How Does It Start?

A series of unfortunate events.
User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Carlos » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:42 pm

Carlos replies, "I can teach, but how fast you learn is up to you. It took me long seasons to learn to evoke the power in things that were once alive. It did not come easily to me. I can sense the power in you, but know not how well I can teach, or how well you can learn."

Carlos has not been a teacher, so he is uncertain of his skill as one. The way an eco-wizard focuses their power is very different, many beings find it difficult to learn. He is willing to try, but has no idea if his training can take root in a being of greatly differing culture.
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
Simba
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Simba » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:47 pm

With Carlos willing to show the new visitors, Simba is interested in learning as well.

"Friend Carlos, with your permission and that of the Honorable George, I would like to learn as well. I may not use the gift the same as you, but I believe that we can teach each other."
Bennies: 3

OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gorgeous George » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:57 pm

George sighs in relief as the fighting sounds inside Annie's finally die down. Over radio and in his deep voice on the armor's speakers, he calls out. "Finally. Okay, let's get everyone in a single place. Sheriff, I'm very sorry for my team's part in bringing things to this situation. How would you like us to proceed? If you want us all to clear out, I fully understand, though I'm hopin' that Hawdore, there, is planning on coming with us--we still got need of a technician."
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Hawdore
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hawdore » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:18 pm

Once it appears that the situation is under control and the black marketeers are under the watchful eye of Jessica and her Glitter Boy armor Hawdore will move slowly to the nearest wall and slide down to a sitting position for a well deserved rest. "I have to confess, Mr. George, now that all the fighting is over I do not have a clue what we will do with all these people. I do not wish all of this to come back on the good people of this town. Their Sheriff went out some trouble to keep me out of harm's way and I'd greatly appreciate being able to return the favor."

Distasteful as it may be I wonder if the best solution would be to make these people and their equipment disappear in the same manner as did the CS patrol. Perhaps a staged battle of mutual destruction can be managed. That seems a very clumsy solution with a high chance for failure. I hope these legionnaires can come up with a more practical and less bloody solution.

Reaching down Hawdore pressed his hand to the hole in his armor and his hand came away bloody. The dull ache the wound spiked into a sharp pain and Hawdore winced as his body reminded him that he had been damaged along with his armor. I'll have to fix that but who's going to fix me? "Pardon me, Mr. George but do you happen to have anyone with medical training on your team? It appears I've been shot during the facas."
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.
Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers


Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.

Code: Select all

[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gorgeous George » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:37 am

OOC Comments
Notice 1d4 = 4: 4
Wild Notice 1d6 = 6: 6

Healing: Armor +2; Edge +2; -1 for Hawdore's Wound.
Healing 1d10+3 = 8: 5
Wild Healing 1d6+3 = 6: 3
Raise! Up to 2 Wounds healed.

Was in error about the number of wounds. Spending a bennie to make the Healing roll a raise with extra Effort.
.
The big Grackletooth grins at Hawdore, pointing at the red cross symbol on his Triax armor's chest with a proud thumb. "That'd be me, Friend. Lemme jus' make sure we've got our friends here all secure...." He takes away any weapons, and then has Jess cover the lot, from far enough away that she could fire the Boom Gun safely at the lot of them if she needs to. "You folks just wait right there while we sort this mess out."

Then he goes over to the Trimadore. He makes astoundingly fast work of the injury, cleaning it, stitching it up, and then using a gel from his medkit to seal it properly. "Great work, if I do say so, me'self. You shouldn't even have a scar once them stitches come out."

Satisfied with that, he checks with the Sheriff to see if there was anyone else injured in the fight. Interestingly, he even checks the fallen Black Marketeers to see if any of them are still breathing, and if they are, gets them stable, at least.
OOC Comments
Stupid Hippocratic Oath....
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Hawdore
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hawdore » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:11 am

Wincing with even more discomfort Hawdore nevertheless helped George remove his armor breastplate so he could get at the wound. Laying back he waited patiently while George worked on his wounds. While he waited he looked over at the damage done to his armor and sighed. "I was a fool to stand out in the open and take fire like that. I should have known better than to do that. Zak would have had harsh words for me for my carelessness. Uhhhn.." he grunted as George's probing sent a spasm of pain through his body. Then it was over and he relaxed back into a supine position.

Looking at his armor again reminds Hawdore that he needs to find his transport and tools in order to make repairs. "I wonder where the Sheriff has my hoverbike stored? I will need to get at it if I am to make good the repairs on my armor."

As George announces that he is finished Hawdore sits up slowly and is pleased to find the pain reduced to a dull ache. "My thanks. That feels much better."
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.
Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers


Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.

Code: Select all

[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]

User avatar
Gummy
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gummy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:23 am

Gummy was momentarily flabbergasted as the marketeer laid down his arms and surrendered. . . if she was irate during the fight, seething would be an understatement in the current moment.

Her artificial knuckles were thankfully in no danger of buckling under the vice-like grip cinched around her sword, nearly audible as it continued to tighten in spite of the grips durability. Sheathing her blade with practiced restraint, she smiles down at man -- imagining, less than savory, brutalities.

She didn't necessarily respect surrender, as much as the social implications not respecting it would have. . .

I suppose these thugs can be exploited now. . . that's something to look forward to.

Her visible hate neatly tucked behind her placid expression again is somewhat disconcerting compared to the furious countenance she wore just seconds before -- one could hardly make the comparison. A bubbly giggle erupts after scant moments of silence, "Come now, ちんぴら (Chi-N-Pi-Ra). Outside. I'm sure the others will be relieved to see there weren't any casualties"

Gesturing for the Headhunter and his accomplice to move first, Gummy watches carefully -- her hand resting assuredly on the hilt of her blade, passively hoping a chance to draw once more. She smiles and shifts her eyes, but not her face, to meet the Sheriff. Gently nodding for him to follow suit.

Once outside, she bows her head slightly to George. "Never a dull moment, George-san. Luckily, only his skull is as hard as concrete -- otherwise that might have dragged on much longer." Giggling once more, through an almost paralyzed face, an eye twitches slightly, belying a much more profound irritation than she's portraying.
Gummy
Vibro-Sword (ラッキーコイン | Rakkīkoin) Str+d10, AP 4
Toughness: 11 (5)
Parry: 8
Bennies 2/3

User avatar
Simba
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Simba » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:11 pm

(rolls carried over)

After discussing the history of the Tomorrow legion with the Elves and Carlos, Simba notices an absence of noises. All of a sudden, with no warning, Simba flies straight up into the air to observe the scene.

Via Telepathy "It would appear my friends that the fighting has stopped. Would this be a good time to regroup friend Carlos?" Simba hovers waiting for an answer.
Bennies: 3

OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Carlos » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:12 pm

Carlos tests the communications link, "If you in town can hear, is it safe for out blue friends to come out of hiding?"

Assuming he gets an affirmative answer, he carefully disconnects the last attachment and wraps up the device. It can still be used a few more times if needed. He is not sure how long it will function, but such devices tend to be able to work more than once if not destroyed.
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gorgeous George » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:02 pm

Geroge tosses Gummy a thumbs-up. "Excellent work. If it weren't for you, I'm pretty sure he'd'a gutted me like a catfish."

A few moments later, he replies over the link. "Yeah, come on back, we're good. Want to talk to everyone about where we go from here, anyway."

Then he gives the Negotiator a look. "Okay, so, my concern right now is that you folks aren't gonna be any more trouble for this town. You're gonna have to convince the Sheriff on that point, I think, so you need to make a pretty convincin' case. If he's satisfied, then I think I can help you out with the home office, so's they don't cyber in a new hole just to put to unpleasant uses on ya."
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Hobo Joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Location: Riding the Rails to Stardom

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hobo Joe » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:38 pm

Local Conditions wrote: CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 1845 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: overcast sky, light, gusty winds, 75 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: Just starting to lose the light, low shadows
Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

TWILIGHT TOWN
Carlos, Simba, and the Blue People
They blue people nod at Carlos, accepting his warning. The leader says, "We must find our own path, but unless we try the one laid out before us, we will never know if it is the right one." He looks also at Simba, "What path do you follow?"

After the communication with the rest of the team, the blue people leader requests of Carlos and Simba, "Would it be permissible to have us wait somewhat apart. We are nervous about those people, captured or not. Could we remain in your cloak?"

George, Hawdore, Gummy, Jessica, Townsfolk & Prisoners
The headhunter certainly was torn between surrender and trying to tear Gummy's head off as she led him out to the other prisoners. Much like her fingers are gripped too tight around the handle of her prized sword, the headhunter's fists are balled up too tight, his knuckles gone white, the hint of metal reenforcement below the skin visible.

Everyone except Carlos and Simba gathers around in the street, the five prisoners gathered under the watchful gaze of Jess. Her Boom Gun no longer stowed, but pointed casually in the direction of the prisoners, the, "Oh, wait, this Boom Gun, yeah, it could leave nothing but a crater where your sitting," pose. The prisoners are surly, but don't try anything. It's clear that the headhunter will definitely try something if he gets even the slightest chance. So, Boom Gun for a guard.

Jess has to shoo away the cook with the shotgun, he seems really itching to shoot the Black Marketeers. The rest of the staff at Annie's looks sheepishly out the door. Then the server comes out with a tray with mugs of light colored beer. She hands them out to anyone who wants one, even the prisoners.

After Hawdore is fixed, George's survey of the fallen comes up with no survivors. But he does notice that the bar staff is also following their own version of the Oath.

Finally the Sheriff sits down next to Hawdore and says, "Uh, doc, if you don't mind, I got kind of plugged too, oooh." Then he says to Hawdore, "You're bike is just out back of the jail." Talking to George again, "Ya'll did nothing wrong here. Those fellows will probably talk. Being able to do business here is important. Maybe, if they know, you, uh, Tomorrow Legion folks, be droppin' by from time to time might help keep them in line. I bet the slick one will listen."
Healing on Sheriff
If/When George goes to heal the Sheriff he finds the Sheriff has quite a lot of milspec cyberware.
The Sheriff doesn't immediately get up after George is/isn't done, but chats for a second with Hawdore. "You were in a tough spot there. Thanks for taking one for my town, hard to forget something like that. And keeping Terry from getting himself killed. Damn him and that stupid blunderbuss of his."

The headhunter scowls at George as he approaches. The two goons don't make eye contact. The enforcer looks at the negotiator. The negotiator looks at George. Even tied up he has a certain presence. With a theatrical sigh he says, "We just want to do business, this is a convenient location. You may not know but this is a mining town, so they don't need us for money. But a little extra from traders like us don't hurt them neither. I'm not sure where we all went wrong here, we should not have gotten violent, it's bad for business." He coughs, genuine or not, it breaks up his flow and he eyeballs George in the process. "We have no hard feelings," he says, shooting a authority filled glance at the headhunter, who ignores it resolutely. "We're not princes, we're selling contraband and sometimes worse, but we'll keep the worse out of this town. Is that good enough?" Pretending it to be an afterthought, the negotiator asks George, "So what is the Tomorrow Legion interested in out here?"

A crackly, faint radio transmission comes in over the team channel, it's a Hospitlar. He says, Hey boss, Did we hear the Boom Gun a few seconds ago? Everything okay?"
Prisoners
Negotiator (surrendered), Headhunter (surrendered), Enforcer (surrendered), 2 Soldiers (surrendered)
What are you doing?
Sheriif
Image
If this comes as a surprise, let me know and we can talk about expectations :D
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe


Nameless:
  • Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6


Murder Hobos:

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gorgeous George » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:22 pm

OOC Comments
Healing 1d10+3 = 10: 7
Wild Healing 1d6+3 = 7: 4
One Wound healed, pretty much no matter how badly the Sheriff is bunged up, but didn't quite get a second one.

Streetwise 1d8+8 = 13: 5
Wild Streetwise 1d6+8 = 12: 4
Two Raises for Connections: Black Market

George nods to the Sheriff after quaffing the brew. "Yeah, take a seat here, get you patched up in no time." He gets to work immediately, finishing the patch job, listening to the Sheriff's advice somberly, then looks at the Negotiator with a grin. "Us? Oh, we're just on a goodwill tour."

He takes a deep breath. "Okay, so yes, we'll be noting this in our report, and folks from the Legion will be stopping by every so often. So long as there's been no further trouble, though, I don't think there'll be any problems on that account."

He looks the Negotiator in the eyes. "Now, all that said, I would very much like to know what the See-Ess boys were doing trying to buy a batch of D-bee batteries. Because last I checked, they don't do wholesale on anything but slaughter. But of course, it can be kinda tough talking about business with people you aren't in business with. So, lemme lay this offer on you. You tell me what you know about what the dead soldier boys wanted with the blueskins, and I give you a phrase and a name, and you pretty much walk away without so much as a reprimand from your bosses."
OOC Comments
Basically, IF the man is willing to deal some useful intel, George is willing to use his Black Market Connections Edge (Mr. Bleu) to help him smooth things over.
When the radio call comes in, he replies. "Yeah, she had to remind folks not to interrupt when I'm eatin' pie, but we're all good now. Should be back with that mechanic in a little bit, just gotta finish a coupla things here, first."
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Hobo Joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Location: Riding the Rails to Stardom

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hobo Joe » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:51 pm

Negotiations
The Sheriff thanks George and sighs in relief. An extra hole in the body does no one good. He replies, "I think you've got a plan there."

"You''ll put in a word with my bosses? Just who are you people?" the negotiator says, looking strangely at George, trying to puzzle out why he has pull. George does notice the guy's eyes dart towards Gummy for a second before he answers. "Fine, right, the dead boys, they have standing bounty on those deebs. Need them shipped up to the Arkansas area, but the weird part is they want them alive. And as many as possible. It's been pretty hush hush even within the organization." He shifts a little uncomfortably, "Now, I'm telling you this because you offered a deal, see, we're not supposed to know the buyer is the CS. These jokers coming who were supposed to meet us here blew that cover trying to make some extra cash. Worked for me, got my money early, less travel, got a bunch of crooked Coalition troops off my hands. Wins all around." He scrutinizes George's alien face, looking for tells. The man is definitely a good liar, but he's making very convincing lies, they might even be almost true. "If we make peace here, we'll only trade goods and services in town, the...other stuff, we'll do somewhere else. That sound reasonable? It would be a shame to leave Annie's behind. That cook, he's something."

"Roger Boss, we're sitting tight." comes a calm and professional reply from a Hospitallar, short and to the point.
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe


Nameless:
  • Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6


Murder Hobos:

User avatar
Simba
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Simba » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:20 am

"What path do you follow?"
"I have been blessed to channel magic energy to help my tribe. It is a gift that is quite rare among my people. I channel and use raw magical energy to do everything from speaking with you as we are right now, to healing the injured to even killing those who threaten peace. Please be assured, I do not care to kill,
but I do what I must for I am a protector of people."

After the communication with the rest of the team, the blue people leader requests of Carlos and Simba, "Would it be permissible to have us wait somewhat apart. We are nervous about those people, captured or not. Could we remain in your cloak?"
"I for one do not see a problem with your request. Friend Carlos, Do you think Mr. George would have a problem with us staying hidden at this time?" Being afraid especially when you have recently entered this magical realm is understandable.
Bennies: 3

OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gorgeous George » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:23 am

George knows damn well he's not being told everything, but the details that are there are enough for him. The CS is collecting live D-bees with lots of magic energy for some reason. Whatever it is, it can't be good. And making peace for the town is the key thing right now.

"Alright, that'll do for the intel, and yeah, you keep the business in town legit, we're done here--though I'm gonna ask the Sheriff here to give you folks' the town's hospitality overnight, so we can clear out, avoid a round two out in the desert, if that's okay with you. Enjoy a couple nice meals at Annie's. As for that word with your bosses... Contact Mr. Bleu. He should be down in San Antonio this time of year. Tell him what went down here, and that Gorgeous George says he's calling in the Tulsa marker. He'll make sure everything gets settled without any kinda stain on your record."
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Carlos » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:07 pm

Carlos responds to the inquiry about keeping the others hidden, "The magic circle is a set place function, it can not be moved. It was the only way I could make it cover so many. It will last a fairly short time as well, when you build a device fast it has a limited time before it burns out. I could leave it standing, but as a guess it will last no more than a third of the time it takes the sun to cross the sky...that would be four hours in human parlance. It may last much less. If you want to wait here, the magical man-bat should know when the magic fails."

Creating a permanent device to hide a large group would be a project that could take a while, he would need to gather parts...and making it mobile would be difficult. He muses aloud, "A village built along a ley line could be given lasting protection, as the power of the river of magic would flow into the construct. Otherwise, the spell would have to be renewed often."

Assuming Simba and the D-bees wish to remain here, he will leave his construct intact, leave the circle, call his steed, and ride into the village to join the others.
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
Simba
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Simba » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:31 pm

If you want to wait here, the magical man-bat should know when the magic fails."
What an unusual statement to make. Seeing Carlos leave the group, Simba is a little more then concerned.

Simba will look at the Elf leader, "Please excuse me, I do not wish to be rude but the whole reason for me coming to this village is, well rather, in the village."

Simba will fly to catch up to Carlos. "Excuse me friend Carlos, but i'm afraid that what ever the future holds, requires me to reach out to the 4th."
Bennies: 3

OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Carlos » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:45 pm

Carlos frowns at the Bat thoughtfully, "One of us needs to stay here to warn our blue friends if the magic fails. They wish to remain here until the human attackers are safely gone."

Carlos concentrates and sends a message to George (letting Simba listen in), "The blue ones wish not to be seen by the attackers in the village. My means of hiding them will not work if I move them. I probably will need to stay with them until the bad men are gone."
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gorgeous George » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:11 pm

George replies. Actually, we'll probably be coming to you in a moment, if that's okay. I think we're just about done here, and the... bad men... will be staying behind in the village while we make tracks back to our base camp. Do you need any provisions or anything from town that we can pick up, either for you or the other guy? I'll be picking up some more food for the passengers, as well."

Then he speaks to the Sheriff. "By the by, since we're probably going to be heading out once everyone's on the same page, can we get some additional provisions? We'll pay, of course." I might be able to get reimbursed back at the base, if it comes down to it, but if not, oh well. "We'd like what rations we can manage, plus, oh, say, 5 canteens and a full barrel of water."
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Carlos » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:56 am

Carlos replies to George, "Unless they have relatively freshly killed bodies of dinosaurs or other creatures of power, it is unlikely they have anything I can use. I will probably need to go hunting on my own. Remember though, the Blues need materials to fix their cart."
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
Gummy
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gummy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:19 pm

Gummy remains mostly silent as George probes the negotiator for information, having quickly regained her poised demeanor. Standing as little more than an immobile statue, her lips faintly upturned in something reminiscent of a smile, and her gaze never leaving George's conversation partner.

Gummy would be lying to herself if she didn't enjoy the theatrics of interrogation, and strong-arming potential rivals. . . luckily it seemed there was little of interest regarding the dealings of fascists, at least superficially. Sometimes you had to pull favors if you wanted to make progress in your own dealings, unless this Tomorrow Legion wanted her to directly intervene, she saw little reason to dig any further into the matter.

Fu Fu Fu, George certainly isn't having any trouble. . .

When the negotiator glances her way, Gummy makes sure to stare back, uncomfortably. Flashing a trademark grin with her blackened teeth.

After his conversation with George seems mostly concluded, she interjects, mostly for her own bemusement, but not so much as to undermine what he wanted to know from the negotiator.

"George-san is very kind, no? FuFuFu. . . everyone gets what they want, yes? Except perhaps having to relocate. . . but new horizons, new profits, new enemies. The Coalition (Pronounced with a very hard 'k' and 'r') skull boy's are very lazy. Even with favor from Mr. Blue, no doubt rumors will move too. . . drunken soldiers always talk too much."

Thinking to her own familial business practices, Gummy can only surmise that the CS is clearly buying people for less than humane ends. . . in fact only two came to mind, torture, and sending a message. . . which actually started off with torture. . . so technically one reason.

"How about a favor for a favor -- I could spread word of your professionalism, combat any of those nasty rumors, if you'd be so kind as to keep an ear to the ground if I ever need to push product. Who knows, there might even be sizable profit in it for you! Maybe even a job for your meat-head!"
Tossing a murderous glance towards the Headhunter.

Gummy had a strange way of accentuating her speech to sound like an innocent suggestion latticed with only the slightest tinge of coercion. She slaps her hands to her cheeks, puffing them slightly to reveal, once more, her trademark grin.
Persuasion
1d10+6 = 16: 10
Wild 1d6+6 = 9: 3
Ace 1d10 = 8: 8
Total: 24
Gummy
Vibro-Sword (ラッキーコイン | Rakkīkoin) Str+d10, AP 4
Toughness: 11 (5)
Parry: 8
Bennies 2/3

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gorgeous George » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:36 pm

On the radio, "Ah, right, thanks for that, Carlos." Then aloud, to the Sheriff. "One of my peeps has a bit more on the ball than me. We will need some parts, too, for fixin' the other guys' transport." He describes the damage to Hawdore, so the Trimadore can, in turn, lay out the supplies he'll need from the town.
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Hawdore
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hawdore » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:03 am

The Sheriff doesn't immediately get up after George is/isn't done, but chats for a second with Hawdore. "You were in a tough spot there. Thanks for taking one for my town, hard to forget something like that. And keeping Terry from getting himself killed. Damn him and that stupid blunderbuss of his."
Hawdore smiles and pats the Sheriff on the shoulder then sits up to don his armor's damaged breastplate. "You did me a good turn as well Sheriff when you had no compelling reason to do so. As far as I am concerned there is no debt owed between us. Conscientious persons must stand together to defend all who need it or this world will surely burn." Moving carefully he stands and tests his mobility and smiles at the lack of pain. This George fellow does good work. I will endeavour to return the favor when the opportunity presents itself.

To the group at large he will give a slight bow and say, "If we are too be leaving I suppose that I should go retrieve my transport. If you will excuse me I shall return momentarily." Turning towards the jail with his railgun tucked under his arm Hawdore strides away in search of his hoverbike. Fortunately it is just where the Sheriff said it would be and he inspects it carefully and lets out a contented sight when it appears that the bike has come through recent events in better shape than its owner. Stowing the railgun in its travel rack he also checks to see that both his hammer and his toolbox is still in the bike's cargo compartment and is gratified to see that both remain unmolested.

Mounting the bike he hopped the fence surrounding the enclosure and moved slowly back to where the others were waiting. "It appears, Mr. George, that all of my possessions have been well cared for and I am ready to depart when you are. As far as parts go I'm not sure what we may need. It sounds like you may have damaged an actuator which is not good. However, if this is a mining town and they have parts for a NG-V7 Super Labor Robot I believe the part will be close enough to be compatible. And if not I am still confident I can effect such repairs as to get it moving in at least a limited capacity which can let us get it to a proper repair facility."

Once they are ready to leave Hawdore will take his leave of the Sheriff. "Farewell Sheriff and thank you for all you have done for me. I hope your town finds the peace and quiet it deserves from now on. Perhaps the next time we meet it will be under more congenial circumstances."
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.
Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers


Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.

Code: Select all

[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]

User avatar
Simba
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Simba » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:36 pm

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Ace: 1d6 = 1: 1Wild: 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Simba flies towards the 4th COT. and adds George to the Telepathy.

"Excuse me Sir, Please don't be alarmed. I am Simba. I have come from the Village where the Legion is located to join you in your travels. I am a capable magic user. I can only communicate via telepathy due to my physiology. I have already spoken with your other magic user Mr. Carlos. I am at your command."

Simba will stand in the middle of the road, non threatening.
Bennies: 3

OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise

User avatar
Hobo Joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Location: Riding the Rails to Stardom

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hobo Joe » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:08 pm

Local Conditions wrote: CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 2215 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: overcast sky, 40 degrees F. 70% humidity
  • Visibility: dark with no moonlight or stars
Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

THE WAY STATION
Carlos, Simba and the blue people
"This is a very complex world. I think we have been lucky to have found people willing to teach us. I fear for the rest of our people. We were scattered as soon as we stepped through the gate," the leader says to Carlos and Simba, the sadness in his voice is perceptible even without the mystic translation. "One day when we have a village, you will be welcome."

George, Gummy, Hawdore
The negotiator nods, "Well, if you see Mr Bleu before I do, tell him you're square with Porter, Davis Porter." That seems to be the final word on the deal, all that's left is to shake. Porter reaches out a hand from his seat on the dirt. "Tulsa? I don't think I want to know."

The Sheriff is standing now, having lifted himself off the ground, still sort of amazed at the skill of George. He smiles at Hawdore and tips his hat.

But he faces George as the grackle speaks to him, "I wish it was ya'll that was staying instead of those jokers." After waving in the direction of the black market goons, he offers his hand to George, chuckling a little at the size difference. "General store is just down the block. Pay what you want," he says. "Wagon parts? Yeah, the cartwright is down there too, we ain't got too many streets here." The Sheriff looks at the sky and the growing darkness. "Herge has probably gone home, but we'll go get him." He sticks his head in the door of Annie's and yells, "Terry! Go wake Herge, we need some parts! On the double! No you don't need the damn boom stick!"

Returning to the gathering in front of Annie's with his gear, Hawdore checks in with George and the Sheriff. After hearing the parts list from George, the Sheriff instructs Hawdore on how to find Herge's shop down the street. It's not hard, but there's a slight hint that Herge might be a grump since he'd likely been pulled out of dinner and his evening libation. Terry is waiting for Hawdore by Herge's storefront. Herge has frontage on the boardwalk, but leads the Trimadore and shotgun happy cook through the alley to the barn doors in back. He is indeed grouchy and doesn't say a word, communicating through jerky nods of his head. Calling him a cartwright is disingenuous. He's no operator, but it appears that Herge is the local repair man and parts supplier for all things mechanical. He has various, though not a comprehensive stock by any means, parts for everything from a wooden hubs for a wagon to, thankfully, actuators for a AI robot--like a NG-V7. There's no armor plating or weapons components in the shop. There is a e-clip recharging station. Hawdore recognizes the nuclear power supply from a Samson PA as electricity source for the recharging station. Classic frontier tech.

While George is talking to the Sheriff, Gummy works her own special magic on the black market goons. To say they acquiesce is hardly descriptive enough. They nearly grovel. The headhunter apologizes. With his guard down though, the negotiator says something very very odd to Gummy, "But why are you here? I don't get it. You were moving the product too. Do they know who you are?"

As the conversation winds down and preparations are finalized, provisions laid in, goodbye's said, extra "behave yourself" scowls given to the black market group, Jess stomps up to George and uses her PA system to ask the grackle a question that's been bothering her for a while. "Boss, who's going to watch the blue people? I'll take them back to the Castle. I feel, I feel like I should do that. No CS or Black Market will mess with me." Hearing this the Sheriff then adds, "We have, well, another Glitter Boy in this town, he's been out on a supply run, should be back tomorrow. I know he'll go with your GB here." Jess seems a bit relieved by this offer, "That okay, boss?" [George better say yes!]

As the 4th leave town, the Sheriff and Annie's staff thank them all again, with requests for them to come to town again.

Everyone
It's not hard to navigate back to the Behemoth. It's dark, but headlights and nightvision all work just fine, the terrain isn't treacherous. And they have all been this way before. So they make good time back to the the Hospitallars and George's silent friend Big Al. They seem none the worse for wear, but there is definitely the look of boredom on their faces before they jump into action, welcoming the group and newcomers. They clamor for a report, the sounds of the Boom Gun piqued their curiosity.
Prisoners
Negotiator (surrendered), Headhunter (surrendered), Enforcer (surrendered), 2 Soldiers (surrendered)
What are you doing?
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe


Nameless:
  • Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6


Murder Hobos:

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gorgeous George » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:57 pm

George agrees to Jess' suggestion. "I'm sorry to see you go, young'un, but you're right, that's the best way to get them to a safe place. I know you'll be doin' right by 'em."

Upon arrival back at the Behemoth, he claps the Hospitalers with great bear-hugs. "Glad to see no one bothered you while we were on the road," he tells Big Al, before giving them an explanation about what went down in town. "Good came out of it all, though. Meet our new fellow-travelers, and I hope, recruits to the Legion." He introduces, well, everyone to the Hospitaler crew. The small Asian man called Big Al*, who is clearly George's closest friend among them, takes Hawdore around to see the damage to the ankle-joint of the Behemoth, explaining (oddly, only once out of George's earshot) that he believes it was damaged during a battle back at Castle Refuge, when the Hospitalers used it to stomp on a demon.

George also explains how he, ah, 'lost' Mercy, and Jess opted to take care of the D-Bees, meaning that pretty much the whole team has been replaced since they left. As they make camp so Hawdore can get to work, and people are assigned rooms on board the Behemoth with the big red cross on the front, George explains more to the new arrivals about the purpose and goals of the Legion, and about how he desperately would like all of them to consider the possibility of joining up (he knows that was the plan for some, but he'd like to make it official for as many of them as are willing, now).

"I'm still on this goodwill tour from Hell," he explains, telling them about the disastrous Murder Hobo incident. "I still have my orders--travel the circuit, help the towns we meet out however we can, and generally try to do good work. And, well, if you don't think you can sign up officially, yet, I'll be happy to accompany you if you want to travel with us for some other reason."
* For Gummy
Gummy--and ONLY Gummy--could make a Streetwise check upon meeting Big Al. On a Success, she'd remember him being someone else who traveled those dark alleys of the underworld, though as a more shadowy figure than herself or George.

On a Raise, she knows that, if someone got into debt to the wrong people, and failed to pay (for whatever reason), Big Al was the person who visited them, at dusk, and sat and talked for awhile. Sometimes minutes, sometimes hours, sometimes until dawn. While he spoke, he might show them pictures--of loved ones in moments of relaxation, or of whatever safe-houses or bolt-holes they thought no one knew about, or even of themselves, sleeping soundly in their own beds just a few nights earlier.

And when he left, they had no doubt about what was expected of them, either financially or 'in service'. Very few people would fail to pay or perform accordingly, after Big Al talked to them.

Regardless of whether she got the Success or the Raise, she can see he is a very different man than he used to be--no one ever smiled that sincerely, kindly or serenely, in that world. For his own part, he greets her with a polite bow and smile, just as he does all the others, and if he recognizes her, he gives no sign.
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Simba
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Simba » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:01 pm

Simba flies towards the behemoth and feels much better in the darkness. The cool night breeze, a very refreshing feeling. once Simba sees the behemoth he is taken back. That machine is very large. it will make a nice roost. once Simba enters the behemoth is both amazed and slightly irritated. The space inside is quite spacious. This is very nice, but do they have to make it so bright? Simba waits for someone to interact with him, if he is provided a room Simba will ensure he can sleep there any time of the day, preferably during the day time.
Bennies: 3

OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Carlos » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:01 am

Carlos is forced to agree with the Blue D-bees on that one, this is indeed a complex world.
OOC Comments
Since Carlos was not in town, he does not know that the CS currently has other of their species in captivity for unknown reasons
He will say to George, "I will not live inside a machine, it is not my way. Living close to one is bad enough, but being cut off from nature completely would kill me sooner or later."

If the Blue D-bees continue with the party, he will give them lessons on the basics of Eco-Wizardry. and may consider taking some hunting, if they are interested.
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
Hobo Joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Location: Riding the Rails to Stardom

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hobo Joe » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:33 am

Local Conditions wrote: CS Lonestar?
  • Location: Meredith Town
  • Population: 750
  • Date & Time: 0915 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good
Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

JOURNEY REMEMBERED
GM fiat alert:
Hawdore worked through most of the night. Like many repairs, the part that was damaged was easy to swap out. Getting to the part however, was quite a process. The Hospitallers helped as much as they could, even as big and strong as Hawdore is, a Behemoth is friggin' ginormous.

George conferences with Al and the Hospitallers. Everything is status quo with them, no changes to the inventory of supplies. While the Behemoth is being repaired, everyone pitches a tent on the prairie by the road. No singing or smores, but there is a bucolic atmosphere to the whole thing.

There is plenty of room for Carlos to roam with his beast. The night is calm and quiet. He can hear and sense the life all around him, and it does take much effort to replenish some of his supplies.

Simba observed the night from the skies. Flying through the night air he feels a ley line just at the edge of his sense. Winging a little closer he can see the comforting blue glow off in the distance. Things he can't identify scurry over the plains below. Nothing seems terribly threatening, at least there is no sense of great danger above and the general peril permeating this world.

While the others may enjoy such a chummy "camp out" atmosphere, it's a far cry from Gummy's city comfort zone. The thing is there is something about the day that is nagging at her mind, like the bits and pieces of the day work should all fit together. It's like knowing you know a word but you can't actually say it.

The morning is clear and crisp, the sky blue. No more clouds overhead, the slightest of breezes bending the tips of the prairie grass surrounding the old highway. Packing up is efficient an soon everyone is ready to go. It's pretty amazing that things seem this calm...

Everyone, and that means everyone, feels a sort of static energy. And it feels wrong.

What are you doing?
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe


Nameless:
  • Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6


Murder Hobos:

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Carlos » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:48 am

Something feels wrong, the night was peaceful and Carlos took his Ostrasaur out hunting...it takes a lot t to feed an animal that big. He set out the remaining cleaned gut, hide, tendons, and bones to cure properly...then while his beast stood guard he gently and delicately bound the magic so that it would remain for his use. Insects and other scavengers find themselves alerted of the available feast, and take away the parts that the Eco-wizard can not use. It is the nature of the magic, it does not prevent nature from taking its course, it simply optimizes what nature does. By morning, Khar-loez has properly preserved gut, sinew, hide, and bone...a process that would normally take days to weeks.

He is busily preparing his new goods for transport when his ecological sensitivity picks up on something wrong.
OOC Comments
Hopefully Carlos is far enough from the Behemoth to get to fully use his Ecological Sensitivity
Survival 1d10 = 9: 9, Wild Survival 1d6 = 1: 1 Survival total = 9, 1 raise
Notice 1d8 = 8: 8 (Note: the +2 he gets for alertness cancels out the -2 for his danger sense...which I assume he is using) Wild Notice 1d6 = 1: 1 Notice Ace 1d8 = 5: 5 Notice Total = 13, 2 raises
Knowledge: Arcane 1d10 = 4: 4 Wild Arcane 1d6 = 2: 2 Arcane Knowledge Total= 4, basic success
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gorgeous George » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:40 pm

George frowns--as much from the effect the feeling has on the Hospitallers as the feeling itself. He looks to Khar-Loez: "Okay, so, you don't use tech items, right? While we travel, we'll use our external speakers to talk with you--the sensors on the armor should be able to pick up your voice. If we have need for private conversation, I'll have the telepath ping you, instead. If you need to speak with us privately, raise your hand with two fingers out, like this." He extends the outer two fingers. "We'll open the telepathic relay then, too."

That simple system worked out, he motions for everyone to get ready. "I'm feeling a bit tetchy, so I'm gonna ride in front, Khar-Loez, I'd appreciate it if you did rear-guard. Gummy, if you want a lift, I got room for you on the bike again." The Hospitallers and Al, of course, take up stations in the cockpit and make sure everything inside is secured for travel, monitoring the sensors for any sign of trouble. "We'll steer a bit south of the town, this time, so as not to overstay our welcome there."

With that, he gets on the hoverbike and rides out, as stated. His tail holds onto the pistol, just in case, though he's thinking he should pick up a polyshield the next time they have the chance.
George Notice 3, Big Al Notice 5, Hospitallers Notice 7
What's their next scheduled stop?

George Notice 1d4 = 3: 3
Wild George Notice 1d6 = 2: 2

Big Al Notice (using Sensors) 1d4+2 = 5: 3
Wild Big Al Notice 1d6+2 = 5: 3

Hospitallers Group Notice Roll 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Wild Group Roll 1d6+2 = 5: 3

.
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Hawdore
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hawdore » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Notice 4, Success
Notice: 1d8 = 4: 4 Wild Die 1d6 = 3: 3
Constant Effects: Brave, Quick
Temporary Effects: None
Hawdore is satisfied with the work done to get the Behemoth moving again though he planned to admonish George that it would be advisable to maintenance the vehicle as soon as they reached somewhere with the necessary facilities. He stretched and shaded his eyes as he looked to see the sun coming up over the horizon. It hit him suddenly as to how tired he actually was. His armor may make the grunt work of repairs on something the size of the Behemoth easier but it was still exhausting work.

Putting his tools away he could not shake the feeling of something impinging on his consciousness but for the life of him he could not nail it down. Precognition and clairvoyance were not among his talents but there was definitely something going on. With another great yawn he finished gathering his tools and shrugged to himself. Whatever may come at least they were mobile once more and he had a bunk that he could practically hear calling his name. A shower first, I think. It's been a hard few days and I'm getting a bit ripe. Chuckling to himself he picked up his toolbox and headed for the lift to the robot's interior looking forward to some food, a shower and a bed in that order.

Keying the comm he opened a channel to George, "Repairs are complete and the Behemoth should be fully operational although I highly recommend we stop somewhere with a proper repair bay sometime in the not too distant future to do some proper maintenance and diagnostics. If there is nothing else I shall be seeking my bed in short order." Whatever might be coming they would deal with it when the time came and not before.
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.
Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers


Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.

Code: Select all

[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]

User avatar
Gummy
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gummy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:16 am

Notice
1d4 = 3: 3 +2 on Sight based checks
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Gummy is characteristically aloof aboard the behemoth, having trudged through the dark, mostly reflecting on the improbability of the situation -- and the damnable tidbits just seemingly out of memory's reach.

Ehh. . . where's a stiff drink in this parched wasteland when you need one!

Undeniably, her mind drifts as George introduces himself "formally" -- which seemed uniquely off, she remembered him earlier with his timely arrival (and he seemed to remember her), but she was trying to think back a bit further.

How do I actually know this lizard. . .

Plastering an unreasonably unassuming smile on her face, Gummy decides it better to meditate on difficult questions in privacy. . . without the need to concentrate on business propositions. Essentially, the only valuable parcel of information from George's spiel was his affiliation with the Tomorrow Legion -- albeit strangely fortuitous, Gummy knew better than to question good luck.

Bowing her head slightly, and only slightly, Gummy maintains a honed eye-contact with her surroundings -- including the associate, Big Al, that George seems to be close with. "Oh, thank you for the polite formalities, George-san! I wouldn't presume to be 'official' without speaking directly with the big boss. Hopefully I prove useful enough to earn enough pizzazz for an arrangement. Thank you again for the hospitality."

With that said, Gummy sequesters herself for the night. . . trying to remember the subtleties of her current situation.
Memory
Streetwise (for George): 1d8+6 = 10: 4
Wild 1d6+6 = 8: 2

Common Knowledge (to remember what's bugging her): 1d10 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
In the morning, Gummy can't help but feel the ambient perturbation sifting through the air.

Ughh. . . what now!


When approached by George, she politely acknowledges his request -- partly politics, but equally a measure of unrest given the strange ambiance that seems to be swallowing the day. "Sure thing. . . I'm great at watching backs!" Somehow she always manages to lace relatively innocent statements with an air of violent tendency. Maybe it's just a cultural thing.

Gummy will ride with George to see what might be causing this bad-mojo miasma.
Gummy
Vibro-Sword (ラッキーコイン | Rakkīkoin) Str+d10, AP 4
Toughness: 11 (5)
Parry: 8
Bennies 2/3

User avatar
Hobo Joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Location: Riding the Rails to Stardom

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hobo Joe » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:49 pm

Local Conditions wrote: CS Lonestar?
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 0925 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good
Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

SPRINGTIME
The scrubby grasses and occasional tree are home to a divers ecosystem, from insects to coyote, plants succulents to leafy trees. And then the odd oddity from another world thrown in to keep things interesting. He notices a trail of decay, almost a meandering path. Following the path, which leads south from their current location, he goes about two miles further away from the Behemoth. What he finds is repugnant. He finds the decaying remains of a murderwraith. When he looks back up the path, he realizes that the abominable creature must have past only a hundred feet or so from the Behemoth in the early hours of the morning. As the sun falls fully on the corpse, it starts to sizzle an disintegrate. Carlos knows what such things are, there are few greater perversions of magic than necromancy, and this is one of its worst manifestations

He also knows that murderwraiths tend not to wander the desert alone.

George and Gummy pull away from the Behemoth on the hover bike. As soon as he's out of site Big Al says to the Hospitallers, "The boss doesn't seem too worried about the 'feeling" we all feel. Something is wrong. I want two of you to scout around and see what you can find." About 30 minutes later, Big Al gets a report via radio. "Big Al, this isn't good. Could be worse. But it's not good." Big Al is just about to tell the Hospitaller to get on with it, but the healer gets to the point on his own. "We found the remains, fresh remains, if you could call it that, of a murderwraith. Chuck thinks there might be at least two or three more. All headed south. But boss, this is dead. Murderwraiths just don't die. Big Al curses out loud, a rarity for sure. Then he radios on the general Hospitaller net, "Everyone return to the Behemoth, we're heading out, the boss can meet us on the road."

Hawdore awoke to a commotion. The Hospitallers and Big Al are making quick work of getting on the move. When he asks what's going on, Big Al says, "Murderwraiths in the area, so we're leaving the area." He did have his food (meh, but of satisfactory quantity, a grackletooth boss means plenty of food on board at all times), shower (the time of night meant no one else was waiting and he had all the hot water he wanted, as long as what he wanted was no more than two minutes), and the bed was actually big enough. So he's at least nice and refreshed if he comes face to face with one of the modern world's most horrific necromantic creations. Which is saying a lot, since ALL necromancy is positively ghastly.

Gummy and George have about ten minutes of uninterrupted driving before any alarm goes off. Talking with George as they zoom along the broken relic of a highway, Gummy realizes that she does know these two. George is still a bit more of a mystery, but holy crap, Big Al was an enforcer who folks did not cross. As the expression goes, he was old testament. He was scary as all fuck. But what game was he playing out here, with a bunch of red cross healer wimps?

Her memory of recent events is foggy, but bits and pieces come into focus at random. She remembers falling. She even remembers landing, but nothing after that feeling as she hits the ground. She reflexively stops remember that feeling. It was her head hitting the ground that was the most vivid memory. A hard crack, her eyes going black, then red, then nothing. Remember it makes her queasy. But in the brief moment before she hit the ground, she saw a hover craft, though it's indistinct at this point. Did she fall out of that vehicle?

The conversation on the hoverbike is interrupted by a call from the Behemoth, "Uh, Boss, it's Chuck, Big Al says we're moving out, we'r heading towards you." There's a pause and then Chuck seems to anticipate George's next question. "Uh, yeah we found the remains of one freshly re-deceased murderwraith and there's probably two or three more around."

Gummy and George didn't realize until then that the gross feeling had faded away.

What are you doing?
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe


Nameless:
  • Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6


Murder Hobos:

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Carlos » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:42 pm

Carlos tries to reach through the telepathic link, hoping it is there. If it is, he will inform them what he found, "I have found the remains of a destroyed undead...the kind of foul necromancy called a Murder Wraith. It must have passed within a few hundred yards of the camp last night."

When told that another has been found, he considers, "While I am generally for anything that removes such an abomination, I wonder if we should, perhaps, seek to discover what is doing this, and make certain it is not a greater threat."

He can not think of anything that could and would do this...at least nothing natural.
OOC Comments
Knowledge: Arcana 1d10 = 5: 5, Wild Arcana 1d6 = 2: 2
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gorgeous George » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:49 pm

George feels his stomach drop out at the word. Carlos' report makes him that much more concerned. "Hell's buckets. So you guys are telling me that the nastiest creatures around are in the area, and something is hunting them? Okay, yeah, we need to address this situation. Carlos, do you think that, once we're all together, you could follow the Wraith's trail to figure out where they were coming from?"
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Carlos » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:54 pm

Carlos states, "It would be easier for me to do before I meet up with you. I can sense the trail of disruption the Murder Wraith left behind it, but my senses would be dulled should I be too close to very much technology"

That much he is sure of. He might still manage with his mystic senses dulled, but it would be easier to use them. Possibly not safer, but easier. What bothers him is that he has not sensed whatever did this.
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gorgeous George » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:10 pm

George hesitates at Carlos' suggestion. "I admit, I ain't too comfortable sending you on solo like that. Tell you what, ride back here, and you and Gummy can ride on ahead--your beast seems big enough for a second person. I want you to have some back-up out there. I'll ride ahead of the Behemoth and we'll try to stay as close as we can without disrupting yer, ah, connections. But if we go this route, I want you two to swear, you see even the first sign of trouble, you double-time it out of there and back to us. Savvy?"

With that, he informs everyone else of the plan, and changes course to meet up with Carlos and transfer Gummy over to Carlos' mount, and then back-tracks to the Behemoth to ride more closely to them.
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Gummy
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gummy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:32 pm

Gummy's head ached just thinking about whatever precipitous fall brought her to this current juncture in her life, current company a small respite given the general nowhere's ville appearance of the region.

. . . if only that fall was a hangover. . .

Her recollection of Big Al's reputation sat in stark contrast to what she thought she remembered about George -- generally pleasant, Hippocratic fellow that seemed mostly harmless, but certainly useful when you couldn't gauge the strength of bathtub hooch. . .

Wearing a genuinely impish grin, something betwixt a confused grimace and unadulterated eureka, she looks at George as a fellow compatriot of illicit chivalry!

What a sly dog! This whole time, must have been working for the market!

Somewhat proud, she draws her own conclusions about the nature of the professional relationship between Big Al, George, and the Tomorrow Legion -- essentially believing them to be ambassadors, of sorts, between the Black Market and the Idealistic Pseudo-Military.

That little cognitive voyage was shortly lived, after catching tidbits the apparently supernatural transmission George was sharing with the primitive d-bee,
the voiced concerns with what was assumed to be the remains of the culprit responsible for that horrid feeling of unease raised an eyebrow.

Nodding through a feigned veneer of civility, in her usual manner, Gummy greets Carlos after their impromptu rendezvous -- she of course, not being the direct recipient of the telepathic communication, feels somewhat pugnacious towards the the task. . . but mostly towards the rustic ambiance, wafting from this "carlos".

"Oh, you require assistance?! Very good, I would be pleased to help the. . . Exotic Gaijin find the detestable necromantic abominations hiding in the brush!"

Her pursed smile, broken slightly to reveal clenched, blackened teeth a subdued hint noting her revulsion towards the thought of riding on a smelly animal. Some ticks translate well, others don't.
Gummy
Vibro-Sword (ラッキーコイン | Rakkīkoin) Str+d10, AP 4
Toughness: 11 (5)
Parry: 8
Bennies 2/3

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Carlos » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:34 pm

Carlos is not particularly happy with having as much technology as Gummy carries riging behind him, and she seems similarly uncomfortable going with him. Still, he has to agree that having someone with different capabilities along is probably for the best.

He will leave anything not required for the mission behind, he does not want his steed burdened should we need to fight or flee, and he will suggest to Gummy, "No carry much, scout, not fight...fast, quiet."
Since he is saving his energy, he has to get the point across with his limited American.
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
Hawdore
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hawdore » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:05 pm

Showered and dressed Hawdore joins Big Al on the bridge of the Behemoth. "Did I hear correctly that the remains of destroyed murder wraiths have been found in the vicinity? That is disturbing news. I have not encountered one before myself but by all accounts they are most formidable. Anything that could destroy several of the creatures would have to be either quite formidable themselves or quite numerous or both."

Getting on the comm frequency Hawdore contacts George, "Were there any indications that these creatures or whatever destroyed them was heading towards town, was there? I would hate to have fixed one problem only to see them saddled with another."

Hawdore feels the urge to be out there and doing something but he also realizes his limits. Best to be patient and see what develops than to hare off in the wrong direction and not be where he is needed or worse, get killed by one of those creatures. No, it is best to stay here for the moment.
Notice 4
Notice: 1d8 = 3: 3 Wild Die 1d6 = 4: 4
Constant Effects: Brave, Quick
Temporary Effects: None
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.
Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers


Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.

Code: Select all

[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]

User avatar
Hobo Joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Location: Riding the Rails to Stardom

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hobo Joe » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:11 am

Local Conditions wrote: CS Lonestar?
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 0945 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good
Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

THE DEADLY ONES
When George reaches the Behemoth he finds it has moved about a mile away from its previous location. The Hospitallers are busy as usual, and the one, maybe Chuck, they're so hard to tell apart in armor, scrambles down the big 'bot's loading ramp. He says, "Boss, Al wanted us away from the path of those things." While Chuck is reporting to George, Al fills Hawdore in on the situation. "Yes, indeed, we found two dead murderwraiths, and tracks that indicate more. They were killed by something." There's not much more to tell.

Hawdore and Al both don't gasp, but if they were less seasoned adventurers they would have, dangerous flying things appear on the radar. "Shit." Al says, swearing for the second time in one day. The curse is justified. The fast moving airborne contacts are coming from Lonestar.

As Carlos stalks the path through the landscape his mind at the same time is trying to answer the question: what did this? And he can come up with several things that could defeat a murderwraith of course: a dragon could easily. But he senses nothing that powerful in the area, it would have left its own stamp. It is troubling that this may be some sort of technological menace.

Still, he finds the trail of the creatures. It's obvious. Even to the technological being that's accompanying him.

For Gummy's part, she tromps through bushes and dirt after the lizard man. Very likely, this is about the least city-like place she's ever had the dubious pleasure to explore. She can see that there's a path of some sort through the bush, grass, whatever, but how you could tell this path from any of the other criss-crossing the dirty ground. Anyway, there's no smog, at least.

Again, in under the heading of "obvious", the two bodies of CS psi-stalkers laying in the branches of a tree. Carlos, does make more of the situation than Gummy. He recognizes that this looks like the behavior of a big predatory cat. The teeth marks surrounding the empty spot where the psi-stalkers' jugulars once were just reinforces that theory. Carlos estimates they are a couple days old, and it is significant that the corpses have not been disturbed.

George is paralleling them on the hovercycle. The terrain is exactly what hovercycles were built for, so he has no issues. Keeping an eye out for anything dangerous or suspicious. Suspicious, possibly. He's no tracker, but it seems like someone had a campsite or something here.

What are you doing?
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe


Nameless:
  • Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6


Murder Hobos:

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gorgeous George » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:15 am

OOC Comments
Notice 1d4 = 4: 4
ACE Running Total 1d4+4 = 5: 1
Wild Notice 1d6 = 1: 1
George nods to Chuck. "Good thinkin' on Al's part, as always." He gets the status report, and, satisfied that the Behemoth is doing fine, gets back on Asclepius, reminding the Hospitaller crew to not get too far behind--they're to radio in if the separation gets too great or if they have any sort of hold-up.

As he's riding, he comes across a used campsite. He's no tracker, of course, so he calls it in to Gummy, letting her know the location so she can pass it on to Carlos; then he calls back to the base just in time to hear them say something about incoming fliers. Getting that sit-rep, he sighs. "Right. If they buzz you, identify yourselves as with the Legion, as a medical unit. Keep Simba, Ferrax and Hawdore outta sight if you can." Then he talks to Gummy again. "Okay, so we got an extra passel o' fun, here. Likely CS fliers coming in fast and hot. Do your best to get under cover and try to avoid engaging them."

When she tells him about the Psi-Stalker corpses, he adds, "Right, they probably failed to report in, so these guys are looking for their buddies. If anyone makes radio contact with the CS, inform them that there are two of their own who were killed out here. Give 'em the location, and have them contact me. Maybe we can work out a deal where they let us keep tracking this thing in the hopes that we all kill each other."
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Simba
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Simba » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:31 am

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Ace: 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace: 1d6 = 3: 3 Wild: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Simba hears the team members talk about Murder Wraiths. If it has the word Murder in its name, it can't be good.

Simba flies around the base on patrol. It would appear that some of the members left on a patrol, It's a shame I missed them. I will protect the base. Simba establishes comms with the lead hospitalier. "I hope you do not mind, would you please be kind enough to act as relay between the team and myself? I am currently patrolling around this mobile base. Thank you very much"

During the patrol, Simba gets informed that there is a aerial patrol inbound and to hide in the base. "Understood." Simba will return to base and enter until the guests pass.
Bennies: 3

OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise

User avatar
Hawdore
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hawdore » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:30 pm

Notice 7, Success
Notice: 1d8 = 7: 7 Wild Die 1d6 = 3: 3
Constant Effects: Brave, Quick
Temporary Effects: None
Taking note of the incoming radar contacts Hawdore's sigh is nearly silent. "I agree with George that the optimal outcome is to avoid any hostilities with the CS, doubly so since your Glitterboy is off on escort duty. However, I think I will take myself below and gather my equipment. I shall return to the bridge shortly. Should the CS force prove troublesome don't hesitate to let me know where I can be of most uses in defending this vehicle."

Hawdore gives Al a small bow and turns to leave the bridge of the Behemoth. Making his way to his berth Hawdore quickly dons his armor, clips his hammer to his equipment belt and checks the load on his railgun. Let's hope these soldiers prove to be a little more cooperative than the last bunch we encountered. This may not be the most heavily armed robot on the market but it should be more than a handful for a group that size. Not that I've noticed an overabundance of sense when dealing with representatives of the Coalition States.

Looking around his compartment he nods to himself, confident that he hasn't forgotten anything as he places his helmet on his head and engages the environmental seal. Slinging his railgun over his shoulder he turns and leaves the compartment to head back to the bridge.
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.
Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers


Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.

Code: Select all

[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Carlos » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:00 pm

Carlos gestures for Gummy to stay put and examines the area for more clues. Foot Prints, shed epidermal tissues, damage to tree bark indicative of something heavy climbing with claws. The kind if thing that would tell him whether it is in fact some kind of feline...or something else with feline habits.

Whatever it is, it has to be extremely strong to have torn through the armor like that, and extremely durable to have survived contact with the Murder Wraiths. If it is catlike, it is probably a pouncing hunter, possibly with a degree of natural camouflage.

It may also, he reminds himself, be hidden from psychic senses...so he needs to be alert and tells his Osreasaurus to be the same.
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 8: 8 Wild Notice 1d6 = 3: 3 Notice Ace 1d8 = 2: 2 Notice = 10 (1 raise)
Tracking 1d8 = 6: 6 Wild Tracking 1d6 = 5: 5 Tracking = 6 (Success)
Survival 1d10 = 5: 5 Wild Survival 1d6 = 6: 6 WS Ace 1d6 = 4: 4 Survival = 10 (1 raise)
Note...adjust for the presence of the tech gear of the Stalkers and Gummy as required
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
Gummy
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gummy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:29 pm

Notice
1d4 = 1: 1 +2 on sight based checks
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 1: 1
Total: 7 (9 on sight based checks)
Gummy departs with a smile, more for the sake of political clemency than any earnest desire to tromp through the underbrush.

How despicable! Ugh, there's no cultivation here. . . it looks like nobody's tended this area. . . ever. . . at least those country yokels in Nippon could keep a hedge trimmed -- Gaijin barbarians.

Keeping her eyes peeled, Gummy pondered the strange feral d-bee scouting just off in the distance; she realized this Carlos seemed as off-put by her accompaniment as she was repulsed by his -- at least he was professional. She could respect professional. As for his aversion to cyber-wear. . . well, sheep seemed just as afraid back home, but for different reasons -- she didn't presume that Carlos was even aware of her criminal status, no, his aversion must be towards something more specific.

Maybe he's one of those anti-augment cultists -- he certainly smells it


When George radios in Gummy remains silent for the most part, with intermittent "Hi's" as acknowledgements -- "Mmm, 'See Ess', right. I will keep hidden George-san, dealing is for if we get caught. We can worry about that later, as long as Carlos can hide his Jurassic rear. Fufufu."

The laugh comes out as more of a snicker, considering the actual game of cat and mouse in which she was now engaged -- ending the transmission, her eyes are locked on Carlos, nodding as he moves to survey the scene in greater depth.

Clasping the hilt of her sheathed sword, she ducks down, envisioning the sudden eruption of violence from within the nearby foliage.
Stealth
1d8 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2

Bennie Re-roll
1d8 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Last edited by Gummy on Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gummy
Vibro-Sword (ラッキーコイン | Rakkīkoin) Str+d10, AP 4
Toughness: 11 (5)
Parry: 8
Bennies 2/3

User avatar
Hobo Joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Location: Riding the Rails to Stardom

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hobo Joe » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:17 am

Local Conditions wrote: CS Lonestar?
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 0955 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good
Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

THE LAST HAIRCUT
The campsite doesn't seem to have any obvious clues. There's no blood. There's no pieces of armor or robots laying around. It really looks like a campsite that was pretty well squared away as it was abandoned. Which, George realizes, is actually quite a bit of information. It means that whatever attacked the murder wraiths and the psi stalkers didn't attack the camp. The CS squad though, didn't do such a great job policing the camp site as George first imagined. There was still evidence of the fire, the location of tents, even the latrine was only partially hidden. They didn't pack out what they packed in, they left in a hurry.

Simba circles the area on his way back to the Behemoth. His altitude gives him a different view than the team on the ground. He can't see the approaching Coalition air unit, nor can he see the predator thing that's out there. None of them radiate any kind of mystic energy. But he does see three spots of almost total darkness in the scrub below, though they are hidden from normal sight. They are approaching the Behemoth from the north.

Stuck inside the Behemoth, Hawdore is probably in one of the most tense positions in this developing situation. He can only wait. Looking over the shoulders of the Hospitallers at the controls, he can see the Coalition forces only seconds from contact. They haven't shown any signs of slowing, nor have they made any attempt at contact. They do not appear to be soldiers, but they are efficient and move as a team. Big Al is definitely in charge despite his generally soft spoken nature, his authority--no, the Hospitallers loyalty--is obvious. Big Al says to Hawdore, in a bit of a grim tone, "There's a hatch to the roof just aft of this compartment. Probably your rail gun is our best defense if the Dead Boys get frisky." He adds, "Just in case."

In the field Carlos's woodsman skills tell him a story. There was some sort of feline, but it was more akin to a dog boy in many ways. It was partially bipedal. Like a bear, it seamed to stand up and fight, but then run at speed, great speed, on all fours. His sense of smell is doesn't tell him what it is, but he knows there is metal residue in the claw marks. Refined, technological created metal. While he's investigating the tree with the carcasses, he feels a shift in the air. The something, this cat thing, is watching him from the north, about fifty feet. But then it dashes off to the west, still, making barely any noise.

Gummy is a little put off by the whole summer camp vibe, but no less alert for it. She watches Carlos, sniff, scratch, taste, snort and whatever else the nature boy does. She starts to lose interest until she sees Carlos suddenly focus on the scrub. She turns just in time to see something dash off to the west.

What are you doing?
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe


Nameless:
  • Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6


Murder Hobos:

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Carlos » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:41 am

Carlos says to Gummy, "The thing is a beast with cat nature, it stalk and pounce hunter. It metal built in has...not natural. Is a made thing, but alive."

It seems clear we are dealing with a genetically engineered hunting creature with cyborg enhancements...though Carlos probably does not have the words for it.

When it takes off shortly after he figures out where it is hiding, he says, "It sense prey...we follow?"
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gorgeous George » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:45 pm

Having made what determinations he can, George gets back on the hovercycle and continues to follow the route to keep pace with the scouting duo. Sticking those two together was probably cruel on some level, but George wanted to give the newbs a bit of a test--see if they could work outside their respective comfort zones, and still do the job right. So far, seemed like a go.
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Hawdore
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hawdore » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:13 pm

Notice 7, Success
Notice: 1d8 = 7: 7 Wild Die 1d6 = 5: 5
Constant Effects: Brave, Quick
Temporary Effects: None
Hawdore nods to Big Al. "An excellent idea." Taking note of the bearing of the incoming CS force as related to the Behemoth he scrambles up the access ladder and hits the release on the hatch which swings upwards with the whine of its electric motor. Even given the tense situation he takes a moment to marvel at the excellent maintenance of the Behemoth crew. This vehicle is in excellent shape. It's going to be so interesting to really go over it once I can get it into a proper maintenance bay.

Sticking his armored head out of the hatch he zeros in on the approaching units and readies his railgun though he is careful not to point it in their direction. No need to spook them if he can help it. Spook them. Heh. I doubt this pop gun will be too concerning to them. I suppose that I really need to learn the necessary techniques to enhancement my firepower if I'm going to keep getting myself in these situations.

Chinning his mic open he informs Big Al he is in position. "I am in position and can engage as needed. Please keep me tied into any communications with the approaching forces so that I may monitor. Thank you."
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.
Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers


Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.

Code: Select all

[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]

User avatar
Simba
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Simba » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:23 pm

OOC Comments
Notice: 1d6+2 = 4: 2 Wild: 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Simba notices the strange shadows and starts to orbits them. He attempts to use Infra-vision to get a better image. Simba will not stick around long, He will head towards the Behemoth with what information he has. Once at the behemoth he will use Mass Understanding. "There are two shadows heading this way coming from that direction. Focus your lights and contact Mr. George to let him know. I will head back out to provide support." Simba will grab a radio. "I will take this so you can keep me informed."

Simba will take back to the air to locate the shadows and provide support if needed.
Bennies: 3

OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise

User avatar
Gummy
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gummy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:35 pm

Notice
1d4 = 2: 2 +2 on sight based notice checks
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Gummy squints at Carlos, almost bewildered, whilst he makes his in depth search--she's not quite sure she's interested, repulsed, or irritated by his Precambrian ways, but it seemed like he was being productive at least, that much was clear. Beginning to lose a general interest, she begins to find her eyes wandering, despite the subdued anxiety of the scene. . . at least until the faintest glimpse of whatever lithe creature seemed to be eluding them. "A made-thing. . ." She musters the beginnings of a response, but is cutoff by the creature darting through the brush.

Wha!?

Visibly perturbed by the creature, her gaze attempts to follow, but proves unreliable -- left staring over her shoulder with wide-eye, and a corner of her mouth curled in frustration. She quickly glances back to Carlos, "Aiyee!? Of course!" Drawing her sword, Gummy stands poised to follow, she'd be damned if something had the gall to consider her prey!
Gummy
Vibro-Sword (ラッキーコイン | Rakkīkoin) Str+d10, AP 4
Toughness: 11 (5)
Parry: 8
Bennies 2/3

User avatar
Hobo Joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Location: Riding the Rails to Stardom

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hobo Joe » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:55 am

Local Conditions wrote: CS Lonestar?
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 0957 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good
Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing

SEARCH IN LIMBO
It is now a very dynamic system now.

Carlos and Gummy have prey, they take off after the "beast" while George dashes to join them.

Hawdore climbs on top of the Behemoth and moments later he can see the specs approaching rapidly.

Ah, and Simba realizes very quickly that the darkness is not in the physical realm, but a negative space in the local mana. These spots are bad news. In fact, they might be the murderwraiths.

That's the scene.

What happens next.

Carlos keeps pace with the beast, Gummy starts to lag behind after a few seconds. She can't keep up with the dino. But for a few seconds they can see the creature clearly. Gummy has seen a battlecat before and this is bigger than any battlecat she has ever seen. And it's the most insane looking one she could imagine. It theoretically is wearing armor. It looks like the armor is coated in some nanotech that acts as camouflage. But the speed at which the creature is moving makes the camouflage ineffective. It has a mini-railgun slung across it's back. Running on all fours and with the size of its claws on hands and feet, which flash with a silvery tint, it's likely that the mini-gun is not its first choice of weapons.

What Carlos sees nearly makes him sick. This is a living creature that just feels wrong. Everything about its motion is fabricated. It moves like a feline, but also like a man. Similar to the dog boys he's seen, but this one is even worse, more twisted. He spots the mechanical aberrations in its body, the feline lines distorted by "enhancements". It's fast, as fast as the ostrasaurus. And for that matter, it's almost as big.

George catches a glimpse as well, but all he sees is a fast moving creature disappearing into the bush with Carlos and his dino disappearing just behind him. He catches up to Gummy just as she is being left behind.

Simba joins Hawdore on top of the Behemoth. He conveys the information to Hawdore, gets his radio, but before taking off again, the CS force arrives. Four of the new style Super SAMAS zoom overhead and begin to circle the zone. They are followed by two air cars who move into an aerial holding pattern as the SAMAS descend. So far they seem to be ignoring the Behemoth completely. So far.

What are you doing?
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe


Nameless:
  • Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6


Murder Hobos:

User avatar
Hawdore
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hawdore » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:03 pm

Notice 7, Success
Notice 1d8 = 7: 7
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Hawdore kept his railgun ready but was careful not to point it at the CS forces unless they should decide to become belligerent. Keying his com he communicates with Big Al inside the robot. "So far they seem to be ignoring us which seem to indicate that we are not the reason for their presence. I recommend that we return the favor and continue with our previous course of action. Would you concur, Big Al?"

His voice is calm and measured as is his way but internally Hawdore seethed with frustration as the scene played out in seeming slow motion. Why is it that these Coalition cretins seem to turn up at every opportunity? What was going on with these creatures that seemed to roam the forest at will? He took a breath and tried to calm himself and still his impatience at their current predicament.

Almost as an afterthought he unclipped his impact hammer from his belt and laid it beside him should he have need of it.
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.
Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers


Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.

Code: Select all

[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gorgeous George » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:24 pm

George, seeing Gummy standing there, shouts to her. "Hop on! I can catch Carlos' mount on my hawg, and maybe even that... what the blazes was that thing, anyway?" Even as he speaks, he slows down just enough for her to make an easy jump on the back of the bike, then roars off again after the Eco-Wizard and the... thing. "Talk to me, folks. We got a bogey spotted. What's the new arrivals up to?"
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Simba
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Simba » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:48 pm

Simba stands on top of the behemoth, radio in hand. Seeing the metal men circle the behemoth and not pay attention to it concerns Simba. "Friend Hawthorn, do you think these metal men, Coalition States, are targeting the murder wraiths? Do think they will succeed?" Simba stands ready to defend against any threat. These humans are unpredictable.
Bennies: 3

OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Carlos » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:58 am

Carlos rides his dinosaurian alien beast after the strange made-thing cate creature, barely managing to keep it in sight. It seems something like a Dog Boy...one of the made ones not one of the bred ones...despite their origin dog boys born naturally are much less jarring to his senses than those created in a lab. This creature is like them, but the creator person was not satisfied with his creation, adding parts to it like a borg. He is not sure if the armor is worn or grafted, but either way the technology of it is yet another affront to his senses.

Speaking of senses, this thing probably has psychic senses like those of a Dog Boy, and those are what is leading it to what it considers prey. Clearly that is why it is heading off...so we are likely better off following it to see what it is after. It did not pick Carlos, an Eco-Wizard, nor Gummy, a Crazy...but did pick the Psi Stalkers and Murder Wraiths. What did those have in common?
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8 = 5: 5 Wild Notice: 1d6 = 2: 2 Notice =5 (Success)
Riding: 1d6 = 2: 2 Wild Ride: 1d6 = 6: 6 WR Ace 1d6 = 3: 3 Ride =9 One Raise
Tracking: 1d8 = 8: 8 Wild Track: 1d6 = 6: 6 Tracking Ace 1d8 = 8: 8, Wild Track Ace 1d6 = 3: 3, Tracking Ace 2 1d8 = 1: 1 Tracking 17=3 raises
Survival 1d10 = 1: 1 Wild Survival 1d6 = 2: 2 Survival 2 (failed)
Please adjust survival roll as needed for conditions
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
Gummy
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gummy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:44 pm

Notice
1d4 = 1: 1 +2 on sight based checks
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Gummy grits her teeth with subdued violence as she witnesses the scintillating patterns of camouflage to slow to keep pace with the speed of the creature -- almost poetically, she herself begins to lag, unable to keep up with the hectic pace of Carlo's scaled beast. She would have felt somewhat slighted had George not showed up precisely when he did -- cracking a wry smile, she darts to gain enough momentum to leap onto the hover-cycle without slogging it. She remembered throwing bags of rice onto moving bicycles as a mere poppet, often times with deviously hilarious results; mischief, however, was not her aim, but the need to satiate a rather strange curiosity.

"Not sure, George-san. It looks very much like a big, holographic kitty -- it would sell great back in Nippon!"

With that, Gummy keeps her sword drawn, but tucked in close to avoid acting as a foil -- running with scissors was a terrible enough idea, let alone flying with a katana!

Fufufufufu. . . talk about a quick draw!
Gummy laughs devilishly to herself, imagining how unabashedly awesome it would be to lop off some debtors head at this speed.
Gummy
Vibro-Sword (ラッキーコイン | Rakkīkoin) Str+d10, AP 4
Toughness: 11 (5)
Parry: 8
Bennies 2/3

User avatar
Hawdore
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hawdore » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:03 pm

Notice 12, Raise
Notice: 1d8 = 6: 6 Wild Die 1d6 = 6: 6 Wld Ace 1d6 = 6: 6
Constant Effects: Brave, Quick
Temporary Effects: None
Gorgeous George wrote:George, seeing Gummy standing there, shouts to her. "Hop on! I can catch Carlos' mount on my hawg, and maybe even that... what the blazes was that thing, anyway?" Even as he speaks, he slows down just enough for her to make an easy jump on the back of the bike, then roars off again after the Eco-Wizard and the... thing. "Talk to me, folks. We got a bogey spotted. What's the new arrivals up to?"
Hawdore responds to George's query, "So far they do not seem to be doing much of anything. They seem unconcerned with our presence. Of course, a Behemoth is considered primarily a research vehicle so perhaps they just don't consider us a threat. I think, however, they're looking for something. We are monitoring the situation."
Simba wrote:Simba stands on top of the behemoth, radio in hand. Seeing the metal men circle the behemoth and not pay attention to it concerns Simba. "Friend Hawthorn, do you think these metal men, Coalition States, are targeting the murder wraiths? Do think they will succeed?" Simba stands ready to defend against any threat. These humans are unpredictable.
"I don't know, my friend. They are certainly looking for something. They may be looking for their missing comrades. Let's hope if and when they find the bodies they do not go looking for someone to scapegoat the deaths over. There are reasons enough to take a life and certainly I have little sympathy for these Coalition troops but getting into a fight to the death simply because of a foolish misunderstanding is quite aggravating if you ask me."
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.
Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers


Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.

Code: Select all

[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]

User avatar
Hobo Joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Location: Riding the Rails to Stardom

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hobo Joe » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:50 am

Local Conditions wrote: CS Lonestar?
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1000 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good
Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 1.50.16 AM-Crop.png
Detail Map Scale: 1 square = 10 feet. The denser, brushy areas are Difficult Ground. This works as Medium Cover if crouching (total -2 from incoming attacks). The trees can provide up to Heavy Cover, but provide no Armor/Toughness. Go ahead and figure that 1 square = 1" for game ranges The whole range crap is probably my biggest annoying detail w Savage Worlds. I should probably just accept it and not keep fighting it. Sigh.

THE OUTCAST
Having a pretty good idea of the terrain, Hawdore calculates that the CS troops are landing at the abandoned camp site. That means they don't care about the creature and whatever is valuable is at the camp, or, perhaps, they haven't spotted the creature yet. For the moment however they are ignoring the Hobos on the road. If Simba takes to the air again, he will have a good view of both groups. The CS has spread out around the campsite. They seem mostly concerned with securing that area and are not actively searching beyond it. Not now at least. He can also spot the other group. Gummy and George arrive in a clearing just behind Carlos and his dinosaur creature. There are three murderwraiths in the clearing too. And then a horrible cat-like monster that is squaring off against the murderwraiths.

On the ground the details are much more gruesome.

Carlos had the head start, so he arrived in the small clearing first. Slowing his mount down he observes the situation with horror. It's not (just) fear, but these horrors facing of to battle each other right in front of his face are the epitome of all that is wrong with technology. Re-animated dead using a hybrid of necromancy and chemical enhancements is pretty much the worst combination of magic and tech possible. The cat thing is somehow a different and yet equally horrific creation. Instead of re-animating the dead, the creators of this creature have built a living being from scratch and then twisted and tortured it into a killing machine. A killing machine they have no lost control of. A nagging question in the back of Carlos' brain keeps asking, "Why are there this many murder wraiths here?". Scanning the ground tells a story too. The branches are broken just so, a foot print twisted just a certain angle or a pressed to a key depth, a faint smell coming from the wrong direction. This is not the first time this place has been used as a battle ground by these creatures. It seems like this may have been the location of a fight last night. There were more combatants at that time. Probably some of the CS forces were there too. If anyone was killed here, the body was carried away. He can also guess at the answer to his "why not attack us" question. He's seen this pattern with predators before, they have a preferred prey and as long as that prey is around, other secondary food sources will be around. A little more study and he realizes something kind of shocking. The creature carried the psi-stalkers (probably) out of the combat zone. Alive or dead, even Carlos' mighty woodsmanship cannot determine their status when they were dragged off.

But the main action is just in front of him right now. Three murder wraiths circling around the cat creature. Carlos gets his first real clear view of the creature. It is certainly a CS creation, the markings on its armor leave no doubt. It carries human looking weapons, but they are not drawn. Instead the creature is relying on its massive strength and the huge claws on its hands and feet. They are not natural looking but have a silver sheen. And the gash the claws just left in the wraith do considerable damage. They must be silver. Carlos gets a glimpse of the thing's eyes, he can see the torment and crazy.

While Carlos is an info gathering machine, Gummy's machines are on the fritz. Maybe she bonked her head just the right way, or who knows. But her eyeballs go a little wonky. Like she's cross-eyed. She manages to hang on to George, but it's a challenge as the screwed up vision creates some mild dizziness. Still, even with messed up peepers, the situation is still clearly fubar.

George hits the brakes on the hoverbike as they enter the clearing. He sees Carlos a few feet away pause as well. And they things going on just up ahead. Murder wraiths vs rampaging mutant murder wraith killing cat, who comes up with this stuff? He turns to check on Gummy and is pretty sure something is wrong with those beautiful eyes. The beauty of course is purely professional, her cyberware is quite intriguing. But there are some other issues at hand...

One of the Hospitallers responds to George on the radio, probably Chuck, "Yeah boss, we lost contact as they landed, but they appeared be heading for the camp site you found. It's about a mile from us. Not sure where you are right now." Theres a break in the conversation and then Chuck comes back on, "Al thinks it's important for you to know the SAMAS are also on the ground."

What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. Carlos, Gummy, George, Simba make standard Fear Check. Carlos is -1 due to the horrific technological abominations of the murder wraiths and the mutant cat.
  2. Gummy Optics Technical Difficulty: Glitch: The device or gear applies a −1 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 1.
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe


Nameless:
  • Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6


Murder Hobos:

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gorgeous George » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:26 pm

On the Bike
OOC Comments
Resist Fear (Brave):
Spirit 1d10+2 = 3: 1
Wild Spirit 1d6+2 = 8: 6
ACE Running Total 1d6+8 = 9: 1
Raise

General Awareness:
Notice 1d4 = 4: 4
ACE Running Total 1d4+4 = 8: 4
ACE Running Total 1d4+8 = 9: 1
Wild Notice 1d6 = 2: 2
Raise

Spot Diagnosis:
Knowledge: Cybernetics 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Wild K: Cyber 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Success
"Already at the campsite, huh? That puts 'em... Crap. A thousand, mebbe fifteen-hundred feet southeast of us. Definitely too close for comfort. And noted about the SAMMYs. See if you can figure out what frequency they're usin' ta co-ordinate. It's obviously gonna be scrambled, but if I need ta make a plea for peace, it helps if they can hear--wait, think we got somethin' here. Do the scan, I'll check back in in a moment."

One does not remove a patient's heart from their chest while their strung-out buddy is holding a laser pistol at one's head without developing strong nerves; this experience has steeled George too keep a cool head regardless of how dire the situation is.

He turns to Gummy and Carlos as they arrive at the scene. "I dunno about you two, but I'm thinkin' we wanna move around to the far side, over there, and see how this plays out. No need to get between two different abominations, yeah? An' maybe that way we can keep the whole lot of 'em between us and the Cee-Ess. There's a lotta movin' parts here, and I wanna be sure... Ah, crap, Gummy. That eye on the fritz again? You had that problem back in '07, right? Seein' stars? Soon as we get a moment ta breathe, I'll fix it right up again; til then, it's just another reason not to rush into somethin' ugly." Assuming no one disagrees with the proposal, he guides the hoverbike in a wide circle around the showdown, to end up to their northwest, keeping an eye out in case one of the participants decides to turn its attention towards the three of them (four, if you count the dino).


On the Behemoth
OOC Comments
General Awareness: Al, w/sensors
Notice 1d4+2 = 6: 4
ACE Running Total 1d4+6 = 7: 1
Wild Notice 1d6+2 = 8: 6
ACE Running Total 1d6+8 = 14: 6
ACE Running Total 1d6+14 = 18: 4
Al is One with the Universe (3 Raises!)

Hospitallers Group Roll, w/sensors
Notice 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Group Wild Die 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Success
.
Al gave a sigh of long-suffering resignation as George signed off just as things were getting interesting out there. He nodded to Chuck. "Take us straight north, try to get even with them on the latitude--from what our fearless leader was saying, it sounds like that will keep us clear of whatever's going on out there, but close enough to provide support if we have to."

Chuck nodded, and he and Betsy worked to operate the Behemoth's controls, while Al got on the comm with Hawdore. "Hawdore, we want to isolate the frequencies the CS are using to communicate. If you can actually descramble their signals, that would be amazing, but just knowing what they're using to talk would let us speak to them if we need to."
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Hawdore
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hawdore » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:40 pm

Hawdore nods to himself at Al's request. "Gleaning information from another's mind is not something I have tried before. Give me a few minutes to prepare and I will see what I can do. I will have to be closer to at least one of the CS personnel in order to establish contact. If I am successful I may be able to pick the comm frequencies they are using out of their minds and perhaps other information of use. From what I understand of the process it is possible that such a intrusion may be detected, however. There is some risk."

Setting his railgun down Hawdore closed his eyes and began a meditation ritual in preparation of the attempt. He had established mental communications with other beings on many occasions and had in fact become fairly proficient at it. However, this was the first time he would attempt to invade another's mind with the intent of taking information he needed. He breathing became slow and steady and his mind grew still as he prepared himself for the coming challenge.
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.
Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers


Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.

Code: Select all

[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]

User avatar
Hobo Joe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm
Location: Riding the Rails to Stardom

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hobo Joe » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:14 pm

Local Conditions wrote: CS Lonestar?
  • Location: On the road
  • Population: ???
  • Date & Time: 1002 Wednesday, September 10 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Distant
    *]Weather: clear sky, 55 degrees F. 75% humidity
  • Visibility: very good
Overview Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kl_3I ... sp=sharing
Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 6.17.34 PM.png
Detail Map Scale: 1 square = 10 feet. The denser, brushy areas are Difficult Ground. This works as Medium Cover if crouching (total -2 from incoming attacks). The trees can provide up to Heavy Cover, but provide no Armor/Toughness. Go ahead and figure that 1 square = 1" for game ranges The whole range crap is probably my biggest annoying detail w Savage Worlds. I should probably just accept it and not keep fighting it. Sigh.

VENDETTA
Poor Gummy! George's cursory glance at her eyeballs doesn't give him any idea about what's wrong. No doubt he can fix them back at the Behemoth, but a field repair doesn't seem feasible at this time. That's just a fact, and George is perfectly calm and totally unperturbed by the current situation. Undead juicers and mutant battle cats, no big. He smoothly pilots the over bike in an arc keeping his eye on the standoff between the creatures. The terrain is not an issue for his hover bike, so his progress is unimpeded. He settles the bike down, engines at idle, but not off. He's quiet, but not silent. But he can escape rapidly!

The Behemoth leaves the broken road and plods through the rough terrain, leaving immense footprints in the scrubby vegetation. Small trees are no obstacle and are trampled easily. Ravines, gullies and similar features are also easily traversed by the giant feet. It's not fast though. It moves maybe 10 miles per hour, covering a little over a fifteen hundred feet. While the Hospitallers handle the piloting, George focuses on gathering information. It turns out the CS are being uncharacteristically lazy about radio protocols and managing their overall signature. Even without Hawdore's help, he is quickly able to ascertain their frequency, and while some of the conversation is scrambled some is not. He hears things like:

"Find it! it must have left tracks.

"No, I don't care about the damn cat! Where's the box?!? Find the box dammit!"

"If you can't find it, we're calling in an airstrike. Leave nothing behind. Bombers are already airborne.

"If they don't have the box and think this is all about the cat, let them be. If they have the box we'll have to kill them. They might get caught in the airstrike."

He confirms that the SAMAS and aircars are all at ground level. One of the aircars is pouring out a ton of EM radiation, radar and other more esoteric detecting equipment.

From atop the Behemoth, Hawdore takes a moment to breath and prepare to reach out and touch someone...being as many CS are in range. The top of a giant, lumbering robot is actually a pretty good meditation spot. The motion is rhythmic and not lurching, Hawdore is quite ready to project his mind.

What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  1. Carlos, Gummy, Simba make standard Fear Check. Carlos is -1 due to the horrific technological abominations of the murder wraiths and the mutant cat.
  2. Gummy Optics Technical Difficulty: Glitch: The device or gear applies a −1 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 1.
Why does everybody forget about Hobo Joe? - Hobo Joe


Nameless:
  • Adventure Deck (WIP)
    GM Bennies: 4/6


Murder Hobos:

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Carlos » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:31 pm

Carlos finds the sides in this fight nearly equally intolerable, on the one hand there is the Murder Wraith, an abomination of Necromancy and Twisted Science. On the other hand, there is the feline, Life twisted into something monstrous and then further twisted my adding technology to it. Both are equally intolerable to his ecologically focused senses.
OOC Comments
Fear Check: Spirit roll 1d8-1 = 5: 6 Wild Spirit 1d6-1 = 5: 6 WS Ace 1d6 = 4: 4 Fear Check = 9 (1 raise)
Carlos is angered on behalf of nature. Neither of these creatures should exist at all. The only good thing about either of them seems to be that the cat thing attacks the Murder Wraiths preferentially.

He comments to his arriving allies, "Monsters fight here before, Murder Wraiths attacked Stalkers, cat-thing pulled stalkers out of fight."

Carlos pulls out his sling and energizes it, aiming to hit the Murder Wraith as itneeds to be dispatched first.
OOC Comments
Shooting 1d4 = 2: 2 Wild Shooting 1d6 = 3: 3
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
Simba
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Simba » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:07 pm

Fear
1d8 = 1: 1 Wild: 1d6 = 4: 4
1d20 = 15: 15
Minor Phobia: The character gains a Minor Phobia Hindrance somehow associated with the trauma.
Simba sees the Battle cat enhanced. Many of my people have a fear of Cats to begin with, but this is something different. This is truly a scary best. Taking to the air, Simba circles the area. This is a difficult choice. While, I don't particularly care for the metal men, life has a value and they could change.

Simba will hold his position unless the CS are in danger from the Murder Wraiths, he's not too concerned about the cat and the Murder Wraiths.
Bennies: 3

OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -2; Pace: 6; Parry: 2; Toughness: 3; Strain: 6

Skills:
Intimidation D8
Spellcasting D8
Notice D6 (+2 to vision)
Survival D6
Knowledge Arcana D6
Throwing D6
Taunt D6
Knowledge Alchamy D6
Knowledge Nature D6

Iconic Framework
PPE: 30
Expanded Awareness: detect arcana at will, no PPE cost, as a free action
Ley Line Rejuvenation: While on a ley line, a Walker gains a natural healing roll once per day.
Ley line Sense: A ley line walker can sense a ley line within 10 miles, and she can automatically tell how powerful it is, in what directions it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other spects as might apply (Such as if a huge amount of its energy is being siphoned for some other purpose). She can also sense any nearby Rifts within 10 miles, and she can automatically sense the eruption of a new rift. Or one opening anew; within 50 miles.
Ley line Transmission: Walkers are able to send and receive spoken messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient (who needs to be on the line and expecting the message)
Ley line walking: A ley line walker can, as her name implies, walk the line as though walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.
Spells: Blast, Armor, Burst, Healing, Invisibility, Disguise

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gorgeous George » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:03 pm

On the Behemoth

Big Al rubs his forehead for a moment, listening to the chatter. He calls over to Donna. "Get George on a secure line. Tell him..." He finishes his orders, then goes back to monitoring the radio chatter.

Donna listens, nods, and when he's done, rushes over to the comm station and dials in to George's personal frequency. "Hey, Big & Beautiful. We got a situation. The cat's just a distraction--apparently, the Deadboys are lookin' for some sorta MacGuffin they call 'the box'. They're willin' to call in an airstrike if they think it is in our hands, so if you got that potato, now's the time to drop it and clear out."


In the Field

George winces as Carlos decides to try to take on a Murder Wraith, though fortunately his first shot goes wide. Hoping the undead abomination stays focused on the mutant abomination, he motions to the Simvan in a wide, sweeping motion, trying to convey the idea of coming around to his and Gummy's side of the circle.

Then he blinks as his radio crackles to life, giving him the details on the 'box'. "Message received, Donna, thanks for the update. Keep us informed of new developments."
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Hawdore
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Hawdore » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:06 am

Notice 7, Mind Reading 5, Success
Notice 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1

-1 bennie for extra effort 1d6 = 4: 4

Psionics 1d10 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Hawdore scans the area around him and spies a
Last edited by Hawdore on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm dreadfully sorry but I do insist that you raise your hands or I am going to shoot you.
Hawdore
Hawdore
Bennies 3/4
ISP 20/20

Constant Effects: Brave; Quick; Investigator; Healer; Rock and Roll; Master Psionic; McGyver; Mr. Fix It
Temporary Effects: None

Player: James
Alts: Tiberius, Fizzwaite Zipwidget, Sparkmort "Sparky" Zipwidget, Brute

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6(d12+2), Vigor d6
Charisma: 0(-4 with CS); Pace: 6(8); Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 15(8); Strain: 0

Edges
  • [Racial]: Mr. Fix It - +2 to Repair rolls, 1/2 Repair time with raise
  • [MARS]: AB (Psionics) - Teleport, Telepathic, Telekinesis
  • [MARS]: Major Psionic - x2 base ISP, +1/+2 for +2/+4 ISP and double effect when on a ley line
  • [FG]: Brave - +2 to Fear tests
  • [FG]: Quick - Discard draw of 5 or less for new card
  • [HJ]: Investigator- +2 Investigation and Streetwise
  • [HJ]: Healer - +2 Healing
  • McGyver - May improvise temporary gadgets
  • Rock and Roll! - Ignore full-auto penalty if shooter doesn’t move
  • Master Psionic - Access to Mega powers


Hindrances
  • [Major]: Curious - I love to tinker and explore new technologies even when I sometimes shouldn’t.
  • [Minor]: Loyal
  • [Minor]: Quirk - Unfailingly polite, even in combat.

Code: Select all

[OOC]Notice:[dice]1d8[/dice] Wild Die [Dice]1d6[/Dice]
[size=85]Constant Effects: Brave, Quick[/size]
[size=85][color=#8000FF]Temporary Effects: None[/color][/size][/OOC]

User avatar
Gummy
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gummy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:16 pm

Notice/Fear
1d4 = 2: 2 +1 on Sight based checks
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 2: 2

Fear 1d10 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2

Bennie Re-roll
Fear 1d10 = 9: 9
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Gummy twinges a mite bit as her optics begin throwing a tantrum, something Gummy was famous for in her youth, although she grew out of such childish habits -instead channeling her frustrations into more productive displays of wanton thuggery- it was immeasurably frustrating that her boutique cybernetics couldn't follow suit. If only that pencil of a woman who installed them back in Nippon was in grabbing distance. . .

Stupid, horrible, cheap!!!!

Perhaps it was failing retinal algorithms or a myriad of other cybernetic nuances that could lead to such unfortunate mishaps, but Gummy could have sworn for a brief moment, the large predatory feline had several non-euclidean, pseudo-pods jutting from its face, which would have indeed been unsettling -- however, after jarring her head a slight bit, it turns out that the feline was at least geometrically normal, it was even slightly cute. The murderwraiths, however, were in no way shape or form pleasant, but she had seen enough corpses in her day to shrug off the unsettling notion of them walking (sprinting, even).

Trying to communicate to George through the chaos of the situation she raises her voice to compete with the roar of the hoverbike engines, "Bah!", Clearly frustrated with her failing eyes Gummy can't help but blink them vigorously, "We should let the cat deal with these walking corpses -- you can't extort the dead. . . we should tell the others to retreat before they get injured."

Gummy hated the supernatural, she hated superstition, mainly because it was terrible for business -- you had to shell out an outrageous amount of dough to have an area purified of vengeful spirits. However, with her optics on the fritz, she felt less than comfortable engaging something that was more than a minor inconvenience, more so when it came back from the dead hopped up on zombie-speed.
Gummy
Vibro-Sword (ラッキーコイン | Rakkīkoin) Str+d10, AP 4
Toughness: 11 (5)
Parry: 8
Bennies 2/3

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Carlos » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:16 am

Carlos misses his attack and pauses, then goes around to the other side to see what is wanted, "Plan you somewhat?" he inquires.

He hopes the others do have a plan. Actually, direct attacks are not his forte...possibly he NEEDS a better plan.
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gorgeous George » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:46 pm

George considers their situation. "Well, I'm thinking we let the cat deal with the undead things first. We can see more of it in action, maybe figure out a weakness. Also, accordin' to the radio chatter, we might need to just clear out, anyway--there's Cee-Ess in the area, and they're at least considering just calling in an airstrike. Apparently they left some sort of 'box', maybe a radio beacon or somesuch, around here.
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

User avatar
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Carlos » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:45 pm

Carlos tilts his head, "Khar-loez make cage? Hold from run away?"

What he means is he could create a magic cage, something to hold the survivor from escaping.
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

User avatar
Gorgeous George
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: How Does It Start?

Post by Gorgeous George » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:13 pm

George considers. "It's an option. Though..." He looks back at the battle. "The way that thing's shredding armor makes me think it might be pretty tough to cage. You think you can build one that'll hold it? If so, yeah, go ahead."
Stat Block
Gorgeous George & Big Al
George
Grackletooth Body-Fixer
Parry 5; Pace 4/Run d4; Parry 5; Toughness 19 (9); Charisma +6
Enhanced Triax T-12 Field Medic Armor (+2 Shooting, Stealth [Forest/Urban], Healing)
Weapon in Hand: Wilk's 227 Pulse Pistol
Brave (+2 vs. Fear/Intimidation)
Prehensile Tail (+1 non-movement action, no MAP)
Connections: Black Market, Pecos Bandits
Heroic, Loyal, Vow (Hippocratic Oath), Lame (Club foot)
+4 Damage/-4 Resist Cold
Trauma Kit Uses To Date: 0
Bennies: 2/3

Big Al
Human Faith Caster
Parry 4; Pace 6/Run d6; Toughness 15 (9)
Unarmed (owns a pistol, never uses it)
Strong-willed, Rapid Recharge, Master of Magic, Holy Warrior
Powers: Healing, mass healing, greater healing, resurrection
Small, Pacifist
Bennies: 2/2
PPE: 15/15

Hospitalers
Human Extras, Loyal to Big Al
Pace 6/Run d6; Parry 4; Toughness 9 (4)
Healing d6, Piloting d6
First Aid Kit

Post Reply

Return to “4th COT Adventure Forum”