Doc, Raynard, Tera Silverforge, Taylor Thomas, and Commander Kurling (Whatever force seemed to be inside him or possibly controlling him has now dissipated with the disappearance of the inn) elect to stay behind. Doc Reid says with a feirceness, ” I must plan our next move against the vampires. Regardless if we capture the base I have many thoughts in mind to eradicate the vampire menace once and for all. I must speak with Raynard and Krysenia so my thoughts can become action.” Unexpectedly Krys agrees to stay behind for the moment promising to appear when least expected and the need is dire should the heroes require it.
The cs borg commander seems to have gone into a low powered mode and just lays there slumpped unable to respond to any of the questions or concerns the heroes may have asked him.
Tera and Taylor Thomas both would like to remain behind to work on Commander Kurling. While the snow is bitter cold, Tera had set up a command post nearby that is enchanted against the bitting cold. Her teeth are chattering but she manages to say, ” The boy and Iae willa take a look see at the commander and hes legs.” She hands Ashlyn a little communicator device, ”T... Take these and activate it when you get to the castle. It’ll allow me to home in on ye signal no matter the enchantments shrouding the castle from view.”
The trudging through the heavy blanket of blinding snow is slow, cold, and tedious. While the heroes might be doing well against the elements the rangers each hero has under their command fair wildly from hero to hero. But those rangers who have furrs and gear designed against the weather may find themselves best prepared.
The snow lets up at a great portal made of a a tall statue with an open ring. The statue backs up against a cliff face with a precipice high above. The ring is empty and able to be passed through with ease. Zacatecus sweeps his arms wide encompasing the inert portal. It is clearly not active and might even be debatable if it ever was. The heavy snow fall makes it difficult to tell. Zacatecus seems unfazed by the snow and speaks with a bold voice, ” As promised, the first stop. The Portal to Calgary. How is the snow treating you and your men? Haha, will they freeze before we even get to our destination? I wonder if the witches that make this part of the mountain their home will revive their frozen bodies as undead horrors that will forever haunt your dreams?” The 4-armed Rahu-man points to a small dial on the side of the portal, ”There it is... The clock of ages, in three days it will strike 1:00 in the afternoon. The portal will open and the way to Calgary will be open.” He mimes taking off a mask and laughs a below both haughty and mighty, ” The magic of wormwood will not pass through this portal, unless the wearer is truely brave enough to confront that which he fears the most...” He pauses making a thinking man’s pose. Almost taunting he whispers to Penitent, ” But how can one who knows no fear confront that which he fears the most?”
Zacatecus shrugs and seems about to continue when...
A snarl from atop the precipce the portal backs up against gives him pause. Zacatecus whispers, ” My master must have heard of those who lacked the grace of the dance and seeks to test you new in a different format. He sends those already turned!! Hahaha the time you have left to rescue those 3,000 rangers captured draws to a close.” Upon his words, that may remind the heroes of why such a journey up the mountain was being made, hundreds of ex rangers now turned vampires leap off the upper cliff face looking to take their brothers in arms to an early grave!
Foul seething snarls echo over the frozen landscape. The wild vampires wearing ranger clothes in tatters and barely visible cry out in a voice of hundreds, ”Join us brothers!” Most heroes notice that unlike your normal wild vampires many of the wild ranger vampires seem to be well equipped.
Step 1 make a vigor roll vs cold at -2 for you and your rangers ( assume a d6 vigor for rangers, and they have warm gear which is already factored. Need a benny, declare your rangers have no warm clothing and they take an additional -2 to their vigor roll. Spend a benny to have your rangers have modern cold gear from Wilks(+2 bonus), spend two bennies and your rangers have the best clothing gear the naruni sell and they get a +4 to the vigor roll.) Failure for the rangers on this roll and 1d6 rangers perish in the cold. Roll it as a group roll with a d6 wild die.
- If a player is in full environmental protective gear the roll is not needed for them, but still roll for the rangers.
- Gryn can ignore the -4 with a sprit roll(TN 4). Failure and you loose 1d6 rangers as the vampires puppet you into acts of destruction. It is awesome to be a dragon.
- Mcgyvver’s can use repair.
- Danger Sense edge! Get a +2 for having this edge.
- Ashlyn gets a +6 on top of everything else as you saw this coming when you were brushing your teeth in the morning. 31 noice are you kidding me?
- Karl and Rod need to make combat skill rolls as well. They take a wound on failure. Every success they get their liege receives a +1 on his roll.
- Need more of a bonus? Check out the options here!
- Uhhh GM what if I score really high like an 8? Damn son! Every raise you get take either 40k or a major/minor mod of choice from any of the mod types available on the site( 2 ppts for supertech). Does this mean I can super tech an enchanted item, a tw item. Or tw a supertech item? Fuck yeah it does! Get enough raises and just convert the creds into an item listed in the TLPG of a same value or build that dream item you have been coveting.