Part 4.4 The labored breath before the ambush-RP area

Heroes of the Vampire Kingdoms
GM: Pender Lumkiss
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Part 4.4 The labored breath before the ambush-RP area

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

This takes place right after The vampire army that was sent to ambush Gloom was defeated, but before the players are whisked away via Archon magic to the current fight against CS and vampires.
Spoon Fed Edition with a Soldad Voice over

There in the lava caves the army of vampires so utterly vanquished. Far to one side the defenders of some city named gloom look in awe. The three heroes that had accompanied the Resolute smile weakly finding just enough strength for a mangled good bye. Sabazio grips Krys and hugs her a good long one. He mumbles something to her. Lord Coake, grimaces holding his shoulder. He tells the heroes, " We chose wisely. I cannot thank you enough, and perhaps I do not have enough thanks for sending you out into the vampire lands. With Spartacus dead, I ask you to find Doc Reid, his information and call for heroes was no mere whim. I suspect he hold the key to something cruicial regarding the vampires. The Archons will take you back shortly." The three sensing the dawn has set on their part travel down to the gathering of defenders who are clearly mesmerizing about the heroes they now see in the glow of the lava tubes.
Soldad
IMG_0333.JPG
IMG_0333.JPG (45.37 KiB) Viewed 32633 times
Out of the shadows the last vestige of Soldad falls and crawls to the heroes like a begger looking for a handout.
Blood drips from the ancient vampire's lips, his body looks shredded, burnt, and torn assumder. His voice is foul and wheezing.
" Who... You did this. I Soldad, he who dystoryed the Ignis, the keeper of crystalclaw, a plague on the magdalanas. End me..." Soldad chuckles at the audacity of his demise. " I have been here, always! In the jungles of south america, a rite to end rites was done. You think the world can survive without me? He who saw Atlantis sink and the world deprived of magic. From here to the rings of Jaralaixus 3 I am everwhere. I am time immorial!" Soldad cackles long and haughty, a breathless whisper at this point. Blood is seeping from his lips, massive amounts, and his face is gaunt.

A creature known as Shakal the half formed bowing low so as to minimize her threatening appearance comes up behind Soldad. She looks like she has seen better days, her arms are lacerated an dher torso has a huge burn on it. "Master..." Soldad only groans. The half formed creature looks to the Resolute, " My master needs life blood to survive. You must let me take him and feed him, he will not survive. His life is too important to let turn to ragged dust.". Shakal shakes her hands, " Shakal knows what to do. Shakal knows he is necessary. Shakal knows his evil must continue. If not in him, it will endure in someone else. Shakal knows Soldad longs for this world, he is apart of it in a way that cannot be fathomed."
Shakal meekly begs, " Please, I... I love him."
Shakal looks at Soldad, who has succumbed to a world in-between life and death. She looks at the heroes awaiting their response.
Shakal
IMG_0332.JPG
IMG_0332.JPG (47.37 KiB) Viewed 32633 times
Feel free to rp and decide what to do with the two monsters. +1 benny in the new quad for a rp post here. And yes, first come first serve if you want to just kill both. But seriously, leave a little killing for others. The scene is designed to invoke strong emotion.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Part 4.4 The labored breath before the ambush-RP area

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ndreare listens to the mad ranting of the vampire without any signs of sympathy. The hatred he has for this creature who killed thousands of him men, corrupted planets and worst of all was responsible for his son’s sacrifice was enough that he had no concern for the abominations point of view.
Ndreare eyes him suspiciously thinking if it is possible there anything worth hearing to the story. then pulling out his TW B.A.G. he is ready to shoot the demon when Penitent interrupts and asks him to hold off. "These being are made of pure evil and always claim they are important or that there are reasons to let them live. I see none."
Edit: I can break character for a second to let others read this and keep this action on hold in the rare case someone says something to keep this dirt bag alive.
Without saying a words he lifts his freshly recovered gun, imbues it with the powers of the sun needed to destroy the vampire and shot him.
But his emotions captured him as he found that he was pulling the trigger on an empty weapon when he was done after firing at the ashes themselves until the ground beneath was even damaged.
Bringing his emotions back into line where they belonged he recharged his TW BAG and shouldered it. “Do what you want with her.” then mumbling almost inaudibly he adds. “But he will destroy no more families.”

Looking at Ashlyn he realizes while a vampire slayer, she may have hesitations to killing even a demon when captured. nodding to her he says. “Sorry, I should not have done that in front of you.”
Knowledge Arcana 15
Knowledge (Arcana) [dice]0[/dice]
Knowledge (Arcana) Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status
Parry: 9
Toughness: 22 (8)
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2
PPE: 27 of 35 base 20 without gear

Gear Charges:
  • Amulet of the Archmage: 0/5
  • Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 10/10
  • Night's Kiss PPE: 0/10
  • T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
  • Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2
  • Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
  • Armor Features Activated

Bennies: 4 +1 Red Benny (Roll d10 extra effort, or reroll with a d10 wild die)
  • +5 Quarterly Reset + Great Luck.
    +1 Benny for some outstanding RP!
    +1 From GM for Art of Maker.
    -1 For Vigor Roll to Soak critical failure wound.
    +1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.
    -2 Interfere with Rifts rerolled twice.

Adventure Cards
Special GM removed, need interlude to obtain
Fizzwaite Zipwidget
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Fizzwaite Zipwidget »

Fizzwaite crosses his arms across his chest and a finger taps his chin as the pathetic creatures beg for their lives. When they finish speaking his brow furrows and he frowns, "you guys aren't dead yet? Stabby, you are really falling down on the job here. I would have figured you would have these bozos sliced and diced by now. I would say that the only good vampire is a dead vampire but that seems redundant somehow."

Looking at the others he rolls his eyes, "please tell me you yo-yo's aren't considering listening to this crap?" Hoisting his Sunshine Lantern he then shrugs and grins at the vampire, "I could just shine a little light on the subject."
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ndreare nods in agreement. "I agree Fizz. But out of respect for Pen I will hear him out."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

+1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.

Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

His arms covered with the ashen remains of hundreds of vampires, Penitent looks down on the fallen Soldad without pity. His pleas, and those of his deformed follower, mean nothing. Debts must be paid and evil must be ended. But perhaps the ancient fiend should be given a final chance to repent -- or to reject it.

Kneeling down to eye level, the apok whispers into Soldad's ear:

"I know you hear me, foul elder. Your sins are as old as this world. But you could turn from them, at the last. You know my world, know what I am and the choice I made. There are no life-vat cauldrons here, but lava and blessed water might serve, if you seek rebirth. The stain on your soul will never be removed, but repent and be destroyed, and something worthwhile might yet crawl from your ashes," he says.

Expecting nothing, Penitent makes the same offer to Shalak.

"This one has nothing for you, any more," he says, gesturing toward Soldad's shattered form. "The dark has come to claim you. Turn from it now, and perhaps some part of you can be saved, to grieve and atone for what you have wrought."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Bennies: 0/3 +1 Red Benny (1d10 for EE or 1d10 Wild Die on a reroll)
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Notice d8, Intimidation d8+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
PPE: 4/20 + 10/10 (demon mask) + 10/10 (Karl - ?)
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Ndeare greatest wizard alive kn arcana check
even out in the mighty Kregor empire vampires are not unheard of. Legends, rumor, whisper in the shadow speaks of a world long long ago where several vampire intelegences met and conducted a ritual on a native of the planet. Your own research into the subject pointed to rifts earth as a likely place. It is said long ago the world was brimming with magic and leylines. Such a world could have origionally attracted the aliens that control the vampires. What exactly this ritual was never was learned, but if Soldad is that individual that was a subject of the rite it could make him unique, if some great power was bestoyed upon him it may explain his ability to have affect so much over a long course of history. A curious scholar might want to check this out and perhaps at some time head to South America. While Soldad may say he is time immorial and Shakal seems to think he nessesary to exist your research cannot confirm or deny these facts.
At Penitent's words, Soldad's eyes flutter. He seems to be growing less and less than he was. Its as if his face is shriviling and whatever life force is sustaining him is rapidly disapating. His voice is a ragged incoherent whisper and his eyes flair recognition, " Apok... I know you... You and I took back crystalclaw, help me now... I need Blood... I cannot die."

Shakal comes to her masters side and begs, " Please yes I repent, I must save him. I repent, I repent." She franticly begins to lift her arm to Soldad's mouth. But as his lips touch her flesh he spits on it. She trembles and looks to the heroes, "Please, I repent will you not help us. He needs blood to live. My love must live. One time in the caverns of Charlesbad, after the god of war beat him badly... He almost died then battling such a giant. A great hole the earth would have felt, had not a hero, a small cat saved him." Tears fall from her face snd she reaches out for the heroes pleading, " Please... I repent... Please he is dying..."
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Fizzwaite Zipwidget
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Fizzwaite Zipwidget »

Fizzwaite stepped back from Penitent and the vampire and frowned. This is stupid. This is a vampire that has killed how many over the centuries? Sure, it's probably just Stabby messing with the fang face and he fully expects to roast it like a marshmallow but when you start playing games that's when things go to hell in a handbasket fast. And considering we are already in hell apparently that seems like an incredibly bad idea.

Fizz finds a decent sized rocks and sits down to brood. Humans are so stupid.
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Listening to the points and seeing the decisions made Ndreare takes action. "I am not in favor of any kind of torture. It is pointless and entertains only petty emotions." Then without...
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Arcane Knowledge and Exalted Detect Arcana
Kn: Arcane to learn the nature of the spell / ritual Soldad may have been involved in
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Arcane
[dice]1[/dice]

Ace WD Kn: Arcane with prior
[dice]4[/dice]

Benny EE with Elan and prior
[dice]5[/dice]

EDA -- attempting to determine what spells / magics / ritual effects are active on/within Soldad, and whether Shakal has a specific magical tie to him
[dice]2[/dice]

Benny EE with Elan and prior
[dice]6[/dice]

WD EDA
[dice]3[/dice]
Lucianna peers intently at the vampire lord.
Speaking to Soldad WIP
"Magic is my lifeblood. It is everything I am, and it tells me everything it knows. I believe you to be a liar and dealer in falsehoods, no matter what ritual you may have participated in. I have watched you destroy life with not a second thought. Now, here, you beg for blood to sustain you, but you have drained blood from countless people with no thought to their pleas." She holds aloft the scepter. "And this, I assume, you've taken from the fading essence of an archon, perhaps one of our oldest spirits. I cannot see fit to extend your life through the giving of our blood. Unless you wish to enlighten one such as myself regarding what magic you have wrought, I believe your existence is at an end."
She turns to Shakal.
Words for Shakal
"As for you..."
WIP
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Bennies: 2 (+1 quarter bonus, +1 joker, +1 Pender's oops, -4 for rerolling resist slumber. Really. -1 Reroll Spellcasting, -1 reroll spellcasting Kreeghor dramatic task, +1 massive success on task 2, +1 Big Damn Hero, +1 RP and completing the task/saving the world, -1 EE Agility, -1 EE dispel, -1 reroll damage, +2 Jokers)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Active Effects: Greater Boost Trait - Spellcasting (+2 die types, d12+5); Greater Deflection (-6 to hit, additional -1 to hit ranged)
Parry: 5
Toughness: 13 (7) (Combat Mage Armor, Full Environmental Protection)
PPE: 43 / 30
Pace: 6
Edges: Improved Rapid Recharge, Expanded Awareness, Elan, Marksman (spellcasting), Slow Regeneration, Expert (spellcasting); all damage dealing spells are MD, all mega-versions are +5 AP
Adventure Cards: Cutting In Line - Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.
Weapon in hand: Scepter of Spellweaving
Weapon in holster: Shard Pistol, TW Flaming Sword
Edit Signature
Krysesia
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Krysesia »

K/History (Sm) [dice]0[/dice], [dice]1[/dice]

"Finish the demon. Let's figure out what's going on with her. Our Magdelena friend once told me that her people could undo the mind control of vampires. Seems like a good place to start, if you're so inclined."
Krysesia of Clan Skellian, True Atlantean Shifter
Quick Stats
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 21(10) in armor; Strain: 0
Weapon in hand: Manoan Firebolt Pistol (Ammo: 20/20) or Neptune’s Draining Blade
Bennies, Wounds, and Power Points: Tracked Here
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Knowledge Arcana 5
Knowledge die [dice]0[/dice], Wild die [dice]1[/dice].
Grynn licked his cat paw and watched intently as first the vampire Soldad spoke highly of himself, his place in the world, his value. How he could not, should not, be killed. That he was vital to the world. Grynn didn't understand that at all. "Life, existence, magic, energy...all of it is a wheel. Nothing is finite, everything moves. The universe does not end when we end. Magic is used and replenished. Life is extinguished and reborn. Energy is never really destroyed, just changed, altered or transferred."

And then a woman of some strange kind appeared and begged for the vampire to be spared. She said even loved him. Grynn reared back a bit in his cat form, especially when she kept saying master. THAT left a bad taste in his mouth, having only recently been freed from his own enslavement. He narrowed his eyes at her and then turned his nose away.

He frowned as emotions and tensions rose high. There was some debate...and some who were adamant that they were right, and that only their point of view was valid. That made little sense to him. He peered at Ndreare especially. He shook his head and let out a small sigh. These people were very strange for the most part.
Grynn
Character Summary
Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Special: Cursed with Awesome (You can reroll a 1 on the wild die - unless it is a crit fail. Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll); Fear (in dragon form); Flight 12 (in dragon form); Impervious to Fire; Infravision; Size +6 (in dragon form); Slow Regeneration; Spirit rolls (+2)
Active effects:
Parry: 5 ; Toughness (Dragon form): 34(16); Toughness (Human form): 17(8)
Weapons: Claws/Bite, Fire Breath, Powers, Tail Lash
Edges: AB Magic, AB Psionic, Attractive, Metamorphosis, Power Surge

Charisma: 0 (+2 with Dragons)
Bennies: 3 from Blaze of Glory

ISP: 15/15
PPE: 20/30
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Invisibility, Light/Obscure, Slumber, Smite

Wounds:
Fatigue::

Currently playing in: Vampire Kingdoms
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Addressing the thing in begging for mercy Ndreare asks. “I know of some rumors, a little bit of arcane lore that some of your progenitors managed to get along long enough to work together for powerful rituals. But honestly the details are lacking and the gains even less so. So tell me what I am missing. What do your masters have planned in South America?”
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Vela growled in irritation.

"He is Dead. There is no return from that. Destroy what's left of him, or he will return and all the suffering he's caused will happen again. So it is with all the Dead."

She had no idea what the dithering was about. Where she was from, there was only one thing to do with a defeated vampire. Finish the job.
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Soldad is barely conscious he is gurgling and effectively drying up as options are being weighed. He reaches from hero to hero seemingly to beg for a drop of life's blood.
But his faithful consort Shakal, looks at any and all. Her voice is filled voice is such raw emotions only the the most guarded could not be moved. " I... We... Repent, we repent. Please we will do anything, swear anything. My love must live." She strokes his face gently and lovingly, tears wash her face, and her lips are trembling. She shakes and quakes her words are almost unintelligible, " We are just like you, we fight for what we must to make our world better."
Luc
Ancient times, just as the humans began to take shape and form. Surprisingly the Archon shared memory extends back that far when so tapped. Being wrought of darkness descended when the first of the Archons were born out of the worlds leylines. Its like the dark beings, not evil or good, but just wreathed is shadow were inexplicably drawn to the energies that also gave birth to the Archons. The Archons of old and then did not have a concept of good or evil, they just existed. To their own detriment their nievity was, the dark beings showed them their first evil. Over 2000 Archons, more than half that existed then were sacrificed in a rite that bound them and the energies that wrought them to a single human being. The beings called him the world seed. What exactly that is the shared memory of the Archon's cannot recall.

The memory of Than, a goodly Archon calls to you sharing a image of long ago... Than stuck his head out of a chaotic rift just before they dissipated for a long time( and all the Archons faded). He can see a world cast asunder great waves threaten to topple the most magnificent of ocean floating cities. Inside a stone ziggarat a man, nay Soldad lies dying, a wooded spear stuck through his heart. In this moment he is alone...
Krys
Some scholars, not many and ones that adhere to the belief are often ridiculed do espouse vampires perhaps even a single one is at the center of all the worlds trouble, even when Atlantis disappeared. Your father never seemed to put much stock in this unproven conjecture. He often claimed it was a rumor spread by the minions of darkness to quell or temper the fire of the hunt.
Grynn
Your father the Chang-ku's memory lives within. From him you sense the ways of magic are incredible. Is it not true a great dragon lives in the center of the world keeping it warm for all who live on the surface?
Ashlyn
The voice within stirs. Child! What is going on I sense darkness and turmoil but I lack the sight to truly see what is happening!!
Soldad's eyes light on fire and sits up-right as if possessed by a last gasp. He reaches for Ashlyn trying to draw her near... His voice is a bit more clear than before but still a clear struggle. " Save me Mystic... I can release her... I can release them. Blood I must have blood!!" He slumps back, his features withering and his mouth hangs agape waiting and wanting.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn stood back, trembling, the holy shield she had retrieved now strapped to her arms. She couldn’t believe they were even contemplating this!

“Lies!” Ashlyn snarled. “He is foul thing of evil! There is no redemption for his kind! This everyone knows!”

Child! What is going on? I sense darkness and turmoil, but I lack the sight to truly see what is happening!

Ashlyn stalked away, murmuring to the Dragon Heart. “The vampire he claims he vital to world exist. This cannot be so. They parasites feeding on soul and body!”

Soldad's eyes lit on fire and he sat upright, as if possessed by a last gasp. He reached for Ashlyn, trying to draw her near. His voice was a bit more clear than before, but still a clear struggle. "Save me, Mystic. I can release her. I can release them. Blood! I must have blood!" He slumped back, his features withering and his mouth hanging agape, waiting and wanting.

Ashlyn instinctively flinched away from the thing that haunted her dreams since she was a child, the thing that had killed her parents.

“What you talking about?” she demanded. “Release who? Who you have?” Ashlyn grabbed Soldad’s shoulders, shaking him. “You talk, or I kill you now!” If he had people captive, they couldn’t take the chance of just killing this thing.

Ashlyn glared at Shakal. “Who he mean?” she demanded. “You deluded. He no love you. He not even know meaning!”
Character Tracker
Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)
Remember Blanca (WC; d8 all attributes, Strength d12+4)
Ashlyn Alvarez Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
Encumbered: -2 to Str and Agi related rolls
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
Brave: +2 Fear tests
PPE: 15/25
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
ISP: 18/25
  • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
Shield: 7/10 PPE
  • Deflection
Wand: 7/10 PPE
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 0/4
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Shakal looks started by Ashlyn's out burst. She frantaclyy looks at Soldad and pleads, " I don't know. Please... We repent, please he needs blood."

Soldad for his part looks like he is going to die either way, his body seems as if it is deflating and drying out. His eyes flutter once last time, and from his crooked lips one word, perhaps his last... " familia."
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Vela shook her head.

"The Dead lie," she says. "Even cubs know this."
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Vela wrote:Vela shook her head.

"The Dead lie," she says. "Even cubs know this."
"Aye, they lie. But the truth will out, in the light of day," Penitent says, moving close to the dying Soldad. With a whispered prayer, he sets his hands and arms afire with the light of the sun [casting greater smite with sunlight trappings on his arms], the veins glowing like rivers of white fire in his flesh. "Reject your damned life, fiend, and drink, so you may live to seek judgment. But know that to repent is to embrace the agony of your sin, with no sure promise of forgiveness."

With that, the apok extends a blazing arm toward Soldad, offering life's blood, or perhaps only death.
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn didn't like how the vampire was still undead and not dead, as he seemed to be upsetting or maybe even torturing Ashlynn. He couldn't change forms yet, so he was stuck as a cat. In his cat form, Grynn made his way over to Ashlynn and tried to comfort her the only way he knew how to at that moment. He bumped in to her leg and rubbed against it lightly, making a small noise. He really hoped she didn't kick him. A couple of mean people had done that to him back in town when he'd been a pony and a cat. He hadn't like it. "Mrrow?"
Grynn
Character Summary
Special: Cursed with Awesome (You can reroll a 1 on the wild die - unless it is a crit fail. Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll); Fear (in dragon form); Flight 12 (in dragon form); Impervious to Fire; Infravision; Size +6 (in dragon form); Slow Regeneration; Spirit rolls (+2)
Active effects:

Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Invisibility, Light/Obscure, Slumber, Smite

Wounds:

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Soldad in the throws of death instinctively sinks his fangs into the so enchanted arm. He sucks hard on the tit of sunburn holy silvered light. He then curls to the ground whispering and ranting. Sunshine enfuaed homy light radiates from his body outward. His skin ripples as if tearing apart from the inside. His mouth descends unnaturally long and a thick cloud spews forth it grows and grows taking shape. Part of it snaps back into Soldad as it rises off the ground engulfing the heroes. Red eyes pop out of the blackness as it surrounds the heroes. A terrible voice reckons forth bringing most to their knees.
I am World Seed Your Doom!!!
What can only be an intelegences intellect crushes the heroes so exaughsted after their long drawn out fight. Perhaps the end would be near and mettle would have been so tested. But Soldad's voice still feeble whispers ," Shakal I need you. Reveal your self."
In the darkness a flaming white green light erupts and a mighty adult Chang-Ku rears up engaging the Intelegence in a blinding flash...

When the heroes rise up the defenders of Gloom are gone and the Archons are ready to whisk the heroes off to their new adventure. Karl snarls, " Where did you go? Where is the crusty vampire?" Soldad and Shakal are gone but the heroes can sense something has changed.
Krys and Gryn
You both understand tattoo magic and have a nagging feeling someone has recently inked you.
Attachments
IMG_3366.JPG
IMG_3365.JPG
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn gasped at Soldad’s word. “Familia?” she echoed. It couldn’t be true! Vela spoke truth. He was lying! He had to be. Nothing she had been taught about vampires said they could bring back those once turned -- or dead.

Ashlyn leaned down and picked up the Grynn-cat, stroking his soft fur.

But what if--?

“Wai--” Ashlyn started, but it was too late. Penitent was already offering his arm, blood poisoned with the essence of sunlight.

A horror flowed out of Soldad, something no one saw and lived. And then the strange woman Shakal transforms into a mighty dragon. With a flash that left the dazed and blinded for a moment, they are gone.

Ashlyn sank numbly to the stone of the lava cavern, clutching at Grynn and sobbing into his fur.
Character Tracker
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ndreare looks at Ashlyn, this level of emotion is something he tries to avert at all cost. But he must explain to her. "Ashlyn, the vampire is a demonic parasite, a splinter from an intelligence that ejects the inhabiting soul. Your mother, the part that mattered, her soul moved on to where ever her rightful place is. The thing that has run around in her skin is only a demonic splinter of that intelligence reaching into this dimension with access to the host physical memories through chemical analysts."
Then thinking his words may be too cold for her, he tries to think of how else to put it. "Your mother is not suffering any more. her soul was freed a long time ago."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Vela shushes Ndreare as she goes past him, then sinks to her knees beside Ashlyn and leans against her side, offering whatever comfort her presence can.
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn glowered at Ndreare. “This I know all of!” she snapped. “I have lived to fight vampires, studied them. But I have watched my mother die twice now. Once by my own hand. HOW MUCH IS ONE PERSON EXPECTED TO TAKE?!” she screamed to the heavens before clutching tightly to Vela and sobbing.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

"Well, that could have been much worse," Penitent says as he wakes up and binds the fang wounds on his forearm. "At least now our true foe has shown itself. Although I am curious if we have seen the last of Soldad and his draconic paramour."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Lucianna blinks, wide-eyed, at the disappearance of Soldad and the transformation of Shakal. "Well, that was unexpected. I know not what he means by world seed, but I do believe he was involved in a ritual of great import, long ago. Its purpose does escape my knowledge, sadly. I cannot imagine what his death would have meant, but...oh, dear. I do not know whether that was a wise course of action either, Stabby Penitent. Oh well. The die is cast and the course set. We shall meet these new challenges as they come."

She shrugs, then moves to Ashlyn. "Ndreare is right, though perhaps the explanation lacked a certain decorum inherent in dealings with familial connections. Most mortal creatures fear death, or whatever passes for death amongst their kind. Moreso do the immortal, for they have grown accustomed to their life for a longer time. Creatures of low moral quality, or outright evil, will say and do anything to prolong their existence, true or false, right or wrong. I have no knowledge of a prior history of vampires regaining true life after having become Unlife. Even as powerful as Soldad may be, that he could return a vampire to the life they once had is a flight of fancy. He would only have hurt more people." She places her hand on Ashlyn's shoulder. "I did not know your mother, but I know that you are a remarkable specimen of humanity, due in part to her, I am certain. She would not have wanted the lie of her return to cause more harm to the living."
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Bennies: 2 (+1 quarter bonus, +1 joker, +1 Pender's oops, -4 for rerolling resist slumber. Really. -1 Reroll Spellcasting, -1 reroll spellcasting Kreeghor dramatic task, +1 massive success on task 2, +1 Big Damn Hero, +1 RP and completing the task/saving the world, -1 EE Agility, -1 EE dispel, -1 reroll damage, +2 Jokers)
Active Effects: Greater Boost Trait - Spellcasting (+2 die types, d12+5); Greater Deflection (-6 to hit, additional -1 to hit ranged)
Edges: Improved Rapid Recharge, Expanded Awareness, Elan, Marksman (spellcasting), Slow Regeneration, Expert (spellcasting); all damage dealing spells are MD, all mega-versions are +5 AP
Adventure Cards: Cutting In Line - Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.
Edit Signature
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ashlyn Alvarez wrote:Ashlyn glowered at Ndreare. “This I know all of!” she snapped. “I have lived to fight vampires, studied them. But I have watched my mother die twice now. Once by my own hand. HOW MUCH IS ONE PERSON EXPECTED TO TAKE?!” she screamed to the heavens before clutching tightly to Vela and sobbing.
He was never great with all the emotions people get cought up in, and it has become even more removed from them with his families situation being what it is. However, knowing how important it is to be able to function as a team and stay on track Ndreare swallows his pride and apologizes. "I um, I did not mean it to sound so. I am sorry." The words were delivered with truth, but still had a flatness of one not used to apologizing.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn sniffed and regathered her composure. “Gracias, Luciana,” she murmured, wiping at her eyes. “I am...sorry I lost control.” She looked at Ndreare. “I apologize as well.”
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ashlyn Alvarez wrote:Ashlyn sniffed and regathered her composure. “Gracias, Luciana,” she murmured, wiping at her eyes. “I am...sorry I lost control.” She looked at Ndreare. “I apologize as well.”
"We are part of a team. We will fight together and will eventually die together. You have no need to ever apologize to me. Any harm done here was mine to own."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn nuzzled Ashlynn. "It is okay, senorita. You can only take what you can take. You can only handle what you can handle. Others will not always act as you might hope or wish they would, nor in fact with your desires or best interests at heart." He shook his head. "But remember that while you may not always agree with those around you, you do have others around you, and you can lean on some of them when you have need. You are not alone."

Having said his piece, he stepped away from her unless stopped.
Grynn
Character Summary
Active effects:

Wounds:

Krysesia
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Krysesia »

Ashlyn Alvarez wrote:Ashlyn glowered at Ndreare. “This I know all of!” she snapped. “I have lived to fight vampires, studied them. But I have watched my mother die twice now. Once by my own hand. HOW MUCH IS ONE PERSON EXPECTED TO TAKE?!” she screamed to the heavens before clutching tightly to Vela and sobbing. Ashlyn sniffed and regathered her composure. “Gracias, Luciana,” she murmured, wiping at her eyes. “I am...sorry I lost control.” She looked at Ndreare. “I apologize as well.”
Krys has a far off look in her eyes. "My people have asked that for millenia. Fate seems to think we can take a lot. And by that I mean all enemies of death. It's not fair, or right. That is why we fight. You are stronger than you realize Lady Magdalena, but take solace in your companions. Even the strongest need to be weak sometimes, if only to regain sanity. I dare say even Penitent has moments of weakness, though I doubt he'd admit to it." It's obvious she means it as a pep talk, even if it is a bit distant.
Quick Stats
Weapon in hand: Manoan Firebolt Pistol (Ammo: 20/20) or Neptune’s Draining Blade
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ndreare looks at Krysesia as if she must be loosing it a bit herself if she does not realize Penitent has obviously snapped from the pressure long ago. The man has gone so far over the line only a supernatural force was able to bring him back and even then it seems a lot of his world view is still firmly in the practical side, something most sane people refuse to accept.
"So Krysesia what keeps you sane? I know your people have a higher than average tolerance to the experiences of arcane struggles and the vampire wars.
"Heck, some of the best warriors I have had serve with me where Atlanteans. Able to charge down any foe, no matter the horrors they presented. But usually they stay long enough to be trained and move on when their terms are up."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Krysesia
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Krysesia »

"Some do. But given what we face, what we as a race are responsible for, and what happens if we fail, we generally figure out how to deal with it. Part of it is quite simply our lifespans and the alchemical treatments that make us who we are. Are you familiar with magical tattoos?" She hold up her wrist, revealing the staked heart. "We age as young children like most humans. I was 4 when I got this." She lets that sink in a moment before continuing.

"Getting a magical tattoo is not endurance of being stabbed with a needle and having harmless ink injected in your body. You literally have caustic chemicals and arcane reagents jabbed into your wrist, after a specially prepared blade slices the design into your flesh. The process takes a month or two, with a few days in between each color or design element." As she says that, you notice that it is no simple outline, but a heart with veins of red and purple sprawling all over it. The stake is made to look like wood, with a natural look to it. Though there is no blood, the detail on the impact point shows a lot of red and purples, jagged and torn like it would be.

She covers her wrist back up. "We get it done at such an early age, for two reasons. One, the young body can handle it better and has more magical energy to work with. Second, because between this process and many others, we stimulate magical energy in our people. But to the point of your question, we are not told nursery stories as children. Our first stories are about our greatest achievements and our great follies. We are shown the full extent of our follies early and often. By the time we stop aging like humans, we are fully versed in the most basic history of our people, and our need to correct it for the sake of the Megaverse and our people. Then we get to do what few in the megaverse can. We spend twenty or twenty-five years fully exploring our own interests, with very few limitations - and most of those are about the security of our homes. We are not taught any of the skills our people are known for, save those used to travel with. We simply build up a well of experience that is more leisure time than nearly any other race I'm aware of, except maybe elves. And then we spend the next fifty or sixty years training, fighting, and acting in close consort with our elders. Then we are given our own missions to complete, or permission to find our own. Simply put, we are well tested long before we seek out the world on our own. Individual stories may vary. Ink, for instance, was very much focused on being an Undead Slayer from an early age. But that is generally how it goes."

She'd been very careful not to expose any secrets not able to be found in scholarly works in Lazlo. She'd been surprised to find as much on her race there as she had. But it also gave her a good basis for what she could reveal with little security concerns.
Quick Stats
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

His database has very little data on Tattoo magic. Something that always frustrated him, because they seemed more dynamic and potent than simple wards as any wizard could do. "I have always been interested in Tattoo magic, but the Spluhgorth tend to keep such secrets close to the chest so to speak. I would love to discuss more of this, at least what you are allowed to reveal without betraying your Clan."

What does Ndreare Know about Atlantean Tattoos? = 5 Basic knowledge
(Assume -4 as it is esoteric, but not unheard of and is super common among the Spluhorth)
Knowledge Arcane d12+6 -4 = d12+2
Knowledge [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Krysesia
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Krysesia »

"Unfortunately, what I just told you is the sum total of my own knowledge. I know the prep for even a single tattoo takes a week for the recipient alone. Ironically, the alchemical trainees practice on magically active fruit. It's odd to watch. I still can't tell you what they are doing. One told me that half the ceremony is actually about hiding the mechanics. Given how integral it is to our society, and how the Splugorth love to kidnap our alchemists, we keep a pretty tight lid one the knowledge as a rule. I can literally tell you more about a few spells of legend than I can tattoo magic."
Quick Stats
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Still pressed comfortingly against Ashlyn's side, Vela wonders at the tattoo magic that Krysesia describes. It doesn't sound to her like something that would work on her people. Impurities pushed into their flesh were always eventually pushed back out, or destroyed within. The exception was silver, but any amount of silver in the body would deny one of the Jaguar People their most potent defense; their ability to renew themselves. She doubted the power of these tattoos would be worth that sacrifice...even if Krysesia's people would share it. Which seemed unlikely.

Still, it did make her wonder what other weapons were in the world that her kin was ignorant of, or ignoring.

She looked back at Ashlyn and asked, "You are all right?"
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn smiled sadly at Vela and snuggled in closer, grateful for her friend’s comforting presence. “No, but I will be,” she assured the panther shifter. “Thank you for being here for me, Vela.”
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Vela smiled a little at that. It was a pleasant thing, to be close to someone you trusted. Like being a kitten again, a little.

Without really thinking about it, the were-jaguar shifted position a little and tilted her head to get access to Ashlyn's hair, then started affectionately grooming her. By licking it.

Almost immediately though, she was reminded of the difference between humans and jaguars, when Ashlyn's hair...much longer than jaguar fur...got into her mouth, forcing her to turn her head away, sputtering.

"Gah!"
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ndreare eyed the strange behavior of the two women.
Not sure if that is intended to be sympathy or romance, but either one was something he was not interested in seeing.
"I think it is best if we prepare, and get ours minds in order."

Such emotions tend to lead to trouble on the battlefield and should be discouraged.
But humans always seem to be weak when it comes to rational decisions.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Vela wrote:Without really thinking about it, the were-jaguar shifted position a little and tilted her head to get access to Ashlyn's hair, then started affectionately grooming her. By licking it.
"Oh, I can do lickings, too!" Karl says, starting to fly forward to join in.

Penitent grabs him by the tail before he gets too close to temptation, however.

"Cover your eyes, Karl! You must gird yourself against such wanton displays, lest some succubi slip past your guard with the dagger of lust."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn looked over at Penitent with a curious frown. "Succubi? What is this?" He shook his head and looked at Ashlynn. "I have heard of Dagger of Lust. My former master used to hide it well, but he would read it sometimes when he was alone. It had a naked demoness on the cover entwined with a hapless but excited man. He had it with him once when he took me riding. He said it was..." He tried to think of the strange word that had been used, "...edubational. That was it. I don't know what that means though." He looked for an explanation.
Grynn
Character Summary
Active effects:

Wounds:

Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn blushed at Grynn’s words. “Um, yes, Dagger of Lust is very...ehm...edubational.” She fanned herself a bit. “Richard Longwood is excellent writer.” Cover-worn copies of such naughty books had been passed around the dorms of the novitiates in New Alamo. “Perhaps I explain it when we have a bit more…privacy.” She glared a bit at Karl.
OOC Comments
Edubational! Props for the Critical Role reference!
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Lucianna glances back and forth as the Dagger of Lust is discussed, a look of excitement in her eyes. "This Dagger of Lust. It is not a weapon, but literature? Oh, I do love reading! Learning is a passion of mine. Tell me, why can the Dagger of Lust not be discussed in public? Does it contain forbidden magics? I may know of these works, though perhaps by a different name." She smiles gleefully at the prospect of learning new spells or sharing knowledge she might already have. "Let us not wait for privacy. We know not when we may find it. Tell me of the Dagger of Lust!"
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Edit Signature
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn blushed at Lucianna’s excitement. “It...no, not weapon. Well, not how you think of weapon. Is sometimes thought of as weapon. And not magic. Well, not how you think of magic. But some think like magic.” Ashlyn looked embarrassed. “Is...name for man’s...private...bits,” she managed to get out. “Though in book is also name for magic artifact. You know of Osiris? His, ehm...manly part. Is not book of magic. Is story. Fiction. By man named Richard Longwood. He write stories about man named Texas Jones and Clara Loft. They treasure hunters. Often argue and fight. But mucho chemistry. Muy atractivo. Is history, action, adventure, and...mucho naughty bits.” Ashlyn giggled in embarrassment. Muy caliente!

Ashlyn paused. “I might have copy…” She looked over to her pack.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Lucianna stares blankly. "Private bits? If the presence of these private bits is so titillating, why conceal them? Is it impolite to share them? Oh, are these social norms at work? Fascinating! Tell me more!" She stares eagerly at Ashlyn, waiting for more details. "If you have a manuscript, I would be quite interested in perusing it, although I may need assistance in grasping some of the colloquialisms."
She grows suddenly pensive. "So Stabby Penitent is not likely to use the Dagger of Lust, despite his proclivities for impaling things? But that is because it is not truly a weapon." She turns to Penitent. "Do you not avail yourself of the Dagger of Lust? It sounds like it may be potent in the right hands, though perhaps not as deadly as your own blades."
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Edit Signature
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Looking over towards the conversation thinking it should not be that complicated Ndreare offers to settle the matter. "If you want I can show you the basics. But most of the local cultures are fairly secretive about their mating practices.
"Then maybe you can read the book and get some practice.
"It can be the most satisfying pleasure to deliver to another being."

Then Ndreare activates a halo on EDIN showing some common mating practices for Lucianna to understand. Then he explains the play on words of Richard Longwood and other terms in the book.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

There is a twinkle in Penitent's eye as he responds.

"I have never killed anyone with my Dagger of Lust, though all that I have 'stabbed' with it are now dead, as far as I know. The stabbing was rather pleasant for all concerned, I was told. In one instance, the woman I 'stabbed' -- repeatedly and exclusively for some time -- created new life as a result of that stabbing. The woman, not the girl, is dead now, at my hand. The last time, I used a rather more straightforward blade to stop her heart and devour her soul."

At this point, the twinkle is gone, replaced by the haunted, dead-eyed gaze Penitent more frequently wears.

"I yet hope our daughter avoids her mother's fate."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn winced at Penitent’s tale. “I am sorry,” she told him quietly.

And then she is horrified when Ndreare actually brings up holo-vids!

“Madre de Dios!” Ashlyn exclaimed, crossing herself and averting her eyes. “I have never…” She blushed.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ndreare looks up at Ashlyn only raising one eye brow and says in a quiet and smooth voice. "Never?"
Then looking between Lucianna and Ashlyn subtly he nods. "It would seem life is full of opportunity."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn noted the name of the author "Richard Longwood". He hadn't had any opportunity to read since he had been enslaved, but he planned to read more now that he was free....that was, of course, assuming that things ever calmed down for them. Thus far things had been mostly chaotic.

He frowned a bit as Ashlynn blushed and Lucianna seemed excited. It was a very confusing discussion, weapons not being weapons, and like they were dancing around something that was being talked about but not being stated straight out. Private bits. Manly parts. Naughty bits. He shook his head, clearly not understanding the winding around form of speech too well.. He thought back to when he'd become human in his shapechanging. "Bits...is a popular form of description?"

Then Ndreare tried to 'help' and talked about mating. THAT the dragon understand - well, the word at least, and the very basics of the principle. He was still very young, after all. And for dragons, mating was an intense urge that came upon you when you were older, and forced you to seek out another dragon. After all, most dragons did not like to have other dragons in their territory, not usually.

Then Penitent tried to confuse things again, though he seemed amused, by talking about his weapon, and dead people he stabbed. It was kind of macabre - but that was sort of what the Apok was like most of the time from what Grynn could tell. And the little flying creature with him was disgusting.

Grynn leaned forward next to Ashlynn to peer at the holovids Ndreare produced. He made a hmm noise. He glanced at the blushing Ashlynn with an amused look. Was Ndreare propositioning Ashlynn and/or Lucianna...or simply trying to nudge them in to mating with someone, anyone? Interesting.
Grynn
Character Summary
Active effects:

Wounds:

Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Lucianna blinks as the holovid is played. "What purpose does this serve? I have never seen humanoids mating before. This is for procreation?" She turns to Ashlyn. "Procreation is a natural part of the cycle of life, even for Archons, though we..." - she glances back at the hologram - "...we do not engage in such an aggressive act. Why are you ashamed?" She glances again at the holovid. "Why are they in pain? The male, his face is contorted. If it is painful to him, why does he continue?"

She shrugs as the vid comes to an end. "I see no appeal, though I may have missed some of the nuances of the experience. Perhaps I shall seek out a humanoid male to engage in this activity, should we find a moment of peace in a location that is not swarmed by the undead." She sits back into her seat, lost in thought, until Penitent shares his story.

"Stabby Penitent, did you confuse your Dagger of Lust with your straightforward blade when you stopped her heart? From my knowledge of the humanoid anatomy, the heart is not located near where the male in the images Ndreare provided was stabbing his Dagger of Lust. The straightforward blade must be much longer than your Dagger of Lust."
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Edit Signature
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Lucianna wrote:"Stabby Penitent, did you confuse your Dagger of Lust with your straightforward blade when you stopped her heart? From my knowledge of the humanoid anatomy, the heart is not located near where the male in the images Ndreare provided was stabbing his Dagger of Lust. The straightforward blade must be much longer than your Dagger of Lust."
Penitent sputters.

"My Dagger of Lust is plenty lon ... Oh, never mind. When engaged in, uh, the joining or, the uh, acts of procreation, my feelings for my wife were rather more affectionate," he says. "I had yet to forsake my sin and walk into the fire of the Light to burn and emerge anew. When we met last, she had given herself wholly to darkness, and all I could grant her was the absolution of death. In light of our past affection, I gave her a quick end, though I could not spare her pain."

Still unsettled, he draws Durendel and proceeds to meticulously sharpen the sword, being sure to hold it in a way that highlights its deadly length as he runs a whetstone repeatedly along the blade.
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Lucianna frowns at Penitent. "Is the act of procreation considered sinful? What deity would consider it so?" She shrugs again. "Affection for a mate is natural, certainly. Does that mean you were in less pain than the male in the images Ndreare provided when you impaled your wife with the Dagger of Lust?"
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Edit Signature
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ndreare smiles. "The process of procreation normally involved sharing of genetic material to allow adaption among the humanoid races. This allows greater diversity of genetic material and increases the probability of more effective beings being generated in order to allow the offspring to dominate the environment and those around. This ensures the survival of the species. There are also asexual reproductions, however their evolutionary potential is decelerated as it takes so long for positive mutations to spread and detrimental mutations can end a line quickly.
"There is really nothing here to be adverse to. It is all as biologically natural as eating and drinking, often used as an important element in social bonding."

"Some strange religions will forbid or ban such things. Most of the religions of The One God teach that such unions should only be done between willing people married to one another. While some others such as the Harmonious teach that all such unions should be practiced often and with any who are willing. I have chosen not to take another since my wife passed. I loved her greatly and would not take what I gave to her and distribute it to common women. However not everyone sees things as such. Some see it as an honor for another to enjoy their offerings and attempt to have sex with all who are willing.
"The only Procreation practices I oppose fully and chose to execute the practitioners of are those which are perpetrated against preadolescence and unwilling participants. When I was a general I normally issues summary justice by having the sexual organs of the participant removed for others to learn from then allowed the victim the opportunity to decide any additional punishments before they were executed.
"The matters are always complicated by cultural, regional and religious expectations. But in all cases their are those in power who abuse those not in power."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn’s face was still red as she answered Lucianna. “Such activities are not talked of in polite company,” she tried to explain. “They are far too...special to be shared outside the bedroom.” She put a hand on Lucianna’s arm. “Do not just find a man to rut with,” she urged the archon. “This is special thing, to be done with someone special. Is not sinful, unless with wrong person,” she tried to explain.

Ashlyn looked at Penitent with sorrow-filled eyes. “I am sorry for what was required of you,” she said as he made long, sure strokes on his...sword. She shook her head to clear that image. Dios, she needed to be at her prayers tonight!
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

"Baaaahhh," Vela groans, and pulls away from Ashlyn to look for another place to sit, though not far off.

"You humans, always in heat. I'll never understand how you get anything done but having your...what do you call them? The little ones?"
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

“Niños,” Ashlyn answered Vela. “Children. And not always. Not all of us have had…” She glanced around the cabin and blushed. “Do you not have someone special in your tribe?” Ashlyn asked Vela.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn found the entire discussion fascinating. Not simply because it delved in to a matter he had not experienced himself, which in and of itself was interesting. Even more so, however, was the discussion itself - the reactions and psychological interpretations of the various different species involved. Some were matter of fact. Some tried to avoid altogether. Some used innuendo and metaphors and humor. It was a great study of non-dragon behavior and ways of thinking. Points of view were important.

Lust. Mating. Love. Sex. They were all separate ideas and concepts and some were very intertwined - but not for everyone. Responses that were in turns emotional, logical, even scientific. Dragons had their own ideas and thoughts on the subject as well, but it was not something Grynn had ever experienced himself, not with another dragon or any other species. It did give him much food for thought, however, and he would definitely ponder later on. Then religion was brought in to the discussion as well, which Grynn thought might be a bad idea. He had overheard others say that two polite things to avoid in conversation were "Religion and Politics", though he wasn't entirely sure why.

And Ashlynn kept turning a more red-tinged color in her skin during the conversation several times. "Ashlynn...are you unwell? You seem to be heating up, your skin has turned a deeper red color several times during this discussion."
Grynn
Character Summary
Active effects:

Wounds:

Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Grynn wrote:And Ashlynn kept turning a more red-tinged color in her skin during the conversation several times. "Ashlynn...are you unwell? You seem to be heating up, your skin has turned a deeper red color several times during this discussion."
"She blushes, dragon, that is all. It is a sign of embarrassment, nothing more, and not harmful unless our dirty-minded sister forgets to breathe," Penitent says, his flat tone and expressionless face giving away nothing as he pokes fun at the nun. "Do dragons not blush? I wonder what sorts of perversions, if made public, would lead a great wyrm to turn a darker shade?"
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Ashlyn reddened again when Grynn called out her blushing, and Penitent poked fun at her.

“Is not subject we usually talk about in Magdalena convent,” she tried to explain to Grynn. “Is not something allowed outside of husband and wife. Is private and personal.”

Ashlyn took a deep breath to steady herself, looking sheepishly at the others. This was so embarrassing, to have been caught like that.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Ashlyn Alvarez wrote:“Is not something allowed outside of husband and wife. Is private and personal.”
Penitent arches an eyebrow, not quite ready to let the sister off the hook.

"Do they not sometimes refer to the nuns of your faith as being married to the God you follow? How does that work, exactly? My understanding is he has been dead for some time."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn peered at Penitent and then the others to make sure he was not being made fun of. But then he slowly nodded, absorbing information. "Blushing...very well. Blushing." Then the topic of marriage came up. He shook his head slightly with a frown. "Marriage? Wait, is that like...taking a mate, but one for life? If so, I can understand that."

He took that in as well, glancing at Ashlynn again and noticed from the rest of her body language that she seemed...uncomfortable. "I apologize if I have made you uncomfortable with my question, or if this topic of conversation is not to your liking."
Grynn
Character Summary
Active effects:

Wounds:

Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Lucianna's eyes soak in as much as her ears as the sister turns a new shade of red. "I am still confused. You speak of marriage, then speak of the act itself not being sinful unless with the wrong person. Is the wrong person someone you are not married to? What does it take to become married?" She puzzles some more. "If it is a transgression to use the Dagger of Lust outside of this marriage, why not simply marry multiple people? This would limit your exposure to sin, would it not? If this is for procreation as well as recreation, marrying many would ensure a wide assortment of progeny could be spawned, and leave options open for which mate you choose to enjoy this recreational activity with. I heard a phrase once. It was violent, but there was still wisdom. 'Kill two birds with one stone.'" She shudders. "I know. It sounds distasteful and unnecessarily violent. But it means to solve many problems with one well crafted, multi-faceted solution."
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Edit Signature
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

"Do they not sometimes refer to the nuns of your faith as being married to the God you follow? How does that work, exactly? My understanding is he has been dead for some time," Penitent said.

“Sí,” Ashlyn said. “That is the imagery used. Is metaphor. And Christ not dead! He in Heaven.” She crossed herself.

"Marriage? Wait, is that like...taking a mate, but one for life? If so, I can understand that," Grynn asked.

“Sí, that is what it is, and much more,” Ashlyn told the dragon.

"I apologize if I have made you uncomfortable with my question, or if this topic of conversation is not to your liking," Grynn apologized.

“Is okay,” Ashlyn assured Grynn with a smile. “Is not topic I am used to talking about.”

"I am still confused. You speak of marriage, then speak of the act itself not being sinful unless with the wrong person. Is the wrong person someone you are not married to? What does it take to become married?" Luciana puzzles some more. "If it is a transgression to use the Dagger of Lust outside of this marriage, why not simply marry multiple people? This would limit your exposure to sin, would it not? If this is for procreation as well as recreation, marrying many would ensure a wide assortment of progeny could be spawned, and leave options open for which mate you choose to enjoy this recreational activity with.”

Ashlyn palmed her face. “Madre de Dios!” she sighed. “Magdalenas are meant to fight, not preach!” She took a breath and looked at Luciana.

“Sí, the right person is one you are married to. Marriage is vow to love and cherish spouse to exclusion of all others. So no, cannot marry more than one. Dagger...is meant only for spouse, as is...sheath.” She blushed again. “Also guarantee children grow in loving home to be raised right and know their parents.”
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ndreare thinks for a moment. "Not all cultures or people believe in only two people in a marriage. It is usually decided by scarcity of resources, relative combat efficiency of the sexes involved and how frequently either is expected to die in combat." Getting up to pour more coffee he refills everyone's drink while up and then continues.
"Among my people the men are more often than not warriors and have a higher likelihood of dying violently. We also brood males only 40% of the time. This leaves females out numbering the males at ratios sometimes 3 or 4 to one, so we often have multiple wives. Experienced warriors often times even take inexperienced warriors of the same sex for sexual dominance rituals. Exchanging the learning and skill opportunities provided for sexual favor. Some cultures have no value or equivalent for marriage and others restrict mating to only those of opposing sex. the full details of such can be complicated and are more diverse than the races of the four galaxies. The ones i find most interesting in their procreation are mind worms who while complex genetically and capable of being enriched in material diversity are asexual reproducers.
"If you are interested in more information the encyclopedia in my EDIN is quite robust and can help you. If you would like personal experiences to make assessments on I can loan you my EDIN and leave while a few of you experiment with options."
The level and flat tone is delivered with such an academic voice the more he says the more you are convinced Ndreare must never had personally had intercourse. Perhaps his children where adopted?
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Lucianna blinks, awestruck. "No, of course it makes sense. If there is a Dagger of Lust, surely there must be a sheath. But what.....OH!" The realization strikes her in a rush. "The females are the sheath! But, then Ndreare has said sometimes two of the same gender will partake. How can two daggers or two sheaths participate to the exclusion of the other part? This is fascinating!" She looks positively giddy as the information flows.
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Edit Signature
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

To help out Luciannia in her learning Ndreare offers to load up some more videos on EDIN. "If you are interested I can pull some more data off of EDIN or in the interest of respecting Ashlyn's beliefs let you watch them more discreetly. Mating practices seem to be very private in Ashlyn's culture.
"Although my copy of the holy text for her religion says the first command from her God was to procreate. Which I would assume makes it of utmost importance."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Lucianna begins bouncing in her seat a little. "Oh yes! I find this utterly enthralling! I do not wish to offend sensibilities, though. I shall view this material at a more opportune time. Thank you, Ndreare." She sits back into her seat, an excited smile plastered on her face.
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Edit Signature
Krysesia
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Krysesia »

Lucianna wrote:Lucianna blinks, awestruck. "No, of course it makes sense. If there is a Dagger of Lust, surely there must be a sheath. But what.....OH!" The realization strikes her in a rush. "The females are the sheath! But, then Ndreare has said sometimes two of the same gender will partake. How can two daggers or two sheaths participate to the exclusion of the other part? This is fascinating!" She looks positively giddy as the information flows.
Krys can't help but chuckle at the absurdity of it all. "The sheath metaphor for the so called Dagger of Lust, Love, or whatever, works for a number of orifices. Mouth, anus, or the female sexual organ. As for the mechanics of mono-gender relations, one must remember that the hands, mouth, breasts, for the species that have them, and sexual organs are all usually involved in the process as they are very sensitive. I forget that not every species spends a decade or two exploring all of this to get it out of their system. Still amusing. Actually, Serenia might be the best person to explain the differences in how humanoids procreate and have sexual relations and how that maps to energy beings like yourselves. She can actually change her apparent gender when she takes on a body in our world. She prefers the female gender for personal reasons, but it really is a fluid choice. In any case, she's told me she made a study of it for a few years. " Of course to Serenia the whole exercise was amusing. She lacks any of the cultural hesitation with regards to sexual relations, and thus she would not be embarrassed by Krys' revelation.
Quick Stats
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Lucianna stares down at her chest. She makes a visual examination of each of the women in the vehicle. Then she asks the age-old question, though not related to the age-old subject. "Does size matter for those purposes?"
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Edit Signature
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Vela laughs quietly and rolls onto her back to look up at the ceiling, raising a hand to idly bat at the back of a seat nearby.

"So complex and confusing for you. It is simpler for us. The mating time comes. If you do not want niños, you put yourself away until it is over. You can also seek the humans out. They cannot give niños." She shrugs.

With a fond smile of recollection, Vela goes on. "I have many special people in my tribe to me. Those I hunt with. My mother and brothers and sisters. Even my father I sometimes see. Some of the humans in the village perhaps, though mostly when I was younger."
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn bit his lip slightly as he listened, the others talking more and more. Some of it was confusing, some of it made perfect sense - but they all seemed to have very differing opinions on the subject(s) at hand so it was hard to sort out what was the truth and what was preference. Of course, on this sort of subject, he supposed, there wasn't a lot of 'hard truths' to be had. Most of it WAS subjective. Sex. Love. Religion. All things many of his kind tried to stay away from. Messy things.

But he couldn't help but listen and stay involved. "Sheath? Hmm. This is...an analogy, yes? Metaphor? Love-making is not fighting nor war, I think is what I have gathered. At least it is not so among dragons." Lucianna was very excited about it all, and Krys and Ndreare were both more matter-of-fact about it, but not in the same way.

Krys went on to other 'sheaths' and that made Grynn's eyes widen a bit. And then Serenia was brought in a bit, and that Grynn understood slightly. Beings from other dimensions were FAR easier to understand that this whole conversation had been. "I like Serenia. She's nice."
Grynn
Character Summary
Active effects:

Wounds:

Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

“We do believe procreation is the point,” Ashlyn said. “Thus we do not approve of like and like.” She was still a bit unsure she was explaining things right. Her lack of facility in American wasn’t helping. “But also is for uniting two into one. So need different to make whole.” She interlocked her fingers in example. “It provide safe environment and examples for niños.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards

Return to “Chronicles of the Vampire Kingdoms”