Lost Jungle Reboot

We have a lot of players that want in on Lost Jungle so the question is should I

Poll ended at Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:36 pm

Keep the limit at 10 and sucks to be the new guy
11%
Open it to 16 players and run 2 squads of Tomorrow Legion
22%
Open it to 24 playes. 8 person teams from the CS, Legion, and FoM that are racing to get the artifact before the others.
67%

Total votes: 9

Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Lost Jungle Reboot

Post by Technospawn »

Please vote what we should do with the reboot. We have a lot of players that want in.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Re: Lost Jungle Reboot

Post by Vela »

I voted 10. It may sound heartless, but I have real concerns about GM burnout trying to run 2 simultaneous games. It seems like it rarely works out. If you really think you can...and really want to...do it, then I won't complain or anything.

It's just...even TEN people is a LOT for an RPG. You might think running 16 people in 2 teams will be easier, but I'm not so sure.
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Vela wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:40 pm I voted 10. It may sound heartless, but I have real concerns about GM burnout trying to run 2 simultaneous games. It seems like it rarely works out. If you really think you can...and really want to...do it, then I won't complain or anything.

It's just...even TEN people is a LOT for an RPG. You might think running 16 people in 2 teams will be easier, but I'm not so sure.
I will have 1 or 2 AGMs to help.
GM Stuff
Initiative

I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Pursuit
Game Master

Post by Pursuit »

Good heavens. Those are intimidating options. What’s your capacity for actually doing this?
Curse of the Crimson Throne GM Bennies: 6/6

Lost Colony GM Bennies: 7/6

Dark Frontier GM Bennies: 6/6
Imperator

Post by Imperator »

With my joining the restarted Black Company I'm good with dropping to let a new player into this.
GM bennies

Characters Imperator (GM account)Action Stan, Antipas, Xiang,
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

I do not care what you do. I think you were doing really good at running three games before so if you feel you could handle a fourth I trust you.

I think the advantage of a large game on PBP is when players are not posting you can still move the game on after 2 weeks because you will have enough players.

I would say when setting dramatic tasks just set the difficulty as X tokens per player and then only count the active players.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

PS: If it goes into 3 games I would totally want to jump in one of the other games. Maybe with the character I already had in Dan's CS game that ended in Antarctica or in the FOM game with another attempt to get Gill in action hoping a game will make it.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Tiny Tim

Post by Tiny Tim »

Imperator wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:04 pm With my joining the restarted Black Company I'm good with dropping to let a new player into this.
I was thinking the same thing... and partially joined to PC alongside Lars
Ndreare wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:40 pm PS: If it goes into 3 games I would totally want to jump in one of the other games. Maybe with the character I already had in Dan's CS game that ended in Antarctica or in the FOM game with another attempt to get Gill in action hoping a game will make it.
I could bring back Klanker, my Size +2 Combat Borg...
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 40/40
PPE: 10/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 34 (18) in Dragon Form, 20 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 3/3
  • Base Amount
    -2 due Rerolls on Out of Control from
    -1 to Reroll Stealth from Onward and Westward first Dangerous Quick Encounter
    +1 Bennie due EP, Spent for 5 ISP against Dark Fairy Zombies.
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Pursuit wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:56 pm Good heavens. Those are intimidating options. What’s your capacity for actually doing this?
Any boy can piss on the floor, but a real man can crap on the ceiling.

My moto has always been if it is not damn near impossible then why bother trying. I love the challenge and would welcome the chance.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Voted for max 24 players…. I got an idea for a CS character.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:41 pm Voted for max 24 players…. I got an idea for a CS character.

I can not commit to this yet. I gotta sleep on it. But another GM could run with it!

Welcome to the Jungle!

1st Force Recon, 1st Army Special Forces Reconnaissance Unit, Coalition States Army, Chi Town.

The first army is based out of Chi Town. The unit has a brilliant history of success and awards. The 1st Force Recon team is a coveted team to become a member of, similar to being a part of the old U.S Seal Team Six.
  • Build options: Make character as per RAW with standard forum rules. Re-trapping may be allowed on a one off basis, but no 'special' characters. All characters are standard / normal CS troops from Chi Town. Unlike most of my games that have unconventional characters this truly is CS characters.
  • Advancement: Character will begin with 3 total advancements (7 if MARS). This already includes site bump and all other factors. Representing that your character has been a part of the CS for a year or two.
  • MARS F&G Roll: MARS characters may select their Fortune and Glory results, however the same option may not be selected multiple times.
  • Hero's Journey: You may roll the dice, then select from your character's allowed Hero's Journey tables to apply the die roll to.
  • You are loyal CS: troops, grunts, intel ops, special forces, psi stalkers, dog boys, wilderness scouts, EOD etc. You have been selected for a special mission in South America. Please feel free to discuss options with GM.
  • All ranks will be enlisted unless approved by GM to be an officer. If you via for officer be prepared to be team leader.
  • Special Note: Each of you has a reason you can speak Spanish. Either from your background or by CS training. This skill is free: Speak Spanish d6. So you can speak American and Spanish but not read or write either. You are illiterate! Unless you spend/buy an Edge: Literate: (Language).
  • Max 8 Players.
This game is part of Technospawn’s Lost Jungle Campaign. There may be some team vs team combat, as you all are trying to obtain the same objective. You should know that this will be, basically, a modified version of the Savage Worlds Mass battle combined with a dramatic task. Completing the task gives you tokens and represents advancement towards a goal for your team, all while fighting the other teams. Player Characters will not be killing Player Characters, however there may be battles between groups.

The CS team will assemble in Chi Town, be sent to S. America and play through their own trials and tribulations while occasionally interacting with the other two teams headed to S. America.

Ultimately there will be a showdown or some sort of epic crossover between the three teams/groups sent to obtain the artifact in S. America. Granted to get to that point the Characters will have to survive the mission deep into South America. There will be more than just Federation Mages and Legion members to deal with on the journey.

Rifts Lost Jungle: CS 1st Force Recon
GM: UNKNOWN
Between the Legion and Federation of Magic, you are being sent as CS Special Operatives to recover a ancient magic artifact before the Legion or Federation can.

What do you think?
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Since you're confident, I opted for the four teams.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

Edit
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Sgt 86Delta
Game Master

Post by Sgt 86Delta »

Freemage wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:16 pm Since you're confident, I opted for the four teams.
4 teams and the Black Market and Vampire Kingdom make up the fourth.

Hell I'll even GM the Black Market and Vampire Kingdom side.
Sarge's Roles _

GM of a Vauxhall Knights Campaign

Player Characters - Savage Rifts Groups
  • Architect, Chaing-Ku - Vampire Hunters
  • Silverclaws, Wolfen MARS Techno-Warrior - 18th COT
  • Xero X Kalvin, Psi-Stalker Chiller (Burster Variant) - 12th AAT
  • Doc Olliday, D'Norr Cyber Doc/Weird Scientist - 24th COT
  • Luke, In'Valian MARS Rogue Scholar/Super Scientist - 77th CIT
  • Asher Black, Human Information Broker - Level 4: Shattered Dreams
  • Ozzati, Trimadore Techno-Wizard - 7th SET
  • White Castle, Human MARS Rogue Scholar/Legacy Scout - The 32nd
Player Characters - Savage Dimensions
[*]
Adriana
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Adriana »

I opted for 2 with the agms in mind. I also do not want to drive GM burnout.
Adriana Da Silva
Cheatsheet
Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Athletics d8 (+2 Climb), Common Knowledge d4, Notice d4 (+2 If Cat/Man Monster Form), Persuasion d4, Stealth d6, Spellcasting d8, Psionics d6, Fighting d10 (+2), Intimidation d4, Survival d4, Shooting d4, Occult d4, Language d4 American (Native: Spanguese)

PPE 20/20- (10 from Werecat 5 from gem, 5 from advance)
ISP 20/20 - (10 from Werecat 10 from gem)
Bennie's 3/3

Wounds 0/3

Claws STR+2d12 AP 8, Bite STR+2d4 AP 8, attack x2 each claw one Wild Die to go to either.

Silver Plated Sword STR+d6 ,

Edit Sig
Vikon Athir

Post by Vikon Athir »

Honestly intrigued by the 3 way game. But if we stay at 10, I'm willing to drop for a new player. CS characters are always fun, too. Could try my mind melter from Patrick's game again.
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Vikon Athir wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:44 am Honestly intrigued by the 3 way game. But if we stay at 10, I'm willing to drop for a new player. CS characters are always fun, too. Could try my mind melter from Patrick's game again.
Yeah, I think Techno had a Cyborg he went all in on, but could not use because the game was to slow and died. Maybe he could be a player if there is a third.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades