Part 5.2 Boy or Bomb

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Half an hour has elapsed
Time: Midnight
Weather: Warm
Leyline: 5 miles to the south
Spoon Fed video recap
How did we get here
- Rifted via Archons from Soldad back to The outskirts of El Paso into a CS camp being attacked by vampires.
- Bomb exploded in the camp knocking everyone out
- Tera Silver forge and Taylor Thomas rescue the heroes and surviving CS (doc Reid too)from certain death at the hands of vampires and head south toward some caverns.
- Vampires cannot keep up or are scared to follow, Kreeghor warship shows up shooting the Zone ranger
-Tera drives the Zone into the caverns where the heroes heal/repair, look for safe passage through the caverns, and fend off the Kreeghor. Taylor Thomas is snatched from the turret of the Zone and taken to the Kreeghor warship.
-Turns out there is a nearby hidden Kreeghor base with a doomsday device. Players have the choice to go after the boy or world ending bomb.

To save a boy trapped on a Kreeghor space ship, only Ashlyn
The sounds of Tyler Thomas’s crying out for help echo across the feild as you leave the saftey of the caves heading for the landed space ship. Something strikes you a little bit odd about the ship, it seems old and time worn. You even wonder if it would be space worthy. A ramp leading into the ship is conviently laid down with only a token force of Kreeghor green skinned warriors gaurding it. Something nags your neck hairs... Its just too easy.

Worst part is, once aboard the docking ramp snaps shut and some kind of feild permeates the vessel cutting you off from from radioing the others. Tyler’s screams echo all arround you, haunting and errie mixed with a little bit of terrifying. Someone must have damaged the enviormental controls as a thick layer of mist seems to permeate the deck plating up to your knees.

For better or ill the ships PA system seems to work as a voice mocks you at each turn, both guiding you and taunting you mercilessly. ” Hero, to the right down the corridor, then make another right. The boy calls for you, can’t you move quicker? His thread is almost at the end, will you reach him in time? Does it matter?”. In a large laboratory filled with hi-tech monitors and a veriety of futuristic lab equipment. You find Taylor Thomas, the legion mechanic, inside some kind of red chamber that is draining his blood. His eyes flutter looking up at you and he mouths something. A dark elf of similiar constitution to Ndeare steps out from behind him. He is dressed in fine futuristic clothes gleaming gold and purple. As your eyes adjust you also see a tall slender humanoid with long fingers, a pasty white skin, and yellow eyes who is tapping furiously on a computer nearby oblivious to you.

The dark elf taps the chamber, and snaps his fingers. His voice is familiar, he is the one that has been mocking you ” He said, its a trap. What are you the cavalry? Did my worthless cousin send you all here? Ahh. I see the boy means something to you. What would you think if he was only the last in the line of earthlings we have been analyzing... If our endgame fails we always have our plan b, in two years time our agents looking just like you will be everywhere! Its too bad you will not be alive to warn anyone.”

The CS crome commander Kurling looks arround incredously, ” Just the two of you? Don’t make me laugh. Ravens take e’m”. Before the soldiers even get a chance its like the shadows come aliave in the room striking out wrapping, cutting, and dismembering Raven squad with swift brutality.

The dark elf laughs, ” No borg, 6 Sillhouette body gaurds to be exact.. True enough the shadows take form, dark creatures made almost completely out of shadow.

Tera pulls out a p-beam rifle and a few grenades, ” Come and get some you bloddy shadow men! I got plenty for ya!” The Room erupts in a melee of gun fire, explosions, and bladed weapons.

Devek’s voice crackles over the radio, ” Ashlyn, I am in the duct work on this ship, too far to help if you get into trouble, but I’ll get you out if you go down. Get that kid at all costs.”
—-The heart of hearts, Little one I can sense a great darkness near, and I can feel the righteousness in both your mind and heart. It is overwhelming. If you are alone with little of hope of survival, cast me onto the ground, and I will take form once again... But afterwards we must part ways and I fear we will not meet again.
  • GM note:
    Given the odds you face and conviction you have in this moment you may break the heart of hearts forever dystroying it but adding a +4 to your scene roll as the great dragon takes semi coporal form aiding you.
—-Allies in Trouble, While Kurling, and Tera are able to hold their own the five CS special force troopers find themselves in a whole world of hurt and quite possibly hinder your own efforts. You can take an optional additional -2 to the quick combat penalty earning a benny as your efforts are compounded by having to save their lives as well.

Player directions:
Welcome to Quick Combat: Ashlyn vs Kreeghor Ship
Scene Modifier: -7( -2 for the level lf difficulty, -5 for lack of heroes)
  • Factor in any additional modifiers
Quick combat rules: Make your one roll to interact with the scene minus the above modifier ( If it is casting bolt, you roll spell casting... Damage is not needed. If shooting your weapon just roll shooting with the any applicable modifiers including the scene modifier above ). This roll needs to be some kind of combat related skill or action.

Generally only 1 success is really needed for a group success, but 5 or more successes will give a more favorable outcome to the next scene. 10 successes will equal an awesome outcome.

There is no initiative order, just make your post and use your roll to narrate how well you do. Try to leave something for everyone :D
  • a crit failure means you have received 1d3 wounds, and were not able to help the group succeed. Perhaps though, your defeat was epic.
  • failure you received 1 wound. You might have had some impact but you also were wounded in the process. 3d6 ammo or power points spent.
  • success, You did a good Job, maybe not a legendary victory, but you did what was required to save the day. 2d6 ammo or power points spent.
  • Success with raise(8), Wow! Did you write the book on how to be a legend? Bards will be singing songs for years to come about what you did this day. You certainly shined during this combat. 1d6 ammo or power points spent.
131F455D-52A1-4051-91AF-28F86FED8AA4.jpeg
3594BB99-8D8A-4CDA-B892-1A817008EC1B.jpeg
The Kreeghor not so secret base, everyone except for Ashlyn
As the group says goodbye and goodluck to those heading to the ship, Devek looks concerned about Ashlyn going to the Kreeghor ship and and he disappears as the group heads into the tunnel that leads to the secret base. Doc Reid and his three cyber arms seems intent on going, as does the repaired droid Rod. Karl marks the way finding his acidic piss facinating.

The tunnel is clearly bored out by machinery, silver viens line the walls of the tunnel. It opens up about to a ledge 100 ft off the ground over looking a humongeous cave and base. A stairwell and or lift both can bring you to the cave floor. The Kreeghor base is large and built directly into a huge rocky cavern that sparkles with glints of silver. It is pretty certain a vampire would die just being in this silver lined cave. Several Kreeghor are working side by side with human workers. One human boss looks errily familiar. He is waving a heirloom of Sabazio like it is a simple tool and or play thing: Neptune’s Blade. Its blade glimmers like water from a crystal clear sea and it cuts through rock from afar helping more humans clear space.

Doc Reid yells out, possibly spoiling any kind of surprise, ”Halloway, you dirty two bit vampire sucking animal! You are working with these doomsayers! If the goddamn Apok does not gut you I will pull your spine right through your eyes.”

Off to one side, huddled arround some kind of device several Kreeghor look up at the heroes, one of them yells something, and then yells something in american, ”Halloway! Deal with these interlopers. We will not allow our base to be exposed, and if it is exposed, no armor for you.”. The humans all get into some serious space looking power armor, halloway included.

King Hallowy yells, ” Jorgenson, Teddy, Washington, and Elliot take out the Apok and Elf. Samson, you and the minors grab silver and lasers and lay it into the she-cat and the ex-hero of El Paso... Make sure their lives are also ex.”. Halloway in his power armor, raises a hand, ”Mitchell, send Anger worm’s mother to eat the dragon... Everyone, leave that Atlantean to me... They say she is Sabazio’s heir, I’d like to see that for myself.”

Four Power Armors flank Halloway and they use their jump jets to bound up the rocky side towards the heroes unleashing mini missile volley after volley. As they close into Melee range they each draw chainswords with silvered bits going for Ndreare and Penitent’s faces. A Samson power armor with a jet pack lifts off heading for Vela opening fire with a railgun chewing out silvered rounds. A group of 10 workers grab laser rifles or missile launchers and light up the area near Luccinia. A terrible rumble comes from above as the earth gives way in the ceiling of the large cavern and a giant worm strikes out at Grynn.

Holloway himself, seems to be propelled by water itself, the blade of Neptune fastened securly on a belt synched to his armor. As he closes on Krys he yells, “ My great granddaddy says hello to your father. You will not ruin my deal. Your father tried to ruin my families claim on the mines with his incessant desire to stop the vampires. Don’t you see without them there is nothing, nothing for me. All this, its mine, mine, mine and just like my ancestor I have to protect it. My daddy used to tell me the great Sabazio already lost one daughter to a Halloway, now he looses another!!”. He strikes out at Krys with both railgrun fire and mini missiles. Then closes on her swiping out with the blade of neptune itself! Water as sharp as a monofiliment blade is held on its tip as it comes striking in.

As the battle is joined, Rod sends a radio signal to the heroes, ”Masters helpers, it would appear these humans are an ill conceived ploy to draw our attention away from the device. I believe I can disable the device, but I will need unfettered access... If I hurry I can save all your lives. Indeed the Kreeghors that had been huddled arround the device, about the size of a basketball, are no longer there effectivly leaving it unprotected. In fact there are no Kreeghor’s anywhere, it would seem thry have all left probably because they are getting out of dodge before this world goes sky high.
Allies that hinder, While Rod is a net possitive, Doc and Karl seem less than helpful in this kind of situation and in fact often seem to be in the way or in some kind of danger. You can take an optional -2 penalty and earn a benny to save their lives.

Player Directions: Quick combat
Welcome to Quick Combat: The Vampire Hunters vs Halloway.
Scene Modifier: -3( -2 for the level lf difficulty, -1 for lack of heroes).
  • Factor in additional modifiers.
Quick combat rules: Make your one roll to interact with the scene minus the above modifier ( If it is casting bolt, you roll spell casting... Damage is not needed. If shooting your weapon just roll shooting with the any applicable modifiers including the scene modifier above ). This roll needs to be some kind of combat related skill or action. Remember you also need to have the resources to spend.

Generally only 1 success is really needed for a group success, but 5 or more successes will give a more favorable outcome to the next scene. 10 successes will provide an awesome outcome.

There is no initiative order, just make your post and use your roll to narrate how well you do. Try to leave something for everyone :D
  • a crit failure means you have received 1d3 wounds, and were not able to help the group succeed. Perhaps though, your defeat was epic.
  • failure you received 1 wound. You might have had some impact but you also were wounded in the process. 3d6 ammo or power points spent.
  • success, You did a good Job, maybe not a legendary victory, but you did what was required to save the day. 2d6 ammo or power points spent.
  • Success with raise(8), Wow! Did you write the book on how to be a legend? Bards will be singing songs for years to come about what you did this day. You certainly shined during this combat. 1d6 ammo or power points spent.
Anger Worm momma
Anger Worm momma
Halloway Power armor
Halloway Power armor

Thinking about using EP to boost your roll? Blah blah blah. Insert Pender is wrong... Blah Blah Blah, insert Pender is out of his mind.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Part 5.2 Boy or Bomb

Post by Grynn »

Grynn was distracted. He was worried about Ashlynn. He started to feel bad prioritizing saving the world over helping her save that boy. He still thought it was the right decision, but leaving her to face things on her own was eating at him. He kept looking back over his shoulder, or having to restrain himself from doing so. It was the right call. They were making the right call, as a group. He was sure of it.

The Anger Worm Mother was large. Larger than him! And angry like her namesake. She proceeded to take the already wounded dragon hatchling to town, and not in a good way. He was bashed about. Battered. Clawed. Bitten. Raked. Slammed. Partially eaten. It was an all around bad day to be him. Mainly, he kept her from attacking any of his other allies, kept her focused on him. That was his accomplishment.
Fail
Scene Modifier -3.
Wounds -1.

Fighting die [dice]0[/dice], Wild die [dice]1[/dice].

Benny Re-roll: Fighting die [dice]2[/dice], Wild die [dice]3[/dice].

Benny Re-roll: Fighting die [dice]4[/dice], Wild die [dice]5[/dice].

Benny Re-roll: Fighting die [dice]6[/dice], Wild die [dice]7[/dice].
Grynn
Character Summary
Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Special: Cursed with Awesome (You can reroll a 1 on the wild die - unless it is a crit fail. Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll); Fear (in dragon form); Flight 12 (in dragon form); Impervious to Fire; Infravision; Size +6 (in dragon form); Slow Regeneration; Spirit rolls (+2)
Active effects:
Parry: 5 ; Toughness (Dragon form): 34(16); Toughness (Human form): 17(8)
Weapons: Claws/Bite, Fire Breath, Powers, Tail Lash
Edges: AB Magic, AB Psionic, Attractive, Metamorphosis, Power Surge

Charisma: 0 (+2 with Dragons)
Bennies: 3 from Blaze of Glory

ISP: 15/15
PPE: 20/30
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Invisibility, Light/Obscure, Slumber, Smite

Wounds:
Fatigue::

Currently playing in: Vampire Kingdoms
Lucianna
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Lucianna »

Lucianna spellcasting
Spellcasting, -3 for total scene mod
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Spellcasting
[dice]1[/dice]

Crit fail
[dice]2[/dice] wounds received
Lucianna, mostly drained of power, strives valiantly to be a factor in the fight. Unfortunately, the only factor she becomes is one that draws fire and spends the enemy's ammunition. The first laser bolt that impacts near her head forces her to dive the other way...into the blast of a missile. Shrapnel rips into her body, opening a nasty wound. She attempts to muster enough energy for an arcane shield, but takes a laser blast to the midsection in the middle of her spell. She cries out in pain, and can do little more than dive for cover and hope the remaining attackers don't walk up to finish her off.
Lucianna
Lucianna character sheet
Bennies: 2 (+1 quarter bonus, +1 joker, +1 Pender's oops, -4 for rerolling resist slumber. Really. -1 Reroll Spellcasting, -1 reroll spellcasting Kreeghor dramatic task, +1 massive success on task 2, +1 Big Damn Hero, +1 RP and completing the task/saving the world, -1 EE Agility, -1 EE dispel, -1 reroll damage, +2 Jokers)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Active Effects: Greater Boost Trait - Spellcasting (+2 die types, d12+5); Greater Deflection (-6 to hit, additional -1 to hit ranged)
Parry: 5
Toughness: 13 (7) (Combat Mage Armor, Full Environmental Protection)
PPE: 43 / 30
Pace: 6
Edges: Improved Rapid Recharge, Expanded Awareness, Elan, Marksman (spellcasting), Slow Regeneration, Expert (spellcasting); all damage dealing spells are MD, all mega-versions are +5 AP
Adventure Cards: Cutting In Line - Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest.
Weapon in hand: Scepter of Spellweaving
Weapon in holster: Shard Pistol, TW Flaming Sword
Edit Signature
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ndreare defends Rodney while he disables the device.
Spellcasting 6 success
spellcasting d12+3, scene modifier -3 total d12
Spellcasting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Rodney works his hardest to disable the device.
Knowledge (electronics) 5 success
Knowledge (Electronics) d8 + 2 + 4 from core package, -3 from scene = d8+3
Knowledge (Electronics) [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Seeing the others unresponsive to his warnings about the royal Ndreare prepares himself. Devitalizing the endurance of the monster stuck in the wall a couple times he finished off by enchanting his weapon to burn with the heat of the sun (sun trapping) then emptied a magazine on the wall and creature melting it into a solid slag. “If he lives it will be quite some time before he comes from there.” Refilling the weapon with his will Ndreare stows the weapon and draws his blades.

Then looking at the others he says. “I am ready to go.” Heading out he shifts his stuff around thinking this will be a job for both blades. The knowledge of the weapons powers flooded into him as he prepared.

“Rodney, you have to take care of the bomb, I will guard your back while you work.” Then calling on a life he trained as an assassin with his brother and was a far better warrior. He went in like a whirling dervish. The dance of blades was one of near misses and close calls. Ndreare found he had so many enemies in the base that every swing he took was met by an enemy, and he had to reply on Penatint to save him multiple times.

Eventually as they found the devices stored in the room Rondey went to work, while Ndreare took up guard defending him from the others. “Master if you could please make a little less noise. I am trying to work.”

Not even annoyed this time Ndreare ignored the drone only to have it drone on again as if insecure at being ignored. “If you are overwhelmed, maybe it would be better to ask your friends for help. Looks like that scary guy in the mask at least knows how to fight.”

Finally having heard enough Ndreare speaks up. “It would help if you spent more time working, and less commenting. I am doing what I can here.”

[dice]4[/dice] PPE spent
Current Status
Current Status
Parry: 6 (8 with honor Blade)
Toughness: 16 (8)
PPE: 8 of 20 base
Night's Kiss PPE: 10/10 | T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 6/10
Wounds: 0/3 (took a wound and was healed of 1, used EP to soak)
Fatigue: 0/2
Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2 | Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
Both Weapons Drawn, ready and charged
Quickness + Raise Effect (Second Turn)
Ex Deflection -6 to hit him or -7 with ranged (second turn)
Fighting Boosted to d12+6 (first turn)
Exalted Smite on Blades w/Raise +8 Damage (first turn)
+2 to All trait rolls this turn from Inspiration Adventure Card

Bennies: 2
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 1st Q 2018 Posting rate
    +1 Benny for Joker in Turn 2
    +1 Benny for mistake with Card
    -5 Benny for that stupid Slumber spell in first post of Q
    -1 Benny to Soak Ninja Fricken Vampire
    +1 Benny For Interlude
    -1 Benny for Ndreare to EE above
    +1 Benny for 7 Successes HERE

Rodney Status
Wounds: 2/3

Adventure Cards (ALREADY USED 2nd Q of 2018)
Novice: 1d54 (37) [Make removable] = Villanious Verbosity "Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan." - Used last week of Q1 2018 vetoed by GM and repaid with Bennies
Seasoned: 1d54 (50) [Make removable] = Theme Song "It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words."
Veteran: 1d54 (24) [Make removable] = Inspiration "Friendly characters (including your hero) add +2 to all trait rolls for the rest of this round." - USED
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status
Parry: 9
Toughness: 22 (8)
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2
PPE: 27 of 35 base 20 without gear

Gear Charges:
  • Amulet of the Archmage: 0/5
  • Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 10/10
  • Night's Kiss PPE: 0/10
  • T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
  • Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2
  • Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
  • Armor Features Activated

Bennies: 4 +1 Red Benny (Roll d10 extra effort, or reroll with a d10 wild die)
  • +5 Quarterly Reset + Great Luck.
    +1 Benny for some outstanding RP!
    +1 From GM for Art of Maker.
    -1 For Vigor Roll to Soak critical failure wound.
    +1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.
    -2 Interfere with Rifts rerolled twice.

Adventure Cards
Special GM removed, need interlude to obtain
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Once upon a time, Vela would have stood her ground against the hammer blows of the railgun, confident that human weapons of that nature couldn't harm her. She had been younger once, and more ignorant. Now she fell forward onto all fours and raced ahead...zigging and zagging to avoid the bright silver-white shards of metal raining down around her. The spirits of her people clustered tightly around her, more than once shoving rounds away when she was a little too slow, or the flying metal suit too fast.

The railgun finally went dry, and the pilot of the Samson, secure in the knowledge that he was too far up for a savage creature like that to get to, started reloading. He was young, perhaps.

And ignorant.

The instant the constant stream of fire stopped, Vela wheeled about...striking sparks as her claws dug into the plates of the flooring to bring her to a fast stop. She sprinted back towards the hovering powersuit and leapt. The pilot, taken off guard, realized what was happening...saw just how much air she could get...and started to fly higher.

Her claws latched into the armored boots of the Samson and dug into them. From there, it wasn't much different than climbing a tree. A tree that shouted in alarm and swerved crazily around and tried to knock you off with the butt of its railgun, of course. One had to make allowances.

The pilot after clubbing ineffectually a couple of times with the rifle, dropped it and drew a wicked belt knife the size of a sword on an unarmored human. The blade sang with that ultrasonic hum of a vibroweapon. With one oversized gauntlet he seized Vela's head. With the other, he drove the weapon up through the bottom of her jaw, into her skull and brain. A killing blow.

Not silver, he realized. NOT SILVER.

Vela yanked the knife back out of her head, wrenching the Samson's arm back with it. Instead of trying to dig through the suit's thick helmet or chest, she scrambled around back to where the rocket pack was. There were lots of things there that looked important. She started tearing them out.

Immediately the power armor lost control of its flight. Vela found herself in the unexpected position of having more control than he did, because she could actually force the control surfaces open and shut!

It was then that there were-jaguar spotted Doc Reid and his companion. And behind them a fireteam approaching, using sustained fire to pin them down. A few were reaching for grenades too.

Vela hunkered down low on the Samson's back, and with the talons on her toes, she yanked flaps open, and kicked the rockets vectoring nozzle to the side a little. The powersuit veered crazily and roared across the base towards Reid! At the last moment, she pulled hard on the suit's shoulders, forcing it to pull up a little.

The ill-fated armored suit rocketed right over Reid's head and plowed directly into the ground in the midst of the fireteam, just as Vela bunched her legs and ripped the rocket pack completely apart...exposing the tiny fusion core that powered it.

Plasma detonated, engulfing the Kreeghor soldiers, the power armor, and Vela alike in annihilating heat that buckled the floor and left the walls tented outward and glowing cherry red. All that was left in the wake of that devastating destruction was charred heaps of what might have been armor and human flesh.

And, of course, Vela. She shook off layers of ash as her skin and muscles visibly regenerated; in seconds she was as whole as she'd been before the blast.

She gave Reid a curt nod, then loped back towards where the fighting was thickest.
Rolls: 10, 2 success, 4 ISP spent, 1 benny spent
Fighting at -5 (-3 scene, -2 save some lives) [dice]0[/dice] or [dice]1[/dice]
Ace on wild dice [dice]2[/dice]
Benny for EE [dice]4[/dice]
ISP spent [dice]3[/dice]
Last edited by Vela on Thu May 17, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Fighting 11, 3 PPE and 1 Benny used
Fighting 1d12+2, -3 Scene modifier, -2 to keep the allies alive
Fighting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice]2[/dice]
PPE used [dice]3[/dice]
"Halloway - a stinking latrine demon wearing the bloated, diseased flesh of a man," Penitent says after catching sight of El Paso's ruler.

Hearing Doc Reid's comment about gutting the smirking sack of lard, Penitent intends to do just that, until the battle shifts and circumstances dictate otherwise. Almost immediately, the dragon is bowled over by the massive anger worm, and Lucianna appears to try to stop several missiles with her body. Karl winces in pain, as if feeling the archon's pain.

"Oh, Daddy, the pretty lady won't be pretty anymore if her face is blown off. We should help," he says, flying off before Penitent can stop him. The apok only sighs, activating the enchantments on his armor and Durendil before charging after the imp.

The righteous fury of the demon mask flows through his veins and soon the apok's body seems to ignite with the flames of hellfire. Each blow strikes true, enchanted steel and whirring chainsaw blades chewing through the alien power armor like soft wood. One of Halloway's men dies, then another, as Penitent clears the area around Lucianna of enemies, leaving only blood and piles of wrecked flesh and machinery in his wake.

He means to go after Halloway next, but Grynn crashes to the ground in front of him, blocking the way. The Anger Worm rears up behind, and Penitent answers its roar with one of his own. He dives forward, his blades leading the way as he carves a hole in its center mass, muscling his way into its gut. The Anger Worm flails and screams, but Penitent just keeps slashing, hacking the the monstrous creature apart from the inside before emerging, covered in blood and offal, to stand over its thrashing corpse.

The dark elf appears to be holding his own, and Vela moves through Halloway's minions like the specter of death. As Krys moves to engage Halloway, Penitent calls down a curse of retribution, each word stabbing like a sword in Halloway's very soul. The fat man shakes in terror, leaving him open to the Atlantean's attack.
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Bennies: 0/3 +1 Red Benny (1d10 for EE or 1d10 Wild Die on a reroll)
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Notice d8, Intimidation d8+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
PPE: 4/20 + 10/10 (demon mask) + 10/10 (Karl - ?)
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Notice 10
Alertness, Danger Sense
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Ashlyn was grateful to the Coalition soldiers for their bravery, and Tera for her loyalty. But she was no fool. She knew there was a good chance she would not get out of this alien ship alive. She crossed herself, saying her prayers and making her peace as she strapped the Holy Shield to her arm and drew her light blade. But she could not allow Taylor Thomas to think that he had been abandoned, left to die alone, in the moral agony that was apparent in the screams coming through the PA system.

No, there was no good of the many if one abandoned the many if one abandoned the good of the few, or the one. That way led the crass utilitarian logic of death camps and gulags. It was not a choice that could be made for you by others. Every life had value in the eyes of God. Even if doing the right thing was futile and would lead to her death, she would do the right thing.

“Did my worthless cousin send you all here? Ah. I see the boy means something to you. What would you think if he was only the last in the line of earthlings we have been analyzing? If our endgame fails. we always have our Plan B. In two years’ time our agents looking just like you will be everywhere! It's too bad you will not be alive to warn anyone.”

Ashlyn faced the dark elf with a scowl. “No. Your cousin did not feel this boy’s life -- or yours -- to be worth the effort,” she said darkly. “I, however, thought differently, though I care not for you, or who you are. Let the boy go, and I will not interfere in whatever plans you are hatching. At least not unless we cross paths again.

But Commander Kurling got too cocky. “Wait!” Ashlyn yelled, but the shadow forms were already attacking them, cutting them down.

Tera pulled her weapons, and the battle was joined.

In the midst of the chaos, Ashlyn stood calm and resolute. There was no fear. She had no fear of death since she watched Soldad murder her parents. She was intimate with the experience, drenched in the blood of her parents.

”Ashlyn, I am in the duct work on this ship, too far to help if you get into trouble, but I’ll get you out if you go down. Get that kid at all costs,” Devek’s voice came over Ashlyn’s comm.

“I thank you, mi amigo, Ashlyn murmured.

“Little one, I can sense a great darkness near, and I can feel the righteousness in both your mind and heart. It is overwhelming. If you are alone with little of hope of survival, cast me onto the ground, and I will take form once again. But afterwards we must part ways, and I fear we will not meet again.” the draconic voice spoke in Ashlyn’s head.

“Gracias, Great One,” Ashlyn thought back. “I need your aid. I am sorry for this, that my need means your time here is done. I will miss you, and pray your soul to go wherever Good Lord sends good dragons.”

Ashlyn pulled the baseball-sized gem heart from inside the duster she wore. She threw it hard to the ground, watching as the translucent form of the great red dragon rose from the shattered remains.

“AND NOW RIGHTEOUS VENGEANCE IS UPON YOU, ELF!” Ashlyn shouted. Viva Christo Rey!

Ashlyn leapt into the air, igniting her light blade, magic flying from her, slamming into Taylor Thomas’ prison, ripping machines from their mountings, casting them at elf and shadow as she swept like fury into the fray, light glinting from the legendary shield of Jean d’Arc, healing her allies and smiting her enemies.
Mysticism 17 4 Successes!
-2 difficulty, -5 lack of heroes, -2 saving the others (benny earned), +4 destroying the Heart
Mysticism [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Benny to reroll
Mysticism [dice]5[/dice]
Ace [dice]7[/dice]
Wild [dice]6[/dice]
Power Points 5
[dice]8[/dice]
Psyche Degredation roll 6 Phobia (Major): Silhouettes
[dice]9[/dice]
Conditions
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
Dodge: -1 to by hit by ranged attacks
Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
PPE: 7/20
ISP: 5/10
Shield: 6/10 PPE
Bennies: 5/3
Adventure Cards
  • Florence Nightingale: Play this card to gain +2 on heal checks on the current patient. Spend a Benny: Gain +4 on heal checks on the current patient.
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Character Tracker
Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)
Remember Blanca (WC; d8 all attributes, Strength d12+4)
Ashlyn Alvarez Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
Encumbered: -2 to Str and Agi related rolls
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
Brave: +2 Fear tests
PPE: 15/25
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
ISP: 18/25
  • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
Shield: 7/10 PPE
  • Deflection
Wand: 7/10 PPE
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 0/4
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Krysesia
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Krysesia »

Notice 4, Spellcasting 5 - 1 Success; Benny Earned for people saved; Benny Used; 6 personal PPE and 2 Staff PPE used
Notice [dice]0[/dice], [dice]1[/dice]
Spellcasting [dice]2[/dice], [dice]3[/dice]
Benny Reroll [dice]4[/dice], [dice]5[/dice]
Total Modifier: -4 = -3 (Scene Penalty) -2 penalty and earn a benny to save lives + 1 (Staff)
Result: 5

PPE used: [dice]6[/dice]=-8 (only had 6; regained 5 from EP and 1 from Rapid Recharge; also -2 from the staff)
"Your great-grandfather was a thief and traitor to not only his companions, but also all of life. For nothing but greed. You are an idiot defending that which will destroy you. But no matter," she pulls her right hand over her left wrist and a blade appears as if she were pulling it from an invisible sheath in her left wrist. The sword gleams of silver and images of a pair of Chiang-Ku roil in its hilt. "I will correct my father's mistake, and you shall join your forebears as worm food." With lightning and blade she attacks, striking at the fool har and fast. Her coat whips around with her movements. Her blade, meant to battle the toughest of undead foes, bites deep into him with the help of Penitent's magic. She gives him a salute with her blade as she fights with the power armored foe. As she drives him back and knocks him down, she drives her blade deep into his gut and rips the Neptune Blade from his hands. She leaves her on blade deep in his gut as she turns to walk away. With an incredible show of toughness, he rises, pulls the blade from his own gut and then charges after the Atlantean. She dismisses the blade the moment he gets within three steps and turns, attacking the confused and now disarmed psychopath with his former blade. "Never try to use an Atlantean's blade against her, fool! Worm or Wyrm, you'll be food for something!" She then kicks him towards the rampaging Anger Worm and Dragon.
Krysesia of Clan Skellian, True Atlantean Shifter
Quick Stats
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 21(10) in armor; Strain: 0
Weapon in hand: Manoan Firebolt Pistol (Ammo: 20/20) or Neptune’s Draining Blade
Bennies, Wounds, and Power Points: Tracked Here

Return to “Chronicles of the Vampire Kingdoms”