Tomorrow Legion's: Lowest Legion ( Field Team Six)

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Tomorrow Legion's: Lowest Legion ( Field Team Six)

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Big Damn Hero... That has never been how you have been described. You might have a heroic streak or want to be a bad ass but you have always been on the sidelines watching the greats go out into the field. Libertas of the 13th, Ashlyn of the vampire hunters, Antipas of the 77th to name a few. Heck even the vaunted 1st has a legendary baby dragon... How could you compare, you certainly have never had their kinds of heroic journeys right? You watched them go out perhaps with some small measure of relief that nobody was counting on you to save the day. Or maybe it was secret jealousy... At the end of the day you were never really chosen for much more than maintenance, repair, and the general security of Castle Refuge.

Well on a Wednesday in December of 109 PA all that changed. Captain Pender Lumpkiss, a bumbling decorated captain about three times over (purely by accident), with a keen eye for picking personal that could make a difference contacted you for special assignment.

His communique read as follows: Uhh Hi there... Um yes, well I need to put together a team, and I noticed you never go out on any field work. Field Team Six to be exactly. We were contacted by a few farms to the east. Some odd D-bee sightings really. I have the honor to select six members to go out and assist the farms and report in on these D-bees. If interested please report to briefing room 1C.

Simpler words could not have understated the ensuing adventure for those that dare.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Tomorrow Legion's: Lower Legion

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Hangouts
GM Thoughts and Perspective House Rules:

I wanted to run a group of Novice SSR (swade savage rifts) characters (if Mars you would start seasoned) just starting their adventure in this crazy world... They might be heroes to someone but have been over looked and passed up on by the legion so far in terms of making a meaningful contribution. End of the adventure they will be big damn heroes ready for more.

Books and IFs:
All SR books and IFs are available (Dragons and RA I would really appreciate a pass on them) . Just keep in mind you go dragon and RA, eventually the bad guys will respond in kind. There will for sure be moments, possibly even quads where you will not be able to take advantage of your strengths. I'll try my best to find moments to let you shine though.

Edges: Stick to SR books and SWADE please.
  • Rich edge... I would prefer not using it at character creation for the uber weapon or vehicle options. If you got to have it keep in mind someone will be coming for it.
Sidekicks... Don't be surprised if they are a hindrance.
  • F and G rolled sidekicks follow the directions listed in that roll to make them.
  • Sidekicks taken through born a hero or at legenday are going to be swade characters without an IF. With 1 HJ roll. All setting rules for SR apply to them. Sidekicks taken in this manner qualify for the Rifter 9 1/2 custom edge (to give them half a chance surviving).
    • The Rifter 9 1/2:
      Requirements: novice only, character creation only.
      Your hero has seen more than most and has lived to tell the tale. From Pecos Raiders, to a jaunt to dino swamp, maybe even a trip south into the vampire kingdoms. Your guy or gal has been around. But they also have made some powerful enemies and fate has not always been their friend. Roll a d16 as a result of some of the unfortunate events that have plagued the hero.
Rolls: I love the randomness of the roll, but I get that sometimes the roll gained just does not fit anywhere. You get the rolls your IF gives you. So here is what I got cooking for you:
  • FandG rolls:
    Looks like there is going to be a new 20 choice table. Feel free to roll on it, or if you want customize your own d12 table using 12 options from the 20 presented that will work as well.
  • HJ Rolls:
    Choose table, then roll. But I will give players the option to customize a HJ table out of 12-15 options listed from the tables they are allowed to choose their first roll from. MARS can just make a custom table from any of the HJ tables. Please work with the GM on the spread.
EP (restricted for the 1st few sessions): EP to purchase a benny is fine. Make it a couple quads and you can get your sig items and roll to your hearts content on gear tables, or undo crit failures, etc. I really want to capture the feeling of novice heroes with little going out and doing big things. If you got a sig item in mind, float it to me, or if an EP item is critical to your concept let me know and I'll find a way to get into the game in a worthwhile meaningful way.

Number of Players: Six Please. I know it is two less than the normal 8, but I love delving into personal arcs and putting things into the world that mean a great deal to your characters. It is easier to do that with six than eight. If more than six folks want to play I'll just choose based on concept or... Open up that seventh slot... Sigh.

Positions Available:
1. Rob/RFT-Robot dragon homonculis
2. Imperator -Psi Slinger?
3. Nathan/Sgt-JANE DOE - Altaran Juicer
4. Koshneck-psi operator (possibly ghosted)
5. Lucinda Borland-Healer
6. Ian- CK jedi( possibly ghosted)
7. Stoic, Keith Zappe
8. Soren-

When does this start? Jan 1st. The new SR books should be out by then. My current games, the 13th, 77th, and vampires will have ended by then. There maybe some Murderthon action possibly while you wait, or some RP scenarios...

Advances: I would love some feedback on this. Rules seem to say after every session. But I wanted check in to see if that might be too fast in a PBP environment. We could do every two quads or at the end of an adventure if that made sense.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Tomorrow Legion's: Lowest Legion ( Field Team Six)

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

3 of 6 slots filled.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Koshnek »

If you have room for me I’d like to stick around w VK closing. I was thinking about building a Psi-Operator like Brooks. It was a lot of fun and I think a decent fit for a mars campaign.
IZ3 GM Bennies 5/5
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Koshnek wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:16 am If you have room for me I’d like to stick around w VK closing. I was thinking about building a Psi-Operator like Brooks. It was a lot of fun and I think a decent fit for a mars campaign.
Sure man. But any IF is available.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Koshnek »

It seemed like a hot headed mechanic wanting to ride free being stuck in the shop would jump at the chance to ride out for FT 6 :D. I’ll see what other folks put out. If it’s mostly mars / Lower powered IFs I’ll stick w Psi-Op. If it ends up being big hitters maybe I’ll bring an EF or Momano.
IZ3 GM Bennies 5/5
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Looking at an Altaran Juicer.

Would still love to see "Building a Juicer: The First Squeeze".
Sarge's Roles _

GM of a Vauxhall Knights Campaign

Player Characters - Savage Rifts Groups
  • Architect, Chaing-Ku - Vampire Hunters
  • Silverclaws, Wolfen MARS Techno-Warrior - 18th COT
  • Xero X Kalvin, Psi-Stalker Chiller (Burster Variant) - 12th AAT
  • Doc Olliday, D'Norr Cyber Doc/Weird Scientist - 24th COT
  • Luke, In'Valian MARS Rogue Scholar/Super Scientist - 77th CIT
  • Asher Black, Human Information Broker - Level 4: Shattered Dreams
  • Ozzati, Trimadore Techno-Wizard - 7th SET
  • White Castle, Human MARS Rogue Scholar/Legacy Scout - The 32nd
Player Characters - Savage Dimensions
[*]
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Sgt 86Delta wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:04 am Looking at an Altaran Juicer.

Sweet man! Any treatments.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:19 am

More interested in the ground up process from wanna-bee juicer to actually getting the bio-comp installed, etc.

MARS has the option of build your own borg. Why can't we get build your own juicer?
Sarge's Roles _

[*]
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:59 am Advances: I would love some feedback on this. Rules seem to say after every session. But I wanted check in to see if that might be too fast in a PBP environment. We could do every two quads or at the end of an adventure if that made sense.
My two credits:

Advances awarded at the end of an adventure arc.
End of Quarter - Interlude w/ HJ roll or unique item
Sarge's Roles _

[*]
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Lol... Hey man you want to just play a swade hero before savage rifts gets piled on I am down. We can juice him in the 2nd or 3rd quad if you survive.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Sgt 86Delta wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:00 pm
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:59 am Advances: I would love some feedback on this. Rules seem to say after every session. But I wanted check in to see if that might be too fast in a PBP environment. We could do every two quads or at the end of an adventure if that made sense.
My two credits:

I like it. Might toss in benny too... I’ll give it some thought.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:02 pm
Sgt 86Delta wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:00 pm
My two credits:

I like it. Might toss in benny too... I’ll give it some thought.
Forgot about the Bennies. These are great starts.
Sarge's Roles _

[*]
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:01 pm Lol... Hey man you want to just play a swade hero before savage rifts gets piled on I am down. We can juice him in the 2nd or 3rd quad if you survive.
I will work on the Build Your Own Juicer separate from this game.

Jane Doe will be ready for January 1st for sure
Sarge's Roles _

[*]
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

For the Nightbane game I award benny resets and advancements during downtime at the end of adventure arcs.

So for example we are in a battle now, so the bennies will not reset in the middle of a battle.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

I am really Pumped for this game and have multiple ideas

Forty-Two = Imagine a very old dragon prefers inventing things instead of fighting. So he creates dozens of little miniature versions of himself. Tiny little guys with a fragment of his essence. Now these little guys are designed to help and serve. But their master finally dies. This leaves the little guys with nothing to do for however looking it was, until finally the youngest of their number has had enough and goes out to explore. Well he finds some legion people and ends up going back to refuge. Once there he tries desperately to get on a team for over a year until he hears the call!

Cameron Hodge = A battle wizard and summoner who is often mistaken for evil. When really he just wants to help people. Unfortunately his big brother was a renowned villain and because of that everyone over looks Cameron. Expecting him to be some big evil, when really he is a good guy, trying to help people out.

Fred = Speaking in the third person about himself. "Fast, you think your fast? Well Fred is a juicer, yeah he was fast before. But now that he has had the treatment he is the biggest hero there is. There may be mages who can keep up with some of Fred's tricks, but only when they concentrate real hard and hope not to die. My stuff is unstoppable, I can toss grown men, run for days and wrestle dragons."
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

RFT wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:19 pm I am really Pumped for this game and have multiple ideas

Forty-Two = Imagine a very old dragon prefers inventing things instead of fighting. So he creates dozens of little miniature versions of himself. Tiny little guys with a fragment of his essence. Now these little guys are designed to help and serve. But their master finally dies. This leaves the little guys with nothing to do for however looking it was, until finally the youngest of their number has had enough and goes out to explore. Well he finds some legion people and ends up going back to refuge. Once there he tries desperately to get on a team for over a year until he hears the call!

Cameron Hodge = A battle wizard and summoner who is often mistaken for evil. When really he just wants to help people. Unfortunately his big brother was a renowned villain and because of that everyone over looks Cameron. Expecting him to be some big evil, when really he is a good guy, trying to help people out.

Fred = Speaking in the third person about himself. "Fast, you think your fast? Well Fred is a juicer, yeah he was fast before. But now that he has had the treatment he is the biggest hero there is. There may be mages who can keep up with some of Fred's tricks, but only when they concentrate real hard and hope not to die. My stuff is unstoppable, I can toss grown men, run for days and wrestle dragons."
All three sound sweet.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

As for the Advancements, one per quarter is about what we get under the current rules. If you make your posting requirements, I've never had a quarter go buy that I didn't get an advance. So it comes out about the same.

I might have some ideas kicking around.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

KahlessNestor wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:38 am As for the Advancements, one per quarter is about what we get under the current rules. If you make your posting requirements, I've never had a quarter go buy that I didn't get an advance. So it comes out about the same.

I might have some ideas kicking around.
Cool thanks for the advice on advancing. I am currently waiting to here back from a few new players. I would like to reserve the last two spots for them(one of my games is the only one they got going), but if they pass I would love to have you part of it. Running a game with out @KahlessNestor would be weird.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Cassiopeia

Post by Cassiopeia »

I'm in.

Lucinda "LuLu" Borland is a surgical assistant in the Castle Refuge infirmary. She grew up on a farm in some podunk town no ones ever heard of. A retired hero recognized her healing talent and recommended her to receive training. But her bucolic upbringing didn't prepare her for this big busy institution. She keeps her head down, sends most of her paycheck home to her parents and spends her downtime reading heroic novels in her barren quarters. She's thinking of adopting a cat.
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Intel Operative

Pace: 6"; Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (5)

Bennies 2/3
3 bennies refill at 4/1/22
PP 6/20 PPE 7/7 Rifle ammo 44/60 Ion Pistol ammo 36/36

Edit Signature
Forty-Two

Post by Forty-Two »

Forty-Two ready to help out!
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Forty-Two wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:07 pm Forty-Two ready to help out!
Hey 42, welcome to the site. Will this be your first character?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Forty-Two

Post by Forty-Two »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:26 pm
I think it will be my 12th. Hard to keep track, some where murdered, others retired.
;)
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Forty-Two wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:29 pm
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:26 pm
I think it will be my 12th. Had to keep track, some where murdered, others retired.
;)
Hehe.
Sarge's Roles _

[*]
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

6 of 6 slots full. Game will start Jan 1st, or when Pender’s current games end. Check the roster above (2nd GM post)
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Imperator

Post by Imperator »

Going with a psi-slinger.
GM bennies

Characters Imperator (GM account)Action Stan, Antipas, Xiang,
Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:19 am

Hyperion Treatment

will try and get Freshly Juiced & Burn Brighter

Free Runner & Gymnastic Mastery.
Sarge's Roles _

[*]
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Nice Sgt.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Jeff Milton

Post by Jeff Milton »

Are there any openings left?
looks like the stoic/vagabond slot is open?
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Jeff Milton wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:05 pm Are there any openings left?
looks like the stoic/vagabond slot is open?
Hey Jeff! Stoic is a player, and seven really is my limit on the game. However pop over to my dragon balls savage rifts adventure. That game currently only has three players. While it is a higher power level, it should be just as fun.

https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4480
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

Return to “Archived Recruits”