EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post Reply
Lars
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1337
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Location: GM CS Disavowed
Contact:

EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Lars »

Image

East Gloom - The Lake, Falls and Fishing area.

Lars
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1337
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Location: GM CS Disavowed
Contact:

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Lars »


The following takes place after the battle with the Hammers in the Ashlands.
Loot was gathered and stored. You continue onto the meeting with the OTO.

The OTO Meeting
  • After collecting some simple loot from the previous encounter the members of the Black Company roll across the ashen waste of the Ashlands (central Gloom) and arrive in the western portion of the city. By contrast the western portion of Gloom is a veritable wonderland of greenery and fresh water; one almost forgets the hazy over cast sky above with little to no sunlight. A few streaks of actual sunlight do penetrate the gloom. The most noticeable aspect of the area when approaching it is the large blue lake. Out on the lake are several fishing boats.

    Ailbhe mentions that the reason Giest does not touch this part of Gloom, as in simply bomb it magically as she did the Ashlands, are the fish and foods stuff grown here. Giest needs it.

    In the center of the lake is a large black stone, with a young black dragon napping on it. As you drive around to the lake your path leads you past a large graveyard and up to a dirt road next to a big general store and dozens of tents. “Tent Town” Ailbhe says, "Fisherman and farmers."

    Parking near the shore, you can see six houses, a statue of a magus with wings and serpent feet, and a pillar like monument leading up a stone path to a large red stone cathedral. Making your way on foot with Ailbhe towards the top of the hill, if one looks at the odd statue of a man with wings and serpent feet, at the base of it reads: Order Templi Orientis (OTO).

    As you all make your way up to the OTO cathedral Ailbhe stops and curses.

    ”Shit. Is that you Crystal?”

    The Shifter (Ailbhe) jogs forward and hugs a pretty woman who is standing by the statue, a seemingly more than friends kind of hug. Next to the woman is an older man. Ailbhe introduces them to the Black Company as, Diamond Clad and Crystal Clad.

    The man named Diamond looks bone tired and lets his daughter talk. Crystal explains in a hurried and worried voice that the 13th SET infiltrated the AC building.

    ”While there they were able to best the security of the building and get files on the Black Company.” She tells you that additionally they fought a man named Viggo who was trying to kill Rene, your current employer. Viggo originally was working for Rene but apparently betrayed her.

    “Giest must have paid him well to betray Rene and join her.” Crystal explains that a large portion of the AC building, the main lobby and more were the sight of a pretty massive firefight. Diamond and Crystal were only able to escape with the help of the 13th SET. Crystal becomes concerned looking when she relays the next bit of information.

    ”Deep in the AC building is a Red Vault, which my father and I built, as an ultimate security vault.”

    The woman tells you, Rene managed to not be killed by Viggo but she was trapped in the Red Vault. There is limited air in the vault and Crystal and her father are here to talk to the OTO about a rescue attempt for Rene.

    As she tells Ailbhe and the BC about this, six red robbed men make their way down the stone path from the cathedral to the statue. The six are wearing red robes under black combat webbing belts. They look like wizard warriors with tall red pointy mask/hats.

    Diamond Clad moves to approach them and speaks with the men in red, they are out of earshot. Crystal says, ”Be careful Ailbhe…the 13th has some pretty powerful mages on their team. Libertas is an exceptional techno wizard. Bane is a masterful D’Norr wizard. They have a few new faces I don’t know, one of which is a birdman, another is a pretty woman who is a stone cold killer. Several of them are friends of mine from the past, one, Jude…lovely man, a love. I know that they are seeking out … you the Black. I fear that you might need help if you are going to fight them.”

    Pausing a moment she looks at Humble. Shakes her head at the sight of the monstrous Ogre and continues, ”They are a force that I would not want to confront. Possibly you should try to talk to them.”

    Her father calls to her then, the six OTO men in robes apparently are going to go find Rene in the Red Vault and rescue her.

    One man in red states to the BC, ”Go up to the cathedral and talk to Father Henri. He will work with you on taking Giest down. We, the OTO are all very excited for tomorrow. Your help is appreciated. Hopefully by tomorrow night Rene will be the new Mayor of Gloom and Giest a thing of the past.”

    Diamond, Crystal and the six OTO warrior wizards watch as the young black dragon that was warming himself on the stone in the middle of the lake fly’s over carrying a large metal basket. The eight enter the basket and are carried by the dragon, flown east towards the AC building.

    The stone path leading up to the cathedral is not far. Making your way up you are greeted at the massive open doors by a man wearing red robes over armor who introduces himself.

    ”I am Father Henri Odell, Historian and Destroyer of impure false knowledge's. Welcome. Come be welcome in out temple. Follow me please and we can talk in my office.”

    A short while later Humble, Ailbhe, Sammy, Alecto, Carlos, Gargamel, Thrudh and Hans find themselves in a large oval office, offered seats, at a round table at which Father Odell has a seat.

    Father Henri Odell looks to be a middle aged man used to some combat. In different clothing he could likely pull off being a CS officer in deaths head logo and deadboy armor. He could just as easily be a wizened looking high magus of the Federation of Magic. Here he is obviously an important member of the OTO. Every younger ‘priest’ that you passed on the way to the room you are all in now bowed to him as you all walked by.

    Father Henri says, ”Simply put, the OTO wants Giest gone and Rene in power. Giest is too…evil. She is employing undead police and soldiers. She does not care about those that live here, she uses them and then abuses them and eventually turns them into her undead. She does this with a mixture of spell casting and medical surgery. Her henchman woman Necromancer Scara helps. The two must go. The Ashlands was once a vast farmland and housing area. Now everyone lives in fear of Giest and her goons. The only reason the OTO is not destroyed is our proximity to the lake. However at every turn she tries to thwart us. Our recent attempts to privately help a concert and orphanage was used against us, goons dressed up as OTO ransacked the place. The OTO publicly blamed. Rene will make a far better, far saner and far fairer leader. We, the OTO, just want to preach to our flock and be left to our experiments. I pray my men and the Clad’s are able to rescue Rene in time. Yes, yes I have faith they will.”

    Father Henri takes a deep breath and continues:

    ”Rene and I spoke yesterday. She told me about you. Good allies to have. The OTO is going to join Rene and her AC employees in an attack on Giest and Scara tomorrow. One way or another, this war will be over tomorrow. Even if Rene dies the battle will be fought in the morning. I have all my warriors ready. Rene said she had an army that was going to portal in to help. As one massive group we will take out Scara in her tower and Giest in her base. I am assured by Rene that some one knows how the bypass the magical security of Giest in her base and get to the woman.”

    The High Father of the OTO stands up. He sets his pack on the table and pulls out three items. One is a rolled up paper which he unrolls. On it is a written contract. The other items are two credit sticks.

    ”I know you are not from Gloom. I know you don’t feel as we do. You are Mercenaries. I have not forgotten. Rene said she was going to give you information on how to clear your names as payment. That’s all well and fine. The OTO will hire you with money. Sign this contract as hired mercs employed by the OTO for the next 48 hours, sign on to fight Scara and Giest until they are dead. If it takes more than 48 hours to kill them both we will make a new contract and add more pay. For now…sign and this card is yours. It has 500,000 on it. Upon completion of the contract this other card is yours, it has 2,500,000 on it. Deal?”

    Father Henri holds up a pen.

    An explosion sounds outside the cathedral. Father Henri looks at a ‘priest’ in red that runs into the room.

    ”Father! Demons at the doorway! Undead things!”

    Father Henri pulls a Energy Rifle up from under the table with his other hand. Looking at you he says, ”Deal? Am I hiring you?”
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes!
Damien - Momano (Rifts: 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

3 Unused Character Accounts: Killian, Ashley & Dred

User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Humble »

The Dragon was impressive. Three times Humble has battled dragons and all three times he lost. Wondering to himself if maybe he could do it again and win this time Humble considers challenging the dragon. But no, these people seem like they are in a hurry and maybe a better battle is to come.

Thinking Humble tries to focus on all the names the man said and remember which one he is supposed to defeat. Oh, the man just kept going on, why could he not just tell them who the bad person was so he could go crush them. But instead he made it so complicated. It was always like this when dealing with priest. They make their living by turning five words on paper into hours of rambling.
Humble looks to the others for what they would decide. If they decide to do this hopefully the battle will be at little more glorious. IT never feels glorious when your opponents are running away and screaming.
Then seeing the offered pen. Humble looks at it, having no clue what is written it even how to sign his name Humble says in his most quite voice, something like gravel being poured through a trough. “I am not a scribe.” Turning he waits to see who leads and what they decide.
Humble (Rob T)
Humble
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d12+3 (+6 when armored), Vigor d12+2
Charisma: -2; Pace: 7;
Skills of Note:
  • Fighting d12
  • Stubbornness (re-trapping of Faith) d6
  • Throwing d6
Edges of Note
  • Dirty Fighter Edge (HJ):
  • Arcane Background Miracles (HJ): Begins with Boost Trait & Warrior's Gift (His faith is one of War, Humble cannot disobey a superior in martial structures or turn away from a reasonable challenge)
  • Invulnerability (Iconic): Humble is invulnerable to Fear and Death. Regenerating instantly even from burning, beheading and dismemberment.
  • Fast Regeneration (Iconic): May make a Natural Recovery roll every turn at Vigor +2 (d12+4 normally)
  • Behemoth (Novice 1): Size 3, +2 to Grappling & Push rolls
  • Brawny (Novice 1): Size 4
Current Status
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble)
Toughness: 28 (8)
PPE: 15/15
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/0

Bennies: 3
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 Reward for helping GM with poll and post counts
    +0 Wash on EE and bonus benny in bottom of turn one with bone snake
    -3 Failed to hit bone snake monster
    -1 Extra Effort resist Puppet
    +2 Scene Bonus
    +1 Voluntary Fear Check

User avatar
Icosa
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Icosa »

Alecto glanced at Thrudh. He was the ranking officer after all.

There were a lot of questions she had about the 13th SET and the events being described, but this wasn't the time for it.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 573
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Hans Greuber »

During the Hour
Healing Gargamel using his Healing Gadget (-2 for wounds, +4 from Machine Maestro)
  • Weird Science: [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
    Result: 7 - Heal 1 Wound
Healing Gargamel using his Healing Gadget (-1 for wounds, +4 from Machine Maestro)
  • Weird Science: [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]3[/dice]
    Result: 10 - Success with Raise. Heal up to 2 Wounds.
"I think adding at least either salvage rights or repair costs is a good idea, but you are the boss, Thrudh. It's your call... just grab the advance card before we head out."
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 20 / 50
  • Band of Healing: 2 / 10
    Band of Power: 2 / 10
    Wings of Icharus: 10 / 10
    Dreamtime: 0 / 5
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges:
Level Headed
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 7 /7
Created Gadgets:
None
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
[list][*]Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
[*]Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
[*]4 PPE per Hour to Charge
[*]Strength d12+2[/list]

Commonly Used Weapons:
  • "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
    • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
    • Shots: 40/40
    • RoF: 1
    • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
    • +2 to Shooting
  • "Dreamtime" (TW Revolver)
    • Damage: 2d6+2 AP4
    • Shots: 6/6, Can Fan the Hammer
    • +2 to Shooting
    • Trapping (Temporal Thought; Smarts Roll on Hit or Fatigue)
    • Power - Slumber with Temporal Thought Trapping)
    • +1 Die Shooting
Bennies: 1 / 3 + 1 Red (d8) Bennie
Base Amount
+2 for Hindrances (Loyal and Doesn't Swim)
+1 for RP
-1 to Soak Rocket
-1 for Extra Effort vs. Maelstorm Maker Dramatic Task
-1 for Extra Effort in Quick Combat vs. the Hammers
-1 for Extra Effort in First Round of Mystery in Lord of Hammer
-1 for Re-Roll on Lord of Hammer Closing the Rift


Toughness: 21 (11); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/ucp.php?i=pro ... =signature
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=2216

User avatar
Thrudh Zebrem
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:57 am

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Thrudh Zebrem »

Thrudh listens to Ailbhe's explanation of the current state of East Gloom. Then he points at the obvious. "Hey, there's a dragon over there. What the...uh...is that normal?" Seeing that Ailbhe is not fazed by the presence of a dragon, he continues to listen, all the while keeping an eye on the massive, sleeping beast.

Thrudh continues to chew and puff on his cigar as Crystal Clad recounts the battle between Viggo and the 13th SET. He stops her short. "Now, wait a minute. Rene hired us. She's good. Viggo worked for Rene. He was good. Then Viggo turned on Rene. Now he's bad. The 13th fought Viggo. Was he workin' fer Rene then, or did he turn and THEN they fought him? I ain't scared of a fight, an' I bet ol' Humble here might give 'em more'n they bargained fer. But if they fought the guy what turncoated on Rene after he turncoated, don't that make them good? I know they wanna burn us down, but if we're all doin' the same thing, ain't we on the same side? Anybody bother ta tell 'em we're helpin' the same cause?" Thrudh ducks a little bit as the dragon flies overhead with the basket. "Guess that's yer ride, then? Ridin' in style. Oughta get me one a' those."

On the way into the cathedral, between puffs on his cigar, he continues thinking out loud, mostly to the rest of the company. "I ain't spoilin' fer a fight we don't need. If we can talk the 13th down, get 'em ta hear reason, we don't fight. Maybe we can work out a parley or somethin'. I ain't a talker, but I can lay out our case pretty plain. If they don't like it, maybe they burn me down, but the rest of ya can either make 'em pay or get gone 'fore they get to ya. But if we're carryin' on the BC name, ain't a good call ta burn contracts with what's more'n likely ta be our biggest employer if we can help it."

Thrudh listens as Father Henri lays out the contract and the terms. "Three mill? Hm. Might need ta factor in incidentals, expenses, the question a' salvage and scrappin' rights..." The explosion reverberates from outside, and the priest comes running in. "Undead at the gates? We're hired. Lock an' load." Thrudh signs his name rapidly as the ranking officer of the Black Company, and unslings his shoulder cannon. "Alright, BC. We ain't new ta burnin' down what's lookin' fer a second final rest. Let's show the father here what his money gets 'em."

Thrudh reaches and grabs the first cred-stick. "This oughta do fer a down payment."
Thrudh Zebrem
Thrudh Zebrem
Bennies: 6 (+1 interlude, +1 max post quarter reward, +1 Carlos joker, +1 Humble joker, -1 reroll grenade damage, -1 extra effort OTO QC, +1 LaForge, +1 QC CS prison, -1 EE Gloom QC, +2 for successful 1st round QC, -1 EE notice, -1 EE repair)
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
  • Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
    • Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
    • Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
  • Range 50/100/200
    Damage: 3d10, AP 0
    ROF 1, shots 20
    MD, Plasma, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Snapfire, 25 standard rounds
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
  • Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
  • Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Adventure card:
  • Spill the Beans - The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.
    Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Mountaineer Mk. 2
  • Light Railgun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
  • Mini Missile Launcher
    • Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
  • Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1
Edit Sig

User avatar
Icosa
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Icosa »

"With regards to the SET, I agree," says Alecto. "Fighting them is counterproductive, especially if they are assisting our employer. We should attempt to contact them peacefully. I may have a way to do that soon."

The agreement signed, Alecto goes to a window to peek carefully out and see what they're dealing with out there.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 573
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Hans Greuber »

Looking at the priest, Hans has a question for him.

"Demons or Undead? It makes a difference with what I give our guys to prepare them for the battle."
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 20 / 50
  • Band of Healing: 2 / 10
    Band of Power: 2 / 10
    Wings of Icharus: 10 / 10
    Dreamtime: 0 / 5
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges:
Level Headed
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 7 /7
Created Gadgets:
None
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
[list][*]Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
[*]Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
[*]4 PPE per Hour to Charge
[*]Strength d12+2[/list]

Commonly Used Weapons:
  • "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
    • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
    • Shots: 40/40
    • RoF: 1
    • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
    • +2 to Shooting
  • "Dreamtime" (TW Revolver)
    • Damage: 2d6+2 AP4
    • Shots: 6/6, Can Fan the Hammer
    • +2 to Shooting
    • Trapping (Temporal Thought; Smarts Roll on Hit or Fatigue)
    • Power - Slumber with Temporal Thought Trapping)
    • +1 Die Shooting
Bennies: 1 / 3 + 1 Red (d8) Bennie
Base Amount
+2 for Hindrances (Loyal and Doesn't Swim)
+1 for RP
-1 to Soak Rocket
-1 for Extra Effort vs. Maelstorm Maker Dramatic Task
-1 for Extra Effort in Quick Combat vs. the Hammers
-1 for Extra Effort in First Round of Mystery in Lord of Hammer
-1 for Re-Roll on Lord of Hammer Closing the Rift


Toughness: 21 (11); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/ucp.php?i=pro ... =signature
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=2216

User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Humble »

Thrudh Zebrem wrote:Thrudh listens to Ailbhe's explanation of the current state of East Gloom. Then he points at the obvious. "Hey, there's a dragon over there. What the...uh...is that normal?" Seeing that Ailbhe is not fazed by the presence of a dragon, he continues to listen, all the while keeping an eye on the massive, sleeping beast.
Humble looks at the short lizard thing. “Dragons can be tough. Three times I have faced one in battle, all three times I lost. Next time I will have to try harder.”

Thrudh Zebrem wrote:Thrudh continues to chew and puff on his cigar as Crystal Clad recounts the battle between Viggo and the 13th SET. He stops her short. "Now, wait a minute. Rene hired us. She's good. Viggo worked for Rene. He was good. Then Viggo turned on Rene. Now he's bad. The 13th fought Viggo. Was he workin' fer Rene then, or did he turn and THEN they fought him? I ain't scared of a fight, an' I bet ol' Humble here might give 'em more'n they bargained fer. But if they fought the guy what turncoated on Rene after he turncoated, don't that make them good? I know they wanna burn us down, but if we're all doin' the same thing, ain't we on the same side? Anybody bother ta tell 'em we're helpin' the same cause?" Thrudh ducks a little bit as the dragon flies overhead with the basket. "Guess that's yer ride, then? Ridin' in style. Oughta get me one a' those."

On the way into the cathedral, between puffs on his cigar, he continues thinking out loud, mostly to the rest of the company. "I ain't spoilin' fer a fight we don't need. If we can talk the 13th down, get 'em ta hear reason, we don't fight. Maybe we can work out a parley or somethin'. I ain't a talker, but I can lay out our case pretty plain. If they don't like it, maybe they burn me down, but the rest of ya can either make 'em pay or get gone 'fore they get to ya. But if we're carryin' on the BC name, ain't a good call ta burn contracts with what's more'n likely ta be our biggest employer if we can help it."
Humble thinks to himself for a bit then looks at Thrudh. “You a priest?”
Hans Greuber wrote: "Demons or Undead? It makes a difference with what I give our guys to prepare them for the battle."
Looking at the little man who fixes things Humble says. “They both die when you take their heads?”

Thrudh Zebrem wrote:Thrudh listens as Father Henri lays out the contract and the terms. "Three mill? Hm. Might need ta factor in incidentals, expenses, the question a' salvage and scrappin' rights..." The explosion reverberates from outside, and the priest comes running in. "Undead at the gates? We're hired. Lock an' load." Thrudh signs his name rapidly as the ranking officer of the Black Company, and unslings his shoulder cannon. "Alright, BC. We ain't new ta burnin' down what's lookin' fer a second final rest. Let's show the father here what his money gets 'em."
Humble readies himself for the battle, and looks out to see if he can see the source of the trouble.
Humble (Rob T)
Humble
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d12+3 (+6 when armored), Vigor d12+2
Charisma: -2; Pace: 7;
Skills of Note:
  • Fighting d12
  • Stubbornness (re-trapping of Faith) d6
  • Throwing d6
Edges of Note
  • Dirty Fighter Edge (HJ):
  • Arcane Background Miracles (HJ): Begins with Boost Trait & Warrior's Gift (His faith is one of War, Humble cannot disobey a superior in martial structures or turn away from a reasonable challenge)
  • Invulnerability (Iconic): Humble is invulnerable to Fear and Death. Regenerating instantly even from burning, beheading and dismemberment.
  • Fast Regeneration (Iconic): May make a Natural Recovery roll every turn at Vigor +2 (d12+4 normally)
  • Behemoth (Novice 1): Size 3, +2 to Grappling & Push rolls
  • Brawny (Novice 1): Size 4
Current Status
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble)
Toughness: 28 (8)
PPE: 15/15
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/0

Bennies: 3
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 Reward for helping GM with poll and post counts
    +0 Wash on EE and bonus benny in bottom of turn one with bone snake
    -3 Failed to hit bone snake monster
    -1 Extra Effort resist Puppet
    +2 Scene Bonus
    +1 Voluntary Fear Check

User avatar
Thrudh Zebrem
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:57 am

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Thrudh Zebrem »

Thrudh glances at Alecto. "Oh yeah? That'll be mighty helpful. Yer full'a all kinda surprises, ain't ya?"

Thrudh gives Humble a sideways glance. Shooting a stream of cigar smoke up into the air, he replies. "Ain't a priest. Funny question. Why ya ask?"
Thrudh Zebrem
Thrudh Zebrem
Bennies: 6 (+1 interlude, +1 max post quarter reward, +1 Carlos joker, +1 Humble joker, -1 reroll grenade damage, -1 extra effort OTO QC, +1 LaForge, +1 QC CS prison, -1 EE Gloom QC, +2 for successful 1st round QC, -1 EE notice, -1 EE repair)
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
  • Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
    • Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
    • Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
  • Range 50/100/200
    Damage: 3d10, AP 0
    ROF 1, shots 20
    MD, Plasma, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Snapfire, 25 standard rounds
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
  • Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
  • Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Adventure card:
  • Spill the Beans - The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.
    Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Mountaineer Mk. 2
  • Light Railgun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
  • Mini Missile Launcher
    • Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
  • Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1
Edit Sig

User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Humble »

Thrudh Zebrem wrote:
Thrudh gives Humble a sideways glance. Shooting a stream of cigar smoke up into the air, he replies. "Ain't a priest. Funny question. Why ya ask?"
Humble looks at the apparent leader and answers simply in his honest way. "You make lots of words"
Humble (Rob T)
Humble
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d12+3 (+6 when armored), Vigor d12+2
Charisma: -2; Pace: 7;
Skills of Note:
  • Fighting d12
  • Stubbornness (re-trapping of Faith) d6
  • Throwing d6
Edges of Note
  • Dirty Fighter Edge (HJ):
  • Arcane Background Miracles (HJ): Begins with Boost Trait & Warrior's Gift (His faith is one of War, Humble cannot disobey a superior in martial structures or turn away from a reasonable challenge)
  • Invulnerability (Iconic): Humble is invulnerable to Fear and Death. Regenerating instantly even from burning, beheading and dismemberment.
  • Fast Regeneration (Iconic): May make a Natural Recovery roll every turn at Vigor +2 (d12+4 normally)
  • Behemoth (Novice 1): Size 3, +2 to Grappling & Push rolls
  • Brawny (Novice 1): Size 4
Current Status
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble)
Toughness: 28 (8)
PPE: 15/15
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/0

Bennies: 3
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 Reward for helping GM with poll and post counts
    +0 Wash on EE and bonus benny in bottom of turn one with bone snake
    -3 Failed to hit bone snake monster
    -1 Extra Effort resist Puppet
    +2 Scene Bonus
    +1 Voluntary Fear Check

User avatar
Thrudh Zebrem
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:57 am

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Thrudh Zebrem »

Thrudh chuckles. "Yeah, I suppose I can get ta jabberin' when I'm workin' a problem. Don't you worry. I'll keep it simple fer ya."

As the fight breaks out and Thrudh prepares to go to battle, he shouts. "Humble! Fight! That way!" He points towards the door and the sound of explosions.
Thrudh Zebrem
Thrudh Zebrem
Bennies: 6 (+1 interlude, +1 max post quarter reward, +1 Carlos joker, +1 Humble joker, -1 reroll grenade damage, -1 extra effort OTO QC, +1 LaForge, +1 QC CS prison, -1 EE Gloom QC, +2 for successful 1st round QC, -1 EE notice, -1 EE repair)
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
  • Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
    • Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
    • Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
  • Range 50/100/200
    Damage: 3d10, AP 0
    ROF 1, shots 20
    MD, Plasma, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Snapfire, 25 standard rounds
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
  • Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
  • Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Adventure card:
  • Spill the Beans - The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.
    Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Mountaineer Mk. 2
  • Light Railgun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
  • Mini Missile Launcher
    • Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
  • Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1
Edit Sig

User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 573
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Hans Greuber »

"Wait a sec, Humble. Give me a few seconds, and you will easily be able to catch up with Thrudh. If undead, if your weapon is magical, you can kill them. Either that, or able to blast chunks out of a mountain. If Demons, well, it all depends on the type of Demon. She tends to use more Undead, from what I hear."
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 20 / 50
  • Band of Healing: 2 / 10
    Band of Power: 2 / 10
    Wings of Icharus: 10 / 10
    Dreamtime: 0 / 5
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges:
Level Headed
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 7 /7
Created Gadgets:
None
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
[list][*]Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
[*]Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
[*]4 PPE per Hour to Charge
[*]Strength d12+2[/list]

Commonly Used Weapons:
  • "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
    • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
    • Shots: 40/40
    • RoF: 1
    • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
    • +2 to Shooting
  • "Dreamtime" (TW Revolver)
    • Damage: 2d6+2 AP4
    • Shots: 6/6, Can Fan the Hammer
    • +2 to Shooting
    • Trapping (Temporal Thought; Smarts Roll on Hit or Fatigue)
    • Power - Slumber with Temporal Thought Trapping)
    • +1 Die Shooting
Bennies: 1 / 3 + 1 Red (d8) Bennie
Base Amount
+2 for Hindrances (Loyal and Doesn't Swim)
+1 for RP
-1 to Soak Rocket
-1 for Extra Effort vs. Maelstorm Maker Dramatic Task
-1 for Extra Effort in Quick Combat vs. the Hammers
-1 for Extra Effort in First Round of Mystery in Lord of Hammer
-1 for Re-Roll on Lord of Hammer Closing the Rift


Toughness: 21 (11); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/ucp.php?i=pro ... =signature
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=2216

User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Humble »

Pulling out his flaming sword and igniting it Humble looks to Hans. "I'll wait" Humble says as he prepares himself for whatever battle blessings the dwarf has in mind thinking to himself. This one will be good to keep.
Humble (Rob T)
Humble
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d12+3 (+6 when armored), Vigor d12+2
Charisma: -2; Pace: 7;
Skills of Note:
  • Fighting d12
  • Stubbornness (re-trapping of Faith) d6
  • Throwing d6
Edges of Note
  • Dirty Fighter Edge (HJ):
  • Arcane Background Miracles (HJ): Begins with Boost Trait & Warrior's Gift (His faith is one of War, Humble cannot disobey a superior in martial structures or turn away from a reasonable challenge)
  • Invulnerability (Iconic): Humble is invulnerable to Fear and Death. Regenerating instantly even from burning, beheading and dismemberment.
  • Fast Regeneration (Iconic): May make a Natural Recovery roll every turn at Vigor +2 (d12+4 normally)
  • Behemoth (Novice 1): Size 3, +2 to Grappling & Push rolls
  • Brawny (Novice 1): Size 4
Current Status
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble)
Toughness: 28 (8)
PPE: 15/15
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/0

Bennies: 3
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 Reward for helping GM with poll and post counts
    +0 Wash on EE and bonus benny in bottom of turn one with bone snake
    -3 Failed to hit bone snake monster
    -1 Extra Effort resist Puppet
    +2 Scene Bonus
    +1 Voluntary Fear Check

User avatar
Gargamel
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 am
Location: The Black Company

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Gargamel »

Notice [dice]0[/dice]
wild dice [dice]1[/dice]

"This sounds like a fine battle to join in, though rescuing Rene should be our priority to ensure that we have sufficient forces. Is there anybody we could outfit with those Glitter Boys? That way we would have extra firepower." Gargamel responded to the Priest, before turning to ask Hans and Thrudh about their recent acquisitions.


"As for this 13th SET, is there a weakness we could exploit in order to force a conversation without it deteriorating into violence? That way we have more allies and not the Legion still gunning for us."

As the news about the undead attack came through

"If it requires heavier weapons, then the NE-45 Heavy Magnum Cartridge Revolvers should do the trick." He drew both of his pistols out, readying them for combat, briefly touching the gem in his pocket, drawing on its power. "Lets see if we can find the person controlling them and eliminate them first. I can clear a batch of them with a fireball spell if need be."
OOC Comments
PPE 12/15 remaining
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82

User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 573
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Hans Greuber »

Quickness and Boost on Humble
Quickness (base) on Humble (-2 due MaP, +4 due Machine Maestro - Assuming out of Combat)
  • Weird Science: [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
    Result: 8 - Success with (Auto-)Raise. 2 Turns per Round. Minimum 8 on Initiative. +1 Agility Die and +2 Pace. 5 PPE.
Greater Boost Fighting (also gives a d4 in Climbing) on Humble (-2 due MaP, +4 due Machine Maestro - Assuming Out of Combat)
  • Weird Science: [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]3[/dice]
    Result: 8 - Success with Raise. +4 Dice to Fighting, d4 in Climbing. 5 PPE from Gadget.
With a quick nod to their new employer, Hans gets to work. He puts his hand on Humble and with a quick adjustment of his Gizmos and Gadgets, Humble gets a small shock. Before he can really mentally react to the shock, however, time slows down for him, and he can now remember training that he has never received, from a life never lived by him.

"Now, Humble, you are ready. Show them what we can do."
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 20 / 50
  • Band of Healing: 2 / 10
    Band of Power: 2 / 10
    Wings of Icharus: 10 / 10
    Dreamtime: 0 / 5
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges:
Level Headed
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 7 /7
Created Gadgets:
None
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
[list][*]Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
[*]Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
[*]4 PPE per Hour to Charge
[*]Strength d12+2[/list]

Commonly Used Weapons:
  • "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
    • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
    • Shots: 40/40
    • RoF: 1
    • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
    • +2 to Shooting
  • "Dreamtime" (TW Revolver)
    • Damage: 2d6+2 AP4
    • Shots: 6/6, Can Fan the Hammer
    • +2 to Shooting
    • Trapping (Temporal Thought; Smarts Roll on Hit or Fatigue)
    • Power - Slumber with Temporal Thought Trapping)
    • +1 Die Shooting
Bennies: 1 / 3 + 1 Red (d8) Bennie
Base Amount
+2 for Hindrances (Loyal and Doesn't Swim)
+1 for RP
-1 to Soak Rocket
-1 for Extra Effort vs. Maelstorm Maker Dramatic Task
-1 for Extra Effort in Quick Combat vs. the Hammers
-1 for Extra Effort in First Round of Mystery in Lord of Hammer
-1 for Re-Roll on Lord of Hammer Closing the Rift


Toughness: 21 (11); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/ucp.php?i=pro ... =signature
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=2216

User avatar
sammy
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by sammy »

Sammy saunters out of a nearby fish mongers tent. He licks his lips and tosses a fish spine into a nearby waste receptical. Meow that was good... Seems like I missed most of the meeting though... Just like Charlesbad. Sammy gives the young dragon a wave, one claw extended in the universal How-do-you-do. Cyborgs and dragons, only one proper way to say hello to both... Well lets get in and see what this meeting is all about. Sammy looks about tryimg find a suitable way in because who uses the front door. During this search he notices Diamond Clad and his spawn. Sammy gives the older of the two a side-eyed look and hisses. Don't think I have not forgot about your part in Charlesbad. There is a reason the hotel is fraking crater... Oh look a hole in the wall. The mercural cat slips in about halfway through the meeting and finds a good perch to playfully bat at Thrudhe's Tail.

The call to arms brings Sammy mind to the task at hand. He telekenetically lifts his six shooter out of its back holster. He smirks at the company, " Sounds like people need saving, and the money's good. Lets roll out and get to work." He twirls the barrel of the gun and snaps it shut just for fun. He reaches deep into his bucket of bull drawing forth his ability to absorb energy.
exalted deflection, success -4 to hit +2 armor vs energy attacks, fire acts as a dispel, 4 isp spent
psionics [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice]
His body takes on a electric glow giving him more than a fair shares chance at absorbing incoming attacks (if the attack misses it is more like it hits but Sammy absorbs the blow). Sammy taps his crystal and whispers, " Common now Jobby no time to be sleeping, we got a party to get too." His green crystal amulate glows green as Sammy exits and enters the fray.
Sammy
Parry:5, Toughness: 14(7), +2 shooting with armor on
ISP: 30/30
Active Powers: None:
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Weapon in Hand: Sunshine TW revolver
Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
  • +1 optional dream state
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
    -1 Fetetic hand to hand combat

User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Humble »

Hans Greuber wrote:"Now, Humble, you are ready. Show them what we can do."
Feeling the power flow through him, Humble smiles and looks at the dwarf. "This is good." Then turning he prepares himself to charge.
Active Effects
Quickness takes 2 full turns per round
Boost Fighting d12+4
Climbing d4
Humble (Rob T)
Humble
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d12+3 (+6 when armored), Vigor d12+2
Charisma: -2; Pace: 7;
Skills of Note:
  • Fighting d12
  • Stubbornness (re-trapping of Faith) d6
  • Throwing d6
Edges of Note
  • Dirty Fighter Edge (HJ):
  • Arcane Background Miracles (HJ): Begins with Boost Trait & Warrior's Gift (His faith is one of War, Humble cannot disobey a superior in martial structures or turn away from a reasonable challenge)
  • Invulnerability (Iconic): Humble is invulnerable to Fear and Death. Regenerating instantly even from burning, beheading and dismemberment.
  • Fast Regeneration (Iconic): May make a Natural Recovery roll every turn at Vigor +2 (d12+4 normally)
  • Behemoth (Novice 1): Size 3, +2 to Grappling & Push rolls
  • Brawny (Novice 1): Size 4
Current Status
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble)
Toughness: 28 (8)
PPE: 15/15
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/0

Bennies: 3
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 Reward for helping GM with poll and post counts
    +0 Wash on EE and bonus benny in bottom of turn one with bone snake
    -3 Failed to hit bone snake monster
    -1 Extra Effort resist Puppet
    +2 Scene Bonus
    +1 Voluntary Fear Check

User avatar
Icosa
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Icosa »

Still peeking out the window, eyes marking whatever lies in wait outside, Alecto replies to Gargamel.

"I suspect the band that was brought in to perform recently was at least in part a cover operation for the SET. I placed a communication device in the instrument case of one of the band members, transmitting currently. If my suspicion is correct, I hope to verify it by monitoring their conversation. In that case I can also transmit a message via that device, requesting a peaceable meeting."
OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice]
Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Last edited by Icosa on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

User avatar
Carlos Caravello
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:18 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Carlos Caravello »

A dragon and a castle? Vello thinks to himself, What is this a frakking fairy tale? Then, suddenly, he chuckles, Well, I'm the one wearing armor and carrying a sword. Maybe this is a fairy tale. A sick, twisted, and totally frakked up fairy tale. The old solider nearly busts out laughing at the whole ludicrous notion, when word comes there are attackers at the gate.

"Time to save the princess," he mutters to himself - making no sense to anyone around him. Taking up a strong defensive position he tries to assess what they are dealing with.
Skills
Knowledge Battle to assess the tactical situation, [dice]0[/dice], Wild [dice]1[/dice].

Survival, to ID the "demon's" , [dice]2[/dice], Ace: [dice]6[/dice], Wild [dice]3[/dice], Ace: [dice]7[/dice], Ace: [dice]8[/dice]
Total: 17

Notice, to notice shit [dice]4[/dice], [dice]5[/dice]
Character Information
Carlos Caravello
Armored Stats: Strength d12+2; Pace: 8; Toughness: 20 (7), +2 Ranged Attacks, +2 Stealth (wilderness)
Bennies 4/4

Lars
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1337
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Location: GM CS Disavowed
Contact:

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Lars »


Colonel Jack Hammer, Commander of the Hammers Mercenary Company
ImageImageImage
  • Sounds of combat follow the earlier explosion outside of the Cathedral. As the members of the black Company assemble in the main room of the church they can see 16 OTO red robed warriors rushing out the front double large doors. The OTO warriors clash with the horde of three dozen CEAL (undead monsters created by Giest). Chain Swords rip and Rail Guns chug chug chug hundreds of rounds back and forth. Further out, down by the tents and shoreline, are the Hammers.

    It appears that the Hammers and the undead are working jointly to attack the Cathedral. From the far rear, Hover Assault Platform can be seen, standing on it - Jack Hammer. Commander of the Hammers. He is toting a large rail gun in one hand and pointing his troops towards you.

    Adjacent his hover platform, with a dozen soldiers on it, are SAMAS power armor suits, escorting him. On the ground are two, painted urban camo, Spider Skull Walkers. Additionally, two Glitter Boy power armor suits, dug in and ready to rock. 20 foot soldiers in heavy armor, of which two are Borgs.

    Making their way up towards you the foot soldiers of the Hammers are screaming war cries and ready for action. The undead are engaged with the red robes and working on getting to you. The Might of the Hammers is coming down on you from a distance.

    All this as the hover platform of Col. Jack Hammer pounds out a hear shattering deafening rock song, "WE WILL. WE WILL. ROCK YOU!" Blasts out across the battle scene. The only thing louder will be the booms of the Glitter Boys as they open fire on the Black Company, the Red Robed OTO and cathedral. Laser, plasma, ion and bullets will fly as the hammers spit death down from above, afar and from foot soldiers. Undead CEAL monsters lash into the red robes and claw towards you.

    GM Note: Father Henri even joins in the fight, using his sniper rifle. None of his troops here are able to use Glitter Boys, which are down by the shore anyway, as your vehicle and loot were left there and you walked up here. Use the following Quick Combat Rules to write your posts, thanks. You got this.
Recap on Bad Guys:
  • Hover Platform (pace 150 away) with Jack Hammer (borg) and 12 soldiers on platform.
    2 SAMAS PA flying escort to Jack Hammer (pace 150 away)
    2 Spider Skull Walkers (pace 100 away)
    2 Glitter Boy PA (pace 120 away)
    32 heavily armored/armed soldiers on ground. (pace 40 to 100 away) 1/3 are Tech Mercs, 1/3 have Psionics, 1/3 are magic users

    That's something like 53 to 55 living Mercs and 36 undead.
Quick Combat
RFT wrote 99% of the following, I tweaked it for this combat, thanks! This is Quick Combat, not a Mass Battle, IMO. You'll see a real battle soon enough!

As the Black Company exit the Cathederal they will be engaged by the undead CEAL warriors of Mayor Giest, and teh might of the Hammers Mercenary Company, here to extract revenge on Hans, ALecto and now all of you. The two factions are working in cahoots. In order to win this battle you will need to have a certain number of successes. Explained below. Note no bennies to be used in re-rolling results below, however Extra Effort on trait/skill roll is allowed.


Each turn (this being turn 1, and likely the only turn needed, more on that later) your character will use either 2d6 Power Points or use 3d6 rounds of Ammunition, and you need to roll as per Quick Combat. You pick your Primary Skill used in the Narration of your battle (just like normal Quick Combat, with a twist):
  • Critical Failure (a 1 on trait/skill roll and a 1 on wild die) (-1 success): The hero is stopped by overwhelming numbers, an unfortunate tactical development, or bad fortune. He suffers 1d3+1 wounds. In addition he accidentally inhibits another players efforts reducing the number of successes for the group by 1. (The Hero may spend a benny as usual to make a Soak roll if desired, -2 to any Soak Rolls needed or other skills after failure until combat is over.)
  • Failure (+0 successes): The hero is stopped by overwhelming numbers, an unfortunate tactical development, or bad fortune. He suffers 1d3 wounds (The Hero may spend a benny as usual to make a Soak roll if desired, however can not use a bennie to re-roll results on the chart.)
  • Success (+1 success): The hero fights well and adds +1 to success to his team’s efforts. He adds 1 success to his side’s battle. Though the dangers of the battle caused him to suffer 1 wound. (The Hero may spend a benny as usual to make a Soak roll if desired.)
  • Raise (+2 successes): The hero wreaks havoc, slaying enemy leaders and destroying important assets. He adds 2 successes to his side’s battle. Escaping the dangers of battle he finds himself uninjured.
  • Two or More Raises (+3): The warrior covers himself in glory! Scores of foes fall before him and his success inspires his allies to fight like demons. His efforts add +3 to his side’s successes and he emerges from the fight unscathed. In addition he reduce another player's Critical Failure result to a normal failure if he narrates how he interfered.
You then do your best to narrate the result of your roll to make your character seem as awesome as possible.



also...

You Control Your Fate Still. No bennies are allowed in re-rolling on above chart however, your character will have a little more control over your fate than dice and chance alone. After rolling above you may chose one of the following modifiers by spending the resources need for it.

Resources Spent
  • -2 on the results to above, this may take you from a success to a failure, but...that can be fun too: Conserve your energy - Believing it may be an easy battle you spend no more than 1d6 Power Points or 2d6 Payload. * If you chose this option you earn a Personal Bennie for your character to use later after this round / after this quick combat is over.
  • +0: In The Fight - Wanting to stay on top of things you fight like a professional and spend the normal amount listed of 2d6 Power Points or 3d6 Payload. No cost, no change to anything.
  • +2: Serious Business - You do not play around and do what you have to to ensure victory! Spending 4d6 Power Points and/or 6d6 Payload on top of above Rolls.
  • +4: No Matter The Cost - When Battle comes your go all in winning no matter the cost spending 6d6 Power Points or 9d6 Payload on top of above Rolls of amount spent. Note: in less than 24 hours you are supposed to be in a battle that will top this one in importance.
This will allow you the payer to have more control over the results of this Quick Combat without having to waste precious Bennies.

You are under attack by a larger force by far. Results of battle will be posted after you all write up your Narratives and roll your rolls.



then...

RESULTS TABLE:

Less than 8 Successes, results in the either the Black Company will need to retreat (you are cornered - is there a way out?) or if you decide to stand your ground and continue the battle I will post up a new post which will be more difficult than this one and likely start with you having injuries/wounds...if we get there I will explain further.

8 to 9 Successes, results in a stand off where you can escape the area unharmed, as the Hammers back off and retreat to fight another day.

10 to 14 Successes results in 90% of the Hammers present are destroyed and only a few escape as you are VICTORIOUS!

15 to 16 Succeses results in same as above however 50% of the Hammers will surrender / defect to the Black Company!

17 + You kill John Hammer himself and Hans and Alecto will have cleared the Hindrance of Wanted: the Hammers.

21: If John Hammer dies, the remaining Hammers not in Gloom, will join the BC. That's 100 men and woman and their tech and magic, you'll have to go find them after leaving Gloom. Take Hammers head as proof ;)

Insane? Technically you could end up with 21 Successes..... We'll see, this is Rifts!


Simple RECAP:
  1. You roll either 2d6 Power Points or use 3d6 rounds of Ammunition
  2. You Roll Your Characters Trait/Skill and see what result is
  3. You add or subtract if you want to by spending resources
  4. You write Narrative
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes!
Damien - Momano (Rifts: 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

3 Unused Character Accounts: Killian, Ashley & Dred

User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Humble »

Fighting 18 or 22 depending on Lars, 4, or 5 Successes for team and can reverse 1 critical failure
+4 Fighting Boost from Hans assumed to be usable, if not reduce result by 4. Quickness will only affect cinematic presentation in quick combat.
Fighting [dice]0[/dice]
Fighting Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Extra Effort Because I Always Try for that Next Raise
[dice]2[/dice] Extra Effort Aced [dice]3[/dice]

Knowing the roll is a 18 I am inclined to preserve PPE, But Humble does not hold back, he is always 100% all in.
PPE Used: Every Drop See Notes - [dice]4[/dice]
I noticed you do not limit to available resources for pushing. If that was deliberate Humble would go all out for the +4, because he never holds back.
Active Effects
Most likely burned up by the end of quick combat.
Quickness takes 2 full turns per round
Pace 9 x2 = 18
Boost Fighting d12+4
Climbing d4
“He dies.” The bass rumble of Humbles voice was tempered a bit as it was apparent his word were meant only for himself. With the power coursing through him Humble wastes no times and leaps from the window sliding down the wall attempting to slowing himself as needed with his grip. His excitement a little too high Humble does not slow himself as much as he should and his leg breaks as he hits the ground. Rolling on his shoulder it appears not to slow him at all as he shakes it off and continues his charge towards the enemy as a full sprint.

Firing his shotgun at the nearest of the soldiers Humble refills it with his force of will repeatedly until he runs out of power to fuel it. Not to be detoured he draws his sword and begins slicing the foes apart. The look of the terror that fills the eyes of his foes as even cutting off his arm with a Vibro-blade only slowed him for a moment as it regrew an he sprung up again. When suddenly blasts of plasma and laser hits him from multiple sides he was knocked down long enough for the soldier to fire more shots as they closed. Suddenly Humble sprung to his feat with the supernatural energy the dwarf had fueled him with coursing through his body. With a great “ROAAR!” he ran at the Cyborg decapitating him.

Having learned the CEAR decide to focus fire on Humble as he was being washed in laser fire, knocking him down as fast as he could rise a dozen Zombies joined in the concentrated fire on him. Humble did not know it, but the release in the pressure was from the supporting fire offered by Father Henri shooting down from above.
Getting up Humble staggered again and looked around as his body again repaired itself as if never injured. He could see the hover platform, but it was still too far for him to get to quickly Humble could see the Hammer man yelling orders as the glitter boy swung its boom gun on him. He hated this part, those things hurt like hell every...

Before he could finish the though the blast went through him sending chunks of his body in all directions and removing his head and outer arms completely as even the 1/2” thick steel plate he wore were not enough to resist the blast.

Hues was pissed, he saw the feed of what happened last time and no way in hell would he let that shit happen to him. Setting a solid position he locked in and started clearing the field with his boom gun before any one of those Black Company dogs could get to him.

“Kill whatever the hell that thing is coming at us."

The call was clear, out of the side Hues saw that f**kin giant that killed Stien earlier. With smooth satisfaction he locked in and shot. The results were instant, the torso somehow surviving the blat was no matter as the creatures head, left leg and both arms were completely blown away in a red mist. “That was for you Stein” he offered up.

Holy crap! Instead of falling down the body fell forward is a weird hopping like motion as before it even hit the ground the leg has regenerated, the things suddenly had an arm reaching out from the stump of its now fully formed torso its head half grown back it pushed itself off the ground and started charging Hues it let out a bellow. “THAT HURTS!”

“Holy shit, holy shit, stop that thing!” he yelled over his radio as he fired another shot, but the damn thing kept coming not even stopping as it swung that giant flaming sword at Hammer after Hammer.

When the thing was still charging after the third shot Hues pulled his pylons and ran, jumping up in the air to get to the Barge. He already saw what it did to Stein and he knew his armor would not resist this monsters rage. The last thing Hues knew his accent was arrested as he was jerked back to the ground....

Seeing the head of the last of those stupid glittering robots roll away Humble looked around for his next target. The Hammer things were breaking and running, which was smart, as he looked. Grabbing one of the smaller rail guns used by the flying ones someone had knocked out of the air Humble emptied the weapon on the commander of the Hammers as they tried to flee...

As the battle clears Humble looks around. “Good fight. ” he says to himself, Ailbhe, or any others close enough to him.
Humble (Rob T)
Humble
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d12+3 (+6 when armored), Vigor d12+2
Charisma: -2; Pace: 7;
Skills of Note:
  • Fighting d12
  • Stubbornness (re-trapping of Faith) d6
  • Throwing d6
Edges of Note
  • Dirty Fighter Edge (HJ):
  • Arcane Background Miracles (HJ): Begins with Boost Trait & Warrior's Gift (His faith is one of War, Humble cannot disobey a superior in martial structures or turn away from a reasonable challenge)
  • Invulnerability (Iconic): Humble is invulnerable to Fear and Death. Regenerating instantly even from burning, beheading and dismemberment.
  • Fast Regeneration (Iconic): May make a Natural Recovery roll every turn at Vigor +2 (d12+4 normally)
  • Behemoth (Novice 1): Size 3, +2 to Grappling & Push rolls
  • Brawny (Novice 1): Size 4
Current Status
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble)
Toughness: 28 (8)
PPE: 15/15
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/0

Bennies: 3
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 Reward for helping GM with poll and post counts
    +0 Wash on EE and bonus benny in bottom of turn one with bone snake
    -3 Failed to hit bone snake monster
    -1 Extra Effort resist Puppet
    +2 Scene Bonus
    +1 Voluntary Fear Check

User avatar
Icosa
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Icosa »

Humble was the perfect distraction. Alecto put the helmet of her newly-acquired armor on, and the surface of it shimmered and seemed to become translucent as each point on its surface created an image of what was on the far side of the suit. As she moved, the camouflage was imperfect; the suit's ability to adjust the image wasn't quite real-time...but she was nevertheless hard to make out.

"I will focus on the magicians and psychics first," she said into the team's comms. "Warn me before bombarding their position. I will notify you when I shift targets."

"Good luck."


The curtains wafted as the smoky shimmer betraying her location leapt out the window and cut sharply to one side...keeping low as it flanked around the arrayed forces to get at the soft-but-devastating supernaturals in the back ranks.

--

"Need suppression!" The call came out from the left, and Peets looked over that way. A red-robe in some kind of glowy magic shell was holding off the left flank's advance towards the fortress. The heavy guns were wrapped up trying to take down that bizarre monster-man who'd come barreling into the center columns.

It was fine. Peets was a professional. A quick spell lanced out, striking the red-robe's magic and ripping a hole right through it. The shield faded, leaving him wide open to combined laser fire.

He looked over at McGraine, standing next to him. A sort of informal rivalry existed between him and the master psychic. One look though told him that there'd be peace between them in his lifetime. Because McGraine's lifetime had expired. He was hovering a few inches off the ground with a metal blade sticking out through the front of his chest. His eyes were wide in shock, and his mouth gaped open, leaking blood. Behind him...something in the air, like a ripple in the shape of a person.

Shit.

Peetz whirled and started to scramble away, his mouth opening to shout alarm. He felt the sickening lurch of his body as something hit his leg in mid-stride. He was falling then, falling over, windmilling his arms as his intended warning turned into a startled cry. Once down he struggled to get up, but his balance was wrong. Why couldn't he get up?

Then the pain hit. Searing. An inferno of agony soaking up from his left leg. The leg that had been hit. He looked down and screamed when he saw nothing. The stump gushed blood. The leg was about a yard back, where he'd stumbled. Bloodstains in midair came at him and his scream ended.

--

"MAGES!" shouted Jack Hammer. "Lock that thing down!" He thumbed his interface on the combat computer, highlighting Humble in the HUDs of the mages and psychics he'd assembled for the assault. The mercenary commander then turned his attention to the fortress itself as he waited for the fireworks to begin.

They didn't.

A quick scan of the combat computer told him why in a heartbeat. A lot were dead. A LOT. And the escort squads were fine. From the hovering platform Hammer surveyed the field and saw the escort on the left flank fanning out, searching for something. Bodies of the paranormal squad were littering the ground around them.

Cries from the right flank erupted, flashes of laser light, the crack of magic lightning. Through the fireworks a shape could be seen indistinctly, moving erratically through the hailstorm of fire. Another mage fell in a spray of blood.

"Sir!" shouted one of the officers. "Artillery's under attack! That thing!"

The mages were far too busy trying to stay alive to use their magic on the rampaging beast that was tearing a hole right up the center of the forces...and now directly assaulting a Glitter Boy!

A report from the right flank filtered back then.

"We've lost contact with the enemy unit! We need sensor overwatch over here! Mages are down! Psychics are down!"

General Hammer's jaw clenched and he began issuing orders. If they thought this was all the Hammers could bring down, they had another think coming. This was a long way from over!

==

Fighting 14, 9 ammo used (railgun is now empty)
OOC Comments
Fighting [dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice]
Extra Effort: [dice]3[/dice]

Ammo used: [dice]2[/dice]
Last edited by Icosa on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

User avatar
sammy
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by sammy »

Sammy hops off of Thrudh's shoulder and survey's the scene with his grackletooth compatriot. There is a mischievous twinkle in Sammy's eye and a bit of drool coming down his lip. Now this is worth the fight. Spiders, glitterboys, magics, more CEALs than you can shake a club at. Sammy's energy absorption field takes a hit from a laser rifle and Sammy smiles returning the favor as sunshine lets loose a ray right between the eyes of his unfortunate foe. Oh and the Hammers, led by someone who hates Hans... Big fella. Sammy saunters into the fight blasting and tossing foes left and right. The frolicking cat laughs and purrs his way next to 'Vello. " Looks like Alecto is taking the mages and our aspect of war is doing what he does best. Making some omlettes shells and all..." Sammy chuckles pulling out a cigar and tossing it to 'Vello. " I recall you liked a drag from time to time... I found some lying arround. Like Charlesbad we need you to call the shots." Sammy cracks a CEAL in the head and pulls the creature to the ground with strength he should not possess. Struggling with the creature Sammy plugs it with sunshine putting a finger of the divine through its head. " No dozer this time so at least you don't need me to drive...." Sammy's lips curl as something caught his attention. Nodding at Vello he bounds his way down going places a kitty cat should not.

The hammer glitterboy hunkers down a good 500 meters away its locking mechanism thundering into place. The pilot gives out a haughty laugh as he lines up his target: Diamond and Crystal Clad. Diamond Clad and his daughter Crystal are furiously working on a sheild to protect them from a boom guns blast. But it dawns on them as it would most people, no amount of armor or sheild is going to protect you from the biggest gun ever made. The two exchange a glace of finality, only to be exchanged for one of incredible shock. From out of the shadows Sammy pounces in front of the technowizard father and daughter. Diamond Clad breathes one word saying everything that needs to be said, " Charlesbad."
Sammy winks at the pair as only a cat can wink. Fraking right Clad... Don't think I did not forget. Sammy swings his tail and focuses on the glitterboy. Sammy and the glitterboy look at each other across the way for a few thick sweat filled seconds. Sammy calls out roaring over the din of the battle, " Draw!!" Boom the gun goes. Faster than he has any right to be Sammy draws upon his inner strength reaching out for the sonic speeding flechettes with his telekentic ability. Sammy's scrunched up face and narrow eyes tells it all: he means business!
psionics roll 8 toal, 12 ppts spent
psionics [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice]
  • +2 for serious business ppts:[dice]2[/dice]
The flechettes only make it about 20 feet away from Sammy and the Clads before they are wrapped up nicely in a telekenetic bubble. Sammy crunches them into a little ball and flings it at a merc about to take Crystal Clad's head off with a vibro sword. Sneaky Git! Instead the mercs head drops into her lap as Sammy's flechette boom gun ball takes his head clean off. Sammy turns back the glitterboy preparing to wrestle another shot but smiles a wide cheshire grin as he sees the aspect of war coming full of spit. Here comes the Humble train, choo choo kachoo! Meow that'll do, that'll do. Sammy pulls out a cigar and swipes it against a piece of burnning rubble. He takes a long drag and waves hi to Thrudh.
Sammy
Parry:5, Toughness: 14(7), +2 shooting with armor on
ISP: 30/30
Active Powers: None:
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Weapon in Hand: Sunshine TW revolver
Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
  • +1 optional dream state
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
    -1 Fetetic hand to hand combat

User avatar
Thrudh Zebrem
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:57 am

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Thrudh Zebrem »

Quick Combat Shooting 8
Shooting
[dice]0[/dice]

Benny extra effort with prior result
[dice]3[/dice]

WD Shooting
[dice]1[/dice]

In The Fight - payload used: [dice]2[/dice]
Thrudh watches Humble bowl through the enemy lines like a rhino-buffalo hopped up on speedballs, laying waste to everything in his path. "If that ain't one a' the craziest sights I've ever seen..." His moment of reflection ends quickly, though, as laser fire starts striking the building. "Better get ta work. Gotta show these Hammers what we can do." Ensuring the magazine of his shoulder cannon is topped off, he drops the cigar out of his mouth and lowers the visor on his helmet.

"Go time."

Thrudh follows Humble's wake out of the front door, strolling casually into the firefight, and laughing all the way. Letting off plasma blast after plasma blast from the NE shoulder cannon into the softer targets, Thrudh bellows at the top of his lungs. "Bet y'all jokers wish ya'd joined up with the BC 'stead a' chasin' us down! The Hammers done got hammered once today, but twice is just as nice! HA HA HA HA! GET SOME!" Thrudh continues his march forward into the chaos of combat, heedless of the errant laser blast or particle beam impact on his armor, and returning fire with punctuations of laughter and insults.

Approaching one of his burning targets whose life had just turned to ash, he finds a small payload of rather entertaining components. "Toys!" He bends down behind a bit of a rock wall and rifles through the open pack. Spending a few moments with wires, cutters, and fusing some components together, he finishes a crude piece of handiwork, but impressive, considering he is in the middle of a firefight. Taking incoming fire from one of the SAMAS suits, he prepares to set off his new contraption. In the confusion and chaos, he loses track of his surroundings. A voice to his left boasts. "Guess you should've kept shooting, you ugly bastard!" One of the Hammers' tech soldiers lifts his rifle to his shoulder and prepares to blast Thrudh into the great beyond. His point blank blast fails to go off, though, because with a SSSSHHHHKKK, the butt end of the rifle swings towards the ground, a disembodied fist still wrapped around the grip. A second slice of a nearly invisible sword makes its way through several seemingly important internal organs, making the very short remainder of the mercenary's life quite unpleasant. A familiar voice says, matter-of-factly, "You should remain vigilant while in combat." A barely perceptible blur passes in front of Thrudh and on to make additional havoc in the enemy lines. Thrudh shouts after Alecto. "Aw, nuts. I had that joker right where I wanted him! HA! Thanks Alecto!"

Returning his focus to his one-off fireworks display, he finds his target: one of the SAMAS suits flying around and making things difficult for the OTO defenders. "POPCORN!" Touching off the improvised explosive, it launches into the air, impacting the power armor and exploding brilliantly in an array of colors, and with a resounding BOOM! The wreckage speeds to the ground, the bulk of the lifeless suit impacting a small cluster of Hammers mercenaries who had several OTO mages pinned down with suppressive fire. "Heh. Perfect landing!"

Picking up his shoulder cannon, Thrudh wades back out into the fight, lobbing volley after volley into the enemy ranks. "Ain't too late ta give up, Hammers! The Black Company is hirin'!"
Thrudh Zebrem
Thrudh Zebrem
Bennies: 6 (+1 interlude, +1 max post quarter reward, +1 Carlos joker, +1 Humble joker, -1 reroll grenade damage, -1 extra effort OTO QC, +1 LaForge, +1 QC CS prison, -1 EE Gloom QC, +2 for successful 1st round QC, -1 EE notice, -1 EE repair)
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
  • Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
    • Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
    • Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
  • Range 50/100/200
    Damage: 3d10, AP 0
    ROF 1, shots 20
    MD, Plasma, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Snapfire, 25 standard rounds
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
  • Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
  • Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Adventure card:
  • Spill the Beans - The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.
    Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Mountaineer Mk. 2
  • Light Railgun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
  • Mini Missile Launcher
    • Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
  • Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1
Edit Sig

User avatar
Gargamel
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 am
Location: The Black Company

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Gargamel »

OOC Comments
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
benny
extra effort [dice]2[/dice]

Fighting total 14
for three successes based Parry 6 for the badguys
1 benny remaining

“Simple enough then,” Gargamel smiled, as he saw the enemy forces array before them. The OTO forces were holding them at bay, but some of the undead and mercs had flanked on side along a garden atop a high wall, supported by one of the Spider walkers. The few robed priests up there were falling back, heavily outgunned.
Overwhelming odds and heavy support. Yep, I think I can handle that.

“I’ll deal with that flank!” He announced confidently, plucking a few grenades out of Thrudh’s stash. “Just need these.”
Shooting first then blades Gargamel decided. Pulling out both pistols, he charged forward guns blazing, picking off the undead and several of the mercs with unerring precision, before ending up behind a tree. As the pistols ran dry, he switched to his swords, firing up the battle fury blade and bringing up a quickness spell on himself as time slowed down from his perception. The remaining mercenaries came in closer, thinking that they had him were in for a rude surprise as he suddenly charged out from behind the tree, somehow moving so quick that his blades seemed like blurs. In a matter of seconds, five of them lay dead.

Alongside the walltop garden, one of the spider skull walkers turned and opened fire, but the ground exploded around them as it didn’t bother trying not to hit the troops he was fighting, but somehow fortune favoured the bold or insane as Gargamel was unaffected. Several of the mercs retreated, having lost the heart for a fight and thinking that the walker would finish him off for them.

Gargamel charged forward again and to their utter surprise, Gargamel leapt onto the Walker which had ventured a little too close, as it expected him to retreat. He slammed the blades down, punching holes in the roof hatch, before twisting them around to slice it open. Several energy blasts erupted, finishing off the hatch, scraping along his mage armour and the field supplied by the battle fury blade.
“Not good enough to deal with me,” he called out, as he dropped three grenades down the hatch on short fuses, “your friends tried to do this to me earlier. Just returning the favour!” As the Spider Skull Walker staggered, smoke billowing out of the hatch the grenades inflicted heavy damage inside the vehicle, Gargamel calmly stepped off back onto the walltop garden. Seeing the devastation to their forces, the remaining mercenaries dropped their weapons, all fight having gone out of them.

“Smart boys,” Gargamel smiled, flicking his radio on, “Flank secured,” he radioed the rest of the group.
Behind him, a path towards Jack Hammer had been opened up for somebody else to exploit
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82

User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 573
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Hans Greuber »

Quick Combat TW 20
Technowizardry +2 due Machine Maestro)
  • Tw: [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
    Extra Effort: [dice]2[/dice]
    Ace: [dice]3[/dice]
  • Result: 18 - Success and 3 Raises.
  • Serious Business - +2 to Result. You do not play around and do what you have to to ensure victory! Spending 4d6 Power Points and/or 6d6 Payload on top of above Rolls.
Grande Total: 20. Four Raises (+5): The warrior covers himself in glory! Scores of foes fall before him and his success inspires his allies to fight like demons. His efforts add +3 to his side’s successes and he emerges from the fight unscathed. In addition he reduce another player's Critical Failure result to a normal failure if he narrates how he interfered.
Total PPE Cost: [dice]4[/dice]=20
"You guys just don't know when to quit. Thanks, Hammer, for all the new equipment. We are trying to reform the Black Company, and these robots and other gear when added to the Glitter Boys and vehicles we already recovered are a good step in that direction. Lets talk more about this in person."

With that, Hans uses his Chrono-Accelerator on himself, slowing the passage of time and allowing him to move as a blur when heads towards the Hammers. Seeing the CEAL are more or less being handled, he focuses on his preferred targets, the Hammers. Just as a precaution, Hans engages his Structural Integrity field before he brings out his Sub-Quantum Self Transitioner, putting the crew of the first Spider Skull Walker out of commission. Turning to the second Spider Skull Walker, he notices Gargamel's handiwork as he sees smoke coming from its cockpit.

"Really, Gargamel? Do you know how much damage grenades do to the interior? Next time I am making YOU do the interior work. That is not even talking about the credits needed to replace the parts you damage when you do that!!! Wait for me andI will open the other Spider for you, and you can bring out the crew. WITHOUT DAMAGING IT!!! I will be getting Hammer ready for a nice talk with Alecto and myself."

With than, Hans then focuses his Sub-Quantum Self Transitioner on directly on Hammer and his bodyguards. As most of them fall down asleep, Hans takes out Satisfaction to mop up the survivors as he calmly walks up to the Spiders and the Hover Platform, ready to teleport up if it doesn't crash in the meantime.
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 20 / 50
  • Band of Healing: 2 / 10
    Band of Power: 2 / 10
    Wings of Icharus: 10 / 10
    Dreamtime: 0 / 5
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges:
Level Headed
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 7 /7
Created Gadgets:
None
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
[list][*]Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
[*]Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
[*]4 PPE per Hour to Charge
[*]Strength d12+2[/list]

Commonly Used Weapons:
  • "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
    • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
    • Shots: 40/40
    • RoF: 1
    • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
    • +2 to Shooting
  • "Dreamtime" (TW Revolver)
    • Damage: 2d6+2 AP4
    • Shots: 6/6, Can Fan the Hammer
    • +2 to Shooting
    • Trapping (Temporal Thought; Smarts Roll on Hit or Fatigue)
    • Power - Slumber with Temporal Thought Trapping)
    • +1 Die Shooting
Bennies: 1 / 3 + 1 Red (d8) Bennie
Base Amount
+2 for Hindrances (Loyal and Doesn't Swim)
+1 for RP
-1 to Soak Rocket
-1 for Extra Effort vs. Maelstorm Maker Dramatic Task
-1 for Extra Effort in Quick Combat vs. the Hammers
-1 for Extra Effort in First Round of Mystery in Lord of Hammer
-1 for Re-Roll on Lord of Hammer Closing the Rift


Toughness: 21 (11); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/ucp.php?i=pro ... =signature
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=2216

User avatar
Gargamel
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 am
Location: The Black Company

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Gargamel »

Hans Greuber wrote:"Really, Gargamel? Do you know how much damage grenades do to the interior? Next time I am making YOU do the interior work. That is not even talking about the credits needed to replace the parts you damage when you do that!!! Wait for me and I will open the other Spider for you, and you can bring out the crew. WITHOUT DAMAGING IT!!! I will be getting Hammer ready for a nice talk with Alecto and myself."
"Next time, I'll let it shoot you. Worry about salvage after it stops trying to kill us." Gargamel shot back over the radio

ooc
completely drained shard pistol and TX-26 Pistol and 3 PPE
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82

Lars
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1337
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Location: GM CS Disavowed
Contact:

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Lars »


Image

Ailbihe steps out of the large doorway of the cathedral and looks out at the army assembled.

"You boys sure know how to piss off people. Gods."

Her eyes close and she moves her hands about.

Suddenly her eyes open and she says, "Ha!"

One of the distant SAMAS implodes and drops to the ground a mess of metal and gore.

"Jackass."


OOC Comments
After VV gets a chance to post I will have a new GM post up.
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes!
Damien - Momano (Rifts: 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

3 Unused Character Accounts: Killian, Ashley & Dred

User avatar
Carlos Caravello
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:18 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: BC: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Carlos Caravello »

Shooting 9 Success with a Raise
Shooting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Benny: Extra Effort [dice]2[/dice]
Bonus to Ranged Attacks: +2
Penalty: -2
Result 9
Taking the cigar from Sammy Carlos heads down toward the fight but gets turned around in the cathedral and ends up in some sort of room where they keep supplies. A bunch of monks are there, and so is a bunch of wine used for ceremonies. Grabbing a bottle of wine he pops the cork and takes a big swig as the monks stare at him incredulously. Pouring the rest of the wine into his canteen Carlos looks at them, "If you think I'm sacrilegious, wait'll those Hammer mercenaries get in here. If you want to save your cathedral, let's fight!"

One of the monks steps forward and tells Carlos of old tunnels that come out in various places, including behind the enemy position. Nodding and smiling Carlos chomps on his cigar, "That's where we're going then." Busting through the tunnels, Carlos and his warrior monks (which would be a great band name) emerge behind the Hammers. Sending the monks to the flank so they can get in close Carlos opens fire raking his plasma bursts into the enemy's rear. Caught totally unawares even Hammer himself is caught in the blast, although he manages to shrug it off. However, Vello manages to take out their communications guys, send waves of disarray into the mercenary lines. In the confusion the monks descend on the flanks, incapacitating or capture a whole bunch of Hammers at once.

While they work the salty mercenary chomps on his cigar and sprays more hammers with plasma.

"I love the smell of plasma in the morning!"

Well at night and in the afternoon is good too.
Character Information
Carlos Caravello
Armored Stats: Strength d12+2; Pace: 8; Toughness: 20 (7), +2 Ranged Attacks, +2 Stealth (wilderness)
Bennies 4/4

User avatar
sammy
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by sammy »

Did Gargameal just deal with a flank all by himself? Meow, look at that he sure did. Sammy sits on top of a burnt out building watching the battle unfold and his companions in action, the clads are below him. The two TWs ha e a CEAL pinned on the ground while they pass a whirling device over its body. Diamond Clad has a jar filled with a pale moonlight shine in his other hand. Hans confronting his enemy turns Sammys attention away from the Clads. Hans just knocked out Hammer and his hammers. Sammy chuckles. A shadow moves behind him on the roof top. Caught unaware from behind a woman grabs hom by the s ruff of his neck.
The woman seeths and Sammy can't quiet see her. Hatred drips from her lips as she speaks, " Sammy! You little feline bastard. You could have been one of us!" With unnatural strength she tosses Sammy down into the Diamond Clads.
Thump!Sammy shakes himself off, untangling himself from the Clads and looks up at the building. The woman is gone!
Sammy
Parry:5, Toughness: 14(7), +2 shooting with armor on
ISP: 30/30
Active Powers: None:
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Weapon in Hand: Sunshine TW revolver
Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
  • +1 optional dream state
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
    -1 Fetetic hand to hand combat

User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Humble »

With the battle field cleared of enemy threats and no further direction Humble begins gathering some of the spoils, and dragging them into piles of relevant resources. Swords here, guns there, power armor here, the two sparkling robots he destroyed he puts in a separate pile as he remembers the others like the sparkling things. "Why would a man want to sparkle in battle? Maybe he should ask one of the others/ Nah, they would just keep talking and he wouldn't understand no point really." Finding a rail gun and a giant vibro sword still in good enough condition he decides it would be good to ask if he could keep it and looks over to Sammy, the closest member of the team. "Mine?"
After looking a while humble starts to get frustrated, with a name like Hammers, why did he not see any hammers on the battle field. He wanted a replacement hammer and could not find one, looking up again at who ever was closest he asks. "Wheres the hammers?"
Humble (Rob T)
Humble
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d12+3 (+6 when armored), Vigor d12+2
Charisma: -2; Pace: 7;
Skills of Note:
  • Fighting d12
  • Stubbornness (re-trapping of Faith) d6
  • Throwing d6
Edges of Note
  • Dirty Fighter Edge (HJ):
  • Arcane Background Miracles (HJ): Begins with Boost Trait & Warrior's Gift (His faith is one of War, Humble cannot disobey a superior in martial structures or turn away from a reasonable challenge)
  • Invulnerability (Iconic): Humble is invulnerable to Fear and Death. Regenerating instantly even from burning, beheading and dismemberment.
  • Fast Regeneration (Iconic): May make a Natural Recovery roll every turn at Vigor +2 (d12+4 normally)
  • Behemoth (Novice 1): Size 3, +2 to Grappling & Push rolls
  • Brawny (Novice 1): Size 4
Current Status
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble)
Toughness: 28 (8)
PPE: 15/15
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/0

Bennies: 3
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 Reward for helping GM with poll and post counts
    +0 Wash on EE and bonus benny in bottom of turn one with bone snake
    -3 Failed to hit bone snake monster
    -1 Extra Effort resist Puppet
    +2 Scene Bonus
    +1 Voluntary Fear Check

User avatar
sammy
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by sammy »

Humble wrote:With the battle field cleared of enemy threats and no further direction Humble begins gathering some of the spoils, and dragging them into piles of relevant resources. Swords here, guns there, power armor here, the two sparkling robots he destroyed he puts in a separate pile as he remembers the others like the sparkling things. "Why would a man want to sparkle in battle? Maybe he should ask one of the others/ Nah, they would just keep talking and he wouldn't understand no point really." Finding a rail gun and a giant vibro sword still in good enough condition he decides it would be good to ask if he could keep it and looks over to Sammy, the closest member of the team. "Mine?"
After looking a while humble starts to get frustrated, with a name like Hammers, why did he not see any hammers on the battle field. He wanted a replacement hammer and could not find one, looking up again at who ever was closest he asks. "Wheres the hammers?"
Sammy finished dusting himself off and nods to Diamond Clad. He looks at Humble with a small smile and says with a thick purr,"Meow my dear Humble, dear aspect of war. If you can lift it it is yours... Though I would not try to lift the black dragon. As for the Hammers..." Sammy gestures to them yonder where Hans is, " I suspect you will find them in a blissful slumber yonder. Meow your first instict might be to kill them, but what say we just releive them of their gear and let these fine folks at the OTO imprison them for a spell." Sammy pulls out two more cigars and flips one to Humble. With his own Sammy places on end into a nearby fire letting it smolder and then he takes a long sweet draw. " Just lit it on fire like so Humble. As long as we are not on some frozen world Thrudh seems to have nearly an inexahustable supply. Meow, there is no need to go kill the Hammers... Sure they will inevatably escape their imprisonment here in gloom, but they will certainly be the gift that keeps on giving. A month or two you will need a new mighty railgun and an even bigger sword, the Hammers, if you catch my drift, will provide." Sammy takes a small puff and eyes his big friend quizzically, " How did you get the name Humble anyway?"
Sammy
Parry:5, Toughness: 14(7), +2 shooting with armor on
ISP: 30/30
Active Powers: None:
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Weapon in Hand: Sunshine TW revolver
Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
  • +1 optional dream state
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
    -1 Fetetic hand to hand combat

User avatar
Thrudh Zebrem
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:57 am

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Thrudh Zebrem »

Thrudh strolls up, picking his way through the bloody aftermath of the fight. "Ain't inexhaustible. Just got my means. Buy in bulk. Got good relationships with my guy. Koobas are the best fer relaxin' after a big fight." He drags on a cigar, exhaling a very light, sweet scent, with hints of spice. "Now them Hammers yer talkin' 'bout, ain't the tools they carry. It's whats mounted on toppa their necks. Hammer heads. Ya don't get but one or two good whacks 'fore they're busted up an' ya gotta grab another. Figger yer good at grabbin' 'nother, Humble. Plenty of 'em 'round."
He peers around and makes sure no other Hammers are still stirring who haven't surrendered yet. Curtly, he blurts out. "Hm. Parts." He ambles over to the remains of one of the SAMAS suits. "Might need that."
Thrudh Zebrem
Thrudh Zebrem
Bennies: 6 (+1 interlude, +1 max post quarter reward, +1 Carlos joker, +1 Humble joker, -1 reroll grenade damage, -1 extra effort OTO QC, +1 LaForge, +1 QC CS prison, -1 EE Gloom QC, +2 for successful 1st round QC, -1 EE notice, -1 EE repair)
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
  • Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
    • Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
    • Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
  • Range 50/100/200
    Damage: 3d10, AP 0
    ROF 1, shots 20
    MD, Plasma, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Snapfire, 25 standard rounds
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
  • Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
  • Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Adventure card:
  • Spill the Beans - The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.
    Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Mountaineer Mk. 2
  • Light Railgun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
  • Mini Missile Launcher
    • Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
  • Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1
Edit Sig

User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Humble »

Listening to the small cat Humble decides he likes Sammy, especially as he shares a cigar with him. Normally not prime to being so long wonder Humble goes ahead and rambles on a bit to answer Sammy's question. "First owner named me before I killed him."

After the Grackletooth explains that there are no actual Hammer weapons it takes a few moments before Humble gets it, then in Friday at not getting the hammer he wanted Humble says. "Huh, wanted a hammer."
Humble (Rob T)
Humble
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d12+3 (+6 when armored), Vigor d12+2
Charisma: -2; Pace: 7;
Skills of Note:
  • Fighting d12
  • Stubbornness (re-trapping of Faith) d6
  • Throwing d6
Edges of Note
  • Dirty Fighter Edge (HJ):
  • Arcane Background Miracles (HJ): Begins with Boost Trait & Warrior's Gift (His faith is one of War, Humble cannot disobey a superior in martial structures or turn away from a reasonable challenge)
  • Invulnerability (Iconic): Humble is invulnerable to Fear and Death. Regenerating instantly even from burning, beheading and dismemberment.
  • Fast Regeneration (Iconic): May make a Natural Recovery roll every turn at Vigor +2 (d12+4 normally)
  • Behemoth (Novice 1): Size 3, +2 to Grappling & Push rolls
  • Brawny (Novice 1): Size 4
Current Status
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble)
Toughness: 28 (8)
PPE: 15/15
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/0

Bennies: 3
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 Reward for helping GM with poll and post counts
    +0 Wash on EE and bonus benny in bottom of turn one with bone snake
    -3 Failed to hit bone snake monster
    -1 Extra Effort resist Puppet
    +2 Scene Bonus
    +1 Voluntary Fear Check

Lars
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1337
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Location: GM CS Disavowed
Contact:

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Lars »

OOC Comments
Sorry, got distracted with life, deadlines and whatnot. You guys blew this combat out of the water!
The silence that descends on the Lake area of Gloom is almost deafening.

Slowly survivors crawl out to watch as a member (now highest ranking member) of the Hammers waves a white flag.

Lt. Lamar Burton, Glitter Boy, activates his loud speaker:

"Hold Fire! Hammers stand down. Enough. In the interest of survival and the almighty dollar, I defect to the Black Company. Any surviving Hammers should too."

Lt. Burton and the remaining Hammers gather and chat with the BC members, hoping to either part peacefully, or join the Black Company. They state that there is a warehouse in Gloom that they have been working out of and will invite you there to work out the details.
OOC Comments
* Work out details of hiring/merging forces in the Warehouse. Or here.


* Visit NE Weapons Rep if want to. http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=1590


Post away in those two locations.....in a little we will regroup at the Hotel. Wait to post that, I will put up a GM post of your arrival at the Hotel. http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1490


Hotel is Locked for now, coming soon, Thanks!!
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes!
Damien - Momano (Rifts: 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

3 Unused Character Accounts: Killian, Ashley & Dred

User avatar
Gargamel
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 am
Location: The Black Company

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Gargamel »

RFT wrote:Listening to the small cat Humble decides he likes Sammy, especially as he shares a cigar with him. Normally not prime to being so long wonder Humble goes ahead and rambles on a bit to answer Sammy's question. "First owner named me before I killed him."

After the Grackletooth explains that there are no actual Hammer weapons it takes a few moments before Humble gets it, then in Friday at not getting the hammer he wanted Humble says. "Huh, wanted a hammer."
Gargamel looked around at the corpses of the people he'd killed;

"I think you're fresh out of luck with this lot, unless you fancy picking up one of them and using them as a weapon." he laughed, before looking at Humble and wished that he hadn't made the joke.

"Humble, that was a joke. Don't actually do it. There are hammers we can buy that might be useful for you. Make everybody fall over."

Gargamel looked around at the hammers, getting an idea for what strength was left and making sure none of them wandered off with something they shouldn't.
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82

User avatar
Ndreare
Savage Siri
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Skagit County, Washington
Contact:

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Ndreare »

Looking at Gargamel Humble reading him Humble thinks for a minute before getting the joke. That would be funny. He has used people before as weapons and they are to poorly balanced to be effective, letting out a deep bellow if a laugh at how silly that would be too do twice Humble smiles and pats Gargamel on the back. What a great New brotherhood he has found. Not only do they accept him, without trying to make him a slave. But they are funny and useful in battle. "Brothers." He says so the others understand he likes them as well.

Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5; Mission: Get Revenge on Durrack
  • +6 Players
    +1 Sidekicks (Not counting Rust Bucket who is temporary out of play)
    -2 Benny for Special Ritual & Extra Effect
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    +1 Joker again
    -1 reroll not to fly away
    -1 Reroll to hit Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 Reroll to damage Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 New Card for Debrek to go before Thissok

Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4, Murder a man at his place of business]




Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative without rerolls.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*][b]Quick rerolls 16 or less[/b]
[*][b]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 24 or less (SWD only)[/b]
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]




  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

    3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

    4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

    6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

    9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

    11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

    12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Carlos Caravello
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:18 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Carlos Caravello »

"Switching sides?" Vello asks incredulously, Frakking mercenaries. Never fight to the death, someone else will collect your cheque."

Grunting to himself he flips up his faceplate and does another damage assessment from his experimental weapon while sipping cathedral wine from his flask. Lighting up a cigar while he looks over burn marks he smiles, too bad for the CS this baby was the only prototype. Lucky for everyone else.

Thinking back to his CS days forces Carlos to take another drink then quickly change the subject, "Hey gang, they got a warehouse. Let's go shopping!"
Character Information
Carlos Caravello
Armored Stats: Strength d12+2; Pace: 8; Toughness: 20 (7), +2 Ranged Attacks, +2 Stealth (wilderness)
Bennies 4/4

User avatar
sammy
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by sammy »

Sammy wanders to where the BC members are. He looks a bit erked by the surrender " Look I know I am just an outsider looking in here.... Last of the 2nd. But I'll be damned if these weak kneed mercs switch sides like that." Sammy goes over to one and puts his pistol in the mercs mouth. Snarling he says " Spill it or you will find out what your brain tastes like. How did you find Hans, who told you we were here and how did you come by so many of Giests pet soldiers?" Blamn! Sammy doesn't even give the merc a chance to say anything. He goes over to Lt. Burton and howls at him, " I am not going to even ask... Tell us everything, and we will let you live, but what level of consciousness is up to you and how truthful you are."
Fraking mercs and there almighty dollar. What is this goddamn Charlesbad?
OOC Comments
Note No mercs were harmed in the creation of the post.
Sammy
Parry:5, Toughness: 14(7), +2 shooting with armor on
ISP: 30/30
Active Powers: None:
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Weapon in Hand: Sunshine TW revolver
Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
  • +1 optional dream state
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
    -1 Fetetic hand to hand combat

User avatar
Thrudh Zebrem
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:57 am

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Thrudh Zebrem »

Thrudh chuckles at Vello's suggestion. "Don't mind if we do. Alright. Where's this ware..." He's cut short by Sammy's ruckus. "Whoa! Whoa whoa, Sammy! Holster that weapon! We don't execute nobody! OTO gets first call at judgment. Soldier, ya better tell that crazy cat what he wants ta know! I sure as scrag can't control him. Stand down, Sammy! Ya don't need ta carve this one up like the last time!"
If the cigar wasn't in the way, they might almost have been able to see Thrudh grinning.
Thrudh Zebrem
Thrudh Zebrem
Bennies: 6 (+1 interlude, +1 max post quarter reward, +1 Carlos joker, +1 Humble joker, -1 reroll grenade damage, -1 extra effort OTO QC, +1 LaForge, +1 QC CS prison, -1 EE Gloom QC, +2 for successful 1st round QC, -1 EE notice, -1 EE repair)
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
  • Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
    • Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
    • Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
  • Range 50/100/200
    Damage: 3d10, AP 0
    ROF 1, shots 20
    MD, Plasma, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Snapfire, 25 standard rounds
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
  • Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
  • Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Adventure card:
  • Spill the Beans - The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.
    Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Mountaineer Mk. 2
  • Light Railgun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
  • Mini Missile Launcher
    • Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
  • Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1
Edit Sig

User avatar
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Humble »

Watching Sammy with the mercs then seeing Thrudh say they don't execute prisoners Humble stops what he was about and thinks for a second. If you wanted them dead it would be better not to accept surrender, then there is more battle and it gives them a fair chance to run away. looking at Sammy and Thrudh here asks. "We fighting again?" Would I get another of these cigars, I like these, they are nice would be a shame to lose it. Just to fight these guys who already lost.
Humble (Rob T)
Humble
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d12+3 (+6 when armored), Vigor d12+2
Charisma: -2; Pace: 7;
Skills of Note:
  • Fighting d12
  • Stubbornness (re-trapping of Faith) d6
  • Throwing d6
Edges of Note
  • Dirty Fighter Edge (HJ):
  • Arcane Background Miracles (HJ): Begins with Boost Trait & Warrior's Gift (His faith is one of War, Humble cannot disobey a superior in martial structures or turn away from a reasonable challenge)
  • Invulnerability (Iconic): Humble is invulnerable to Fear and Death. Regenerating instantly even from burning, beheading and dismemberment.
  • Fast Regeneration (Iconic): May make a Natural Recovery roll every turn at Vigor +2 (d12+4 normally)
  • Behemoth (Novice 1): Size 3, +2 to Grappling & Push rolls
  • Brawny (Novice 1): Size 4
Current Status
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +1 to hit Humble)
Toughness: 28 (8)
PPE: 15/15
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/0

Bennies: 3
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 Reward for helping GM with poll and post counts
    +0 Wash on EE and bonus benny in bottom of turn one with bone snake
    -3 Failed to hit bone snake monster
    -1 Extra Effort resist Puppet
    +2 Scene Bonus
    +1 Voluntary Fear Check

User avatar
Icosa
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am
Location: 1st SET

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Icosa »

The slightly shimmering ghost-shape of Alecto resolved back into her usual armored appearance as she disengaged the chameleon surface of her suit. She surveyed the carnage for a moment, and the...captives? Recruits? Hm. There would have to be a strict vetting process. The Hammers had not been choosy about who they'd taken in.

"Do not judge them harshly for lacking loyalty," advised Alecto to the others. "Their former leader was not a person who treated others fairly. He maintained authority via intimidation and subjugation. Hans and I left before they started using implants to try to control behavior, but it is not a surprise to me that he would do such a thing."

"The Black Company and its personnel are better than that. We can win them over...those who are receptive at least."
OOC Comments
Bennies: 4/4 Red Bennies: 1
Toughness: 21 (9 armor), Parry 9
Notice: 1d8 (+2 visual)

Character Name: Alecto
Rank: Seasoned Experience: 45 Advances Left: 0
Race: Android
Iconic Framework: MARS Techno Warrior
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (d12+2), Vigor d8
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6 (8); Parry: 6 (9); Toughness: 11 (+2 in armor, and +7 armor)

Race Package:
Adaptable (2)
Construct (8)

Outsider (-1) (Applies when true robotic nature is revealed)
Distinctive (Concealable; a Wound reveals) (-1)
Restricted Path (No ISP/PPE) (-2)
Wanted (Major) (-2) (CS, Federation would destroy immediately; also mysterious creating faction hasn't forgotten her)
Dependency (Power) (-2)

Skills: 15 (5 fight/shoot/throw)
Shooting 1d10
Fighting 1d8 (1d12+2)
Investigation 1d6
Persuasion 1d6
Stealth 1d8
Streetwise 1d8
Notice 1d8

Hindrances
Clueless (Major - Is rebuilding knowledge of the world after having suffered near-total memory loss)
Stubborn (Minor - Has great confidence in ability to calculate outcomes; tends to reject counterarguments)
Cautious (Minor - Always wants to plan for every contingency; cover every angle)

Edges
Adaptable: Attractive
Upgradable
Brawny (+1 Toughness, 8x Str carrying)
Brave (+2 vs fear)
Ambidextrous (ignore offhand penalty)
Rich (5000creds at start, 2 rolls on gear tables)
Filthy Rich (20,000 at start, 3 more rolls)
Quick Draw (draw weapon as free action, +2 to Agility to fast-draw)
Two-Fisted (ignore multi-action penalty for using off hand)
Level-headed (draw two initiative cards and use best)
Sweep (Make single Fighting attack and apply to all adjacent targets at -2)
Rock and Roll (Ignore recoil penalties on full-auto shots)
Strong Willed (+2 to Taunt and Intimidate; +2 on Tests of Wills)
Elan (+2 on rolls resulting from using a Benny)
Improved Sweep (Fighting attacks made with Sweep suffer no penalty)

Upgrades (Cybernetics): (Max Strain: 12)
Core Electronics (1)
* Interface jack: +4 Repair or Common knowledge for linked equipment, 20 mile radio
Optics Package (1)
* +2 sight Notice, IR/Nightsight, 50x distance/20x macro, +2 vs blinding, record images
Reinforced Frame 2 (2)
* +4 Toughness
Enhanced Vigor 1 (1)
* +1d Vigor
Cyber-Wired Reflexes 1 (1)
* +1d Agility
Wired Chip Port (1)
* 4d skill chip (Fighting)
Targeting Eye (1)
* +2 Shooting on calibrated weapons
Nano-Repair System (2)
* Heal 1 Wound/day, +4 vs Bleeding Out
Built in Weaponry (1)
* 1 Vibroblade (purchased: 13,500)

Gear
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (2d6+1, AP4, RoF 1, 16eclip, 15/30/60, semiauto)
JA-11 Laser Rifle (3d6 laser or 3d6+1 ion, AP2, RoF 1, 60eclip, 30/60/120, can do MD for 10x shot power +snapfire, reduces range penalties by 2)
Vibro-Sword (Str+1d10 MD)
NG-E4 Plasma Ejector (3d10 MD, no AP, RoF 1, 12eclip, 24/48/96, snapfire, affects least-armored location, can ignite)
NE-85 Personal Rail Gun
Range: 70/140/280
Damage: 2d10+4
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: 75,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.
SFD Huntsman Armor (+3 armor mod)

The Fury - Signature Item
Exoskeleton Body Armor
+2 toughness, +9 armor
Pace +2
Str 1d12+2
Full environment
Loudspeaker, 10 mile radio, laser rangefinder, nightvision
Min str d8
96 hours operation on full charge

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations

User avatar
sammy
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by sammy »

Alecto wrote:The slightly shimmering ghost-shape of Alecto resolved back into her usual armored appearance as she disengaged the chameleon surface of her suit. She surveyed the carnage for a moment, and the...captives? Recruits? Hm. There would have to be a strict vetting process. The Hammers had not been choosy about who they'd taken in.

"Do not judge them harshly for lacking loyalty," advised Alecto to the others. "Their former leader was not a person who treated others fairly. He maintained authority via intimidation and subjugation. Hans and I left before they started using implants to try to control behavior, but it is not a surprise to me that he would do such a thing."

"The Black Company and its personnel are better than that. We can win them over...those who are receptive at least."
Sammy lifts the gun a few inches away from Burton's visor. He cocks an eye at Alecto amd Thrudh, " Partner, this has really stuck in my craw... Fair weathered friends cannot be trusted. I just could not trust my life to someone who did not have any more convictions than their own survival and the almighty dollar..." Sammy shakes his head furriously, "Charlesbad... I cannot forget the lesson learned there. What happens when an enemy offers them more money than we? No... No... " Sammy rubs his gun along the side of the face of Burton. " What happens soldier when the enemies almighty dollar is more than ours, and we are outnumbered 20 to 1? You cut and run, yes? What is the going rate of beytral?" Sammy lets out a content purr, " Just give me a wink or a nod Lt. Burton and I'll unload this smoke wagon and save you the trouble of our inevatble outcome.".
Sammy gives Humble a smile. Not yet big guy, not yet... Maybe lift that little scrawny ex hammer and pull on his arms.
Intimidation 8
Intimidation untrained -2, strong willed +2
[dice]0[/dice] Ace [dice]2[/dice] EF Benny [dice]3[/dice]Wild [dice]1[/dice]
+2 from Elan gets an 8
Sammy
Parry:5, Toughness: 14(7), +2 shooting with armor on
ISP: 30/30
Active Powers: None:
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Weapon in Hand: Sunshine TW revolver
Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
  • +1 optional dream state
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
    -1 Fetetic hand to hand combat

User avatar
Gargamel
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 am
Location: The Black Company

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Gargamel »

Gargamel leaned into speak to Hans

"How many of these people have the brain bombs?" he asked the greedy dwarf, "If its most of them, then that would explain the sudden wish to change sides. Of course, we have to ensure that Hammer doesn't activate them."
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82

Lars
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1337
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 am
Location: GM CS Disavowed
Contact:

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Lars »


Remaining 14 Hammers in Gloom, now part of Black Company, if you want to hire them (or team up for now):
  • 2 GB pilots - one of which is the new ranking Hammer. Lt. Lamar Burton - who surrendered the Hammers to you.
  • 2 Full Conversion Cyborgs
  • 1 D'Norr Line Walker (Hyde)
  • 2 Juicers
  • 1 Crazie
  • 1 Body Fixer (Chuck)
  • 1 Operator
  • 4 Wilderness Scouts (1 is a Psi Stalker)
Lt. Burton looks very uncomfortable. I mean a cat is basically marking his territory on the man. Sweating and looking pale the former Hammers Officer grumbles.

"Look ... cat. Ask Hans or that woman, Alecto, Jack Hammer was a hard ass, mofo killer. His outfit paid well, and loyalty was assured. Only Hyde, our red devil looking mage there doesn't have a bomb in his head. Hammer is dead, you all kilt him good, let Chuck, our medic, get these bombs out of our heads tonight, back at the warehouse, and we will fight this Giest with you. She hired Hammer to take you out, but, we'll join you in purging Gloom of the bitch. Then we can split, or work out a way to be Black Hammers or something. What I am say'n is, let us live, let us get our heads right, we join you for the fight. Then we see."

Looking unwell he glances at the others with a look of please get the mad cat away from me.
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes!
Damien - Momano (Rifts: 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

3 Unused Character Accounts: Killian, Ashley & Dred

User avatar
Gargamel
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 am
Location: The Black Company

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Gargamel »

Rolls carried

Gargamel leaned over and whispered to Sammy

"Can you read their minds to find out if they are genuine?" he suggested, "maybe make it seem that you are giving them a last once over. We need to know if there are potential traitors in that group. Make it seem like I'm telling you to back off them."
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82

User avatar
Carlos Caravello
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:18 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Carlos Caravello »

Knowing there's big fight coming up Carlos mulls over the Hammers' offer of surrender, "We could use the guns...maybe let them go and keep those Glitterboys, those bad boys can take out a lot of undead mofos at long range. We should also wait and see what they got at their warehouse before making a final call. We might need them to operate the equipment. Easiest way to make sure they don't bail is put them on the front line. The enemy in front and us behind will motivate them to fight."
Character Information
Carlos Caravello
Armored Stats: Strength d12+2; Pace: 8; Toughness: 20 (7), +2 Ranged Attacks, +2 Stealth (wilderness)
Bennies 4/4

User avatar
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 573
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: The Black Company

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Hans Greuber »

Carlos Caravello wrote:"Switching sides?" Vello asks incredulously, Frakking mercenaries. Never fight to the death, someone else will collect your cheque."
"Carlos, some may have joined, then were implanted with the Brain Bombs and not allowed to leave at the end of their previously agreed upon contract. Hammer was known for changing the agreements in his favor after agreeing to them. I say we get those Brain Bombs out of them, then give them a chance to earn their freedom by fighting with us against Geist. I do agree with keeping them between us and the enemy to reduce the chance of them fleeing or re-enlisting with Geist mid-battle. Their performance in the upcoming battle will dictate any positions they may or may not get in the Black Company or even if their earlier activities under Geist's contract with the Hammers will be forgiven by the citizens of Gloom."

"We could use your help in the upcoming battle, but only if we can trust you. Otherwise, it would be easier to just release you with some personal arms and armor and let you on your way; brain bombs removed by your own man, Chuck. Looking over you, I can see a few that I remember from my days in the Hammers. Most of you that I remember, I don't want in the Black Company because of your behavior that I witnessed. You will not be leaving with any of the vehicles and heavy armaments. That now belongs to the Black Company. I think, however, that ALL of you should be given a chance to prove yourselves in battle against Geist. It will give you a chance to earn forgiveness from the citizens of Gloom for any... lets say indiscretions... that you may have committed during your stay here. That also may allow you to join another company and continue on."

"Humble, I don't believe we will be fighting these guys today. If you want a NICE Hammer, I will just need some time and a bunch of credits and I believe I may be able to fix one up that you will love. It will have to go on my list of stuff to make. If we can find another Techno-Wizard who will take custom orders, I can translate your preferences into some technical descriptions that he can base it off of."
Hans Greuber
Main Character: Merlaggon
PPE: 20 / 50
  • Band of Healing: 2 / 10
    Band of Power: 2 / 10
    Wings of Icharus: 10 / 10
    Dreamtime: 0 / 5
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges:
Level Headed
OOC Comments
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 7 /7
Created Gadgets:
None
Armor: Dwarven Technosmith (TW) H-1 Combat Armor
[list][*]Structural Integrity Field (Armor Power; Self Only; Free Action; 3/6 PPE)
[*]Exceptional Rapid Recharge (1 PPE per 5 Minutes)
[*]4 PPE per Hour to Charge
[*]Strength d12+2[/list]

Commonly Used Weapons:
  • "Satisfaction" (TW P-40 Particle Beam Cannon)
    • Damage: 3d8+5 AP6 MD.
    • Shots: 40/40
    • RoF: 1
    • Sound (Deafness) Trapping
    • +2 to Shooting
  • "Dreamtime" (TW Revolver)
    • Damage: 2d6+2 AP4
    • Shots: 6/6, Can Fan the Hammer
    • +2 to Shooting
    • Trapping (Temporal Thought; Smarts Roll on Hit or Fatigue)
    • Power - Slumber with Temporal Thought Trapping)
    • +1 Die Shooting
Bennies: 1 / 3 + 1 Red (d8) Bennie
Base Amount
+2 for Hindrances (Loyal and Doesn't Swim)
+1 for RP
-1 to Soak Rocket
-1 for Extra Effort vs. Maelstorm Maker Dramatic Task
-1 for Extra Effort in Quick Combat vs. the Hammers
-1 for Extra Effort in First Round of Mystery in Lord of Hammer
-1 for Re-Roll on Lord of Hammer Closing the Rift


Toughness: 21 (11); Parry: 4; Pace: 7 / (5)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/ucp.php?i=pro ... =signature
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=2216

User avatar
Thrudh Zebrem
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:57 am

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Thrudh Zebrem »

Thrudh nods at Carlos. "Vello's right. We're gonna need bodies in this fight. I ain't gonna hold it against a merc to see a sour contract and want ta turn, 'specially when face ta face with the Big Bad Black Company. We're that fraggin' good."

He punctuates his pride in the Black's skill and swagger with a smoke ring.

"Hansie, you and Alecto split, too. Just didn't happen ta be in the middle a' fightin'. I ain't mad at ya fer doin' it, neither. Ya done it fer the right reasons. These jokers came ta their senses, better late 'stead a' never. Plus, scrag, they got brain bombs, what're ya gonna do when someone else has their finger on the trigger? I vote fer any Hammer what wants ta earn a spot in the Black gets prepped and ready fer a big fight. Them 'at survive get a chance ta submit fer a job with the BC. Contract conditional on not bein' scumbags and dirtyin' the Black Company name. Fair enough?"

He turns to Sammy. "Sammy, yer right. That's the kicker of a mercenary contract. There's always someone willin' ta offer more. 'less ya find a place that's more'n a job. Find a home, find a family, find a fair employer, an' the details of a higher payin' contract get less appealin'. I might'a been able ta pull a sweeter payin' contract than what Blackwell could pay, but he never put us on a job we'd feel sour 'bout, an' never lorded over us. An' I didn't have ta detonate kids or nothin'. Black Company was more'n a job. They're my family."

He takes a deep drag on his cigar, and lets it out slow. "The family makes the difference, pal. Might be, some a' these jokers ain't never known nothin' but violence an' hurt. Hammers don't sound like they did nothin' but build on that. Black Company shows 'em somethin' different, somethin' better, they might just surprise ya."

He looks around. "BC, whaddy'all say? Hammers warehouse fer shoppin' an' skull session?"
Thrudh Zebrem
Thrudh Zebrem
Bennies: 6 (+1 interlude, +1 max post quarter reward, +1 Carlos joker, +1 Humble joker, -1 reroll grenade damage, -1 extra effort OTO QC, +1 LaForge, +1 QC CS prison, -1 EE Gloom QC, +2 for successful 1st round QC, -1 EE notice, -1 EE repair)
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
  • Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
    • Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
    • Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
  • Range 50/100/200
    Damage: 3d10, AP 0
    ROF 1, shots 20
    MD, Plasma, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Snapfire, 25 standard rounds
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
  • Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
  • Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Adventure card:
  • Spill the Beans - The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.
    Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Mountaineer Mk. 2
  • Light Railgun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
  • Mini Missile Launcher
    • Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
  • Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1
Edit Sig

User avatar
sammy
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by sammy »

Gargamel wrote:Rolls carried

Gargamel leaned over and whispered to Sammy

"Can you read their minds to find out if they are genuine?" he suggested, "maybe make it seem that you are giving them a last once over. We need to know if there are potential traitors in that group. Make it seem like I'm telling you to back off them."
Sammy blows out a puff of smoke. He grins at Gargamel, " Give me 5 hours, a bottle of wiskey, 4 chairs, that fancy blade you carry, and an apple pie... I'll have them singing like a choir."
Sammy
Parry:5, Toughness: 14(7), +2 shooting with armor on
ISP: 30/30
Active Powers: None:
Combat Edges:
  • Level Headed
Other Edges of note:
  • Elan
Skills:
  • Notice d6
  • stealth d8
[/list]
Weapon in Hand: Sunshine TW revolver
Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
  • +1 optional dream state
    +1 High post rate
    +1 F and G
    -1 Skill trick
    -1 hell pillars
    -1 Fetetic hand to hand combat

User avatar
Thrudh Zebrem
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:57 am

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Thrudh Zebrem »

Thrudh squints at Sammy. "What the scrag ya gonna do with the pie?"
Thrudh Zebrem
Thrudh Zebrem
Bennies: 6 (+1 interlude, +1 max post quarter reward, +1 Carlos joker, +1 Humble joker, -1 reroll grenade damage, -1 extra effort OTO QC, +1 LaForge, +1 QC CS prison, -1 EE Gloom QC, +2 for successful 1st round QC, -1 EE notice, -1 EE repair)
Edges: Ace, Combat Ace, McGyver, Quick, Alertness, Steady Hands, Battle Hardened, Nerves of Steel, Brave
Pace: 6
Parry: 5
Toughness: 17(6) Triax T-13
Modified Triax T-13
  • Armor +6
    Toughness +2
    Full Environmental Protection
    Laser Torch
    • Range: 4/8/16
      Damage 3d6 MD, AP 3
      ROF: 1
    Robot arm
    • Reach 1
      Strength d6
      Laser cutter finger: 1d4 damage
    +2 Repair checks
    Targeting system: +2 ranged combat rolls
Weapon in hand: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
  • Range 50/100/200
    Damage: 3d10, AP 0
    ROF 1, shots 20
    MD, Plasma, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Snapfire, 25 standard rounds
Weapon in tail: NE-45 6 shots
  • Range: 10/20/40
    Damage: 3d8, AP 4
    ROF 1, Payload 6
    MD, Str req d8, Intimidating Weapon, Revolver, 36 CI rounds
Weapon on back: Portable Rocket Launcher
  • Range: 50/100/200
    Damage: 5d6 MD, SBT, AP 6
    ROF 1
Adventure card:
  • Spill the Beans - The subject of your questioning tells you everything you want to know, whether by friendly persuasion, intimidation, or force.
    Flesh Wound - Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-Shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current "scene” (typically a combat or immediately thereafter).
Mountaineer Mk. 2
  • Light Railgun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 2d10+4 MD, AP 10
      ROF 3, payload 45
  • Mini Missile Launcher
    • Range 100/200/400
      Damage: 5d6 MD SBT, AP 6
      ROF 1, payload 12
  • Medium Laser
    • Range: 150/300/600
      Damage: 3d10 MD, AP 10
      ROF 1
Edit Sig

User avatar
Gargamel
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 am
Location: The Black Company

Re: EAST GLOOM (The Lake)

Post by Gargamel »

rolls carried

He looked at Sammy and held up his sword to his face.

“You really don’t want to use this for interrogation purposes. That might not end well. Let’s retire to this warehouse. We can regroup and get out of the mud and you can interrogate them if Thrudh lets you. Not sure about the apple pie though. You’ve just made me hungry.”
OOC Comments
http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=344

Parry 7, Toughness 14(7)
Armed with Battle Fury Blade, Shard Pistol and Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol,

Also Conrad

http://savagerifts.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=82

Post Reply

Return to “The City of Gloom”