Warm Night, dim lighting -1 penalty to attack rolls (modern armor will negate this), and an actual rift is maybe 5 miles away.
GM note: So much Victory occurred you triggered an secondary reward. Your complications are no longer in effect!
Resolution for the interludes: Please make these complication rolls first in your post.
- Loss ( Thanks Penitent): Players make a spirit or smarts roll vs fatigue, a fail on this roll means the character is exhausted until they can cry.
- Fear ( Thanks Lucianna, ignore Pen): fear check from encountering the essence of fear.
- Victory: +5 to a single trait roll during your first round.
- Love: +1 Benny
The moon is full, the soft dirt of old new Mexico is crushed beneath the feet of the heroes. To the north laughter, tempered with gentle insults can be heard. The sigils on the command tent and gear marks it as the cs commando squad: raven company. It would seem the commandos and their support staff are enjoying some revelry for a job well done. Several Samas power armors are off to the right side of the camp, and to the left hand side is a spider skull walker and its crew bedding down for the evening. The PAs and RA seem to be unmanned.
A sentry to the North calls out to their squad mates, " Commander Kurling! Raven company a rift just formed south of the command tent, be advised possible hostiles!" It would seem the heroes unexpected entrance has not gone unnoticed. The heavy crunch of a cyborg's footfalls and loading of a rail-gun are unmistakable.
" Raven Squad, 20 hostiles to the south and probably some no good D-bee scum just near the command tent. You know the drill, Zeta Maneuver now!" The hard metallic ring of Kurling cuts through the night air like a hot knife through butter. It appears the CS commander is on the ball tonight.
A wild Vampire lunges into the midst of the heroes only to be caught by its arms mid lunge by the angelic Serenia. Karl the imp Apok in training drives a silver dagger into its heart while licking the wild vampire's bald head. " I did it daddy I got him good... mmm tasty!" The vampire lies immobile to the side.
About 750ft coming from the direction of the faint city lights of El Paso are the headlights of what can only be Fizz's zone ranger coming in hot and heavy ( Yup, haha some one is driving it!). From inside the command tent just a few meters away a male blood curdling cry with a slight mechanical tone seeps from out beneath its flap... That is just about how your evening starts...
- 1st step consult the top of the page and make any complication rolls needed( there are 2). Then consult the boons (there are 2).
- 2nd step post your action and narrate your action(this is a regular combat). You guys go first in the surprise round, no jokers drawn, and only 2 bad guys are not surprised, they will go last. Your posts are how the action happens. Please use hangouts or the OCC comments HERE to plan and stratagize
- GM, note please put a recap OCC at the bottom of your post that makes it clear what you did. Also call out any opposed rolls needed. If you like feel free to be specifically vague or dial it in to the exact square. An example is below: