Google Handle: Praetuskhan
Rank: Novice Experience: 18 Advances Left: 1 (HC 4/1/18)
Iconic Framework: CS Army Infantry Soldier (MARS Variant)
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4(d6 Bionics), Vigor d6
Charisma: 4; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: unarmored: 5; Armored: 14(7); Strain: 2/6
- Driving d4
- Fighting d4
- Intimidation d6
- Investigation d6 (+2; Investigation)
- Knowledge (Battle) d8(+2; Scholar)
- Knowledge (Computers) d4
- Knowledge (Demolitions) d6
- Knowledge (Electronics) d4
- Knowledge (Engineering) d4
- Knowledge (Politics) d8(+2; Scholar)
- Notice d6 (+2 to search for and through evidence; Investigation)
- Persuasion d6 (+4; Charisma) (+2 for Requisitions; Rank: NCO)
- Shooting d6
- Stealth d4
- Streetwise d4 (+4; Charisma)(+2; Investigation)
- Survival d4
- Throwing d4
- Heroic (Major): This noble soul never says no to a person in need. He doesn’t have to be happy about it, but he always comes to the rescue of those he feels can’t help themselves. He’s the first one to run into a burning building, usually agrees to hunt monsters for little or no pay, and is generally a pushover for a sob story.
- Supremacist (Minor): You believe that who or what you are is objectively better than others, at the expense of other types of people. A character with the Major version of this Hindrance is downright nasty, and potentially murderous. They believe that others are a threat at best, and a target for elimination at worst. You suffer a -2 penalty on Persuasion rolls when dealing with your “lessers” as equals. Psi-Hounds, as loyal war machines of the CS are seen as favored pets by people with these views. Psi-stalkers are seen as a necessary evil.
- Loyal (Minor): Encouraged by the C.S. in training, your character would give her life for her friends. This character can never leave another soldier behind if there’s any chance at all she could help.
- Basic Demolition Education Course: This character can set pre-programmed demo charges with a Common Knowledge Roll as long as someone with Knowledge (Demolitions) Sets the charges up and tells the character where to place it (successful roll on Knowledge (Demolitions).
- Charismatic: You have learned how to work with others, even those who might be somewhat opposed to you or your efforts. This adds +2 to your Charisma.
- Command: Command is the ability to give clear instructions to surrounding allies and enforce your hero’s will upon them. This makes your character’s compatriots more willing to fight on despite their wounds, and so adds +1 to their Spirit rolls to recover from being Shaken. Note: Leadership Edges apply only to a number of subordinates within 10” (the “command radius”).
- Command Presence: A booming voice, effective commands, natural charisma, or simple training results in a much more effective combat element. At the center of that element is the officer in command. A hero with this Edge has a “command radius” of 10” instead of the usual 5”.
- Investigator: Investigators have spent a great deal of time researching ancient legends, working the streets, or deducing devilish mysteries. Some of these heroes are actual Private Investigators for hire while others may be sleuthing mages in a fantasy world or perhaps inquisitive college professors stumbling upon Things Man Was Not Meant to Know in the dark of night. Investigators add +2 to Investigation and Streetwise rolls, as well as Notice rolls made to search through evidence.
- Rank (NCO): Promotions with the CS above the common enlisted ranks are not overly common. More likely are commendations and extra benefits for family members, etc. As a result of his bravery and obedience, the character starts the game as a non-commissioned officer. Gain +2 to supply Requisition requests.
- Scholar-K/Battle & K/Politics: Learned professors, devoted students, and amateur enthusiasts spend months of their lives studying particular subjects. They become experts in these fields, and rarely fail to answer questions in their particular area of expertise. Pick any two Knowledge skills the Scholar has a d8 or better in. Add +2 to your total whenever these skills are used. Those who study military history have a natural edge when commanding troops in Mass Battles (see page 106)—a +2 to a Knowledge (Battle) roll can mean the difference between a rousing victory and a crushing defeat.
- Tactician: The hero has a natural grasp of small unit tactics and can instantly take advantage of a rapidly changing situation.At the beginning of a fight, before any initiative cards are dealt, the hero makes a Knowledge (Battle) roll. For each success and raise he receives one initiative card. These are kept separate from his regular initiative cards and are not placed back into the deck until used or the combat ends. At the start of any round, the hero may give one or more of these extra cards to his allies, whether Extras or Wild Cards, who then use it as their initiative card for the round in place of the one dealt them. This does allow Extras to operate independently of Wild Card characters for one round if they receive their own card. Only one hero per encounter may use this Edge.
- CS Political Elite: Not all who have walked in the upper ranges of power come from military or political families. Some come from the industrial companies that give the CS its autonomy and their undying support of the cause of the Coalition has its perks. Political Elite have high status in C.S. Society and are entitled to special treatment from their rivals and enemies. They gain +2 Charisma, and start with an additional 5000 credits, and begin with cybernetics. It seems like all fun and games, but it’s really not. Supply officers hassle you about problems caused by sales people or the factory. If some scandal erupts, you are immediately the subject of intense scrutiny, and political rivals will make your life hell. You have to keep your family’s good name intact, and live up to their expectations.
- Aquatic Mode Upgrade (1 Strain): Increase Swimming Pace by +4; Implanted rebreather; No penalties for actions while submerged.
- (1 Lvl) Bionic Strength Augmentation (1 Strain): Increase Strength by 1 step.