Heroes of the Vampire Kingdoms
GM: Pender Lumkiss
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

6.2 Jouney to Zacatecus (Sundog Lair)- Tac and Tech

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

1st Take the following! Jackpot!
  • The heroes also each gain 1d4 Sun dogs to their ranger ranks and a new wonderous item. Sundogs can be sacrificed as if a benny.
  • Wondrous item: Biowizard 3rd eye of Eloth: Biowizard Conversion. A single personal item is adfixed with this eye making it a biowizard item. It can be summoned and readied or donned with a free action and dismissed as a normal action to any where within 40 miles. The item no longer requires any form of power and can only be used by the inidivdual the who initially owns it. If it is a weapon add +2 damage.

Player Ally Tracker and wounds/fatigue
Ashlyn: 15 Rangers and Leader (Can add a 1d6 to any ally trait roll as if using Extra Effort, and this stacks with extra effort)
Grynn(Exhausted -2 to all trait rolls): 11 Rangers
Kir (Fatigued, 2 wounds, -3 to all trait rolls): 6 rangers and leader (Can add a 1d6 to any trait roll as if using Extra Effort, and this stacks with extra effort)
Ndreare: 19 Rangers and Leader (Can add a 1d6 to any ally trait roll as if using Extra Effort, and this stacks with extra effort)
Penitent: 16 Rangers
Krys: 17 Rangers
Raynard: 15 Rangers
The Nature of Pain, Karl, Rod, Tyler Thomas
Karl, the imp, laughs with a small amount of glee as he pees over the mutilated soon to be corpse of the blood witch. His pee is burning her bloody face,”Hahaha, how do like that? He laughs some more winking at the other lady who disappears into the distance while she smiles darkly behind her mask. Rod and Tyler Thomas cross over the river to the small island Karl and the dismembered woman are at.

Rod remarks with a bitter mechanical tone, ”Karl... What happened here who is that woman?” Tyler seems aghast at the brutality done.

Karl laughs finishing his buisness and takes a quick selfie with his celestial cell marking the defeat of the Blood Witch. ”Her? She is the gardner, or I guess she was.” Karl absently scrolls through the phones messeges frowing slightly.

Tyler gulps, ”The Gardner... Her body...” He pulls out some doodads and crystals trying to cobble together a healing device.

Rod puts a small metallic claw on his shoulder both startling and stopping him, ”No... I beleive she is the one from the briefing, the Blood Witch... My master would let her die, and so should we.”

Karl chuckles giving the floating droid a side eye with one eye while the other is glued to his phone’s screen, ”Master heh? What did that dark elf ever do to you to make himself your master?”

The droid buzzes and whirls preparing a lengthy response... Karl holds up a hand muttering a curse and puts the phone up to his ear, ”Sorry droid I am sure your response was important but I got to take this...

Taylor looks down at the last gasps of the Blood Witch, gurgling and gasping. ”Rod, should we say something... Tera always says something.”

The droid beeps floating next to him, ”Generally I think it is an acceptable practise, but in her case I think just letting her expire without remembrance would be fine...”

Karl hangs up and hurridly looks around realizing the rangers have moved on, ”Crap on a stick! Where did everyone go... I just got off the phone with Empress Death Spike who just finished diner with Lady Galadriel who by way of an old white sage out of Valinor had lunch in the third galaxy where he met a proto god who has it on good authority that the old one that Asnir’s boy Kir banished is coming back...” Karl sucks in a rapid breath his eyes wide with fear of what is to come. ”We got to warn them.”

Rod whirrls and beeps the droids radar attena extending, ” I beleive they are near the leyline yonder... Processing, possibly near the area Krysenia reported Sun Dogs.”

Karls phone buzzes with a messege. Tyler looks pretty worried as the three head for where the heroes and the rangers took off too. The young techno wizard’s voice is filled with dread,”What was that Karl?”

Karl’s beedy eyes meet the techno wizard’s with fear, ”An SOS from Deathspike... XY is here.”

A foul voice whispers behind Karl. The creature’s mouth has fangs that drip with silivia. Soldad has returned! ” Yes imp, an old one has arrived and we must gather all allies now if your friends are to have half a chance.” The master vampire twirls his cape and draws his silvered blade which does not harm his hand.

The four look to the heavens which seems crackles with dark red energy.
Gathering of Allies, Tera Silverforge, Commander Kurling, Melody
Tera Silverforge looks to the nearby leyline everyone is heading too. She glances back to the long swath of river they just traverse. ”Dammit, wereas Tyler? Does anyone see Rod... The crackin droid still carries the device capable of killin’ the vampires... Why did we ledda the droid have eit? We cannot loose them out here.” Commander Kurling nods standing next to her, his eyes whirrling and looking...

His voice drones in a monotone surprise,”There they are just crossing the last of the Bloodbriar in reckless abandon... I am afraid they will not make it. The vampire horde is closing in on them.”

Tera slaps her TW pistol and grabs the last of the rangers making for the lair of the Sun Dogs... ”You... Come with us we godda save those still out there...”. The young ranger grabbed was non other than Melody who had traveled into the dark night with Kir. Having killed her brother her heart was steeled against fear. She nods siliently turning to help the drarve. Commander Kurling lifts his rail gun and drones solemnly, ”Lets go do what must be done...”

Sadly it would not prove enough this night, additional allies were needed to get them out of this fang infested situation.

Karl looks weaily at his celestial phone and up to the sky, ” We got to hurry, we got to warn the others... XY is coming!” Rod changes into assult mode and leys down railgun fire against the vampire’s chasing after them. Tyler Thomas quiety thanks Penitant for the suggestion to wear steel plates under his shoes keeping them safe against the last patches of the Bloodbriar. A master vampire Soldad led them towards the leyline brandishing his silver blade at any vampire who would dare to draw near.

Rod beeps, ”If you direct your attention to the south west, I beleive help is coming... Tera Silverforge, Command Kurling, and... Some young ranger... Melody perhaps.”

Tyler gargles in surprise as a vampire leaps on top of him, ”Argghhh.... They are every where!!!” Silver rail gun rounds burst into the vampire atop him and Commander Kurling comes rushing over his railgun hot and spinning. He extends a hand to the young techno wizard. Kurling almost sticks Soldad with a rail round but Karl’s imp hand forced the gun low and off target.

Karl smiles toothy, ” Soldad the turn coat is with us!” Soldad glares at the imp with tempered menace but bites his tongue.

The wizened master vampire however does crone, ”I came in search of all your betters. I had an awakening and must speak to them before...” The CS commander cuts him off with a hail of rail gun fire just over his shoulder.

The CS commander assess the situation grimly shaking his head roboticly at the turn of events, ”Very well... Back to back, close ranks. We may not be heroes like those we travel with but we can give these vampires enough hell to keep them off our allies backs.”

Karl fiercely retorts extending his claws and own demonic fangs, ”Grrr.... Popa! I got to get to my father! I have to warn him that an Old One is coming!!” He looks at his celestial phone with wide eyed horror as it is knocked from his hand into the darkness just as another messege dysplays on it. ”Noooooo!!!! Common you vampire wanna bee, come get some from the Son of Penitent!”

The allies of the Resolute heroes see the horde descend on them with little hope of survival for they are alone as the Resolute Heroes attend to far greater things... But then unexpectedly charging in from the horde’s backside are three more allies seeking to save the day. One wears a mask of the demon, and the other is inked with legendary atlantean tattoos, and the last is in the form of a mighty gnarled jaguar biting fiercingly into the vampire hordes flesh.
The heroes make it to the leyline but circumstances have forced them to approach it from the Lair of the Sun Dogs. A large vampire horde has been steering them this way. The sounds of railgun fire from what can only be a helpless bunch of lost rangers come from the middle of the horde. Sadly there is nothing to be done for these fool hardy rangers. There are too many vamps and the group’s course has been set. To turn from the Sun Dog lair and the leyline would mean the end. Their lair is a mucky bog in a small valley which the leyline runs right through. The muck seems to be quicksand like and gysers of scalding steam burst from hidden holes in the ground. Again the heroes find themselves thwarted at every turn. This time they find themselves at the mercy of a leyline storm but find comfort in new allies of a sundog persuasion. As the near the end of the road XY the old one lies in wait seeking to finish this tale of adventure before it truely starts. What will become of the resolute heroes and how will they face these two threats? Will they face them alone or will they team up with their allies unlooked for?
Allies Unlooked for +2 bonus or +4
As the resolute heroes and their ranger allies engage the leyline storm and Xy the old one, from a crest that over looks the valley a bright light comes from it! A litteral becon of hope. The rangers thought to had perished in the throws of the encroaching vampire horde turn out to be mighty allies that survived against all odds..

From atop the crest stands allies unlooked whom cry out led by a woman of Apok might with a blade of silver held high: The confessor! Behind her the face of worn evil with a glimmer of goodness in the right eye: the master vampire Soldad! Next to the confessor a true Atlantean bare chested with grim countance. He has a fur lined pack on his back with two babies quietly sleeping: Ink! He raises an archaic sword and charges in, ”Krys! I am going to crack heads and open up someones beating heart! Pisti and Epilida ride with me against the dark. They bring the light!!” The rest of the allies, Tera Silver Forge, Commander Kurling, Karl, Tyler Thomas, Melody, and Rod come down the crest firing TW bolts, rail gun, celestial arrows and demon fire. A mighty jaguar too roars across the small valley charging in to help.

Even Doc Reid glances towards the crest moved to the point he forgets how important he is to the erradication on vampires. He picks up a railgun ready to aid any hero. ”Argghh, I’ll help out too. Lets get everyone up to the Witchwell Inn and to saftey! lets get it done!!”

As if one voice all the valued allies cry out, ”For the resolute heroes!” Although a keen ear would hear Karl cry out ”For poppa!”

Should a hero call an ally to them indeed it will be a remarkable feat to behold. But be warned it could go ill for such an ally.

Directions: Make a Choice, Aid or Sacrifice!
  • Aid: Choose an ally described above to include in your naration and add a +2 bonus to your roll. Players are encouraged to choose from the wide aray of allies presented.
  • Sacrifice: Choose an ally decribed above to include in your narration. Tell the tale of how this ally paid the ultimate sacrifice (died) to help you in your task. This option can only be chosen once for an ally. It is probably good to talk to the group before killing an ally to make sure no one has an issue. Receive a +4 bonus to your trait roll! As an example it is probably best if only Ndreare can do this for Rod(Since Rod is an actual edge I will give you a +8), Pen can only do this for Karl.

Feel Free to react to any of the below, but you can only participate( make a skill roll) in one challenge!

-Leyline Distruption has 6/5 successes done and is complete. Any additional successes will result in extra bennies for the next quad.
-XY Night has 19/19
Leyline Distruption:
Leyline Distruption, option 1
The Leyline which Krys open the gate at suddenly erupts into a fierce raging leyline storm. Unable to hold the position for more than a few mintures it is all hands on deck to bring enough technical and arcane know how to get 100 plus souls gated saftely up the leyline to the top of vampire mountain. The good thing is the Sun Dogs recognizing how awesome the Resolute heroes are come to their aid using their mastery over their lair to help calm the storm. Several of them even seem to want to stay and fight by the heroes side. A dark skinned old man comes out of their lair flanked by a couple of Sun Dog, ”My name is Shepard, my friends here tell me you worthy of these baubles... Ah we had some trouble a few years back from some slavers seeking to add my friends to their collection. If you are here for what I think you are here for, you will need them.”He pulls out several biowizard eyes and offers them not just to the heroes calming the storm and manning the leyline gate but to all the famous heroes.
OOC Comments
  • Technical Challenge. The skills required to solve a Technical Challenge are: Academics, Computers, Electronics, Healing, Investigation, Logistics, Psionics, Repair, Science, and Spellcasting.
  • 5 Successes at -0
  • Challenge Difficulty [dice]0[/dice]
    • Jackpot!:
Directions:
  • 1) Determine if you will be using an aly and at what bonus.
  • 2)Determine Resources Spent
    • Resources Spent: As a default your character spends 4 Power Points and 3 troops. Before rolling declare if you would like to have your character risk more or expend more resources for a better chance of success. Note: you must have the resources to spend them. If wound or fatigue levels are chosen in lui of resources they stick with you until the GM says otherwise (Generally at a rest stop with a save point). Players with fast regeneration can assume these wounds taken are the kind that bypass their natural healing. This is a war of attrition.
      • -2: Conserve your energy - Believing it may be an easy battle you accept an additional -2 to your roll in exchange for spending 1/2 resources (rounded down).
      • +0: In The Fight - Wanting to stay on top of things you fight like a professional. You roll without an additional modifier for the default resource cost.
      • +2: Serious Business - You do not play around and do what you have to in order to ensure victory, even when it requires risking yourself. You may double the resources spent, or accept 1 Fatigue or 1 Wound to gain a bonus of +2 to this roll.
      • +4: No Matter The Cost - When Battle comes you go all in, winning no matter the personal cost. You may triple the resources spent, or accept 2 Fatigue or 2 Wounds to gain a bonus of +4 to this roll.
  • 3) Select a Technical skill out of Academics, Computers, Electronics, Healing, Investigation, Logistics, Psionics, Repair, Science, and Spellcasting. These skills can be modified by the rangers themselves.
  • 4) Roll said skill with above modifiers. Please include the scene modifier of 0. Total number of success needed are 5. All players rolls contribute directly to the required successes. Every success above 5 up to 9 will grant an extra benny next quad.
  • 5) Narate the Result using the below guidlines:
    • Critical Failure (-1): The hero is stopped by overwhelming numbers, an unfortunate tactical development, or bad fortune. He suffers 2 wounds which cannot be soaked and looses 8 additional troops. This also adds 1 more success to the challenge. Critfailures also roll on this special table: Karl and the Rangers
      • Failure is Fortuitous: A Player who critfailures either by choice or roll can gain a roll on the Fortune and Glory table as they find out very quickly XY (The old one) is a friend to those who work towards your ultimate destruction. Critfailure’s chosen in this manner cannot be undone by any means.
    • Failure (+0): The hero generally succeeds but not without a grave cost or an unfortunate tactical development. He suffers 1 Wound (The Hero may spend a Bennie as usual to make a Soak roll if desired.) and looses 3 extra troops.
    • Success (4) (+1): The hero fights well and adds +1 to success to his team’s efforts. He adds 1 success to his side’s battle. Though the dangers of the battle put him at risk of receiving a serious wound. Your hero must make a Vigor roll (no additional penalties), Failure he suffers a wound, on success he suffers no wound.
    • Raise(8) (+2): The hero wreaks havoc, slaying enemy leaders and destroying important assets. He adds 2 successes to his side’s battle. Escaping the dangers of battle he finds himself uninjured any further. In addition you gain a Benny and ignores up to 3 troops lost.
    • Two or More Raises(12) (+3): The warrior covers himself in glory! Many foes fall before him and his success inspires his allies to fight like demons. His efforts add +3 (or more) to his side’s successes and he emerges from the fight unscathed. He takes no additional wounds. The character may also reduce another player's Critical Failure result to a normal failure if he narrates how he interfered. In addition you gain a Benny, or things lined up well for you, your character was able to conserve resources more than expected, as a result regain half of the resources spent for this roll.
  • Narrate it all. Tell us the story of how your technical achievements helped or hindered your efforts to calmn the leyline storm and get everyone saftely though the leyline gate. Go wild and make up whatever you think makes sense based on the narration set before you. Next stop the Witchwell Inn!
Sun Dog XY Night:
Sun Dog XY Night, option 2
It looks like it should be a cake walk. But an black man with white aging hair comes out with his SunDog allies. He smiles and nods to the heroes passing out these little eyes with circuits and tubes(kn Arcana Biowizard 3rd eyes). He points to the sky and says, ”Something old this way approaches.”

The heavens open up in a bright deep red light and the old one that Kir bargined with steps forth from its celestial abode and back into the lives of the Resolute heroes. XY looks like a tiny decrepid old hang that snears, ” Ahh the heroes that sent me away. Found you I have. Trying to stop the vampire intelegences by making a deal with Lord Ruthvan? Sad... Sad... Sad mortals. The lord is mad! No matter it was a valiant try but the time has come for your story to end.” A thick fog seems to rise arround the lair of the Sun Dogs killing any it touches instantly as their souls leave the corporal body shackled with black chains of bondage. Even the old man Shepard is not spared this fate. The few sun dogs that remain howl against the coming of this awesome and terrifying threat. Black inky tentacles spurt forth from the creature trying to wrap themselves around the heroes! Reacting to this creature is almost impossible. Its as if time itself has left you behind, and the darkness the creature exudes is choking you slowly(even through your armor). Any hope you have is but a thread. Perhaps your fortunate end is truely close at hand.
OOC Comments
  • Tactical Challenges require military, physical, and combat skills to overcome. This might mean taking out a guard, shooting a security drone, climbing a wall, or otherwise dealing with a potential threat to the mission by aggressive or physical means. This rarely means all-out combat, though; if that happens, the mission is probably blown, or at least now requires combat play to resolve. The skills required to solve a Tactical Challenge are: Athletics, Battle, Boating, Demolitions, Driving, Fighting, Notice, Piloting, Riding, Shooting, Survival, and Tracking.
  • 19 successes needed and the above tactical roll is made at -6!
[*]Challenge Difficulty [dice]1[/dice]
Disaster: increased difficulty by -4, on a failure the hero and ally chosen takes 1d3 additional wounds (can be soaked). Enemy Die:
OOC Comments
[dice]2[/dice] Wild [dice]3[/dice] GM benny to reroll [dice]4[/dice] wild [dice]5[/dice] GM benny for reroll [dice]6[/dice] wild [dice]7[/dice] last GM benny for a reroll [dice]8[/dice] Ace [dice]10[/dice]wild [dice]9[/dice] ace [dice]11[/dice][/list]
Directions:
  • 1) Determine if you will be using an aly and at what bonus.
  • 2)Determine Resources Spent
    • Resources Spent: As a default your character spends 4 Power Points and 3 troops. Before rolling declare if you would like to have your character risk more or expend more resources for a better chance of success. Note: you must have the resources to spend them. If wound or fatigue levels are chosen in lui of resources they stick with you until the GM says otherwise (Generally at a rest stop with a save point). Players with fast regeneration can assume these wounds taken are the kind that bypass their natural healing. This is a war of attrition.
      • -2: Conserve your energy - Believing it may be an easy battle you accept an additional -2 to your roll in exchange for spending 1/2 resources (rounded down).
      • +0: In The Fight - Wanting to stay on top of things you fight like a professional. You roll without an additional modifier for the default resource cost.
      • +2: Serious Business - You do not play around and do what you have to in order to ensure victory, even when it requires risking yourself. You may double the resources spent, or accept 1 Fatigue or 1 Wound to gain a bonus of +2 to this roll.
      • +4: No Matter The Cost - When Battle comes you go all in, winning no matter the personal cost. You may triple the resources spent, or accept 2 Fatigue or 2 Wounds to gain a bonus of +4 to this roll.
  • 3) Select a Tactical skill out of Athletics, Battle, Boating, Demolitions, Driving, Fighting, Notice, Piloting, Riding, Shooting, Survival, and Tracking. These skills can be modified by the rangers themselves.
  • 4) Roll said skill with above modifiers. Please include the scene modifier of -6!!! Total number of success needed are 19. All players rolls contribute directly to the number of successes. Achieve all 19 and you guys did something truely legendary. Do not acheive all 19 every player at the table takes 1d3 wounds (Soak-able). Acheive 15 or less: Naked and Afraid on Phase word side adventure!
  • 5) Narate the Result using the below guidlines:
    • Critical Failure (-1): The hero is stopped by overwhelming numbers, an unfortunate tactical development, or bad fortune. He suffers 2 wounds which cannot be soaked and looses 8 additional troops. This also adds 1 more success needed to overcome the challenge. Critfailures also roll on this special table: Karl and the Rangers
      • Failure is Fortuitous: A Player who critfailures either by choice or roll can gain a roll on the Fortune and Glory table as they find out very quickly XY (The old one) is a friend to those who work towards your ultimate destruction. Critfailure’s chosen in this manner cannot be undone by any means.[
    • Failure (+0): The hero generally succeeds but not without a grave cost or an unfortunate tactical development. He suffers 1 Wound (The Hero may spend a Bennie as usual to make a Soak roll if desired.) and looses 3 extra troops.
    • Success (4) (+1): The hero fights well and adds +1 to success to his team’s efforts. He adds 1 success to his side’s battle. Though the dangers of the battle put him at risk of receiving a serious wound. Your hero must make a Vigor roll (no additional penalties), Failure he suffers a wound, on success he suffers no wound.
    • Raise(8) (+2): The hero wreaks havoc, slaying enemy leaders and destroying important assets. He adds 2 successes to his side’s battle. Escaping the dangers of battle he finds himself uninjured any further. In addition you gain a Benny and ignores up to 3 troops lost.
    • Two or More Raises(12) (+3): The warrior covers himself in glory! Many foes fall before him and his success inspires his allies to fight like demons. His efforts add +3 (or more) to his side’s successes and he emerges from the fight unscathed. He takes no additional wounds. The character may also reduce another player's Critical Failure result to a normal failure if he narrates how he interfered. In addition you gain a Benny, or things lined up well for you, your character was able to conserve resources more than expected, as a result regain half of the resources spent for this roll.
  • Narrate it all. Tell us the story of how your tactical might helped or hindered your efforts to defeat and beat back XY the old one. Go wild and make up whatever you think makes sense based on the narration set before you. Next stop the Witchwell Inn!
[/list]
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

6.2 Jouney to Zacatecus (Sundog Lair)- Tac and Tech

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Photos for the Mood
Attachments
Soledad, “Master Vampire”
Soledad, “Master Vampire”
Leyline Storm
Leyline Storm
Shepard “ You da man”
Shepard “ You da man”
XY
XY
SunDog “Ahuizoti”
SunDog “Ahuizoti”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Krysesia
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Re: Reids Rangers Plot point

Post by Krysesia »

Notice 11, Spellcasting 24 (6 of 5 successes on Technical Challenge) and 1 Sundog ( :( )
Notice [dice]0[/dice]+[dice]6[/dice], [dice]1[/dice]
Spellcasting [dice]2[/dice], [dice]3[/dice] +1 (Staff) +2 (Aid from Ink) +4 (Shifter) + [dice]5[/dice]+6 (2 bennies spent + Elan and Big Damn Hero) = 24
[dice]4[/dice] Sundogs reroll [dice]7[/dice]
+2 Bennies (for refusing the Eye of Eylor Item and bookkeeping) and -2 bennies (above)
-1 PPE (-2+1 due to PPE conservation on a raise) and 1 ranger lost
"Wonderful cousin! Kick their asses! But stay safe! I've got this!" As she prepares to gate people, she hears the offer from the old man. "I appreciate the offer, but my personal code forbids the enslavement of any being, even one already limited to little else like those eyes of eylor. Still if they will willingly offer their service, I will not limit the others so. Prepare yourself though. Something wicked comes this way." With that she is gone, ferrying people through. Still, even then the fighting is fierce as she gates the last of the people through. She turns to see one of her rangers, a large bear of a man called Julio, get cored by a bolt of magical lightning. She then watches three Sundogs leap to his aid and take down vampires opening up a gap. Grizzly Carter urges the rest of her people through. Those three sun dogs go down in the fighting, but not before Krys can ash the lot of the vampires with a well placed stellar rift. She slumps a bit, more at a loss for the senseless death than anything. One of the sun dogs, a particularly large male, comes up beside her and pushes her upright and then urges her towards their next destination. Serenia comes up and puts one hand on her shoulder and then gives the Ahuizoti a rub between the ears. "It seems your new friend has the right idea. Come, the rest are this way!" With that she bounds off, her white blade cutting down vampires and other threats as she moves. The dagger in one hand and the staff in the other, Krys motions forward to the wet furred creature. "Come friend, we must away!"
Krysesia of Clan Skellian, True Atlantean Shifter
Quick Stats
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 21(10) in armor; Strain: 0
Weapon in hand: Manoan Firebolt Pistol (Ammo: 20/20) or Neptune’s Draining Blade
Bennies, Wounds, and Power Points: Tracked Here
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: 6.2 Jouney to Zacatecus (Sundog Lair)- Tac and Tech

Post by Grynn »

Tactical Combat for 'Sun Dog XY Night' - Success and Raise, No Rangers Lost
Sundogs gained: [dice]0[/dice].

Ally chosen: Commander Kurling (+2 bonus for aid).

Ranger Helpful Heroes (1 Benny) = 4 total.
Skill die [dice]1[/dice], Wild die [dice]2[/dice].

+4: No Matter The Cost: Accept 2 Wounds to gain a bonus of +4 to this roll.

Cursed with Awesome! Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll.

Grynn's roll = 9 total.
  • Negative: Fatigue -2, Scene Modifier -6.
  • Positive: No Matter the Cost +4 (2 Wounds), Ally Kurling +2, Ranger Helpful Heroes +1.
Fighting die [dice]3[/dice], Wild die [dice]4[/dice].
Sundog Sacrifice (Reroll): Fighting die [dice]5[/dice], Wild die [dice]6[/dice]
Benny reroll: Fighting die [dice]9[/dice], Wild die [dice]10[/dice].
Benny reroll: Fighting die [dice]11[/dice], Wild die [dice]12[/dice].
Benny reroll: Fighting die [dice]13[/dice], Wild die [dice]14[/dice].

Knowledge Arcana on the Bio-Wizard Eye:
Knowledge die [dice]7[/dice], Wild die [dice]8[/dice].
The Leyline Storm erupted and caused Grynn to wince a bit and shield his eyes. He wasn't worried about being blown away but being struck by the energy or chaos there would be very unpleasant. Almost all of the sundogs kept their distance from the dragon except for a singular sundog that came over. A growl from the sundog was responded to by a larger growl that nearly shook the ground under it. Apparently, that was enough for the sundog to consider Grynn its 'alpha' or friend or something, because thereafter the sundog didn't leave his side until the end.

Grynn looked at the black man that came out with the sundogs. He gingerly accepted the eye-thing and peered at it intently. He'd never seen one before and had no idea what it was. He poked it. It didn't respond. He shook it. Nothing. He licked it. Oh gods it tasted awful, and Grynn made a very unhappy and nauseated face. He tucked it away under one of his scales for the moment for safekeeping.

"Uhhh....hi! Who are you?" He asked curiously of the strange old man that beamed down out of the clouds. But the man was too busy pontificating weirdly like he was talking AT them instead of TO them. And then a thick fog sprung up - a deadly, killing touch fog! "Hey now! That's not nice!" Tentacles began to creep forth and lash out in attacks.

Grynn let out a growl and sprang forward, using his flight, agility, teeth, claws and flame breath to attack various tentacles, to keep them away from others. The rangers with him, lead by the Lyn-Srial, kept their distance but sprang to Grynn's aid, setting up lines of fire to try and keep tentacles at bay. Commander Kurling saw several tentacles reach up behind Grynn to grab the dragon. He called out a warning but the dragon didn't seem to hear him. So, mindful of the potential issue it could cause but unwilling to just let the dragon be dragged off, he unloaded as carefully as he could with his rail gun, though at least one of the rounds pierced dragon hide. Grynn let out a howl of pain.

Another tentacle snaked in, reaching for Grynn's head or maybe to go down his throat, but the sundog jumped in the way and was snapped in half by the tentacle. "NO, NOT MY NEW FRIEND!" Grynn began angrily flapping his wings as hard as he could, directed at the dark fog, trying to drive it back from his allies, of only for a moment. It was starting to get painful, though. He wasn't sure how long he could keep it up.
Last edited by Grynn on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Grynn
Character Summary
Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
Special: Cursed with Awesome (You can reroll a 1 on the wild die - unless it is a crit fail. Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll); Fear (in dragon form); Flight 12 (in dragon form); Impervious to Fire; Infravision; Size +6 (in dragon form); Slow Regeneration; Spirit rolls (+2)
Active effects:
Parry: 5 ; Toughness (Dragon form): 34(16); Toughness (Human form): 17(8)
Weapons: Claws/Bite, Fire Breath, Powers, Tail Lash
Edges: AB Magic, AB Psionic, Attractive, Metamorphosis, Power Surge

Charisma: 0 (+2 with Dragons)
Bennies: 3 from Blaze of Glory

ISP: 15/15
PPE: 20/30
Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Invisibility, Light/Obscure, Slumber, Smite

Wounds:
Fatigue::

Currently playing in: Vampire Kingdoms
Kir Gloryspirit
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kir Gloryspirit »

Sundogs Gained: 4
Sundogs: [dice]0[/dice]
"Thank you Elder Shepherd. Asnir welcomes all who would fight the good fight. Your gift is unusual but appreciated, and these sun dog creatures are most welcome too," Asnir tells the old man.

Kir reaches down to scratch one sun dog behind its ear as a pack of four of the creatures approach him and his Shish Kabob squad. He keeps the one who approached him first by his side and motions for the others to gather around Tycho.

Kir smiles at his new friend and says, "You and yours are to guard Tycho and the others. Should one of our friends need your help, you may help them too, but only if the need is dire."

When Xy appears and uses the fog to kill indiscriminately, Kir shouts, "NO! Xy, we are righteous and you will not thwart us here. What is one such as yourself against the might and wisdom of Asnir?"
Kir Gloryspirit, God-Touched Mystic of Asnir, God of War
Kir Gloryspirit, God-Touched Mystic
Charisma: 3; Pace: 6; Parry: 8(1); Toughness: 10(5)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Alertness: +2 to Notice
    Champion: Add +2 damage vs supernaturally evil creatures and +2 Toughness vs damage from supernaturally evil sources.
    Cosmic Confluence: 2 PPE to 1 ISP & Vice Versa (use immediately)
    Crapsack World: Roll an additional Wild die per Trait roll. Tripple 1's = roll a new char?
    Danger Sense: Notice -2 to know something is about to happen; On hold if success
    Even Stronger Willed: +2 Taunt/Intimidation, +2 Smarts/Spirit vs Tests of Will, +2 vs Fear/Puppet
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 1/2
PPE: 8/25; PPE: 0/10; PPE: 10/15; ISP: 8/20
Bennies: 0/3; Sun Dogs: 2/4
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Kir Gloryspirit speaking/thinking
Asnir, god of war speaking (directly into the mind)
Asnir speaking through Kir Gloryspirit (both speaking simultaneously)
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Zacatecas, Mexico
All day
Round 0
Sun Dogs 2
[dice]0[/dice]
Third Eye of Eyloth
Putting it on my armor for the free summons and no power.
Andale! Ashlyn urged Nestor and his rangers on as they raced up the mountain from the river toward the ley line, the pack of vampires on their heels. Ashlyn looked back to see several of their allies nearly overwhelmed.

“Group together! Fight back to back!” Ashlyn called to her rangers. “We need to buy Krysesia time!”

Two of the sun dogs came up to the group of rangers. From her backpack, Blanca yipped hello.

Ashlyn stood among her rangers, pointing out good targets to take advantage as they rained down fire on the vampires, and she warned them as the inky black cloud from the Old One threatened to overwhelm them.

Ashlyn saw Karl getting into some trouble. She knew she would regret this later, but she called out, “Karl, mi amor! You can do thees! Stay strong and come to me!”
Benny for Rangers to help 5; +1 to my roll
Shooting [dice]1[/dice]
Wild [dice]2[/dice]
Notice 10; 2 successes
-6 difficulty, +2 Aid from Karl, +1 from rangers, +4 No Matter the Cost (2 Wounds)
Notice [dice]3[/dice]
Wild [dice]4[/dice]
Spend a sun dog for Extra Effort [dice]5[/dice]
The rangers worked well together, and Karl, the smart little imp, feigned injury, leading off a group of overeager vampires into the annihilating fire of Nestor and his rangers. Ashlyn lost none of her rangers as they tactically withdrew to the ley line when it was their turn, but one of the sun dogs did sacrifice itself as it leapt in the way of one of the inky black tendrils that threatened Ashlyn from behind.
Resources
Took 2 Wounds, used 4 PPE, lost 0 rangers, lost 1 sun dog, gained 1 benny.

Conditions
-2 Wounds (ignore 1)
Ashlyn Alvarez Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
Encumbered: -2 to Str and Agi related rolls
Wild Die always a d8
Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
Dodge: -1 to by hit by ranged attacks
Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
Brave: +2 Fear tests
PPE: 16/20
ISP: 20/20
Shield: 10/10 PPE
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 15 rangers; 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 9/3
Adventure Cards
  • Speedy Gonzalez: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.
Character Tracker
Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)
Remember Blanca (WC; d8 all attributes, Strength d12+4)
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
PPE: 15/25
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
ISP: 18/25
  • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
Shield: 7/10 PPE
  • Deflection
Wand: 7/10 PPE
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 0/4
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

From concealed positions, Vela and her team could only watch in dawning horror as the black tendrils snaked out to transfix and consume the main column. Then Sulannus, the elf, cried out, "It's coming for us!"

Vela reacted on instinct, clasping the broach of her cloak in one clawed hand and focusing the power of her spirit and mind into it to call forth its powers. Immediately the sky over her team's heads convulsed as clouds came roiling out of nowhere. Thick and dark, they rumbled ominously and began disgorging a constant sluicing of rainfall.

And those questing, soul-eating tendrils actually hesitated.

"Forward! Attack!" The werejaguar wasn't sure how long the deluge of pure water would keep those smokey tentacles back...but it seemed that even the otherworldly source of vampires felt some echo of its lesser spawn's weaknesses. Now was the time to seize the initiative!

She charged forward, down the embankment, and heard her squad give an answering cry and follow her. Midway down she invoked the power of the golden sun mask, and the night was briefly illuminated by a flash as her claws were imbued with the power of life and death. Or more accurately, the power to police the border between them.

Vampires swarmed up at them, from who knows where. Perhaps the beast could summon them at will. Perhaps they had been hiding as bats. Regardless, the path forward became choked by the legions of the Dead. Vela gave out a roar of defiance, and with each slash of her solar-infused talons vampires were burned and torn. And still they came!

Moreover, those inky black tendrils wove through the underbrush and trees, seeking the living blood and souls of her and her team. Vela leapt to avoid one, split a vampire's head on landing, then looked around as a tingle of precognition lit up her spine. The elf, Sulannus, was holding off at some range, giving covering fire with that enormous bow of hers. Each arrow, despite the darkness and confusion, found a bloodsucker's heart. But from behind, one of those dark arms billowing out. Vela jumped up to a low-hanging branch, braced with her feet and jumped over the top of the melee to crash into Sulannus and knock them both sprawling away from the soul-eating terror.

Whatever exclamation of annoyance and surprise Sulannus might have uttered then drained away as she saw what had almost happened. She gave Vela a grim nod, and moved back to resume firing, a little less focused on her targets and a little more wary of her surroundings.

Vela was getting back up when three vampires burst from the brush around her and pinned her arms and legs. A fourth, far more 'human' looking than the wild dregs that had gotten the drop on her, only emerged when it seemed he was safe. His expression was something like a smirk, something like a snarl, as he drew forth a silver blade.

He was still smirk-snarling when his head hit the ground, even as his body caught fire and collapsed to ashes.

The three Dead holding Vela released her to pounce on the new figure who'd come up from behind the vampire, as silently as the death he'd brought him. Only two made it to him; the third having been grabbed by the werejaguar and summarily sliced from stem to stern by sunlit claws. Those two charged into the shadow concealing him. There were wet gurgles then, then the sound of meat hitting the ground.

From the shadow emerged a familiar face. A face that, at one point, Vela had considered it a very great honor to cut into ribbons and then set on fire.

Soledad. He held out a hand to help Vela up to her feet. As she got up, he grasped her forearm, the place the mark had appeared once during a dream.

"Take care," admonished the erstwhile vampire lightly. "It is not your fate to die here."

Vela rubbed her arm as he released her and asked, "Who are you to know my fate?"

Soledad smiled. "The hour of knowing is close, but not here. Now is the hour of battle. I have missed this...how it gets the blood pumping!" With a wink, he turned and rushed off into the night. The darkness seemed to cling to him, concealing him even to a werejaguar's eyes as he moved off.

Cries of pain, of fear. Her people needed her. There was no time to give chase. To catch. To demand answers. Soon.

She whirled and loped off, rescuing a few more in her squad...and even keeping the sun dog who'd adopted them clear...before the path to XY was open.

Arrows sang through the air over her head as Vela charged the abomination. Streams of water. Magic spells. Vela called on all her companion spirits to aid her and her team, and then she was ducking and weaving through the maze of death, seeking the horror at the center; the thing that called itself XY.
Rolls: Fighting 17 (+4 successes), 2 bennies spent, 6 ISP spent
Start Conditions: At Any Cost +4, Ally Assistance: Soledad +2, Sun Dogs gained: [dice]0[/dice], Scene Penalty -6
Ranger Assist [dice]3[/dice] or [dice]4[/dice] Ace [dice]6[/dice] - 1 benny, +2 to roll
Fighting [dice]1[/dice] or [dice]2[/dice]
Extra Effort [dice]5[/dice]+2 Elan - 1 benny spent
Last edited by Vela on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human
Parry:8, Toughness: 15(4)

Jaguar
Parry: 8, Toughness 13

Hybrid
Parry: 8,Toughness 18 (4)
Edges: Frenzy, Improved Frenzy

ISP: 10/10
Detect/Conceal Arcana: +2 Pace on Detect, +1d Stealth on Conceal; 3ISP
Smite: +2 Damage, can give ally opportunity to Unshake
Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and Melee, vampires are at additional -1

Combat Edges:
Danger Sense: Reflexive Notice-2 to detect ambushes or surprise attacks
Fast Healer: +2 Vigor for natural healing checks
Kir Gloryspirit
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Leader Bonus given to Ashlyn: 14
[dice]0[/dice]
Kir overhears Ashyln call out to the rangers. The situation is dire, so he lends her aide. He approaches Ashlynn, reaching within himself to call upon the power of Asnir. As he does so he points his staff at several of the vampires Ashylnn calls out and then places his hand upon her shoulder.

"Asnir! Lend this woman your power! Sap it from the very limbs of the foul monsters approaching!" Kir shouts out.

The vampires slow as Ashyln's reactions quicken. He pats her on the back once and says, "Asnir is with you, Ashyln. Keep our allies safe."
    Champion: Add +2 damage vs supernaturally evil creatures and +2 Toughness vs damage from supernaturally evil sources.
    Crapsack World: Roll an additional Wild die per Trait roll. Tripple 1's = roll a new char?
    Danger Sense: Notice -2 to know something is about to happen; On hold if success
    Even Stronger Willed: +2 Taunt/Intimidation, +2 Smarts/Spirit vs Tests of Will, +2 vs Fear/Puppet
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Gained 3 Sun dogs, Eye of Eloth goes to Karl
Sun dogs gained [dice]0[/dice]
Eye of Eloth goes to Karl, so he's got some bling on his celestial cell phone
Fighting 22, 5 Successes vs. XY
Using Fighting, at the In the Fight level (no modifier), with help from the Confessor (+2), spending a Benny so my rangers help with a complimentary skill roll (Fighting 1d10 in their case)
Rangers' Fighting [dice]1[/dice] = Success = +1 to Penitent's roll
Wild [dice]2[/dice]

So, Penitent is 1d12+3 Fighting with his chainsword, -6 for the scene, +3 from various allies, so it's a straight roll
Fighting [dice]3[/dice]
Wild [dice]4[/dice] = Ace! [dice]5[/dice] = Ace! [dice]6[/dice]
Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice]7[/dice] = 5 Successes vs. XY

Gained back both Bennies, no troops lost, used 2 PPE.
Penitent listens as XY pontificates, but he's already thinking of ways to grant the babbling god-thing a final redemption. The Confessor apparently has a similar idea, as she shows up, gleaming blade in hand, armor covered in fresh vampire mess.

"So that's an Old One? Seems kind of ... geriatric," she says, just before the wizened being tries to simultaneously squish and devour the souls of everyone within reach of its black tentacles.

Spared of having to think up a witty response, Penitent focuses on holding on to his soul -- he'd only gotten it back not that long ago -- while trying to gain enough purchase to power up Fury's Fang. luckily, the enchanted chainblade was facing away from his body, trapped by one of the black tentacles, which it promptly chewed through as soon as Penitent flipped the switch.

Hungrily, the chainsaw teeth carved from the fangs of the ancient Anger Worm carved through the tentacles surrounding him, before Penitent slashed through those holding the Confessor and other nearby allies.

"I don't think the Anger Worm likes you - did you know each other?" Penitent asks as he stalks toward the Old One, cutting apart the sorcerous tentacles that flail and lash in his path. "She didn't like me, either, after slew all her progeny and then carved my way into her heart and back out again. But we've managed to find common cause since then, insofar as I let her fangs sup on the blood of the unrighteous and undeserving. And I think you, ancient one, are an exemplar of both!"

Feinting high, Penitent dives low, swinging the enchanted chainsword and Durendal in crossing arcs. The Confessor follows a split-second later, leaping off Penitent's back before leveling a devastating overhand blow against XY. Both attacks strike with ringing force, though it's unclear exactly what effect they have on the robed Old One - even apok have their limits.
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Bennies: 0/3 +1 Red Benny (1d10 for EE or 1d10 Wild Die on a reroll)
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Notice d8, Intimidation d8+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
PPE: 4/20 + 10/10 (demon mask) + 10/10 (Karl - ?)
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Raynard Lucas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Raynard Lucas »

Shooting 2 successes, 2 Sun Dogs
Sun dogs [dice]0[/dice]

Allies Unlooked Bonus: Doc Reid +2

Serious Business +2

Marksman +2

1 Benny for Rangers Aid
Shooting [dice]1[/dice]
Explode [dice]3[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]2[/dice]

Shooting [dice]4[/dice]
Benny Extra Effort
[dice]5[/dice]
As they approach Raynard sneers at the sun dogs. In spite of his clear annoyance, a couple take a shine to him and pad over, becoming his new best friends. As the storm rolls in Raynard turns his eyes to the heavens and frowns. Once the darkness seeps in, Raynard looks to Doc Reid and gives a slight nod which Doc returns. Doc picks up the rail gun, resting it over his bionic limbs and whistles, calling Raynard's rangers over to him. They quickly check to make sure their weapons are loaded and ready to go, then break out into pairs, doing their best to flank the Old one while Penitent tears into it. Raynard above all things is patient. He pumps energy into his laser rifle and wiats until the perfect moment. Once it presents itself he squeezes off a three round burst and purple psionic energy hits Xy Directly in the back of the head.
Kir Gloryspirit
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Shish Kabob Squad Gogo! (-1 Benny): 3, Shish Kabob squad wiped out.
Fighting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
Rangers Lost: [dice]2[/dice]
Notice 12 (-1 Benny)
Notice: [dice]3[/dice] (-1 Fatigue, -2 Wounded, -6 Scene, +2 Alertness, +2 Aid from Melody, +4 No Matter the Cost)
Wild: [dice]4[/dice] Ace: [dice]5[/dice]
EE: [dice]6[/dice]
Kir continues to stand by Ashyln's side, aiding her in overseeing the battlefield. He calls out orders to his Shish Kabob Squad and Sun Dogs, having them support Ashlyn's squad. They fight valiantly, felling many vampires, but there are so many that they become separated from their allies.

"Melody," Kir calls out to his young friend, "Help us save Tycho and his men!"

The two of them give the vampires hell trying to save the Shish Kabob squad, but they are not strong enough or fast enough. The sun dogs manage to slip away and return to Kir's side, but the Shish Kabob squad is pushed into the soul snaring fog.

"Damn you, Xy! Those were all good men! They deserve their places in the Halls of Honor!" Kir shouts at the old one.

"Asnir, we have failed again...Help us, please. No matter the cost, free these men's souls. End the fog if there is enough strength left in this body," Kir beseeches Asnir.

"Very well, Kir. You will have nothing left to give after this. But you have earned that rest - trust in your allies as you have trusted in me."

No bolt from the heavens strikes Kir, but he does change. Its subtle - an orange gleam to his eye. His long hair flows slightly of its own accord. Kir would not be able to survive another transformation like he underwent with the Iron Guards. Instead, Asnir guides Kir while allowing him direct access to his divine abilities.

Across the battlefield, a score of the most troublesome enemies become slower and easier to manage. Simultaneously, Kir appears to be in constant motion. A small tendril of the ley line seems to be feeding power directly to Kir as he unleashes volley after volley of divine might.

He only focuses on the vampires briefly. Once he has dealt them a significant blow, he quickly focuses upon the old one. He battles the old one until his strength fades and he looses consciousness, hoping that his efforts were enough to free the souls of the men he failed and buy his allies enough time to get through the gate.
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Scene Notes and rolls, Sun Dogs Challenge 16
Sun Dogs 0

Sun Dog XY Night, option 2 Scene Modifier -6
+0: In The Fight - Wanting to stay on top of things you fight like a professional. You roll without an additional modifier for the default resource cost.

Sacrificing Reid +4

Chosen Skill Battle d12+8

Battle d12+8-6+4=d12+6

Knowledge (Battle) 1
Wild Die 2
  • Why Not Reroll, I Got 5 Bennies
    Knowledge (Battle) 3
    Wild Die 4
    • Why Not Reroll, I Got 4 Bennies
      Knowledge (Battle) 5
      Wild Die 6
      • Why Not Reroll, I Got 3 Bennies
        Knowledge (Battle) 7
        Wild Die 8
        • Why Not Reroll, I Got 2 Bennies
          Knowledge (Battle) 9
          Wild Die 10
Not truly understanding what they were going against Ndreare orders the men to hold back. Rodney's report on his interaction with Karl also has him worried they may have a traitor among their own men. Immediately Ndreare knows the threat is his men's inability to attack the vampires ins a meaningful way. His gives the order and Yodh begins helping him enchant all the weapons to strike with focused sun light.

Rodney is normally not inclined to violence, but with the enhancement on his main gun and a little motivation the drone is able to destroy vampires easily as they find themselves without defense from the Ariel warrior.

The concentrated blast of fire from the rangers hidden vantage was a success as they were able to start tearing through vampires, when suddenly the enemy forces catch the rangers off guard having circled around. Ndreare was convinced he would lose half his men, when out of nowhere Doc Reid himself comes in with a madness in his eye that is Ndreare always worried about, this time on overdrive.

The Doc's strange asymmetrical fighting style sliced through vampires like they were nothing. His blades silver a blur in the air as he went through them. Within minutes the tides where turned when the fog comes in, Doc Reid himself was one of the first victims as the order is given to fall back the cyborgs body falls limp to the ground his soul being devoured by the fog.

Unsure Ndreare starts asking Edin and Rodney what they have on the fog, perhaps it will know what that stuff is and how is can be overcome.

Exalted Detect Arcana and Knowledge (Arcane) 16, How can the fog be overcome
Using Exalted Detect Arcana and Knowledge (Arcane) d12+6
Knowledge (Arcane) 11
Wild Die 12
Current Status
Current Status
Parry: 8
Toughness: 16 (8)
PPE: 28 of 20 base
Night's Kiss PPE: 10/10 | T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 10/10
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2
Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2 | Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
  • Awesomeness +20

Bennies: 1
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 2nd Q 2018 Posting rate
    -1 Reroll spellcasting in turn 2 versus murder wraith
    +5 GM Award for group roll play to all of us
    -1 Extra Effort in Dramatic Task
    -2 Reroll Notice for Dramatic Tasks
    -1 Extra Effort to be team leader
    +1 Interlude by campfire
    -4 Re-rolls on Sun Dog Challenge

Rodney Status
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarterly Reset

Adventure Cards
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status
Parry: 9
Toughness: 22 (8)
PPE: 27 of 35 base 20 without gear

Gear Charges:
  • Amulet of the Archmage: 0/5
  • Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 10/10
  • Night's Kiss PPE: 0/10
  • T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
  • Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2
  • Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
  • Armor Features Activated

Bennies: 4 +1 Red Benny (Roll d10 extra effort, or reroll with a d10 wild die)
  • +5 Quarterly Reset + Great Luck.
    +1 Benny for some outstanding RP!
    +1 From GM for Art of Maker.
    -1 For Vigor Roll to Soak critical failure wound.
    +1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.
    -2 Interfere with Rifts rerolled twice.

Adventure Cards
Special GM removed, need interlude to obtain
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Getting the read out information from EDIN Ndreare curses under his breath before letting up the mic "Rodney, make sure everyone knows this data."[/ color]

Rodney sends the data along to everyone's channel looking it until confirmations come back.
The fog before you is The Smoke of Ages.

There is no known counter to the smoke of ages. The dragon kings in freehold thought about using this legendary power but determined bargaining with the demonix as their last ditch attempt for victory would be prefferable.

It is a fog that will blanket the world turning it to ash if its user makes but one mistake.

The kreeghor empire used it once on the planet of Zolombus in an attempt to pacify the roughly grey skinned humanoid race. 2 weeks later the planet came back to life with its populous exhibiting almost murder wraith like abilities (not your normal unskilled zombies) and an insasiable hunger.(In some cases it was a destructive drive to finish a life’s work, and not litteral hunger).

The sun arround Zolombus was darked and came to a withering halt. After a 100 year battle against these space zombies the kreghor empire made it back to the homeworld of Zolombus and used a stock pile of black hole bombs to rip the zombie infected world apart and suck over 90% into an event horizon.

However, Every now an again a straggler is found and killed. Their vulnerabilities are the same as a murder wraith. Breeding immune to all but Magic and Silver.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

+1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.

Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Player ally tracker, Rangers, and other resources
Kir- 0 Rangers. 2 wounds, 2 level fatigue(8 hours of rest needed)-4 to all rolls. 4 sundogs(bennies)
Ashlyn: 15 Rangers, 2 wounds(-2 trait rolls), 1 sundog benny, and Leader (Can add a 1d6 to any ally trait roll as if using Extra Effort, and this stacks with extra effort)
Grynn(Exhausted, 2 wounds, -4 to all trait rolls): 11 Rangers
Ndreare: 18 Rangers and Leader (Can add a 1d6 to any ally trait roll as if using Extra Effort, and this stacks with extra effort) Not sure how many sundogs you rolled.
Penitent: 15 Rangers, 3 sun dogs(benny)
Krys: 16 Rangers, leader (Can add a 1d6 to any ally trait roll as if using Extra Effort, and this stacks with extra effort), 1 sundog(benny).
Raynard: 9 Rangers, 2 sundogs(benny)
Vela: 16 rangers, 1 sundog(benny)
The areas of mexico and the Peco’s empire tell tale of a group of heroes shrouded in mystery, an enigma of sorts. Their power was said, if you believed those who told the tale, immeasurable and beyond compare. Even those in the celestial court or the underworld pits of hell knew of their exploits and trumph in El corazón Ahuizoti. It was even not uncommon for Emporer Sabre Lasar, of the Peco’s empire, to regal his house guests with tales from this famous battle where a group of legendary heroes not only sent 100’s of rangers up the infamous vampire mountain but withstood the spector of an ancient being that could shake the world off its very axis on a whim.

Sadly, Sabre’s accounting of the epic fight was 3rd or 4th hand at best. That fact was readily apparent ( though took non of the thrill away) as he told the end. He would tell his guests, ”There at the end, a ley line gate at their backs the heroes faced their fearsome adversary. A creature whose face would curdle milk itself in an instant, whose shadow darkned all others, whose... Well you get the idea. There was little hope for those Resolute Heroes. But then against all odds, with their limitless allies with them, XY strode back to its celestial plane underneath the mountains of palladium and left them with these hallowed words...” Those final words the great emporer of the Pecos Empire said would change from time to time. It was never clear why they changed and never did anything to lesson peoples enjoyment. For some unknown reason he also seemed to leave out the bit about Doc Reid dying...

It is infact that the words of Xy left in the ears of the heroes were different for each. Each hero was able to thrwart the tempations of Xy and found themselves propelled to a legendary status(in some cases a second time).
Optional Legendary Roll
Roll a 1d12 once on any of the three legendary tables (They are in the player directions). Then tell us what were Xy’s final words to your character? In some manner weave the roll result into the theme of Xy’s personal goodbye. (Note: If you liked Xy stick arround for season 3 when the heroes of the vampire kingdoms tackle his existence or rather try to end it once for all.)
Vela
Soledad smiles as you go through the gate. His voice is like a gentle whisper full of supernatural dread, ” I bid thee goodbye jaguar. When you are done here with what you think is the end. Know that it is only the beginning. When you are ready to rid the world of the dead I will find thee... I will find all of thee.” He disapates into a fine mist floating off into the distance.

Welcome to the Whitchwell Inn

The heroes and most allies jump through the leyline gate at the last minute having withstood the best Xy could give. Sadly some rangers were destined to not make the journey and their time for morning would soon be at hand, but the cold blistering wind Krys had deposited them threatened to doom them all. This area of the mountain was at least three feet of whispy snow. Pine like trees spot the lanscape and it is a hard hike ahead. The allies that made it with the group: Karl, Tera, Tyler Thomas, Commander Kurling, The Confessor, Rod. Ink, Soledad, Doc did not go through the gate.

Ahead about 5 miles away a becon of light could just be made out. Grizley carter calls over the howling wind, ” There!! Over there! The lantern of Witchwell... We just need to press on! The men, the cold will be their down fall! Wait where is Reid?” Commander Kurling heaves his rail gun putting it on his back and grabs Kir. His mechanical voice drones, ”Whatever that creature we fought was... It got him, he was one of the first to fall...I got Kir... Though if the cold seeps in he will be done for! That lantern must be 4 or 5 miles away!”

Karl laughs having recovered his phone just in time. He wiggles the eye now attached to it in front of Kir’s unconcious face and stutters through the cold, ”S-S-S-Selfie time!”

The 5 miles trek is treacherous but only for those exposed to the elements. News of Doc Reid’s demise all but shakes the faith of the rangers. Some even foolishly seek the cold comfort of the mountain rather than continue on with out Reid. Just before the cold threatens to doom everyone lanterns grow larger and the Inn itself draws near. Within a stone throws of the lantern the wind dies down, and while cold it is not blistering so. The men that make it break out tents and other camping equipment. Most of them seem torn... How could they continue without Doc Reid? He was the man that made them rangers. Grizzly points to the Wooden structure with glistening snow banks hugging the roof, ”Go...It was a hard half hour march. See if they have food for the men... See.... I don’t know... Just see...” Grizzly Carter’s despondant urging seems to echo the general mood of the rangers. Their leader, the man who had been the last best hope for the Vampire Kingdoms has died... Several of them look like they are ready to give up and go back down the mountain with out caring for their saftey. Really the only thing that could make it worse is if he returned some day as an undead zombie.
Karl talks to the heroes privately
Aside to the heroes of the hour, Karl pulls out a limp grey body from behind a grove of snow covered trees... It almost looks like ash has covered the body of Doc Reid... Karl shakes his head looking at the body. His voice actually sounds sad, ”I didn’t just want to spring this on all those Ranger suckers. It doesn’t look good... No life, no soul. I don’t even know what was in that fog.” He holds up his phone, ” Michael, and Lady Deathspike didn’t see his soul crossover.” Karl looks at the warm comfy Inn, ” I am hungry, take his body and do what you will.” The little imp rushes off into the inn.

What does this mean for Rez? Ndeare’s narrative had the soul be devoured... Resurect him at your peril and quiet possibly fun fun fun. +1 benny in the new quad if the desire to resurect him comes from a hindrance. Sounds like Tribe offered his card to anyone who can cast greater healing as a mega power.
Kir
Wake! Comes a thundering voice deep in your head, it is neither yours nor Asnirs. You are at -2 fatigue.

Player Directions are below:
OOC Comments
Step 1: Make a persuasion roll. This roll is at -2, fail and 1d6 rangers leave your company and venture into the blistering cold. If you have no rangers you can aid another player like Penitent using cooperative rules. If less than 5 players succeed every player looses an additional 1d6 rangers. All wound and fatigue penalties apply here and it is an extended social combat that starts the very moment you step out of the gate and does not stop until you reach the witchwell inn.

Step 2: Feel free to make that one legendary table roll and tell us what XY told you. Tables are below.
Legendary Tables
The legendary jouney: roll 1d12
This table represents what it takes and feels like to be a true legend on rifts earth. You are a larger than life character that has stories sung in bars, and parents tell their children bed time stories about how you held back a demon horde with nothing but a crow bar and some chewing gum.
  • 1)Weapon of Legend: The sword makes the man, or weapon rather. Folks will talk about your weapon long after you are dead and gone. Add two major and 2 minor modifications off the tw list or any 4 HJ gear related table to a weapon of your choice that can be used by your character. The character gets a +1 bonus to hit with it.
    2)Bad Ass Family: You mark the first in a great line of heroes. You represent sheer awesomeness and it caries down your bloodline. You and your descendants gain +2 ability pts to spend at character creation(Players can spend it now going beyond attribute limitations).
    3)The myth is true: Legends that live are impressive to be sure, just standing in ones presence can send even the most stout hearted into knee jerking I am not worthy mantra. As an action the character can reveal themselves as a true hero and legend of greatness. This works just like a fear check at -2 using the fright table but more for awe. If they already have fear as a natural ability increase the modifier by 2.
    4) Berserk Button: Your ability to hulk out makes it onto the nightly bard's tale across all the lands. You are a thing of beauty when the rage inside takes control. You gain the Beserk edge and as a free action when first beserking you can use the growth power once and it lasts until the end of your berserk. Use spirit as the casting roll. If you already have the beserk edge increase damage to +4. Your growth is locked in on a success at a 1d6+2.
    5) Arm and a Leg: Few are as hardy as yourself. Your ability to shrug off damage is truly impressive. +1 toughness and Once per session ignore the damage from one attack.
    6) After the end: When the end is neigh for your hero you just keep on ticking. Even when there is nothing left your spirit wills you onward. The amount of wounds it takes to incapacitate your character is equal to your spirit die type. However if at the end of the scene your character has not received immidate healing and he has over 3 wounds he perishes as his physical body can no longer maintain his legendary spirit.
    7) Cursed with awesome: Fate most of the time makes sure you come through in a big way. You can reroll a 1 on the wild die( unless it is a crit fail). Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll.
    8) A fate worse than death: Legends say when you try to take out your hero you best not miss because your hero can give as good as he can get. Missing your hero with an attack is worse because he has the ability redirect it right back at you! Chose, throwing, shooting, your arcane background skill, or fighting. Your receive the benefits of the counter attack edge appropriate to the skill chosen and a range that is appropriate for the one being used against you. If you already have counter attack and you choose fighting a second time gain one more use of the edge per round.
    9) There is no kill like overkill: Indeed the legends of your ferocity in combat will be told long after your blade becomes too heavy to lift and your rail-gun rusts over. Raise damage is increased by +1d6. Once per session declare an overkill moment and for each raise achieved add another +1d6 damage.
    10) World of Badass: Folks to this day still talk about what made you a badass. Your wild die is always a d8.
    11) You know what to do: Your even keel and decision making is the stuff lesser mortals dream about. During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace ( stacks with a joker).
    12) Things you were not meant to know: You know what? You know and have seen all that lurks in the dark. You can look the deep dark abyss right in its oily face and laugh as you tear its heart out. You gain +4 vs fear checks and on a successful save act as though you are under the effects of an adrenaline surge.
Mythic Rifter: roll 1d12
Rifts Earth is chalk full of the truely awesome. Your character is the embodyment of what makes rifts special and unique. Erin Tarin herself probably is working on a book describing your exploits and how you fit into the grand scheme of the post post apocalypse.
  • 1) Apocalypse Now: The next apocolypse is always riding on your shoulders. It is always a specter of doom that smiles wide making your enemies unlucky in all kinds of bad ways. You receive +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with you crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
    2) Mega Damage: You hit harder than anyone that has come before and anyone that will come after. It is a forgone conclusion your weapon of choice will be long preserved even after you are dead. Old grannies tell how you shreded a CS transport with your bare hands or wilks laser pistol. Choose a weapon of choice, something you would apply the trademark weapon edge too, and increase its Damage by 4 and ap value by 4. Once per session you can ignore the armor of a target and the weapon becomes a MD weapon for that action.
    3) Atonement: Righting wrongs is as natural as drinking coffee with milk. Your character has a special knack for sussing out when, where, and who is doing these wrong things. It is also said when you come accross evil dooers your vengece is mighty indeed. Your wild die for notice, tracking, investigation, and streewise is always a die type higher and if you ever spend a benny on those 4 skills you get a +2 bonus added to your total. Once per session double your damage against an evil doer you know that needs to have a wrong righted.
    4) Badass Clothing: The clothing makes the man, or hero. Folks might not remember your face or even name after you are long gone. They will however cherish your favorite hat, long coat, loin cloth, or pair of shoes. Chose an article of clothing that speaks to your character and give it a combination of a total of 4 upgrades. Choose from either allowable TW modifications or cybernetic upgrades. You can ignore strain.
    5) Big damn hero: Those out in the country remember you big as life, they say the feats you did were taller than the tallest tales arround. Spend a benny and add +2 to the result. For each benny spent this way you add an aditional +2. This stacks with Elan and applies to damage. Example: Your hero wants to spend 3 bennies for extra effort: roll 1d6+6 and add it to the result, if you had elan in the above senario, roll 1d6+8!. You also gain +1 benny each session.
    6)Can't get away: You are known far and wide as a hero that is ruthless in their pursuit for justice. Any time you shake an opponent that opponent actually takes wound. This will take most extras out of play and make wild cards think twice about what ever you got up your sleeve.
    7) Chainsaw of Good: Maybe you are a force for good, or have angels watching your back. Folks talk about your righteous fervor like they talk about a force of nature. Your attacks are treated as if celestial silver, and if they do a shaken or better roll a 6d, on a 6 your foe is vanquished by the almighty light of the celestials. If they already are celestial silver add +4 damage.
    8) Crapsack world: The world is a bad place, pretty much everything is out to get you. Legends tell tale of your exploits that even buck the universal constant. However, most folks also talk about the nasty run of bad luck that got you killed. You always roll an extra wild die and keep the highest roll. Ever crit fail on 1,1,1? Just make a new character because your luck ran out.
    9) He who fights monsters: Monsters know of you, and are afraid of their own shadows when they hear you are around. +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
    10) Ye Mighty and despair: Mounds of gear? No problem. Folks for miles can remember you hauling piles of equipment without breaking a sweat. They also probably remember you wielding two giant sized vibro blades or a vehicular weapon with ease. Shit folks even claim your mighty feats of strength could make lesser men tremble in droves. Treat your strength as 4 die types higher for encumbrance and treat your size as two steps higher for wielding vehicular weapons. You can also make a test of wills at a whole group of targets in a cone template laid down in front of you.
    11) 24 hour armor: Legends tell of an individual who walks Rift earth with skin tough as plate mail. Calculate your toughness by the full value of vigor instead of half.
    12) when planets align: Fate truly smiles on your hero. Bards across Rifts earth tell tale of a mighty individual whose luck is unparalleled. When the going gets good it gets real good. Any time dice ace for your hero add +4 to the result per ace.
Saboteur, Architect, Commando, Agent: roll a d12
There is skilled, and then there are craftsmen. You don't always take the glory and in fact sometimes working from the shadows is your nom de plume. Through countless hours and will uncounted for your abilities would give any legendary hero a run for their money. Then after the race those would be legends would be found garroted 200 feet before the finish line.
  • 1) Adaptation: You always have a knack for having the right tool to solve the right problem. You can analyze any situation, adapt, and then over come. Gain +4 to the attribute of your choice. You can spend a benny to use an edge until the end of your turn regardless of any requirement except for rank. Multiple bennies can be spent.
    2) The quiet one: Stealth is your virtue and silence is your fortitude. Smoke grenades are your favorite weapon. On a successful stealth roll (an action) gain the invisibility power for 3 rounds with out paying ppts. Once per session you can activate the mega version of this power.
    3) Blackmail: Who doesn't owe you money? Everywhere you go and most people you meet owe your character in some way. +2 on all connection rolls, I know a guy edge( or one more use to it, intimidation can be used in place of persuasion), and and you can use persuasion as a test of wills as you gently remind folk just how much they owe you.
    4) Code Name: Spy masters, secret agents, universal soldiers and super heroes often only go by a special designation and your character is no different. You turn the impossible into merely the improbable. You can ignore 2 pts of multi action penalty and once per session declare your code name moment where you are able to ignore all penalties for 1 turn.
    5) The Faceless: When you walk into a bar no one knows your name. Most folks have trouble even remembering your name let alone you were involved in anything important. You are almost impossible to find in a city with only a handful of people. You always get the drop at the beginning of combat and any attempt to find you using streetwise is at a -8.
    6) Fatal Flaw: You spend countless hours analyzing enemy tactics and are a master of understanding the subtle Nuances of the high tech world. If someone needs to make sure a hi tech competitor goes down in a blazing inferno they know to call you first. As an action and makes a smarts roll, any piece of hi-tech within your Smarts range suffers a technical difficult. This might be due to careful planning or skillful luck. You can also spend a benny to extend this range to the long range of a weapon readied. You also reduce an enemies tokens in a mass battle by 2.
    7) It's Personal: It always is personal. Through sheer force of will you trudge on wards even through a hail of railgun fire. Even when there is no hope, you are always reminded of how much succeeding means you. You can add half your spirit die type to your toughness and once per session roll your spirit die type and add it to any roll.
    8) Interrogation Technique: You are legend among black market enforcers. Word on the street no one has ever been able to with hold information from you, and those that try never get the chance to see their brains splatter. Use either intimidation or persuasion as the skill for telepathy without paying ppts. Once per session gain the mega version of this power. Additionally when you grapple a foe you can choose to do an immediate test of wills on them(free action). The raise effect of this special test of wills, is replaced by a wound instead.
    9) Houdini: Handcuffs, electromagnetic bindings, a room with no way out? Not a problem for your character. He is a master escape artist. Using agility as the skill roll you can go intangible for 3 rounds to get out of a jam, as you find it ridiculous easy to escape being bound or held captive. Once per session you can even switch places with your captor.
    10) Pretty Little headshots: whats better than one head shot? Two or even three of those suckers. You are the #1 speed dial option for those that need decapitations ordered. Head-shots or Vitals are only a -2 location penalty and add +4 damage per raise obtained when going for the head.
    11) Right behind me: You are known in certain circles for being able to get the drop when no one expects it. You also have a knack for popping up in places unexpected. On the first round of combat that your character goes she can choose any spot on the map to start. With a successful stealth roll she also has the drop(first round only).
    12) Stray Shots Strike Nothing: You have been known to stand in a crowded area and open full auto at a whole mess of bad guys. When the blood spray settles only the bad guys were hit, and hit hard. Innocent bystanders are never hit by your full auto attacks and whats more, every successful hit adds the rate of fire to its damage.
Step 3: RP here if you like(make any rolls you want), and please make the rez rolls here as well. For the rez choose one player as a lead and then other’s can use their arcane skill. Roll is made at -4. Costs 30 PPE. Also make any healing rolls here too to heal wounds taken from the battle with XY.

Step 4, Then head over here to the Witchwell Inn. Who knows whom else will arrive. It is a RP area. It will take me some time to get next quad ready so I am not planning any major GM posts until early October. So it makes a fun place to interact and RP for a bit.

Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Zacatecas, Mexico
All day
Round 0

Gracias, Ashlyn thanked Kir for helping her. She watched Doc Reid fall with sadness, but then they were whisked away by the ley line gate Krysessia opened. A voice, gravelly and ancient, ground in Ashlyn’s head as she was whisked away.

“You are a formidable warrior, Priestess. It is no wonder my minions fear you. But soon, as with all life, you will end, and I will remain.” There was a low, dry chuckle and the voice faded.

Ashlyn shivered as they were deposited in the snow up the mountain. Her armor kept her a bit warm, but many of her rangers weren’t so fortunate, wearing mismatched armor that they could put together, not usually sealed.

“We need out of the cold, Señorita,” Nestor said from cozily inside his Samson power armor. “And many are disheartened by the loss of Reid. Perhaps you could say a word?”

Sí, Ashlyn said. She removed her helmet and shook out her long black hair. Damp with sweat, it quickly frosted in the cold and her cheeks reddened, her long, dark lashes turning white with frost as well.

“Señor Reid died a hero,” Ashlyn spoke in Spanish, since most of her rangers knew her native tongue. She started to glow as she cast a spell to enhance her message. “He died to save your lives, so you could escape, so you could carry on his mission to bring final death to the vampires. Do not be disheartened. Do not betray his memory by abandoning the fight now. Not when we are so close to victory. We have reached a place of respite, to rest and recover before we continue on this holy crusade. Gather wood, start a fire to get warm. And remember the legacy of a great man. I knew him only a little time, but the world will know him through your actions this day, the great deeds he inspired you to do.”

Ashlyn’s rangers gave a hearty cheer, shouting into the darkness and cold, and Ashlyn smiled wearily.

Gracias, Nestor told her, removing his own helmet and giving her a handsome smile.

Ashlyn blushed. De nada. If you need me, I will be inside, but first there is healing to do,” she told him in Spanish, then turned and trudged toward the Witchwell Inn. She paused to confer with the others a moment and then to pray for healing.

Karl got Ashlyn’s attention then, showing her the body of Doc Reid. She frowned. “Is good you retrieved him,” she said. “Should be given proper burial.” Ashlyn didn’t yet have the power to resurrect anyone, nor was she sure what that strange fog had done to him or if it was possible.
Greater Boost Persuasion 13 Raise
-2 difficulty (EDIT: ignore difficulty, since this isn't the Persuasion roll), -1 Wound
Mysticism [dice:3db9qfbn]42278:0[/dice:3db9qfbn]
Wild [dice:3db9qfbn]42278:1[/dice:3db9qfbn]
Ace [dice:3db9qfbn]42278:2[/dice:3db9qfbn]
Ace [dice:3db9qfbn]42278:3[/dice:3db9qfbn]
Persuasion 17
-2 difficulty, -1 Wound, +4 die types, +2 Charisma (Holy Presence)
Notice [dice:3db9qfbn]42278:4[/dice:3db9qfbn]
Ace [dice:3db9qfbn]42278:6[/dice:3db9qfbn]
Wild [dice:3db9qfbn]42278:5[/dice:3db9qfbn]
Legendary Table
Mythic RifterTable [dice:3db9qfbn]42278:7[/dice:3db9qfbn] - He who fights monsters: Monsters know of you, and are afraid of their own shadows when they hear you are around. +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
Mass Healing 12; Heal 3 Wounds for everyone
Mysticism [dice:3db9qfbn]42278:8[/dice:3db9qfbn]
Wild [dice:3db9qfbn]42278:9[/dice:3db9qfbn]
Ace [dice:3db9qfbn]42278:10[/dice:3db9qfbn]
Mass Succor 8; relieve 2 fatigue levels
Mysticism [dice:3db9qfbn]42278:11[/dice:3db9qfbn]
Wild [dice:3db9qfbn]42278:12[/dice:3db9qfbn]
Conditions
Wild Die always a d8
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
PPE: 4/20
ISP: 20/20
Shield: 10/10 PPE
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 15 rangers; 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
Bennies: 9/3
Adventure Cards
  • Speedy Gonzalez: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.
Character Tracker
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Kir Gloryspirit
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Mythic Rifter: 8
Mythic Rifter [dice:1u23w84m]42285:0[/dice:1u23w84m] Crapsack world: The world is a bad place, pretty much everything is out to get you. Legends tell tale of your exploits that even buck the universal constant. However, most folks also talk about the nasty run of bad luck that got you killed. You always roll an extra wild die and keep the highest roll. Ever crit fail on 1,1,1? Just make a new character because your luck ran out.
Kir battled the old one until his overexertion took its toll on his battered body. His last memory of the battle is of Xy speaking directly into his mind, "How pittifully you struggle, Kir, and inevitably fail. Melody's brother, Tycho and his men, and even now. It amuses me so. I know of your quest, God-touched. Ask Asnir why he alone sent but one of his chosen to the vampire kingdoms. Where are the others, and where are the other gods' chosen? Preparing for their doom..."

Something or someone thunders within Kir's mind and it jolts him awake. Fortunately, Kurling with his cyborg strength barely feels a thing.

"Thank you, Kurling I believe? I am indebted to you for carrying me to relative safety. I would prefer to walk now, if you would release me?" Kir asks the commander.

Kir retrieves his staff and leans on it heavily - his body still terribily wounded and exhausted. He does keep pace, however, and his mind wanders to darker thoughts.

"Yes. It is strange that we alone were sent to stymie the vampire hordes and to keep them from uncovering the way to Valorheim. One does not toss a pebble into a river to divert its course. Why have we alone been tasked with the protection of our homeland?" Kir questions Asnir.

"Faith, Kir, is all that I ask of you," is the only response Kir gets.
Persuasion 1
Persuasion: [dice:1u23w84m]42285:3[/dice:1u23w84m] (-2 Wounded, -2 Fatigued, -2 Penalty, +2 Charisma)
Wild: [dice:1u23w84m]42285:1[/dice:1u23w84m]
Wild: [dice:1u23w84m]42285:2[/dice:1u23w84m]
Further questioning is met only with silence, and Kir begins taking note of the distraught people around him. Unaware of the loss of Doc Reid, and too worn out to realize the depths of their sorrow, he begins singing songs of mourning for the fallen to guide those lost in battle to the Halls of Honor.

It does little to ease the weight of the loss of Reid for the rangers, and many of them stare blankly out into the frigid mountainside.

Communion 21, -20 ISP
Converting 20 ISP into 10 PPE.
Mysticism: [dice:1u23w84m]42285:4[/dice:1u23w84m] (+1 Staff)
Wild: [dice:1u23w84m]42285:5[/dice:1u23w84m]
Wild: [dice:1u23w84m]42285:6[/dice:1u23w84m] Ace: [dice:1u23w84m]42285:7[/dice:1u23w84m] Ace: [dice:1u23w84m]42285:8[/dice:1u23w84m] Ace: [dice:1u23w84m]42285:9[/dice:1u23w84m]
As Ashlyn prays, Kir feels his injuries mend themselves. By the time her prayer ends even his aches and pains are gone, and he feels completely re-energized. He is just wrapping up a full body stretch when Karl pops out of nowhere with Doc Reid's body.

"Oh, no..We did not see him fall. We should have noticed sooner. It took nearly all we had left to march alongside Kurling this far. We..must confer with Asnir. Doc Reid was misguided, but his cause is just. He may yet have a role to play..." Kir tells those gathered nearby.

Kir heads into the inn and asks for a quiet place to rest. He takes whatever is offered to him, and meditates for a few minutes.

With his mind quieted and a trance-like state achieved, Kir uses all of his psychic energy to forcibly close off all external stimuli, growing closer to Asnir. Then he calls out to his god.

"Asnir! Doc Reid has fallen. I would ask of you to open the doors to the Halls of Honor and let him return to our side. His loss is felt immeasurably by his followers. However, one of our allies Ndreare seems to believe that his death was troubling. Are we able to return Reid to his body and revive him as he should be?" Kir asks Asnir.
???? wrote:Asnir voice comes over your head in a loud, “Noooooooo!!!!” Then darkness, a glimpse of shimmering light. Is that an eye staring back at you? No that would be huge... But something is glinting in the dark, close and yet far. Its almost like you are in a giant lost cavern in a world long forgotten... A quiet whisper echoes all around you, “Who is that? Is that You? Did you finally remember?”
The vision startles Kir, and he calls out, "Asnir, what is this? What am I supposed to remember? What does this vision mean!"
Admin Edit
[dice:1u23w84m]42285:10[/dice:1u23w84m]
Last edited by Kir Gloryspirit on Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Raynard Lucas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Raynard Lucas »

Legendary Table, Saboteur

Sabatouer table [dice:7xa837qq]42286:0[/dice:7xa837qq]
Persuasion 5
Persuasion [dice:7xa837qq]42286:1[/dice:7xa837qq]
Explode [dice:7xa837qq]42286:3[/dice:7xa837qq]
Wild Die [dice:7xa837qq]42286:2[/dice:7xa837qq]
Explode [dice:7xa837qq]42286:4[/dice:7xa837qq]
Raynard bobs and weaves, setting up the perfect shot. He moves behind his rangers, encourages them to move forward knowing that it will put Xy off balance at the risk of his men's lives. He does whatever it takes. When the man with the mask engages Xy in melee combat Raynard knows this is his best chance and sprays a burst of laser fire into the nape of Xy's neck.

The old one tumbles to the ground, and as he does so Raynard hears the ancient creature's words inside his head "Murderer. You and I have unfinished business."

Raynard shakes his head, setting it right again and then he sees it. Reid's dead. The man, the myth, the monster the... friend. Raynard walks over to the body shaking his head as he whistles low. I can't believe something finally killed the old bastard He kneels next to the body and whispers a few words as he discretely riffles through whatever pockets there might be. Reid was known to have blackmail on everyone, and it wouldn't be wise to not take ten seconds to search.

As they move on the Rangers traveling with Raynard are uneasy. Whispers amongst them reveal that they are on the verge of leaving in the middle of the night. Raynard addresses them. "I know what you're thinking. With Doc Reid dead, what's the point?" Raynard pauses for effect, spitting a bit of tobacco juice between his feet. "Well, I'll tell you what the point is. His legacy. I know most of you pretty close and we all know that the Doc knew his shit when it came to blood suckers. Doc said that if we go up this mountain we could put an end to them once and for all. I myself am inclined to believe that he knew what he was talking about. Don't you? With all that the good Doc did for all of us, completing his life's work is the least we can do for him." He whistles and the two sun dogs come bounding out of the shadows to him. He walks back to his tent to rest for the night the sun dogs following. When he wakes up the men are assembled, ready to press on.
Last edited by Raynard Lucas on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:06 am, edited 10 times in total.
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

It was over.

Vela lay, half curled on the ground, as a gash in her side rapidly healed and closed. It had been made by a hard impact on a jag of rock. From when this 'old one' had struck her with unimaginable force and flung her back. Even now she wasn't sure if it had been something physical like an arm, or something purely mental. She'd struck deep, and at the center of the writhing tendrils of black, soul-eating fog, there had been...

A shape? A voice? A memory? A nightmare?

Something all of those things, but transcending each of them. As if the definitions for those words she'd known before had all fallen short of some unknown true meaning, that she'd glimpsed for only a moment in the heat of battle.

Mark your moments, mother of misery, it had advised, for they are the last for you and all your kind on this world.

However, I am eternal.

Even if she hadn't been nearly unconscious, Vela had found it hard to respond with her jawbone busily reknitting. And then it was gone.

She managed to get back to her feet a minute or two later, testing the newly repaired shins. A chill ran down her back, and she whirled to see Soledad...once a slave of the Dead, now something else...standing there in a puddle of shadow. He said cryptic words, and withdrew. Not so different, perhaps, than this 'XY,' though far less malevolent.

"There she is!"

Someone in her team had spotted her, and soon they were converging. Many hurt, but they'd pulled through. Strange, soft creatures they were, but Vela couldn't help but feel warmed seeing them. Even the 'sun' dog. They felt like a tiny slice of the old human village. A dim reflection of the tribe she'd left behind.

When word got out that Reid was dead, one of her lieutenants left, leaving only Sulannus to command the men aside from Vela herself. There'd been a moment of tension, with some of the soldiers accusing him of leaving the fight...trying to convince him to give loyalty not to one man, but to the cause. He'd seemed torn, then shook his head and left. He'd had enough. In these wars between gods, where even the legends can die, where could a common man find a place?

Vela let him go. Maybe another time she'd have joined in, challenged him, tried to get him to change.

But it was late. She was tired. Her jaw still ached a little. She, and the team, needed a rest.
Rolls: Persuasion fail, lose 1 ranger, gain Arm and a Leg
Persuasion (-2 situation, -1 Charisma) [dice:3gm652wu]42287:0[/dice:3gm652wu] or [dice:3gm652wu]42287:1[/dice:3gm652wu]
Rangers lost: [dice:3gm652wu]42287:2[/dice:3gm652wu]
Special Super Fun (legendary journey) [dice:3gm652wu]42287:3[/dice:3gm652wu] Arm and a Leg
Last edited by Vela on Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Krysesia
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Krysesia »

Legendary Journey (8), Notice 7, and Persuasion 12
Legendary Journey: [dice:2qtdeq4i]42288:0[/dice:2qtdeq4i] - A fate worse than death: Legends say when you try to take out your hero you best not miss because your hero can give as good as he can get. Missing your hero with an attack is worse because he has the ability redirect it right back at you! Chose, throwing, shooting, your arcane background skill, or fighting. Your receive the benefits of the counter attack edge appropriate to the skill chosen and a range that is appropriate for the one being used against you. If you already have counter attack and you choose fighting a second time gain one more use of the edge per round.
[list[Counterspell (Legendary Journey Result): The legend gets a free Spellcasting attack against foes who miss; may not be combined with certain maneuvers and Edges. Once per round (if not Shaken), the character receives one free spellcasting attack to redirect the spell right back at the foe who failed an arcane attack against him. This attack is made at –2, and the Counterspell must be a normal attack. It may be used with the Defend maneuver, but not Full Defense.[/list]
Abandoned (wrong dice) [dice:2qtdeq4i]42288:7[/dice:2qtdeq4i][dice:2qtdeq4i]42288:5[/dice:2qtdeq4i]
Persuasion [dice:2qtdeq4i]42288:1[/dice:2qtdeq4i]+[dice:2qtdeq4i]42288:3[/dice:2qtdeq4i],[dice:2qtdeq4i]42288:2[/dice:2qtdeq4i]+4=12
Notice [dice:2qtdeq4i]42288:6[/dice:2qtdeq4i], [dice:2qtdeq4i]42288:4[/dice:2qtdeq4i]+[dice:2qtdeq4i]42288:8[/dice:2qtdeq4i]
Krys felt her blood run cold as the fog crept her way. She turned every spellcasting trick she could to turn it back, and to her own amazement it worked! A break in the cloud formed and she could see the avatar of the great Old One smile mirthlessly at her. "Well done stripling. We will be watching you. Your skill could be of use to me one day. You will need me." The words caused an involuntary shiver of revulsion and fear in the otherwise implacable Atlantean. And with that, he was gone.

Krys knows she is condemning some to possible death as she closes the gate, but there is little she can do. As she hears the despair in those around her, she pulls herself up to her full height. "This is a war, make no mistake. Doc Reid knew it. He planned for it, he operated you like it, and he organized and trained you for it! He also knew that people die in war, even heroes, even legends, even trusted leaders like himself. That does not stop it. You are not forsaken! You are not beaten! You have faced one of the most horrific beings in the megaverse and survived! You have faced the horror of this place and spat in its face! Rise up my friends, and come rest for a while. Mourn our dead, honor their sacrifice, and make it count! For now though, we rest and heal. Come my friends." She comes and helps straighten up Carter and helps him inside. Even as she is worn down emotionally and physically, she steps through the door with her head high, her back unbent, and her gaze resolute. She must be the inspiration to those around her, and she is keenly aware of it. Such burdens are hers to carry, it would seem.

Serenia moves among the heroes and heals any who were more wounded than what Ashlyn had healed.
Three people get 1 wound back who need it, starting with PCs
Invocation [dice:2qtdeq4i]42288:9[/dice:2qtdeq4i] Healing - 1 wound
Invocation [dice:2qtdeq4i]42288:10[/dice:2qtdeq4i] Healing - 1 wound
Invocation [dice:2qtdeq4i]42288:11[/dice:2qtdeq4i] Healing - 1 wound
Krysesia of Clan Skellian, True Atlantean Shifter
Quick Stats
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 21(10) in armor; Strain: 0
Weapon in hand: Manoan Firebolt Pistol (Ammo: 20/20) or Neptune’s Draining Blade
Bennies, Wounds, and Power Points: Tracked Here
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Persuasion 4
Persuasion: -2 for scene, -4 for wounds and fatigue.
Persuasion die [dice:1zxn6a9y]42292:0[/dice:1zxn6a9y], Ace [dice:1zxn6a9y]42292:3[/dice:1zxn6a9y], Ace [dice:1zxn6a9y]42292:4[/dice:1zxn6a9y],Wild die [dice:1zxn6a9y]42292:1[/dice:1zxn6a9y].
Legendary
Legendary Table: Legendary Journey. [dice:1zxn6a9y]42292:2[/dice:1zxn6a9y]

(3 EP) Blow on the Dice: Move up or down any d20 table roll - 1

World of Badass: Folks to this day still talk about what made you a badass. Your wild die is always a d8.
Grynn frowned at a voice he heard before he entered the gate, as everything seemed to be victorious but at a heavy price. So many fallen lay strewn across the battlefield. It was a great day, but a costly one. The voice, however, was not one he was overly familiar with, though he more felt than heard the tinge of evil to it when it 'spoke' directly in to his mind. "Your determination, your strength of spirit, your compassion - they all do you credit, young hatchling. I sense you have great untapped potential in you. However, you think you have won, but you have only delayed the inevitable. I will crush that potential, break you to my will, and put your power to use for my own ends soon enough! Enjoy it while you can!" Maniacal raspy laughter followed.

He left through the leyline gate, the words still echoing in his thoughts. As they traveled, he heard more and more grumbling and despair from some of the rangers. The Lyn-Srial Mystic came over to him. "The men, they are losing heart. They are losing faith. I fear some of them are not thinking clearly at all." He didn't come right out and say it, but from his words and the way he was eyeing Grynn, it was obvious he wanted Grynn to say something.

Grynn gave a nod and stood tall in his regal form....for all of like 10 seconds before the pain of his wounds made him stoop once more. Nevertheless, he called out to the rangers who had been serving under him. "I know this has been a tough, long and exhausting journey," He pointed at one of his wounds with a slight smile. "Believe me, I know." A slight chuckle rippled through the rangers.

He thought of what he thought Ashlynn or Krys might say but wasn't sure. "Nothing great comes without cost. That has never been truer that today. We must focus on the positive instead of dwelling on the negative. We have made it through without losing a single member of our squad! You are courageous and outstanding! You have so much life left in front of you! Mourn for the lost, yes, but live and live life to the fullest! The vampires are still out there, yes, but they are diminished this day! We can afford to rest and recuperate, and celebrate those who are no longer with us - but celebrate their lives, their deeds, their sacrifices, not their deaths!"

He gave a nod to the men and slowly turned back to trudging towards the inn ahead.
Grynn
Character Summary
Special: Cursed with Awesome (You can reroll a 1 on the wild die - unless it is a crit fail. Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll); Fear (in dragon form); Flight 12 (in dragon form); Impervious to Fire; Infravision; Size +6 (in dragon form); Slow Regeneration; Spirit rolls (+2)
Active effects:

Powers: Bolt, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Invisibility, Light/Obscure, Slumber, Smite

Wounds:

Kir Gloryspirit
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Sitting in in his trance, Kir begins to sweat and the serene look on his face changes to one of surprise and then disgust. Then he opens his eyes and takes a deep breath. He opens his hands, previously clasped in his lap, and looks at the small bauble he now holds.
Detect Arcana 7
Mysticism: [dice:315umd2j]42305:0[/dice:315umd2j] (+1 from Staff)
Wild: [dice:315umd2j]42305:1[/dice:315umd2j]
Wild: [dice:315umd2j]42305:2[/dice:315umd2j]
"Asnir..what have we done? This bauble seems..to be what it is. We do not understand how this can be."

Kir gets up and seeks out his allies and the remaining leaders of the Rangers. He shows them the bauble and says, "Doc Reid has fallen. It has devastated the Rangers' morale, but we believe that we can return him to us. We have been given Doc Reid's soul. We have examined the bauble and it does not seem to be subterfuge. The ritual is not without risks, so we ask that Ashlyn aid us as well as anyone else who knows the rites of resurrection."

"We believe the man to be misguided, but his mission is righteous. His effect upon the rangers is apparent if nothing else. Will you aid us?" Kir asks.
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Persuasion 0, 6 rangers lost

Untrained is 1d4-2, - 2 Scene mod, - 2 Charisma
[dice:2xkp3eqa]42347:0[/dice:2xkp3eqa]
Benny for EE +Elan [dice:2xkp3eqa]42347:1[/dice:2xkp3eqa]
Rangers lost [dice:2xkp3eqa]42347:2[/dice:2xkp3eqa]
EDIT: Forgot a Wild Die earlier. [dice:2xkp3eqa]42347:4[/dice:2xkp3eqa]

Mythic Rifter roll [dice:2xkp3eqa]42347:3[/dice:2xkp3eqa] = Chainsaw of Good: Since Penitent's attacks already count as holy + silver, he now does +4 damage and hits that shake or wound have a 1-in-6 chance of killing outright via celestial light.
Penitent was a little disappointed. He wasn't sure what it took to kill a god, but he was hoping XY would at least show some reaction to the blows he and the Confessor delivered. But aside from the faintly shimmery black blood -- he assumed it was blood -- smeared on Fury's Fang, there was no sign the Old One had felt a thing.

The righteous fight on even when the path is cloaked in darkness, he thinks, wondering whether his final reckoning is at hand.

Then a blue glow flares as Krys opens the ley line gate and Penitent is pulled backward. As XY fades from view, the Old One's words echo in the apok's mind:

"You are a blunt instrument, damned one. Your old life peaks through, no matter how many times you try to burn it away ... the more you run, the faster it comes to catch you."

The Atlantean's spell deposits them high on the cold mountain. Karl appears, inexplicably, wearing a fur-lined parka, but many of the rangers are unprepared and soon begin grumbling. As word spreads of Doc Reid's death, the grumbling turns to despair.

"We will go on without him," Penitent says, matter-of-factly. "He served a role as a figurehead, but truth be told, he seemed mad. I expected to have to put him down myself, and was surprised he controlled himself as long as he did."

The truth of his words is cold comfort to the rangers. As the group marches on toward promised shelter, first one, then another peels off, in search of temporary respite or a cold eternity. Penitent only grunts, his mind on the Old One's parting words. Each must find his own absolution.

Finally, the vaunted Inn appears ahead, a light in the darkness. Penitent urges his remaining men on ahead, accompanied by the sun dogs. Taking Audrey aside, he gestures toward the warmth and the light.

"I have enjoyed walking beside you these recent days, but I would not keep you from a more pleasurable future. The encounter with the Old One has reminded me that I come from darkness and will walk through darkness still, before I emerge into the light -- I would not tie your fate to mine if it can be helped."

The tanned techno-wizard looks into Penitent's face for a long moment before laughing.

"You think you're the only one with sordid backstory and a couple of nasty exes? Come on now, Mr. Chainsaw for Good. Although I do like the doomed poet thing you had going there ... it's much better than that 'Roses are red' bullshit Karl has been writing for you."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

The battle was a horrible thing to experience. The memory of Xy's parting words echo in Ndreare's mind so deeply he cannot forget. He thought he was above such things. But those simple words some how cut so deep. "It was your fault." How could Xy know of something that happened hundreds of thousands of light years from this system. Something on a world that was destroyed and itself pushed into a sun, that was then caused to die.

He was here because he knew the truth. But he denied it, he made other stories or focused on other memories. But somehow Xy knew, he knew exactly what to say, and the mental image that he sent with the words was enough Ndreare knew it was not coincidence.

When the soldier begin discussing their desire to leave Ndreare looks at them. His brother, and Rodney all join in and watch. His simple and clear words cut through the ice and chill enough for the men to think on the topic at hand. "We have worked hard to keep you alive this far, keep you alive when lives could have been wasted for the mission. Do not leave now and toss those lives away, we have much more work that can be done."

Persuasion 19! Not bad for a d4-2
Persuasion d4-2, Charisma +2, Scene -2 = d4-2
Persuasion [dice:1v46jop5]42356:0[/dice:1v46jop5] Ace [dice:1v46jop5]42356:3[/dice:1v46jop5] Ace Aced [dice:1v46jop5]42356:4[/dice:1v46jop5], Aced Ace Aced [dice:1v46jop5]42356:5[/dice:1v46jop5]
Wild Die [dice:1v46jop5]42356:1[/dice:1v46jop5]

It's Personal [dice:1v46jop5]42356:6[/dice:1v46jop5] Added to 12 rolled above

When the topic of the body come up Ndreare is unwilling to negotiate. "He will rise without a soul and only his passion for destroying the world. What I told you before through Rodney was truth. We need to decapitate this corpse with a silver blade, burn the body to ash with magic and bury the ashes desperately.

"Imagine a hoard of Murder Wraiths without any master other than Hate itself, hatred for the living."

Living Legend
The Legend Lives on [dice:1v46jop5]42356:2[/dice:1v46jop5]
Saboteur, Architect, Commando, Agent:
7) It's Personal: It always is personal. Through sheer force of will you trudge on wards even through a hail of railgun fire. Even when there is no hope, you are always reminded of how much succeeding means you. You can add half your spirit die type to your toughness and once per session roll your spirit die type and add it to any roll.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Kir Gloryspirit
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Ndreare objects to the ressurection, and Kir holds up the bauble. He says, "We would not create a mindless undead beast. Asnir would not allow it. As we have said, we have recovered his soul. Are you not a master of the arcane, Ndreare? Examine this bauble."
GM Edit
Added a pic of the Soul Jar
Attachments
Soul Jar
Soul Jar
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ndreare examines the trinket using his true sight, trying to determine its full nature.

Exalted Detect Arcana 11 = Raise
Exalted Detect Arcana (spirit and sight based)
Spirit d10+4, 2 Sight

Spirit [dice:31ba93x9]42372:0[/dice:31ba93x9]
Wild Die [dice:31ba93x9]42372:1[/dice:31ba93x9]
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

SOUL JAR

Where did a mystic get such an item? Even Karl takes a photo while Ndreare and any other look at it. Karl raises his cell phone its new bio wizard eye looking intently at the jar. Karl’s voice cackled in Ndreare’s ear, while the dark elf’s contant companion Rod floats near by its robo sensors and eyes whirling and twirling. “ Where do you think Ansir’s golden boy found that trinket? What someone just put it into his hands while he was sleeping? How do we know that is Doc’s soul anyway?”
Exalted Detect
There is a powerful enchantment put on the jar that conceals its dual part of its arcane nature. On one hand the bauble kir holds forth is a soul. On the other this soul is in a state of perpetual torment. Releasing it from torrment could be good or it could be ill.

Legends in the Kreeghor empire tell of 8 kreeghor heroes born of greatness that took it upon themseleves to right many wrongs in the space lanes. These 8 heroes were able to bind themselves to the soul of a broken, and beaten Kreeghor warrior. Most said the soul they bound themselves too was far too gone, and lost in the well of eternal darkness. However from that warrior came the first Royal Kreeghor. A common enough story told to every child in the kreeghor empire, and even the ritual blood letting is commonly known. Most think it is a story to give people hope, and solidify the supremacy of the Kreeghor might. Could it be true? It could dawn on Ndreare that little is said of the heroes, or superior warrior after its initial creation.

(Feel free to create your own ritual, but it takes 8 heroes and costs them 1 wound each which can only be healed via a natural healing roll)
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn painfully and slowly assumed a smaller form - that of his handsome Hispanic man wearing armor. He walked up to Ashlynn without saying anything and simply enveloped her in a tight hug. He kissed her cheek and said, "Thank you, senorita. Your faith and positive influence are a wonder. I am honored to be at your side."

He walked tiredly over to Kir when he called everyone together. He listened to what the man had to say, but he looked a bit confused and very wary. He listened to Ndreare's response and his head tilted to the side a bit, but then Kir responded again. "You said 'we' recovered his soul. I assume 'you' had nothing to do with it and your....'deity'...provided this? Which you know for certain, and it is not a parting trick from XY, right?"

He shrugged and looked down. "I am...uncomfortable with the thought. The Doctor made me uncomfortable with his words and his methods. He was not a nice person." A heavy sigh. "But I suppose he did accomplish some good."
Grynn
Character Summary
Active effects:

Wounds:

Kir Gloryspirit
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Kir smiles at Grynn and says, “We do not like the man either. His methods left much to be desired. We need the rangers, however, and they need him. There is still much good that he could do if given a second chance and sound guidance.”

Then the mystic frowns when he responds to the dragon’s question, “We did not receive this from Asnir. We sought communion with Asnir, but he did not answer. In fact, it was the first time since being chosen as god-touched that we have ever found ourselves without Asnir’s presence.”

“We do not know exactly who the being was, but it named itself as power incarnate. I agreed to grant it a boon within my power to give which would not hinder our mission or the connection we share with Asnir. Asnir objected to the agreement in the end, but the deal had already been struck. Once I awoke, Reid’s soul was in my hands,” the mystic says.
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

After examining the soul for a brief time Ndreare shares. "This is indeed a soul stored in this trinket. But the soul is tortured and miserable. If freeing it is possible I think we should. But The risks of insanity are extreme to say this least. I am still opposed, but not as opposed."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Zacatecas, Mexico/Witchwell Inn
Night
Round 0

Asnir caught Ashlyn’s attention, asking about resurrecting Doc. “I do not have the power to cast such magic,” she admitted. “Of course, I am willing to help. How did you get his soul?” she asked, frowning with confusion.

Ndreare didn’t like the idea at all.

Grynn came up to Ashlyn in his human form and gave her a hug, which she returned. “Is my honor to fight with you, mighty dragon,” she assured the handsome young man.

“If the soul is in torment, we should release it,” Ashlyn said. “If it is Doc Reid’s soul, I am willing to help restore him. How does this work?”
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Penitent eyes the soul gem suspiciously, going as far as donning his demon mask and giving it a sniff. It lacks the stench of the demonic ... exactly ... but he remains uneasy.

"Release the soul so he may be judged, surely. But I worry what effect his encounter with the Old One's fog would have. He was not entirely stable before."

"I suppose I am in no position to deny a fellow sinner a second chance. If you decide to resurrect him, I will lend my aid in prayer. If it turns out to be folly ... well, I will be nearby with my sword, ready to grant a second death."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

"I do not believe it is the same soul. Only misery and division will come from this effort."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Ndreare wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:43 pm "I do not believe it is the same soul. Only misery and division will come from this effort."
"An argument could be made that a different soul would be an improvement," Penitent says. "Reid was a figure-head before. Another in the same flesh could serve as well, with less bile."
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Adventure Cards:
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Vela yawns and waves a hand negligently.

"Destroy the thing and let him go to the twilight," she opines. Then with a shrug the werejaguar adds, "Or pull him back if you must. What is 'Doc Reid' to me?"
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn looked around slowly at each of his companions. Some had strong opinions on the matter. Some cared barely or not at all. He frowned slightly and hesitantly asked, "So....are we going forward with it? Or no? I am not normally impatient but...I am COLD. So cold my internal flame is not enough to keep me warm! Make a decision and let us get going!"

He looked over at Vela. He sometimes envied her more 'simple' outlook on life. She didn't seem to overthink things, constantly contemplate or complain. She accepted her lot in life and lived it with gusto. He idly wondered if he could shapeshift in to her hybrid form or not. He'd never tried.
Grynn
Character Summary
Active effects:

Wounds:

Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Introspective or not, Vela was alert. She caught the dragonlet's gaze on her and gave him a quizzical look.

"What?"
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn paused, hesitating a bit. Her attentiveness had caught him off-guard, to be honest. He looked down for a second and then shook his head. "I was just...well, I admire you. Maybe I am wrong, but things seem...straight-forward for you. Black and white - I don't mean that you don't see in colors, but more like...good and bad, right and wrong, yes and no. You don't...overthink things." He smiled slightly. "I was just thinking it must be nice to have things be less complicated."

He shrugged his shoulders. "I also was wondering how well I could shapeshift to look like your stunning other forms. Or, well, your panther form, which I guess is actually...your normal form? Or a hybrid between human and panther." He suddenly closed his mouth and looked rueful. "Sorry. Just idle thoughts. I'll shut up now."
Grynn
Character Summary
Active effects:

Wounds:

Kir Gloryspirit
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

"With the blessing of a God, many of you would object to giving a man, somewhat misguided or not, with a worthy cause a chance to do right? Very well," Kir shakes his head disgust.

The mystic takes the souljar, tosses it to Ndreare and walks off towards the Witchwell, saying, "That soul was acquired through great cost. Do with it what you will."
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Looking into the Soul Jar and thinking on it Ndreare puts his mind to work. There must be a way to free the soul from this torment without risking the lives of others.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Vela
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Vela »

Grynn wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:33 pm Grynn paused, hesitating a bit. Her attentiveness had caught him off-guard, to be honest. He looked down for a second and then shook his head. "I was just...well, I admire you. Maybe I am wrong, but things seem...straight-forward for you. Black and white - I don't mean that you don't see in colors, but more like...good and bad, right and wrong, yes and no. You don't...overthink things." He smiled slightly. "I was just thinking it must be nice to have things be less complicated."

He shrugged his shoulders. "I also was wondering how well I could shapeshift to look like your stunning other forms. Or, well, your panther form, which I guess is actually...your normal form? Or a hybrid between human and panther." He suddenly closed his mouth and looked rueful. "Sorry. Just idle thoughts. I'll shut up now."
Vela broke into a lazy smile.

"The dragon is shy." She goes over and peers up at Grynn curiously. "I do see colors...but I am not distracted by them. Many people, they are like birds. They move constantly and each thing they do gets in the way of what they were doing before. Oh, I want a drink. But there is a seed. Oh no, something big is getting too close."

The werejaguar taps her cheek under her left eye. "A cat sees, but there is focus. The things in the world are surrounded by bright lights and clanging noise, trying to hide themselves. See what is useless. Ignore that. See the heart of things. That is what I...try...to do."

The word 'try' comes out with hesitation, and a certain wryness, a self-correction.

"As for what you can become...I do not know your limits. My true form is the Jaguar Person. Like jaguar that stands and walks."
Character Cheat Sheet
Vela
Human

Jaguar

Hybrid

Combat Edges:
Grynn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Grynn »

Grynn's lips quirked slightly in the start of an embarrassed smile and he looked down, but shook his head. "Not...shy, exactly. I am learning to be more...cautious. I do not want to overstep myself with you is all." He liked Vela, as a friend, and wanted to keep her friendship. She had valuable insights in to the world from a completely different perspective from the rest of his friends.

He leaned forward slightly to listen to Vela when she replied to him. He frowned but she had some good points. Even himself, he could be over-eager and easily excitable - but then he really WAS a child still. "Are you sure? I have seen some cats easily distracted and trying to grab a light shined on a wall." He smiled to let her know he was joking mostly.

He gave her a nod. "I could become a jaguar. I am not certain about the humanoid form, but maybe. If not now, then at some point. It is a beautiful graceful form." He said it as a compliment didn't specify her form. He wasn't sure he wanted to compliment her directly.

He gave her a nod. "Thank you for your insight."
Grynn
Character Summary
Active effects:

Wounds:

Return to “Chronicles of the Vampire Kingdoms”