium Ion Cannon (left forearm) | (Range 40/80/160, Damage 4d8, RoF 1, AP 4, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • Medium Missile Launcher (chest) |(Range 200/400/800, Damage 8d6, RoF 1, AP 15, 4 Shots, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • 2 × Dual-Linked Light Laser (eyes) | (Range 150/300/600, +1 to hit, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, AP 5, Mega Damage)
  • Heavy Flamethrower (jaws). A heavy chemical flamethrower, the damage ignores all but Full Environment Protection armor (Range Cone, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, Mega Damage)
  • Assault Jaws/Claws/Rail gun spikes. The Gunwolf has a number of close combat weapons built-in (Damage d12+d8+6, AP 2, Mega Damage)
  • Wolf’s Howl Transmitter Array. As an action, the pilot activates this system, affecting all targets within a Large Burst Template centered on the Gunwolf (the Gunwolf itself is immune). Victims must make a Smarts roll at −2 or be Shaken (−4 if the target has some kind of enhanced hearing, GM’s call).
Jump Jets To jump, the pilot uses an action to make a Piloting roll to both maneuver his walker and manage his power reserves. Each round spent jumping increases his height 50 feet. Each subsequent round spent jumping (essentially flying) afterwards inflicts a –2 to the Piloting roll, cumulative to a maximum of –6. Failure means the walker descends immediately (a critical failure results in a fall; you suffer (6+X)d6 damage, where X = Height/10).
You may also make a Death From Above attack by landing on an enemy vehicle or armor unit. This is an opposed roll of your Piloting vs. their Piloting/Driving/Boating Skill. If you fail, it is treated as a 20' Fall (8d6 damage). If you succeed, you land on top of them, doing (6+X)d6 damage, where X is your starting Height/10.

Ammo:
  • 12 medium missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    80 shots for Flamethrower
    24 BigBore Shells
Razorback Cloak (unenchanted, crafted from exotic materials)
  • Created from the hides of boars mutated with demonic magic; the metal-infused spines and razor-sharp edges often seem to flex in the defense of the wearer.
  • Grants +2 to opposed rolls whenever the wearer is in a Grapple (whether it's a Strength/Agility roll to break free, or a Fighting roll to inflict damage).
  • When worn, the wearer gains the benefits of the Extraction and Combat Sense Edges (if they have either of these Edges already, they gain the Improved version).
  • However, the shiny material and grating, rasping noise they make when worn give the wearer a -2 penalty to Stealth rolls.
  • 2 lbs
  • Value: 25,000 Cr, in part because they aren't exactly attractive.
NG-B50 Thunderer Combat Hammer
Str+d10+3d6
Notes: Mega Damage. BigBore shells provide the +3d6 and must be reloaded after 8 strikes.
BigBore shells cost 125 credits each (1,000 credits for a full reload). (Silvered)

C-29 “Hellfire” Heavy Plasma Cannon
18/36/72 3d10+4
Notes: Min Str d8, Mega Damage, Snapfire. Plasma hits all of a target at once, ignoring Armor unless
it’s fully covering. Targets may ignite (6 on a d6), burning for 1d10 continuous damage until doused.

LongTooth Clan Tail Cestus (Super-Tech Signature Item)
This cestus, custom crafted for Jacob's tail by the Longtooth Clan of the Dinosaur Swamp, lets him clear a large arc of enemies; it also serves as a constant reminder of surviving the Xiticix Hive there, and so renders him immune to fear.
Base Item: Chain Longsword (Str + 2d8 MD, AP 4)
  • ST Mods (8 points)
  • Parry +2 (2 pts)
  • Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Improved Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Fearless (2 pts)
  • Modified per loot to add +2 AP off of hero's journey
Credits: 158,370

Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: Second Wind, Spill the Beans, Extra Effort

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers
Roy

Post by Roy »

The whole process goes down quicker and easier than Roy expected. He had no need to be a smuggler, but he understood their concerns and would not challenge his skills trying to sneak around them. Once they handed over the supplies and had the mission completed Roy was content. Turning to @SnackHappy in his usual thick southern drawl he asks. "Hey Boss, looks like missions complete. Mind if a couple of us poke around town. Never know what might be learned."

A town this bog must have a lot of opportunities and he would love to see what they could find. "Anyone else want ta poke around and learn somthin new bout town?"
Sara Turner

Post by Sara Turner »

Kingsdale/Monolith
Afternoon
Round 0

Sara stayed at the back of the group as they entered the TW laboratory. She stood nervously by the exit as they completed the deal, praying the techno-wizard wouldn’t notice her. She didn’t need them getting their hands on her and taking her apart to learn how she was built.

When the delivery was complete, she was the first out the door. “Sure, I’ll take a look around town,” she told Roy. She brushed the grip of her laser pistol, the only gear she’d kept that hadn’t been banned.
Gear carried
C-20 Laser Pistol (2 reloads)
Character Tracker
Frag Grenades x18
Major Psionic
Adventure Card
Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Character Tracker
Frag Grenades x18
Major Psionic
Adventure Card

Creeper stats
The Creeper
Size 6
Chok'lat

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat nods at Roy. "Chok'lat'll go." He does his best to turn invisible, but does little more than duck his head in order to appear less imposing.
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Roy

Post by Roy »

Chok'lat wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:48 pm Chok'lat nods at Roy. "Chok'lat'll go." He does his best to turn invisible, but does little more than duck his head in order to appear less imposing.
Roy notes Chok'lat willing to travel with him. "Man oh man, Maybe we can get you a disguise contraption." Looking over to @Ozzati he asks. "Think you can toss something together for Mr @Chok'lat here? I don't wan to put half the ton to sleep trying to escape a panicked mob."

Once @Ozzati sets up @Chok'lat with a device. Roy helps activate it and set it. "Let's see how much funny we can have. I need o pick up some PPE batteries and this is the kind of town that may have them."

Notes for Freemage
Buying 4 PPE batteries
10 PPE battery = 20,000 base price, requires seasoned = 42,000 per GM each
@Freemage
Chok'lat

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat nods at Roy. "Maybe you disguise Chok'lat if you can. Don't want everyone else being jealous of all Chok'lat's good cyber. Ooh, cyber! Wonder if Chok'lat can plug some more in somewhere. Let's find Chok'lat a good cyber-doc."
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Roy

Post by Roy »

"Well bud, Cyber Docs are not really my bailiwick. But i am sure we can wrestle up someone." then heading out the two of them see what they can do about finding the right cyber doc.
Chok'lat

Post by Chok'lat »

Chok'lat narrows his eyes at Roy. "What did you call Chok'lat just now? Ballywhat? You making fun of Chok'lat?!" The demon puffs up his chest, doing his best "I'm about to rip your head off with my teeth" impression. He then bursts into laughter as Roy's face blanches. "Chok'lat's just kidding! Chok'lat don't get mad about stuff like that no more. At least, not when it's one of Chok'lat's buddies." He snickers some more, then jovially slaps Roy on the back...maybe just a hair too hard. "Chok'lat's been working on a sense of humor. Is it working?"
Chok'lat
Chok'lat
Current Status Post
Ozzati

Post by Ozzati »

Ozzati had caught sight of the monlith when they got into town. His eyes never left the structure.

Though it was not like the pyramids found across South America, the Monolith seethed with power. Oz could not tell where the power originated from but he was quite certain that it was amplified and stored by The Monolith.

Walking into the building, he could not help himself, he reached out and touched the door frame. The stone seemed to sizzle and crackle under his fingertips. Yes, there was power here. A WHOLE lot of power.

Walking through the Black Sun Desert, Oz stopped directly under the darkened orb and basked in it's radiant darkness. The sands of the desert were cool beneath his stone feet. And yet again he could feel the power, in the sun, in the sand, even in air around him.

Turning the Techno-Wizard device over to Master LaRue was of little concern to him. The Monolith walls, with their changing patterns and directions, were all that seemed to interest him.

Weapons Checked
  • TK Revolver
  • Spulgorth Forearm Plasma Blaster
Ozzati
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
Relevant Edges:
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • TK Revolver
Powers
Gizmoed Powers _
[*]
Caily

Post by Caily »

Caily waits for the group patiently at the gate. She is a small compact woman, with a gymnasts build. She is wearing camouflage pants, running shoes and a black t-shirt. Her short hair is neatly pulled into a bun. She smiles politely and greets everyone warmly by name. She asks about their trip and leads them to the Happy Camper. She tells the group her room number and comm link signature in case she is needed, then excuses herself, as she has other business to attend to.

Return to “7th SET Adventure Forum”