Savage Realms - 4 Seats

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Savage Realms - 4 Seats

Post by Technospawn »

The cold bite deep into Jaren’s bones. The damn sun was not even up yet, and the day was going to be a bitter one. Jaren hated being away from the warm fire and the smell of baking bread that he normally woke up to. The harvest had been slim last year and game was scarce. Father and a couple other men had come out hoping for an early spring hunt. Anything to stop the rumblings in the youngling’s bellies. But winter had other plans and did not want to release her hold on the land. They had been out here 5 days and still no game. This was not looking good.

Jaren added some twigs to the coals and tried to coax the fire back to life. Stopping frequently to blow on his fingers as the feeling slowly and painfully left his freezing digits. The howling wind so loud he never heard the soft footsteps approaching. Master William was sitting up and rubbing the sleep from his eyes when an arrow sprouted from his neck. “That is weird” Jaren thought “why is there an arrow in his chest?'' Realization slammed home and Jaren tried to scream but his throat betrayed him, and no sound would come out.

From out of the dark forest several dark shapes ran forward with large wicked swords and laid into the sleeping hunters. Only Jaren’s father survived the first assault. Haret was waking when he heard the rush of bodies and threw himself awake. His time in the army of Nesme coming back to him in rush, he jumped to his feet. Grabbing up his long knife he placed himself between the orcs and his boy. He knew this was no meager raiding party. This was a patrol and that meant a war band was close. Turning to his boy he yelled “run Jaren, run. Tell the council that war is coming.”

Jaren was frozen in place and could not move.

“Damnit boy move now.”

Jaren finally unfroze and took off running as fast as he could. It felt like his heart was going to explode. He ran forever. He limbs long past numb, he finally collapsed in exhaustion.

Savage Realms.

War has come to the Silver Marches. Who will answer the call? Who will fight off the massing hordes of Many Arrows. Soldiers, heroes, and mercenaries all have been called. The High Lady of Silverymoon has sent a call far and wide. She needs a group of brave adventures that will tip the balance of the war. The party will help locate lost magics and powerful artifacts. Hopeful it will be in time to turn the tide of war for the orcs and their allies are vast.

The following setting rules will be used for Savage Realms.
Genre: High Fantasy
Setting: SWADE Pathfinder in Forgotten Realms
Number of Players: 8 VV has asked that I reserve 4 slots for new players so if a veteran wants to play and they bring a new player they will be guaranteed a spot. Release of the new player holds will be on May 3rd.
  1. Open
  2. Open
  3. Open
  4. Ty'rien - Elven Archer
  5. Rob - Sorcerer
  6. Open
  7. Kahless - Cleric
  8. Stormwell - Assassin

Critical Failures (retrapped Dynamic Backlash)
When a critical failure in combat roll 2d6 and compare to the following table:
  • 2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong.
  • 3 Backfire: the player hits the worst possible target with a raise.
  • 4-5 Failure: the player loses all actions including movement for the turn and is distracted till the end of their next turn.
  • 6-8 Stunned: the player is stunned.
  • 9-10 Overload: the player hits themselves for 2d6 damage.
  • 11 Fatigue: players suffers 1 point of fatigue
  • 12 Fickle Fate: the player succeeds on his original roll with a raise.

Background Hook (rolling on this table is mandatory, roll 2x)
  1. My sibling lost our family fortune in a game of cards. Now I must make enough money to keep my family from losing the farm, estate, or other major holding.
  2. I was conscripted in the army and have just finished my duty. WIth nowhere to go and limited funds, I am hitting the open road to earn my fortune.
  3. I am the 3rd born of a noble house and I am leaving before my siblings view me as a threat.
  4. My friend (someone else in the party) needs help and I am here for them.
  5. My sibling / friend (someone else in the party) is lost without me and I need to be here to save them.
  6. I am wanted by powerful people and it is time for me to leave town for a while.
  7. I have sworn an oath to serve a lord / church / guild.
  8. I am the greatest swordsman / tracker / wizard / other skill to ever live. I had to leave home because challengers were disrupting our town.
  9. I was brought here against my will, now that I am free, I need purpose.
  10. I am lost.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Savage Realms - 4 Seats

Post by Technospawn »

Bump
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2

Return to “Old”