Potential Player List
  • 1. Harris LaVode, Psychic Detective PCO
    2. KahlessNestor, Magic User
    3. Open
    4. Greywolf, concept pending
    5. Tribe of One, Cybernetic Prize Fighter
    6. Snakeyes?
    7. Pursuit?
    8. Koshenk (always get you two mixed up)
Shattered Dreams: Savage Tales of the ‘Burbs
“The lower one goes, the older and shabbier the city becomes. This is the home of City Rats, cyber-clinics, bargain stores, pawnshops, and the Black Market. The lowest levels look almost like a sewer and are as corrupt and dangerous as the ‘Burbs. This is a place of shattered dreams.” Erin Tarn, Our Changing World

The fortress city of Chi-Town is a bastion of humanity, capital of the mighty Coalition States. Humanity’s safest and most secure city. People sacrifice their lives so their families can be embraced by its walls. People eke out a life in the ‘Burbs just to earn a spot on a waiting list. People hold the city as a sign of hope and survival.

However, all is not rosy in the fortress city. For most CS citizens, those who live in levels 8 to 22, life in the super-city is exactly as promised. Clean and safe with all the amenities and protections the Coalition can afford. As one descends below these mid-levels the quality of life begins to degrade rapidly. These LLs (low-levels) are barely better off then the ‘Burbs, in fact some Old Town ‘Burbs are safer and more amenable.

The lowest of these levels is Level 4, the place where CS society intersects with the harsh reality of Rifts Earth. This is Level Four, home of shattered dreams.
  • Street Cred (Credit: Interface Zero 2.0)
    A character starts with a Street Cred of 2, and this increases by 2 each new Rank the character obtains, modified by Edges and Hindrances. This is the character’s maximum Street Cred and represents the limits of his influence on the streets. Over the course of the character’s life, this value will fluctuate as he exerts his influence and his reputation grows (see below), but it may never be lower than zero or greater than his unspent value.
    Details
    The character’s Street Cred is a pool of points that he may spend to obtain various favors from existing contacts or even new ones. The points a character has is equal to his current Street Cred value. In addition a character may earn Street Cred doing “good stuff”—or at least stuff that makes him look good or seem cool — up to his maximum. Think of Street Cred as sort of a ‘Currency of Reputation’: once a character spends it, it’s gone until he earns more.

At the end of a quarter the GM needs to take stock of the characters’ action and modify their Street Cred based on the things they managed to accomplish. For the most part, the characters should all get the same gains or losses, but if an individual did something exceptional, he should be awarded a little more Street Cred (or, for that matter, if someone did something totally heinous or lame, he should take the hit to his reputation).
    Contacts (Credit Daring Tales of the Sprawl)
    Once per quarter, one player may invent a Contact. An individual player may invent a new Contact for his hero only once per character Rank.

A Contact, unlike a Connection, is a unique individual who operates in a fixed location. Players who want allies with greater resources or allies who can be contacted anywhere should invest in the Connections Edge.
    Details
    The player should first seek his fellow players’ approval, since they might have ideas for a Contact they wish to use as well. He must then come up with a name, a reason the hero knows the Contact, and why the Contact is in the area. The GM has final approval and may tweak a few facts to better suit the adventure.

Usage: As individuals, Contacts are not as resourceful as the links granted via the Connections Edge. In general, they can provide small items (a few magazines for a gun, digging equipment, or simple repairs) or aid (information, or healing). What they never supply is an army of Extras—pulp adventures are all about the heroes. The player can ask his Contact for whatever he wants, but the GM makes the final decision about what is available.

In short, Contacts exist to provide a useful piece of gear or information, or to help parties who are struggling to solve clues.
    Dog Pack!
    The streets of the ‘Burbs are regularly patrolled by Coalition Dog packs on the lookout for unregistered psychics, magic users, and supernatural threats. Rolling a 1 on the arcane skill die when using arcane powers (magic, psionics, etc.) means your hero has been sniffed out by a CS Dog Pack Patrol. A team of armed dog boys lead by a psi-stalker is now on the way and will join the fray within 1d4 rounds! Using conceal arcana prior to arcane use negates the Dog Pack rule.

Theatre of the Mind
    As a lazy person already running two games this one is for my sanity. All combat will be run as theatre of the mind with no maps or tokens. Occasionally, I may draw something on a napkin and post a picture of it if things get super unclear.

Survive with Your Wits
    No Adventure Cards will be drawn for this game. Additionally, players can receive a +1 XP bonus if they do not use EP to influence dice rules during the quarter.

Character Creation
    As usual for Savage Rifts with the following limitations. All players are use the MARS Iconic Framework with only 5 starting XP. Fortune & Glory and Hero’s Journey rolls remain the same.
Recruiting is now open. Game should begin in earnest in Q1 2019.

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Shattered Dreams (Low Power Game)

Post by Venatus Vinco »

@Pursuit @KahlessNestor @Pender Lumkiss @Tribe of One
Signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Looking forward to it! Count me in dude!
Two ideas:

1) Thinking street samurai named Lightning Joe with a heart of gold and a champion of the underdogs.

2) Or my super favorite “ Old Toby” a mechanic who loves his pipe as much as working in a mechanic shop. He also has a robotic ferret animal companion. He might love explosives a bit too much.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

@Pender Lumkiss both work and sound fun to play.

VV
Signature
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

I'm thinking of a prize fighter with a few cybernetic mods, possibly in debt to some bad dudes.
GM Bennies: 7/7
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

If I am able to join, I’d play something inspired by a traditional, sticky-fingered D&D rogue: either a city rat (if human) or maybe a PCO for a psi-ghost doing her best to blend in.
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Hmm. Not sure I can handle this and Phase World on top of the 4 other games I'm in, though I would love to see how VV rolls as a GM.

@Pender Lumkiss - Heh. I had a character in a burbs game on rpol.net named "Lightning Jack", though he was a borg gunslinger.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 15/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Pursuit wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:44 pm If I am able to join, I’d play something inspired by a traditional, sticky-fingered D&D rogue: either a city rat (if human) or maybe a PCO for a psi-ghost doing her best to blend in.
Maybe a kender? Just kidding, the Splugorth eradicates them centuries ago.
Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Koshnek »

Im unfortunately sitting at 5 EPs, or I might be tempted to try getting my numbers up :p.
IZ3 GM Bennies 5/5
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Antipas »

I may have the points next quarter for a slot so may I provisionally reserve a spot? If ya fill with solid yes' feel free to drop me.

Character wise I'm thinking an ex-sec force psionic investigator PCO. Powers like mind reading, precog, clairvoyance, and maybe stun with a bit of face and investigation skills. Was wounded in line of duty and hung out to dry. Still has both friends and enemies on the force.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 6 Parry:7 Toughness: 25
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue 0/3
PPE: 24/24
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Combat Edges: Martial Artist, Tattoo Harmony, Sweep,
Bennies: 3/3
Characters Imperator (main acc), Malavish, Antipas, Drexler
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Think I can muster the 5xp for a second character.
Away from home at the moment, so I'll have a think and post up a high concept when I get chance.
Greywolf

GM - East Texas University
Player Accounts
Lysennia Moonsinger - Shaintar
Temperance - Shattered Dreams
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Antipas wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:14 am I may have the points next quarter for a slot so may I provisionally reserve a spot? If ya fill with solid yes' feel free to drop me.

Character wise I'm thinking an ex-sec force psionic investigator PCO. Powers like mind reading, precog, clairvoyance, and maybe stun with a bit of face and investigation skills. Was wounded in line of duty and hung out to dry. Still has both friends and enemies on the force.
Sounds very cool.

VV
Signature
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Hello,

Races other than human are allowed. But, as we will be inside the walls of the Fortress city, racial negatives will be very much in play. Additionally, d-bees will most likely be undocumented illegal aliens (literally!) and have trouble moving about freely.

VV
Signature
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Venatus Vinco wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:41 am Hello,

Races other than human are allowed. But, as we will be inside the walls of the Fortress city, racial negatives will be very much in play. Additionally, d-bees will most likely be undocumented illegal aliens (literally!) and have trouble moving about freely.

VV
Makes sense. That’s why I was thinking either human or psi-ghost (pretty much indistinguishable from humans... as long as they have conceal arcana up).
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 3/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

I want in this one so bad. I doubt I'll be able to swing it. That's a severe bummer.
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 2/8
Wild Card Bennies:
Devak: 0/2
Varig: 0/2
Cole: 0/2
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: 3
Kraig: 3
Vedder: 3
Shade: 3
Fletch: 3
Findriel: 0
Niels: 4
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Psychics may want to consider this hindrance from the CS game:
Registered Psychic [Minor]: Being a registered psychic in the CS is a big deal and makes you a second class citizen. While common among Psychic Soldiers, thousands of minor psychics without anything more than a touch of psychic power are also registered. If you do not have Arcane Background: Psionics, then one of your edges should have a psychic trapping to it. Empathic, Fast Healer, Danger Sense, and Alertness are all excellent candidates.
Signature
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Damn it. Just lost my post of ideas. ☹

Ok here is the gist of what I wrote. Will flesh out if necessary.

High concepts I've been toying with are. . .
  • Ex-military pilot/driver/rigger. Now working as a driver for hire. Transporting people, goods, contraband, or offering fire support and extraction services to covert ops. (probably based on the operator package)
  • Fixer/Scrounger. Man who knows people and where to get things. Strong people skills, negotiation, and streetwise (probably based on the Vagabond or Personal Choice packages)
  • Former emergency extraction paramedic. Now offering medical backup for hire, no questions asked. As well as medicine, skilled in drug synthesis and enough combat experience not to panic under fire (based on the body fixer package).
Those are my suggestions, but I'm happy to fill whatever niche the group has a need for I'm sure I can run up something appropriate. :)
Greywolf

Player Accounts
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Some ideas I'm toying with:

1. A kind of Breaking Bad guy, using the Rogue Scholar package, some kind of disgraced former scientist or something using his knowledge running a drug lab or something, maybe McGyver edge, Weird Scientist trapped as supertech?

2. Hacker - city rat or PCO. Maybe get Telemechanics (though that would be a long way off, likely)

3. Private Investigator - focus on Investigation, Streetwise, Tracking, Computers. Possibly use Psi-Operator and get Clairvoyance and Divination.

4. Street-level superhero - use Vagabond probably. Maybe use AB: Superpowers, or Psionics

5. Magic User - take advantage of that Dog Pack setting rule! This is the one I am leaning toward. Could be combined with the superhero idea.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Tribe of One wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:15 pm I'm thinking of a prize fighter with a few cybernetic mods, possibly in debt to some bad dudes.
Sounds like a good tough guy to have in your corner.

VV
Signature
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

KahlessNestor...I like all your concepts. We do have an ex-cop/investogator type and an Operator in the works so that might cover a few of your concepts.

VV
Signature
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

@Greywolf all those sound good.

VV
Signature
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

@Venatus Vinco
A couple of questions about gear:
  • Patron Items, yea or nay? (I'm fine with avoiding, honestly)
  • Sig Items, yea or nay? (Same)
  • I rolled up A Mighty Weapon for one of my F&G rolls. Is it kosher to retrap a Thunderer Combat Hammer as a Combat Vambrace (a la Juicer Uprising)? Mechanics all stay the same, just looks like a big power-fist that blasts people with Big Bore rounds when I punch 'em.
    • Related to the vambrace/combat hammer: Since I'm going with a 17k hammer, instead of say, a $13M Battle Fury Blade, would it be fair to include a minor mod or two, like with the F&G result for body armor? I was thinking a +1 Parry and +1 Fighting.
  • Can we swap/sell/upgrade our stock gear, or should we stick with what comes in the package?
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

I realized I should ask here instead of via hangouts so:

Hero's Journey "roll and pick" or "pick and roll" (ir: Do we need to pick which tables we are rolling on first before rolling)?

Also, is this intended to be a short-run game or will this be an ongoing campaign with no currently-forseen end?
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 15/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Venatus Vinco wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:22 pm KahlessNestor...I like all your concepts. We do have an ex-cop/investogator type and an Operator in the works so that might cover a few of your concepts.

VV
I think I've narrowed it down to the Rogue Scholar Weird Scientist and the Magic User Vanguard Scion. Any preferences?
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Tribe of One wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:52 pm @Venatus Vinco
A couple of questions about gear:

[*]Patron Items, yea or nay? (I'm fine with avoiding, honestly)
Ok.
[*]Sig Items, yea or nay? (Same)
Yes. But perhaps I can bribe you not to?
[*]I rolled up A Mighty Weapon for one of my F&G rolls. Is it kosher to retrap a Thunderer Combat Hammer as a Combat Vambrace (a la Juicer Uprising)? Mechanics all stay the same, just looks like a big power-fist that blasts people with Big Bore rounds when I punch 'em.
No problem
[*]Related to the vambrace/combat hammer: Since I'm going with a 17k hammer, instead of say, a $13M Battle Fury Blade, would it be fair to include a minor mod or two, like with the F&G result for body armor? I was thinking a +1 Parry and +1 Fighting.
Can I bribe you with this instead of a sig item for no EP cost?
[*]Can we swap/sell/upgrade our stock gear, or should we stick with what comes in the package?
Yes.

VV
Signature
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

@KahlessNestor

I like both ideas. I hope someone plays a magic user of some sort, so both of those work.

VV
Signature
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

@Heracles

Roll and pick.

The game has no planned end. I am hoping we can pass off things to @John Smith at some point, but he may want to start his own game once he's ready to fly on his own.

VV
Signature
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Venatus Vinco wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:24 am @KahlessNestor

I like both ideas. I hope someone plays a magic user of some sort, so both of those work.

VV
Well, I was hoping to trap the Weird Science of the Rogue Scholar as Supertech rather than magic. But I can definitely do the magic user. Kind of one of the reasons he was on the list :)
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Updated OP with list of interested players, did I miss anyone?
1. Harris LaVode, Psychic Detective PCO
2. KahlessNestor, Magic User
3. Pender Lumkiss Old Toby, Cyber Mechanic, pilot, basic face.
4. Greywolf, concept pending
5. Tribe of One, Cybernetic Prize Fighter
6. Snakeyes?
7. Pursuit? - Heracles
8. Koshenk
Signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Looks like HC is doing a psi-null
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Toby became a cyber mechanic and pilot. With some face skills.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Venatus Vinco wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:22 amCan I bribe you with this instead of a sig item for no EP cost?
No bribe necessary (although I'll take the mods on the 'Mighty Weapon') -- I was more or less suggesting that Patron Items and Signature Items not be used, since it's low-powered. I plan on using EP for a couple of Cybernetics table rolls (to 2-for-1 actually), but that's it.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Tribe of One wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:18 am
Venatus Vinco wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:22 amCan I bribe you with this instead of a sig item for no EP cost?
No bribe necessary (although I'll take the mods on the 'Mighty Weapon') -- I was more or less suggesting that Patron Items and Signature Items not be used, since it's low-powered. I plan on using EP for a couple of Cybernetics table rolls (to 2-for-1 actually), but that's it.
I would be down for no sig or patron.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Would be hard to explain how you got a sig or patron item, so I'm cool with no on those. Though I wouldn't mind the duster for concealing things like a draining blade.

Can we get an idea on what is "street legal" on Level 4? What kind of armor? Weapons?

Also, do we start with a Contact for this quarter?
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

@Tribe of One @Pender Lumkiss
Sig items: If all players agree I am more than happy to restrict

Patron Items: Maybe just keep them lower end? Like the Duster and shot gun work okay but the portable boom gun, not so much.

@KahlessNestor why would a law abiding citizen need to carry a weapon or wear armor inside the safe confines of the mighty fortress city.

I imagine very little is "legal" but in the lower levels people probably have a little less scrutiny because no one in authority cares about them. So, take what you want but just be ready to deal with explaining it if you get random searched by the ISS.

VV
Signature
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Venatus Vinco wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:59 pm @Tribe of One @Pender Lumkiss
Sig items: If all players agree I am more than happy to restrict

Patron Items: Maybe just keep them lower end? Like the Duster and shot gun work okay but the portable boom gun, not so much.

@KahlessNestor why would a law abiding citizen need to carry a weapon or wear armor inside the safe confines of the mighty fortress city.

I imagine very little is "legal" but in the lower levels people probably have a little less scrutiny because no one in authority cares about them. So, take what you want but just be ready to deal with explaining it if you get random searched by the ISS.

VV
Cool That's why I'm taking street legal Ride armor and easily concealable items. And the Patreon duster.
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Don't really want to tread on the toes of our existing driver @Pender Lumkiss, so I'm thinking I should back away from the driver/rigger concept I'd been working on.

Busy tomorrow, got a R-L game to GM, so it'll probably be Thursday before I firm up my concept unless I'm home early tomorrow.
Greywolf

Player Accounts
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Zeke Walker, AKA Vangaurd, is ready for review: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3218
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Alright,

Made a "Shattered Dreams" Hangout cause there was a lot of chat on this in the main thread:
https://hangouts.google.com/group/KhN7khRx4TFPz1Z32

@KahlessNestor @Antipas and @Pender Lumkiss I moved our character sheets to the Shattered Dreams Forum. Antipas create your Harris user account and I'll add you to the group to post.

VV
Signature
Seswarick
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Seswarick »

Can I do that if I don't have the points for the character slot yet? (This is Antipas' main)
Active Effects:
  • Time Twister belt:(when activated) -2 to ranged attacks against wearer, +2 to wearers parry, 4x pace
    Stormheart: +4 to armor of Electric Aura power, +2 die type to vigor, and gain Dodge edge when active. Cost 2 ISP/hr
Exalted deflection -6 to be hit
[/list]
Seswarick
Seswarick
Pace: 4/12 flying, 16/48 w belt; Parry: 5/7 w belt Toughness: 5 regular 11(6) w aura 17(10) w aura & Stormheart
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities:
    Elan: When you spend a Benny on a Trait roll (including Soak rolls), add +2 to the final total.
    Time Twister belt:(when activated) -2 to ranged attacks against wearer, +2 to wearers parry, 4x pace
    Stormheart: +4 to armor of Electric Aura power, +2 die type to vigor, and gain Dodge edge when active. Cost 2 ISP/hr
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 11/40
Bennies: 0/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
    10 Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Edit Signature

Characters Seswarick (Main Acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Madok The Restless
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Seswarick wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:07 pm Can I do that if I don't have the points for the character slot yet? (This is Antipas' main)
Oh, right. how short are you?

VV
Signature
Seswarick
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Seswarick »

I have 1 EP as of now and 1 pending from the quarter. With the three games I'm in I should have the EP next quarter. Also I owe Rob 3.
Active Effects:
  • Time Twister belt:(when activated) -2 to ranged attacks against wearer, +2 to wearers parry, 4x pace
[/list]
Seswarick
Seswarick
Pace: 4/12 flying, 16/48 w belt; Parry: 5/7 w belt Toughness: 5 regular 11(6) w aura 17(10) w aura & Stormheart
  • List of Abilities:
    Elan: When you spend a Benny on a Trait roll (including Soak rolls), add +2 to the final total.
    Time Twister belt:(when activated) -2 to ranged attacks against wearer, +2 to wearers parry, 4x pace
Adventure Cards
    10 Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Edit Signature

Characters Seswarick (Main Acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Madok The Restless
John Smith

Post by John Smith »

I've got 10 spare EP I dont plant to use this quarter. How much do you need?
Seswarick
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Seswarick »

John Smith wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:40 pm I've got 10 spare EP I dont plant to use this quarter. How much do you need?
Unless you're wanting to get started this quarter, I can wait. If you want to get rolling soon, I'd need 9 EP.
Active Effects:
[/list]
Seswarick
Seswarick
  • List of Abilities:
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Greywolf wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:33 pm Don't really want to tread on the toes of our existing driver @Pender Lumkiss, so I'm thinking I should back away from the driver/rigger concept I'd been working on.

Busy tomorrow, got a R-L game to GM, so it'll probably be Thursday before I firm up my concept unless I'm home early tomorrow.
Feel free to jump in with a wheel man. I am not playing in this game anymore.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:45 am
Greywolf wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:33 pm Don't really want to tread on the toes of our existing driver @Pender Lumkiss, so I'm thinking I should back away from the driver/rigger concept I'd been working on.

Feel free to jump in with a wheel man. I am not playing in this game anymore.
My mind has changed after I had a long think about the game over a glass of really bad wine. Sorry for any trouble :D
Definately not going to go wheel man though. Oh man I totally had a cool dream about a sleezy mind melter wanna bee. By day a pawn shop owner, by night just a sleezball. Harry... Just Harry. Let me know if that could work in Shattered Dreams and I’ll roll him up.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Pender,

As mentioned on Hangouts, we have a new player to the site who expressed interest in the opening from your original withdrawal.

I would like to give preference to the newcomer in this case.

VV
Signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Venatus Vinco wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:29 am Pender,

As mentioned on Hangouts, we have a new player to the site who expressed interest in the opening from your original withdrawal.

I would like to give preference to the newcomer in this case.

VV
Understood. I’ll keep an eye out for anyone else leaving the game. Its sounds super fun.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

OK, all done. Meet Abigail "Temperance" Williams, fixer and medic.

I did have a solid rigger/wheelman/pilot idea in my head, but the Heroes Journey and Fortune and Glory Roles were pushing me toward Fixer, so I rolled with it and combined my other two potential characters. :)
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

what is the latest on body count? all slots filled?
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Sgt 86Delta wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:05 pm what is the latest on body count? all slots filled?
Actually, Derrick just left so we may have a space.

@John Smith is GMing the current scenario. See how he feels.

VV
Signature
John Smith

Post by John Smith »

Absolutely. We've only just started a scenario so it wouldn't be terribly difficult to work in a new character.

Where would I find the character you've started?
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

I will post the link to the character once I have it started in the Recruitment Forum.

Technomancer Fence - Psychic Information Broker
stormwell
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by stormwell »

Already spoken to Venatus, but figured I'd officially register my interest (if there is space).

Did start on a character for the Vauxhall Knights game, but might be a better fit for this.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3575
John Smith

Post by John Smith »

Sgt 86Delta wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:38 pm I will post the link to the character once I have it started in the Recruitment Forum.
Haha oops. Got you mixed with Stormwell who sent us a PM and mentioned a character he had started

Return to “Archived Recruits”