Mercy (Crazie)

Heroes of the Vampire Kingdoms
GM: Pender Lumkiss
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Mercy (Crazie)

Post by Hondo »

Mercy and Mark to the rescue!
Just another day as a member of Ried's Ranger!

Sum ting up?

Racing to the driver seat, Mercy peels out with Mark leaving a cloud of dust and flying sand behind.

Mark states: "Please utilize safety restraints at this speed. Warning, data logs indicate the max posted speed for this location is 35 miles per hour."

With reckless abandon, and driving with her foot, and knees, as she pushes buttons on both sides of the driver seat randomly trying to shut up Mark, Mercy floors the Mark V APC!

Moments later she jumps out of the driver seat - stops - recalls, “Gotta hit brakes.”

Reaching down she deftly snatches up an almost empty can of beans and punches the brake left handed. Mark skids to a stop. Mercy giggles and races to the hatch latter finishing the beans and tossing the can aside.
Popping open the top hatch she pokes up with her .50 Desert Eagle in her hand.

Mark states: "A Door is a Jar."

"Oh my gawd it is not. Shut up Mark!"

As the dust settles Mark states: "Air and Tire pressure alert."

Eyes rolling Mercy sighs and points the pistol out at a group of surprised Vamps.

“Hi deadies! Got some holy bullets for ya. HA!”

BLAM BLAM BLAM!
More Images

Mercy in Outskirt Legion Bar

Mark and Mercy
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Mercy (Crazie)

Post by Hondo »

Name: Mercy
Iconic Framework: Crazie

Rolls
OOC Comments
NARRATIVE HOOK
  • 1d20 (7) Blood is Thicker: Mercy has tracked down a family member who is at the Legion. Her younger brother is a SET member. Mercy desires to join the Legion like her brother. Now that she has joined the Legion, she is however scared to contact her brother. When last they spoke she was not "Immortal" (not a Crazie) and he was a young teen. Mercy has spied her brother a time or two but not confronted him yet. UPDATE 2019: Mercy worked for Legion for a while then left. Much later she found herself fighting off Vampires with Reid's Rangers.
PSYCHE DEGRADATION (Add one PD per Rank)
  • Beginning (Novice) PD 1d6 (2) Delusional (Major): This can be fun and wacky, but it can also lead to some very dire circumstances with tragic results. Crazies may suffer from more than one delusion. Mercy has a form of Cotard's. She believes she is immortal and already dead. Implants are what keeps her body alive.
  • Seasoned: Bloodthirsty: “Bathing in the blood of my enemies” has the potential to become a disturbing reality for a Crazy with this Hindrance. Her friends may need to keep her on a tight leash in some cases.
  • Veteran: Delusional: Mercy believes all technology has souls and are alive. Most machines just don't know how to talk to us, unlike Mark, her APC who does talk to her.
HERO'S JOURNEY
  • 1d20 (3) Training: After serving in the Kingsdale military for some time, your hero has some solid combat training. She gains +5 Skill Points, which may be spent on Fighting, Shooting, or Throwing in any combination.
  • 1d20 (6) Training: Professional Edge: Master Psi.
  • 1d20 (4) Body Armor: You may trade the starting Armor from your Iconic Framework for any other body armor (not power armor or robot armor) listed in this book.
  • 1d20 (6) Body Armor: Extra high-density plating and other design factors grant +3 Armor to your hero’s starting armor.
  • 1d20 (9) Psionics: Variety of techniques is a power all its own; your psionic knows one power of any Rank from his own list or one Novice power normally unavailable.
Iconic Framework & Background
OOC Comments

Bonuses [list]
[*]Bio-Regeneration: Awakening certain portions of the brain via the Mind Over Matter implants grants the Crazy a natural healing roll once every 24 hours.
[*]Ignore two points of Range penalties.
[*]Crazies require only half the normal amount of sleep, and gain +4 on all checks to resist Fatigue.
[*]Crazies have uncanny reflexes, granting them a −2 to be hit [/list]

Iconic Framework "Powers/Abilities"

• [*]LOSING IT

The Crazy always enjoys a certain level of preternatural capabilities, but she also has moments where she can completely unleash her potential by Losing It. Throwing caution to the wind and shoving rational thought to the back of her mind, a Crazy gains the effects of being Berserk (as per the Edge). This can be done at will, as an action. While she is Losing It, the Crazy is Fearless (see Monstrous Abilities in Savage Worlds), making her immune to Fear and Intimidation. While in this state, she cannot use her psionic abilities, nor anything requiring concentration.

[*]GETTING IT TOGETHER

A Crazy comes out of Losing It using the standard Smarts roll for Berserk. Then she’s critically hampered by one or more psychological Hindrances. The game effect is a −2 to all Trait rolls for the duration of Getting It Together. From a roleplaying perspective, this could be wracking guilt, crippling depression, irrational fear, rampaging delusions, or any number of other effects which fit the character’s various Hindrances and other issues. The duration of the penalty is based on the results of the Smarts roll made to come out of the Losing It state in the first place:
    -Raise: She only spends 1d6 minutes Getting It Together.
    -Success: She spends 1d6 × 10 minutes in the Getting It Together state.
    -Failure: She spends 1d6 hours Getting It Together.
    -Critical Failure: She spends the next 24 hours Getting It Together.
    A Crazy may not employ Losing It while in the Getting It Together state.

[*]CRAZY ABILITIES AND BONUSES

Crazies are super commandos, difficult to lead, but fantastically capable in high risk situations. Their steadily degrading mental state makes many of them inevitably impossible to work with, even as they become masters of their combat and physical skills. The rare ones who manage to hold onto enough sanity to remain effective with a team are invaluable.

[*]Bio-Regeneration: Awakening certain portions of the brain via the Mind Over Matter implants grants the Crazy a natural healing roll once every 24 hours.

[*]Enhanced Attributes: Crazies gain +2 die types to Agility, Strength, and Vigor. These traits have no maximum.

[*]Enhanced Speed: Crazies double their base Pace.

[*]Heightened Senses: Crazies gain + 2 to Notice and Tracking rolls. They also ignore two points of Range penalties.

[*]Minor Psionic: Unlocking the brain’s potential grants a Crazy Arcane Background (Psionics), 10 ISP, three powers, and Psionics d6. Crazies have access to the following powers: armor, barrier, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, clairvoyance, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, disguise, dispel, divination, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fear, fly, havoc, healing, illusion, intangibility, invisibility, mind reading, pummel, puppet, slow, slumber, smite, speak language, stun, telekinesis, telepathy, teleport, warrior’s gift.

[*]Quick: Crazies begin with the Quick Edge.

[*]Super Endurance: Crazies require only half the normal amount of sleep, and gain +4 on all checks to resist Fatigue.

[*]Super Reflexes: Crazies have uncanny reflexes, granting them a −2 to be hit as long as they are aware of the attack.

[*]CRAZY COMPLICATIONS

Crazies have that name for a reason, which many of the following complications demonstrate clearly.

[*]Cybernetics: Crazies suffer −1 to Psionics per point of Strain (page 108).

[*]Distinctive Appearance: The protrusions from the skull alone mark a Crazy for what she is. Most also indulge in tattoos, body piercings, and other means of declaring themselves to the world.

[*]Magic: M.O.M. implants jumble the mind in such a way as to make the use of magic impossible.

[*]Needs Action: Crazies live in a constant state of heightened adrenaline and awareness, even those suffering from depression cannot escape the feeling. During particular slow periods, the Game Master may call for a Spirit roll. Failure means the Crazy gains −2 Charisma as she becomes irritable and impatient. She also suffers a −1 to all Trait rolls from the distraction of her frenzied mind, until some kind of high alert status or action kicks in.

[*]Unstable Psyche: From the start (and for no added benefit), the character gains a psychological or emotional Hindrance determined by rolling on the Psyche Degradation Table. Representing the constant degradation of the Crazy’s psychological state, the character gains an additional Hindrance from the table each time she achieves a new Rank.

Background
ORIGINAL BACKGROUND BEFORE JOINING VAMPIRE HUNTERS
Part One: Meeting Jessica and Sparkles

Cruising through the heavy woods in her Mk2 APC Mercy looks down and adjusts the volume on her eight track system. Looking up she sees a red blur and then feels a thump. Crashing to a stop Mercy un-clips her seat belt and leans forward to look out the front window. Seriously Mark! You are cursed! You always run into stuff. Now I have to go see what it is, thanks Mark.

Stepping outside in her heavy Peacekeeper armor totting her energy rifle Mercy makes her way to the front of Mark, her blind APC. Looking down at the half dead Brodkil attempting to slash at her with a Silver Vibro Sword Mercy rolls her eyes. Stupid demon deer, why would it run out in front of me?

"What? Speak up demon! Whatever you are muttering, louder please!"

K̪̼̲̲͝i̸l̦͓̯̦̝͡l̲̩̣ ̧̜͚͖̳̯͈y̟̳o͎u̗ ̞̫̖͕̗͠h̞̮͈͎̘ú͙̝̘̲ͅm͇̯̺̱̱͉̲a̵̘͓͔̮̪͉̤n̮̥̣̥̦̕!

Mercy tilts her head to the side, frowns and then blows red hair out of her face. "You can't kill the immortal dumb butt. I already died on the table and have risen immortal."

Pointing to her implants the tall red head squats down to look the demon in the face.

"What are you doing out here? Why did you run out in front of me? Where is your clan? What name do you go by? Does that hurt? Where did you get that sword? Have you ever been to the Castle Refuge? Do you know where it is? Did you know I have a brother there? I need to find it, can you help me?"

Sighing as the Brodkil screeches more insults and death threats at her, Mercy stands up and points at the demon.

Mercy focuses her inner energy, an unseen bolt of metal power slams into the Brodkils head, grinding it into the ground killing it.

Whats that? I feel the ground shaking...

Turning around Mercy looks at the Glitter Boy Power Armor standing behind her. Shrugging Mercy makes her way to the side door of Mark. "Either kill me sparkles or watch out, I'm backing Mark up. You want that sword boy take it, I've no use for it."

Part Two: Memories and New Beginnings

Sitting in Spider's Pub with her new friend, Jess, Mercy leans closer to hear Jessica's question as they relax before preparing to head towards their first assignment. "I suppose I'm excited to finally have orders. We have come a far distance. Ha I thought you were a boy inside Sparkles when we met. Silly. You are a Glitter Girl! I am happy to be done listening to old men yell at me to do more pushups. I hope the food is better in the fourth, to new beginnings." Mercy raises her glass in a toast to Jessica.

Draining the drink, Mercy thinks about the day she was reborn. A demented bloody doctor laying on the cold floor looking up at her. His weak cry, "Mercy. Please".

Still groggy she thought he was calling her Mercy. She had died on the operating table under his cuts. He had killed her! Only these blessed implants were now keeping her body alive.

After several weeks in the Kingsdale prison she was released. Someone had paid her fines. She had no idea who but while thinking about who it could have been she thought of her brother. It had been many years since she last saw him, but she had recently heard rumors about him. Seen a wanted by the CS poster of him too, hanging there on the Kingsdale prison wall. Having no real path in mind Mercy headed for the Legion, or in its general direction anyway. Finally it had been Jessica who had helped her find the Castle.

Mercy had as of yet not approached her brother, he was not here much anyway, being a SET member. At some point she would. For now she was happy to have her friend Jess and to be a member of the Legion.

"Yes Jess, I am actually, excited to be headed to the 4th COT. We are going to have so much fun."

Part Three: Murder Hobos

As a member of the 4th Mercy found herself having the greatest time getting to know Jessica, George'n'his cult and the others of the original 4th. While on a mission for the Legion the worst happened. Battle, overrun and out numbered, Boom! Unfortunate misfire and just Mercy, Jessica and George left. Scaling down the side of a building, carrying a hostage to safety, I let go of the kid I was holding and put my hands over my ears, I am so stupid, Looking down at the little hostage she let fall, blood seeping from her ear and temple from being hit in the head by a bullet Mercy started to tip sideways and fall herself. Watching as a 8 year old dropped several stories she thought: Damn. It was seeing the kids splat that brought D...Mercy back to reality, grabbing a hand hold onto the building she managed to not fall. Murder Hobo. I dropped a kid several stories to his death, to land next to his mother as a squished bug. The scar from a stray bullet by her right ear hidden by long red hair Mercy does her best to not think about her mistakes and move on. Oh swell, now that I am immortal I can relive that failure for my entire endless life.
Much later... Mercy finds herself as a member of Ried's Ranger fighting off Vampires etc viewtopic.php?f=22&t=673&p=21139#p21139
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Re: Mercy (Crazie)

Post by Hondo »

Character Sheet

Character Name: Mercy

Iconic Framework: Crazie
Player Name: Dan
Google Handle: Danjal73

Experience: 45 (40 XP or 8 advances earned by this account)
Advances Left:
Race: Human
6' 1", red hair, two lip piercings, tattoos and black M.O.M. implants.

Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10, Vigor d10

Charisma: 0; Pace: 12; Parry: 8; Toughness: 7 ((Reflexes, others are -2 to hit the Crazie)) ; Strain: 0

Skills: (15 plus 5)
  • Fighting d12 (cost 5 from Training HJ roll)
  • Shooting d10 (cost 4)
  • Psionics d10 (cost 2, starts as a 6)
  • Stealth d6 (cost 2)
  • Driving d6 (cost 2)
  • Tracking d4+2 (cost 1, +2 from IF)
  • Climbing d4 (cost 1)
  • Notice d4+2 (cost 1, +2 from IF)
  • Persuasion d6 (cost 2)
Hindrances
  1. Delusional (Major) Mercy knows she died and was reborn immortal due to her implants.
  2. Overconfident (Major) Mercy has utmost confidence in her immortal super human abilities.
  3. Hard of Hearing (Minor) What? -2 to noise related Notice Rolls.
  4. Curious (Minor) Why? It's a mystery lets investigate! What killed the cat? Speak up dear.
  5. Seasoned: Bloodthirsty: “Bathing in the blood of my enemies” has the potential to become a disturbing reality for a Crazy with this Hindrance. Her friends may need to keep her on a tight leash in some cases.
  6. Veteran: Delusional: Mercy believes all technology has souls and are alive. Most machines just don't know how to talk to us, unlike Mark, her APC who does talk to her.
Edges
  1. Sublime Chaos: The tumultuous storm of neuroses, psychoses, and other issues crashing about in a Crazy’s head sometimes swirl into a beautiful rainbow of total disconnection from reality. The Crazy with this Edge understands how to ride the waves of her insanity like a surfer masters those of the sea. The greater part of her mind is simply elsewhere, leaving behind a nearly machine like entity that gets the job done. While Losing It, a Crazy with this Edge is able to perform actions not normally allowed by Berserk, including using her psionics. She also only suffers a −1 to Trait rolls during her Coming Back period.
  2. Major Psionics: A greater control of mind, body, and spirit combined with the overwhelming power available on Rifts Earth means this hero can do much more with her inner strength. Major Psionics double their base ISP, and they gain +10 ISP (instead of the usual +5) from the Power Points Edge. Major Psionics may also: Spend 2 ISP when rolling their Psionics skill to gain a +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2. Spend 1 ISP to double the Range of a power, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10. This ability does not affect powers that have Range of Self or Touch.
  3. Master Psionics: Superhuman powers of the mind and spirit become the purview of the Master Psionic, making her a true threat against the most powerful foes in the world. Upon taking this Edge, the character gains the Mega Power option for all the powers she knows. Each time she takes the New Power Edge, she gains both the power and its Mega Power version.
  4. Quick: Discard draw of 5 or less for a new & higher card for Initiative.
  5. Berserk details (when in a state of Losing It): While Berserk, his Parry is reduced by 2 but he adds +2 to all Fighting, Strength, melee damage rolls, and Toughness. The warrior ignores all wound modifiers while Berserk. Berserkers attack with reckless abandon. Anytime his Fighting die is a 1 (regardless of his Wild Die), he hits a random adjacent target (not the original target). The attack may hit friend as well as foe. If there are no other adjacent targets, the blow simply misses. See Losing It and Getting It Together below.
  6. Split the Seconds: Crazies often find themselves living between the ticks of the clock. This Edge grants an extra action to the character each round. There is no multi-action penalty for this action, and it can be a repeat action, such as firing a gun or swinging a sword again. It cannot, however, be used for movement, such as Running.
  7. Rich = Nuclear Mk2 & 5000 credits
  8. Martial Arts
  9. Acrobatics
  10. Gymnastic Master
  11. Gun Nut
  12. Off the Handle
  13. PP add 10 ISP
  14. Battle Hardened
  15. Dead Shot

Psionics - Master Psi "Mega Powers"
ISP: 30
PP Recharge: 1 ISP per hour.
All Trappings are Mind Over Matter, concentration, no outward visible signs. Even Onslaught is "mostly" invisible as it bolts out from her hand streaking towards an enemy. These bolts are like a wavy ripple and a distorted image.
[list]
- ONSLAUGHT[list]
[*]Power Points: 2– 8 or 4 (Spend 1 ISP to double the Range to 36/72/144, or 2 ISP to multiply the base range × 10, to 180/360/720).
[*]Range: 18/36/72
[*]Duration: Instant
[*]The caster can throw up to four 3d6 bolts for two Power Points each, or a single 6d6 bolt for 4 Power Points. In either case, the damage is Mega Damage. [/list]

- GREATER BOOST/LOWER TRAIT [list]
[*]Power Points: 4
[*]Range: Smarts × 2
[*]Duration: 3 (1/round)
[*]This Mega Power doubles the power’s effect; two die types for a success, four with a raise. [/list]

- GREATER SPEED [list]
[*]Power Points: 2
[*]Range: Touch
[*]This Mega Power triples her Pace to: Pace 36. [/list]

- GREATER SMITE [list]
[*]Power Points: 4
[*]Range: Touch
[*]This Mega Power version of smite confers two effects: 1.) The bonus damage is +4 or +8 with raise, and the damage becomes Mega Damage. 2.) The caster may choose any Trapping to confer at the time of casting. This might be silver, fire, holy light, etc. [/list]

Peacemaker Body Armor
  • NG Heavy Peacemaker Armor +6 (+3 HJ added to Armor = +9) and grants +2 Toughness.
  • While wearing Toughness: 18 (9) & others are -2 to hit the Crazie.
  • Full Environmental Protection.
  • Strength Minimum d8.
Mountaineer Mk 2 "Mark"
  • Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph)
  • Toughness 31 (16)
  • Crew 2+8
  • Remaining Mods 6
  • Notes: All-Terrain, Handling 1, Environmental Systems, M.D.C. Armor, Sensor Suite
  • Mark 2
Long Stick aka. Wooden "Short Sword"
  • Damage: Str+1d6
  • Weight: 5 lbs
  • Cost: Priceless
  • Notes: Mercy found this long sharp stick on the ground while working with Reid's Rangers.
Chain Great Sword
  • Damage: Str+2d10
  • Weight: 22 lbs
  • Cost: 18,500
  • Notes: AP 2, Parry −1, 2 hands.
M411(5.56) Pre Rifts Rifle Mercy's Favorite Weapon
  • SDC Weapon (Smite turns it into MDC, with a Trapping and extra damage)
  • Range: 40/80/160
  • Damage: 2d10
  • RoF: 3 (+2 to Hit and +2 Damage)
  • AP: 4
  • Shots: 30 (#mags: 3)
  • Weight: 8 lbs
  • Cost: 400
  • Notes: Auto, 3RB, Integrated scope with night vision and laser targeting (offset two points of Range and/or darkness penalties in addition to Crazie IF offset of 2).
Wilk’s 237 "Backup"
  • Range: 15/30/60
    [*]Damage: 2d6+1
  • RoF: 1
  • AP: 4
  • Shots: 16 (#mags: 3)
  • Weight: 3 lbs
  • Cost: 24,000
  • Notes: Semi-Auto
Wilk’s 447
  • Range: 40/80/160
  • Damage: 3d6
  • AP: 2
  • Shots: 20 (#mags: 3)
  • Weight: 5 lbs
  • Cost: 18,000
Desert Eagle (.50) Pre Rifts Pistol
  • SDC Weapon (Smite turns it into MDC, with a Trapping and extra damage)
  • Range: 15/30/60
  • Damage: 2d8
  • AP: 2
  • Shots: 11 (#mags: 3)
  • Weight: 8 lbs
  • Cost: 400
Armor Piercing Grenades
  • Range: 5/10/20
  • Damage: 3d8
  • AP: 8
  • Shots: —
  • Weight: 0.25
  • Cost: 700
  • Notes: Mega Damage, SBT
  • Has 7
NG-S2 Survival Pack

• [*]Weight 30
    [*]One two-person tent, insulated against up to −40 degrees Fahrenheit. It has water collection capabilities, capturing ambient humidity and evaporating water from occupants, thus extending water supplies by 20%.
    [*]One sleeping bag, also insulated.
    [*]One flashlight, with a concealed pocket knife.
    [*]One biometric compass/inertial mapper. Body motion provides the necessary power, and the system lets the user know how far and in what direction he’s traveled overtime (+2 to Survival rolls related to land navigation). A mirrored back allows for re reflective signaling to others if the sun is out.
    [*]One short-range radio
    [*]One first aid kit, provides +1 to Healing checks. It has three uses before it needs to be replenished (300 credits).
    [*]One hunter/fisher kit, containing wires, line, hooks, and other elements necessary for fishing and small game trapping. This provides +1 to Survival checks where food gathering is concerned.
    [*]Three saw wires, composed of serrated, high tensile strength wire and two ring handles. Capable of slicing through wood, stone, and even non-Mega metals.
    [*]One fire starter
    [*]One survival knife, one small hatchet, and one wooden cross.
    [*]Four signal flares.
    [*]One climbing kit with 30 feet of lightweight cord, a pair of climbing gloves, four ceramic spikes, and a small mallet.
    [*]One bar of soap and a sterilized cloth.
    [*]One canteen.
    [*]Two weeks’ worth of minimal sustenance survival rations in sealed pouches.
    [*]Bug spray, ant repellent, can of "RAID".

Cash/Credit: 3200

Advances
  • Initial Advances: (From Hindrances): Sublime Chaos & Master Psionics
  • Free Edge (Human): Split the Seconds
  • HJ: Pro Edge - Major Psionics
  • HJ: New Power: Speed
  • IF: Quick & Berserk Edges
  • Novice 1 Advance: Rich
  • Novice 2 Advance: Agility
  • Novice 3 Advance: PP 10 ISP
  • Novice 4 Advance: Acrobatics
  • Seasoned 1 Advance: Strength
  • Seasoned 2 Advance: Gymnastic Master
  • Seasoned 3 Advance: Off the Handle
  • Seasoned 4 Advance: Battle Hardened
  • Veteran 1 Advance: Gun Nut
  • Veteran 2 Advance: Martial Arts
  • Veteran 3 Advance: Psi Blade
  • Veteran 4 Advance:
  • Heroic 1 Advance:
  • Heroic 2 Advance:
  • Heroic 3 Advance:
  • Heroic 4 Advance:
  • Legendary 1 Advance:
  • Legendary 2 Advance:
  • Legendary 3 Advance:
  • Legendary 4 Advance:

Retired Character 2017

Returned 2019
As an Immortal, bloodthirsty, machine loving (Mark talks and machines have souls) loon Mercy (not her real name) is a member of Ried's Rangers when she meets up with the rest of the party. At 6'1" this red head is a tall, thin overconfident, hard of hearing (-2 to noise related Notice Rolls), super curious young woman, somewhat jaded over time as a member of Ried's Rangers. She loves using pre-fall guns (adding Smite!) and has recently found a extremely powerful long wooden stick! She's here to help!

Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

ISP: 30

Active Power:

Bennies: 3/3

Adventure Cards:
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Adventure Card: #54 We Have The Talent

An Advance

PSI-BLADE
Requirements: Seasoned, Master Psionic, smite

Another powerful manifestation of will and telekinetic strength, the Psi-Blade provides the psionic with a mental energy blade. The psi simply activates her smite power, summoning the Psi-Blade instead of putting the power on another weapon (the smite bonus adds directly to the PsiBlade’s base damage), the psi-blade is a melee weapon dealing Strength + Spirit Mega Damage, AP 8 (roll Strength and Spirit dice for damage).

d10+d8 AP 8

Return to “Tomorrow Legion: Vampire Hunters”