Mission 4: Rocky Road

Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Mission 4: Rocky Road

Post by Saul »

Saul stays still for 12 seconds seated in the Qmobile his fingers just inches from the firing control for the missiles. Some might think he was lost in thought but if you were close enough you would see beeds of sweat form on his brow as he struggles mentally vs an unseen foe. Timothy's call for retreat snaps him out of his struggle and pulls his hand back from the firing button.
He leans over to Q, " I don't know about you my dear Qoat, it seems there was a bit of static on that last bit." Saul smiles leaning back into the seat.
" Copy that XO, you broke up on that last part. But Fell has my hat and I aim to make sure I get it back. I will be damned if Simvans get a hold of it."

Saul rolls down the window and leans his head out shouting at Williams and the cutthroats, " Boyos, get our med supplies loaded in this fine vehicle. Then get ready war is upon us and we must join forces if we are to survive at all. Williams I love your enthusasim for doing the right thing. I hope you have a head for tactics as we will need someone to make sure our efforts are more coordinated than our negotiations with you. Arise Fell's follies our leader is alone and he has need of us!"
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range, -6 to be hit from greater deflection) Toughness 18(6) but currently 19(6) with a power activated
Skills of note: fighting d12, psionics d10, notice d6
Active powers:
Greater Deflection -6 hit and +2 push
Greater Boost Psionics to d12+3 , +1 spirit and increase vigor to d10, becomes fatigued when it ends
Combat edges:
  • Doge & improved dodge: -2 to be hit from range
    Elan: +2 to trait rolls when spending a benny
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
    Improved Psi-sword: Str+spiritx3 ap8
Abilities and ISP: 32/40
  • IMPROVED SOUL Aura:+4 toughness, factored in
Saul Bennies
Bennies: 4/3
+1 post rate
Cory Tetrascroll

Post by Cory Tetrascroll »

OOC Comments
Notice:[dice]0[/dice] Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)
Cory isn't really sure what's going on. She's definitely not sure what to tell Merl. The questions in her head whirl around. She was so confident that storming in on these bandits was the right thing to do. It was so simple, so black and white. Even crazy Fell, going toe to toe with the simvan king, seemed so right. He could stop the whole thing with his foolish bravado. Merl with his naivety could see what it's like to do the right thing. To risk one's life for the safety of many.

So why did it go so wrong? Why are they now faced with the prospect of working with the evil mercenaries to face off the barbarian cannibals? The prospect of slaughtering all of them? But if they are not killed--all of them, killed--then the simvan will terrorize the area, murdering and pillaging. How can they let that happen?

Worse, Cory has no one to turn to in this confusion. Fell was never stable enough, Cory was pretty sure his heart was in the right place. Tim, well, she had some doubts about his heart, competent a leader as he is. Merl, her job was to provide Merl guidance, not the other way around. Sinder? Q? She wasn't even sure Sayeen could have seen a clear way through this.

Does that mean it's up to her? But she has no idea what to do.

"Okay Tim, we're like on it, like, I guess." Cory answers Tim, with no better answer on her own, at least it's something. Patting Merl on the side of his huge neck she asks him if he understands, "Hey Merl, you get what Tim is asking us to do? I wish I knew something better, but I'm like lost. Nothing seems quite right."

She sighs and then tries to help shepherd the villainous Cavalry to safety.

Cory Tetrascroll
PPE: 8/25 | ISP: 5/25 | Bennies: 0
Pace: 6 (8 w/armor); Parry: 5(6); Toughness: 13(6); Strain: 6
Condition: Fleet Footed, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Strong Willed
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
[list]+6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport[/list]
Overcoat:
[list]+1 Toughness[/list]
Talisman of Marduk:
[list]+1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance[/list]
Weapon in Hand:
(Right) Sun’s Glaring Sting:
[list]Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver[/list]
(Left) TW Club:
[list]Damage Str+1d4; +1 Parry[/list][/OOC]
edit signature
"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."
Timothy Hernandez

Post by Timothy Hernandez »

Timothy recognizes a ploy to disobay orders when he hears it. Christ, they just can't listen for once can they?

"Listen and listen good. We are on a mission. That mission is to ensure the convoy and the medical supplies completes its mission. You running head first into a horde of monsters and dying will not complete that mission. The mission must come first. If you can not follow that, you have no business in the Legion. When I give the word, do exactly I instructed. Do not let this mission fail."

Christ, if only Lail was here to hear this, she might have actually done some good.
Timothy Hernandez
Pace: 8; Parry: 9; Toughness: 24; (9 MDC); (size=+1) ; Strain: 5/6
Weapon in hand: Chain GreatSword
Damage: 2d12+2
Ammo: 32/32
Bennies: 1
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

Timothy Hernandez wrote:Timothy recognizes a ploy to disobay orders when he hears it. Christ, they just can't listen for once can they?

"Listen and listen good. We are on a mission. That mission is to ensure the convoy and the medical supplies completes its mission. You running head first into a horde of monsters and dying will not complete that mission. The mission must come first. If you can not follow that, you have no business in the Legion. When I give the word, do exactly I instructed. Do not let this mission fail."

Christ, if only Lail was here to hear this, she might have actually done some good.
One of the borgs back at the Legion said this Tinny was a martyr. Sauls Jovial voice comes on the radio, " The jigs up I guess XO. I got no problem following orders. But why? We got enougn fire power to make it a good fight. Sounds like these Simvans need to be stopped, we can do it. Then when we need to we can go back and deal with the cutthroats. I get you are looking out for us and the mission. But what makes you think we can't do both, its not like their the seven demons lords or The deep lord arisen. Its a horde of Simvans, we can take them...". Saul chuckles, "I've met mother hens, I've met mission matters most men. You can be one or both, but I'll tell you boyo it won't work long term. How we accomplish the mission, how we treat each other matter just as much." Saul's voice drops and is uncharacteristically gritty, " You make the calls XO, I'll follow it, but know this boyo... You order us away on some foolish attempt to preserve our lives and the mission, this will be the last order you give to me."
Saul Combat data
pace 8 (run d10), Parry 8 ( -4 to hit from magic/psionics, -2 hit from range, -6 to be hit from greater deflection) Toughness 18(6) but currently 19(6) with a power activated
Active powers:
Greater Boost Psionics to d12+3 , +1 spirit and increase vigor to d10, becomes fatigued when it ends
Combat edges:
    Arcane Awareness: -4 to be hit by magic with an action expand the -4 to trait rolls and notice rolls against.
Saul Bennies
+1 post rate
Qoat

Post by Qoat »

Qoat sees what appears to be some sort of contest of strength in the near distance before the horde of tbe Simvan. One of them wearing the hat of that new guy that spends his time talking to whatever happens to be in his cup in the moment. Wait, is that guy's profession a drunkard? He looks out over the dash, lifting up slightly off the chair to get a good view, he sees someone go down, then the man with the hat still standing holding something over his head.
Timothy Hernandez wrote:Timothy will click on his radio. "Q, be ready to bug out. Load up everyone you can. If they can not fit in the ATV, Merl carry them. If I give the order to bug out, everyone is to leave immediately. Do not stop until you get back to the caravan. Your next objective is the Indian city we just came from. Do not stop under any circumstance. If I give the Bug out order, Q is in charge."

Timothy will change over to broadcast to both Q and Fell. "Q, Your orders are to return to the Indian city. Once there, you will contact HQ for reinforcements. You will need more supplies and more personnel. How you attack this horde is up to you and command. Hit and run tactics could work, as well as a full scale military campaign. Do not. I repeat Do Not stop for anything. When you get to caravan, get the civilians inline and get them out of here. Fell and I will hold this horde back for as long as we can or 24 hours, whichever comes first."
What? I hate that city. He wants me to go back? Shouldn't I go get Walcott? Qoat stews. The Quick-Flex clicks on the radio, "XO, you've got the altitude, you should try reaching Walcott and let her know what's going down, rather than have us potentially lead this horde back to a defenseless city."
Saul wrote:He leans over to Q, " I don't know about you my dear Qoat, it seems there was a bit of static on that last bit." Saul smiles leaning back into the seat.
" Copy that XO, you broke up on that last part. But Fell has my hat and I aim to make sure I get it back. I will be damned if Simvans get a hold of it."
Timothy Hernandez wrote:"Listen and listen good. We are on a mission. That mission is to ensure the convoy and the medical supplies completes its mission. You running head first into a horde of monsters and dying will not complete that mission. The mission must come first. If you can not follow that, you have no business in the Legion. When I give the word, do exactly I instructed. Do not let this mission fail."
"Saul, we've got our orders, and while I don't like it, he's attempting to have us not be in unnecessary danger," Qoat says a bit of anger laced in his voice at leaving even 2 of his team behind.
Saul wrote:Saul rolls down the window and leans his head out shouting at Williams and the cutthroats, " Boyos, get our med supplies loaded in this fine vehicle. Then get ready war is upon us and we must join forces if we are to survive at all. Williams I love your enthusasim for doing the right thing. I hope you have a head for tactics as we will need someone to make sure our efforts are more coordinated than our negotiations with you. Arise Fell's follies our leader is alone and he has need of us!"
He opens his window, and yells out the cab to the would be bandits, "You heard the man, get your asses in double quick. And don't scuff my qorinthian leather or my next set of seat covers will be from your mangy hides!" He looks back at the sensors, then back at the people. "Whichever of you is the best shot, get up on the rear railgun, the rest of you buckle up near a window and shoot anything that gets too close." He turns back to Saul, "Switch to the Ion Cannon, keep the missiles in reserve for now. We are going to try get past the Simvan and warn Wilcott of the danger."

The Q-Mobile roars out of the compound. The beat of Qoat's heart in time with the thrumming of the nuclear powerplant of the powerful Mountaineer ATV. The turbine howls as the Q-Mobile quickly gains speed as he moves onto the plain. Any Simvan who get in front of the powerful vehicle are grinded under the six powerful wheels, their mounts knocked aside with side-swipe blows as he drifts into them.
Rolls
Notice:[dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
Total: 5

Telepathy (Telemechanics) - Qoat's Band of Mental Communication - Round 4 of 3
  • Duration: 3 (1/round)
  • Effect: +4 to all computer/electronic checks. +4 to Driving rolls (has Ace edge already)
Boost Trait - Greater - Qoat's Skill Calculator - Round 3 of 3
  • Effect: Increase Driving by 2 die types, 4 die types with a raise Driving d8+4 > d12+4
Mass Battle (either to escape or if must fight, run over targets.
  • Driving [dice]2[/dice] (+2 for Veteran Rank, -1 for Battle Conditions)
    Wild Die [dice]3[/dice] (+2 for Veteran Rank, -1 for Battle Conditions)
    Total: 7
Power Points Used: [dice]4[/dice] (Split between the two active devices)

Bennies: 2/3

Band of Mental Connection: 28/30 I.S.P.
Blink Box: 30/30 I.S.P.
Glove of Remote Manipulation: 30/30 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 26/30 I.S.P.
Last edited by Qoat on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Qoat
Qoat

ISP: 30
Pace: 8+1 (d8); Parry: 6; Toughness: 5; Strain: 6
Worn Armor: Triax T-13 Field Mechanic 14(6)
Weapon in Hand: CV-212 Variable Laser Rifle
Cory Tetrascroll

Longshot
Knowledge: Battle [dice]0[/dice]+Extra Effort [dice]1[/dice] Wild [dice]2[/dice]
Telepathy to Fell
[dice]3[/dice] Wild [dice]4[/dice]
Telepathy to Tim
[dice]5[/dice] Wild [dice]6[/dice]
What the hell is happening here? Cory thinks in horror as the 1st SET falls apart. She looks around and tries to comprehend the situation on her own, maybe if she can figure out a third option. Dying is not in her plan for today, and she'd really like to not lose any of her friends (yes, even Tim) to this situation. It especially aggravates her that they are protecting the Cavalry survivors. She has no love for the simvan, but like many with misguided nobility, she feels that they are more deserving of mercy for being a "noble savage" than the self-imposed evil of the First Apocalyptic Cavalry. She is at least willing to blast either group to oblivion if they do threaten innocents. That's a tangent though, she thinks looking around again, maybe she missed something?

Fell!! What the hell are you thinking, come on man! I don't want you to die here! Cory reaches out to Fell, trying to impart as much compassion into her thought as possible. She really doesn't want to lose the juicer. Secretly, but probably obviously, she doesn't want him to die at all, but to go through the detox and life out a healthy life. Come on Fell, this isn't the place to give in! It's not worth it!

Turning to look at Tim, she also sends a mental message his way, Tim, I told you I'd do what you said. I guess, I still will, but this isn't right. We can't leave you and Fell when we can stop these simvan and stop the Cavalry. Please, please don't make us run and leave you behind for nothing.

"Merl, I'm still confused, but I promised Tim I'd listen to him, if you don't want to do what he says, I understand, but I have to, okay? I promised him," Cory says to her friend, fear in her voice.

Cory Tetrascroll
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
[list]+6 Armor, +1 Toughness Edge: Fleet Footed PPE: 5/10; Speed, Teleport[/list]
Overcoat:
Talisman of Marduk:
[list]+1 Toughness, Battle Hardened, +1 Magical Resistance, Linguist, Clairvoyance[/list]
Weapon in Hand:
[list]Damage Str+2d6; AP2 Mega Damage, +1 die to Str, Activation Cost: 4 PP/3rounds, Edges: Strong Willed; PP: 0/5; Fear (2PP), Quickness (4PP), Trappings: Holy & Silver[/list]
(Left) TW Club:
edit signature
"all about long sullen silences, followed by mean comments and then more silences"
"This is a vital magical truth: to know anything, you must become that thing; you can know nothing beyond yourself, but you are everything."
Timothy Hernandez

The seconds feel like hours. Fear, regret and despair can be heard on the radio. Timothy hovers there looking at the Simvan horde thinking just how can this become a victory? Different scenarios play into his mind over and over again.
OOC Comments
(Auto-Ace) Knowledge Battle: [dice]0[/dice] (normal Wild Die) [dice]1[/dice] Total: 5
It's not impossible, and if we can get the casualties to be the army thugs even better.

Timothy broadcasts to everyone. Okay, Listen up. Change of plans. Rescue Fell, destroy the horde. Sinder, run in and grab Fell. Q provide cover fire.
Merl and Cory, cover the left flank by air. Merl, if you decide to land, you will be swarmed. I'll cover the right flank from the air. Sparky, you cover the right flank, Cutthroats, you cover the left flank. Saul, kill the SOB's. If you get over your head, go full defensive.

This should be easy enough to follow, and should reduce the risks.

Timothy readies his rail gun and rails down into the crowd.
OOC Comments
Shooting: [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice] [dice]5[/dice] Wild:[dice]6[/dice]
Spending a Bennie for reroll. [dice]7[/dice] [dice]8[/dice] [dice]9[/dice] [dice]10[/dice] Ace: [dice]12[/dice]Wild: [dice]11[/dice]
Hits:4,6, 17
Damage: [dice]13[/dice], [dice]14[/dice], [dice]15[/dice]
Timothy Hernandez
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

Saul grins when he hears the XOs change of heart, the grin is half hearted at most. I am glad we will not abandon those I swore to Lord Coake himself to proetect. But..." Saul glances down at his hand, "If he only knew the extent to which I would kill... Saul claps Qoat on the back, " The Battle is Joined!" Saul also flips the swirch on the weapons consol to ion weapons per the quick flexe's request.
GM clarification requested
I am unsure if we should roll for our participation in the mass battle now or after a future GM post.
Saul Combat data
Active powers:
Combat edges:
Saul Bennies
+1 post rate
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Merlaggon »

Notice 5
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
Result: 5
Cory Tetrascroll wrote:"Merl, I'm still confused, but I promised Tim I'd listen to him, if you don't want to do what he says, I understand, but I have to, okay? I promised him," Cory says to her friend, fear in her voice.
"B-b-b-but Cory! We can't just leave Fell and Timothy to the Simvans. They would eat them, and that is NOT NICE! We are supposed to help our friends, not leave them behind! I guess I will go... if I have to..."
Timothy Hernandez wrote:Timothy broadcasts to everyone. Okay, Listen up. Change of plans. Rescue Fell, destroy the horde. Sinder, run in and grab Fell. Q provide cover fire.
Merl and Cory, cover the left flank by air. Merl, if you decide to land, you will be swarmed. I'll cover the right flank from the air. Sparky, you cover the right flank, Cutthroats, you cover the left flank. Saul, kill the SOB's. If you get over your head, go full defensive.
That is much better.

"YAY! I don't have to leave my friends behind! Timothy, I will see if I can grab a few boulders from what is left here of the base to drop on them. The rest of the time I will be flying down and scaring and roasting them... unless you think they are worth a few Missiles. They can get to be expensive if I use them too often."
Merlaggon
Alternate Characters: Hans Greuber, Growler

Bennies: 0/3
  • [*]Base Amount
    -2 due Reroll on Hungry Helpers
    -1 due Extra Effort on Armor Power
ISP :20 / 10
PPE :38 /20
Active Psionic Powers: None
Active Magic Powers: Armor (+4 Armor due Raise, -1 to be hit by Ranged Weapons)
Combat Edges: Quick (Shapeshifter's Claw)

Pace: 6 (Fly 12); Parry: 8
Toughness: Dragon Form - 47 (24) 43(20); Size +8
Toughness: Human Form - 15(6); Size 0
Notice: D6
Default Form: Dragon
OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Worn Armor (Human): CA-1 Heavy Deadboy Armor
Weapon in Hand (Human): None
Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sinder »

Sinder is on his hover when he hears the radio call.
Timothy broadcasts to everyone. Okay, Listen up. Change of plans. Rescue Fell, destroy the horde. Sinder, run in and grab Fell. Q provide cover fire. Merl and Cory, cover the left flank by air. Merl, if you decide to land, you will be swarmed. I'll cover the right flank from the air. Sparky, you cover the right flank, Cutthroats, you cover the left flank. Saul, kill the SOB's. If you get over your head, go full defensive.
"Change of plans.?" He thinks this is definitly a 180. "Now we are planning to kill everyone?"

"Fell get ready I'm coming in fast just hang on to me."

Playing the card
"Out of the frying Pan" tries to avoid the the big battle by getting fell and the rest of the group out of there.

Sinder makes the run into the mess, looking for a way in to rescue Fell and going very fast. Top speed is 80

Use two Bennies one to auto ace Driving and one to use my Spirt dice
Driving [dice]0[/dice]
Wild
[dice]1[/dice]
Total Driving 17
Sinder Baron: Burster (Master Psi)
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=190
Nicknames: Little Hotfoot, Phoenix,
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.
ISP:50/50 Spent 8 Left 42
Active Psi Power:Armor, Flight

Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d10, Strength d6, Vigor d4 +1 due to necklace
Charisma: +1 with Bracers, Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 8; Strain: 5

Bennys: 2 for EP, +2 from play, Quarter 3
Cards: Can be played at any time

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP
46 Renown EP Used Battle of Albuquerque

New Cards 4th quarter

3d52 = 99: 35, 30, 34

Seize the Day The character acts as if he had
drawn a Joker this combat round

Revelation Your hero finds all the information
available when doing research, or
realizes critical information when
confronting some obstacle such as
a monster’s weakness, the answer
to a riddle or cipher, etc.

Cutting In Line Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above
15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 4, Ammo: 20/20

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol
15/30/60, Damage 2d6+2, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight 8, Ammo: 20/20
AP Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8
Frag Grenade 18/36/72, Damage 3d6, ROF 1, AP 2, Weight .25, Ammo: 6/8

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Enchantments (One Major): Common Bond
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: Always on.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.
Necklace of Greater Slumber
Major, Greater Slumber Minor#1, +5PP recharges on Leyline Minor #2, +1 to Vigor

Guantlet of the Demon Slayer
Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)
Major: Power Banish/Banish the Horde (3/6 One or Large Burst area)

Minor: +5 PP

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers
FA +6 3 MDC+GA+5/10=11/16 +4

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor
Powers: speed, quickness, intangibility
Super Lightweight Composite: ½ weight, d4 strength requirement when powered
Extra Armor: +6 Armor, +1 toughness (+3, +0 when unpowered)
Activation Cost: 1 ISP/hour
Weight: 7 lbs powered (14 lbs, d6 Min Str when unpowered)
PPE Storage: 10

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Beheading, begets bloodshed, which behooves a big battle
Fell kills and beheads the Simvan chieftain in less time than it takes to unzip your pants. To make matters worse, Fell taunts them with their fallen leader’s head. Goading them into attacking! This causes a temporary scrum between the members of the 1st SET and the Cut Throats as everyone tries to figure out exactly what to do about the huge pack of monster riders out on the horizon. Everything gets way more awkward when one of the Cut Throats recognizes Sinder...and slaps him hard.

“Sinder baron, you son of a bitch. We spend three weeks setting every bed in El Paso on fire and then I never hear from you!” She smacks him again and then lights a fireball in her hands and blasts Sinder with it...of course it doesn’t hurt him. Ain’t pyro love grand?

Rylee Quinn (Burster)

Of course, Sinder takes off like a bat out of hell to get his hover cycle, then makes a plan to rescue Fell but he gets the distinct sense this isn’t over yet.

Out on the range, Fell is suddenly beset by charging warriors. He hears Sinder over the radio telling him to get ready to have his assed pulled from the fire...assuming that’s what the juicer really wants.
Sinder and Fell
Sinder make a piloting roll at -2 to get in past the charging Simvan. Fell make an agility check to jump on board...if you want to stay and fight (aka blaze) then make an opposed strength check to break Sinder’s grip and get back into the fight.
Many of the 1st Cav have Robot Horses (although more than a few were shot up when Cory blew a hole in their vehicle garage) making the whole group pretty mobile. The rest load the medical supplies into the Q-Mobile and one even man’s the rail gun while the others double up on horseback.

Walker mounts his own horse, and one of the Samson’s sling the fallen power armor soldier over his shoulder. Looking at Tim, Walker shrugs.

“Okay tin man. We got mobility and fire power...is this a retreat or a running gun battle?”
OOC Comments
Are we doing the mass battle or is this a chase scene?
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Jackal
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Jackal »

• Hearing Cory in his head is surprising. He grins. The Juicer listens to all the radio chatter and his grin widens. Looking at the horde of Simvan gathered about him, he hears Sinder.

Dropping the Simvan leaders head it rolls towards the rest of the Simvan Monster Riders. A moment of silence passes as it rolls down the small hill and comes to a stop at another Simvan’s feet. Dead eyes look up the other war band member. An angry scowl comes across the beast face and Fell bursts into laughter.

“Good call Tim, Attack!! Right on Sinder, come get me and let’s get into the thick of it! Woot!”

Tossing a few activated grenades down at the closest Simvan they jump back, they had look about ready to attack the Juicer. Fell needed a clear zone for the Burster to come to. As the lad arrives on his hovercycle Fell reaches a hand out to him.

“Sinder! Well met, quick thinking my friend. Here take Saul’s hat for me and get off the bike. Regroup with Tim and lay into these evil marauders! I need to borrow your bike. If I break it, mine is yours. Hurry!”

Fell will carefully and strongly guide the Burster off the cycle, hand him the hat and point at Tim as the Juicer jumps onto the cycle.

Fell looks at the vast amount of raiders and thinks to himself, there is a lot, even for us, need to thin the horde some to make the battle safer for the fam..a..the first.

With a wink and a nod Fell rockets away from Sinder towards the center of the mass of monster riders. Lifting higher into the air he lifts the front of the bike upward and he hovers over the mass of warrior fur and bone below, hitting the hover in place button on the handle bar the Juicer rolls off the bike, backwards, flipping around to face downward, his feet higher and his great chainsaw sword pointed down like a spear. The blade roars to life and the Juicer screams a yell of his own.

Landing among the throng of war band riders, Fell twists and turns the fellblade in at the creatures. Steel and blood, chunks of bone and fur fly in all directions. Hundreds of Simvan swarm inward towards the Juicer and his fury as the blade cuts them down with almost supernatural strength and agility.

His eyes are tearing and his heart pounding as chemicals rip through his body, faster than ever before the 24-year-old Juicer looks like an insane old warrior god as he cuts the beasts down, again, again, and again they fall before his augmented might. An enlarging pile of dead bodies is littering the ground around the Juicer. Like mag flies the Simvan drop dead.

A magical bone spear suddenly flies over the heads of other Simvan and lances through the Juicers chest. The impact knocks the Juicer back, as the blade strikes through his chest, erupting out his back Fell runs forwards grabbing the spear handle and pushing it out his back, punching out at a Simvan it drops, his other hand rips the blade across another Simvans face cleaving its face off. Leaving the spear behind, clattering to the ground, covered in human blood, Fell races forward to strike down the spear thrower.

Almost like he doesn’t know a large hole was punched through him, the Juicer feels no pain and pushes on. Blade striking out right, left, right, over and over, Simvan dropping dead about him.

So many bodies litter the ground around him the Juicer stumbles over a few. Laser shots strike him, puncturing his armor. Throwing the great fellblade across the distance it pierces one Simvan, its energy rifle dropping as the beast rider drops dead.

More Simvan, doing their best to stay back and away from the Juicer open fire on him as he moves blindingly fast towards them. Fear grips the Simvan hearts but warrior instinct keeps them shooting at the Juicer.

As Fell closes the distance and wraps his hands around the throat of a big Simvan it screams at the Juicer, “You’re dead alrea…”

Choked off and neck broken the Juicer drops it.

A bone sword punches through the Juicer from behind him, he looks down at the remains of his heart as the blade stabs out of his chest. Turning fast the blade is torn from the Simvans hands.

Sword protruding from his chest, the Juicer smiles at the Simvan and says:

“Look at them Sayeen. They all grew and learned to work as one. Look there Sir Sayeen, Timothy leads them now, they are coming in to mop up the rest of these vile killers and marauding Simvan. What’s that? Come with you? The fights not over…..alright, if you say so Sayeen. I tried to make you proud.”

Fell salutes in the direction of the 1st SET, sheet white from blood loss, he looks happy.

Severin Fell walks past several others engaged in combat, calmly walking away from the scene. Somehow, no further shots or strikes are made at him as he moves away, dead, walking … at peace.

Dropping to his knees the Juicer slumps, still kneeling, head bowed, a smile on his dead white face.
Character
Jackal

Notes: Increased Action Upgrade (3) Additional Action (Like Split the Seconds), Quick Edge. Parry 9, 10 or 11. Toughness 24 (12) Often wears riot armor in combat but just for looks and it doesn’t add to his Toughness. Otherwise, wears an armored suit & tie, or jeans and t shirts.

The 7th SET

• Chok'lat
- Cyberred up Brodkil Tank
• Strider
- Sea Titan, MARS Scholar
• Growler
- Best Boy Dogboy Nega-Psychic
• Jarvis Ursus
- Kittani PA Jock
• Jonns Mythe
- Quickflex MARS Gunslinger
• Rib
- Trimadore MARS Vagabond Martial Arts & Technical Specialist
• Kriza
- What? A Human?! MARS Psi-Druid
• Jackal
- Oh, whew, another Human...or is it? AI Pilot
• Roy
- True Atlantian Shifter
Timothy Hernandez

"Fell!!!!!! NNNNNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!" The sounds of Timothy blood curling rage can be heard for miles around. Anyone who sees Timothy can see an almost mental transformation, the Timothy of old is not here right now, now hovering in front of everyone is a pure machine of death.

"KILL THEM!!! KILL THEM ALL!!!!!" is the only message that Timothy sends out. A simple, yet impact-full message.
OOC Comments
Combat to come as part of mass battle post.
Timothy Hernandez
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

So this is how it begins? Fell falls and his follies pick up the peices? Saul wipes something out of his eye, " Qoat, get us in there, not for vengence but to remember the man whom Fell was..." Softly Saul whispers, " I... When I was assaigned to the 1st, I took it in part of who the leader was. There was a small town just out side of Newtown. I had heard a Juicer single handedly lifted a bus full of famlies back from a precipice... His name was Fell. That omega level threat that hit the castle last month, Fell lead the charge. There was something about him noble and savage, he straddled the line harnessing his power for good. I wanted a chance to learn from him... I hope that time was time enough...". Saul reaches up to fix his hat only to realize it is not there.
With a saddened smile he summons his conviction, " Sally forth with the wind at our back, I need to fetch my hat."
Saul Combat data
Active powers:
Combat edges:
Saul Bennies
+1 post rate
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Blaze of Glory
Fell's sacrifice creates even odds 7:7 and gives the Simvan a -4 morale penalty. This should go quickly.
Signature
Cory Tetrascroll

OOC Comments
Constant Effects: Alertness; Auto-Mega Damage; Danger Sense; Sense Supernatural Beings (with Notice check)
Cory is not the type to scream "Noooooooooo". But when she sees Fell cut down she does react strongly. Her tiny frame shakes with rage, guilt and anger. Sadness hasn't hit yet. She grabs onto to Merl, debates leaping into the fray. She's already wasted a lot of energy to on vaporizing the bandits. Instead of just flamethowering all of them she tries, and it's hard with her in a crazed state, to think a little strategically instead. She summons her private army to help even the odds. She still has a little bit left for a flamethrower or two.

She's lost her family, she's lost town, she's lost everyone she's known, but somehow watching Fell die us harder than anything else. Cory isn't crying, but there may be tears.
Battle
  1. Mystcism [dice]2[/dice] Wild [dice]3[/dice]
  2. Mystcism [dice]4[/dice] Wild [dice]5[/dice]
  3. Mystcism [dice]6[/dice] Wild [dice]7[/dice]
  4. Mystcism [dice]8[/dice] Wild [dice]9[/dice]

Cory Tetrascroll
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
Overcoat:
Talisman of Marduk:
Weapon in Hand:
(Left) TW Club:
edit signature
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sinder »

Conditions:
OOC Comments
Greater Armor: +10 (5)
Greater Speed: 18 He is moving fast x3 speed and is bouncing off things speed -2 to others trying to attack him and running is a free action(2)
Intangibility: (5)
Exalted Quickness: 2 turn per rounds Handle each separately Ignore 2 points of multi action (8)
One-time reward of 7 (5 remaining) Automatic Aces on any Trait or Skill rolls (7 EP value) will use the 5 remaining to ace during the attack

Sinder rushes in where only fools dare. Yep that sounds about right.

Fell
“Good call Tim, Attack!! Right on Sinder, come get me and let’s get into the thick of it! Woot!”

Fell
“Sinder! Well met, quick thinking my friend. Here take Saul’s hat for me and get off the bike. Regroup with Tim and lay into these evil marauders! I need to borrow your bike. If I break it, mine is yours. Hurry!”
Sinder obeys orders of course. So, he grabs Saul’s hat and looks at it. “I’m here to rescue the hat. I got in here, just to have to go out and then go back in?”

As he looks up he sees Fell take off. “Flaming Bat Crap!” He snaps to it as he witnesses Fell going bat shit crazy and charging into the embrace of Death. He sees Fell roll off the back of his new ride. Next Jacks new bike goes on for a while and then crashes into a group of Simvans and their mounts, tumbling and wreaking havoc wherever it lands. “My Bike!” he thinks for a second then back to Fell’s final seconds. “Sayeen help us.”

There is a fine line between fools and heroes, it is usually determined by the winning side. A deciding point can be when the enemy determines the decision is in the favor of the other side. Sinder sees the immediate effect of Fell’s action on the Simvan. The Will! starts to leave the enemy.

Sinder snaps to and begins to move in unpredictable ways, not away and toward the safety of his line, but to the Simvan. He launches a massive Firebolt into a large group as it charging his line. He places it just behind the front line to take out a huge group. He wants to create a crater in front of the others that are behind the blast. Sinder hopes the huge hole will will make the rest trip and fall in as they are pushed forward by those behind them. He hopes this will blunt part of the charge or completely halt it in one area.

As it explodes into a huge Fireball, He moves into the flames from hell, for cover, then keeps the flames going in the blast area(using Fire Mastery: no Action required, Control the flame) Over the Radio, “Rylee I love you.”

Combat:
Improve flame bolt. (2ISP) for+4 AP; Edge (-2ISP) Fire Blast, Large burst.
Master Psionic: Spend 4 Power Points to get a +2 on Psi Roll
Spends an Ace for Psionic
Psionic: Auto Ace [dice]0[/dice] +2 Master Psi
Total: 11/23
Damage: Auto Ace if I can [dice]2[/dice] +4 AP
Total: 31/71
Spend a benny for Extra effort: Auto Ace 6+[dice]3[/dice]
Total:3/9
Everything Burns: Auto Ace 10+ [dice]4[/dice]
Total 7/17
Power Points used [dice]5[/dice]
Wild Dice [dice]1[/dice]
(stone Melts catch fire)
Last edited by Sinder on Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
OOC Comments
Appearance: 6’2” 180 lbs, medium Red Hair, Blue green eyes, hefty, scruffy beard and moustache, not to muscular.

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP

New Cards 4th quarter

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish
  • Type of Item: An animal hide pouch containing a buffalo knuckle bone, hair, and sinew. The outside of the pouch has a tribal painted herd of buffalo.
  • Trappings: Anyone wearing a Buffalo Spirit Fetish may give her bennies to any other character who is also wearing one. If the wearers cannot communicate with one another then they cannot share bennies.

Character must have Smite before using this blade. looks like a normal Knights Guantlet. but when player activates Smite on it various powers can come forth.
Major: Psi Blade Edge Strength and Spirit damage, AP 6, Smite +4 or with a raise +8 Damage and choose a trapping
Major: Florentine Edge (wield two weapons, adds+1to fighting roll-1 to thoose gang up.)
Major: Power Warriors Gift/ Greater Warriors Gift (4/8. Warriors edge one level lower or two at same level)

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage
Timothy Hernandez

Timothy takes his rage and only focuses on that. Flying into the fray to protect Fells body. Planting his feet on the ground and charging his rail gun, everyone in the area, knows it ready for business. With a simple phrase, the chaos and destruction commences. The Simvans could only do as instructed. "Die you dam dirty lizards" The whining of the rail gun as each projectile was launched towards the each and every Simvan. Bodies of the Simvans fly several feet back as each round strikes their target. The rail gun swings from right to left, clearing each row of raider, leaving a new floor of dead bodies. Not a single Simvan is left standing in his wake when he is done. Timothy stands there with a rail gun that is empty a clip of ammunition. The smell of electricity thick in the air from the constant use of the rail gun.

Timothy lowers his weapon and steps off of Fell. The weight of what just happened weighs heavily on him and its visible even through the Cyborg face. Looking around to ensure the team is doing well.
OOC Comments
Auto Ace Shooting: 10 Shooting: [dice]0[/dice] Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
Timothy Hernandez
Cory Tetrascroll

Elaboration:
Emotionally charged, Cory is wildly aggressive, but aware of her limited power reserves. There are so many simvan, that even with the 1sts proclivity for overkill, it might not be enough. Cory's first thought is to even the odds in even a small way. From Merl's back she calls forth the soldiers of fire she has at her call. She directs them to attack the horde and take some of the focus off the rest of the 1st, mainly Tim and what's left of Fell.

Cory follows Sinder's wave of fiery destruction with her own blast of fire. She chooses to use the firehose approach instead of individual bolts, trying to catch as many of the mounts and riders as possible. The last thing she wants is for the boys on the ground to get trampled by spooked mounts.

Encouraging Merl to use his most fearsome voice and powers to not only destroy (Cory is fooling herself right now and not thinking "kill") the simvan but scare them into inaction. There is a desperate tone to her voice, a strained quality, that is her choking back the sadness and focusing on the righteous indignation she feels in this moment.

If for some reason she finds herself on the ground, Cory will take full advantage of the armor's features. She uses the teleport to move in and out of hand to hand combat with the enemy, and the suit's speed enhancements to run around charging and hoping to keep the simvan off balance. She's very small, and not very strong, so her attacks rely almost entirely on the neural mace's stunning effects. At this point though, a stunned and down simvan is good enough. If she has the power left, she will also use her spells to create fiery barriers herding the simvan and their mounts into Tim's railgun or Sinder's fire, or towards Merl.

She will definitely try to get back to the relative safety of her friendly neighborhood dragon if at all possible. Cory is trying as hard as she can not to feel at this moment, she doesn't want to lose it. Why is this so hard? she asks herself. Maybe it's the team aspect, all of these people here are depending on each other, and somehow they all let Fell down? She shakes her head to clear such thoughts and focuses again on destroying (not killing, right?) the simvan.
Damage
Round:
  1. : [dice]0[/dice] Ace 1.1 [dice]4[/dice] Ace 1.2 [dice]5[/dice] Total 26 3 Wounds Soak (thanks to Merl!): Vigor [dice]6[/dice] Wild [dice]7[/dice] Reroll shitty soak roll: [dice]8[/dice] Wild [dice]9[/dice] Ace [dice]10[/dice] Soaked 2 wounds, 1 wound remaining
  2. : [dice]1[/dice]
  3. : [dice]2[/dice]
  4. : [dice]3[/dice]

Cory Tetrascroll
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
Overcoat:
Talisman of Marduk:
Weapon in Hand:
(Left) TW Club:
edit signature
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Merlaggon »

Intimidate 6
Mass Combat Assist: Intimidate (+2 due Strong Willed, +2 due Fear)
Intimidte: [dice]0[/dice]
Result: 6 - Success. Merlaggon fights well and adds +1 to his side’s Battle Roll, though he suffers 3d6 damage.
Damage: [dice]2[/dice]=15 Damage. No Effect.

Note: Merlaggon is giving Cory his Bennie to allow her to Soak her hit via the Fetish Pouch's Common Bond.
Roaring at the top of his lungs, Merlaggon flies over the Simvan Horde. His very presence gives some of the warriors pause, as does his flaming breath that he strafes across their assembled mass. One of the warriors shoots and hits Merlaggon with a Missile. Shrugging it off, he then looks at his back and sees Cory had suffered the brunt of the missile's strike, severely wounding her. Roaring again in rage, Merlaggon loops back towards the stronghold, taking care to toast the Missile wielding Simvan as he flies over him again.

"First you kill my Fell, then you hurt my Cory. Once I get her to to safety, I am going to return and BURN YOU ALL!!!"
Merlaggon

• [*]Base Amount

OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:
[list][*]Enemy (Patron) - "Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM’s choice becomes your character’s sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is “retired.”[/list]

Weapons Carried: Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol, Chain Greatsword, TW Light Missile Launcher, TW Heavy Railgun (0/120 Shots)

Qoat

Post by Qoat »

The Q-Mobile, loaded with some of the Follies and their erswhile 1st Apoc allies roars out of the compound. The plume of dust kicked up by the six huge wheels better than a flare for calling attention to themselves. Despite the Simvan horde being stunned by Fell's actions, they are able nevertheless to field a portion of them after a moment's hesitatation. They begin to howl and give chase.

Qoat his mind with a laser focus, almost loses control when the XO comes back on the groups' shared frequency.
Timothy Hernandez wrote:"KILL THEM!!! KILL THEM ALL!!!!!" is the only message that Timothy sends out. A simple, yet impact-full message.
"Saul, what's happened back there?" Qoat asks, his hands full driving the large vehicle. Upon hearing that Fell and possibly Cory may have gone down, Qoat says, "Dammit to qell!" All four of his limbs begin to dance on the various controls. "Hold on!" he yells.

Those in the back hear the turbine grow even louder, then feel a juddering as something that most would consider impossible for a Mountaineer Mk 2: the ATV's wheels breakfree for a moment. Then the rear of the vehicle begins to slide...the Q-Mobile is drifting.

In a wide arc, the Q-Mobile begins to turn it's forward momentum into a side ways motion. The front of the vehicle rotating to face the on coming rush of dinosaurs and fury beetles.

Qoat shifting his hands on the controls screams at Saul, "Fire!, Fire!, Fire!"

The wheels churning sand and dirt finally get grip as the whump of the ion cannon fires point blank into the faces of the various beasts in front of them. The Q-Mobile lurches forward translating it's sideways motion forward into it's new direction back towards the action.

Qoat zigs and zags like a pre-rifts, pre-golden age pinball, using the Simvans as the bumpers as it collides with them, flesh no match for the reinforce mega damage frame of the ATV, crushing his foes. The plume of dust, turns to red mud as it thunders back towards the rest of his team.

Rolls
Total: 4

Telepathy (Telemechanics) - Qoat's Band of Mental Communication - Round 5 of 3
  • Effect: +4 to all computer/electronic checks. +4 to Driving rolls (has Ace edge already)
Boost Trait - Greater - Qoat's Skill Calculator - Round 4 of 3
  • Effect: Increase Driving by 2 die types, 4 die types with a raise Driving d8+4 > d12+4
Mass Battle
  • AutoAce, Ace:Driving [dice]2[/dice] (+2 for Veteran Rank, -0 for Battle Conditions)
    Wild Die: [dice]4[/dice] (+2 for Veteran Rank, -1 for Battle Conditions)
    Total: 29

Mass Battle Effect: 2+ raises, +2 to Battle Roll
Power Points Used: [dice]3[/dice] (Split between the two active devices)

Band of Mental Connection: 27/30 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 25/30 I.S.P.
Qoat
Qoat

Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

Mass Battle roll, total 16 gives plus 2 to kn battle roll
[dice]0[/dice] Ace[dice]2[/dice] double Ace [dice]3[/dice] Benny EF [dice]4[/dice]Wild [dice]1[/dice]
War has come to this vessel. Tide flows and has been quelled with sarrow. Saul looks out ahead and to the behind. Responding to Qoat, he says with a false smile, ". Seems like the Simvan's have rallied near Fell... A last hurrah for a Juicer. May we meet again when the deep calls." A blaze of glory the destined fate of all Juicers... Tragic and yet a hero whom died for what he beleived in." Saul seems hesitant to fire the weapons and unleash the missiles, but at Qoat's urging he unleashes what weapons his console has with unerring accuracy, not to kill but to maim or drive them back.
Suddenly Saul shouts out at Qoat, " There Qoat, Timmothy! He is running out of ammo. All hands on deck you calvery swabs! You two grab tqo fresh drums out of the back. Qoat, I'll be damned if Timothy runs out of ammo before the battle is done. Get us as close as you dare, and then bug out and keep smashing." The Q mobile, stops about 15 feet from Timothy and Fells body. Saul and a couple caverly women jump put and make there way to Timothy. Saul smiles and slaps the angry bloodthirsty borg. " Brought you some ammo captain. Common you scallywags lift the drun in and lock and load. The captain here has some killing to do." Saul looks down at his hands while the cavs reload Tim. No, the deep lord is not lurking here. Something else drives the horde, something basic." The Qmobile tears off bouncing into one simvan to another. SUl looks arround and mutters, " Where is my hat?"
Saul Combat data
Active powers:
Combat edges:
Saul Bennies
+1 post rate
Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sparky »

Notice 6
Notice Die [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Sensors + 2
Sparkmort is more than a little aggrieved with these Legionaries' willingness to let these murders off the hook but given the situation that is a discussion for another day. When Severin goes out to meet the Simvan alone with just some idiotic hat in sitting jauntily on his head, Sparkmort can only give a mental shake and grimace. Dammed Juicers are crazy the entire lot of them. I guess you have to be a little nuts to start with just to be willing to undergo the Juicer process in the first place but I'll be damned it that doesn't take the cake.

Sparkmort gages the distance to the Simvan horde and tries to estimate their movement capabilities. Dammit Sparky, you might need to bone up on the nomadic tribes in the area if you are going to be sticking around. It looks like I should be able to maintain my distance though. None of those critters looks like they can move faster than I can and less so if I'm on the bounce.

Still surveying the terrain and checking potential evac routes Sparkmort starts at the sudden, brief violence between Severin and the Simvan Leader. Sonofabitch, did I say he was a little nuts? He's a freaking lunatic! Looking at the other members of the First he wondered not for the first time just what their intentions were. Probably should've gotten a comm frequency from them when you had the chance. Oh well, not like I didn't try but I guess I'll have to remember that Dragon just too young to be relied on. Looks like we're bugging out though.

He tracked the Burster heading towards Severin on his hover bike looking like he was going to do an extraction before things got any hotter. Sparkmort chuckled silently at his inadvertent joke. A few moments later, however, and laughter was the last thing on his mind as he watched Severin commandeer the Burster's bike and charge the Simvan horde! Oh, Severin you damned fool... at least you aren't going down the road Jack took.

With a roar of jets Sparkmort leapt from the roof of the building in a low flat curve that carried him towards the waiting nomads and the lone Juicer locked into one last orgy of destruction. He knew he wasn't going to make it but he kept bounding forward anyway covering 40 yards with each titanic leap, a pair of craters and scorched earth the only legacy of his progress. He was still a hundred yards out when the end came and Severin finally fell.
Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sparky »

Mass Battle, Shooting 14, +2 to Battle Roll
Shooting Die [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
-1 Bennie for Extra Effort
[dice]2[/dice]
+2 for Elan
+1 for Seasoned Rank?
Sparkmort hits the ground and skids forward, his armor's gyros fighting for balance as rock and dirt ping off his armor. In the distance he can see Severins body lying in the blood soaked dust and he knew the Juicer had fought his last battle. "Rest in peace old man." he said quietly. Heh, old man. I'm three times his age and I'm referring to him as old man.

Shaking off his maudlin thoughts he concentrated on the task at hand. The battle was now joined in earnest and he launched an anti-vehicle rocket into one of the more tightly bunched of the mounted Simvan. The explosion had the desired effect wounding rider and beast alike. Riders fought to control their beasts as they searched for the source of the explosion, several of them spying Sparkmort just as he sent another rocket screaming into yet another bunched up batch of riders.

Well that got their attention, he thought to himself has he broke to his left sending yet a third rocket into the first batch of riders, this one anti-personnel. Less dangerous to the mounts but plenty deadly to their riders. When the dust cleared he could see at least half the animals were now riderless and screaming their pain and rage. Those riders that still lived screamed their battle cry and put their mounts to heel determined to run Sparkmort to ground.

Launching one last AP rocket into a third group of Simvan that looked like they were going to flank the cyborg, Sparkmort snapped his rail gun down into firing position. With metronome precision he fired into the oncoming horde picking off as many riders as he could, concentrating on any that looked more important than the rest. He knew it was an educated guess but he had to figure the more gaudy looking the rider the more important he probably was. It was only moments, however, before the leading elements, such as they were, began to bear down on him.

When they were at 20 yards he suddenly leapt back on a roar of flame, landing with knees bent and taking to the air once again with only a moment's pause to get his bearings. With one last leap he judged he had opened the gap sufficiently and once more began picking off riders one by one. The fire was not entirely one sided though and fire slammed into the earth all around him as the surviving Simvan opened fire on him with a variety of weaponry.

Most of the weapons were standard laser small arms and splashed harmlessly off of his armor or burned into the ground with lances of silent light. Occasionally one with a heavier weapon would open up though fortunately he remained an elusive target. A burst of plasma caromed off his chest and he winced as he glanced at his HUD and grinned to himself when it showed the shot had done no damage. Raising his gun he send the plasma gun wielder tumbling from his saddle with another well placed shot.

Leaping into the air once more he continued an intricate dance of fire and maneuver when a telltale flash announced the launch of yet another rocket. This time, however, it was he that was the target! Fortunately, the rider's aim was poor and he angled his flight path away from the rocket's projected point of impact. The blast wave still made the landing interesting though and Sparkmort hit the ground at an angle not even his suit's gyros could handle. Cradling his weapon to him he bounced across the ground for several moments before rolling back to his feet.

Bringing his gun back up he resumed the deadly dance of cat and mouse just staying ahead of the horde that wanted so badly to kill him. Each time he opened the range only to turn and pick of more of the riders and their return fire fell off as their numbers dwindled. Suddenly the tide shifted as riders from the rearmost ranks began to peel off and turn tail. Like most routs this one started slowly and ended in a rush with most of the riderless animals following their leaders' cue and turning tail.

Those few that kept coming were easy targets and he burned them down with ease. Then it was the fox's turn to be the hound and he bounded after the fleeing mass of Simvan, Dinos and Fury Beetles. This time it was to close the gap until he could stop and take his time carefully placing each shot shots to remove another rider from his saddle. Occasionally one of the animals would turn and charge their antagonist in mindless fury only to be gunned down, firing with surgical precision through the eye, up a nasal cavity or down a gaping maw.

Soon it was just a handful of riderless, panicked beasts that fled across the prairie. They were heading out into the wilderness so Sparkmort let them go. He had burned through more than enough ammo for one day. Slowing to a stop he monitored the beasts' progress to ensure they did not change their minds. After a few minutes he was satisfied that they would not be back any time soon and turned to leap into the air once more to make his back to the compound with all due haste to see what had befallen the others.
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Battle of the Plains
Knowledge Battle
Walker
K/Battle [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Bonus from 1st SET: +11
Total: 15

Simvan
K/Battle [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]Total: 5
Simvan Tokens Lost: 3
1st SET Tokens Lost: 1

Morale: [dice]4[/dice] (A complete rout!)
Whatever his convictions regarding d-bees, Walker is a hell of a plains fighter. Taking full advantage of their superior fire power he directs traffic on the battle field very effectively. Keeping the Simvan at range and frustrating their attempts to close for a skirmish. Of course, the heroes of the 1st SET play a central role in the battle. Motivated by the loss of their comrade, either through rage or honor, they fight uncannily well sending many Simvan and their mounts into the ground or fleeing for the hills. After a bloody exchange their lines break and they make a panicked, disorderly retreat, only to be chased and cut down by what remains of the cavalry's heavy robotic horses. The wide plains of Kansas run thick with the blood of Simvan and dinosaurs. Before too long, vultures begin to circle the carnage. Anyone familiar with the west knows the risk of Grigleapers coming for a snack is also now very high.

Armor, swords, and bows made from bone litter the battle field along with a good number of high tech pistols and rifles. Not all of it is serviceable but there's a lot there. The Cut Throats were not unscathed in the fight either as a few overwhelmed bandits are strewn dead about the plains. Crushed under the feet of Rhino Buffalo. Walker's remaining men quickly take to picking over the corpses for loot and valuables.

For his part Walker looks at TIm, "Your man did a hell of a thing. Made this fight a lot easier than it should have been." Shrugging, he mounts a robot horse and begins to form up his troops to ride off into the sunset, "You got yer supplies. We'll be on our way."
Signature
Timothy Hernandez

Timothy picks up Fells sword. "Bio signs terminated. Registering electrical impulses. Registration completed. Timothy Hernandez registered. Altering unit emblem." Timothy is slightly surprised and sad that the sword has changed ownership.

Timothy stands there for a moment registering the impact of what just happened. Fell has died and he is now in charge of the 1st SET and the sword seems to recognizes that as well. Looking up and seeing the carnage in front of him. He does not take pleasure in the following orders.

"Merl. Please dig a nice big hole for Fell. Saul, Please tend to Cory. Sparky, please come to me." Bending down, Timothy looks for Fells ID chip. Once located, the chip is stored for records. Timothy reloads his rail gun. "Now you assholes. Our man did a hell of a thing because you started all of this shit. You think you are going to go that easily?" Timothy charges the rail gun. "Now if i'm not mistaken, you still have a bounty on your head. It seems like you have not been the best representatives of the 1st Cav. Now we can discuss this the nice way, or we can do this my way, please lets do this my way." The rail-gun is leveled at Walker.
Timothy Hernandez
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sinder »

Sinder

Sinder is climbing out to the Lava bed he finds a few items, as he sees the half carcasses of the Simvan mounts. He thinks about Fell, “Fell why?!, We could have been out of here. We could have avoided the battle.” The we could haves kept going through his mind, “Maybe he was right. If we ran off, the 1st reputation might have been damage. The citizens of the town would have paid the price. And the 1st Calvary, would not be here to protect anyone, yes, they are despicable but they help this area too. Yea what would happen if the entire CS was gone in a day, all those people would not have any protection. Would something worst come in and take it’s place?”

He heads on over to where his bike is laying, picking up anything of value he can see. There are scratches everywhere but it survived, not new and shining, like before but in working order. What was he thinking to let Fell have the bike? “That is the last time you get to ride my Bike Fell. Your Grounded! As he recalls what his mother would tell him. Fell is really grounded.” He clears the bike and gets on it and fires it up. And rides toward Tim.

“Hold on Tim, I could place Fell in the Lava bed before it hardens again I could do it with all the fallen." Sinder take up as a mediator, like he saw his parents do so many times before. “You need to think clearly. There was a deal implied that we work together against a common foe. The deal was they would give us back the Meds, which they did. Did the boss lady say go out and kill them? Did she? You are going above your orders."

"He went out there to fight we all saw that. After he won the duel, he purposely threw the head at them, to anger them even more. I was there with the hovercycle, we could have made it out. He! Chose to take the bike and go back into the mess he created. He had no intent on living. He is a Jucier we all Know and saw that he was on his last legs what’s the end of the Juicier motto, ‘Go out in a blaze of glory’. Are we going to deny that to him? The First Calvary will be here on the plains after we are gone, we have to pass through this way again. We don’t need to create enemies for the Castle. What we do has ramifications.”

He turns toward the 1st leader, Walker and Sparky, "Sparky here has claims, Bounties, against some of you. I don’t know what they are for, or if all of you are to blame for these crimes? I don't know all the facts. Sparky needs to colect the bounties. It might be a hard thing to do but the dead who have bounties on them need to be properly processed. Further more Sparky you were here you saw how they fought. Can you, Sparky, go back to the serving government and ask for pardons? For the rest of the 1st Calvary for deeds done on the bounties? Stating how they fought along side of the 1st SET to stop a Horde of Simvans fron posibly Destroying the people of the region.”

“Walker, furthermore, we need a written contract for those of the first Calvary still alive here. It should state, that they will no longer be any part of raiding into other governments area. You will continue to help the citizens of this area in protection. You will not stop, steal or preform any other activity that hinders Castle Refuge or any of its protected clientele from travel through this territory.”

To everyone, "Can we make this work? We will call it Fells Treaty"
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]2[/dice]
OOC Comments

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP

New Cards 4th quarter

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

Timothy Hernandez wrote:Timothy picks up Fells sword. "Bio signs terminated. Registering electrical impulses. Registration completed. Timothy Hernandez registered. Altering unit emblem." Timothy is slightly surprised and sad that the sword has changed ownership.

Timothy stands there for a moment registering the impact of what just happened. Fell has died and he is now in charge of the 1st SET and the sword seems to recognizes that as well. Looking up and seeing the carnage in front of him. He does not take pleasure in the following orders.

"Merl. Please dig a nice big hole for Fell. Saul, Please tend to Cory. Sparky, please come to me." Bending down, Timothy looks for Fells ID chip. Once located, the chip is stored for records. Timothy reloads his rail gun. "Now you assholes. Our man did a hell of a thing because you started all of this shit. You think you are going to go that easily?" Timothy charges the rail gun. "Now if i'm not mistaken, you still have a bounty on your head. It seems like you have not been the best representatives of the 1st Cav. Now we can discuss this the nice way, or we can do this my way, please lets do this my way." The rail-gun is leveled at Walker.
So goes a great hero of the legion. Saul stands before Fell's body looking at it with great concern. He turns to Timothy and Sinder. Sinder seems to have the right idea.
With a friendly smile and jovially says, " Fell deserves to be taken back to the castle, perhaps some kind of parade. He is a vaunted hero and deserves more than a burial on some unknown field." Saul moves to Timothy and his new blade, he looks at it, " The blade looks nice in your hands... But it does not confer leadership of this unit. What happened out on that battle field should tell you that you are not ready. Too much confusion, and you went berserk when Fell went down. If we had not resupplied you, who knows if only one member of the 1st SET would have died." Saul gently pats Timothy on the shoulder reassuring the large borg. " In time, yes you could command this unit, but..." Saul gestures to Qoat, " I have not been with the 1st for long, but Qoat seems to be someone that could lead this unit with a fair and level head." Saul places his hands behind his back maintaining his friendly smile, " I say the sword belongs in your hands, and learn from Fell, learn from Qoat, and in time you will be ready... What say the rest of the 1st would Qoat be a suitable commander?"
Saul Combat data
Active powers:
Combat edges:
Saul Bennies
+1 post rate
Timothy Hernandez

OOC Comments
Notice: [dice]0[/dice] wild: [dice]1[/dice]
Timothy is waiting for a response from Walker. Sinder doesn't have a bad idea there, I will be able to support this. Sinder has a good head on his shoulders. When Saul walks up and speaks his mind. Who the fuck does this asshole think he is?

"Saul, who's in charge needs to be handled later. Cory needs medical attention. Are you able to help her or not?"
Timothy Hernandez
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

Timothy Hernandez wrote:
OOC Comments
Notice: [dice]24565:0[/dice] wild: [dice]24565:1[/dice]
Timothy is waiting for a response from Walker. Sinder doesn't have a bad idea there, I will be able to support this. Sinder has a good head on his shoulders. When Saul walks up and speaks his mind. Who the fuck does this asshole think he is?

"Saul, who's in charge needs to be handled later. Cory needs medical attention. Are you able to help her or not?"
Friendly as ever Saul nods, " I would only heal her if she allows it. From what I know of her she is a mystic, a deeply religious group of people. During battle healing is one thing, but now given a brief respite I cannot heal her without consent. Healing cannot be commanded, anymore than the winds. It is a personal experience where the life energies between two willing parties mingles... For a breif moment, she and I are one like the sea, salt and water." Saul moves towards Cory and pulls a conch off his armor and extends it to her. " Take this, but be warned you will see my greatest fear, the Deep Lord, and I will have a glimpse of yours."
Saul Combat data
Active powers:
Combat edges:
Saul Bennies
+1 post rate
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sinder »

Sinder looks at his hand that has Sauls hat in it, "Saul, fell wated you to have your hat back." Sinder hands thehat carefully to Saul. He continues, "I tried to keep it safe."

After the negotiation he looks for Rylee. "Rylee, please, we need to talk."
OOC Comments

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP

New Cards 4th quarter

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

Sinder wrote:Sinder looks at his hand that has Sauls hat in it, "Saul, fell wated you to have your hat back." Sinder hands thehat carefully to Saul. He continues, "I tried to keep it safe."

After the negotiation he looks for Rylee. "Rylee, please, we need to talk."
Saul seems a bit tired from the days adventure, and accepts the hat with a friendly smile, " Fell even in death you do us favors. Sinder did I ever tell you the time Fell saved a school bus single handedly out in New Town? Or the time Fell led the legion standing back to back with Timothy against creatures from what could only be described as the ninth realm of hell itself?" Saul takes the hat back and pops it on his head where it seems to have naturally belonged. He grasps Sinder's hand in thanks.
Saul Combat data
Active powers:
Combat edges:
Saul Bennies
+1 post rate
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sinder »

Sinder glances at Saul, "I just got with the group. Sayeen died, then his daughter, goes away, and now Fell. Not the best time for me. Seems a lot of friends in the first are going."
"No not jinx, just bad timing or good timing? Still not sure."
OOC Comments

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP

New Cards 4th quarter

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage
Qoat

Post by Qoat »

Seeing the remaining Simvan running away, no longer and organized, coordinated force, Qoat lifts his foot from the accelerator. The Q-Mobile's turbine drops to it's lower normal bass grumble. Qoat drives over to where he sees Sinder and Timothy near Fell's body. Still not a fair trade, Qoat muses, Fell's life still worth more than all of theirs. When we get Walcott to Colorado, maybe I should ask for a transfer to the motorpool.

Unlocking all the doors, Qoat watches Saul hop out to speak with Timothy and Sinder. He's got nothing to say, he moves out of his seat and finds the missing supplies and stores it securely in the lockers. He checks to make sure none of his 1st Apoc passengers tried to use their five finger discount on the 1st's equipment. He then checks over the Q-Mobile patting the new dents on the heavy armored hull. "You did it my friend, saved my life again." When they are ready, he arranges a spot in the cargo compartment for Fell's spot, making sure it won't be disturbed on the drive back to the shanty town where this particular misadventure began.
Rolls
Total:

Band of Mental Connection: 21/30 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 19/30 I.S.P.
Qoat
Qoat

Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Merlaggon »

Notice 3
Result: 3
Venatus Vinco wrote: Armor, swords, and bows made from bone litter the battle field along with a good number of high tech pistols and rifles. Not all of it is serviceable but there's a lot there. The Cut Throats were not unscathed in the fight either as a few overwhelmed bandits are strewn dead about the plains. Crushed under the feet of Rhino Buffalo. Walker's remaining men quickly take to picking over the corpses for loot and valuables.

For his part Walker looks at Tim, "Your man did a hell of a thing. Made this fight a lot easier than it should have been." Shrugging, he mounts a robot horse and begins to form up his troops to ride off into the sunset, "You got yer supplies. We'll be on our way."
Intimidate 9
Intimidate (+2 from Strong Willed, +2 from Being a Dragon)
Intimidate: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild: [dice]3[/dice]
Result: 9
"Walker, who said you get to loot the Simvan, or to leave? I think you will be waiting until Timothy and the rest of us say that you can go. If you need for us to show you again what we can do, you would not like the outcome. You and your men will wait here. We haven't even determined that our supplies are still here."

With that, Merlaggon bites a HUGE chunk off of one of the dinosaur corpses and eats it, glaring at the bandits, before starting looting the Simvan corpses himself.

"Timothy, I can dig a deep hole to bury Fell, but I believe Q intends to bring his body back to the Legion for honors. In the mean time, I am looking to see what of value I can get off of these... hey, that looks cool..."
Merlaggon

• [*]Base Amount

OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:

Cory Tetrascroll

OOC Comments
Cory got her ass beat. Sometimes she forgets that she's only a tiny teen in a big bad world. Getting her ass beat is a good reminder. Skulking away she holes up to rest, out of the fight, and seethes. Not at anything specifically, just a side effect of the pain and humiliation, the death of Fell (which hurts way more than she admits to anyone, especially herself), and the general slaughter. The remaining moral ambiguity surrounding their next step with the Cut Throats, doesn't help.

But mostly she's hurt. She isn't near death or anything, but she is humiliated. Self doubt, the hallmark of moody teens, goes a long way to distracting her from all the real problems.

Saul and Sinder and Tim seem to be seriously debating things. At this point, maybe, she's more distracted by dead Fell. So she really doesn't care, she is willing to blindly follow Tim, just because that's the least effort.
Wishful Thinking
Now of course if looking around a little in the piles of stuff the bandits left around finds her a magic sword...she might look around a little....

Cory Tetrascroll
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
Overcoat:
Talisman of Marduk:
Weapon in Hand:
(Left) TW Club:
edit signature
Timothy Hernandez

"Timothy, I can dig a deep hole to bury Fell, but I believe Q intends to bring his body back to the Legion for honors. In the mean time, I am looking to see what of value I can get off of these... hey, that looks cool..."
"Sinder is your best bet for getting out of hear alive Walker. Whats it gonna be?" The guys are pretty determined to bring Fell back, it's only right since we hid Lail. It would be nice to have some form of honorable closer for one of the fallen again.

"Sinder, encase Fell in the lava. We'll make sure he has a respected spot somewhere in the convoy." Does the legion even have a flag?Do we have one? Things for a later time. "Q, do you have a tomorrow legion flag we can drape over his body?"
Timothy Hernandez
Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sparky »

Notice 5, Common Knowledge 5
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
+2 from PA Sensors
Common Knowlege [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
-1 bennie for Extra Effort
Extra Effort [dice]4[/dice]
+2 from Elan
Dammit!!
With the battle over Sparkmort returns to where the others are gathered near where Severin fell. Even in his grim mood his double entendre coaxed a wry grin to his face. "Well Severin I'm sorry our reunion didn't last longer but I'm glad you got to go out on your own terms. Whatever the next life holds for you I hope you find it long and rewarding." And at least you didn't follow the path that Jack took.

Hearing Sinder's proposal, Sparkmort's face tightens with anger behind his armored visor. "A treaty? With an element of the 1st Cavalry? Are you insane? The stories I heard about the Legion must be a giant load of crap if that is your best idea."

Stalking over to Walker, Sparkmort jabs a gauntleted finger at him "This human and other under his command are perfectly fine harassing and killing any D-Bee that has the audacity to settle on human claimed land. You make a treaty with these people and when they raze a Fennodi ranch to the ground or decimate a village for treating their Trimadore neighbors as equals I don't want to hear about your so called Legion justice." By the end Sparkmort's voice is dripping with disdain as his anger builds.

"If you want to do the right thing then arrest them and hand them over to a competent authority for trial. If the Legion doesn't want to take the responsibility for them then hand them over to the authorities in Hope. But if the Legion really is supposed to be this new standard for free beings of all races then the last thing you should be doing is cutting a deal with these people. Oh and for the record I don't give a crap about the bounty. Bounties are just to keep this tin can running and the supplies stocked. I'm just looking to give the people out here on the backside of nowhere some semblance of justice. Call it corny if you like I really don't give a crap."
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Bodies, Bounties, and Booty
(not that kind of Booty, sheesh)

After a protracted debate about frontier justice, right and wrong, and everything in between it is decided to turn the remaining Cutthroats over to the authorities in the Colorado Baronies.

The Tomorrow Legion itself is an entity but not a nation. It has no real laws that cover this sort of thing, the best operational procedure is to defer to the local authority as appropriate. This case seems appropriate. Having tangled with the 1st SET before, Walker holds off his retreat while the group debates his future. Although no one actually restrains or otherwise disarms the Cutthroats they seem docile to the action. Maybe they’ve seen enough fighting for one day. When their fate is decided the group comes peacefully enough...except Rylee who never ceases to berate and burn Sinder.

Conducting a quick battlefield salvage, with help from Cory to quickly locate items of mystical significance and Qooat to find serviable technology, yields more than even Merlaggon can carry. A sort of value triage needs to take place to decide what to keep.
Loot
Below is a list of things, rather than keep a big detailed inventory of crap if you want some stuff from this list, claim it. They rest will just go as “salvage” and turn into a credit amount at your next stop.

Salvage Amount: [dice]0[/dice] x 100,000
1st Cavalry Salvage
Robot Horse: Savage Foes of North America, page 46.

Weapons Gimble: Negates up to 25 pounds of a weapon’s weight (though it has 5 pounds of its own), and allows the user to ignore any penalties for recoil or minimum Strength.

Fusion Blocks: Large 5d10 damage, AP 20, Small Burst Template. Small, 4d6 damage, Large Burst Template.

Water Purification Filter: These can-sized containers clean even the most toxic water of sediment and impurities (which are drained out the bottom). It produces 12 ounces of clean drinking water in about one minute.

Infared Distancing Binoculars: Two-mile range with infrared overlays, crosshair targeting, and real-time digital output of distance and estimated travel times to targeted locations. (2 lbs.)

Silver Cross: This is handheld and easily presented against supernatural evil. Bottom part is sharpened for use as a weapon/stake (Str+d4, not Mega Damage) (1 lb.)

EMP Scrambler Gun: A special energy disruption pistol designed to cause small mundane technology to fail temporarily. The wielder uses either his Shooting skill to target a technological device no larger than a rifle (−4 Called Shot penalty for any hand-held item targeted). On a successful hit, the device won’t work for one round; it fails to operate for three rounds on a raise. Device has a range of 12/24/48 and 10 shots per e-clip (.5 lb)

TW Chainshortsword: Cory’s signature item.
Simvan Loot
Predator Skull (EW Item)
The skull of a predator, usually a dinosaur or other monster, enchanted for hunt and tracking prey. It provides +2 to sight-based Notice checks, and the wearer gains access to darksight, farsight, and detect arcana. The helmet requires 1 Power Point per hour of use. (1 lb, 30,000 credits)

Bone Sword
Dangerous swords made from the sharpened bones of dinosaurs and supernatural creatures. Extremely tough and sharp.
Str+1d10, AP 4, Mega Damage.

Bone Armor
Provides, +5 Armor and +1 Toughness but has no environmental systems. It has a d6 Strength Minimum. All natural materials that don't interfere with magic or psionics. (16 lb)

TX-30 Ion Pulse Rifle: TLPG, page 93
On the matter of Fell’s body, Sinder (and surprisingly Rylee) manage to melt enough stone to encase Fell’s body. The monument is a fitting testament to the team leader’s legacy but is also stupid heavy. After lashing it to the top of the Q-Mobile the team heads back to the convoy with prisoners and salvage in tow. Walcott is happy to see her medical supplies returned but is very distressed about Fell’s death.

Looking at the remaining members of the first she sighs, ”Figure out who your new leader will be. You have between now and when we hit the Baronies to get it sorted out.”
Leadership Debate
Decide among yourselves in and out of character who the new leader will be. Remember, SETs choose their leader so it doesn’t have to be your XO...although that is an option. It’s up to you all.
Signature
Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sparky »

On the way to the encampment Sparkmort disappears for a half hour or so and turns back up with a sizable create outfitted with carrying straps. "This suit doesn't come with pockets you know. Working solo I have to bury my stash of spare ammo and gear somewhere relatively safe while I'm working. Speaking of which is there a place I can store this stuff? I don't mind carrying it but I'm always a bit paranoid it will get blown up in the middle of a fight and I do have all my spare undies in there."

Sparkmort introduces himself to the convoy leader tossing off an informal salute, "Sparkmort Zipwidget at your service ma'am but my friends can call me Sparky. I don't suppose this caravan is going to be stationary for a few hours or so? I've been in this tin can for a couple days now tracking those Cutthroat yahoos and I'd sure like to peel thing thing off for a few and get cleaned up. Of course if you folk are itching to get moving I can stand my masculine aroma for a while longer." he finishes with a chuckle.
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sinder »

As Sinder and Rylee are alone taking care of Fells body, Sinder decides to speak to her in a low voice, “Rylee I love you, but shortly after you left for a visit, your X-boyfriend came to town and he came with your brother, cousins and uncles. I think they were looking for me. I knew it was your brother because of the way you described him, red hair, buck teeth and Ugly. You did get all the good-looking genes in the family. I remember how you told me he was a bully and would hit you. They out numbered me and were heading right for your room at the Inn. I quickly gathered my gear and headed out the back. They searched the Inn and then fanned out in town. I headed to the lumber yard. I thought that would be a great place to hide in the piles of lumber. While evading one I ran into your brother we had a fight. I knocked him out and also his two front teeth. I knew the rest of the gang were closing in. So, I grabbed his teeth and I got the hell out of town. I took one of their rides and crippled the others rides. Then high tailed it out of town to the North. I thought if you didn’t find me in town you would head north, as you said it was one of the places that you would like to go.”

Sinder reaches into his chest pocket and pulls out a necklace with two big front teeth, “I didn’t want to stay there and get killed or kill any of your relatives. It might drive a wedge between us. So, I waited and kept going north to Indian Territory, there I waited for a while and lost hope, I tried to get married there after a year or two but never did. The elders said it wasn’t my fate. So, I wandered more.”

Sinder and Rylee gently finsh up the Rodan of Fell. The heat doesnt burn the body, as both keep contact with his body so he is imune to the heat.

Loot:
OOC Comments
Sinder is intrested in the, Emp scrambler, the Skull, or the robot horse
OOC Comments

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP

New Cards 4th quarter

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

Sparky wrote:On the way to the encampment Sparkmort disappears for a half hour or so and turns back up with a sizable create outfitted with carrying straps. "This suit doesn't come with pockets you know. Working solo I have to bury my stash of spare ammo and gear somewhere relatively safe while I'm working. Speaking of which is there a place I can store this stuff? I don't mind carrying it but I'm always a bit paranoid it will get blown up in the middle of a fight and I do have all my spare undies in there."

Sparkmort introduces himself to the convoy leader tossing off an informal salute, "Sparkmort Zipwidget at your service ma'am but my friends can call me Sparky. I don't suppose this caravan is going to be stationary for a few hours or so? I've been in this tin can for a couple days now tracking those Cutthroat yahoos and I'd sure like to peel thing thing off for a few and get cleaned up. Of course if you folk are itching to get moving I can stand my masculine aroma for a while longer." he finishes with a chuckle.
Saul gives Walcott a look that is friendly with a great smile. Next time, don't let your supplies be so easily stolen. We lost a good man today, and we can't afford to loose more. I know you are involved... Someday I'll see you strung up.

Saul whips out a couple of glass stoppers and gets close to Spark. He carefully unstoppers each of them, lets the air flow into them, then carefully re stoppers them. He winks at Walcott, " Just in case you need some of that aroma for latter." Saul taps his top hat, twirls his cane accidentally banging it on Spark's suit. " Oh a bit less flourish next time. Sorry Mr. Sparkmort... Let me get that smudge." Saul wipes the suit where he scuffed it with his cane. " Seems like you knew Fell well, can you tell me about him, before he joined the Legion?"
Saul Combat data
Active powers:
Combat edges:
Saul Bennies
+1 post rate
Timothy Hernandez

Timothy leads the team back to the convoy. "If you want to travel with us for a bit Sparky, by all means. Here are our com codes. Sinder, good job on talking the cav down. I'll be sure to highlight that in the report."

Once the team is back at the convoy, "Time for a team meeting. With Fell in his current state, in most military organizations I would step in to take command. Now that the mission is completed, Per our rather unorthodox and democratic process it's time to select a new team leader." Timothy will take a helmet as is the tradition, and place it so people can put the votes in.

"It's time to vote. If you feel like you or someone else is good enough to lead this team, put in the helmet."

Timothy will of course vote for himself.
Timothy Hernandez
Sinder
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sinder »

Sinder puts a slip in the helmet.
OOC Comments
One vote for Tim
"Sounds good, are we going to take a vote for diner too?"
OOC Comments

5 Out of the Frying Pan
31 Flesh Wound EP

New Cards 4th quarter

Weapon
In hand:
NG-33 Laser Pistol
for gun above

On belt:
NG Super Laser Pistol

Code:
Buffalo Spirit Fetish

ARMOR:

Armor Via Powers

Physical Armor
TW Cannonball Armor

Plastic Man +4+4
in storage
Timothy Hernandez

"Sounds good, are we going to take a vote for diner too?"
"God, I hope not."
Timothy Hernandez
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

What a mess I am. This tin can hates me. At least Sinder gave me my hat back... Who is that woman, and why did she slap him? At least Qoat let me fire some weapons. Cory seemed to not want healing... Merlaggon, just keeps staring at Cory when something comes up... What is that about? Now a vote, fracking Walcott... I bet you are thrilled to have the medical supplies back, sold them once to the calvery, now you can do it again. You know damn well you did this!!! The others might be blind to your misdeeds, but Fell's death is on your shoulders. I hope underneath that beautiful flesh is a thornehead demon that I can plunge this stick imbued with my righteous fury right into your gordamn pretty face. Saul smiles and raises his hand apologetically.

" I just got off the boat yesterday. I am not sure who would be the best leader. If I had to choose based on pure strength I would go with Merlaggon. Rapier whit would be Qoat. Emphatic Righteous would be Cory. Railgun Heroics would be Timothy. Passion would be Sinder. Sparkmort seems to know who we should be, perhaps being able to see people for their promise is just as deserving of being a leader." Saul looks at the ground gripping his cane tightly. The jovial nature that is usually present drains away. " Truthfully, I will try to follow whomever is elected leader, but you must know I also must adhere to my own code, similar in nature to the cyberknights, but it drives me and ultimately guides my actions. If my code and heart were in conflict with the leaders or even tomorrow legions orders, as a sea inquisitor I will try but I do not feel bound to blindly follow orders. I must abstain as I have just joined." After his peace he grabs a bone blade and sits down taking a breather.
Saul Combat data
Active powers:
Combat edges:
Saul Bennies
+1 post rate
Cory Tetrascroll

OOC Comments
Cory doesn't think about it too much. She doesn't like Tim as a person, but he is actually a better leader that Fell. He has a level head. She will just need to make sure she acts as the check on his cruel streak. With Merl to back her up, that might actually work.
Telepathy
Telepathy [dice]2[/dice] Wild [dice]3[/dice]
She shoots some thoughts over to Merl describing her choice, but also making sure he knows that he can choose however he wants.

"Merl, I'm choosing Tim. He's a jerk, but he's a pretty good leader. We have our job to make sure he doesn't get mean or cruel. That's what I think. I want you to know that you can do whatever you want, even if you disagree with me. Okay?"

Then Cory casts her vote and smiles at Tim. "Like, I totally think all of us will like miss Fell, you know, right. So, like, I still am more like confident in your leadership, alright? Just don't be a dick."

Cory feels strange rooting around through all the bodies for loot. But after her town was destroyed she discovered that looting is part of life. Nothing goes to waste. If the simvan had one, not only would they be looting, they'd be eating people too. She's not going that far. Picking around through the rubble, her first big find is a tiny TW chainsword. That immediately goes on her belt. She'll happily claim the fancy infrared binoculars and the silver cross, but won't argue with anyone over them.

Out in the field, she's a little conflicted about the simvan stuff. She's not sure where the necromancy line is. These are animal parts, but it seems more like the Native American magic traditions than the dark necromantic ways. The bone swords are way too heavy for her, plus she just got her nifty little chainsword. The skull helmet is interesting and she wonders what it might do. The armor isn't an improvement on either suit she has now. She decides to try and the helmet and see what it does. If there's anyone interested in it, she'll explain to them it's function. And the rifle is obviously out, she's not even interested, her power is so much stronger than that weapon.

She also palls around with Merl, laughing at his greed fueled loot binge. She shows off her new sword and the skull helmet, telling him what they do.

"You know, like this helmet, I'm not so sure. Normally magic from dead things is bad, but the simvan seem to have like a respect for nature and this is just part of how they acknowledge that. Necromancers, like, they're pretty much the most evil of evil. Maybe because they generally kill sentient things. I don't know, it's hard to say, but this doesn't seem bad. Like, that's my instinct."
Loot Summary
  • Signature Chainsword
  • Bone Helmet
  • Infrared Binoculars
  • Silver Cross

Cory Tetrascroll
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
Overcoat:
Talisman of Marduk:
Weapon in Hand:
(Left) TW Club:
edit signature
Timothy Hernandez

"Like, I totally think all of us will like miss Fell, you know, right. So, like, I still am more like confident in your leadership, alright? Just don't be a dick."
Timothy stands there for a moment taking in Cory words. "As long as you and Sinder speak up your minds, we all will make the right choices."

Does Q need to be the XO? Cory could make a good XO. How much longer does she need to be Merls mother? What about Sinder? Sinder could probably make a good XO as well. The team is a shadow of what it started with. Sinder, Fell and Lail have had some serious impact on team morality. Timothy contemplates on the upcoming choices. His confidence is heightened with the comments from the longstanding core of the team.

The chain sword starts to beep. This brings Timothy to the moment. Lifting the sword to view whats its doing. The team logo is being developed, Timothy has no idea how this is working, but it is. An image is being formed of the sword, with flames behind. The flames form the outer shape of a number one and red lettering writes in the sword "SE" horizontally, the hilt forming the T.

I don't get it, but okay. Lets see if we can get this approved back at HQ.
Timothy Hernandez
Qoat

Post by Qoat »

Qoat listens to his team's discussion as he organize the various weapons and gear from their defeated foes. The Quick-Flex is pragmatic, they were lucky, very lucky. Not taking advantage of what his enemies can no longer use may make the difference in the next battle between life and death.

He puts aside the Fusion Blocks, Water Purification Filter, Silver Cross, and Infrared Distancing Binoculars. He holds out the cross and water filter at arms length, studying them. Then he looks up in the sky, a bit of 'now what' on his noseless features as if he were wordless asking some deity what may happen to the 1st next. He shakes his head with a bit of grin. We're the first for a reason.

Once Timothy welcomes Sparky into the group, Qoat says to him. "Your welcome to store your power armor in the back and 'air out' for a while."

When it's time to vote, Qoat defers to Timothy's blood thirsty military demeanor. He'd seen enough of that when consripted at Tolkeen to stand up to pure might. Besides, he did want to save the team at first, perhaps with actual command responsiblities, his anger will be better channeled.

When the convoy begins to roll, he calls out, "Who's riding shotgun?"

Rolls
Total: 4

Band of Mental Connection: 21/30 I.S.P.
Skill Calculator: 19/30 I.S.P.
Qoat
Qoat

Cory Tetrascroll

[Rolls carried over]

Wandering back to the main group from her tour with Merl, Cory walks over to Tim and shoves her new sword in his face, "See, look, like I'm part of the team now, right, like a chainswords like our emblem right?"
OOC Comments
If we have a logo, it has to have a chainsword. Just sayin'

Cory Tetrascroll
Worn Armor:
Custom CK Armor:
Overcoat:
Talisman of Marduk:
Weapon in Hand:
(Left) TW Club:
edit signature
Timothy Hernandez

Cory Tetrascroll wrote:[Rolls carried over]

Wandering back to the main group from her tour with Merl, Cory walks over to Tim and shoves her new sword in his face, "See, look, like I'm part of the team now, right, like a chainswords like our emblem right?"
OOC Comments
If we have a logo, it has to have a chainsword. Just sayin'

Timothy grins with the presentation of the chain sword. "Welcome to the team Cory." Meanwhile Fells blade makes more beeps as the sword icon changes to have a jagged blade that looks like a chain sword. "I don't get this dam thing. It acts just like Fell."
Timothy Hernandez
Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sparky »

Saul wrote: Saul whips out a couple of glass stoppers and gets close to Spark. He carefully unstoppers each of them, lets the air flow into them, then carefully re stoppers them. He winks at Walcott, " Just in case you need some of that aroma for latter." Saul taps his top hat, twirls his cane accidentally banging it on Spark's suit. " Oh a bit less flourish next time. Sorry Mr. Sparkmort... Let me get that smudge." Saul wipes the suit where he scuffed it with his cane. " Seems like you knew Fell well, can you tell me about him, before he joined the Legion?"
"Yeah, I knew Severin back during the Juicer Uprising. A guy I worked with in the family business was a Juicer and we got to be pretty good mates, you know? Anyway, we ended up at Newtown for the cure which as you know turned out to be a load of shit." Sparkmort is silent for a moment as the memories wash through him. "We threw in with the Juicer Liberation Army and ended up in the same group of fighters as Severin. A lot of Juicers go on the juice because they want power for power's sake. I don't know exactly why Severin went through the process but I suspect it was for a lot better reason than just to kick ass. A lot of bad stuff happened on both sides of that war but Severin always made sure that we never crossed a line we couldn't come back from."

Glancing at the rock "coffin" Sparkmort pauses again and continues a little wistfully. "I'm glad Severin got the chance to go out on his own terms. I wish Jack had... never mind, it doesn't matter now. You know, ironically it was Severin that inspired me into the bounty hunter business. There are just too many communities out there that have no protection from the bandits and outlaws that prey on them. I'm not the hero that he was but offering my services to places like that needed help seemed like a pretty good use of my time."
Sparky
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sparky »

Timothy Hernandez wrote:Timothy leads the team back to the convoy. "If you want to travel with us for a bit Sparky, by all means. Here are our com codes. Sinder, good job on talking the cav down. I'll be sure to highlight that in the report."

Once the team is back at the convoy, "Time for a team meeting. With Fell in his current state, in most military organizations I would step in to take command. Now that the mission is completed, Per our rather unorthodox and democratic process it's time to select a new team leader." Timothy will take a helmet as is the tradition, and place it so people can put the votes in.

"It's time to vote. If you feel like you or someone else is good enough to lead this team, put in the helmet."

Timothy will of course vote for himself.
"Well, maybe it's time to stop running solo for a while at that. I'm no soldier though so I hope you don't expect any of that Yes Sir, No Sir, Right Away Sir crap. But I'll be where you need me to be when you need me to be there. However, just so you know where I stand I don't kill prisoners and I don't kill civilians that aren't trying to kill me first. We can figure out the rest as we go along. And I don't know if you were wanting me to vote or not but I don't know you folks well enough yet to be making those sorts of calls. Severin seems to think a lot of you folks and that says a lot to me about your character but I might as well close my eyes and go eeny meeny miney moe as pick any one of you right now."
Notice 11, Common Knowledge 11
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Wild Die Ace [dice]2[/dice]
+2 from PA Sensors

Common Knowledge Die [dice]3[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die Ace [dice]5[/dice]
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

Saul heads over to Tim and Cory. Very friendly with a great big smile he says, " I don't have a chain sword, just this stick." He clumsily holds his sword cane aloft. " Umm, I am not sure what I do next..." Saul looks at there sweet swords and chuckles lowering the cane sword. " Well whether or not I am part of the team, I have been assigned to the 1st. Let me know if I should set sail else where and I will. Timothy, congratulations. I know I was out spoken against it, and in the battle I fought against your orders. I'll do my best, but there will be times I must adhere to my code above all orders... Just something you should know. Saul gives a nod and heads back over to Sparkmort.

Saul smiles at Sparkmort after he finishes telling him about Fell. " Thank you, for sharing as I know the grief is near. I don't know you hardly at all. But you wear your heart on a slevee if you don't mind me saying. I would venture to say in the end you will prove to be just as heroic as our dear leader... Something about you, and not just your aroma, tells me this." Saul reaches out to shake his hand. " Glad to have you aboard."
Saul Combat data
Active powers:
Combat edges:
Saul Bennies
+1 post rate
Timothy Hernandez

Saul heads over to Tim and Cory. Very friendly with a great big smile he says, " I don't have a chain sword, just this stick." He clumsily holds his sword cane aloft. " Umm, I am not sure what I do next..." Saul looks at there sweet swords and chuckles lowering the cane sword. " Well whether or not I am part of the team, I have been assigned to the 1st. Let me know if I should set sail else where and I will. Timothy, congratulations. I know I was out spoken against it, and in the battle I fought against your orders. I'll do my best, but there will be times I must adhere to my code above all orders... Just something you should know."
Timothy looks at Saul. "You are apart of the team. You have your opinions on how things should be done, then make a case for it. I don't hold your vote over you for anything. As long as your religion doesn't get anyone killed, then i'm okay with it."
Timothy Hernandez
Saul
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Saul »

Saul tips his hat to Timothy and smiles at the borg. " You have the team voting your way. A hard storm approaches, will you lead us through it? Or will you snap like when Fell died? Consider these words Timothy. When the Tusanimi hits us will you stand as if the mighty rock and let it effortlessly crash against your breaks, or will you be the blazen ship torren asunder?"
Captain Morgon, failed when the deep lord came for us. A siren's call along the horizon beckoning us into the murky depths 50 fathoms below. Where did the Captain's cry for blood get us? A wrecked ship... a lost crew... Saul shudders and trips over some loose dirt. His head hits Timothy's frame. " Oh! Sorry Timothy... I better get over to the Q mobile, I think he is offering shotgun to the first to claim it."
Saul Combat data
Active powers:
Combat edges:
Saul Bennies
+1 post rate
Merlaggon
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Merlaggon »

Notice 2
Result: 2
Taking care to fill his cargo net with an much valuables from the Simvan as possible, Merlaggon does not have any preferences for personal use. None of it appears to be big enough to use in his true form, and he has enough gear to use in the rare occasions he shrinks down to his puny human form.

"
Cory Tetrascroll wrote:"Merl, I'm choosing Tim. He's a jerk, but he's a pretty good leader. We have our job to make sure he doesn't get mean or cruel. That's what I think. I want you to know that you can do whatever you want, even if you disagree with me. Okay?"
"

"Cory, Tim is a mean jerk. I will help you keep him from being too mean or too much of a jerk. Other than voting for you, I don't know who else to vote for, so if you are voting for Tim, I will too."

"Tim, I voted for you at Cory's suggestion, but if you are too mean to people, I will have to change my vote. Be nice, Tim!"
Merlaggon

• [*]Base Amount

OOC Comments
Adventure Cards:

Return to “1st SET Adventures”