Part 6.6: JtoZ: Portal to Calgary

Heroes of the Vampire Kingdoms
GM: Pender Lumkiss
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Part 6.6: JtoZ: Portal to Calgary

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Jesse the inn keeper of the witchwell inn slumps unexpectedly onto the floor crying out, ”XY awakens!!” Then the inn vanishes and the heroes, allies, and Zacatecus are all outside facing the blistering snow as if the inn never was.
Brief Image
As the inn fades from view like waking from a cozy dream you may have caught a glimpse of a Giant Ogre like beast named Humble grabbing a smaller well armored dwarven technowizard named Hans and then the two leaping off the inn’s bar into a puple portal of black nothingness.
Zacatecus crains his neck and drops his last tankered of Ale into the snow as if the inn disapearing was of little concern. ”There now that this is done, lets be off. I promised you a tour de force of all this summit has to offer and I will not let you down.”

Doc, Raynard, Tera Silverforge, Taylor Thomas, and Commander Kurling (Whatever force seemed to be inside him or possibly controlling him has now dissipated with the disappearance of the inn) elect to stay behind. Doc Reid says with a feirceness, ” I must plan our next move against the vampires. Regardless if we capture the base I have many thoughts in mind to eradicate the vampire menace once and for all. I must speak with Raynard and Krysenia so my thoughts can become action.” Unexpectedly Krys agrees to stay behind for the moment promising to appear when least expected and the need is dire should the heroes require it.

The cs borg commander seems to have gone into a low powered mode and just lays there slumpped unable to respond to any of the questions or concerns the heroes may have asked him.

Tera and Taylor Thomas both would like to remain behind to work on Commander Kurling. While the snow is bitter cold, Tera had set up a command post nearby that is enchanted against the bitting cold. Her teeth are chattering but she manages to say, ” The boy and Iae willa take a look see at the commander and hes legs.” She hands Ashlyn a little communicator device, ”T... Take these and activate it when you get to the castle. It’ll allow me to home in on ye signal no matter the enchantments shrouding the castle from view.”

19848C20-335C-4501-8F79-0C3E3F81A2C2.jpeg
The trudging through the heavy blanket of blinding snow is slow, cold, and tedious. While the heroes might be doing well against the elements the rangers each hero has under their command fair wildly from hero to hero. But those rangers who have furrs and gear designed against the weather may find themselves best prepared.

The snow lets up at a great portal made of a a tall statue with an open ring. The statue backs up against a cliff face with a precipice high above. The ring is empty and able to be passed through with ease. Zacatecus sweeps his arms wide encompasing the inert portal. It is clearly not active and might even be debatable if it ever was. The heavy snow fall makes it difficult to tell. Zacatecus seems unfazed by the snow and speaks with a bold voice, ” As promised, the first stop. The Portal to Calgary. How is the snow treating you and your men? Haha, will they freeze before we even get to our destination? I wonder if the witches that make this part of the mountain their home will revive their frozen bodies as undead horrors that will forever haunt your dreams?” The 4-armed Rahu-man points to a small dial on the side of the portal, ”There it is... The clock of ages, in three days it will strike 1:00 in the afternoon. The portal will open and the way to Calgary will be open.” He mimes taking off a mask and laughs a below both haughty and mighty, ” The magic of wormwood will not pass through this portal, unless the wearer is truely brave enough to confront that which he fears the most...” He pauses making a thinking man’s pose. Almost taunting he whispers to Penitent, ” But how can one who knows no fear confront that which he fears the most?”

Zacatecus shrugs and seems about to continue when...

A snarl from atop the precipce the portal backs up against gives him pause. Zacatecus whispers, ” My master must have heard of those who lacked the grace of the dance and seeks to test you new in a different format. He sends those already turned!! Hahaha the time you have left to rescue those 3,000 rangers captured draws to a close.” Upon his words, that may remind the heroes of why such a journey up the mountain was being made, hundreds of ex rangers now turned vampires leap off the upper cliff face looking to take their brothers in arms to an early grave!

Foul seething snarls echo over the frozen landscape. The wild vampires wearing ranger clothes in tatters and barely visible cry out in a voice of hundreds, ”Join us brothers!” Most heroes notice that unlike your normal wild vampires many of the wild ranger vampires seem to be well equipped.

Player directions...

Step 1 make a vigor roll vs cold at -2 for you and your rangers ( assume a d6 vigor for rangers, and they have warm gear which is already factored. Need a benny, declare your rangers have no warm clothing and they take an additional -2 to their vigor roll. Spend a benny to have your rangers have modern cold gear from Wilks(+2 bonus), spend two bennies and your rangers have the best clothing gear the naruni sell and they get a +4 to the vigor roll.) Failure for the rangers on this roll and 1d6 rangers perish in the cold. Roll it as a group roll with a d6 wild die.
  • If a player is in full environmental protective gear the roll is not needed for them, but still roll for the rangers.
Step 2: defend yourselves against the vampire rangers! Make a combat skill roll at -4 and use the result to describe how well you fair as you beat back the vampires jumping down at you! Failure you loose 1d6 rangers and take a wound. Crit falure 2d6 rangers and 2 wounds.
  • Gryn can ignore the -4 with a sprit roll(TN 4). Failure and you loose 1d6 rangers as the vampires puppet you into acts of destruction. It is awesome to be a dragon.
  • Mcgyvver’s can use repair.
  • Danger Sense edge! Get a +2 for having this edge.
  • Ashlyn gets a +6 on top of everything else as you saw this coming when you were brushing your teeth in the morning. 31 noice are you kidding me?
  • Karl and Rod need to make combat skill rolls as well. They take a wound on failure. Every success they get their liege receives a +1 on his roll.
  • Need more of a bonus? Check out the options here!
  • Uhhh GM what if I score really high like an 8? Damn son! Every raise you get take either 40k or a major/minor mod of choice from any of the mod types available on the site( 2 ppts for supertech). Does this mean I can super tech an enchanted item, a tw item. Or tw a supertech item? Fuck yeah it does! Get enough raises and just convert the creds into an item listed in the TLPG of a same value or build that dream item you have been coveting.
Attachments
CE0B80F5-9177-4771-9FC5-AA3824733C45.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Kir Gloryspirit
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Part 6.6: JtoZ: Portal to Calgary

Post by Kir Gloryspirit »

Vigor 5, -1 Benny

Vigor: [dice:eypxq3hu]45778:0[/dice:eypxq3hu]
Wild: [dice:eypxq3hu]45778:1[/dice:eypxq3hu]
Wild: [dice:eypxq3hu]45778:2[/dice:eypxq3hu]

Reroll
Vigor: [dice:eypxq3hu]45778:3[/dice:eypxq3hu] (-2 Scene, +2 Elan)
Wild: [dice:eypxq3hu]45778:4[/dice:eypxq3hu]
Wild: [dice:eypxq3hu]45778:5[/dice:eypxq3hu]+2 = 5
The cold is biting, but not much worse than what Kir was used to at home in Valorheim. His simple robes and faith are more than enough to keep the god-touched mystic warm. He treks beside the rangers, bolstering their spirit with a kind word and a smile.

Kir ignores the rahu-man for the most part, until they reach the portal. He looks up at the rangers' former allies and growls at Zacatecus, "Such treachery is to be expected from one such as yourself. Tread lightly, rahu-man. We will strike you down and attempt this journey without you if we must."

Fighting 11, -1 Sun Dog
Fighting: [dice:eypxq3hu]45778:6[/dice:eypxq3hu] (-4 Scene, +2 Danger Sense)
Wild: [dice:eypxq3hu]45778:7[/dice:eypxq3hu] Ace: [dice:eypxq3hu]45778:9[/dice:eypxq3hu]
Wild: [dice:eypxq3hu]45778:8[/dice:eypxq3hu]
Sundog EE: [dice:eypxq3hu]45778:10[/dice:eypxq3hu] (+2 Elan)

1 Raise: +1 to Mysticism from my battlestaff
"Come, my friends! Let us bring a final rest to these poor souls!" Kir shouts to his allies.

He charges forward as the first vampires land, and Kir's battlestaff erupts into brilliant orange flame as it strikes the first vampire. Its heart pierced, the vampire stares at Kir in shock before holy flame ignites its body.

Kir kicks the vampire corpse off his staff and moves to find the next. The sun dogs follow in his wake, keeping Kir's back safe and occasionally pinning a vampire long enough for the mystic to dispatch.

As the battle wears on, the runic carving down Kir's battlestaff begins to glow with the same orange light as the flames flickering at both ends of the battlestaff. As they do, the flames burn brighter and the vampires hesitate to engage the mystic.

A sudden wailing screech behind Kir and to the left catches him off guard. He whirls towards the sound in time to see one of his sun dogs on top of a vampire just feet away from Kir. Several bloodsuckers have begun to rip the creature apart before the mystic's eyes, but it still does not let go of the vampire which had tried to attack Kir.

With barely a thought, Kir raises his staff and points it at the vampires. The staff seems to know his intent immediately as the runes glow brighter, pulsing. With each pulse, a spear of celestial silver flies forth and impales a vampire.

"Thank you. Rest well, friend," Kir consoles the dying sun dog.

Then, he turns and unleashes his fury on the oncoming horde.
Kir Gloryspirit, God-Touched Mystic of Asnir, God of War
Kir Gloryspirit, God-Touched Mystic
Charisma: 3; Pace: 6; Parry: 8(1); Toughness: 10(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Alertness: +2 to Notice
    Champion: Add +2 damage vs supernaturally evil creatures and +2 Toughness vs damage from supernaturally evil sources.
    Cosmic Confluence: 2 PPE to 1 ISP & Vice Versa (use immediately)
    Crapsack World: Roll an additional Wild die per Trait roll. Tripple 1's = roll a new char?
    Danger Sense: Notice -2 to know something is about to happen; On hold if success
    Even Stronger Willed: +2 Taunt/Intimidation, +2 Smarts/Spirit vs Tests of Will, +2 vs Fear/Puppet
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 1/2
PPE: 8/25; PPE: 0/10; PPE: 10/15; ISP: 8/20
Bennies: 0/3; Sun Dogs: 2/4
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Kir Gloryspirit speaking/thinking
Asnir, god of war speaking (directly into the mind)
Asnir speaking through Kir Gloryspirit (both speaking simultaneously)
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

It was miserably cold.

Vela took her natural form, the humanoid jaguar shape, but even with her new armor and her thin fur coat, the mountain was horrible. Her rangers weren't doing much better despite their heavier clothing. Even so, it was something of a relief when red eyes shone in the darkness all around. The heart beat faster, the blood heated, and the cold could be forgotten for a time.

"They come!" the werejaguar shouted over the biting wind. "Weapons ready!"

Golden light flared as she infused her claws with the power of the Night Sun, and roared in challenge. Wooden arrows and bolts sailed past her towards the vampires as Vela rushed in to do battle!

Rolls: Vigor 6 (vela) and 4 (rangers) Fighting 5, 1 benny spent
Vigor (Vela) [dice:32f76yik]45792:0[/dice:32f76yik] or [dice:32f76yik]45792:1[/dice:32f76yik]
Vigor (Rangers) [dice:32f76yik]45792:2[/dice:32f76yik] or [dice:32f76yik]45792:3[/dice:32f76yik]

Fighting (-4, +2 Danger Sense) [dice:32f76yik]45792:4[/dice:32f76yik] or [dice:32f76yik]45792:5[/dice:32f76yik]
Benny to reroll that shit, lol! [dice:32f76yik]45792:6[/dice:32f76yik] or [dice:32f76yik]45792:7[/dice:32f76yik] ack forgot Elan, so that's +2
Last edited by Vela on Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Step 1
Grynn is in his humanoid form and wearing FEP armor.
It's not that cold!: Ranger's Vigor die [dice:19yo5z1b]45808:0[/dice:19yo5z1b], Wild die [dice:19yo5z1b]45808:1[/dice:19yo5z1b].
Benny spent for Rangers: Vigor die [dice:19yo5z1b]45808:6[/dice:19yo5z1b], Wild die [dice:19yo5z1b]45808:7[/dice:19yo5z1b].IGNORE. Benny instead spent to negate -2. Still fail.
Rangers lost: [dice:19yo5z1b]45808:11[/dice:19yo5z1b].
Step 2
Dragons are Awesome?: Spirit die [dice:19yo5z1b]45808:2[/dice:19yo5z1b], Wild die [dice:19yo5z1b]45808:3[/dice:19yo5z1b], Reroll 1s [dice:19yo5z1b]45808:8[/dice:19yo5z1b].
Bolts of Light: Spellcasting die [dice:19yo5z1b]45808:4[/dice:19yo5z1b], Wild die [dice:19yo5z1b]45808:5[/dice:19yo5z1b].
Benny to reroll: Spellcasting die [dice:19yo5z1b]45808:9[/dice:19yo5z1b], Wild die [dice:19yo5z1b]45808:10[/dice:19yo5z1b].
Grynn was among the Rangers, traveling alongside them in armored human form. But the freezing bitter cold, coupled with the earlier hit to morale they took despite Grynn's attempt at moving words, caused several of the Rangers to drift off and slump in to the snow. One by one half the squad wandered off to die. Grynn glanced back and was heartbroken. They'd been through so much together! He'd sacrificed so much to try and keep them all alive - only to lose them on the precipice of their greatest triumph. Heart heavy, his nurturing and protective nature took a hit, and tears slid down his face partially, unseen inside his environmental armor.

Still dealing with loss, he was surprised when things started to go sideways. Anger suffused him and his spirit soared high once more, despite his small form. He let out a might yell and then began to fire bolts of light at the Rangers-turned-vampires, multi-colored sunlight slamming in to them one after the other as Grynn let loose several barrages of the Bolt spell.
Grynn
Character Summary
Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Special: Cursed with Awesome (You can reroll a 1 on the wild die - unless it is a crit fail. Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll); Fear (in dragon form); Flight 12 (in dragon form); Impervious to Fire; Infravision; Size +6 (in dragon form); Slow Regeneration; Spirit rolls (+2)
Active effects:
Parry: 5 ; Toughness (Dragon form): 34(16); Toughness (Human form): 17(8)
Weapons: Claws/Bite, Fire Breath, Powers, Tail Lash
Edges: AB Magic, AB Psionic, Attractive, Metamorphosis, Power Surge

Charisma: 0 (+2 with Dragons)
Bennies: 3 from Blaze of Glory

ISP: 15/15
PPE: 20/30
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Invisibility, Light/Obscure, Slumber, Smite

Wounds:
Fatigue::

Currently playing in: Vampire Kingdoms
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Rangers Vigor 9; Karl is Fighting 12; Penitent Fighting 6
Spend a Benny so my Rangers have Wilk's survival gear, so it's a straight roll for them (no roll needed for Penitent)
Vigor [dice:1235gv7g]45812:0[/dice:1235gv7g]
Wild [dice:1235gv7g]45812:1[/dice:1235gv7g] = Ace [dice:1235gv7g]45812:3[/dice:1235gv7g]

Karl fighting with his BFB and the -4
Fighting [dice:1235gv7g]45812:2[/dice:1235gv7g]

Penitent's Fighting: 1d12+2 +1 (Fury's Fang) -4 scene +2 Danger Sense
Fighting [dice:1235gv7g]45812:4[/dice:1235gv7g]
Wild [dice:1235gv7g]45812:5[/dice:1235gv7g]

EDIT: Karl is using his Benny for Extra Effort: [dice:1235gv7g]45812:6[/dice:1235gv7g] Hahaha Ace! [dice:1235gv7g]45812:7[/dice:1235gv7g]
Penitent laughs darkly at the rahu-man's attempted threats.

”Four arms and no brains. Fear? You think because it does not un-man me that I do not know it? I have been drowned in fear, smothered in it, weighted down and eradicated by it. I have gazed upon the darkest depths of my own soul and the horrors there. I did not turn away from it like a lesser creature, you sniveling wretch, I embraced it, devoured it, gave birth to it and forged it into an adamantine blade to carry me on and punish the wicked. Fear is my constant companion, my child, my wife. I am fear, you pathetic dung stain, and I know whence it comes and where it leads, for it does so at my command. This mask is no more a thing of Wormwood than I -- it is my own fear, mastered and owned, a blade and a shield against the terrors that stand in my path."

Penitent considers ending Zacatecus then and there, but the fiend may still have a use ...though perhaps he could serve such a purpose with fewer limbs.

The arrival of the vampires proves a distraction from such plans, however, and Penitent and his rangers -- well-equipped an unbothered by the cold -- turn to the familiar work of eradicating the blood-sucking foes, even if some bear the faces of former companions. Audrey and the other rangers follow the apok's lead, fighting capably but conserving their strength, ensuring their full number survives for the battles to come.

Emboldened by his new enchanted blade, Karl ignores Penitent's orders and rushes into combat, where the imp's lack of actual ability appears destined to be his downfall ... until suddenly he emerges from a cluster of vampires in a whirlwind of blood, cutting left and right with his berserker blade in a display of combat prowess that leaves others to shame. It's only then that Penitent notices the massive silver belt buckle mounted on Karl's sword belt, carved in the shape of an anger worm's maw and twinkling with enchantments.

"Got this from Ares for Secret Santa! What do you think, Papa?" he says, before crotch-thrusting a vampire in the face to burn it with the silver buckle.
Karl's new belt
Two raises, so Karl will snag an enchanted belt with 2 Major mods: +2d Fighting
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Bennies: 0/3 +1 Red Benny (1d10 for EE or 1d10 Wild Die on a reroll)
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Notice d8, Intimidation d8+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
PPE: 4/20 + 10/10 (demon mask) + 10/10 (Karl - ?)
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Seeing the strange sight of the giant grabbing the little creature Ndreare wonders what could cause something so large to run as if in fear. He did not recall anything so dangerous. But the two looks like they were in dire peril.

As they climb the mountain and begin experiencing the extreme cold Ndreare is glad that Yohd saw to it his men had the highest quality of gear to prepare for the coming trouble. This is one situation where it really is coming in handy.

Ndreare has FEP, Rangers vs Cold 6, no rangers lost still at 19
Ndreare's own armor protected him from most of the cold, but protecting the rangers with him was a little more difficult.

Vigor -2 for Cold, Spending Bennies for +4 total roll Vigor +2
Group Vigor of Ranger assassins d6
Vigor [dice:3app498g]46225:0[/dice:3app498g]
Wild [dice:3app498g]46225:1[/dice:3app498g]
As the exchange between the giant and Penitent, Ndreare nods. "Nicely said." Rodney not being so eleoquint mocks the giant.

"I bet you wish your masters gave you cool words like that. Heck he did not even need to rehearse it." When suddenly the vampire rangers begin dropping all around them.

Ndreare skips no time giving order. Form up, you know the drill these are not our friends. Yohd summons a giant globe of daylight to provide cover for the men to shoot from before going invisible and moving in among the vampires an invisible field if death identified only by the bodies that fall.

Ndreare himself begins shouting commands and orders, keeping everyone organized and focusing on keeping enchantments going on the weapons of his men so they can attack with sunlight and silver to keep the vampires from coming back again.

Spellcasting 30
Spellcasting d12+2, Gear +1, Scene -4, = d12-1
Spellcasting [dice:3app498g]46225:2[/dice:3app498g]
Wild Die [dice:3app498g]46225:3[/dice:3app498g] Ace [dice:3app498g]46225:4[/dice:3app498g]
Extra Effort + Elan [dice:3app498g]46225:5[/dice:3app498g]
+1 from Rodney = 21
Once per session add Spirit to any roll Spirit d10+4 = [dice:3app498g]46225:8[/dice:3app498g]

6 Major/Minor Mods added to an item. I will need to work out with Pender what is appropriate.

From above Rodney watches out and helps direct information to Ndreare. His incredible senses, far better than Ndreare's he is says so himself, allow him plenty of notice before the vampires ambush. Maybe he should have warned him, meh, it happens.

But what matters is he is helping now!

Success +1 to Ndreare's roll
Notice d8+4, Scene -4, Danger Sense +2 = d8+2
Notice [dice:3app498g]46225:6[/dice:3app498g]
Wild Die [dice:3app498g]46225:7[/dice:3app498g]
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status
Parry: 9
Toughness: 22 (8)
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2
PPE: 27 of 35 base 20 without gear

Gear Charges:
  • Amulet of the Archmage: 0/5
  • Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 10/10
  • Night's Kiss PPE: 0/10
  • T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
  • Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2
  • Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
  • Armor Features Activated

Bennies: 4 +1 Red Benny (Roll d10 extra effort, or reroll with a d10 wild die)
  • +5 Quarterly Reset + Great Luck.
    +1 Benny for some outstanding RP!
    +1 From GM for Art of Maker.
    -1 For Vigor Roll to Soak critical failure wound.
    +1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.
    -2 Interfere with Rifts rerolled twice.

Adventure Cards
Special GM removed, need interlude to obtain
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn's rangers vs cold 14
Vigor [dice:bxest7l8]46242:0[/dice:bxest7l8]
Ace [dice:bxest7l8]46242:2[/dice:bxest7l8]
Ace [dice:bxest7l8]46242:3[/dice:bxest7l8]
Wild [dice:bxest7l8]46242:1[/dice:bxest7l8]
Mysticism 9
Mysticism [dice:bxest7l8]46242:4[/dice:bxest7l8]
Wild [dice:bxest7l8]46242:5[/dice:bxest7l8]
Forgot the +6, so 9
Zacatecas, Mexico/
Afternoon
Round 0

Ashlyn took the communicator from Tera Silverforge and put it away safely amid her armor. “Take care of the boy,” she said, smiling fondly at Taylor Thomas. “I didn’t pull him out of a Kreghor ship just so he could die some other horrible death. We will see you at the Castle.”

Ashlyn trudged up the mountain with her rangers, following Zacatecas. She already missed Kryseseia. At least she still had Vela. At the portal, she eyed the ring warily, and rolled her eyes at Zacatecas’ dramatics.

Ashlyn stared off into the distance. “We shouldn’t linger here,” she warned. “There is a mass of vampires coming.” She remembered the vision she had seen in the mirror at the Inn while readying herself this morning.

As if on cue, the howling began, not the wind this time, but a horde of former rangers and now vampires coming over the cliff above them.

“Too late,” Nestor muttered, already giving orders to his rangers, forming up around Ashlyn.

Ashlyn felt the warmth her mother’s silver cross at her throat as she prayed for the powers of God to fill her, to defend them against these monsters. Her hands glowed with power and she wrapped chains of holy light around a group of vampires on the right before blasting others on the left with celestial silver. From her backpack, Blanca yipped encouragement.

As she waded through the vampires, Ashlyn noted one she had dispatched, a spellcaster. She plucked a wand up from the woman’s belt.
Raise loot
Taking a Wand of Dispel (1 Major mod) for my raise.
Character Tracker
Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)
Remember Blanca (WC; d8 all attributes, Strength d12+4)
Ashlyn Alvarez Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
Encumbered: -2 to Str and Agi related rolls
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
Brave: +2 Fear tests
PPE: 15/25
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
ISP: 18/25
  • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
Shield: 7/10 PPE
  • Deflection
Wand: 7/10 PPE
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 0/4
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Hunters and Rangers

Krys: 17 Rangers lead by Grizzly Carter and Bet'ani, a young elven mystic
  • Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Kir: 0
  • Some might look down on these scrappy rangers. But their stake to kill ratio is some of the highest: Fighting is at a d10
Pen: 10 rangers lead by Audrey, the Rattler
  • Some might look down on these scrappy rangers. But their stake to kill ratio is some of the highest: Fighting is at a d10
Ashlyn: 15 Rangers lead by Nestor Calis
  • Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Grynn: 6 Rangers lead by Akel-Rah Skysinger
  • This is where the heavy artillery lies. Half the rangers have the auto firing plasma ejector, the other half has mini rail guns. D8 shooting.
Ndreare: 19 Rangers lead by Yohd
  • These rangers are apt trackers and sneaky bastards in the wilds and cities of the vampire kingdoms, Notice, Tracking, and Stealth is a d8.
Vela: 15 Rangers lead by Sam and Sulannus
  • These rangers are apt trackers and sneaky bastards in the wilds and cities of the vampire kingdoms, Notice, Tracking, and Stealth is a d8.
Raynard Lucas: 15 Rangers.
  • A lithe group of rangers that are hard to target from range and melee: d8 agility and parry 6
Rangers:
Each character is in charge of a group of rangers. Through conflict and heroics the amount of rangers a character has grows or diminishes. If a character ever is reduced to 0 rangers they have run out of resources to modify their roll. At 0 they may not use any of the Helpful Heroes abilities. When reduced to 1, the last ranger is the named leader. Rangers are extentions of characters and generally succeed when they succeed or fail when they fail. They can even help the character’s own roll.
  • Helpful heroes: Below are four ways your rangers can help you out.
    • Players may drop a benny: the rangers can roll a d6 skill die and a d6 wild die as a group roll. This is a complimentary skill roll and for each success and raise it may add +1 up to +4 to the player’s skill. Some groups of rangers may have slightly higher trait die. This complimentary skill roll is unaffected by any scene penalty unless specifically called out and the TN is 4.
    • The ultimate Sacrifice: loose 1d6 rangers to have them add 1d6 to any player roll (this is similiar to EF and can be used in conjunction with EF when applicable. This works with damage.)
    • We have your back: A player can drop a benny to gain any edges his or her rangers have as their group edges.
    • Heroic Shields: One of great things about these rangers is that outside of tactical combat(and even sometimes in it) players can spend a benny to have their rangers take a wound that would have normally been assigned to their character.
    • Failure of men: When taking advantage of any of the above if you or your rangers fail you loose 1d6 rangers.
The vampire’s are many but the heroes of the vampire kingdom fend them off and thin their numbers. But their are too many to completly dystroy. The bitter cold wind roars threatening to toss man child and beast off the precipice Zacatecus had lead the group too. Soon the portal to Calgary is half covered with vampire bodies and the other half is covered with snow. Dotting the snow among the vampires are men and women bald and clad with furs. The heroes find themselves in a precarious situation. They are on a stretch of the mountain that is a level plato, with the portal and the rocky mountain face on one side and a deep ravine to the other. The way back and forward is blocked by vampire and Rahu-man. Each hero and their rangers find themselves surrounded by about 10 vampires and beyond the vampires about 20” away is a half circle of Rahu-men armed to the teeth with all maner of heavy weaponry.

Zacatecus cries, ” The witches have come! My master seeks to test your mettle and kill me for my failure in the dance. One thing Lord Ruthvan despises is a lack of grace!” He forms a blade of pure thought in his hand. ” I must confess my men were instructed to take you here and free me from your company and you of your mortal coil.” He laughs with veild conern, ” Now I see my master’s mind. He has other plans protect me now or you will never find his castle!!” A vampire snarls lunging at him and he catches it by the throat severing the head and holding it aloft. A faint painted sigil three horns and a broom stick was etched into the former Ranger’s forehead. Zacatecus calls out angrily, ”The witches in this mountain have bolstered these wild vamnpires through some kind of dark ritual... The sigil...” His voice catches as he recognizes the symobol and then the world is covered in a thick blanket of snow. The rangers yell to each other to stay close to the mountain’s rock face least they be tossed off the precipise into a frozen grave.

Karl cries out into the night air, ” Papa? Papa? I cannot see anything in this blinding snow!... Argg back you vampire scum!” Swish and slash... A ranger’s voice cries out, ” No Karl! No! That was Devin!! Damn youi!” The soft gurgling sound of blood gushing out of the throat echoes through the darkness. The rangers under Penitent’s control are shaken by this accidental injury(Result of a crit failure).

Hundreds of vampire’s snarl in unision, and the hauty laugh of Rahu-men echo along the snowy banks of the precispise Zacatecus had lead you too. From the darkness the one named Dime laughs the most and yells, ” You failed in your dance Zacatecus! Ruthvan has commanded your end. My men have you all surrounded. Vampires and witches of this accursed mountain are near you in the blinding snow. What hope do you have? Magog activate the witches mark so that the vampire’s vision will be unimpeded!”

A sweet voice chants in the fridged night air, ” Zanth Rah Mal Co Distin Vash ran Dool!”. Eye see you!

The heroes while near each other in some respects find themselves caught in the snow surrounded by 10 vampires and at least 1 vampire mountain witch! The Rahu-man are have surrounded the heroes with their weapons drawn ready to kill anyone who survives the vampire assult.

Zacatecus calls to the heroes furious with his psi blade crackling. ” Allies... Yes, an enemy now is my ally. We move move off this presipise together if we have any hope of survival. Follow my voice and I will lead you to the castle!” He winks at Kir standing leaderless near him. With his words the battle is joined and the wild vampires with vibro swords in hand attack!

Pen
your rangers are shaken by KArl’s ill timed swipe of the blade, they are shaken and can roll a group roll 1d6 with a wild die to unshake at the begining of combat.
Karl and Rod
You act on your masters turn
Player notes: The vampires and witches are 4” away in the blinding snow ( -2 obscurement penalty, -2 darkness which is overcome by most armors or low light vision).

GM notes about the Combat: Each player and their rangers has sort of a little vinniette where they get to work together and take out some vampires. The snow both blinding and deep makes it too difficult to really help other groups (might become possible next round).

Step 1 Roll Initiative:
Initiative: Roll a 1d56 and consult the table here. Craft your naritive and if the bad guys beat you use the below info. Lets try just roll and consult the table below for your card draws. Assume we use two decks so hopefully that will limit the amount of rerolls. If you have edges like quick or level headed roll them appropriately.
Initiative table
To Facilitate GM's old and new, I'm posting this numerical list of cards. If anyone has suggestions, please voice them.

1 2S
2 3S
3 4S
4 5S
5 6S
6 7S
7 8S
8 9S
9 10S
10 JS
11 QS
12 KS
13 AS
14 2H
15 3H
16 4H
17 5H
18 6H
19 7H
20 8H
21 9H
22 10H
23 JH
24 QH
25 KH
26 AH
27 2C
28 3C
29 4C
30 5C
31 6C
32 7C
33 8C
34 9C
35 10C
36 JC
37 QC
38 KC
39 AC
40 2D
41 3D
42 4D
43 5D
44 6D
45 7D
46 8D
47 9D
48 10D
49 JD
50 QD
51 KD
52 AD
53 Red Joker
54 Black Joker
55 Extra Joker
56 Extra Joker
Step 2: Consult your card roll to the badguys Jack of Clubs! If you go first go straight to step 4! If you go after back guys drop down to step 3. Initiative: “Bad Guys”: [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:1[/dice:1ew0fgp3] Jack of Clubs!

Step 3: Click on the below OCC “ Badguys Beat you” and resolve all fighting and damage rolls. Ranger’s parry can be assumed to be based off a d6 fighting unless otherwise noted Here. Feel free to narrate some cool or tragic as the badguys roll dictates.

If badguys beat you, click here!
If badguys beat you: 4 wild vampires wildly leap at you! Fighting on you: 4 attacks. All attacks are MD vibroblades.
  • Fighting with wild attack and gangup: [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:2[/dice:1ew0fgp3] Damage: [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:3[/dice:1ew0fgp3] plus [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:4[/dice:1ew0fgp3] AP4
  • Fighting with wild attack and gangup: [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:5[/dice:1ew0fgp3] Damage: [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:6[/dice:1ew0fgp3] plus [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:7[/dice:1ew0fgp3] AP4
  • Fighting with wild attack and gangup: [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:8[/dice:1ew0fgp3] Damage: [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:9[/dice:1ew0fgp3] plus [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:10[/dice:1ew0fgp3] AP4
  • Fighting with wild attack and gangup: [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:11[/dice:1ew0fgp3] Damage: [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:12[/dice:1ew0fgp3] plus [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:13[/dice:1ew0fgp3] AP4
  • If needed Raise damage on all rolls is [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:0[/dice:1ew0fgp3]
If badguys beat you: 4 wild vampires attack your men! Fighting on 4 men(if you have no men these attacks are against you): All attacks are MD vibro blades
  • Fighting with wild attack: [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:14[/dice:1ew0fgp3] Damage: [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:15[/dice:1ew0fgp3] plus [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:16[/dice:1ew0fgp3] AP4
  • Fighting with wild attack: [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:17[/dice:1ew0fgp3] Damage: [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:18[/dice:1ew0fgp3] plus [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:19[/dice:1ew0fgp3] AP4
  • Fighting with wild attack: [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:20[/dice:1ew0fgp3] Damage: [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:21[/dice:1ew0fgp3] plus [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:22[/dice:1ew0fgp3] AP4
  • Fighting with wild attack: [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:23[/dice:1ew0fgp3] Damage: [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:24[/dice:1ew0fgp3] plus [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:25[/dice:1ew0fgp3] AP4
  • If needed raise damage on all rolls is [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:28[/dice:1ew0fgp3]
If bad guys beat you: Slumber! [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:26[/dice:1ew0fgp3] you and 4 men need to make a spirit roll vs 5 or fall asleep.

If badguys beat you: Vampire Mouintain Witch: Mega Bolt ( freezing bolt, vigor roll vs fatigue on success) [dice:1ew0fgp3]46335:27[/dice:1ew0fgp3], Failure!
Step 4: Your go and the rangers go with you! Assume rangers have a d6 in the requisit skill roll. Roll for each of them or every 4 make them a group roll. You are surrounded and in a snow blind ( Obscure -2 to hit anything or notice anything 10” arround you. After 10” it is impossible. Darkness -2 penalty as well. A Notice vs -2 will let you see stuff arround you but you will still take the obscurement penalty to target something individually like making a normal fighting attack. Area effect atttacks just need the notice -2 to be “well placed” and avoid collateral damage as the heroes are with their ranger allies. Kir is with Zacatecus since he has no one else. The rangers are assumed to be within the circle encompasing the player. I think Vela can chose where she is on the battle field so feel free to pop up anywhere.
  • Rangers: toughness 9(4) vigor d6, pace 6, basic vamp fighting equipment. Silver weapons, crosses, holy water. No wearing environmental sealed armor. Most skills and traits are a d6 unless specifically noted.
  • Badguy Stats:
  • Wild Vampires (On the map they are the turquoise blue V):Pace: 8; Parry: 7; Toughness: 9 “Darkvision” and vibroswords
  • Vampire Mountain Witches ( on the map they are Green W): Pace: 10(2); Parry: 5(7); Toughness: 18(10)(2) MDC, “Deevils Pact” and some other special things including -2 to hit via range... Champion edge will apply vs them.
  • Rahu-Men(Yellow R): Cha: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 17 (6): Railguns, Chainswords, TW flame blades, TK mini guns. Dime noted by the yellow D has a draining blade(vibro vambraces) and his parry is a 11.
Attachments
E55714B3-5510-4F21-9E2E-5C6617D5E4DA.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Initiative
[dice:3kzum9x4]46340:0[/dice:3kzum9x4]
Resolve attacks on Ashlyn
First attack misses Ashlyn thanks to Champion.
Second attack Shakes Ashlyn. Benny to unshake.
Third attack Wounds Ashlyn. Benny to Soak
Vigor [dice:3kzum9x4]46340:1[/dice:3kzum9x4]
Wild [dice:3kzum9x4]46340:2[/dice:3kzum9x4]
Soaked, so not shaken.
Fourth attack Wounds Ashlyn. Last benny to Soak
Vigor [dice:3kzum9x4]46340:3[/dice:3kzum9x4]
Wild [dice:3kzum9x4]46340:4[/dice:3kzum9x4]
Soaked, so not shaken.
Resolve attacks on men
I assume the men are wearing basic armor of 4, which is negated by the AP.
First attack kills a ranger.
Second attack kills a ranger.
Third attack misses.
Fourth attack kills a ranger.
Resolve Slumber
Ashlyn Spirit [dice:3kzum9x4]46340:5[/dice:3kzum9x4]
Ace [dice:3kzum9x4]46340:11[/dice:3kzum9x4]
Wild [dice:3kzum9x4]46340:6[/dice:3kzum9x4]
Ranger [dice:3kzum9x4]46340:7[/dice:3kzum9x4]
Ranger [dice:3kzum9x4]46340:8[/dice:3kzum9x4]
Ranger [dice:3kzum9x4]46340:9[/dice:3kzum9x4]
Ace [dice:3kzum9x4]46340:12[/dice:3kzum9x4]
Ranger [dice:3kzum9x4]46340:10[/dice:3kzum9x4]
Notice 15
-2 obscurement
Notice [dice:3kzum9x4]46340:13[/dice:3kzum9x4]
Wild [dice:3kzum9x4]46340:14[/dice:3kzum9x4]
Ace [dice:3kzum9x4]46340:15[/dice:3kzum9x4]
Light blade
[dice:3kzum9x4]46340:16[/dice:3kzum9x4] vampires take [dice:3kzum9x4]46340:17[/dice:3kzum9x4]sunlight damage.
Holy Warrior
Opposed Spirit roll; +4 The Drop (He Who Fights Monsters)
Spirit [dice:3kzum9x4]46340:18[/dice:3kzum9x4]
Wild [dice:3kzum9x4]46340:19[/dice:3kzum9x4]
All supernatural evil within 12" needs to beat a Spirit 9 or be Shaken. On a Raise they are destroyed. If they are WC, they take a Wound instead.
Zacatecas, Mexico/Portal
Afternoon
Round 0

Ashlyn yelled to her rangers as the vampires leapt in, putting up her shield. She was dogpiled by four vampires, feeling the crush of their powerful blows slice through her armor, though she managed to avoid any serious wounds. She heard three of her rangers die gurgling in the snow, and another two dropped unconscious. She managed to block the freezing bolt from the witch with her shield.

Ashlyn surged back to her feet. First she needed to clear the area, get them some space. Ashlyn activated her light blade, bathing the area around her in sunlight, listening to the vampires scream. The silver cross at her throat glowed brightly as she shouted out a prayer and a holy command, bathing the area around her in silver light.
Character Tracker
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Rolls
Penitent has the equivalent of Sixth Sense vs. Supernatural, so I'll roll that first:
Notice [dice:phot98w1]46522:0[/dice:phot98w1]
Wild [dice:phot98w1]46522:1[/dice:phot98w1] = Ace! [dice:phot98w1]46522:4[/dice:phot98w1] = So he'd be On Hold to begin with anyway

Initiative [dice:phot98w1]46522:2[/dice:phot98w1] = 4 Diamonds
[dice:phot98w1]46522:3[/dice:phot98w1] = Queen of Clubs = Beats the baddies

Roll for rangers to Unshake
Spirit [dice:phot98w1]46522:5[/dice:phot98w1]

Rangers will stake and kill vampires; There are 10, so two groups of 4 + 2 individuals, and they have Fighting d10.
Group 1 [dice:phot98w1]46522:6[/dice:phot98w1] = Ace! [dice:phot98w1]46522:10[/dice:phot98w1] = Hit with a Raise; Damage from Silver sword = [dice:phot98w1]46522:11[/dice:phot98w1]+[dice:phot98w1]46522:12[/dice:phot98w1]+[dice:phot98w1]46522:13[/dice:phot98w1] = Ace [dice:phot98w1]46522:18[/dice:phot98w1] = 12 damage means 4 Wild Vampires incapacitated
Group 2 [dice:phot98w1]46522:7[/dice:phot98w1] = Miss
Individual 1 [dice:phot98w1]46522:8[/dice:phot98w1] = Hit; Damage from Silver sword = [dice:phot98w1]46522:14[/dice:phot98w1]+[dice:phot98w1]46522:15[/dice:phot98w1] = Nothing
Individual 2 [dice:phot98w1]46522:9[/dice:phot98w1] = Hit; Damage from Silver sword = [dice:phot98w1]46522:16[/dice:phot98w1]+[dice:phot98w1]46522:17[/dice:phot98w1] = 1 Wild Vampire Shaken

Karl is going to go Invisible (free action), power up his BFB (free action) and attack a Witch with Imp. Frenzy
Fighting [dice:phot98w1]46522:19[/dice:phot98w1] = Nothing
Fighting [dice:phot98w1]46522:20[/dice:phot98w1] = Nothing

Penitent will:
Round 1: Cast exalted quickness, then cast greater armor (free action), while powering up his weapons and armor (free actions), then move to a witch and attack with both weapons and Frenzy (-2 MAP to Casting Quickness, but no MAP to anything else if that's successful)
Round 2: Move to and attack the other Witch (both weapons and Frenzy) and cast Greater Fear at the nearest bunch of Rahu-Men (no MAP due to Ex. Quickness)

ROUND 1
Faith for Ex. Quickness [dice:phot98w1]46522:21[/dice:phot98w1] = Success
Wild [dice:phot98w1]46522:22[/dice:phot98w1]
8 PPE spent, extra action each round and ignores one MAP

Faith for Greater Armor [dice:phot98w1]46522:23[/dice:phot98w1] = Ace! [dice:phot98w1]46522:33[/dice:phot98w1] = Ace! [dice:phot98w1]46522:34[/dice:phot98w1] = Success with raise
Wild [dice:phot98w1]46522:24[/dice:phot98w1]
5 PPE, auto-raise = +10 Armor (MDC)

Attacks vs. Witch (Two-Fisted, Ambi + Frenzy)
Durandel [dice:phot98w1]46522:25[/dice:phot98w1] = Miss
Fury's Fang 1[dice:phot98w1]46522:26[/dice:phot98w1] = Miss
Fury's Fang 2[dice:phot98w1]46522:27[/dice:phot98w1] = Hit
Damage [dice:phot98w1]46522:35[/dice:phot98w1] + [dice:phot98w1]46522:36[/dice:phot98w1] + 6 (Champion + Chainsaw of Good) = Ace! [dice:phot98w1]46522:37[/dice:phot98w1] = 29 damage, AP 4 = 3 Wounds vs. Witch

ROUND 2
Faith for Greater Fear [dice:phot98w1]46522:28[/dice:phot98w1]
Wild [dice:phot98w1]46522:29[/dice:phot98w1]
Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice:phot98w1]46522:38[/dice:phot98w1] = Success
4 PPE spent; Nearest Rahu-Men in an LBT must make Spirit rolls at -2 (-4 if they count as supernatural or creatures of magic)

Attacks vs. Witch (Two-Fisted, Ambi + Frenzy)
Durandel [dice:phot98w1]46522:30[/dice:phot98w1] = Hit
Fury's Fang 1[dice:phot98w1]46522:31[/dice:phot98w1] = Hit with Raise
Fury's Fang 2[dice:phot98w1]46522:32[/dice:phot98w1] = Hit with Raise
Damage 1 [dice:phot98w1]46522:39[/dice:phot98w1] + [dice:phot98w1]46522:40[/dice:phot98w1] + 6 = 16 damage, AP 4 = Shaken
Damage 2 [dice:phot98w1]46522:41[/dice:phot98w1] + [dice:phot98w1]46522:42[/dice:phot98w1] + [dice:phot98w1]46522:43[/dice:phot98w1] + 6 = Ace! [dice:phot98w1]46522:47[/dice:phot98w1] = Ace! [dice:phot98w1]46522:49[/dice:phot98w1] = 52 damage, AP 4 = 9 Wounds
Damage 3 [dice:phot98w1]46522:44[/dice:phot98w1] + [dice:phot98w1]46522:45[/dice:phot98w1] + [dice:phot98w1]46522:46[/dice:phot98w1] + 6 = Ace! [dice:phot98w1]46522:48[/dice:phot98w1] = 30 damage, AP 4 = 4 Wounds
Vowing to dismember Zacatecus at the earliest opportunity, Penitent exhorts his rangers to do what they do so well, giving the final death to the encroaching vampire horde.

The rangers' deadly focus is broken for a moment, however, as a Karl's unusually expert swordsmanship inexplicably slashes off-course, and by the sounds of it injures or kills on of Penitent's own soldiers. Growling in frustration, the apok calls to Audrey to check on the fate of the ranger as he rallies the remainder to fight for their lives.

Taking the fight to the circle of vampires, the rangers manage to incapacitate four of the vampires and leave another one shaken. Swinging his berserker blade like a banshee, Karl goes invisible but is unable to catch the witch he sets his sights on.

With a whispered prayer and battle cry that chills the soul, Penitent charges past the circle of rangers, a dark flash in the blinding snow, targeting the closest witch. Once, twice he swings, then with the third carves Fury's Fang halfway through the witch. [3 Wounds to one witch]

Spying the debased Rahu-Men farther out in the blizzard, Penitent unleashes a demonic howl -- the sound of a predator that has found its prey. The roar is enough to stop the hearts of demons and sinners, but the apok does not wait to see who succumbs, turning instead and charging at the second nearby witch, who he cuts down in a spray of crimson that soaks the trampled ice beneath his feet. [9 Wounds and then 4 Wounds to the second witch]
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Turn 01.1 Initiative 9 diamonds, Boost Spellcasting +4, EX Quickness activated = -9 PPE from Blade
Benny for Improved Level Headed
Initiative [dice:z85qhx70]46585:0[/dice:z85qhx70] = 9 of Spades

Casting EX Boost Spellcasting, Casting Quickness, Drawing Weapons = 3 actions so -4 to both spell casting rolls.
EX Boost Spellcasting: spellcasting d12+2, Gear +3, -4 Multi Action Penalty = d12+1
Spellcasting [dice:z85qhx70]46585:1[/dice:z85qhx70] = RAISE Spellcasting increased by 4
Wild die [dice:z85qhx70]46585:2[/dice:z85qhx70]

EX Quickness: spellcasting d12+2, Gear +3, -4 Penalty = d12+1
Spellcasting [dice:z85qhx70]46585:3[/dice:z85qhx70] With above this becomes a 10 or RAISE
Wild die [dice:z85qhx70]46585:4[/dice:z85qhx70]

No roll to draw weapons.
Turn 01.2, Activate Blink -6 to be hit, -7 from range, EX Boost Fighting +4, Smite +8 Sunlight Weapon Damage, Two Vampires
3 Spells Blink, Boost, Smite + Frenzy, = 4 actions Two Fisted and EX Quickness reduce this to -2
Blink (EX Deflection): spellcasting d12+2, Spell +4, Gear +3, -2 Multi Action Penalty = d12+7
Spellcasting [dice:z85qhx70]46585:5[/dice:z85qhx70]
Wild die [dice:z85qhx70]46585:6[/dice:z85qhx70]

EX Boost Fighting: spellcasting d12+2, Spell +4, Gear +3, -2 Multi Action Penalty = d12+7
Spellcasting [dice:z85qhx70]46585:7[/dice:z85qhx70]
Wild die [dice:z85qhx70]46585:8[/dice:z85qhx70]

Greater Smite (Sunlight Blades): spellcasting d12+2, Spell +4, Gear +3, -2 Multi Action Penalty = d12+7
Spellcasting [dice:z85qhx70]46585:12[/dice:z85qhx70]
Wild die [dice:z85qhx70]46585:13[/dice:z85qhx70]

Fighting: Fighting d12, Spell +4, Gear +0, -2 Multi Action Penalty = d12+X
Fighting [dice:z85qhx70]46585:9[/dice:z85qhx70]
  • Damage [dice:z85qhx70]46585:22[/dice:z85qhx70] + [dice:z85qhx70]46585:23[/dice:z85qhx70] AP 12
Fighting [dice:z85qhx70]46585:10[/dice:z85qhx70]
  • Damage [dice:z85qhx70]46585:24[/dice:z85qhx70] + [dice:z85qhx70]46585:25[/dice:z85qhx70] + [dice:z85qhx70]46585:26[/dice:z85qhx70] AP 12
Wild die [dice:z85qhx70]46585:11[/dice:z85qhx70]

Springing into action Ndreare warns his men. "Circle up, do not let them in among us. You know the drill." Then he sets to work, a series of spells and motions that accelerate ins speed until it is only a blur. When he is done it is like their are half a dozen of him moving around the encircled rangers protecting him men.

Playing
19 Teamwork "Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus."
Rangers go Full Defense until enchanted, Parries
The Rangers knowing their orders and doing as told immediately set to work in defensive action until the enchantments can be laid that will allow them to destroy the vampires.

Defensive Maneuvers
  • Group 1 (5 Men PARRY RAISED TO 12)
    Fighting [dice:z85qhx70]46585:14[/dice:z85qhx70]
    Wild [dice:z85qhx70]46585:15[/dice:z85qhx70]
  • Group 2 (5 Men PARRY RAISED TO 7)
    Fighting [dice:z85qhx70]46585:16[/dice:z85qhx70]
    Wild [dice:z85qhx70]46585:17[/dice:z85qhx70]
  • Group 3 (5 Men PARRY RAISED TO 7)
    Fighting [dice:z85qhx70]46585:18[/dice:z85qhx70]
    Wild [dice:z85qhx70]46585:19[/dice:z85qhx70]
  • Group 4 (4 Men PARRY RAISED TO 7)
    Fighting [dice:z85qhx70]46585:20[/dice:z85qhx70]
    Wild [dice:z85qhx70]46585:21[/dice:z85qhx70]
Tactician; 10H, Joker (Given to Rodney), 6C, 9S
Knowledge Battle [dice:z85qhx70]46585:27[/dice:z85qhx70]
Wild [dice:z85qhx70]46585:28[/dice:z85qhx70]
Cards [dice:z85qhx70]46585:29[/dice:z85qhx70]
22 = 10 Hearts
54 = Joker
31 = 6 Clubs
8 = 9 Spades
Rodney seeing the ambush coming flies up. Instantly communicating with Ndreare. "Do you want me to attack or withdraw Sir?"

Ndreare replies back instantly in the blur of motion his voice accelerated from the power coursing through him. "Stay on watch, your weapon will not harm these things. Look for opportunities or remain invisible."

With the instructions laid out Rodney turns on his stealth system and gains altitude moving to a new location so he can gain intelligence and not risk attack from the vampires.
Stealth 13, Notice rolls are at -4 to detect Rodney, Parry 18
Joker adds +2
Stealth [dice:z85qhx70]46585:30[/dice:z85qhx70] Extra Effort [dice:z85qhx70]46585:32[/dice:z85qhx70] Notice Rolls against Rod are at -4
Wild [dice:z85qhx70]46585:31[/dice:z85qhx70]

Full Defense: joker +2, maneuver +2, starting next to Ndreare +4
Fighting [dice:z85qhx70]46585:33[/dice:z85qhx70] Ace [dice:z85qhx70]46585:35[/dice:z85qhx70]
Wild [dice:z85qhx70]46585:34[/dice:z85qhx70] Ace [dice:z85qhx70]46585:36[/dice:z85qhx70]
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

+1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.

Adventure Cards
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

BLAZE OF GLORY!
Initiative: [dice:2bycgq8x]46652:0[/dice:2bycgq8x].
Bad guys go first. All attacks against Grynn hit with a raise and more than enough to drop him, especially with no bennies to soak (shaken and I believe 5 wounds).
17 vs 13 - 1 wound. 19 vs 13 - 1 wound. 20 vs 13 - 1 wound. 22 vs 13 - 2 wounds.

I suppose with Blaze I need to make the spirit roll vs Slumber too.
Spirit die [dice:2bycgq8x]46652:2[/dice:2bycgq8x], Wild die [dice:2bycgq8x]46652:3[/dice:2bycgq8x], Ace [dice:2bycgq8x]46652:4[/dice:2bycgq8x].

Tail Lash: Fighting die [dice:2bycgq8x]46652:5[/dice:2bycgq8x], Wild die [dice:2bycgq8x]46652:6[/dice:2bycgq8x] = MISS.
Damage: Strength die (+4) [dice:2bycgq8x]46652:7[/dice:2bycgq8x] + [dice:2bycgq8x]46652:8[/dice:2bycgq8x] = IGNORE.
Rangers - Sleeping or Sleeping Eternally
Bad guys go first. 4 of 6 Rangers are downed, the other 2 fall asleep.
Spirit vs Slumber for remaining 2: [dice:2bycgq8x]46652:1[/dice:2bycgq8x].
Grynn was in his humanoid form, overly confident or just hadn't taken the time to change forms yet. Hell, he hadn't even had the time, or foresight, to activate the tattoo that would have fortified him! The speed at which the vampires moved and how quickly they sprang in to action from the sudden snowstorm was astounding. Thus he was a bit unprepared for the enhanced ferocity, accuracy and brutality of the vampires that attacked them. He whipped this way and that as the claws and fangs tore in to him. Bits of armor, blood, scale and flesh ripped from him, spraying all around him as the vampires tore in to him.

But...somehow...he stayed standing despite the grievous wounds - some of which seemed to disappear almost like magic! Maybe the sight of the Rangers - the Ranger he had worked SO damn hard to keep alive - falling all around galvanized him. Maybe it was his draconic heritage. Maybe it was someone, or something, looking out for him from above. At that moment, however, it didn't matter. All that mattered was what those bloodsuckers were going to taste like in his dragon mouth as he shifted forms and swept his tail around in a mighty circle. Unfortunately, all it did was make the vampires duck, dodge and step back - this just angered Grynn all the more.

He let out a loud roar, a mixture of pain, anger, regret and a promise of vengeance!
Grynn
Character Summary
Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Special: Cursed with Awesome (You can reroll a 1 on the wild die - unless it is a crit fail. Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll); Fear (in dragon form); Flight 12 (in dragon form); Impervious to Fire; Infravision; Size +6 (in dragon form); Slow Regeneration; Spirit rolls (+2)
Active effects:
Parry: 5 ; Toughness (Dragon form): 34(16); Toughness (Human form): 17(8)
Weapons: Claws/Bite, Fire Breath, Powers, Tail Lash
Edges: AB Magic, AB Psionic, Attractive, Metamorphosis, Power Surge

Charisma: 0 (+2 with Dragons)
Bennies: 3 from Blaze of Glory

ISP: 15/15
PPE: 20/30
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Invisibility, Light/Obscure, Slumber, Smite

Wounds:
Fatigue::

Currently playing in: Vampire Kingdoms
Kir Gloryspirit
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Initiative - Queen of Spades
Initiative: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:0[/dice:i8wxe13e]
Notice 11
Notice: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:24[/dice:i8wxe13e] (Scene -2, Alertness +2)
Wild: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:25[/dice:i8wxe13e]
Wild: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:26[/dice:i8wxe13e] Ace: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:27[/dice:i8wxe13e]
Asnir's Judgement 5 / 5 + Asnir's Guidance 17; - 22 PPE & 1 Benny

Asnir's Judgement (Exalted Quickness Self / Exalted Slow vs 5 Vampires, -18 PPE)
Exalted Quickness
Mysticism [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:1[/dice:i8wxe13e] (-2 MAP)

Exalted Slow vs 5 Vampires
Mysticism [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:2[/dice:i8wxe13e]

Wild: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:3[/dice:i8wxe13e]
Wild: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:4[/dice:i8wxe13e]

Reroll:
Exalted Quickness (Self)
Mysticism: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:8[/dice:i8wxe13e] (-2 MAP, -2 Scene, +2 Battlestaff, +2 Elan)

Exalted Slow vs 5 Vampires
Mysticism: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:28[/dice:i8wxe13e]

Wild: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:29[/dice:i8wxe13e]
Wild: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:30[/dice:i8wxe13e]

Asnir's Guidance (Exalted Deflection Self -4 PPE)
Mysticism [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:5[/dice:i8wxe13e]
Wild: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:6[/dice:i8wxe13e]
Wild: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:7[/dice:i8wxe13e] Ace: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:9[/dice:i8wxe13e] Ace: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:10[/dice:i8wxe13e] - 2 = 17
Kir calls upon Asnir for aid, "Asnir! Grant us the strength of our enemies!"

As he does so, a bolt of lightning strikes one of the nearby vampires and arcs between several of them before shooting into Kir. Their movements have slowed, but not much. Kir however, is greatly bolstered by the energy he has received.

Kir shouts, "Yes! I ask of you now, Asnir, to guide our actions as we entrust this vessel into your hands."

Even as he speaks, several of the vampires try to attack him, but his movements become a blur and he remains unharmed.

Celestial Silver Shards (7, 7, 4) + Ward of the Righteous 4, -3 PPE / -5 PPE

Celestial Silver Shards (3x 2d6+6 Holy/Silver Bolts; +4 Silver, +2 Champion)
Mysticsm: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:11[/dice:i8wxe13e] (-2 Scene)
Mysticism: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:12[/dice:i8wxe13e]
Mysticism: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:13[/dice:i8wxe13e]
Wild: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:14[/dice:i8wxe13e]
Wild: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:15[/dice:i8wxe13e]

Damage: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:19[/dice:i8wxe13e] If Raise: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:22[/dice:i8wxe13e]
Damage: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:20[/dice:i8wxe13e] If Raise: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:23[/dice:i8wxe13e]
Damage: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:21[/dice:i8wxe13e]

Ward of the Righteous (Exalted Armor)
Mysticism: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:16[/dice:i8wxe13e]
Wild: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:17[/dice:i8wxe13e] -2 Arcane Resistance
Wild: [dice:i8wxe13e]46739:18[/dice:i8wxe13e]
Dancing around the battlefied, Kir swings his battlestaff in an arc. The fresh runework glows brightly and several celestial silver shards hurtle towards the vampires. Two of them are hit square in the heart and drop to the ground. With a quick thrust of his fiery staff, each burst into holy flame.

The third is grazed and seems to be in agony, but is otherwise unaffected.

Kir takes the moment hes gained to grasp the medallion around his neck and intones, "Blessed be Asnir, protector of the Righteous."

Runes scrawl across Asnir's skin once the incantation is completed, and they begin to glow softly with an orange light.

Kir has two separate and independent turns per round, and he may ignore up to two points of MAP on each turn. 3/3 Rounds.

All attacks directed at Kir are at -4, and this counts as armor vs AoE. Kir also has one level of Arcane Resistance. 3/3 Rounds.

Kir is at 18(13) toughness. With champion, that becomes 20(13). 3/3 Rounds.

5 Vampires must roll Spirit vs Mysticism 4 to avoid Exalted Slow. (Movement = Action; Pace = Half [Round down] and cannot run; Parry reduced by 2 & ranged attacks made at +2; All agility and linked skills are rolled at -2). 3/3 Rounds.

Note to self, sucked last 6 ISP into 3 PPE
Last edited by Kir Gloryspirit on Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Champion: Add +2 damage vs supernaturally evil creatures and +2 Toughness vs damage from supernaturally evil sources.
    Crapsack World: Roll an additional Wild die per Trait roll. Tripple 1's = roll a new char?
    Danger Sense: Notice -2 to know something is about to happen; On hold if success
    Even Stronger Willed: +2 Taunt/Intimidation, +2 Smarts/Spirit vs Tests of Will, +2 vs Fear/Puppet
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Mini update, still waiting on Vela. @Ashlyn Alvarez The vampires curse you as they try to resist your devine power! ”Magdalina!! they all hiss! As they are vaporized by your devine might! There weapons clatter to the ground, and the rangers left aliave look to see who needs their help next. Nestor smiles admist of this turn of fortune and clasps you on the back whispering something to you.
OOC Comments
Spirit= [dice:2tc6iwi3]46786:0[/dice:2tc6iwi3] wild [dice:2tc6iwi3]46786:1[/dice:2tc6iwi3]
@Kir Gloryspirit The Vampires bare their fangs as they surround you and Zacatecus. Zacatecus laughs at them as they come aptly able to overcome the power of Asnir! The Rahu-man spits and yells, ” Is this it? You leave me to the vampires and being protected by this mystic?”Spirit= [dice:2tc6iwi3]46786:2[/dice:2tc6iwi3] Wild [dice:2tc6iwi3]46786:3[/dice:2tc6iwi3]

@Ndreare Please take another look at the initiative block. If you do not beat the jack the vampires drew they get several attacks against the rangers with you and yourself. It looks like the Vampire’s are going after Rod! They either leap from barren gnarled frost bitten trees or start stacking themselves pyrymid style going for the droid. Its like they can sense him or possibly sense something he carries. With the blistering snow beating all arround the droid seems aprehensive to go too high...

@Penitent Like he was made for moments like this slices and dices and his men follow suit. He not only kills the witch nearby, but his blade cuts deep into the witch that had been attacking Grynn. Audry grins darkly at Pen and fires off a holy light from some kind of TW wand.

@Grynn in human form falls as the vampires swarm him and his rangers. From his bloody body a soft white glow hovers overhead. In the darkness something resembling the moon shimmers into existance however it is more radiant than any full moon anyone has ever seen(More to come on this).

Still waiting on Max before moving to the next round and resolving Grynn’s blaze of glory. But feel free to react and RP a bit if you see the need or opertunity.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Next post comes 12/14
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Zacatecas, Mexico/Portal
Afternoon
Round 0

Ashlyn gave a relieved sigh as the vampires dusted from the power of her God. Blanca in her backpack yipped gleefully. Ashlyn turned, trying to see the others through the blowing snow. Some silvery light, like moonlight, shines.

“Is everyone okay?” Ashlyn tries to yell over the wind.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

+1 Benny awesome rp
The snow felt cold on Grynn’s face as he lay there his blood all over the ground. Even theough the sky was dark and the snow sheiled much of a heroes sight a glimer of pale moon light appeared hanging over head. It’s a strange light... Almost like a moon, but its as if the moon has a face of a dragon and its snout. The light grows brighter and brighter as if somethign is coming through. Almost at the same time Audry in Penitant’s group of rangers stabbing vampires and Yodhe leading a defensive effort in Ndreare’s camp they cry pointing to the light, ” The Host! A legendary ride of Chang-Ku Dragons!!!” While a mystery to most even the rangers still aliave know the Chang-Ku are a fortuitous force.

With a clap of thunder and bolt of lightning the snow breaks and a swarm of Chang-Ku dragon’s emerge. More than 100 of these emerald dragons flood the sky giving the perpetual darkness its first taste of a truely shinning light. One of these powerful dragons come forward with a snout and wiskers wet from tears and eyes full of either sorrow or pride. He is a radiantent green color. Its long lithe body seems to stetch behind it forever. He gingerly lands near the fallen Grynn and the remaining vampires retreat regrouping with the surviving Rahu-men reading their action.

The dragon speaks with an old voice, the voice of a father. “Grynn... You are more than the flame wind those around see. You are Chang-Ku! Hear me now and unleash yourself! Your aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, grandparents, and mother are all here. We are with you!” The world atop Vampire Mountain is bathed in bright wonderous light revealing that beyond the precipice heroes feet are set is a cold snowy realm covered from head to toe with a vampire legion about to pounce on the heroes.

The great Chang-Ku looks into the eyes of the heroes its three sets of claws furreled in fury as he sees the damage the vampire’s wrought on his son. ”Ndreare, elf of shadow... Most efficient and tactical mind in the realm. Ashlyn the Magdalena whose spirit and gentle heart knows no match. Apok Penitent a warrior of light far from home whose jounrey is frought with peril unknown. The weilder of the blade made by my forefather Duriendel. Vela of the first people. Your people are close to finding their home. You have found it here yet not here. Together we will shape it. Kir the vessel for Asnir whose trials have just begun. You have treated by son with respect and care. His family will aid you in taking apart this mountain piece by peice. The vampires come with their Rahu-men lackies!”

Zacatecus himself seems afraid and starts backing away only to be swiftly held by the creature’s tail. The dragon tisks slightly, ”You are known to us all heroes. The adventure’s of your journey are well shared by all in the celestial court. Come let us finish off these vampires! I count over 22000 in the darkness. Their master must have unleashed its entire stronghold! He will surely rue the day he trifled with the heroes of the Vampire Kingdoms and the family of Grynn Stormson”

The Dragons take their positions near the heroes of Vampire Kingdoms. The blizzard has ceased and in fact the weather is rather pleasent. The rangers too take the side of the heroes ready for their command. The darkness seems less than it has been for some time almost as if it was the moment before a glorious dawn. Grynn himself, turns from the red flamewind to a dark emrald green. His body stirs ever so slightly.

During the coming battle each hero at some point finds himself with Grynn’s father Storm. The elder chang-ku is clearly in pain and wishes to know about his offspring. ” He was lost to us for many years, was he a hero? What was he like?”

Quick Combat: COMBAT: Fighting, Shooting, Spellcasting, Battle
Scene modifier: +4

Dangerous Encounters If a character fails his roll in a dangerous situation he takes a Wound (or d4 Wounds with a Critical Failure). Wounds may be Soaked as usual. Success means the hero emerges with a level of fatigue, and a raise means he escapes unscathed.

Narrate the results and your part in the battle and +1 benny if you give Grynn’s dad a good story about Grynn( also giving our dragon a good send off)

Special: Highest Roll decedies the fate of Zacatecus.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Kir Gloryspirit
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Mysticism 16
Mysticism: [dice:1opr0csw]47018:0[/dice:1opr0csw] (+2 Staff, +4 Scene)
Wild: [dice:1opr0csw]47018:1[/dice:1opr0csw]
Wild: [dice:1opr0csw]47018:2[/dice:1opr0csw]
EE: [dice:1opr0csw]47018:3[/dice:1opr0csw]+2=16 (+2 Elan)
"Haha, yes! Great dragon, we welcome your aid in this dark hour," Kir cries out as he launches another volley of celestial silver shards into the vampire's midst.

Dodging blows with supernatural speed, Kir reflects upon his Journey with Grynn, "Not much of a dancer, that one. We regret that we did not have time to instruct him, but alas our journey has been continuous and frought with peril."

The elder Chang-Ku opened his maw and swallowed a score of vampires alive, saving Kir from being overwhelmed. Asnir can only do so much for a mortal vessel.

Taking a moment to catch his breath, Kir smiles and says, "Our fondest memory of your son is from when we first met him. We were leading a group of civilians from certain death at the hands of another vampire horde. Asnir spoke to us and told us when to leave and where to run."

Countless vampires jump upon the elder dragon, and although he may not need it, Kir touches the medalion to its body and chants, "Blessed be Asnir, protector of the Righteous."

As he does, the runes scrawl across the elder dragon's scales as well. Now, none of their attacks, no matter how mighty, can pierce the dragons already formidable defenses.

Kir continues his story as more vampires approach, "All seemed lost, as when our group met with these heroes we became surrounded, and a mighty being calling himself Xy appeared before us. Suddenly, a gigantic beast of a worm the others called the matron of all anger worms erupted from the ground to do battle with us."

The flames lighting Kir's staff flare up as he swings it about him in great sweeps, striking half a dozen vampires. The flame burns and hurts them, but is not enough to slay them outright. They back off momentarily while their wounds close up.

"And do you know what your son did? Regardless of the danger, he threw caution to the wind and dove straight into the great beasts gullet! HAH! Surely, Asnir would have room for one such as he within the Halls of Honor, should he find his final rest after his long years of life?" Kir shouts up to the elder dragon.

The dragon copies Kir, and sweeps his tail about him in a semi-circle, narrowly avoiding the mystic, and knocks dozens of vampires off of the mountaintop.

Finally, Kir finishes his tale, "The distraction of a great dragon in its gullet gave Pentinent time to strike the beast down. If not for your son, we might not have ever made it this far."
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Mysticism 12
+4 difficulty
Mysticism [dice:1k7yui2q]47117:0[/dice:1k7yui2q]
Wild [dice:1k7yui2q]47117:1[/dice:1k7yui2q]
Zacatecas, Mexico/Portal
Afternoon
Round 0

As the moonlight brightened, Ashlyn gasped in shock, her hands covering her mouth. “Grynn! No!” she exclaimed.

The vampires an rahu-men were backing off, staring up at the light. Ashlyn looked up and gaped at the flight of dragons descended toward Grynn’s still form. The tears froze on Ashlyn’s cheeks as the largest dragon spoke and Grynn...changed.

The respite from battle didn’t last long. There were more vampires now than there had been before. But the Resolute also had more help.

“You ready, boss?” Nestor asked Ashlyn.

She put her helmet back on, nodding her head grimly. “Let us kill these motherfuckers.”

Blanca barked in agreement, and then it was time for only violence.

During another break in the battle, Ashlyn found herself fighting beside the large lead dragon. He asked her about Grynn.

“Grynn was always so gentle,” Ashlyn said. “I found him as a pony, a slave to a bad man. But he preferred the form of a cat. He liked to play with Blanca, but he never hurt her, despite his great strength.” Her voice choked as she blasted celestial silver at a charging mass of vampires. “He liked to sleep on my pillow. I would wake to the soft rumble of his purring in the morning. He...He liked morning snuggles.”
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Fighting 17
Fighting d12+2 +4 Scene modifier
Fighting [dice:1hqvcjv5]47351:0[/dice:1hqvcjv5]
Wild [dice:1hqvcjv5]47351:1[/dice:1hqvcjv5]
Penitent sighs with relief when the Chiang-ku are revealed to be allies, rather than more foes. It's cold outside, and killing that many dragons would have taken a long time.

"Careful now, boy," he yells to Karl, who flies hear and there smiting vampires with his berserker blade. "The airspace is growing crowded, so don't let these dragons mistake you for the enemy. I do not wish to battle them."

Concentrating on the task ahead, Penitent leads his remaining rangers in a charge through the vampiric horde. Blades shining with sunlight, he carves through the undead like a lawnmower, or a Chainsaw for Good, turning the white snow black with ash.

At some point, he finds himself battling near one of the Chiang-ku elders, Grynn's father Storm.

"Your boy fought as fiercely, Ancient One. Not a fortnight ago, in a midnight ambush, he faced down the Mother of All Anger Worms by my side. As others sought shelter, he roared in defiance and held her gaze, giving me a chance to strike a god-driven blow that ended her line. Even if the bards never sing of our deeds, his name will be one that glows in the Light."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Erin Tarin herself wrote a small addendum to vampire kingdoms outlying the first of few catastrophic awakenings: The snowy mountain caps where frost dragons, ice witches, vampires, and Rahu-men dwelt saw heroes fighting for their very lives. It was a wednesday while the sun was blotted by dark magic that a great host of Chang-Ku dragons appeared. From the clutches of death their lost son rose and lead his kin and friends to earth shattering victory. Arise the mightiest of all Grynn StormSon. The legendary host leveled the cursed mountain and returned the sun bright and merry. As the battle faded in the sun’s newborn light Grynn went with his family parting ways from the heroes that had rescued him

When it is all said and done the landscape of vampire mountain was forever change. The mountwin itself was laid low instead becoming shattered earth lying flat and crumbled near a mighty strong river. Anyone with the ability to detect magic can tell the changku wrought a powerful healing spell over these lands. Given some time and tending this area could be a great home to a wandering tribe of jaguar people. The spell concealing the castle of Lord Ruthvan was broken as was the castle itself lying in many pieces a couple miles to the north. The sun rose high not something seen for days and any remaining vampires withered and sizzled meeting their final death.

Ash’s dog yips tugging at a ragged cloth of a fallen ranger and miracousky his mortal wounds heal over as do any and all heroes injuries. The dog yips again and nuzzles against Ash’s leg.

Rod buzzes arround no worse for wear himself and scans the area, his semi mocking voice drones on, ” I am not detecting the 3000 or so men we have come to save... There does seem to be an underground network of caverns still mostly intact. The nearest entrance is somewhere in the ruins of the castle to the north.”

Zacatacus beaten and broken gives a labored breath, ”Ah, Arggh... My legs... The moutain... Do you think you can really save them? My master will kill all of—“ He is cut off my Karl whom sets his blade against the Rahu-Man’s throat.

Karl with the Rahu-Man at his mercy excitedly turns to Penitent, ” Papa, I got him... Lets do that thing where we confess him of his sins and kill him!”

The ranger Melody snorts clutching her side recently heald by the dog? She looks at Kir, ” Can you feel him Kir? Asnir? He feels so far away.” She runs her hands over a curved piece of metal and stone: The top of the portal to calgary.

The remaining rangers gather around (noticeably less than normal) and tend to those still brused. Yodhe ,kin to Ndreare, and Nestor, the ranger leading Ash’s cadre, along with Audry the TW approach the heroes. Audry speaks for the three, ” That was not something you see every day. We are not sure if you will be going to the castle but we got some rangers trapped in the rubble and would like to get them out. Should take a couple of hours, maybe less. If you have designs on tackling those castle ruins to the north we can meet you there after we get everyone out.”

A brief survey of the remaining rangers would reveal that while not in any immediate danger of dying they do look more than a little weary. Something other than fighting might do them good and many of them want to first get their friends freed from the rubble before proceeding.

Zacatacus laughs over hearing the conversation, ” That’s right mortals, spend precious moments helping the few while you loose any hope in saving the many? Do you know what my master does with slaves? He sends them via under ground water ways to Ixotz. Once there you will=“ He is cut off again by Karl and his battle fury blade. Karl gives the heroes a demonic puppy dog pout that seems to beg, Can I kill him yet?

Reset bennies, and regain ppts.

React and RP ad you will. I assume at some point you will want to kill Zacatrcus (Pen decides his fate), and make for the ruins of Ruthvan the day walkers castle.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Kir Gloryspirit
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Kir smiles gently at Melody and says, "Asnir is always with us. He has been distant more often than not of late. I fear recovering Doc's soul may have weakened him for a time. But he is still watching. Believe in Asnir. It is the most we lesser beings can do. Have faith. Faith and push forward to further his designs. Asnir would have us stop these vampires, or at least weaken them, and that is what we will do."

The mystic looks at the piece of portal she is holding and asks, "What is this, then? It is holding your attention."

To Pentinent, Kir begs leniency, "You cannot hate a snake for being a snake. The rahu-man was true to his word. We have arrived at the castle. Does his death serve a purpose? Would exile not be a more fitting punishment for this one? His clan is dead or at least dwindling. His master will soon be dead. He has nowhere to go. He may also be the only one who knows what happened to the missing confessor."

"He led us to the castle and did not turn against us. Asnir would not have us strike him down without further provocation. I have said my piece; his fate lies with you and that...thing," Kir nods towards Karl as he finishes speaking.
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Zacatecas, Mexico/Portal
Afternoon
Round 0

Ashlyn picked up Blanca and nuzzled the white puppy as the sun shone down on them. She looked to Melody, Nestor, and Audry. “You are probably right. We need to rescue and rest our own, but we also do not have time to waste. Can you three organize the rangers for the rescue?” She gestured to those trapped. “We can go on ahead, hopefully save those taken before they are sent downriver.” She glared at Zacatecas. “As for you, you still turned on us,” she pointed out. “You have paid for it with the loss of your tribe and your master, however. If we let him go, we must exact a promise that he leaves this area never to return. The people do not need his tyranny to replace the current tyranny of the vampires.”

Ashlyn tucked her puppy safely back into her pack. It was heavy and weighing her down, but since they lost the Mountaineer, she had little recourse but to carry her own pack. “Let him live with his shame.”
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Penitent speaks softly for a moment to Audrey, who begins organizing the rangers as they search the rubble for survivors.

"I agree, we should let these rangers rest while we go on to scout the castle's ruins. They have endured much, and will be more useful when they've had a chance to collect themselves and refocus their spirits."

The apok then turns to Zacatecus, and his demon mask seems to gather shadows around it despite the newly-risen sun.

"This one, though, has many sins staining his soul. I fear he has no shame left, or justice would require he live with the knowledge of his crimes until the end of days. Absent a conscience, his body could be made to bear the mark of his crimes. We could take his arms and his eyes, then set him loose to wander at the mercy of those he betrayed and enslaved. Leave him his ears so he could hear their righteous rage. It would be cruel, yet not so cruel as the injustices his black heart has committed."

Cleaning his blade all the while, Penitent finishes and slips it into its sheath.

"I am inclined to mercy, however. Tell us the fate of the woman called Confessor, you despicable thing, and we will grant you release. You will leave this place, free of your sins and free of pain, never to do evil again. Now, speak."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ndreare listens to the after math report and nods and gives direction to Yodhe that once everyone is freed, and healed as much as possible to organize and meet up.

As Zac finishes his obnoxious words Ndreare looks to Penitent. "One like this will turn up again if this business is not settled here and now."

Upon hearing Penitent's offer of mercy Ndreare is visibly disappointed as the warriors once again allow enemies to live that should instead be removed from the field.

Looking to Rodney Ndreare asks. "Can you map any of the caves or the castle? If so show us a holo of what you have so we can plan our move forward."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Audry smiles at Penitent’s soft words as it reminders her well of his tender touch not more than a couple nights ago at the witchwell inn. She again speaks for the group of rangers as they spread through the massive amount of rock, ” Aye, we’ll find them all... Still, though take Melody at least. She keeps going on about the light of Ass or some such. I think she would do well to stick with you. Maybe even tend to that miracle dog you got Ash.”

Melody steps forward pleased to keep the company of the heroes. ” Yes I do love dogs. The one you have Ashlyn is amazing. He healed so many.” Her voices becomes excited when she pets it, ” Just soooo cute.”

Rodney beeps floating nearby. In his snide monotone he mentions, ”Taking her brother’s life when she first met the heroes seems to have faded from her memory and emboldened with the power of Asnir she seems to have taken to her new roll well.” His scanners deploy at his maters command and he tries to scann through the rock and the castle ruins a short distance away. ”Master... The Cavern is extensive and is several hundred feet below us. I am picking up a water way and a partially collapsed tunnel with the nearest entrance in the ruins of the castle yonder. I have marked the entrance on your map.” Rod beeps again, ”Processing... I am detecting a large underwater passage in the caves... Processing... Several large water craft seemed to be birthed at a dock... Process... Processing... I have marked the best route on your map. Unfortunatelly it will take some modicum of skill to decend down the cave system as the entire mountain was dystroyed making it highly unstable.”

The floating droid suddenly stops anyalyzing as its sensors detected a far more grave threat! A bright light erupts casting an orange glow arround the heroes. Rod blares changing to an armored combat mode with a light rail gun! ”Warning!! Warning Dimentional anomoly detected! Warning!” A Portal opens casting the area is a light familiar to some and alien to others. A power voice echoes that Kir immidiatly recognizes, ” HE COMES!” The light is blinding and a shadow of a short person can be made out.

Perhaps ill timed Zacatecus laughs and sheilds his eyes. Karl’s blade of fury draws a bit of blood against his neck! The laid low Rahu-Man snorts, ” A dwarve! Haha, how appropriate.” He scowls, ” Fine! I lied to you heroes... We fought... Your pathetic CS borg, the confessor... And another... We duked it out and danced until we won. The confessor never took the portal to Clagary, not that it will do anyone any good buried beneath rock now... She did though in her defeat take a small dwarve, a female from the portal to my Master’s Castle. The reason... I do not know. I do know if they, the confessor, my master, and the female dwarve are alive they are in its ruins.” He is clearly lying on the reason why the confessor took the dwarve he does indeed know, and he refuses to expound further on who the other one that fought the confessor was. He does however look with a smug grin at Penitent if so questioned.

The light fades and from the portal steps a dwarve some may have seen in the Witchwell Inn. A technowizard of some fame from the defunct Black Company: Hans Gruber!

RP a bit and in a week I’ll toss in an interlude style trek to the Castle Ruins.
[dice:5ftm8qw7]48211:0[/dice:5ftm8qw7] wild [dice:5ftm8qw7]48211:1[/dice:5ftm8qw7] [dice:5ftm8qw7]48211:2[/dice:5ftm8qw7]
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Hans Greuber
Link to his Character Sheet.
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:12 pm Perhaps ill timed Zacatecus laughs and sheilds his eyes. Karl’s blade of fury draws a bit of blood against his neck! The laid low Rahu-Man snorts, ” A dwarve! Haha, how appropriate.” He scowls, ” Fine! I lied to you heroes... We fought... Your pathetic CS borg, the confessor... And another... We duked it out and danced until we won. The confessor never took the portal to Calgary, not that it will do anyone any good buried beneath rock now... She did though in her defeat take a small dwarve, a female from the portal to my Master’s Castle. The reason... I do not know. I do know if they, the confessor, my master, and the female dwarve are alive they are in its ruins.” He is clearly lying on the reason why the confessor took the dwarve he does indeed know, and he refuses to expound further on who the other one that fought the confessor was. He does however look with a smug grin at Penitent if so questioned.

The light fades and from the portal steps a dwarve some may have seen in the Witchwell Inn. A technowizard of some fame from the defunct Black Company: Hans Gruber!
You see before you Hans Greuber. Obviously a Dwarf, he is wearing what seems to be a Techno-Wizardly version of archaic Plate Armor that has a faint red glow, and is carrying practically an arsenal worth of weapons.

"Rahu-man!!! With what Asnir showed me, I believe the Dwarf lady the Confessor you mentioned and your 'Master' took is my sister. If she comes to further harm due to your lies, you will regret it."

"Kir, you and your team here are planning on going into those ruins? I will accompany you and we can take care of those within. If we have any intelligence on what is within, I can quickly prepare for what is within."
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 5 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 5 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 1 /6
Created Gadgets:
Arcane Protection (6 PPE left)
Remote Viewing (6 PPE left)
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Bennies: 1 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Fear against Vithen Wraiths
-1 to Reroll Arcana to Find Geist among Mirror Selves

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Penitent stares at Zacatecus as he speaks, the demon-mask concealing any emotion or reaction.

"There may be some truth in what you speak, fiend, but it is soaked in lies like a maiden's dress dragged through pig-shit. But if you wish to continue carrying that burden, we will not stop you. You were given the chance to be purified and turned it away. All we can do now is prevent you adding to the tally as we send you on your way, to whatever destination your actions have earned."

The apok nods to Karl, who draws back his enchanted blade and then slides it effortlessly into the rahu-man's back. The spear-like tip emerges from the monster's chest, neatly piercing his heart, life's blood dripping onto the dirty mountain snow.

As Zacatecus breathes his last and mumbles any final words, Penitent turns to the new arrival and removes his mask.

"Welcome, dwarf. Even if the tales told by the Legion of your debauchery are true, your powers will surely aid us as we seek the many taken by the blood-demons. Our aim is the ruined castle and the tunnels below. Death lies within -- for the fiends that dwell there surely, and perhaps for us, as well. But if we die, it will be in good company, with the Light at our backs."

At that point, the apok's attention is drawn away by the wet chopping sounds behind him ...

"Karl! You're just making a mess of him now, and you executed him so cleanly ... You're never going to earn your own mask if you keep playing with the corpses of those you've cleansed ..."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Penitent wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:30 am"Welcome, dwarf. Even if the tales told by the Legion of your debauchery are true, your powers will surely aid us as we seek the many taken by the blood-demons. Our aim is the ruined castle and the tunnels below. Death lies within -- for the fiends that dwell there surely, and perhaps for us, as well. But if we die, it will be in good company, with the Light at our backs."
"We were ALL proven INNOCENT of ALL of those charges... but aye, my Powers are Mighty and I will surely be able to help within those ruins and the tunnels. Do you have any information on what TYPES of Fiends are within? Any such information will allow me to assess which Gadgets I could put together to assist us in there. Doing it ahead of time allows me to actually use them immediately when needed instead of wasting precious time that could be better put to use in Battle. You all look familiar... from the Witchwell Inn. We entered from the Dimension that contains a world called Shaintar, but it looks like you have just entered from here on Rifts Earth. Now Asnir has sent me here to both help you and to rescue my Sister, Gretel, who Asnir and that Rahu-Man you just killed have indicated is in the ruins or tunnels."

Looking with disgust at the bloody remains of the Rahu-Man, Hans shakes his head.

"I can see killing your foe, but the rest is unnecessary and unworthy of the Tomorrow Legion."
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Karl looks up his bright eyes and demonic tail covered in gore and blood of the Rahu-Man. ” Look at him popa! He still breathes...” Chop chop chop... Slice Slice Slice. More blood goes everywhere as Karl redoubles his efforts to see the Rahu-Man purified. Karl’s breath is raggid, ”What is this?” He points to the Rahu-Man whom even though his arms are severed, his neck is sliced a half dozen times, and the back has been peirced twice as many still breathes. ”How does Zacatacus draw breath?”

Karl whips out his cell phone with a blood drench hand and calls someone, ” Yeah this guy will not die... ahuh ahuh... Yeah Zacatecus. The eyes? Ok thanks Deathspike.” Karl wipes the cell phone on his leg smearing the blood arround more than cleaning it. He puts it away and lunges at Zacatecus unleashing the fury of his blade stiking the mighty Rahu-Man’s eyes! After a moment the Rahu-man gurgles its last breath and Karl slumps down resting from his ordeal.

The imp looks at the dwarve come through a rift and grins, ” Got the text a few moments ago Hans. Ansir sends the best no?”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Hans Greuber wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:57 am"I can see killing your foe, but the rest is unnecessary and unworthy of the Tomorrow Legion."
"We're not members of the Legion. More like ... Legion-adjacent. Our goals often overlap, but our methods are our own."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Penitent wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:06 pm"We're not members of the Legion. More like ... Legion-adjacent. Our goals often overlap, but our methods are our own."
"Alright... then the most important part. How do you get PAID? Do you just collect the Salvage, or do you have a benefactor out here? I have... skills... that can help us improve the condition and quantity of salvage we come across... and how will we split any salvage?"

"And you, Imp... YOU work for Asnir... Great... just Great..."
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Zacatecas, Mexico/Portal
Afternoon
Round 0

Ashlyn smiled and cuddled Blanca. “Sí. Blanca is very special. Though I did not know that was something she could do,” she admitted. Blanca licked her face and Ashlyn kissed her snout. Then she carefully handed her over to Melody. “Be careful. Keep her safe,” she told the younger mystic. “Keep yourself safe, too.”

“The water below will be useful,” Ashlyn said. Then she narrowed her eyes against the light of the incoming portal, blinking away spots as she studied the dwarf that emerged.

Ashlyn turned her head away as Karl executed Zacatecus. She supposed it was necessary. But when he started to hack it up, she scolded, “Karl! Not appropriate! We do not treat the dead in that way!” She had to fight back her rising gorge at the bloody mess.

“We do not get paid,” Ashlyn told Hans. “We fund our expedition through salvage and the wealth of our enemies.”
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

"So... looks like there are 5 of us that are the big wigs... so we split the salvage 5 ways, and each of us get one. You can always share your portion with your underlings."

"Well, I also have some repairs I should do to my Armor, and they could take up to 3 hours. I would prefer to do them before we head in, but the rest of you know the situation better than I do. I will also have to remove my armor to do the repairs. I can remove myself from danger if we are attacked, but it would take me out of the fight if I did so. Thoughts?"
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Zacatecas, Mexico/Portal
Night
Round 0

Ashlyn eyed the dwarf. Salvage? Just what had he done to deserve any of the salvage? Well, it wasn’t like she much cared. She probably didn’t need it.

“Well, we are here to rescue people,” Ashlyn said. “I am not sure delaying further would be a good idea. Especially for three hours. They are being sent down to the capital to become food for vampires!”
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards

Return to “Chronicles of the Vampire Kingdoms”