Weird Edges

Edges from other settings, custom edges, etc. available to characters.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Weird Edges

Post by High Command »

Custom Edges

Edges from the Core Books aside from SWD

Edges from other Settings
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Custom Edges

Post by High Command »

Psionic Null Field [Weird]
Requirements: Novice, Major Psionic
All arcane and supernatural abilities that target anyone or anything within a small burst template around you suffer a -1 to all trait tests associated with those powers. This ability does not operate when the character is unconscious, nor does it affect the character's own psionics. It also has no effect on targets outside the radius of effect. A power that targets both would be penalized within the null field, but unhindered outside it. This penalty combines with Arcane Resistance.
Note: This ability does not affect physical or biological powers that have no supernatural or arcane source to their power.
code for sheet

Code: Select all

[b]Psionic Null Field[/b]: All arcane abilities that target anyone or anything within a small burst template around you suffer a -1 to all trait tests associated with those powers. This ability does not operate when the character is unconscious, nor does it affect the character's own psionics. This penalty combines with Arcane Resistance.
Extended Psionic Null Field [Weird]
Requirements: Psionic Null Field, Novice
As a free action, your hero may now increase the area of effect of Psi-Null Field to a Medium Burst Template. Another free action will reduce this back to it's base level.
code for sheet

[b]Extended Psionic Null Field[/b]: As a free action, your hero may now increase the area of effect of Psi-Null Field to a Medium Burst Template. Another free action will reduce this back to it's base level. 
  • Vast Psionic Null Field [Weird]
    Requirements: Seasoned, Master Psionic, Extended Psionic Null Field
    Your hero may now expand to either a Medium Burst Template and/or a Large Burst Template, as a free action.
    code for sheet

[list][b]Vast Psionic Null Field[/b]: Your hero may now expand to either a Medium Burst Template and/or a Large Burst Template, as a free action.
Improved Psionic Null Field [Weird]
Requirements: Psionic Null Field, Seasoned
Increase the penalty from Psi Null Field to -2
code for sheet

[b]Improved Psionic Null Field[/b]: Increase the penalty from Psi Null Field to -2
Talisman [Wierd]
Requirements: Veteran, Arcane Background (Any but Weird Science), Smarts d8+, Repair d8+, Arcane Skill d8+, Knowledge (Arcane) d6+, Knowledge (Artisan) d6+
Making minor enchanted items is a time honored tradition of experienced magic users in the Palladium World and Rifts Earth. These minor magic items can handle nearly any situation. Once per game session, a Talisman crafter can create a minor magic item, or talisman. The talisman functions just like a Weird Science device, and uses any power available to the crafter (though this is still subject to Rank restrictions). It has half the crafter’s PPE, and once these are used up, the talisman burns out and does not recharge. The crafter must have access to some parts and a reasonable amount of time (GM’s call, but at least 1d20 minutes) to create the talisman.
  • New Skill:
    Knowledge (Artisan) (Sm):
    • The general knowledge of, and competency with, all forms of the traditional crafting arts. From making chainmail to setting and cutting gems, to working with clay to sculpt items (and making metal and ceramic forms of those sculpts). This is generally used by traditional craftsmen and artisans.
code for sheet

[b]Talisman[/b]: Once per game session, a Talisman crafter can create a minor magic item, or talisman. The talisman functions just like a Weird Science device, and uses any power available to the crafter (though this is still subject to Rank restrictions). It has half the crafter’s PPE, and once these are used up, the talisman burns out and does not recharge. The crafter must have access to some parts and a reasonable amount of time (GM’s call, but at least 1d20 minutes) to create the talisman.
Tales of the 17th SOG
"In so far as you are concerned, I am the right arm of High Command itself. You are my Fist, be ready to strike at any moment." Major Killian Gregor, 3rd SOG Battalion, CSSD, Chi-Town.
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Tales of the 17th SOG
High Command
The Savage Inquisition

Post by High Command »

Tales of the 17th SOG

Return to “Approved Edges & Hindrances”