Mission 2: The Long Road

Locked
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1985
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Mission 2: The Long Road

Post by Venatus Vinco » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:09 pm

Just Another Day at Castle Refuge
After the briefing the members of “the first” go their separate ways to prepare for their next mission. After getting his optics systems re-calibrated Timothy takes a few moments to spar with their newest recruit, the four-armed-two-winged Gale. While the Lyn-Srial is all bluster when he talks his swordsmanship is decent. Both Gale and Timothy agree that in a real fight it wouldn’t be swords but cosmic psychic powers against high velocity rail gun rounds. Fortunately for all the innocent bystanders - this isn’t a real fight.

Merlaggon and Cory explore the castle and surrounding town to see the sights and get something to eat. Most people seem in awe of Merlaggon in dragon form but are very accepting of his child like curiosity and ignorance. Even in human form his naivety is apparent - but there are so many newcomers and dimensional travellers at the castle that strange customs are nothing unusual.

In the cafeteria Fell's antics cause some new recruits to jump out of their skin, while some odl mercs i nthe corner giggle at the sight. A few twitchy types actually draw their guns at the clatter but quickly, and sheepishly, holster them when they see what's happening.

Down in the vehicle bay Qooat takes care of the Mountaineer and draws up some plans for improvements. It’s not his most inspired work and he’ll probably have to rethink some of his designs later, but he is sure the electrical systems will handle what he wants to do. After a while Sir Sayeen and Crunch (adonred in some new clothes) stop by to help load supplies and do anything else needed to get ready.

Gearing Up
After Fell and Timothy call everyone back together the group ands at the Quartermaster pretty much just in time to see Merlaggon speaking Dragonese - the language of elves - to a very flustered dwarf! The contrast between the tiny humanoid and the large dragon is funny enough, but to see the dwarf sputter just adds to the situation. Fortunately Cory intervenes and the team is able to get their supplies for the mission.

In addition to rations for two weeks, everyone is issued a legion radio with earpiece, an NG-S2 survival pack, and an IRMSS medical kit. Ammo drums and e-clips are reloaded for everyone too.

Merlaggon finally gets his large sized legion uniform as well as approrpaite sized Huntsman Lightweight Personal Armor, a Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, and - thankfully for all involved - a portable Translator*.

Cory and Qooat are issued Grade II Field Computer for various admin work, as well as supporting the Community Outreach Team in Hammond.

Fell is issued a Holo-Display Communicator that has decent range while the smash brothers, Crunch and Timothy, are given two extra drums for their railguns. Sir Sayeen and Gale are pretty self-sufficient, but Gale does manage to score some of the salvaged chain swords to use in melee combat.

As the group gets ready to move out Cory she tries to make Timothy see a large pink bunny in diapers tickling Fell. Fortunately (or unfortunately) the cyborg seems oblivious to her trickery. Either he’s very resistant or too stupid to fall for it. Cory will have to make her own conclusions.

*Translator: Programmed with the most common languages spoken in North America, this handheld device operates with a d12+2 skill for most translation work. It can be set to operate via digital display or audio. Use the same process as for the cybernetic Language Translator to teach the system new languages.

Interlude
It turns out that getting to Hammond is no picnic. The city is primarily designed to be approached by boat from Lake Michigan. The straightest overland route requires driving straight through the CS States of Missouri and Chi-Town. Hardly a desirable option! Instead it's a long slog: First North to Kingsdale, then across to Whykin, from there to MercTown then north through the no-man's land between Chi-Town and Federation of Magic territory (essentially following the old Illinois/Indiana border). There are at least trade roads between Kingsdale/Whykin/MercTown but after that it's a rugged wilderness. The total trip will be about 720 miles over half of it being through wilderness areas.

OOC:
Given this long travel there will be some encounters along the way but I thought our first post could be a little more fun by having each player's post be a variation of an Interlude (SWDE page 105). Each player gets a playing card, the suit determines the setting, the value determines the "hook". Write a long-ish post that describes what happens to your character along the way. These posts will add 1 or 2 bonus xp to next quarter's total!

Setting
Clubs - Whykin
Spades - Wilderness
Hearts - MercTown
Diamonds - Kingsdale

Number
A-5 - Remember the time when?
6-10 - Where Am I?
J-K - Fancy meeting you here!
Joker! - What the hell did I eat?

These stories can be new memories that the group can later recount or dive deeply into the character's background.

Fell: 8C
Timothy: 8H
Cory: 2S
Merlaggon: 5C
Sayeen: 8S
Qoot: KC
Crunch: QS
Gale: 8D
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Sayeen Gabbersleaf
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

Post by Sayeen Gabbersleaf » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:28 pm

Sir Sayeen sees a dense forest, mist creeps slowly across the ground. He looks to his left and then too his right, he is alone. They probably forgot me… Again. He smiles, They always like to have fun with the “Old Man”. He frowns when he realizes his armor is missing. His eye’s narrow as he tries to focus on what is around him. Tall pines, check. Low lying fog check. Not much else . He hears an eerie growl, and a long sharp shriek.
He rubs his eyes trying to wake up his old bones.
He grumbles softly, "Something about this seems familiar, a sense of Déjà vu has overcome me.” He gets up only dressed in his skivvies, the mist swirls around becoming a dense fog. Confused he fights through it moving quickly through the forest trying to find an area where it does not permeate.
SPLASH! He runs out of the forest barely seeing where he is going and plunges ankle deep into the sandy bank of a slow moving river. The fog lifts and he sees on the other side fleeting images of cottages, and folk tending to their chores while other’s are enjoying a bit of free time at the water’s edge. It’s almost like he is seeing a time before the Rifts when life was simple and full of joy. Sayeen fails to notice the images flickering in and out of existence as he is too wrapped up enjoying a living memory! He sees a large family at one of the cottages with a smoker bbq getting ready for diner. He smiles knowing what was coming. A man, maybe about 50ish, opens the smoker and pulls out a perfect tri-tip. The man looks similar to Sir Sayeen, except Sayeen has several more years on him.
Papa… Breathes Sayeen enraptured by the vivid image. The family eats and laughs like they do not have care in the world. Sayeen’s smile falters. This is just about when the demons came down the river and ravaged our home. Oddly no demons came and the scene continued exuding joy. A tear rolled down Sayeen’s cheek.
No! It wasn’t this way. My family and friends never had a chance to finish that Tri-tip. The demons showed up, and ripped them apart. Only papa and I survived that day.
Sayeen shook with fury at the sadness he had been forced to re-live. A loud shriek echoed in the distance as if coming over a mountain range.
This has happened to me before! Just south of Braxton, one of my very first legion missions: a psychic mimic! A another shriek echoed in his mind.
His eyes drifted open, he feels a bit tired like he had just been on night watch. I had gone down to the river to get some water for the group. I saw a nice cottage at the river’s edge. Before I could radio a rocking chair sitting on the porch caught my eye. Just rocking back and forth, just the kind I like, beckoning to me to sit and relax. He looks down and sees instead of a well used rocking chair he is sitting in the black ichor grasp of the ever shifting blobular mass of a mimic. Sir Sayeen struggles to get loose from the mimic’s grasp, and just before he produces his psychic maul to help him escape, the mimic lets go. Sir Sayeen turns around to face his abductor and sees himself looking back at him.
Well that explains the stories of Papa Gabbers; An errant cyber knight coming hither and thither unexpected. Some rumors in the south west claim he is a bit of a hero.
“ So that’s it then? You just need my memories and a bit of psychic energy?
The Sayeen creature looks back at him blankly; it says only one word in a low growl, “Gabbers.” The creature slowly backs away from him clearly wanting to get on its way. Sir Sayeen nods understanding and in a no-nonsense tone says, “ The moment you do harm I will find and end you.” The mimic had already vanished into the forest without a trace. Sir Sayeen picks up the bucket and fills it with water. His eyes squint. Didn’t we bring water with us? And what is Timothy going to do with a bucket of it? “Old Man” indeed!
Sayeen Gabbersleaf
ISP :30/2
Active Psionic Powers: None
    Pace: 7/7; Parry: 8 ,; Toughness: 13/13(6); Notice D8, Stealth D6,
    Worn Armor:
    • Cyber Knight medium armor(TW): +6Armor, +1 toughness
    • Cyber Armor: +2 toughness
    Weapon in Hand: Psychic Maul: 1d4 +3d10 AP 8
    Combat Abilities
    • improved dodge: -2 ranged attack, +2 to evade area affect attacks when appropriate
    • Cyberkenetic Combat: -2 to hit if attack is purely technology based
    • Champion: +2 damage & toughness vs supernatural evil
    • Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs creatures size 3 and larger
    OOC Comments
    Bennies:2 Spent:2
    -reroll to avoid brain burn
    -reroll fighting attck vs beasty in power plant
    +1 for group posting quickly
    Adventure deck cards: Cutting in Line: 3 initiative cards
    Accounts: Sayeen (primary), Iron Tick (secondary)

    User avatar
    Cory Tetrascroll
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron
    Posts: 275
    Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

    Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

    Post by Cory Tetrascroll » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:07 am

    Notice: 1d8+2 = 9: 7 Wild Die 1d6 = 1: 1
    Wounds: 0 | PPE: 20/20 | ISP: 20/20
    Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
    Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)
    Bennies: 3
    ImageImageImage

    1. Psionics 1d8 = 7: 7 Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace: 1d6 = 1: 1 Total: 7

    2. Psionics 1d8 = 8: 8 Ace: 1d8 = 4: 4Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace: 1d6 = 3: 3 Total: 12

    3. Psionics 1d8 = 3: 3 Wild 1d6 = 1: 1

    4. Psionics 1d8 = 7: 7 Wild 1d6 = 4: 4

    5. Psionics 1d8 = 6: 6 Wild 1d6 = 5: 5


    Cory enjoys traveling. Flying the wingboard is an amazing feeling. It's silent. The wind seems to welcome her, rustling her cloaks and robes as she maneuvers through the air. The visibility is fantastic. There's no cockpit or canopy, and a quick tilt left or right gives an unrestricted view of the terrain blocked by the wings.

    Still, the country they travel through first recalls a memory, one she relives from a bird's eye view. Perhaps that's a defense against how close she was to actually being caught. Or disconnecting herself from the first time she used her magic to kill another human being. Either way, for the first hundred miles out of Castle Refuge she is even more sullen than usual.

    For her entertainment, she keeps trying to get the illusion to work. Always a pink bunny in diapers, and always doing something ridiculous. If she does get that borg, she moves on to harassing the other one.
    Leaves swirled in little eddies of wind across the ruined road. The moving air was blocked and redirected by fallen logs and rubble lying on the broken asphalt. Some flat spots remained where the black-grey surface was still visible beneath the debris. Dusk was setting in and the light quality highlighted the color and depth like a photographic filter. The warmth of the Sun was offset by chill in the breeze.It was not the worst place to camp, if camp was set in the crook of a ragged tree or a broken corner of an old building.


    A small figure struggled to navigate the area, casting around looking for the perfect spot. The large wingboard she carried kept snagging on things. Each time brought a mild curse accompanied by a quick jerk to free the flying device. She seemed satisfied by a small gap below a fallen slab of concrete.


    It was overgrown with weeds and moss and looked more like a aged forest boulder than a man made object. Inside the lean-to structure it formed, there was something stagnant filling the air with a dank smell. A film of green slime covered the ceiling above, radiating a slight luminescence as the light outside failed.


    The salient feature of this space was not its amenities. The figure crawled inside, with some room to spare, and then drew the wingboard all the way in until it was completely concealed. She poked her masked and hooded head out of the hole and did a quick look around before withdrawing back inside. She seemed to push her oilcloth pack against the entry, partially blocking the way.


    Inside the young woman, Cory, removed her hood and mask. Despite the smell she breathed deep. There was a red ring along her nose and cheeks from the filtration device. She had been wearing it for two days. This was her first break. Her first chance to stop running and catch her breath. She huddled inside the little artificial cave and just rocked back and forth for a while.


    It was not that she was terrified. She was frightened, and that was only sensible. For days now she had been on the run. Unlike the time her town was destroyed, this time she knew exactly who it was that was chasing her. First it had been the True Federation, but just as she lost them, a Coalition patrol had picked her up.


    Just as her thoughts touched on the chase, she heard the roar of Skycycles overhead. Cory hoped she had chosen a hiding spot likely to deceive her pursuers sensors and optics. She hoped. The cold, damp earth and 18” of concrete between her and their prying eyes. She had to risk it. She needed sleep, desperately. She was too weak to cast any spells and even too weak to fly the wingboard.


    She slept. She slept too long. It was night again when she woke. Cory was disoriented at first. As she adjusted to the deep darkness (her eyes did not need to adjust from dark to dark) and felt around the confines of the shelter. She was damp and cold. She could not risk a fire for warmth, so she tried to giver herself some energy. Digging through her pack she grabs some ration bars. They were roughly pemmican bars, but the couple that made them put some spices and herbs in them that weren’t from native earth plants. As she chewed and chewed warmth returned to her chilled limbs. Her spirits started to lift.


    She pulled the backpack out of the opening and peered out. It was silent and very dark, the Moon was hidden. Cory could still feel it still there behind the clouds and that gave her comfort. Gathering up gear she abandoned the shelter. She dragged the wingboard out to a clear spot nearby.


    The night was very cold. There was no frost on the ground, yet. The crisp air was a sharp contrast to the dank cave she had sheltered in. She breathed it in and then put her air filter back on. Cinching the straps on her pack she settled it into place before throwing her top cloak over. She tied that down with a cord around her waist. With her layers of robes and cloaks and lumpy pack, Cory looked more like some hunchbacked bogey than a young human mystic.


    She sat down on the wingboard, wiggling her feet into the stirrups. She lifted the control yoke and closed her eyes briefly. The board rose into the air with only the faintest of shimmer. It was absolutely silent. Cory gained altitude rapidly leveling off at the treetops. She skimmed just above the heads of the trees easily gliding out of the way of the tallest that broke above the rest.


    She knew she was vulnerable out in the open. It was a risk worth taking, she did not have enough supplies even for a flying journey. So she pushed the speed of the wingboard. Despite the darkness, she was confident in her flying.


    She did not have any high tech sensors, she just had her highly tuned mystical ones. They warned her just in time too. She twisted her magic flyer to her left out of instinct just in time for an energy blast to rip through the sky behind her. Cory cursed under her mask and angled into the trees. The woods were dense here and she almost snagged the craft before jerking it back up skyward. The Skycycle was making a quick turn to come around for another pass.


    Cory had tried to run, tried to hide, and they would not give up. She sighed. Instead of running she turned towards the Skycylce. She raced towards it as it completed its turn. She could see the pilot. She squinted her eyes and then thrust forward her right hand. The rosary around her wrist rattled. Bolts of magic did not shoot from her hands. But a hole in the clouds appeared and before the Coalition pilot knew what was happening he was pierced by silver-gold beams of power loaned to Cory from the Sun. The beams seared the pilot, burning him from within. His black armor glowed faintly from the heat. The pilot slumped in the seat and the high tech performance machine spiraled out of control, crashing into the forest below.


    That was like sending off a signal flare, Cory knew. She was in more danger now. More will be on the way. And they were much faster than she was. Her choices were to give up and be killed by the Coalition bigots or to run and trust to hope. She did not feel much hope at the moment, but she felt a lot less like dying. So she poured all her remaining magic into her light craft. Speed was her best weapon now.


    She knew they were coming. She could feel it. They would start shooting any second now. They never did. She risked a glance over her shoulder. Three Skycycles were turning around. What could that mean? she thought.


    Clearing a small rise answered that question. There, standing proud in the pastoral landscape was her destination.


    She had reached Castle Refuge.

    Cory Tetrascroll
    PPE: 8/25 | ISP: 5/25 | Bennies: 0
    Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
    Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
    Worn Armor:
    Custom CK Armor:
    [list]+6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport[/list]
    Overcoat:
    [list]+1 Toughness[/list]
    Talisman of Marduk:
    [list]+1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance[/list]
    Weapon in Hand:
    (Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
    [list]Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver[/list]
    (Left) TW Club:
    [list]Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry[/list][/OOC]
    edit signature
    "all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
    "This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."

    User avatar
    Gale Wingstorm
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:19 am

    Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

    Post by Gale Wingstorm » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:11 pm

    "...And that's how I got thirteen juicers on a tricycle. All for charity of course. With the funds we managed to rebuild the orphanage better than ever! Though we never did figure out if the orphanage actually did attack the warlock first..."

    Gale trails off in to deep chested laughter and slaps his knee, his pleasure at hearing his own voice and apparent wit is evident as his feathers ruffle. He lets out a satisfied whistle.

    Before anyone can interject he takes a breath and continues his monologue, "and that reminds me of another time when I unexpectedly ended up in Kingsdale. I had other plans, but sometimes you've just got to go with the flow, youknowhatImean?

    "Anyway, I was travelling with a group of mercenaries who had been hired to protect and transport this giant diamond, biggest one you ever saw, I mean seriously, it was the size of your head. Some technowizard needed it to power a new experimental device.

    "So one evening our group happens along this travelling circus and we figure 'why not take in a little entertainment?' I mean, we were going to check out the fairway, catch a performance, and find somewhere to sleep nearby later. One thing leads to another an one of the fellas in my team, gunslinger by the name of Billy, ends up in debt at the roulette wheel. Good guy, Billy, but none too bright.

    "Of course, there wasn't much the circus could have done to enforce payment, the mercs I was travelling with weren't pushovers. Even so, they were gonna' try. So I see which way the wind was blowing and decide to intervene. I mean, there were children and animals around, and everyone was packing some serious firepower. So I decide to smooth talk the ringmaster, a real pretty chick by the name of Harmony. She couldn't resist my charms."
    He slicks his crown back and pauses for half a second before continuing.

    "Turns out she had a friend, needed something from Kingsdale, and this was 105', shit was going down. Said they would let ol' Billy off the hook if we could retrieve this jar of dirt from a post office in the middle of the Juicer Uprising. Of course, for me, that was no sweat. I was in and out of Kingsdale with that jar of dirt faster than a lightning bolt. The juicers looked slow by comparison.

    "Now, unfortunately, it turned out they were vampires and I had to kill em' all anyway. I even saved Billy from gettin' truned! Real pity though, that was one hell of a circus!"
    Gale Wingstorm Lyn-Srial Mind Melter
    Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d12, Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d8
    Charisma: -8 VS CS (Mind Melter + Lyn Syrial penalties) and -2 VS general populace if known to be a Mind Melter;
    Pace: 4/flying 12, d4 running die
    Parry: 6 Toughness: 6 (+5 from huntsman armor, other bonuses possible through psionics) Bennies: 2 (reset from 6, +1 for fast posting, -1 detect arcana re roll)

    Psionics d12, 9/30 ISP
    Powers: Armor, Damage Field, Drain Power Points, Havoc, Intangibility, Invisibility, Smite (auto raise)
    Detect Arcana - At will, free action.
    Active Powers: Detect Arcana

    Notable Gear: Vibro Knife - Str + D6, AP 4., NG-S2 Survival Pack, 2x Chain Swords - Str+2d8, AP 2, TW Flaming Sword - Str + d10 AP 4 (1 ISP to activate for 3 rounds)

    Renown - "Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance)."

    User avatar
    Seric
    Bronze Patron
    Bronze Patron
    Posts: 345
    Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm

    Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

    Post by Seric » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:34 pm

    Where am I?

    Whykin.

    Interlude:

    Closing his eyes and sitting in the passenger seat of Q's ATV the Juicer allowed himself to shut down. He rarely slept but now seemed like good time.
    ...

    Having an older brother in the Whykin militia, who often came home to share his stories of adventure with his younger brother undoubtably was the reason young Severin Fell had slipped away that night and followed the militia. He had trailed them at a great distance not wanting them to know he was following them. His older brother had said they were searching for Kingsdale spies. At 16 Severin's only desire was to follow in his older brothers footsteps.

    Late in the day Severin started to crest a hill top and dropped down behind a tree stump. The alien sight before him both amazed and frightened him. Looking down the hill towards a river the youngest Fell brother watched.
    ...

    Stepping off of the Slaver's River Boat, Chanda used her senses to orientate herself. As a Blind Warrior Woman she relied on her other naturally heightened senses to move about instead of sight.

    A dozen other Warrior Women moved out across the dust covered bank and took up defensive positions as the large monstrosity of their leader, Osnor, floated across the ground in his Splugorth Slave Barge. Falling in around Osnor the Warrior Woman moved along with him as he growled out commands to hurry up and stay alert.

    She swiftly jumped up onto the floating barge and stood close to Osnor, whose demonic looking form was partially submerged in the barge. Osnor was roughly twelve feet tall with a pair of large, powerful arms and eight tentacles. His large, elongated head shared nothing in common with humans and his mouth was filled with three to six inch canine teeth. If the beast ever had eyes, they had been replaced by the artificial sensors that surrounded his head. Chanda knew Osnor's normal body was serpentine, like a thick snake or eel, adding an additional eight to twelve feet to his size and that the additional length of his body was not apparent on the Eylor barge because the lower body was built right into the barge itself as a permanent fixture by a mixture of science and magic.

    As they moved quietly across the rolling hills towards their intended target the five eyes of the barge, plus the additional five floating eye-spheres of his Staff of Eylor moved along watching everything.

    She leaned in closer against Osnor's side as he wrapped one of his wet tentacles around her thin muscular waist.

    Tracking her sisters as they silently moved deeper into the woods she was proud of their stealth and she absently caressed the amulet which hung about her neck as protection.

    Osnor growled again, at her this time, and Chanda turned back to face him. Leaning down she kissed his wet cheek and whispered, "Yes Master. We will make you proud. The intelligence report from the Sunaj, Renth Braken, stated that the little town is just down the next hill from us. It should be there for several more days before it fades away."

    Holding up the Telepathic Holographic Imager she had hung over her neck, on a leather strap, she used it to display an image of the fade town to a nearby floating eye that Osnor used. In her mind she heard the projected telepathic words from Osnor state: "Good. Your reward of an Absurr life node is assured after this raid."

    Chanda smiled happily and continued to track her sister’s progress through her natural radar ability as she returned the projector to her side letting it hang freely. Lifting up the Jolt Gun and Techno-Wizard net she prepared herself for any resistance they might encounter on the way to Whykin. They intended on causing a little mayhem and possibly capturing a few slaves in some of the outlying settlements and maybe Whykin itself.
    ...

    Standing up the young Fell brother turned to run back towards his old hover cycle and nearly fell over seeing the dark shadow step out to block his path. He needed to find his brother, the militia, or warn Whykin himself. The demonic looking armored figure that stepped out to block his path nearly frightened Fell into having a heart attack.

    Renth Braken was dressed in the darkest of dark blacks and deep purple cloak, so dark a purple it nearly was black. Standing at six and a half feet tall the scout was a powerhouse of muscle and intellect, all hidden beneath a demonic horned helm and full environmental armor.

    Hand held to his chest, gasping from the sight, Fell watched the shadowy Sunaj advance towards him, not having any idea what a Sunaj was or who this dark figure worked for.

    Fell's hand slipped towards the NG-45 Long E-Pistol at his side.

    A deep gravelly voice, sounding like it was run through a language translator, growled, "Don't. You are alone and your light composite armor, and that handgun won't be any kind of match for me boy."

    About to speak, a smart ass teenager retort on the tip of his tongue, whatever he was about to say was cut off by the crack of the Sunaj backhanding him across the mouth.

    The force of it sent sparkles across his vision and floored the youth. Landing heavily on his side in the dry dirt and weeds the young man coughed a little blood from his mouth and looked up at the demon named Renth.

    Again the translated voice spoke, "I'm not here as a slaver nor as a raider. I am employed by Splynncryth simply as a scout for the raiders and slavers you just spied."

    Stepping closer to the boy the Sunaj pulled a wickedly long black blade out of a hip sheath. Squatting down the demonic looking Renth pointed the tip of the blade at the youth.

    "Tell me every thing you know about Whykin, its military, patrol strengths, citizens... every little detail and if any of its news to me, that I can add to my intelligence report, I won't gut you."

    Tears starting to form in his eyes Fell spit at the demonic helm and yelled, "I won't! I won't betray Whykin or my family!"

    Cocking his head a little to its side the shadowy armored Sunaj chuckled and reached out to grab the boys hair pulling his face closer to the demonic helm, the tip of the blade finding an opening between plates of armor the cold black blade pressed forward at the boys stomach.

    "Oh. You will."
    ...

    Shocked and instantly alert the Juicer named Fell sat forward in the passenger seat and slammed both hands into the dash before him, "No!"

    Breathing heavily Fell slowly calmed down and regained his composure. Looking across the compartment at Qoat in the driver seat, starring at the Juicer with a look of wonderment the Juicer apologized: "Sorry Q. I forgot where I was. Fell asleep. Bad memories. Bad dream."

    Looking out the passenger window of the ATV the Juicer put both of his hands on his stomach and sighed. Anytime he sat in armor the damn stuff always sat uncomfortably on his scars.

    Whykin.

    User avatar
    Timothy Hernandez
    Posts: 261
    Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm

    Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

    Post by Timothy Hernandez » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:00 pm

    The Q-Mobile is pulling up int Merc Town. Timothy sits back in his seat and remembers the first time he was in merc town.

    "Harmmond and Merctown are a lot alike. The last time I was here was when I was first brought online.

    If you ever end up here and looking for work, find fixer Jones. He knows everyone. I woke up in a hospital, one of the best anywhere. Don't ask how I ended up here, I don't know. I went under the knife in the Burb's, and ended up here. So I woke up here with no money, and no job. I'm a combat Cyborg, time to find some combat.

    I exited the hospital, had a few creds on me, purchased a burner phone and started looking around. Saw the mercenary boot camp, I knew I was better than most of those mooks. These backwards rednecks can't shoot a rifle worth shit.I was walking around town, looking for some idea of what to do. I was walking around aimlessly when I came across my uncle's store. He was having a fire sale on some old dead boy gear, from the war I guess.So I went in. Saw my cousin, of course he didn't recognize me."
    A smirk spreads across Timothys face. "Hehe, you should have seen his face when he found out. Surprised was an understatement. He about lost his shit. I got him calmed down after a few minutes. That is when he sent me to fixer Jones.

    I was told Fixer Jones could get you the job made just for you. Well, he was right. I walked into the cafe, odd place to get work, was served by a pretty young lady. After a few minutes, an old man came by. He asked me what I was in town for. We talked for a few minutes, and he directed me to the town militia. They were having some issues with the Greenskins. A gang lead by trolls, that have orcs and goblins.

    That was a good fight. Those bastards deserved every bit of punishment they got. This was a coordinated effort. I was able to clear out my zone pretty easily. Of course the extra armor didn't hurt either. And before anyone asks, no there where not that many to question when I was done. It was the final solution. After a few months, the greenskins were pushed out of town.

    Of course other gangs filled in the gaps, but I didn't want to be a cop. Too many damn rules. So I went to Fixer Jones once again. This time, he directed me to Castle REfuge, he did say you guys could use the help."


    As the Vehicle pulls into the town, Timothy gets out and gives a big stretch. Once the overnight gear is unloaded, Timothy will look at Fell "While we are here sarge, I got a lead on a weapon gimble real cheap. I'll be back soon." Timothy heads to his uncle's store.
    Timothy Hernandez
    Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
    Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
    Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
    Ammo: 32/28
    Bennies: 2

    User avatar
    Qoat
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron
    Posts: 147
    Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:45 pm

    Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

    Post by Qoat » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:51 pm

    Notice:
    Wild Die:

    All I wanted was a slice of pizza.

    Qoat loads up his ATV, a futuristic VW microbus full of shovels and rakes and implements of destruction (Shovels: Sayeen and Gale, rakes: Merlaggon, Implements of destruction: Cory, Crunch, Fell, and Timothy) and they head off to Hammond. The Q-mobile covers mile after mile with the team snoozing, talking, laughing, or bugging the sh%t out of each other. Qoat mentally maps his improvements in his head, but knows he's going to need to put some dedicated time into it; or maybe salvage something from a robot or other armored vehicle for better compatibility.

    Pulling into Whykin, Qoat coasts the Q-mobile to the burb'er section of town, You can't just enter the city proper with this crew. "Somewhere around here is Jake's Pizza. I need me a slice or three." Qoat wanders around the district looking at the signs for the universal spotted triangle image.

    Walking past a number of outdoor cafes, he spots a group of dog boys eating. One of them looks particularly mangy, That one looks a lot like Sammy the mutt. It is Sammy the mutt. Act cool, walk casual, and you'll be past him. Qoat makes it past one table, two tables, three tables.

    "Hey Qoat!" a voice yells out behind him. Do I stop, or do I go? Two more steps, "Qoat, it's me Sammy!"

    Qoat slows to a stop, and pauses a second before turning around. "Hey Sammy," Qoat says resignedly.

    When Qoat was back in the Chi-Town burbs, Qoat first met Sammy when he was just a pup, newly assigned to the Fire Brigade. In the Coalition States, the Fire Brigade starts more fires than they put out. It's considered civic improvement A few years later, when Qoat was drafted, Sammy was in the same unit.

    At the end of the war, Qoat was in a different unit, but Qoat was hoping to avoid any uncomfortable conversations about what happened to his squad or how he came to leave.

    "Sammy, what's wagging?" Qoat asked.

    "Oh, samo-samo. I was transferred after the war to the local fire team." For a dog, it was always surprising how much he like the smell of smoke, Qoat could smell it on him. "What are you doing here, Qoat?"

    Make up a story, quick. "I signed on for convoy duty repairing haulers, we're just on a layover. Dropping off and picking up."

    "Steady work is always good. I am glad to see you staying out of trouble," Sammy says.

    "Me too," Qoat says. How am I going to get out here? He's eating, maybe I should ask him for directions, he'll let me go. "Hey Sammy, do you know where Jake's Pizza is? Last time I passed through here, I thought it was on this street."

    "It was, but there was an infestation of vampires. We had to burn it down last month. Did you know vampires burn really well? Different colors." Sammy's eyes are a bit glassy.

    Qoat, snaps his fingers. "Uh, Jakes?"

    "Oh, Jake's is now over two blocks east." Sammy's tail wags.

    "Cool, sorry for interrupting your meal, Sammy, I'll be on my way. Bye" Qoat waves, and immediately takes off, he hears Sammy say bye in the distance, but a Quick-flex is fast, so he's around the corner in just a few seconds. He shifts to a jog and get's to the pizza place.

    "15 pizzas please. 5 cheese, 5 pepperoni, 5 Hawaiian." I wonder what kind of pizza the dragon would like? Qoat pays the cashier and waits nervously. No sign of Sammy. This might turn out all right after all. He takes the stack of pizzas and hustles back to the Q-mobile with no issues. "Time to go everybody." He drops 12 of them to the back, and takes 3 to the cab. When Fell asks if there was any trouble, Qoat says, "No trouble, just itching to get back on the road. Eat up!" Qoat grabs a slice of each and stacks them together and takes a bite out of all three at once.

    Qoat turns the ignition, the low rumble of the turbine sweet music to his ears. Hammond here we come.
    Qoat
    Qoat

    ISP: 30
    Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
    Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
    Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle

    User avatar
    Merlaggon
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron
    Posts: 318
    Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

    Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

    Post by Merlaggon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:55 am

    Merlaggon just can’t stop talking about his visit to Whykin. It was so EXCITING!!!

    After standing around the “Q-Mobile” for a couple hours, Merlaggon decided that he needed to see more of this strange city. He gathered up his translator, radio, and the rest of his gear and off he went. Since this was a mostly human city, Merlaggon knew just how to blend in… and metamorphed down into his puny human form… that of a mere 160kg man with the build of a power-lifter with a chain great sword. Perfect for blending into the crowds! Everyone else in the team must have been busy, since none of them noticed Merlaggon wander off into Whykin.

    After almost an hour of walking through some VERY interesting neighborhoods, he came up to a group of humans that were talking very loudly to another human. The seemingly leader of group of humans were yelling at the lone human to “Give me the protection money… or bad things could happen to your shop”… or so his translator told him.
    Wandering up to investigate this interaction between humans more, one of the humans in the group stepped right in front of Merlaggon and told him to “Bugger off!
    Not knowing what the human meant, Merlaggon cocked his head to the side and said politely via his translator, “Excuse me, what do you mean?”
    Bugger off you stupid shit, or I will take my boot and shove it up your ass!
    That would not be possible, it couldn’t possibly fit.
    Now all of the group of humans were starting to move to surround Merlaggon. “Fine… we will just have to cut you up so we can make it fit”… and drew their various knives and guns…
    Merlaggon had just enough of these…MEAN… humans. Back into his normal form! Suddenly, ALL the humans in the street… and for a couple blocks… started screaming and running away from him… including all but the leader of the group of mean humans who seemed to be frozen in place. Just for fun, Merlaggon gave a loud roar at the lone mean human, who then dropped everything he was holding and ran off screaming in a very high pitched voice.

    This was getting boring now, so Merlaggon launched himself into the sky to find the “Q-Mobile” and get back to his friends. As he flew away, a couple humans starting to shoot their guns at him, but these barely stung him as he headed back to his friends.
    Merlaggon
    Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

    Bennies: 2/3
    • [*]Base Amount
      [*]-1 due Soak vs. Spider's Railgun
      [*]-2 due Reroll Soak vs. Spider's Railgun
      [*]+1 due Joker
      [*]+1 due Posting before Deadline
    ISP :8 / 10
    PPE :20 /20
    Active Psionic Powers: None
    Active Magic Powers: None
    Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

    Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
    Toughness: Dragon Form - 36(16) 42 (120) MDC; Size +8
    Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
    Notice: D6
    Default Form: Dragon
    OOC Comments
    Adventure Cards:
    [list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

    Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
    Weapon in Hand (Human): None
    Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

    http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

    User avatar
    Cory Tetrascroll
    Diamond Patron
    Diamond Patron
    Posts: 275
    Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

    Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

    Post by Cory Tetrascroll » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:22 pm

    <<Wow, Merl, that sounded like a challenging situation. I think you made a really good decision. From what you say, I'm pretty sure the mean men were like the smelly guys. Mean, bullies, jerks. But scaring them was a good solution. I wish I could do that!>> Cory says to Merlaggon after his story.

    She looks at the others at the Q-Mobile and says to them "Don't you guys think he made some good choices?" She's trying to praise his thought process as much as the result.

    She really wants to saw in her best parental tone "don't wander off alone again!" But that seems counterproductive, more though, she's not fond of the parent voice used on her, so she's loathe to do that to the dragon.

    Cory Tetrascroll
    PPE: 8/25 | ISP: 5/25 | Bennies: 0
    Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
    Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
    Worn Armor:
    Custom CK Armor:
    [list]+6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport[/list]
    Overcoat:
    [list]+1 Toughness[/list]
    Talisman of Marduk:
    [list]+1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance[/list]
    Weapon in Hand:
    (Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
    [list]Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver[/list]
    (Left) TW Club:
    [list]Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry[/list][/OOC]
    edit signature
    "all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
    "This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."

    User avatar
    Gale Wingstorm
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:19 am

    Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

    Post by Gale Wingstorm » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:44 pm

    Cory Tetrascroll wrote:<<Wow, Merl, that sounded like a challenging situation. I think you made a really good decision. From what you say, I'm pretty sure the mean men were like the smelly guys. Mean, bullies, jerks. But scaring them was a good solution. I wish I could do that!>> Cory says to Merlaggon after his story.

    She looks at the others at the Q-Mobile and says to them "Don't you guys think he made some good choices?" She's trying to praise his thought process as much as the result.

    She really wants to saw in her best parental tone "don't wander off alone again!" But that seems counterproductive, more though, she's not fond of the parent voice used on her, so she's loathe to do that to the dragon.
    Gale picks up on the cue, "Excellent choices Merlaggon. Even if not everyone appreciated you, you still stopped the bad men from stealing. You did the right thing, even though it was difficult, even though people didn't thank you. That's very heroic! You must be one of the best dragons I've met." He whistles a few happy notes and fluffs his feathers.
    Gale Wingstorm Lyn-Srial Mind Melter
    Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d12, Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d8
    Charisma: -8 VS CS (Mind Melter + Lyn Syrial penalties) and -2 VS general populace if known to be a Mind Melter;
    Pace: 4/flying 12, d4 running die
    Parry: 6 Toughness: 6 (+5 from huntsman armor, other bonuses possible through psionics) Bennies: 2 (reset from 6, +1 for fast posting, -1 detect arcana re roll)

    Psionics d12, 9/30 ISP
    Powers: Armor, Damage Field, Drain Power Points, Havoc, Intangibility, Invisibility, Smite (auto raise)
    Detect Arcana - At will, free action.
    Active Powers: Detect Arcana

    Notable Gear: Vibro Knife - Str + D6, AP 4., NG-S2 Survival Pack, 2x Chain Swords - Str+2d8, AP 2, TW Flaming Sword - Str + d10 AP 4 (1 ISP to activate for 3 rounds)

    Renown - "Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance)."

    User avatar
    Timothy Hernandez
    Posts: 261
    Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm

    Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

    Post by Timothy Hernandez » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:00 pm

    (rolls carried over)
    "Don't you guys think he made some good choices?"
    Timothy snorts when the question is asked. "Not one bit. He didn't change anything. Those guys are still being thugs. You have to show your strength. He should have stepped on the leader. at least eaten him. You gotta show them there is always someone bigger, and deadlier than they are. They will either change or die doing the same thing." Timothy sits back into his chair and crosses his arms as if the discussion is finished. Time to start teaching him the right way.
    Timothy Hernandez
    Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
    Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
    Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
    Ammo: 32/28
    Bennies: 2

    User avatar
    Sayeen Gabbersleaf
    Posts: 218
    Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:20 pm

    Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

    Post by Sayeen Gabbersleaf » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:56 pm

    Sir Sayeen rests an easy hand on Timothy's armored shoulder, he laughs joyfully, " Such a card indeed Noble Borg. Killing is not always about strength. Sometimes it takes more strength to not kill." Sir Sayeen pauses giving the words of those who had just chimed in more consideration. He strokes his beard deep in thought as if judging some weighty matter, and perhaps he is. He pats Timothy's shoulder slightly, " Although you are right enough Timothy." His inflection on Timothy would note that he is not actually sure of the Borg's name. " Bullys must be delt with. Perhaps next time contacting the local authorities would be appropriate." He reaches out for Merlaggon's front claw trying to shake it. He smiles up at the huge dragon.
    " I concur with the others, you did well Dragon, be proud you did not exert your mighty strength on a foe that could not take it. More importantly you put forward the goals of the Tomorrow Legion and will be remembered for it."
    Sayeen Gabbersleaf
    ISP :30/2
    Active Psionic Powers: None
      Pace: 7/7; Parry: 8 ,; Toughness: 13/13(6); Notice D8, Stealth D6,
      Worn Armor:
      • Cyber Knight medium armor(TW): +6Armor, +1 toughness
      • Cyber Armor: +2 toughness
      Weapon in Hand: Psychic Maul: 1d4 +3d10 AP 8
      Combat Abilities
      • improved dodge: -2 ranged attack, +2 to evade area affect attacks when appropriate
      • Cyberkenetic Combat: -2 to hit if attack is purely technology based
      • Champion: +2 damage & toughness vs supernatural evil
      • Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs creatures size 3 and larger
      OOC Comments
      Bennies:2 Spent:2
      -reroll to avoid brain burn
      -reroll fighting attck vs beasty in power plant
      +1 for group posting quickly
      Adventure deck cards: Cutting in Line: 3 initiative cards
      Accounts: Sayeen (primary), Iron Tick (secondary)

      User avatar
      Cory Tetrascroll
      Diamond Patron
      Diamond Patron
      Posts: 275
      Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

      Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

      Post by Cory Tetrascroll » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:30 pm

      Timothy Hernandez wrote:(rolls carried over)
      "Don't you guys think he made some good choices?"
      Timothy snorts when the question is asked. "Not one bit. He didn't change anything. Those guys are still being thugs. You have to show your strength. He should have stepped on the leader. at least eaten him. You gotta show them there is always someone bigger, and deadlier than they are. They will either change or die doing the same thing." Timothy sits back into his chair and crosses his arms as if the discussion is finished. Time to start teaching him the right way.
      Cory doesn't say anything, but she is confused by Timothy's assessment. She's not confused by his meaning, that is very clear. She's confused because there is a logic to it that doesn't jive with her happy-love-all up bringing. Sure there is bad - as bad as you can get, in fact - in this world and she'd always assumed compassion and tolerance would win all. But if the bad guys know that you will always chose compassion and tolerance over enforcement, what good is bearing arms or making laws in the first place? She shakes her head. It's kind of like shooting the dinosaurs, it didn't feel right, but she couldn't have talked them out of stampeding. Relying on what "felt right" seems like a bad strategy, but that's really her only compass right now. And someone has to teach this young dragon to have a moral compass too, hopefully one that fits in with Castle Refuge. Maybe hearing different points of view is better. It's probably better for her too.

      Cory Tetrascroll
      PPE: 8/25 | ISP: 5/25 | Bennies: 0
      Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
      Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
      Worn Armor:
      Custom CK Armor:
      [list]+6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport[/list]
      Overcoat:
      [list]+1 Toughness[/list]
      Talisman of Marduk:
      [list]+1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance[/list]
      Weapon in Hand:
      (Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
      [list]Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver[/list]
      (Left) TW Club:
      [list]Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry[/list][/OOC]
      edit signature
      "all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
      "This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."

      User avatar
      Merlaggon
      Diamond Patron
      Diamond Patron
      Posts: 318
      Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

      Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

      Post by Merlaggon » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:04 am

      Notice: 1d6 = 5: 5
      Wild: 1d6 = 3: 3

      "Somebody bigger and deadlier, Mr. Mean Shiny Tim Man?"

      Merlaggon raises up to his full height, looking down at Timothy. Some smoke is leaks from Merlaggon's mouth as a deep growl escapes his lips.

      Intimidate 1d6+2 = 7: 5
      Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1
      Plus any bonuses from being a Big and Deadly DRAGON

      After staring DOWN at Timothy for a few seconds, Merlaggon sticks out his tongue, wiggles his eyebrows, and turns his back to Timothy.
      Merlaggon
      Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

      Bennies: 2/3
      • [*]Base Amount
        [*]-1 due Soak vs. Spider's Railgun
        [*]-2 due Reroll Soak vs. Spider's Railgun
        [*]+1 due Joker
        [*]+1 due Posting before Deadline
      ISP :8 / 10
      PPE :20 /20
      Active Psionic Powers: None
      Active Magic Powers: None
      Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

      Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
      Toughness: Dragon Form - 36(16) 42 (120) MDC; Size +8
      Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
      Notice: D6
      Default Form: Dragon
      OOC Comments
      Adventure Cards:
      [list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

      Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
      Weapon in Hand (Human): None
      Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

      http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

      User avatar
      Timothy Hernandez
      Posts: 261
      Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm

      Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

      Post by Timothy Hernandez » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:33 am

      (rolls carried over)

      TImothy looks upon the Dragon. Spirit = 1d6 = 5: 5
      Wild = 1d6 = 6: 6
      Ace = 1d6 = 5: 5
      Total = 11

      Timothy is taken back to boot camp. That was a fearful experience. It's a good thing Basic hardened me for this. The intense training, everything had to be perfect the first time. If it wasn't, you got the tar beaten out of you. We trained every day to resist dragons. The training paid off. Now how to train the dragon. That wold be very good for your average citizen. You should practice on that. I can tell that will be very good for you. The same with you Cory, keep practicing with that PInk Bunny idea. Battle hardened troops are harder to scare then your average tit sucking civilian."
      Timothy Hernandez
      Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
      Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
      Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
      Ammo: 32/28
      Bennies: 2

      User avatar
      Sayeen Gabbersleaf
      Posts: 218
      Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:20 pm

      Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

      Post by Sayeen Gabbersleaf » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:30 am

      Notice 1d8 = 3: 3
      Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
      Result:5

      Sir Sayeen is in the back rumaging through the supplies. Now where was that ion pistol? I thought I had packed it back here... Ah there it is! He turns and sees his two comrades squaring off. Ahh a simple misunderstanding between friends. Timothy was laying down a deeply sarcastic joke that went over the young dragon's head... Sayeen tries to get in between the two in an effort to calm both parties down he says with a slight hesitation, " Timothy is it? And Merl... Both of you are most noble. A cyborg on one hand whom has given literally everything to be able to better protect those that need it in this harsh world. On the other a dragon whom undoubtedly belongs to what must have been the lineage of all lineages. Both strong and noble. Perhaps we let the field of battle decide just who is strongest?"
      Sayeen Gabbersleaf
      ISP :30/2
      Active Psionic Powers: None
        Pace: 7/7; Parry: 8 ,; Toughness: 13/13(6); Notice D8, Stealth D6,
        Worn Armor:
        • Cyber Knight medium armor(TW): +6Armor, +1 toughness
        • Cyber Armor: +2 toughness
        Weapon in Hand: Psychic Maul: 1d4 +3d10 AP 8
        Combat Abilities
        • improved dodge: -2 ranged attack, +2 to evade area affect attacks when appropriate
        • Cyberkenetic Combat: -2 to hit if attack is purely technology based
        • Champion: +2 damage & toughness vs supernatural evil
        • Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs creatures size 3 and larger
        OOC Comments
        Bennies:2 Spent:2
        -reroll to avoid brain burn
        -reroll fighting attck vs beasty in power plant
        +1 for group posting quickly
        Adventure deck cards: Cutting in Line: 3 initiative cards
        Accounts: Sayeen (primary), Iron Tick (secondary)

        User avatar
        Sayeen Gabbersleaf
        Posts: 218
        Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:20 pm

        Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

        Post by Sayeen Gabbersleaf » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:06 pm

        (Rolls carried over)

        Amid possibly an awkward tension Sir Sayeen bursts out laughing, " Oh the Jar of dirt! And Vampires, it just hit me."
        He grabs a possibly stale peice of pizza and sits next to Gale still chuckling. " Can I get you a slice, its still good. It makes you wonder where Q got pizza that stays good this long.". He chomps a bit, and will grab a slice for Gale if he wants some.
        " So that 13 jucier tricycle, I was rumaging arround looking for an ion pistol, and I must have missed the story. Maybe one of these days you could share it again. Sounds like something my pappy would have done. I have a good inkling for what most folks can do, we got Timothy and Crunch two noble cyborgs that bring the pain. Honestly I am not sure which is which. Cory rains down lots of fire. Did you know she also used to be the president of my fan club?" He munches on a bit more pizza and his eyes loose focus as he remembers another time. " Oh Q has some cool gagets and from what I hear one of the best operators in the Castle. Fell is a juicer, badass as they come. Merlaggon is well a dragon.". He leans in close, My pappy said its good to know who you travel with. Of course we have all heard of your exploits, but what is it that you do?"
        Sayeen Gabbersleaf
        ISP :30/2
        Active Psionic Powers: None
          Pace: 7/7; Parry: 8 ,; Toughness: 13/13(6); Notice D8, Stealth D6,
          Worn Armor:
          • Cyber Knight medium armor(TW): +6Armor, +1 toughness
          • Cyber Armor: +2 toughness
          Weapon in Hand: Psychic Maul: 1d4 +3d10 AP 8
          Combat Abilities
          • improved dodge: -2 ranged attack, +2 to evade area affect attacks when appropriate
          • Cyberkenetic Combat: -2 to hit if attack is purely technology based
          • Champion: +2 damage & toughness vs supernatural evil
          • Giant Killer: +1d6 damage vs creatures size 3 and larger
          OOC Comments
          Bennies:2 Spent:2
          -reroll to avoid brain burn
          -reroll fighting attck vs beasty in power plant
          +1 for group posting quickly
          Adventure deck cards: Cutting in Line: 3 initiative cards
          Accounts: Sayeen (primary), Iron Tick (secondary)

          User avatar
          Gale Wingstorm
          Posts: 94
          Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:19 am

          Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

          Post by Gale Wingstorm » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:48 am

          The four armed bird warrior puffs up with pride, literally. "I'm glad you've enjoyed my exploits. I've many more, it seems we all do! What a fantastic group of heroes we will make!" He whistles a few happy notes. "Myself, I'm a fldegling mindmelter, with an emphasis on various forms of physical and elemental manipulation, and a little stealth as well. I'm not one for getting inside other people's heads." Gale coos a laugh.

          "I've put a lot of work in to my ability to reinforce whatever weapon I'm using and have attempted to make my powers as reliable as possible. I hate it when psionics fizzle!" He unsheaths one of his chain swords and gives it a casual flourish, "soon enough I hope to be able to generate my own psi blades, much like you cyber knights can! Until then I'll have to rely on re-enforcing my physical weapons, or perhaps those of my allies. I do pride myself on my own combat prowess, but in a group this capable it may be wiser for me to use my abilities to strengthen my allies. After all, I'm certain that our combat borgs and juicer will provide a formidable frontline if necessary."

          Gale makes a motion to include them in discussing combat tactics, "provided, of course, that there are no objections to me using my powers on any of you for your benefit. I know not everybody is fond of the idea of using psionics. I could also go intangible, flit around and safely yet mercilessly taunt our enemies, I do make a fantastic distraction. Why, there was this one time..." and he goes off on another tangent about how he single handedly saved a dee bee town from a contingent of CS troops using nothing but florescent side walk chalk and a bent spoon.
          Gale Wingstorm Lyn-Srial Mind Melter
          Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d12, Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d8
          Charisma: -8 VS CS (Mind Melter + Lyn Syrial penalties) and -2 VS general populace if known to be a Mind Melter;
          Pace: 4/flying 12, d4 running die
          Parry: 6 Toughness: 6 (+5 from huntsman armor, other bonuses possible through psionics) Bennies: 2 (reset from 6, +1 for fast posting, -1 detect arcana re roll)

          Psionics d12, 9/30 ISP
          Powers: Armor, Damage Field, Drain Power Points, Havoc, Intangibility, Invisibility, Smite (auto raise)
          Detect Arcana - At will, free action.
          Active Powers: Detect Arcana

          Notable Gear: Vibro Knife - Str + D6, AP 4., NG-S2 Survival Pack, 2x Chain Swords - Str+2d8, AP 2, TW Flaming Sword - Str + d10 AP 4 (1 ISP to activate for 3 rounds)

          Renown - "Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance)."

          User avatar
          Timothy Hernandez
          Posts: 261
          Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm

          Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

          Post by Timothy Hernandez » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:40 am

          (rolls carried over)

          Listening to the old man prattle on as well as well as Gale, Timothy takes a deep breath. I hate this so much. The old man just won't shut the hell up. and we are dealing with a mind melter as well? The reports just get better and better. Command has serious problems, sending out a team with unique skills with no further training. If this was a normal military unit, we could do just this kind of mission, with no issue. at least we all would have had the same training and know how to integrate new members.

          Timothy leans forward and gets Fells attention. "Sarge, we should do some drills to incorporate the new additions. Adding a dragon and a mind melter into the group will require some adjustments, especially since the dragon can't speak english."
          Timothy Hernandez
          Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 22; (12 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5
          Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
          Damage: 1d12+2d10+2
          Ammo: 32/28
          Bennies: 2

          User avatar
          Cory Tetrascroll
          Diamond Patron
          Diamond Patron
          Posts: 275
          Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

          Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

          Post by Cory Tetrascroll » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:44 pm

          [Rolls carried over]

          Illusion (Psionics) vs Gale 1d8 = 2: 2 + Extra Effort 1d6 = 3: 3 Wild 1d6 = 5: 5

          Did someone say pink bunny? Cory puts down her piece off pizza and gives Gale the stink eye. She focuses on the pink bunny booty shaking in front of the bird-man, maybe an ass slap or to for good measure.

          Other than that brief distraction, she finishes of a couple slices of the pizza and sits and broods for a little bit. There isn't much to do at this point. But her curiosity overcomes her sullenness and looks at the others. She feels that she should teach the dragon some more, but after hearing Timothy, maybe she should lay off a little bit. She doesn't see Qoat around at the moment. Sigh she thinks.

          She walks over to Timothy and Fell. "Hi guys. Do we have anything resembling a plan?" she says in a voice flitting from trying to sound mature to "gawd, I'm so over this".

          Cory Tetrascroll
          PPE: 8/25 | ISP: 5/25 | Bennies: 0
          Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
          Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
          Worn Armor:
          Custom CK Armor:
          [list]+6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport[/list]
          Overcoat:
          [list]+1 Toughness[/list]
          Talisman of Marduk:
          [list]+1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance[/list]
          Weapon in Hand:
          (Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
          [list]Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver[/list]
          (Left) TW Club:
          [list]Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry[/list][/OOC]
          edit signature
          "all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
          "This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."

          User avatar
          Gale Wingstorm
          Posts: 94
          Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:19 am

          Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

          Post by Gale Wingstorm » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:00 am

          Notice:
          1d4-2 = 2: 4 (ace)
          1d4 = 2: 2
          1d6-2 = 0: 2

          Save vs Illusion (1d4 Spirit +4 from Mental Resistance):
          1d4+4 = 8: 4
          1d6+4 = 10: 6

          Detect Arcana (at will as a free action):
          1d12 = 9: 9
          1d6 = 5: 5

          With successes on all rolls, Gale not only sees through the illusion, but sees to its source. The rabbit slaps its ass. Is she trying to flirt with me...? He looks between the illusion and the mystic and starts laughing. "A good effort Cory, but not today!"
          Gale Wingstorm Lyn-Srial Mind Melter
          Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d12, Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d8
          Charisma: -8 VS CS (Mind Melter + Lyn Syrial penalties) and -2 VS general populace if known to be a Mind Melter;
          Pace: 4/flying 12, d4 running die
          Parry: 6 Toughness: 6 (+5 from huntsman armor, other bonuses possible through psionics) Bennies: 2 (reset from 6, +1 for fast posting, -1 detect arcana re roll)

          Psionics d12, 9/30 ISP
          Powers: Armor, Damage Field, Drain Power Points, Havoc, Intangibility, Invisibility, Smite (auto raise)
          Detect Arcana - At will, free action.
          Active Powers: Detect Arcana

          Notable Gear: Vibro Knife - Str + D6, AP 4., NG-S2 Survival Pack, 2x Chain Swords - Str+2d8, AP 2, TW Flaming Sword - Str + d10 AP 4 (1 ISP to activate for 3 rounds)

          Renown - "Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance)."

          User avatar
          Merlaggon
          Diamond Patron
          Diamond Patron
          Posts: 318
          Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

          Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

          Post by Merlaggon » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:35 am

          After listening to everything via his translator, Merlaggon adds in American via the translator, "No, Tin Man, I can't speak "English", but this little box can do it for me... so there!! Pbbbbtttt!!!!"

          Merlaggon switches off his translator for a minute and adds in Dragonese/Elvish, "Plan... we need a plan? I was just going to follow your lead, Friend Cory... oooOOOooo!!! Just look over there! What are those people doing? I think we should fly over and find out!"
          Merlaggon
          Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

          Bennies: 2/3
          • [*]Base Amount
            [*]-1 due Soak vs. Spider's Railgun
            [*]-2 due Reroll Soak vs. Spider's Railgun
            [*]+1 due Joker
            [*]+1 due Posting before Deadline
          ISP :8 / 10
          PPE :20 /20
          Active Psionic Powers: None
          Active Magic Powers: None
          Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

          Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
          Toughness: Dragon Form - 36(16) 42 (120) MDC; Size +8
          Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
          Notice: D6
          Default Form: Dragon
          OOC Comments
          Adventure Cards:
          [list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

          Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
          Weapon in Hand (Human): None
          Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

          http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

          User avatar
          Seric
          Bronze Patron
          Bronze Patron
          Posts: 345
          Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm

          Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

          Post by Seric » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:27 am

          Glancing around at the 1st SET members the Juicer shakes his head and smiles. Taking a rest to eat and get to know each other was both a good idea and a potentially dangerous idea. Eight unique people.

          "The plan is we lock and load, load up into vehicles and head out. For future reference our eight person team will be broken into two fire teams. If, and I do mean when, we roll into some sort of trouble team one is me, Cory, Stomper and Gale. Team two is Tim, Q-man, Crunch and Sir Knight. So if I yell fire team one, on me, lets take down the front of this CS Spider Walker! Team two sneak around behind it and ambush it! That's now understood right? Good. Awesome-sauce."

          Wiping his fingers clean from pizza Fell says, "Thanks for the food. We have had our fun and games, lunch and jokes. Now we best be headed on. This should be an interesting mission. Every one is prepared to be casual and look friendly and human as we waltz in to find our contact?"

          User avatar
          Merlaggon
          Diamond Patron
          Diamond Patron
          Posts: 318
          Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

          Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

          Post by Merlaggon » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:39 am

          Fell wrote:"Thanks for the food. We have had our fun and games, lunch and jokes. Now we best be headed on. This should be an interesting mission. Every one is prepared to be casual and look friendly and human as we waltz in to find our contact?"
          Merlaggon grabs a dragon-sized handful of pizza slices, and replies in American via the translator, "I can assume my human form in an instant. I can only keep it up for about 6 hours before I re-assume my normal magnificent form, so it is best to do it at the last possible moment. I have learned that people tend to panic when I assume my natural form near them."
          Merlaggon
          Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

          Bennies: 2/3
          • [*]Base Amount
            [*]-1 due Soak vs. Spider's Railgun
            [*]-2 due Reroll Soak vs. Spider's Railgun
            [*]+1 due Joker
            [*]+1 due Posting before Deadline
          ISP :8 / 10
          PPE :20 /20
          Active Psionic Powers: None
          Active Magic Powers: None
          Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

          Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
          Toughness: Dragon Form - 36(16) 42 (120) MDC; Size +8
          Toughness: Human Form - 14(6); Size 0
          Notice: D6
          Default Form: Dragon
          OOC Comments
          Adventure Cards:
          [list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

          Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
          Weapon in Hand (Human): None
          Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

          http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69

          User avatar
          Crunch
          Posts: 31
          Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:09 pm
          Contact:

          Re: Mission 2: The Long Road

          Post by Crunch » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:53 am

          Fancy meeting you here!

          Crunch sits in the cupola of Qoat's APC, lazily scanning the surrounding area with his cybernetic eyes. Crunch cuts a slightly stranger figure now that he's reacquired some clothing to cover a majority of his bionic frame, a white short sleeved button up shirt with a black vest, coupled with a pair of black slacks and boots make for an interesting figure. It's the bowler cap resting on that makes the outfit pop, If anyone around Crunch had seen pre-cataclysm videos of 19th century Irish toughs they'd would have had a laugh. Crunch's rail gun rests easily on the lip of the turret.

          In the distance Crunch makes out a collection of wagons being pulled by a combination of tractors and oxen. Crunch eyes the caravan approach, making out more details as it comes nearer to the APC. The caravan had a few armed men, who had the look of standard guards, lightly armored and armed, not much of a threat to the APC. Crunch sighs remembering doing much the same job when he worked for the Black Market out in the Burb's of Chi-Town. Crunch barely registered the person at first, but something in his brain clicked. Lucky O'Bannon?

          Sitting in the drivers seat of the lead wagon sat a obese man, with a face that betrayed his age. His graying hair styled as a tonsure, the mans clothes were much like Crunch's, button down shirt, vest and slacks. Crunch pats the APC and ducks inside. "Hey, pull over." Crunch asks, his voice a deep metallic rumble. Once the APC stopped, Crunch climbs out, throwing his wool coat over his shoulders. "Lucky O'Bannon, as I live and breathe!" Crunch yells out to the man approaching. Lucky takes several moments, seeming to be wracking his brain for a name before speaking. "Well if it isn't one of the McGuiness Brothers. How are you boyo?" Asked the portly black marketeer.

          Crunch nods before answering. "Not to bad you old rogue. Still running with the boys? You haven't happend to see my older brother by chance?" Crunch asked congenially enough. Lucky slowed his wagon, the others behind him following suit. "Ah, Patrick. I always confuse you and your brother. Yeah still running deals for them, heading back to the Burb as we speak. No I haven't seen your brother in a while... He had a falling out with the bosses. To be honest I was a little worried you were him. I'd be careful he's out for blood I think."

          Crunch nods, a hint of sadness detected in his stance. "Yeah he blames me for stuff... But no matter, it's been nice to see you, we're off to Hammond to do some work, know anything about that area?" Lucky nods. "Yeah be careful, area is getting dangerous." Lucky says, a look of genuine concern on his face. "Well I have to go, keep safe Lucky." Crunch says as he climbs back into the APC.

          "Yeah you too Patrick."
          Crunch
          "It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence." ~Mahatma Gandhi.
          Pace: 8 (1d10); Parry: 7; Toughness: 20 (8 MDC); Strain: 5
          Weapons
          Mini-Rail Gun RoF: 4 AP: 6 Payload: 32/23
          NG-56 Light Ion Pistol RoF: 1 AP: - Payload: 12/12
          Chain Great Sword AP: 2

          Locked

          Return to “Adventure Archive”