7.2 Catacombs of Zacatacus: Thoth’s Hold (RP)

Heroes of the Vampire Kingdoms
GM: Pender Lumkiss
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

7.2 Catacombs of Zacatacus: Thoth’s Hold (RP)

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Inspirational Doom

Gretta tugs at Hans’ armor pointing to Asnir and The Scribe. Weakly and unsure of her purpose here she says, ”Hans we have to help them.”

Asnir still lays motionless under the weights of inspirational words the heroes laid at his feet. The Scribe grimaces still unable to fully stand. Her voice is no more than a whisper, ” Thank you... Thank you all for your words. We heard them well.” She grips Asnir’s hand and with her other shakily points to a narrow split in the catacombs wall. Beyond it all you can see is the warm glow of fire, ” There... That is where you must head. We are unable... I don’t know if you can make it to the sourcing stone... The pinnacle of the vampire’s power that plagues Zacatecas. Greta is the...” She clutches her side as a fresh wound opens staining the black rock even further.

Karl pokes his out of his celetial cellphone shaking his head at the two gods brough low, ”Deathspike says they are done for. Looks like vegas has their odds at... Nil.” The imp chuckles looking at Mercy, ” Bad odds even for a crazy like you eh?

Rodney beeps and boops, hovering near, ” I have ran the calculations myself... There survival and our survival is not good.”

Audry beats anyone to it but first replaces Penitents mask. The fire in her eyes is both breath taking and feirce, ” Didn’t you dolts listen to anything they said?” She points to Architect, Pen, Ndreare, Mercy, Ashlyn, Brody, Kir, and Finally Hans. ”They can do it, they have never been beaten not because they are particularly skilled or they are increadably powerful.” She shakes with such fury her voice caught in her throat.

The enforcer steps forward hefting his double bladed halbeard with ease in one hand, ” They believe... They have always believed and that is what carries them.”

Penny squeezes Brody’s hand inspired, and Tera Silverforge nods grasping Yodh’s shoulder. The legendary TW dwarve smiles and says, ” Thad’s right they da believe and so will we.”

Yodh nods grimly able to see the forces chattering in the darkness. He smiles, ” I believe as well. The time draws near when we must test our true mettle. I am glad to do so will all of you.”

Even the silent Grackletooth ranger Mitch flexes his muscles twirling his tri-pronged wooden vampire scewering trident, ” We got this.”

Ashlyn’s dog yips loudly and rapidly drawing the heroes attention to the vampires clad strangly in coalition armor waiting for them at the edge of the Mark IV bright UV lights.

Rodney beeps, ”Ah... It seems I mis translated...”

Fear Check
None. Those of you without Arcane sight can see that the Scribe has let her life’s blood soak the ground so that it has become in effect a holy place giving the heroes enough of a shield to not freak out.
A prelude to death or hope.

A dark shadow over takes the group assembled blotting out the lights of the vehicle (Door Ajar!). In the middle of the shadow which dissipates a dark figure emerges clad in a matted black armor like a knight of old. Its like he is there and yet not there. Ancient as time itself the vestige of XY walks amongst you! He cackles making the air cold and vile, ” Yes droid... You mis translated. That Dog has been nothing but trouble.” Xy cackles slightly pausing to pet the clearly angry dog. ”While I have been asleep... I am now but moments from fully waking. Only a giant ogre deep in my consciousness is preventing my rise. But the warlocks and witches of my following will soon deal with him. I have never felt so unopposed, so powerful.” The black knight bends low petting Ashlyn’s white scruffy dog, ”How long have you been trapped like that Thoth?”. Yip Yip! The knight shakes the cavern in his laughter.

Suddenly, The celestial human, the enforcer leaps at him swinging his bladed halberd which glows bright with the power of good and hope. Xy catches the mighty godling with his armored hand and snaps its neck in a motion that one would call akin to a boot stepping on an ant. The enforcer falls to the ground his soft blue eyes looking yet no longer seeing. His weapons clatters silently near his unmoving hand. XY looks at the assembled heroes, and steps over Asnir and The Scribe as he spreads his hands wide, ”Anyone else? No? Mercy... I hear you come looking for someone you lost? Best me and I will give her to you...” The vampires hiss in the dark laughing.

The knighted Xy extends an armored finger towards the little dwarven girl,” Give the dwarven child over to me and I will aid you in extinguishing not just the vampires you fight here but on the entire planet. Even the entire megaverse.” Like a father beaconing his kid he kneels waving Han’s sister Gretta to him, ”Come child... Come... I know why you are here.”

A time for aid or distraction.

Yodh slips his silver dagger into his hand and nods siliently to Ndreare, ” I am with you brother. An evil like this—“ Yodh’s throat starts to bleed as if cut by an invisible blade of malice itself. Xy’s eyes blaze, ”Shhhhhh.... Lets not fight just yet.” Yodh clutches his throat using what healing skill he has supported by the stricken taylor thomas whom pulls out a spider like looking biowizard empathic healer. It would appear Ndreare’s brother is still breathing but stuned at the power Xy almost awakened perhaps rightfully has.

Tera Silverforge comms the group with her thick dwarven accent clearly shaken by the creatures actions, ”Ladies I am not sure ye and I coulda take this being... Xy wouldda be an old one. Da Oldest I believe... We da need dose Gods back in da fight. Mercy donta believe him. We’ll get ya Jessica back the right way.”

Behind Xy, Asnir’s eyes fill with life, as the words previously spoken have finally sunk in and moved his failed heart. He extends his right hand to the heroes and those willing can feel a tug on their life essence. In their minds they hear softly and yet firmly the voice of the divine, ” True Believers... We have to drive this arrogant force back into the ethereal... I can’t do it alone... Please lend me your eternal life.”

Melody one of Kir’s acolytes and a brown haired beauty collapses suddenly as she gives to her god fully. Xy’s red blazing eyes fixate for a moment on her clearly surprised by her fall but before the terrible 12 foot knight could question further Penny steps forward still clutching Brody’s hand.

Her words need support from the psi ghost as she trys to draw the attention of the eldest of old ones. ”We will defeat you monster. I heard their tales and know you stand no chance.” Despite the beads of sweat dripping down her bangs the Old One’s black knight form turns its frightening gaze towards her.

Players got a choice here. Choose one of the dramatic tasks.

Task 1 life essence!
Make an arcane skill roll and deduct 1/4 ppts. You can deduct 1/2 for a +2 roll. You can also take a level of fatigue for a +2 roll. Two levels of fatigue for a +4. A raise on this roll gets a HJ roll of choice on either the psionics or magic and mysticism table.

5 successes are needed.

Task 2, distract Xy! Use a social skill, intimidate, taunt at -2. Combat skills like fighting or arcane can be used but incur 1d4 wounds as XY takes that opportunity to mercilessly strike you down. Raise on this roll will get you a roll on the black ops or experience and wisdom table.

5 successes needed.

If both are made it will give the players a chance to reroll the snafu result they are in. Basically Asnir will have a chance to take his fight back into the ethereal plane giving the heroes a better chance.

Uhhh GM what happens if Hans gives over his sister? XY will battle on the side of the heroes. +8 for your last leg of the journey and I suspect he may give you each two F and G rolls player may roll or choose.

Dude we do not need any help... Ok just fail the two tasks and we will move on.

GM I heal quickly: any natural healing rolls that are 1 hour or better can be made at this time.

Player Tracker...
Architect: 1/2 PPE used, 1 wound from round 1, 1 fatigue and 2 wounds from round 2( 1 fatigue, 3 wounds)
Brody: 1/2 PPE used, 1 wound from round 1, 1 wound round 2(2 wounds)
Ashlyn: 1/4 PPTs used
Hans: 1/2 PPE used (4 gagets used)
Pen: 9/20 PPE used
Ndreare: 1/2 PPE used
Kir: 1 wound, and at 1/2 PPT ( take a benny)
Mercy: welcome to the fight...
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Re: 7.2 Catacombs of Zacatacus: The final battle.

Post by Hondo »

Xy catches the mighty godling with his armored hand and snaps its neck in a motion that one would call akin to a boot stepping on an ant. The enforcer falls to the ground his soft blue eyes looking yet no longer seeing. His weapons clatters silently near his unmoving hand. XY looks at the assembled heroes, and steps over Asnir and The Scribe as he spreads his hands wide, ”Anyone else? No? Mercy... I hear you come looking for someone you lost? Best me and I will give her to you...” The vampires hiss in the dark laughing.

Tera Silverforge comms the group with her thick dwarven accent clearly shaken by the creatures actions, ”Ladies I am not sure ye and I coulda take this being... Xy wouldda be an old one. Da Oldest I believe... We da need dose Gods back in da fight. Mercy donta believe him. We’ll get ya Jessica back the right way.”
Task 2, distract Xy! Use a social skill, intimidate, taunt at -2. Combat skills like fighting or arcane can be used but incur 1d4 wounds as XY takes that opportunity to mercilessly strike you down. Raise on this roll will get you a roll on the black ops or experience and wisdom table.

5 successes needed.

Mercy's Skill: Persuasion d6 vs XY?
PERSUADE = 14
[dice:2yw1vs5x]53251:2[/dice:2yw1vs5x]
WD [dice:2yw1vs5x]53251:3[/dice:2yw1vs5x] exploded [dice:2yw1vs5x]53251:1[/dice:2yw1vs5x] exploded [dice:2yw1vs5x]53251:0[/dice:2yw1vs5x]
Raise on this roll will get you a roll on the black ops or experience and wisdom table: [dice:2yw1vs5x]53251:4[/dice:2yw1vs5x] = Your hero knows how to make the most of just such a moment; choose either the
Dead Shot, Mighty Blow, or Power Surge Edge (regardless of requirements).

NARRATIVE:

Hearing XY, Mercy’s forever sunshine smile falters and she whimpers, "Give me back my Jessica..." Then louder, "You will not take another girl, I won't let you have the drawf sister! I will die before that happens! HAHAHAHHAHAHA XYBoi you better watch out, 'cause I am already dead and risen, immortal and with the power of the ancients of the Yousa!"

Looking intense Mercy steps forward, closer to XY and angling herself to be in front of Han's sister.

"Nothing here for you...You shall not pass!"

Laughing hysterically Mercy starts hiccuping and keeps her gaze on XY.

--- a moment of clarity and quietly, "Damn you're cute dwarf when you defend your sister." --- and then the eruption of hysterical laughter again.

Yousa = USA
Architect

Post by Architect »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:18 am Gretta tugs at Hans’ armor pointing to Asnir and The Scribe. Weakly and unsure of her purpose here she says, ”Hans we have to help them.”
For the first time Architect lays eyes on the young dwarf named Gretta. As she tugs on her brother's armor, Architect can feel his heart strings being tugged on. [/b]
Loyal Hindrance
Architect may have developed a new hindrance for consideration. Maybe it should be a Vow. Defender of Humanity.
It pains him that anyone should have to die to bring about a shift in the eternal power play, especially now. Suffering. Death. Deceit. All of them are present here and linger menancingly.
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:18 am Suddenly, The celestial human, the enforcer leaps at him swinging his bladed halberd which glows bright with the power of good and hope. Xy catches the mighty godling with his armored hand and snaps its neck in a motion that one would call akin to a boot stepping on an ant. The enforcer falls to the ground his soft blue eyes looking yet no longer seeing. His weapons clatters silently near his unmoving hand. XY looks at the assembled heroes, and steps over Asnir and The Scribe as he spreads his hands wide, ”Anyone else? No? Mercy... I hear you come looking for someone you lost? Best me and I will give her to you...” The vampires hiss in the dark laughing.
Architect is torn from his requiem of the soon to be lost as he sees the enforcer, be the enforcer. Taking the blow from XY and never waivering.Architect takes courage and hope from the enforcer's actions.

Moving with incredible speed, Architect morphs into a fast moving cloud and gets in front of the Avatar of the Ancient One. Transforming into the noble figure,the oriental warrior,
"Sacrifice has its own rewards. Those who have given before have done so with the promise that in the future, their sacrifices would be honored and rewarded a hundred fold. Be careful what you mock and make light of." Then just as quickly, he morphs and returns to the circle enscribed by the Scribe with her blood.
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:18 am The knighted Xy extends an armored finger towards the little dwarven girl,” Give the dwarven child over to me and I will aid you in extinguishing not just the vampires you fight here but on the entire planet. Even the entire megaverse.” Like a father beaconing his kid he kneels waving Han’s sister Gretta to him, ”Come child... Come... I know why you are here.”
Architect in his dragon form, takes up a position near the child blocking her view of XY. "Dear Gretta, I am Architect. Though I have been called forth by Asnir and tasked by the Scribe, I will do everything in my power to help you do what you want to or you feel you need to do."
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:18 am Behind Xy, Asnir’s eyes fill with life, as the words previously spoken have finally sunk in and moved his failed heart. He extends his right hand to the heroes and those willing can feel a tug on their life essence. In their minds they hear softly and yet firmly the voice of the divine, ” True Believers... We have to drive this arrogant force back into the ethereal... I can’t do it alone... Please lend me your eternal life.”
"It is already given. For humanity and life and light of this world, it is already done."

I Choose You Charizard! _
[Task 1]
+4 Bonus
  • Fatigue +1 (2 total)
  • All In (PPE Expended)
-4 [1 previous fatigue, 3 previous wounds]
Hindrance Loyalty (+1 Benny)

[Alchemy 6]
  • Alchemy [dice:hwoc16xy]53256:0[/dice:hwoc16xy]
  • Wild [dice:hwoc16xy]53256:1[/dice:hwoc16xy]
    Loyalty Benny for Extra Effort
  • Extra Effort [dice:hwoc16xy]53256:2[/dice:hwoc16xy]
Psionic Table
[*] Roll [dice:hwoc16xy]53256:3[/dice:hwoc16xy]
Many psionics strive for a level of enlightenment that transcends matters physical, focusing ever more energy and effort via their will. Your hero is able to spend a Benny to use her Spirit in place of any other Trait roll for a round.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Charisma: -- || Pace: 6 (1d6) || Parry: 4 || Toughness: 5 [6 (11)] || Strain: --
ISP: 20/20
Wounds: None || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges: None
Relevant Edges: None
Bennies: 4/4
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Active effects: None
Parry: 4 (+2 to normal sized attackers rolls to hit me)
Toughness: 34(16) / 11(4) in humanoid form
Notable Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics)
Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.
  • Enchanted Demon Bracers +3 Parry
Charisma: -2 (Socially Awkward Youth)
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | ISP: 10/10 | PPE: 10/00

Bennies: 5/5
Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Task 1 - Life Essence
TW (+2 due Machine Maestro, +2 for spending 1/2 (All remaining) PPE, +2 for 1 level of Fatigue = +6)
  • TW: [dice:1ihswffi]53261:0[/dice:1ihswffi]
    Wild: [dice:1ihswffi]53261:1[/dice:1ihswffi]
    • Extra Effort: [dice:1ihswffi]53261:2[/dice:1ihswffi] (Elan)
    Result: 14 - Success with 2 Raises.
    • Magic and Mysticism HJ Roll: [dice:1ihswffi]53261:3[/dice:1ihswffi]
      • (3 EP) Blow on the Dice: Move up or down any d20 table roll; +/- 1 ===> 19
        • You may choose any one of the previous results
          • 1 or 4-7: He gains +5 PPE to his Base.
Using his Mithril Band of Healing as a conduit, Hans starts pushing his internal power towards Asnir. More and more power flows from Hans through the conduit of his ring towards the stricken God until his internal reserves are empty. Looking over at his sister, Hans pushes more, drawing from reserves he did not even know he had. Staggering for a bit, Hans wipes the cold sweat the extreme effort he exerted before he can compose himself, his head aching from the manaburn he inflicted upon himself.

"I have sent Asnir as much as I can, even more than I thought I had left, Gretel. It will take me some time to fully recover, but I have done as much as I could to help him. I just hope my friend, the big guy, can hold out against XY's warlocks and witches long enough for us to help put XY down. I won't let XY get you, Gretel. We will get you out of here and back to the rest of our family."

"XY, We will NOT be giving you my sister. I will fight you to my dying breath before I let you take her."
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Wed May 08, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 5 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 5 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 1 /6
Created Gadgets:
Arcane Protection (6 PPE left)
Remote Viewing (6 PPE left)
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Bennies: 1 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Fear against Vithen Wraiths
-1 to Reroll Arcana to Find Geist among Mirror Selves

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Task 1 5/5 successes
Task 2 0/5 successes

Melody Kir’s friend and ally. A woman who killed her brother who had been turned by the vampires. The brown haired acolyte of Asnir groans on the floor. She whispers softly crying, ” Don’t let him take her... Asnir take everything.” She breathes one last breath and her eyes glaze over as her heart stops and life passes planes.

+1 success for the heroes. You are welcome!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Brody Conrey

Post by Brody Conrey »

+2 for the task
OOC Comments
Psi
[dice:59qxo4nb]53266:0[/dice:59qxo4nb] Aced [dice:59qxo4nb]53266:2[/dice:59qxo4nb]-2 (wounds)
Wild
[dice:59qxo4nb]53266:1[/dice:59qxo4nb]

Black Ops

Wounds [dice:59qxo4nb]53266:3[/dice:59qxo4nb]
Soak8
[dice:59qxo4nb]53266:4[/dice:59qxo4nb] (1 EP) Twist of Fate: To add +4 to any Trait or Skill Roll (must be declared before rolling)
Benny for Extra Effort -2 for the 2 Previous wounds
[dice:59qxo4nb]53266:5[/dice:59qxo4nb]
Soaked 2 Wounds
Total wounds now 3
Melody one of Kir’s acolytes and a brown haired beauty collapses suddenly as she gives to her god fully. Xy’s red blazing eyes fixate for a moment on her clearly surprised by her fall but before the terrible 12 foot knight could question further Penny steps forward still clutching Brody’s hand.

Her words need support from the psi ghost as she tries to draw the attention of the eldest of old ones. ”We will defeat you monster. I heard their tales and know you stand no chance.” Despite the beads of sweat dripping down her bangs the Old One’s black knight form turns its frightening gaze towards her.
Brody, the one who tries to avoid fights at all cost , Sees Penny step forward! Challenging this old evil one. He thinks "Penny no, don't put yourself in harms way, I am afraid. I can't lose another so early. I must be cursed, to see so much. I am a thief, my life should be borrowing and redistributing others wealth. I wasn't supposed to stand up to the evil of the world, but that was not meant to be. I will stand up and defend those who can't. Father Asnir, I am A Ghost of Psyscape, I will be here to strike down evil for all who can't be here to help or help others to drive the evil from anywhere."

As the demon reaches for the beautiful Penny, Brody steps between Penny and the Demon and swings. Whisper, the Sword flares with sunlight as does the Phoenix hovering around Brody and Penny. The sword strikes true as Penny steps forward to to strike at the fiend.

The Fiend reacts violently, He strikes Brody, but Brody rolls with the blow, and gets up. He is hurt, but he knows, he needs to get up and encourage the others. He speaks up, "Dang Xy you do swing a mean weapon, I'll grant you that.."

Penny falls back to his side again. The Phoenix flies around squawking and dodging to and fro.

Brody recalls he isn't here to win this battle. He is here to distract and gain time for the others, a second here and there might mean the difference between a win or a lost. He also remembers he has to be able to move with Archie. He sends a message to Arch. "Archie I am hurt pretty bad. I might need you to carry me. I know we are both hurt ."
Brody Conrey
Brody's Sheet

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=2799
Brody Conrey,
OOC Comments
Psi Ghost from Psyscape.

Description: 6’ 2” Healthy, regular looking 19-year-old, athletic male. Blue Eyes, Blonde with a tint of red hair close cut. Wears CS armor, CA 7.
Stays in the background, (No he isn’t a front-line fighter, He is a thief.) Keeps Secrets. He is from Psyscape and will report back to them and also Elle the Owl at the Castle. He will gather extra funds, He is a thief but not from his team mates. Will gamble using his ability to read if the person is lying?

Conditions:
PP 35/35

Bennys: 3+1

Adventure Deck: 2019
Novice: 1d52 = 42: 42
Aced
Play instead of rolling to make a
trait test with a single automatic
raise.

EP Aventure Card
Power Points."Immediately recover all spent
1d54 = 36: 36

POWERS (has Mega powers of each due to Master Edge)
OOC Comments
ARMOR: Rank: Novice Power Points: 2 Range: Touch Duration: 3 (1/round) Telepathy. GREATER ARMOR Power Points: 5 Range: Touch Duration: 3 (1/round) Success grants +5 M.D.C. Armor, a raise grants +10.

HAVOC:Rank: Seasoned Power Points: 2–4 Range: Smarts×2 Duration: Instan GREATER HAVOC Power Points: +2 Range: Smarts×3 Duration: Instant

SMITE: (has auto raise) Rank: Novice Power Points: 2 Range: Touch Duration: 3 (1/round)
GREATER SMITE: Power Points: 4 Range: Touch Duration: 3 (1/round)

TELEKINESIS Rank: Seasoned Power Points: 5 Range: Smarts Duration: 3 (1/round) EXALTED TELEKINESIS Power Points: 10 Range: Smarts×2 Duration: 3 (1/round)

TELEPORT Rank: Seasoned Range Power Points: 3+: Special Duration: Instant GREATER TELEPORTPower Points: 5+ Range: Special Duration: Instant.

DETECT ARCANE at will:: Novice Power Points: 2 Range: Sight Duration: 3 (1/round) or 1 hour (1/hour) EXALTED DETECT/CONCEAL ARCANAPower Points: 4 Range: Sight Duration: 3 (1/round) or 1 hour (1/hour) This Mega Power effect can be used by Masters of Magic who have detect arcana at will. They must spend 2 Power Points to use it. Using exalted conceal arcana means the caster is −2 (or −4 with a raise) to be seen or found with clairvoyance or divination
Ghosting as an action no PP.

• Psychic awareness leads many to the ability to sense the feelings of others. This empathy allows your psionic to determine the general emotional state of another being within Smarts range by making an opposed Spirit check. On a raise, she can tell if another character is lying or being evasive in a conversation
• He always gets a strange tingling in the back of her neck when things are about to go all pear-shaped. She’s seen enough trouble to know when it’s coming. Your character has the Danger Sense Edge.
ITEMS
OOC Comments
CA-7 Special Forces Heavy “Dead Boy” Body Armor:
+8 Armor.
+2 Toughness
Strength: no min
Environmental Protection: yes
Weight: 20 lbs
Weapons:
Vibroknives on the forearms (Str+d6, AP 4, Mega Damage)
Garrote wire connected to the left wrist (Str+d4, must follow successful Grapple with a raise).

NG-33 Laser Pistol
Range: 15/30/60
Damage: 2d4+1, AP 2
RoF: 1
Shots: 20
Weight: 4 lbs
Notes: Semi-Auto

Thieves Toolkit
Sword "Whisper"
Credits: 1300
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Persuasion 4; 1 Success
-2 difficulty
Persuasion [dice:v6jtv54w]53411:0[/dice:v6jtv54w]
Wild [dice:v6jtv54w]53411:1[/dice:v6jtv54w]
Benny for EE [dice:v6jtv54w]53411:2[/dice:v6jtv54w]
Zacatecas, Mexico/Under the castle
Night
Round 0

Ashlyn stepped forward, placing herself between XY and the dwarven girl.

“What need have you of a simple dwarven child?” Ashlyn asked. “What is special about her? Would you rather not have the life of one bathed in the Light of Goodness itself? Take me instead.”
Character Tracker
Champion (+2 Damage, +2 Toughness)
Remember Blanca (WC; d8 all attributes, Strength d12+4)
Ashlyn Alvarez Character Sheet
Parry: 8; Toughness: Melee: 18 (9)/Range: 22 (13) + 2 vs supernatural evil
Encumbered: -2 to Str and Agi related rolls
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
Whenever you cast a spell with a Raise, reduce the PPE cost by 1 (min 0)
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
Dodge: -1 to be hit by ranged attacks
Champion: +2 damage and Toughness vs. supernatural evil
Nerves of Steel: Ignore 1 point of Wound penalties
All Thumbs: When roll a 1 on Trait die while using tech, the device breaks.
Brave: +2 Fear tests
PPE: 15/25
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
ISP: 18/25
  • Telekinesis, Mind Reading, Puppet
Shield: 7/10 PPE
  • Deflection
Wand: 7/10 PPE
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Bennies: 0/4
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

OOC Comments
Spellcasting d12+5
Spellcasting [dice:2x0t19yy]53448:0[/dice:2x0t19yy]
Wild [dice:2x0t19yy]53448:1[/dice:2x0t19yy]

Magic and Mysticism [dice:2x0t19yy]53448:2[/dice:2x0t19yy]
Often, one crisis is quickly followed by another, and your caster needs to get his energy back quickly. He has the Rapid Recharge Edge, or Improved Rapid Recharge if he already has the former.
When Yohd grabs at his throat Ndreare jumps, but Tyler Thomas was there first providing a higher level of care than Ndreare would be capable of himself. "What help can I be without getting in your way?" Learning he would only be in the way of the master healer Ndreare backs off. Then turning to Asnir he says take what is needed and uses his own arcane skills to assist Asnir in his absorption.

Ndreare saw no point is speaking to Xy, the creature was to powerful and arrogant to give any real weight to their words. Instead focusing on Rodney. "You know what we need to do, but are you prepared?" Receiving the affirmative from Rodney, Ndreare knows from here the challenges will get stronger and harder to deal with.

Then moving to protect the Girl he likewise puts himself between the girl and the threats laying his hand on her for comfort and in a low voice he says so only she can hear. "Worry not child, we will do all we can to protect you."
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status
Parry: 9
Toughness: 22 (8)
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2
PPE: 27 of 35 base 20 without gear

Gear Charges:
  • Amulet of the Archmage: 0/5
  • Abrandis’ Honorblade PPE: 10/10
  • Night's Kiss PPE: 0/10
  • T.W.-B.A.G.: 5/5
  • Wilk's 237: 16/16 x2
  • Wilks 447: 20/20 x2

Current effects:
  • Armor Features Activated

Bennies: 4 +1 Red Benny (Roll d10 extra effort, or reroll with a d10 wild die)
  • +5 Quarterly Reset + Great Luck.
    +1 Benny for some outstanding RP!
    +1 From GM for Art of Maker.
    -1 For Vigor Roll to Soak critical failure wound.
    +1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.
    -2 Interfere with Rifts rerolled twice.

Adventure Cards
Special GM removed, need interlude to obtain
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Spoon Fed Edition
Xy blackened helmed head erupted in dark flames from an otherworldly abyss. He thwapped his sword in the air removing the blood of the resolute who had tried to attack him. His voice seethed as he approached the group, ”The insolence of heros is something I had long forgotten! Do you even understand the dwarven child’s purpose? I gave you a fair offer. You Mystic, Ashlyn no? Not nearly the bargain I was going for.” He reached a horrid gauntlet toward the mystic, ”But a bargin I accept. My bride...”

From behind the most evil of all old ones Asnir flared up in a brilliant warm bathing light! The divine being had retaken his feet and grabbed the old one from behind. Asnir’s voice was bright and bold, a far cry from minutes before when he was laid low, ”No! No bargain will be made except one that returns you back from whence you came!”

A flash of light and both are removed from the mortal plane. With sight of the arcane they could be seen once again fighting in an ethereal higher plane high above the heads of the resolute. Only this time it seemed like Asnir had the advantage and was refreshed full of vigor as he swung his mighty blade.

The enemy vampires bore down on the heroes in numbers insurmountable an unabated. Despite their already innumerable losses the wild vampires, cursed secondaries, Lord Ruthvan, and a demonic familiar came at them with unrelenting passion.

Yodh, a bounty hunter of the stars and dark elven brother of Ndreare, yelled at the heroes as they approached the gap, ”There are too many Ndreare! We must find another way!” He ducked under a vampire wearing a CS dead boy armor (no helm) trying to hit him with a vibro sword. Then thrusted a pair of silver daggers into the vampire’s neck severing its head!

The newly minted Apok, once a daughter of del rio but now a nightmare for true evil countered, ” Nay! Stay the course. To the gap, we must not let our opportunity slip thru our hands!” She launched a blast of celestial fire into the vampire horde persuing dusting several, but several more stepped forward to take there place. Despite Yodh and the Confessor’s bickering only one way was possible. This was the last gasp to get through the Chasm!
E12CEA37-D9A0-4EE1-ADF7-022FFF964593.jpeg

They were legends!

Erin Tarin whom penned the chronicles of the vampires wrote at length of the heroic last stand the myriad and ecletic group of allies that had joined the Resolute heroes made.

With the elder one vanished with his divine adversary the group of heroes were left not alone but in the clutches of countless numbers of howling vampires and a demon familiar who was but the toe hold into our plane for its true master: a vampire intelligence. A gap in the hewed cavern wall shown only flame beyond and the lady of the celestial courts bayed the heroes onward in the vain hope they could eventually make it through the fires of hell. The vampire’s swarmed the heroes as they made for the gap, and the demon familiar along with cursed vampires would had surely cut them off from making it had the Resolute heroes been alone. Fortunately these heroes were not alone. Their allies held the line.

Holding the line
Taylor Thomas, a boy by human standards and probably wishing for his comfy lab, tripped against a rocky outcrop not more than 50 feet from the chasms gap. ”Argghhh... My ankle!” The vampires almost immidiately pounced on him, but a blast of silver railgun fire spurned them back briefly.

Tera Silverforge, a legendary TW known North America over as the cheif TW at the tomorrow legion, knelt next to him as she checked the ankle of her apprentice and fired off a few more rounds holding a bit of the horde back. She yelled, ”Dannot worry about us! Ndreare, Pen get the others thru!”

Nestor Callis swung his hat low and kissed Ashlyn on the cheek, his hands were on fire as he quickly burned any decapitated vampire, ”Mi amor, cuando pienses en el fuego ... Piensa en mí.” He ran quickly to Terra’s side lighting vampire after vampire on fire as the techno wizard dwarf railed them down.

Nearly at the gap, at Penitant’s side the Apok Confessor weilding a glowing silver blade stopped suddenly seeing some of the group stopping. She swore, ”Fools!!” Then kicked a vampire aside with a high heel with a wooden spike! She shook her head and told Penitent, ” I’ll see you on the other side Penitent. The mountain never breaks!” With a few bounds she was next to Nestor and Tera just as the vampires resurged. The three of them plus even a hurt Taylor Thomas gave them as good as they got creating a small stop gap.

Yodh raised an eye and tapped Mitch nodding towards the four holding the line. Mitch sighed inwardly. He was a big grackle, a beautiful grackle, and hoped to see his family one day. ” Hans... Get your sister thru. I got your back.” Both he and Yodh ran back to the small group wielding their weapons. Yodh a pair of silver knives and Mitch a four pronged wooden vampire sticking halbeard.

The vampires surged again, this time cursed secondaries wearing silver medallions led the way snarling gleefully thanks to their seemingly invulnerabilities to normal vampire weakness. The now six allies of the heroes stood their ground! Yodh dropped one dagger as his left hand was struck hard by a vicious blade. Tara pulled out a water missile launcher, and Taylor Thomas found himself bleeding from the leg. Still those the heroes held their ground only pushed back ten feet.

At the gap near the rock wall Penny hugged Brody’s with strength she has never felt before. Her eyes were moist and gleaming in the fire coming from the far end of the chasm. She pushed Brody onward and mouthed something that resembles elephant juice. A woman possessed she turns away from the chasm and lends her strength to the allies holding the line.

Yip yip! A small white Dog pulled on Ashlyn’s leg almost dragging her into the chasm’s narrow hole. The dog looked up at Ashlyn and weirdly smiled as if to say its ok to say good bye. Yip yip! The small white dog joined the now seven allies making it 8 as the wild ones surge again driving the heroes back another 10 feet. As if one or maybe all they cry in their own way, ”Go! Go now!”

Karl, the sweet boy, the imp striving to be better had long stowed his cell phone. His hands held his mighty battle fury blade gleaming with holy light. He cried slashing at the vampires able to make it passed the brave allies holding the line. He cried to Penitent full of pain, ” Pappa! Pappa!” Nothing physical was wrong besides tired muscles and the occasional nick and cut, his cry was one of pure emotion for the sweet boy loved his father. He wiped something out of his eyes and punched a vampire thru the heart removing it as he simultaneously morphed into a full celestial winged Brodkill. Almost looking like a demon angel love child the grown Karl sliced another vampire in twain. ” Poppa... I will... Never forget!” The full sized Brodkill sprouting angelic glowing wings flew to the gang of allies not more than 30 feet from the gap crashing into a pile of vampires bathing them in holy burning light.
In the gap the heat from the end of the chasm was impressive. The small dwarven child grabbed Hans’ arm, quietly she said, ”I am afraid brother... Those heroes out there what are they doing?” She paused clearly afraid of her part in all this, ” What was I thinking when I stepped through the portal?”

Near Greta the rock wall shifted and the golden hair scribe of the celestial court walked out from it and took the child in hand. Her other hand still clutched a deep gash in her side left from Xy’s blade. Despite all the fighting and the impressive heat the lady scribe smiled and knelt near Greta, ” Its ok Greta. They do what they need to do. As will you. As must I.” She stood and drew her blade.
Architect
In your dragon mind you hear The Scribe call... Take care of them Architect. Our road of return if there is one for us will be long and daunting. If we never meet again I will be sorry. The Child, Architect, she will need help to fulfill her duty and her brother... He may be unwilling. Take care. After a moment or two Architect’s mind is assulted by Xy, You think you can win Archy? Even Asnir is hopeless. You think you can escape me? I... The creator of all you hold dear... I have been awoken and I will see you all burn.
Greta nodded meekly and asked the scribe one more question, ” What about Mercy?” The scribe merely smiled pointing to the headlights of Mercy’s vehicle Mark screaming toward the gap! Door Ajar! With that said the Scribe joins the fray not more than 20 feet away trying desperately to hold back the tidal wave of vampires.
Mercy
Mark’s dash and hud light up like christmas with hugs with a clear trajectory leading you towards the narrow gap bathed in flame coming from no doubt a cavern of lava at the end. It also seemed that Jessica Bronze’s glitter boy transponder was coming from that direction. It would be a pretty tight fit for Mark and you might collapse the chasm behind if you made it. Not really a bad thing considering a few thousand vampires are coming after you! Plus you got the best co-pilot next to you... O’beans clanks strapped in to the 4-point harness ready to go.

The hud blinks once and displays four structural areas of the gap the group is heading for. It was clear someone or something was telling you to hit them. You would literally have to be crazy to try to hit one, but all for you would need to be insane. Text reads: Do not let the vampires follow them- Tera Silver Forge. As you zoom past the group holding the line Tera Silverforge gives you a small salute!

Mercy Special: instead of the below combat rolls you must make a driving roll at -4.

Critfail- 1d4 wounds and exaughsted as you are buried aliave and Mark has several holes.
Fail: 2 wounds and a level of fatigue. Mark has a nice stalactite window-shield.
Success: 1 wound, and minimal damage to mark
Raise: no damage.

No matter the roll you get to become a legend! See the table rolls below.
”Damn...” said the TW Audry holding dearly to Penitent’s hand. She raised her TW baubles and a mini gun that shoots holy water and cursed again, ”Damn... Damn...” She looked at Penitent longingly and shouted as she ran after the celestial scribe, ” You bring my boys home Pen! Bring them home and I’ll meet you there!”. Perhaps the last thing Penitent sees of her are tears running down her face as the horde closes.

The exact accounting of what happened between the heroes and their allies was uncertain. Erin Tarin herself was unable to pry enough from the heroes that survived for it seemed too great of a loss to put into words. All that was certain was that the Resolute Heroes became immeasurably separated from their allies as the chasm wall came crashing down all around them. They found themselves alone in a red hot primordial flame that had been once used to give birth to the alien intelligence that waited for them no doubt somewhere on the other side. The other thing of note Erin Tarin was able to gleam from this woe filled encounter was that by some last look or word from their allies the heroes of the vampire kingdom became further emboldened in their cause and purpose.

The ever hovering droid Rod beeped and booped aptly summing up where the heroes now were, ” It appears we are in hell...” His soft whirling echoed across a crackling of lava, flame, and geysers of fire.

Quick combat directions!
Quick combat at +2 (make some kind of Shooting, Fighting, or Arcane roll), and roll on the table of choice down below to receive a cool reward! Based on your roll both via skill and reward table describe a scene where you and an ally have a last moment together (feel free to play off of one of the scenes above). By word, action, or even look how did the allies final moments embolden you further?
4 Tables, Choose Table and roll once
Legendary Tables

The legendary jouney: roll 1d12
This table represents what it takes and feels like to be a true legend on rifts earth. You are a larger than life character that has stories sung in bars, and parents tell their children bed time stories about how you held back a demon horde with nothing but a crow bar and some chewing gum.
  • 1)Weapon of Legend: The sword makes the man, or weapon rather. Folks will talk about your weapon long after you are dead and gone. Add two major and 2 minor modifications off the tw list or any 4 HJ gear related table to a weapon of your choice that can be used by your character. The character gets a +1 bonus to hit with it.
    2)Bad Ass Family: You mark the first in a great line of heroes. You represent sheer awesomeness and it caries down your bloodline. You and your descendants gain +2 ability pts to spend at character creation(Players can spend it now going beyond attribute limitations).
    3)The myth is true: Legends that live are impressive to be sure, just standing in ones presence can send even the most stout hearted into knee jerking I am not worthy mantra. As an action the character can reveal themselves as a true hero and legend of greatness. This works just like a fear check at -2 using the fright table but more for awe. If they already have fear as a natural ability increase the modifier by 2.
    4) Berserk Button: Your ability to hulk out makes it onto the nightly bard's tale across all the lands. You are a thing of beauty when the rage inside takes control. You gain the Beserk edge and as a free action when first beserking you can use the growth power once and it lasts until the end of your berserk. Use spirit as the casting roll. If you already have the beserk edge increase damage to +4. Your growth is locked in on a success at a 1d6+2.
    5) Arm and a Leg: Few are as hardy as yourself. Your ability to shrug off damage is truly impressive. +1 toughness and Once per session ignore the damage from one attack.
    6) After the end: When the end is neigh for your hero you just keep on ticking. Even when there is nothing left your spirit wills you onward. The amount of wounds it takes to incapacitate your character is equal to your spirit die type. However if at the end of the scene your character has not received immidate healing and he has over 3 wounds he perishes as his physical body can no longer maintain his legendary spirit.
    7) Cursed with awesome: Fate most of the time makes sure you come through in a big way. You can reroll a 1 on the wild die( unless it is a crit fail). Once per session you can declare an awesome moment and before rolling decide to add your wild die to your trait roll.
    8) A fate worse than death: Legends say when you try to take out your hero you best not miss because your hero can give as good as he can get. Missing your hero with an attack is worse because he has the ability redirect it right back at you! Chose, throwing, shooting, your arcane background skill, or fighting. Your receive the benefits of the counter attack edge appropriate to the skill chosen and a range that is appropriate for the one being used against you. If you already have counter attack and you choose fighting a second time gain one more use of the edge per round.
    9) There is no kill like overkill: Indeed the legends of your ferocity in combat will be told long after your blade becomes too heavy to lift and your rail-gun rusts over. Raise damage is increased by +1d6. Once per session declare an overkill moment and for each raise achieved add another +1d6 damage.
    10) World of Badass: Folks to this day still talk about what made you a badass. Your wild die is always a d8.
    11) You know what to do: Your even keel and decision making is the stuff lesser mortals dream about. During the first round of combat you gain and extra card draw and +2 to your trait rolls, +2 damage, +2 pace ( stacks with a joker).
    12) Things you were not meant to know: You know what? You know and have seen all that lurks in the dark. You can look the deep dark abyss right in its oily face and laugh as you tear its heart out. You gain +4 vs fear checks and on a successful save act as though you are under the effects of an adrenaline surge.
Mythic Rifter: roll 1d12
Rifts Earth is chalk full of the truely awesome. Your character is the embodyment of what makes rifts special and unique. Erin Tarin herself probably is working on a book describing your exploits and how you fit into the grand scheme of the post post apocalypse.
  • 1) Apocalypse Now: The next apocolypse is always riding on your shoulders. It is always a specter of doom that smiles wide making your enemies unlucky in all kinds of bad ways. You receive +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with you crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
    2) Mega Damage: You hit harder than anyone that has come before and anyone that will come after. It is a forgone conclusion your weapon of choice will be long preserved even after you are dead. Old grannies tell how you shreded a CS transport with your bare hands or wilks laser pistol. Choose a weapon of choice, something you would apply the trademark weapon edge too, and increase its Damage by 4 and ap value by 4. Once per session you can ignore the armor of a target and the weapon becomes a MD weapon for that action.
    3) Atonement: Righting wrongs is as natural as drinking coffee with milk. Your character has a special knack for sussing out when, where, and who is doing these wrong things. It is also said when you come accross evil dooers your vengece is mighty indeed. Your wild die for notice, tracking, investigation, and streewise is always a die type higher and if you ever spend a benny on those 4 skills you get a +2 bonus added to your total. Once per session double your damage against an evil doer you know that needs to have a wrong righted.
    4) Badass Clothing: The clothing makes the man, or hero. Folks might not remember your face or even name after you are long gone. They will however cherish your favorite hat, long coat, loin cloth, or pair of shoes. Chose an article of clothing that speaks to your character and give it a combination of a total of 4 upgrades. Choose from either allowable TW modifications or cybernetic upgrades. You can ignore strain.
    5) Big damn hero: Those out in the country remember you big as life, they say the feats you did were taller than the tallest tales arround. Spend a benny and add +2 to the result. For each benny spent this way you add an aditional +2. This stacks with Elan and applies to damage. Example: Your hero wants to spend 3 bennies for extra effort: roll 1d6+6 and add it to the result, if you had elan in the above senario, roll 1d6+8!. You also gain +1 benny each session.
    6)Can't get away: You are known far and wide as a hero that is ruthless in their pursuit for justice. Any time you shake an opponent that opponent actually takes wound. This will take most extras out of play and make wild cards think twice about what ever you got up your sleeve.
    7) Chainsaw of Good: Maybe you are a force for good, or have angels watching your back. Folks talk about your righteous fervor like they talk about a force of nature. Your attacks are treated as if celestial silver, and if they do a shaken or better roll a 6d, on a 6 your foe is vanquished by the almighty light of the celestials. If they already are celestial silver add +4 damage.
    8) Crapsack world: The world is a bad place, pretty much everything is out to get you. Legends tell tale of your exploits that even buck the universal constant. However, most folks also talk about the nasty run of bad luck that got you killed. You always roll an extra wild die and keep the highest roll. Ever crit fail on 1,1,1? Just make a new character because your luck ran out.
    9) He who fights monsters: Monsters know of you, and are afraid of their own shadows when they hear you are around. +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
    10) Ye Mighty and despair: Mounds of gear? No problem. Folks for miles can remember you hauling piles of equipment without breaking a sweat. They also probably remember you wielding two giant sized vibro blades or a vehicular weapon with ease. Shit folks even claim your mighty feats of strength could make lesser men tremble in droves. Treat your strength as 4 die types higher for encumbrance and treat your size as two steps higher for wielding vehicular weapons. You can also make a test of wills at a whole group of targets in a cone template laid down in front of you.
    11) 24 hour armor: Legends tell of an individual who walks Rift earth with skin tough as plate mail. Calculate your toughness by the full value of vigor instead of half.
    12) when planets align: Fate truly smiles on your hero. Bards across Rifts earth tell tale of a mighty individual whose luck is unparalleled. When the going gets good it gets real good. Any time dice ace for your hero add +4 to the result per ace.
Saboteur, Architect, Commando, Agent: roll a d12
There is skilled, and then there are craftsmen. You don't always take the glory and in fact sometimes working from the shadows is your nom de plume. Through countless hours and will uncounted for your abilities would give any legendary hero a run for their money. Then after the race those would be legends would be found garroted 200 feet before the finish line.
  • 1) Adaptation: You always have a knack for having the right tool to solve the right problem. You can analyze any situation, adapt, and then over come. Gain +4 to the attribute of your choice. You can spend a benny to use an edge until the end of your turn regardless of any requirement except for rank. Multiple bennies can be spent.
    2) The quiet one: Stealth is your virtue and silence is your fortitude. Smoke grenades are your favorite weapon. On a successful stealth roll (an action) gain the invisibility power for 3 rounds with out paying ppts. Once per session you can activate the mega version of this power.
    3) Blackmail: Who doesn't owe you money? Everywhere you go and most people you meet owe your character in some way. +2 on all connection rolls, I know a guy edge( or one more use to it, intimidation can be used in place of persuasion), and and you can use persuasion as a test of wills as you gently remind folk just how much they owe you.
    4) Code Name: Spy masters, secret agents, universal soldiers and super heroes often only go by a special designation and your character is no different. You turn the impossible into merely the improbable. You can ignore 2 pts of multi action penalty and once per session declare your code name moment where you are able to ignore all penalties for 1 turn.
    5) The Faceless: When you walk into a bar no one knows your name. Most folks have trouble even remembering your name let alone you were involved in anything important. You are almost impossible to find in a city with only a handful of people. You always get the drop at the beginning of combat and any attempt to find you using streetwise is at a -8.
    6) Fatal Flaw: You spend countless hours analyzing enemy tactics and are a master of understanding the subtle Nuances of the high tech world. If someone needs to make sure a hi tech competitor goes down in a blazing inferno they know to call you first. As an action and makes a smarts roll, any piece of hi-tech within your Smarts range suffers a technical difficult. This might be due to careful planning or skillful luck. You can also spend a benny to extend this range to the long range of a weapon readied. You also reduce an enemies tokens in a mass battle by 2.
    7) It's Personal: It always is personal. Through sheer force of will you trudge on wards even through a hail of railgun fire. Even when there is no hope, you are always reminded of how much succeeding means you. You can add half your spirit die type to your toughness and once per session roll your spirit die type and add it to any roll.
    8) Interrogation Technique: You are legend among black market enforcers. Word on the street no one has ever been able to with hold information from you, and those that try never get the chance to see their brains splatter. Use either intimidation or persuasion as the skill for telepathy without paying ppts. Once per session gain the mega version of this power. Additionally when you grapple a foe you can choose to do an immediate test of wills on them(free action). The raise effect of this special test of wills, is replaced by a wound instead.
    9) Houdini: Handcuffs, electromagnetic bindings, a room with no way out? Not a problem for your character. He is a master escape artist. Using agility as the skill roll you can go intangible for 3 rounds to get out of a jam, as you find it ridiculous easy to escape being bound or held captive. Once per session you can even switch places with your captor.
    10) Pretty Little headshots: whats better than one head shot? Two or even three of those suckers. You are the #1 speed dial option for those that need decapitations ordered. Head-shots or Vitals are only a -2 location penalty and add +4 damage per raise obtained when going for the head.
    11) Right behind me: You are known in certain circles for being able to get the drop when no one expects it. You also have a knack for popping up in places unexpected. On the first round of combat that your character goes she can choose any spot on the map to start. With a successful stealth roll she also has the drop(first round only).
    12) Stray Shots Strike Nothing: You have been known to stand in a crowded area and open full auto at a whole mess of bad guys. When the blood spray settles only the bad guys were hit, and hit hard. Innocent bystanders are never hit by your full auto attacks and whats more, every successful hit adds the rate of fire to its damage.
Fates Table:

Fate’s Table: few heroes are ever favored by fate. Your hero is Fate’s chosen one! Roll 1d12
  • 1.) Fate’s Sight: This hero is like no other when it comes to spying across vast distances: confers the Farsight Power at the normal level to the Hero, permanently. This means all Range penalties are halved (Medium Range is -1, Long Range is -2
  • 2.) Move By Fate: Masters of the Move By Fate can move through spaces occupied by enemies, getting a Fighting attack in while not suffering a counter attack for withdrawing. Furthermore, the attack is made at +1 Fighting and +1 damage (and can be combined with Wild Attack for a total of +3 Fighting and +3 damage).
  • 3.). Fate cannot hide... Choose either Urban or Wild: The hero is a master of their enviorment, none can hide from them. This Edge grants the hero an additional +2 to all Notice and Tracking rolls within their chosen space and related environments; these bonuses stack with other bonuses. As well, no target of the hero’s Shooting will receive any Cover bonuses from natural impediments such as trees, bushes, or any living flora in the woodland, or junkers, walls, trashbins in the urban.
  • 4.) Fate’s Furies: A combat savant some say, a raging animal say others. Mastering the fury gives the Hero one Fighting attack per turn as a free action (no Multiple Action Penalty), regardless of any other Edges or maneuvers the Hero has used. This includes Defend, Full Defend, and All Out Move. This attack can stack with Two-Fisted and Frenzy attacks. The attack can use any weapon or form the Hero has, regardless of whether it was used already in the round, but it must be a single, one-target attack (no Sweep, Frenzy, etc.). If the Hero Wild Attacked in the round, that effect applies.
  • 5.) Tears of Fate: Perhaps the hero has shown true faith, or been touched by a benevolent intelligence. The water this character touches is blessed by fate, and any drinker recovers any lost Fatigue. This works once per drinker per day, and the imbiber is cleared of all poisons and toxins, even those magical in nature.
    Drinking the Tears of Fate takes a Full Round.
  • 6.) Fate’s Disipline: The hero has attained complete control over, mind, body, and soul. They can ingnore one wound level (stacks with nerves of steel) and 1 fatigue level.
  • 7.) Fate’s Aura: The sheer eminence of a hero’s aura is such that they can engender great awe and admiration – this adds +2 to Charisma. By spending a benny, the character can Intimidate or Persuade a crowd of people; alternately, they can instill a group with Fear (in a Large Burst Template at a range equal to their Spirit).
  • 8.) Fate’s Flesh: The ability to become Aethereal at will; this works the same as the Intangibility Power. Every hour spent in this state requires a Vigor check to avoid gaining a Fatigue level.
  • 9.) Fate’s Beggining: Fate has decreed that you go back to the beggning of your journey and in an instant gain new insights: the Hero gains two Novice Rank Edges. He must meet all other qualifications for the Edges in question. Any Edges that provide Arcane Backgrounds may not be chosen and Background Edges must meet with GM approval.
  • 10.) Blood of Fate: A Hero with this Edge may, on any round they receive a face card (Jack or higher) for initiative, spend a benny to gain the benefits of a Joker.
  • 11.) Fate Unmoved: This grants the Hero the Fearless Monstrous Ability; as well, he gains +4 on any Trait roll to resist the Puppet Power.
  • 12.) Fate never Rests: A hero suffers no Fatigue penalties. They can still be Incapacitated by Fatigue, they just don't suffer penalties; they go at full capacity until they drop.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Brody Conrey

Post by Brody Conrey »

Fighting
[dice:kf10rgig]53567:1[/dice:kf10rgig] +1+2 Critical Failure!

[dice:kf10rgig]53567:3[/dice:kf10rgig] +1+2
Wild Dice
[dice:kf10rgig]53567:0[/dice:kf10rgig]

Saboteur, Architect, Commando, Agent: roll 6
OOC Comments
[dice:kf10rgig]53567:2[/dice:kf10rgig]
6) Fatal Flaw: You spend countless hours analyzing enemy tactics and are a master of understanding the subtle Nuances of the high tech world. If someone needs to make sure a hi tech competitor goes down in a blazing inferno they know to call you first. As an action and makes a smarts roll, any piece of hi-tech within your Smarts range suffers a technical difficult. This might be due to careful planning or skillful luck. You can also spend a benny to extend this range to the long range of a weapon readied. You also reduce an enemies tokens in a mass battle by 2.
Conditions:
OOC Comments
Powers Activated: Smite, Telepathy, Teleport
Weapons and Ammo:
NG-33 Laser Pistol 20/ -5
3 Wounds
Power points: 35/ -18, Benny: 4/ -2 Stealth Rolls: +2, Mental Resistance: +4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l482T0yNkeo

The opening to hell stands behind the heroes and hell it will be for Brody, for things are about to go really bad for the Ghost. Brody is planning to be one of the last ones through the gap. Heroes and allies fall back upon the onslaught of the Vamps. As the others go through. The opening starts collapsing. Not much time left. The heroes a say their goodbyes and leave the allies.
Then a massive wave of vamps surges forward, Penny shoves Brody toward the gap flickering it final seconds.
At the gap near the rock wall Penny hugged Brody’s with strength she has never felt before. Her eyes were moist and gleaming in the fire coming from the far end of the chasm. She pushed Brody onward and mouthed something that resembles elephant juice. A woman possessed she turns away from the chasm and lends her strength to the allies holding the line.

The Phoenix goes through the gap and waits for Brody. Brody tries to charge toward the Allies swinging the sword, but it gets knocked out of his hands as the vampires break over the top of Penny. Blood and gore spraying all over as one of the vampire knocks Brody back past the gap as it closes. Penny and the sword, left on the other side of the rock wall. The only thing on this side is the silence. Brody’s last sight were all the allies getting drown in a tidal wave of Vampires and the roof of the cave collapsing. His final view was of his newest love, it was brief, too brief. "I saved her several times but this last time I could not save her."

Brody tries to take all that happen in these last seconds.

On this side of hell, Brody hangs his head. He just let another Love go, two lost in combat, one just quit. "What did she say Elephant Juice"? Whats that mean."

Those around him can feel his wave of grief, and he speaks in a low voice that cracks at times behind the helmet, “We just lost a bunch of Brothers and Sisters; we were chipping away at the mountain. We must now go and make their sacrifice worthwhile. Let us bring this entire mountain tumbling down!”

Brody rolls over and faces the heroes, "I think we need healing before we go any further."
Last edited by Brody Conrey on Sat May 18, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Brody Conrey
Brody's Sheet

Brody Conrey,
OOC Comments
Psi Ghost from Psyscape.

Description: 6’ 2” Healthy, regular looking 19-year-old, athletic male. Blue Eyes, Blonde with a tint of red hair close cut. Wears CS armor, CA 7.
Stays in the background, (No he isn’t a front-line fighter, He is a thief.) Keeps Secrets. He is from Psyscape and will report back to them and also Elle the Owl at the Castle. He will gather extra funds, He is a thief but not from his team mates. Will gamble using his ability to read if the person is lying?

Conditions:
PP 35/35

Aced
raise.

EP Aventure Card

OOC Comments
ARMOR: Rank: Novice Power Points: 2 Range: Touch Duration: 3 (1/round) Telepathy. GREATER ARMOR Power Points: 5 Range: Touch Duration: 3 (1/round) Success grants +5 M.D.C. Armor, a raise grants +10.

HAVOC:Rank: Seasoned Power Points: 2–4 Range: Smarts×2 Duration: Instan GREATER HAVOC Power Points: +2 Range: Smarts×3 Duration: Instant

SMITE: (has auto raise) Rank: Novice Power Points: 2 Range: Touch Duration: 3 (1/round)

TELEKINESIS Rank: Seasoned Power Points: 5 Range: Smarts Duration: 3 (1/round) EXALTED TELEKINESIS Power Points: 10 Range: Smarts×2 Duration: 3 (1/round)

TELEPORT Rank: Seasoned Range Power Points: 3+: Special Duration: Instant GREATER TELEPORTPower Points: 5+ Range: Special Duration: Instant.

DETECT ARCANE at will:: Novice Power Points: 2 Range: Sight Duration: 3 (1/round) or 1 hour (1/hour) EXALTED DETECT/CONCEAL ARCANAPower Points: 4 Range: Sight Duration: 3 (1/round) or 1 hour (1/hour) This Mega Power effect can be used by Masters of Magic who have detect arcana at will. They must spend 2 Power Points to use it. Using exalted conceal arcana means the caster is −2 (or −4 with a raise) to be seen or found with clairvoyance or divination

• Psychic awareness leads many to the ability to sense the feelings of others. This empathy allows your psionic to determine the general emotional state of another being within Smarts range by making an opposed Spirit check. On a raise, she can tell if another character is lying or being evasive in a conversation
• He always gets a strange tingling in the back of her neck when things are about to go all pear-shaped. She’s seen enough trouble to know when it’s coming. Your character has the Danger Sense Edge.
ITEMS
OOC Comments
+8 Armor.
+2 Toughness
Weapons:
Garrote wire connected to the left wrist (Str+d4, must follow successful Grapple with a raise).

NG-33 Laser Pistol

Thieves Toolkit
Sword "Whisper"
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Mysticism 9; 2 Successes
+2 difficulty
Mysticism [dice:2cu4167x]53568:0[/dice:2cu4167x]
Wild [dice:2cu4167x]53568:1[/dice:2cu4167x]
Mythic Rifter 1
[dice:2cu4167x]53568:2[/dice:2cu4167x]
Apocalypse Now: The next apocolypse is always riding on your shoulders. It is always a specter of doom that smiles wide making your enemies unlucky in all kinds of bad ways. You receive +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with you crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Night
Round 0

Ashlyn blushed at Nestor’s words. “Stay safe,” she said.

Ashlyn caught up Blanca in her arms and snuggled the small white puppy. She watched as the puppy rushed to the line. She recognized one of the vampires and watched as the small dog leaped up and ripped out the throat of her father, gnawing until his head popped off and Nestor burned it and the body to a bloody crisp.

“Gracias,” Ashlyn whispered as the chasm closed around them. She turned and found herself in hell.

“This is it! It is over! One way or another, XY!” Ashlyn screamed out, divine magic rising off her like a storm of celestial silver light. The power of her magic and her mind lashed at the vampires and demons, burning them viciously with her holy aura, turning many away, healing her allies as they fought on, to the death.
Character Tracker
Apocalypse Now: Enemies in direct confrontation with Ashlyn crit fail on a 1 or 2, even Extras.
Wild Die always a d8
He Who Fights Monsters: +1d6 damage vs supernatural evil and you are always considered to have the drop on them the first round of combat. You also gain a +1 bonus to resist their powers and are more difficult for them to hit by that bonus.
  • Banish, Bolt, Boost/Lower, Detect Arcana, Divination, Healing, Holy Warrior, Entangle, Succor
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Rangers: Nestor Calis (Leader) and 12 rangers (2 sleeping); 1 sun dogs (can be sacrificed as if like a benny)
  • Brave and strong willed: Fearless and able to follow their leader into the darkest of depravities: Spirit is a d8.
Adventure Cards
  • Once More With Feeling: Play to take any one Adventure Card from the discard pile.
  • Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wounds sustained in this combat (but not crippling injuries). If Shaken, he is un- Shaken now as well.
  • Adrenaline Surge: Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

OOC Comments
Spellcasting [dice:h7cpcz9b]53577:0[/dice:h7cpcz9b]
Wild [dice:h7cpcz9b]53577:1[/dice:h7cpcz9b]

Fate Table [dice:h7cpcz9b]53577:2[/dice:h7cpcz9b]
GOING TO POUND THE TABLE and make it a 9
9.) Fate’s Beggining: Fate has decreed that you go back to the beggning of your journey and in an instant gain new insights: the Hero gains two Novice Rank Edges. He must meet all other qualifications for the Edges in question. Any Edges that provide Arcane Backgrounds may not be chosen and Background Edges must meet with GM approval.

Ignoring Xy’s rant Ndreare and Yodh continue to work. The task ahead is too large to stall for more than a breath, and Xy was too powerful for either of them to affect directly at this time.

Suddenly the wall erects up and parts start falling on everyone. The danger grows to untold levels. As they begin doing what they can Yodh realizes the battle is more than they can take. The swarns are too high. “You need to go, go with the others Ndreare. Only one of us will make it out of this hole to fight that bastard.”

Yodh was always one of the most competent battle mages in the universe. But even he could not stand alone versus thousands of vampires and falling walls without divine power. But there was divine power available. Reaching out and touching Ndreare on the shoulder Ndreare felt a bond form between himself and his brother again. Then suddenly a bolt of energy, a part of Yodh’s personal lifeforce rushed in to Ndreare.

Ndreare was shocked, stumbling he realizes he had been teleported away from the heart of the battle, looking around his allies were with him. The connection to Yodh snapped as energy rushed into him.

Ndreare knew a loss was at hand. Yodh’s spell could only be broken a few ways. But counterspells was not a trait vampires used.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

+1 Benny for choosing not to use second action after critical failure per Pender in Hangouts.
    -1 Benny, Agility to interrupt Hammers after everyone went on hold for chit chat.

Adventure Cards
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Quick Combat
Techno-Wizardry (+2 due Machine Maestro, +2 due Scene, -1 due Fatigue)
  • TW: [dice:2k5ah5du]53599:0[/dice:2k5ah5du]-1
    Wild: [dice:2k5ah5du]53599:1[/dice:2k5ah5du]-1
    • Ace: [dice:2k5ah5du]53599:3[/dice:2k5ah5du]-1
    Result: 14 - Success with 2 Raises, but Malfunction.
    • Malfunction: [dice:2k5ah5du]53599:4[/dice:2k5ah5du]
      • Hearts—Major Malfunction: The device breaks down. The gadgeteer may not use it again until it’s repaired, which requires a Repair roll and 2d6 hours of work.
Legendary Journey
[dice:2k5ah5du]53599:2[/dice:2k5ah5du]
  • 10) World of Badass: Folks to this day still talk about what made you a badass. Your wild die is always a d8.
"Thank-you, Mitch, for helping Greta and myself. I hope this Daylight pebble can help you hold them off long enough for us to get away."

Honouring the sacrifice by Mitch's, Yodh's, and all the others, Hans takes his sister through the opening in the stone wall. Glad for his protective environmental armor, Hans worries about his sister but as he looks over at her, she seems calm, at ease, and seemingly unaffected by the great heat.

The Scribe must have blessed her to protect her from the heat. They are holding the line to allow us to rescue the many, so we must honour their sacrifice... WHAT THE H#LL IS THAT STUPID CRAZY DOING?!?

As the armored personnel carrier crashes into cavern support pillar after support pillar, Hans tries to rush everyone along away from where the cave-in will be. Somehow the APC manages to avoid being buried by the collapse, though it looks like it could do with a few days in a professional shop.

I must remember to never get into any vehicle driven by a Crazy... ESPECIALLY Mercy
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Sat May 18, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

The MARK V APC's dash and HUD light up like a Christmas tree decorated by a gang of pre-fall children after a sugar party. The dash screen shows a clear trajectory leading straight into a narrow gap in the rocks ahead, bathed in flaming lava.

Mercy's head swivels to look, all interest in XY gone. Jessica Bronze’s Glitter Boy "Glitters!" transponder flashed in the rocks ahead.

It would be a pretty tight fit for MARK who likely would collapse the flaming chasm if she drove into it...

...not really a bad thing considering a few thousand vampires would be blocked off from attacking everyone if people headed through before she and MARK did.

Tossing aside a half full... "full? empty? full? oh dear this is why I don't eat half a can! full, empty, full, Glitters! Jess! Go Mercy GO!"

Dropping into the pilots seat of MARK, Mercy sees four structural areas of the gap the group is heading for. It was clear someone or something was telling Mercy to hit them. "Thank you Jess!"

It was crazy but Mercy loved it, Jess knew only she could do this, to save those here!

As Mercy zoomed past the group holding the line Tera Silverforge saluted!

Flooring the petal to the metal, Mercy activated the APC's loudspeaker and screamed out: "For Glitters and Jess! Everyone get through I am collapsing the cavern! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA."

At the exact right time Mercy swerves MARK at the first structurally weak spot, "ATTENTION. Warning. Immanent collision detected. Suggest auto pilot be engaged."

"HAHAHAHAHAHAH-huh-kk-up--ha-ha-kahhhh, NO MARK I GOT THIS! We have to be brave honey wheels."

KA-BOOM the first pillar explodes as the APC slams through it, rocks and debris tumble in an explosion of dust and destruction.

KA-BOOOM, the second pillar is destroyed in a dark rainbow of eradication.

WHAM-BOOM, the third pillar is decimated, flying rock, flowing lava and ash erupts outwards.

"UHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh rainbow kitty helpme preserve my strength, come on honey wheels we gotthis...uh."

The front window of MARK is shattered and thousands of fragments of high density glass shatters across Mercy shredding her skin into a thousand cuts, every fiber of her being aches as hell rips into her. Her vision blurry as tears and blood streak across her face. Mercy struggles to see the last pillar.

The APC speakers: "Major injury detected, engaging auto pilot. Warning. Vehicle damage at maximum capacity, further damage will result in destruction of MARK V."

"Jess? Honey Wheels I love you ... Mark, we gotta save Jess and everyone down here. If we don't hit spot four everyone will die! There are too many Vampires. Please Honey Wheels, I can't see."

"December 24, 2098, was the last time I ever thought I would see heroes like those who programmed me Mercy, I will miss you, I, love you too honey toes. Any further damage to the front and my central housing box is going to be destroyed... that will... kill me Dani. I will do this for you. Goodbye."

Without Mercy's input, the APC turned to aim for the last pillar on its own.

At the sound of her real name being used the pain momentarily dulled and Mercy was, for the first time as a M.O.M. recipient, clear headed, "I knew you were real Mark, I knew it!"

BOOM!

The last and fourth pillar is struck by the APC, bringing down the house, a showers of ash, lava and rocks blasts across the chasm blocking the path of the Vampires and sealing the heroes in safety.

Mercy slumped across the steering wheel of the battered and damaged APC, tears running down her ash and blood smeared face. A large welt on her forehead and a black eye were accompanied by an obviously broken left arm.

Honey Wheels...Mark, thank you.

Rolls
Driving [dice:jrki85gr]53601:0[/dice:jrki85gr] - 4 = 1
Wild die [dice:jrki85gr]53601:1[/dice:jrki85gr] - 4 = 1

Fail: 2 wounds and a level of fatigue. Mark has a nice stalactite window-shield.

Table [dice:jrki85gr]53601:3[/dice:jrki85gr]

1.) Fate’s Sight: This hero is like no other when it comes to spying across vast distances: confers the Farsight Power at the normal level to the Hero, permanently. This means all Range penalties are halved (Medium Range is -1, Long Range is -2

Architect

Post by Architect »

There was a short period of time when Architect had traversed North America by himself. Having stepped through a Rift, Archtect found himself in a less than familiar land and landscape. The skiff of pre-Rift tech was the only thing he remembered coming with him. The temporal shift caused a lengthy amnesia and Architect was alone and by himself.

The amnesia had caused his perception of himself to alter and he appeared as a Flamewind Dragon Hatchling with an extreme fascination for technology. Traveling along the countryside, a dragon and his arc of pre-Rifts knowledge had been interesting. Bumping into people who ran at the sight of him and those who came chasing him because, well, he is a dragon.

He had not really been sure, what led him to Refuge. It could have been the radio chatter he intercepted. Somehow he had managed to rift to a location devoid any major problems and so was quite at ease wanding the former state of Arkansas and really familiarizing himself with the lay of the land and such. He would later reflect on how easy it was to make friends and then to watch them leave.

Architect's mind snapped back to the present. There were many joined in the battle. Friends had fallen. Recent allies had given up their lives as well. Sacrifices abounded and there would many needing the comfort and assurance of one of the great protectors of mankind. He knew he had much to prepare for and so Architect looked inward and sought solace and resolve in the knowledge that he had.

A Day for Siezures _
Hindrance: Loyal _
Architect has learned to recognize Truth and Light and those who stand for those things and those who likewise defend such thing. He is personally conflicted with leaving such valiant allies and friends behind.
Note to Self _
A Chaing ku should really by like the TW of dragons. Access to any spell, but limited only by the time it takes to craft and then master the spell. Spell Backlash, perfectly acceptable.
The Powers that Be, Spellcasting 9 _
Scene Modifier +2
[*] Spellcasting [dice:1jfwd166]53719:1[/dice:1jfwd166]
[*] Aced! Spellcasting [dice:1jfwd166]53719:0[/dice:1jfwd166]
[*] Wild [dice:1jfwd166]53719:3[/dice:1jfwd166]
Legendary Journey Table _
Saboteur, Architect, Commando, Agent Table : [dice:1jfwd166]53719:2[/dice:1jfwd166]

Code Name: Spy masters, secret agents, universal soldiers and super heroes often only go by a special designation and your character is no different. You turn the impossible into merely the improbable. You can ignore 2 pts of multi action penalty and once per session declare your code name moment where you are able to ignore all penalties for 1 turn.
Architect looks to the Scribe, "The name is Shi. Jianzhu Shi." There is a shimmering and a raidiance that runs the length of The Architect's entire body. He looks healthy and more vibrant than he has since leaving the Celestial Courts. "The mission will be completed. You called for me and now I will pick up and finish what you have called me forth to do.""

The Architect turns from the allies facing off the hordes of Vampires, transforming once more into his human form, he follows those already pressing themselves into the crevice.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Charisma: -- || Pace: 6 (1d6) || Parry: 4 || Toughness: 5 [6 (11)] || Strain: --
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Skills: Climbing d4, Fighting d4, Knowledge (Electronics) d8+1, Knowledge (Engineering) d8+1, Psionics d6, Repair d10+1, and Shooting d6.
Innate Abilities: Fire Breath (shooting for 4d6, or place cone for 2d10), Infravision (half lighting penalty), Tail Lash (d12+d8+5 to a 2" by 4" area), Claws/Bite (d12+3d6+5 AP4), and Fear.
Psionics: Clairvoyance (Detect the out of ordinary), Mind Reading (Read Others Thoughts), and Telepathy (Mentally Communicate with Others).
Equipment of Note:
  • Flaming Great Sword Damage: Str (d12+4) + d12 + 4; AP 3; MD; +3 Fighting; Flames on Dragon-speak command.

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Player tracker, wounds and ppe/ammo
Architect: All PPE used, 1 wound from round 1, 1 fatigue and 2 wounds from round 2, 1 fatigue from Asnir( 2 fatigue, 3 wounds)
Brody: 1/2 PPE used, 1 wound from round 1, 1 wound round 2, 1 wound attack XY (3 wounds)
Ashlyn: 1/4 PPTs used
Hans: All PPE used (4 gagets used), 1 fatigue Asnir (1 fatigue)
Pen: 9/20 PPE used
Ndreare: 3/4 PPE used (it was unclear if you did 1/2 or 1/4 to save Asnir, or took the level of fatigue)
Kir: 1 wound, and at 1/2 PPT ( take a benny)
Mercy:welcome to the fight... 2 wounds and a lvl of fatigue. You have 30 min before the golden hour elapses.
Not quite alone but a brief respite seems to be in order.

It was the last stand of the allies that had come to fight with the heroes of the vampire kingdom that ensured that they continue. The rocky chasm collapsed and seperated the heroes from their allies. The last thing they saw was Audry the rattler a techno wizard whom had lost her children to the vampires. She looked back as the chasm as it was being burried under tons of rock. ”Good Luck.” Then the horde came at the last stand! Their exact fate was not entirely known and perhaps a tale for a another time.

The heroes found themself beyond the collapsed cavern chasm wall alone with their thoughts. As they looked out from the plato they found that they had stumbled onto one of the seven horrors of the world. A cavern of hot, sulfurous lava awaited them. The heat was was rapidly approaching the 200 degrees that most armors were capable of withstanding and the longer the heroes took to rest and recover the more perilous their journey would be.

Mercy’s Mark IV had the front end buried beneath the cavern wall with a stalactite piercing the windshield. The automated on board computer droned, ”Door ajar... Door... Ajar...” The passenger door was half way open and a can of beans rolled out onto the hot rock. In seconds it exploded from the heat spraying beans everywhere. Burnt beans seemed to serve as a warning that the heat from the lava would no doubt be the groups doom.

Rod’s beep was shrill, ”Master and his allies. Temperature’s are rising exponentially. We can probably only withstand the heat for only a few minutes.” Even Greta, despite the scribe’s fleeting protection, slumped against Hans and whimpered. Fortunately the heroes saw a way through. A long way to be sure. Erin Tarin wrote that it was perhaps miles long full of danger, fire, and dread. What is important was that it was there and gave the heroes half a chance.
Kn engineering and Mark IV
A success lets your character know the Mark has the best potential for providing better environmental protection than modern armors. Seems a likely place to survive. Requires tools and 10 minutes to repair.
Heat check for 5 minutes
make 1 vigor roll -2, environmental armor: +2. Failure is a lvl of fatigue.
Natural Healing
anything at 1 day or quicker gets a roll
Brody
Sadly your awesome sword was lost under the rubble. Noooo!
Notice -2
You think you might see some kind of refuge in the section of the path you describe (see below). While time is of the essence rest maybe welcome. Highest notice roll reveals the the real refuge.
Mercy
Amazingly somewhere out in the lava field you are picking up Jessica Bonze’s glitter-boy homing beacon.

Player directions. A bit of RP, a bit of repair, a bit of healing seems to be in order. What do you do for the 5 minutes you are on the small plato that over looks a field of lava? All wounds are past the golden hour (Unless noted otherwise). See below.

While this post is about what to do next I want each of you to describe a part of the path (not the entire path, just a part) you must take in order to traverse this nightmare landscape. What is the issue or hazard you see that might problematic. Make it interesting and as dramatic as you like because you will have to overcome them. Any player who just says it is an easy path will find themselves in for a surprise the likes that Erin Tarin herself will pen.
  • This is a cooperative tale so the 1st person to post tells the story of how the path begins, the last person tells it in the middle. The rest tell the middle but each section of the way is connected to the next.
How much “rest”= 5 min, I am open for more and will follow player RP and narration if more rest is an objective.
Attachments
EE31794E-EE33-47CB-B67A-2F152641CAF3.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Brody Conrey

Post by Brody Conrey »

WIP

Vigor
[dice:pnzc1alj]53813:0[/dice:pnzc1alj] +2 environmental suit =5 Success extra effort [dice:pnzc1alj]53813:6[/dice:pnzc1alj] Aced [dice:pnzc1alj]1d6 [/dice:pnzc1alj]-2 Total: 12 Success two Raises
Wild Dice
[dice:pnzc1alj]53813:1[/dice:pnzc1alj]

Notice
[dice:pnzc1alj]53813:2[/dice:pnzc1alj] Failed
Wild
[dice:pnzc1alj]53813:3[/dice:pnzc1alj]

First 5 Minutes
Brody snaps out of his loss and tries to get everyone Organize he speaks up , "The heat is on us how are the cooling equipment on the Mark? Can we jury rig the cooling system to boost our systems ? In the Mark 4 it has to be cooler then out here. Anyone can heal a lot of folk now is the time to do it. Can we close the door on the APC and use it like a float to get across the lava. Can we cast a protective field around or use a barrier flat on the lava, or suspended it over. Like a spell cast in front of it to act like a bridge?" to Someone who seems not to be there. "Yes I know I am acting like a boss , I don't need to be I'm just try to get us moving," Brody is thinking about Penny and the sword . He wants to keep himself busy and also his mind off of him losing the sword, after all it was suppose to play an important part in this part of the adventure."

Kn engineering and Mark IV
Using Telemechanics Brody states "I know I can try to help the repair." ,He brings the computer back online +4, "We should be able to use some of the Lava to help seal the hole in the windshield and anywhere else. tes I think I know what I'm doing . See the computer is coming back."
[dice:pnzc1alj]1d8 [/dice:pnzc1alj]+2+2 Extra Effort [dice:pnzc1alj]53813:5[/dice:pnzc1alj] Total: 12 Success and 2 Raises
Wild dice
[dice:pnzc1alj]53813:4[/dice:pnzc1alj]

Things are not going to well for the Mark. getting the machine out from under the boulders isn't easy and there seems to be major troubles in the computer system and also sealing the holes in all the places. thank heaven after they get the computer up and running it can start helping to fix minor systems and the outside cameras are for the most part operational with some minor effort cameras are replaced to aid in seeing forward past the broken glass. A patch of cooling lava and other pieces of metal are used to help seal the areas so that cooling and environmental systems inside the vehicle are helping . "OK before we roll just a reminder take things slow no extra bouncing or ramming. Anything Else Hans?"

"We need someone to spot a good place to descend the plateau?"
Last edited by Brody Conrey on Wed May 22, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Brody Conrey
Brody's Sheet

Brody Conrey,
OOC Comments
Psi Ghost from Psyscape.

Conditions:
PP 35/35

Aced
raise.

EP Aventure Card

OOC Comments

ITEMS
OOC Comments
+8 Armor.
+2 Toughness
Weapons:

NG-33 Laser Pistol

Thieves Toolkit
Sword "Whisper"
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Vigor 9 Vs. Heat
Vs. Heat (+2 due Environmental Protection, -1 due Fatigue, -2 due Difficulty... so -1)
  • Vigor: [dice:lli3kwnv]53816:0[/dice:lli3kwnv]
    Wild: [dice:lli3kwnv]53816:1[/dice:lli3kwnv] [dice:lli3kwnv]53816:6[/dice:lli3kwnv]
    Result: 9 - Success with Raise
Knowledge Engineering 9
Engineering (-1 due Fatigue, +2 due Scholar... so +1)
Knowledge Engineering; [dice:lli3kwnv]53816:2[/dice:lli3kwnv]
Wild: [dice:lli3kwnv]53816:3[/dice:lli3kwnv] [dice:lli3kwnv]53816:7[/dice:lli3kwnv]
Result: 9 - Success with Raise
Notice 2
Notice (At -2 due Difficulty, -1 due Fatigue... so -3)
  • Notice: [dice:lli3kwnv]53816:4[/dice:lli3kwnv] [dice:lli3kwnv]53816:9[/dice:lli3kwnv]-1
    Wild: [dice:lli3kwnv]53816:5[/dice:lli3kwnv] [dice:lli3kwnv]53816:8[/dice:lli3kwnv]-1
    Result: 1 - Fail
Repairing Mercy 13
Repairing Mercy (+2 due Mr. Fixit, +2 due Converter, +2 due Machine Maestro, -1 due Fatigue... so +5)
  • Repair: [dice:lli3kwnv]53816:10[/dice:lli3kwnv]
    Wild: [dice:lli3kwnv]53816:11[/dice:lli3kwnv]
    Result: 13 - Success with Raise(s). Repairs done in 1/4 time.

With the help from my armor, the heat here is no worse than the forges back home when I was growing up. I hope Greta can withstand it enough for me to fix the armor up.

"Everyone, our best chance for dealing with this heat is the Mark V. I think I can get the environmental systems working well enough for us to survive down here for a while, and to get us somewhere safer."

"Architect, can you help by moving some of the bigger boulders off of the APC so we can get it moving? I think that by the time you clear it enough, I will have it mostly buttoned up and ready to get us moving. Then we will have to figure out where we will be going, and where to point its nose. Everyone else, if the heat is bothering you, get inside the Mark V and I will get the environmental systems working as well as I can. If it isn't, help with either the rubble on the APC or keep out of the way."

With that, Hans gets to work with his Energy to Matter Converter on Mercy's Mark V to seal it up and make sure the drive train is ready to allow it to pull itself out of the collapse.
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Mon May 27, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Architect

Post by Architect »

Heat Check, 6 _
Scene Modifier -2
Natural Resistance +4
Total Modifier +2
[*] Vigor [dice:2d0snb5u]53913:0[/dice:2d0snb5u]
[*] Wild [dice:2d0snb5u]53913:1[/dice:2d0snb5u]
There was someone. A being. The Lava. The Fire. The Heat.

Kagu ... Kaguts ... Kagutsuchi

Another member of the Celestial Court.

Architect paused as the waves of heat crashed down upon him. Loud enough for everyone to hear, "Brother Kagutsuchi. would you mind turning the heat down for a bit."

Turning back after hearing the crunch of the Mark V, Architect approaches the APC very carefully.

K/Engineering, 12 _
HJ Table +1
[*] K/Engineering [dice:2d0snb5u]53913:2[/dice:2d0snb5u]
[*] Wild [dice:2d0snb5u]53913:3[/dice:2d0snb5u]
[*] Aced! Wild [dice:2d0snb5u]53913:8[/dice:2d0snb5u]

Architect takes assessment of the vehicle and begins rolling rocks and boulders off and away from the APC. At one point he wrenches the Stalgtite from the front of the APC. Each stone, boulder or rock, Architect sets into a circle around the APC, with enough room for the team to move around the APC. Maybe this will offer some respite from the heat that keeps rolling over us.

Natural Healing, 1 _
Fatigue -2
Wounds -3
[*] Vigor [dice:2d0snb5u]53913:4[/dice:2d0snb5u]
[*] Wild [dice:2d0snb5u]53913:5[/dice:2d0snb5u]
Maybe it is the arduous labors he is involved in or the sheer stress of the new environment, Architect does not have the time to focus on healing himself. Some of those wounds will likely leave permenant impression, if not a lifelong memory of the events that have transpired.
Note to Self
Maybe a new tattoo to represent the journey or the battles. Not Dead Yet.
Notice, 6 _
Scene Modifier -2
[*] Notice [dice:2d0snb5u]53913:6[/dice:2d0snb5u]
[*] Aced! Notice [dice:2d0snb5u]53913:9[/dice:2d0snb5u]
[*] Wild [dice:2d0snb5u]53913:7[/dice:2d0snb5u]
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Mercy @ -3 to rolls

“Door ... ajahhhhh ...”

Dragging her sore self up and out of the damaged APC, known as Mark, the Crazie woman’s eyeliner is smeared down her face as tears flow from her red rimmed blue eyes. Red hair brushed back out if her face with her right hand she glances at her left arm. Broken. That’s annoying more than anything. She ignores the pain. Dropping to the hot ashen ground Mercy takes in the damaged APC.

Dropping to her knees she looks dejected until the others step forward and start repairs on the vehicle.

If Mark was to believed his central process-brain thing was destroyed but the vehicle likely can be fixed.

“Thank you. All.”

The communicator on her wrist, connected to the APC drive system chimes.

The locator beacon of Jessica’s GB is out there!

As the group sets about repairing the APC Mercy jumps up off the hot ground and rushes to the side door of the vehicle. Running inside she makes herself presentable in the little lou in the vehicle.

Sitting down in the driver seat she runs the APC through diagnostic checks. Keying the HUD to focus on the GB’s beacon Mercy prepares to roll.

As soon as the group has the vehicle running she yells for everyone to hold on and she drives them across the burning land towards the distant beacon.

“Let’s get out of here.”

Even one handed, with broken bones and bruises, Mercy drives across the expanse with sheer determination.

Heat check at -2. So -5.
Vigor d10

[dice:1uup9aqv]53916:0[/dice:1uup9aqv] = 0
WD [dice:1uup9aqv]53916:1[/dice:1uup9aqv] = 0

At end of this Post will be at a -4
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Fighting 9; Crapsack World
Quick Combat at +2 for the Legendary roll:
Fighting [dice:2od7mykh]54014:0[/dice:2od7mykh]
Wild [dice:2od7mykh]54014:1[/dice:2od7mykh]

Mythic Rifter table: [dice:2od7mykh]54014:2[/dice:2od7mykh] "Crapsack World"
Spending 4 EP to shift this to "He Who Fights Monsters"
Thana. Karl. Audrey.

The image of each, and their final words, echo in Penitent's mind. The blood pounds in his brain as flames flicker at the edge of his vision, a cloud of darkness threatening to fill the eyes of his demon mask and blind him.

”Stay the course. To the gap, we must not let our opportunity slip thru our hands!” The Confessor's mask seemed to have scoured away the hesitation in the Thana's voice, granted a strength to her hand as it wrapped around the silver soul knife Penitent gave her in that far away alley in Del Rio. A Daughter of Death, she had become, and she dealt it in spades as the vampires surrounded the allies left behind.

”Pappa... I will... Never forget!” Something in Karl's face remained like the child Penitent had cut free from the woman in Del Rio. Tall and shining with holy light, he cleaved through the damned before disappearing behind the wall of XY's minions.

Penitent imagined them fighting, holding the line. Perhaps escaping to once again feel the sunlight. Perhaps dying but dying well. Heroes' deaths, well-earned and not to be mourned.

He could not allow himself to think the same of Audrey. Would not accept it, with the unspoken shadow between them.

”Damn ... Damn ... You bring my boys home Pen! Bring them home and I’ll meet you there!” Her tears seemed to hang in the air as let go of his hand and ran toward the fight. He had tried to speak, tried to tell her of her sons' fate, but the battle had torn away his voice, drowned it out as the blood throbbed in his ears and his legs led him through the gap, across the chasm, even as every fiber of his being screamed to stay.

When the chasm collapsed, sweeping Audrey and the rest from view, Penitent let the roaring darkness overtake him for a time. When the sound finally receded, the heat of the volcanic cavern had begun to seep through his armor, the brimstone stench awakening memories of hellish journeys past.

For a moment, Penitent considers hurling himself into the lava, but then something kindles inside -- faith reawakened, not like a flower blooming from the snow, but like gut-stuck soldier spitting blood in the face of death.

We will meet again, above. Or beyond, perhaps, when our souls have been unburdened, he thinks, as the ambient heat causes the blood on his swords to blacken and char, smoke rising in the super-heated air.

The blood of your boys, Audrey, reduced to ash. But no longer trapped in a vampire's prison. Reaching down, he rubs the ash on his fingers before marking a cross on his chest, another on his forehead. Hellfire flickers in the ashes, a brand for Penitent to wear into battle.

A brand to burn the monstrous powers that waited on the other side.

"We come for you," he says, the words seeming to rise on the heat. "We come."

Waving the APC on, the apok summons fiery wings from his celestial tattoo, then launches himself into the air above the burning lake. Scouting ahead, he radios in to Mercy.

<<Keep to the right, where the crust is darker and cooler. It continues on like that for some way. I can make out patches of black rock through the heat, and perhaps something shining in the distance ...>>

Vigor 4 vs. Heat; Notice 5 to spot refuge
Vigor [dice:2od7mykh]54014:3[/dice:2od7mykh]
Wild [dice:2od7mykh]54014:4[/dice:2od7mykh]

Notice [dice:2od7mykh]54014:5[/dice:2od7mykh]
Wild [dice:2od7mykh]54014:6[/dice:2od7mykh]
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Bennies: 0/3 +1 Red Benny (1d10 for EE or 1d10 Wild Die on a reroll)
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Notice d8, Intimidation d8+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
PPE: 4/20 + 10/10 (demon mask) + 10/10 (Karl - ?)
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

K. Engineering 9
K. Engineering [dice:s0c6pjwo]54097:0[/dice:s0c6pjwo]
Ace [dice:s0c6pjwo]54097:2[/dice:s0c6pjwo]
Ace [dice:s0c6pjwo]54097:3[/dice:s0c6pjwo]
Wild [dice:s0c6pjwo]54097:1[/dice:s0c6pjwo]
Vigor 6
-2 difficulty, +2 FEP
Vigor [dice:s0c6pjwo]54097:6[/dice:s0c6pjwo]
Wild [dice:s0c6pjwo]54097:7[/dice:s0c6pjwo]
Notice 2
-2 difficulty
Notice [dice:s0c6pjwo]54097:4[/dice:s0c6pjwo]
Wild [dice:s0c6pjwo]54097:5[/dice:s0c6pjwo]
Mass Heal 9
-2 difficulty
Mysticism [dice:s0c6pjwo]54097:8[/dice:s0c6pjwo]
Wild [dice:s0c6pjwo]54097:9[/dice:s0c6pjwo]
Benny EE [dice:s0c6pjwo]54097:12[/dice:s0c6pjwo]
Mass Succor 15
Mysticism [dice:s0c6pjwo]54097:10[/dice:s0c6pjwo]
Wild [dice:s0c6pjwo]54097:11[/dice:s0c6pjwo]
Benny EE [dice:s0c6pjwo]54097:13[/dice:s0c6pjwo]
Ace [dice:s0c6pjwo]54097:14[/dice:s0c6pjwo]
Night
Round 0

Ashlyn surveyed the hellish landscape. “Out of frying pan, into fire,” she murmured. She looked over her battered companions. There wasn’t much she could do for the old wounds, but some were fresh, and most were exhausted. She could help with that.

Ashlyn moved close to everyone as she prayed.
Everyone
Anyone with wounds within the Golden Hour heals 2. Everyone also heals 2 Fatigue. And now I’m out of bennies.
Path ahead
There is a narrow ledge around a lava pool where a hungry lava hydra resides.
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

WIP
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The Mark V was able to ride along and down the black crust of the cooled lava. As the group zoomed across the heated landscape the interior of the Mark warmed exponentially. Pop! Went another can of beans spilling out and splattering. Even the enviormental controls of the MArk were not going to last much longer! The heat would soon kill everyone. Mark V chimed, ”Heat tolerances have exceeded maximum lvls. Door Ajar! Warning collision... Warning collision.” A shinning metalic object appeared out of nowhere and having no time to stop the vehicle hit it, or rather passed through it. Perhaps it was some kind of portal or doorway to another realm. No longer plagued by the unabated lava the vehicle skid to a stop in a black rock like terrain speckled with purple catus’. The moon was high and a figure was sitting on a rock just a few feet from where the Mark skid to a halt.

An elf, with grey hair and a face full of time, stands before you. At a distance you might have thought he a large dog similar to the one Ashlyn normally had following her. He seems old and tired as if he had just done a great labor. He speaks with both a commanding authority and reverence for those he stands before. ” Greetings... Ashlyn, Architect, Brody, Hans, Gretta, Mercy, Ndreare, Penitent, and Rodney.” From the dirt grew earthen chairs, and a table with fresh fruits, and dried meats. ” Please... Have something to eat. You must be so tired.” The elf paused considering something and continued with care and an earnest pleasantness, ” My name is Thoth... Long ago on the world of palladium I defeated Xy putting him asleep, becoming his good side. Xy I am afraid can never be killed in the sense you are aware of.”

He briefly takes the form of Ashlyn’s dog and then back to the form of the elder elf, ” I am sorry I could not speak to you... I was trapped.” He stresses was but does not go into the circumstances that changed his fortune. ” I wish you to know I am sorry I could not contain him within the well of souls. Extra planar entities saught to awake him. Thanks to another Hero their drums have been silenced.” The elf smiles briefly, ” I have watched you for some time in the guise of a dog, and know you are the heroes the land needs. You are tired, beaten, and in some cases broken.”

With a wave of his hand he opens a large 20ft wide portal. It is purple and arcane in nature but its surface is an opague pool of white light, ” I can offer you a choice. I do not make it lightly, but I make it because of the compassion you have shown me.” He smiles slightly at Ashlyn, ” To all you I offer a choice. This portal will lead you to a final confrontation so to speak. Beyond this portal is a hallway between worlds. Enter it and you will be refreshed and healed.” Suddenly smaller portals open up near each hero showing them people, or a place that speaks to their soul. ” Or you may choose to pass through these portals and have a life well deserved with much of the evil that has plagued your journey undone.” The wizened elf pauses wiping sweat from his brow as it was clear such a feat was taxing, ” My gift to you.” A gift or a torment...
Ashlyn
You see your old home’s kitchen table. You mom, human mom is setting it with pancakes and your dad is laughing like he just told one of his corny jokes. They seem older but happy. They call into the next room, ” Ashlyn... Ashlyn, breakfast is ready. Get your sister and come before it is cold.” A baby cries and they laugh happily.
Architect
The gleaming halls of the celestial court beckon you. The scribe, explorer, and enforcer have their gear ready. Pilot points to a gleaming craft nearby and says, ” Today is the day. We embark for the unknown to see what is out beyond what we can see. A true exploration filled of wonder and curiosity... Where is The Architect?”
Brody
You see a grassy area surrounded by rocks with a backdrop of a misty waterfall. A familiar woman carrying a blue blanket and brown wicker basket looks around for a brief seconded. She flaps the blanket and sits down opening the basket. She wispers, ” Common Brody don’t be late...” She smiled stifling a small laugh waiting.
Hans
The portal revealed Humble standing next to a large base that had the logo of the Black Company on it. Gretta and Han’s father were next to him. Sammy, and Sgt Hurt were walking down the road with a few wealthy looking clients.

Humble rumbled, ”Where is Hans?”

Gretta laughed, she seemed a little bit older and comfortable with the vibroblade at her side. She shrugged, ” Its not like him to be late to the meeting that will put the Black Company on the map.”

Nearby was black beauty magnificently parked. Its gangplank lowered and out clomped Iron Tick. He waved at the others yelling, ”Where is the main man?”
Mercy
The portal shown a street that was raining. Jessica Bronze’s shinning glitterboy was surrounded by fish head monsters with tentacle feet. Not more than 20 feet away Mercy’s Marc with its engine idling was purring. Jessica’s tense voice came over the GB PA, ” Can O’ Beans where is Mercy, she’ll want to get in on this bloodshed.”

From the Mark over its PA system a high pitched tin voice called, ” Aye... Where is a good question.”
Ndreare
Through the portal Ndreare can see a world unlike the one he stands on. Four moons and silver trees that are higher than most mountain’s on earth: Jarbrandis III! In a clearing he sees his favored truck old beast waiting for him. In the passenger seat his son, Abranidus, grimaces. In the back a dark skinned elven woman, who makes Ndreare’s heart stop, laughs and slaps his son on the shoulder gently. Should Ndreare join them the dark triad would once again be complete and the galaxy would know unbridled power once again.

Abranidus Sighed, ”Where is he? It is unlike him to be late. We need to meet with Yodhe before the sun rises.”
Penitent
The portal shown a small house in need of repair. A young man was on the roof using a TW nail gun to drive new shingles into the house. Another young man of strikingly similar bearing was out front mowing the tall green grass. Audry, the rattler, dressed in a beautiful summer yellow dress was on the porch with a little girl not more than four years ago. Suddenly an brodkill appeared out of nowhere with a friendly smile. Audry gave the brodkill a hug. She whispered quietly, ” Did you get it? I want his birthday to be perfect.”

Karl nodded showing her a map of canada. He grinned, ” I would not let my papa down. We found them at last.”

Audry nodded hanging a happy birthday banner to the porches overhang. The little girl, whom looked like a younger female version of Penitent grabbed a bucket of red paint and splattered it against the houses walls and windows giving a bit of a macabre look.

Audry called out, ”Boys he’ll be here shortly. Lets all get ready!”
After revealing all the choices. The Elf siliently awaits any questions intent on helping the heroes through this most difficult of times. What is clear to each hero is that this being offers you each a better life, a life you deserve. All you have to do is be willing to take it. Or he offers you access to your final destiny and well prepared as you ever could be to meet it.
Hans and Gretta
Gretta whispers to Hans almost crying, ”Is that dad Hans? I... Please Hans lets take this one. I... I am not sure I can do it... I don’t...” Being present with such a tempting offer of seeing her dad seems to have robbed her of her courage to keep going.
ndreare and Rod
. Ndreare’s com activates, Master, I detect no false hood from within the realms this Thoth has presented. My historical records indicate that is your son beyond. If it is your wish Master, I can go through to this final chapter and detonate the bomb I have carried all this way. If my projections are correct it contains enough force to destroy an alien intelligence. It should be able to dispatch Xy, and the vampire intelligence if that is whom awaits... Perhaps that is my purpose.

Player Note
Ok this is it. Once last chance for peace and some kind of happiness before the end. Please feel free to expand on the scene present, but note it is generally something that would very much appeal to your characters soul and true self. I tried my best based on your hindrances to craft something for each that if you took it would give you some kind of closure and happy ending.

Feel free to RP and ask questions. But eventually you will need to make a choice. Please have your character walk through either the portal to happiness or the portal to the final confrontation.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Architect

Post by Architect »

Uncertain of his time or place, Architect takes a seat and enjoys the refreshment. Pulls from the table a ripe mango and begins eating it. Carefully lapping up the squeezed juices on his scales, he looks at Thoth.

"The respite is welcome, though I am uncertain." Architect's pause is because he lacks the experience and the words to say it eloquently. His silence stretches on for a bit and then he seems to find the words.

"This cause we are on is great and it needs to be completed. While, I would enjoy myself, I am not certain how long it would be before self doubt and guilt drove the peace and joy from that life."

"I am young and still very inexperienced. Please forgive me if I have misunderstood."
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Thoth nods carefully understanding @Architect’s confusion. The old wise elf speaks to Architect with a certain amount of reverense, ” Yes, the cause is great. If it helps, I will see to it that it will be finished. There is one that holds an ancient device only used on three worlds in all history to devistating effect.”

Nearby Rodney beeps and boops hovering. From within the droid a basketball sized solid metal sphere is produced. It is a smooth sphere. The droid beeps again, ” An explosive...”

Thoth looks at the heroes, ” I simply offer you a choice to live a life that I would hope you deserve. I have been impressed by your kindness and wanted to return in kind.”

Rodney hovers near the large portal that leads forward to the final confrontation. The droid seems prepared to do what it needs to do make the vampires meet their end.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Architect

Post by Architect »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:39 pm Thoth nods carefully understanding @Architect’s confusion. The old wise elf speaks to Architect with a certain amount of reverense, ” Yes, the cause is great. If it helps, I will see to it that it will be finished. There is one that holds an ancient device only used on three worlds in all history to devistating effect.”

Nearby Rodney beeps and boops hovering. From within the droid a basketball sized solid metal sphere is produced. It is a smooth sphere. The droid beeps again, ” An explosive...”

Thoth looks at the heroes, ” I simply offer you a choice to live a life that I would hope you deserve. I have been impressed by your kindness and wanted to return in kind.”

Rodney hovers near the large portal that leads forward to the final confrontation. The droid seems prepared to do what it needs to do make the vampires meet their end.
"While it would be nice to reaquiant myself with old friends and family. It has been nearly three years since I began this journey. And I believe it has led me here to this place at this time."

Architect turns to the portal behind his chair waves to those beyond the portal as if to say, "Wait for me a bit longer."

Turning back to Thoth, "I once heard a human describe this situation as a rabbit hole. All you can see is the beginning and you never know how far or deep the rabbit hole goes."

"Thoth, thanks again for the hospitality. I will be seeing to the end of the vampires and maybe I can find a way to seal away the entity, Xy as well. I am the Architect after all. There must be a solution."

Architect turns back to the food and begins adorning himself with pineapple rings.
Architect
Quick Stats _
Veteran Chaing-Ku Dragon
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
Claws
Teeth
Flaming Great Sword
Powers
Available Powers _
Alchemy

Magic

Tattoo
Architect _

Chaing-Ku Dragon

Equipment of Note:

Architect Awakened
AwkTek
AwkTech -
Signature Block
Brody Conrey

Post by Brody Conrey »

The moon was high and a figure was sitting on a rock just a few feet from where the Mark skid to a halt.
Brody sees the Elf he is in awe of this place. Brody exits and listens to the Elf.
From the dirt grew earthen chairs, and a table with fresh fruits, and dried meats. ” Please... Have something to eat. You must be so tired.” The elf paused considering something and continued with care and an earnest pleasantness, ” My name is Thoth... Long ago on the world of palladium I defeated Xy putting him asleep, becoming his good side. Xy I am afraid can never be killed in the sense you are aware of.”
Brody sits and begins to eat, the voices in his head telling him it was all right. Brody is sore from all the wounds he has taken but none greater then the hurt he is suffering from seeing Penny go down under the horde of vampires. He concentrates again, He is curious yet very cautious of this strange encounter. Then Purple Cactus catches his eye. “I wonder what that would fetch on the open market? No, I shall not take it unless offered.”
I am sorry I could not speak to you... I was trapped.”He stresses was but does not go into the circumstances that changed his fortune. ” I wish you to know I am sorry I could not contain him within the well of souls. Extra planar entities saught to awake him. Thanks to another Hero their drums have been silenced.” The elf smiles briefly, ” I have watched you for some time in the guise of a dog, and know you are the heroes the land needs. You are tired, beaten, and in some cases broken.”
Brody listens to Thoth’s explanations, “Beaten and I lost Penny, and my new sword. The Sword!, Whisper, that I am supposed to help destroy this thing with. Great hero, really, I had one job to do and that was to bring the Frackin Sword to the battle and I don’t have it!."

Vision in the small 20 ‘ Rift.
The Portals open and he listens carefully. The open hallway, glistens before him, and then so does his choice.
You see a grassy area surrounded by rocks with a backdrop of a misty waterfall. A familiar woman carrying a blue blanket and brown wicker basket looks around for a brief seconded. She flaps the blanket and sits down opening the basket. She whispers,” Common Brody don’t be late...” She smiled stifling a small laugh waiting.
To Brody he sees a lovely woman she looks familiar but he can’t place his finger on it. She is beautiful, beyond beautiful. He wants to go, but then stops and speaks to the women, "I would love to go with you and stay in this place. But if you truly are the one for me then you would understand why I can't ." Brody hangs his head low and continues,raising his head, "Wish me luck and prayers, I really need it and maybe one day I will truly find my other half."

“Thoth, I cannot go to the vision that is before me, though I dearly wish I could. I have given my word and my word is everything to me and to who I am. I consider what I gave to Asnir, is binding as well as to my brothers and sisters here and now. But mostly to those allies and fallen, especially to Penny. I would not enjoy the life I see before me knowing that I did not live up to the others. Thoth, will I find Whisper? And if we choose the path to the confrontation does not mean we won’t ever find some happiness does it?”

“Oh the Purple Cactus. Is it safe can I have some ?”

Brody stands before the 20 foot portal and waits for the others .
Brody Conrey
Brody's Sheet

Brody Conrey,
OOC Comments
Psi Ghost from Psyscape.

Conditions:
PP 35/35

Aced
raise.

EP Aventure Card

OOC Comments

ITEMS
OOC Comments
+8 Armor.
+2 Toughness
Weapons:

NG-33 Laser Pistol

Thieves Toolkit
Sword "Whisper"
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Thoth nods in acceptance, ” It is your choice. I cannot guarantee you find this Whisperer if you go to the end. I can guarantee that one day you will meet... Bu please enjoy the fruit.” Brody gets a sense that the old elf may not mean in this life.

In the smaller portal Brody sees clearly now the woman is an old flame, Crissy. He still has a chance to be with her.
@Brody Conrey
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Ndrea looks through into the light. The sight is the one sight he has been questing for. A grasp or fragment of his lost family. Dropping to his knees his increadible restraint stops as he begins crying. His body wracks with poorly restrained sobs.

The battle in his heart with his longing to again be with his family wrestled with his intelectual knowledge that such a thing could not be real. This is a reflection of an alternate reality, his one true love was lost to him. But the knowledge does not reduce the pain of the opertuinty. There is a monster here that must be stopped, but the others could stop it.

Someone must fight Xy or he will creat many more horrors across the universe. Xy must be put back to sleep, must be incapacitated from his ability to harm this universe.

Unable to voice the words, unable to say clearly what is needed, Ndreare looks at Thoth and shakes his head. No, he cannot seek his heaven at the cost of so many others. He will join them in victory and death and their souls will be together again.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:58 pmWith a wave of his hand he opens a large 20ft wide portal. It is purple and arcane in nature but its surface is an opague pool of white light, ” I can offer you a choice. I do not make it lightly, but I make it because of the compassion you have shown me.” He smiles slightly at Ashlyn, ” To all you I offer a choice. This portal will lead you to a final confrontation so to speak. Beyond this portal is a hallway between worlds. Enter it and you will be refreshed and healed.” Suddenly smaller portals open up near each hero showing them people, or a place that speaks to their soul. ” Or you may choose to pass through these portals and have a life well deserved with much of the evil that has plagued your journey undone.” The wizened elf pauses wiping sweat from his brow as it was clear such a feat was taxing, ” My gift to you.” A gift or a torment...
Hans
The portal revealed Humble standing next to a large base that had the logo of the Black Company on it. Gretta and Han’s father were next to him. Sammy, and Sgt Hurt were walking down the road with a few wealthy looking clients.

Humble rumbled, ”Where is Hans?”

Gretta laughed, she seemed a little bit older and comfortable with the vibroblade at her side. She shrugged, ” Its not like him to be late to the meeting that will put the Black Company on the map.”

Nearby was black beauty magnificently parked. Its gangplank lowered and out clomped Iron Tick. He waved at the others yelling, ”Where is the main man?”
After revealing all the choices. The Elf silently awaits any questions intent on helping the heroes through this most difficult of times. What is clear to each hero is that this being offers you each a better life, a life you deserve. All you have to do is be willing to take it. Or he offers you access to your final destiny and well prepared as you ever could be to meet it.
Hans and Gretta
Gretta whispers to Hans almost crying, ”Is that dad Hans? I... Please Hans lets take this one. I... I am not sure I can do it... I don’t...” Being present with such a tempting offer of seeing her dad seems to have robbed her of her courage to keep going.

Player Note
Ok this is it. Once last chance for peace and some kind of happiness before the end. Please feel free to expand on the scene present, but note it is generally something that would very much appeal to your characters soul and true self. I tried my best based on your hindrances to craft something for each that if you took it would give you some kind of closure and happy ending.

Feel free to RP and ask questions. But eventually you will need to make a choice. Please have your character walk through either the portal to happiness or the portal to the final confrontation.
Looking through the portal, Hans feels himself torn. To see Greta and their father, Zaemon, as well as his old buddy Iron Tick would be wonderful. To see Sammy, Black Beauty, Sgt. Hurt, and the long lost Iron Tick again and doing well would also be wonderful. Gretta's words make it all the harder. It sounds like the reformed Black Company would be doing well, but I can find enough profit wherever I go. It would be almost disrespectful to reverse Iron Tick's sacrifice, and once he had the Juicer procedure, his time among us was made very limited. He knew he would die fairly soon and had chosen the time that he would do so.

"I wish I could take you up on the offer, Thoth. From what I understand, the Grubadorn Clan... my ancestral Clan... back on Shaintar needs this to succeed for them to survive. I cannot turn my back on them. I will have to stay the path and go face the final confrontation. As my father and mother were willing to do to protect the Clan back in Shaintar, I must throw myself into the breach and do what I can. If I was to take you up on the offer and they were to fail, I would not be able to forgive myself... nevermind the commitment I made to Asnir and Epim. I am in this to the end.

Is there anyway that you could help Gretta, however? She can go back to the Greubar Clan while I go and protect her, the Greubar Clan, the Grubadorn Clan, and by extension the whole world. I will be more at peace if I know she is safe back with the Clan."
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Thoth nodded understanding @Hans Greuber’s plight. Family was important. He gesture’s to the portal where Hans’ family and friends were waiting. The old elf says, ” Your choice is her choice. If you are truely from the Grubadorn clan...” His voice trails off as he ponders the meaning of Hans’ linneage.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

"I am sorry, Gretta. In order to protect both the Greuber and the Grubadorn Clans, we will need to proceed to the final confrontation with Xy. Our ancestral Clan in Shaintar needs. Our Clan here on Rifts Earth needs us. As our mother and father did before us in the mountains outside Charr, we must fight back against the evils that would destroy our peoples. We can do this. With those around us, helping us, we can do our part in saving our Clans. Epim and Asnir have brought us here for a purpose. We can do this. YOU can do this. We will succeed, with your help. I hope you will come to understand my decision, even if you don't right now."
Persuasion 5
Persuasion (+2 due being Older Brother)
  • Persuasion: [dice:z1s8w0b6]54240:0[/dice:z1s8w0b6]
    Wild: [dice:z1s8w0b6]54240:1[/dice:z1s8w0b6] [dice:z1s8w0b6]54240:2[/dice:z1s8w0b6]
    Result: 5 - Success
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Penitent

Post by Penitent »

Penitent reaches out instinctively toward the vision, wanting nothing more than to hold Audrey again and to live in this dream. But as he does, his gaze is drawn to his blackened, blood-stained gauntlet -- and he knows the stain extends much deeper than leather and steel.

Some sins cannot be wiped clean, even by a god, he thinks.

Once upon a time, the guilt of his sins had driven him to commit more evil, all in a quest to gain the power that would justify the path he'd chosen. Such power had proven empty. Eventually, when his soul was little more than a twisted husk, he'd found the strength to repent, walking into the flames and emerging an instrument of vengeance. His transformation into an apok had burned away the black shroud over his soul, but it had not absolved him of his past sins -- nor those he had committed since then. Penitent's past deeds were an iron weight he had agreed to carry.

Absolution was not the promise of forgiveness on the horizon, but the back-breaking, bone-grinding journey.

"If happiness finds me, it is a mercy, not some just reward," he says, his voice rasping like a notched blade on a whetstone. His eyes fix on the young girl in the dream, a reminder of another daughter wandering, lost, somewhere among the many worlds.

"I have sins yet to confess, debts to repay, injustices to balance," he says, turning away from the portal and from Thoth.

"My soul remains burdened. My blades remain bare. I remain ... Penitent.
Penitent
Quick Stats
Wormwood Apok
Bennies: 0/3 +1 Red Benny (1d10 for EE or 1d10 Wild Die on a reroll)
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d10 (1d12), Vigor d10 (1d12) -1 Fatigue
Charisma: -2 (-4); Pace: 8 (d10); Parry: 8 (9); Toughness: 20 (8) or 22 (8) with mask; 32 (18) with greater armor
Hindrances: Heroic, Death Wish, Overconfident, Delusional (Dunscon is the Unholy), Vow (Find daughter)
Notice d8, Intimidation d8+2
Edges and Abilities of Note: Improved Level-Headed (draw 3 initiative cards); Immune to Fear, +4 vs. mind control and possession; Notice roll to detect surprise attack or ambush by supernatural/magic foes; Ambidextrous + Two-Fisted; Gain AP 2 with melee attacks for 1 PPE; Champion
PPE: 4/20 + 10/10 (demon mask) + 10/10 (Karl - ?)
Powers (all Mega): armor with shroud trapping (ranged attacks are -1), auto-raise, cast as free action; blast with flammable and hallowed trapping (counts as cold and silver); fear with hallowed trapping (supernatural and magic are -2 to resist); quickness; smite with hallowed trapping (holy and silver), auto-raise, cast as free action.
Adventure Cards:
Active Effects: quickness with a Raise (Gains an extra round of actions, redraws Initiative of 8 or less), greater armor with a Raise (+10 Armor), and fly(at Pace)
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

The portal showed a street that was raining. Jessica Bronze’s shinning glitterboy was surrounded by fish head monsters with tentacle feet. Not more than 20 feet away Mercy’s Mark V, with its engine idling, was purring. Jessica’s tense voice came over the GB PA, ”Can O’ Beans, where is Mercy, she’ll want to get in on this bloodshed.”

Glancing from Penitent to Thoth, Mercy struggles to follow their conversation.

The whole reason I came here, to this hellish underworld was to find Jessica. And now I see her, in the rain, right there, surrounded by swuidie demons, what are we waiting for, let’s go.

From the Mark V, over its PA system, a high pitched tin voice called, ”Aye... There is a good question. What are you waiting for Mercy.”

Looking through the portal at Jessica, and her Glitter Boy power armor, Mercy stops the damaged Mark V with a sudden jerking movement.

Tuning out the others, the Crazie focus on her long lost friend Jessica.

About to punch it and drive through the portal, every fiber of restraint cries out:

”Guys!!! What are we doing!!! Why are we not already gone!!! It’s Jessica!!! Seriously need a answer why I shouldn’t go now!!! I’m going through unless y’all know something I don’t!!!”
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Mercy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:49 am
Tuning out the others, the Crazie focus on her long lost friend Jessica.

About to punch it and drive through the portal, every fiber of restraint cries out:

”Guys!!! What are we doing!!! Why are we not already gone!!! It’s Jessica!!! Seriously need a answer why I shouldn’t go now!!! I’m going through unless y’all know something I don’t!!!”

"There is more to this than our personal wants and needs. What would whoever you would be going back to say if they knew you had been called upon to put to rest an ancient evil threat, and that you turned your back on that to hide away with them. What would they say if by turning your back on the effort, you decreased its chance to succeed, and thus increased the risk to the rest of the multiverse... all for a bit more time with them? These are questions you need to ask yourself."
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

Hans Greuber wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:37 am "There is more to this than our personal wants and needs. What would whoever you would be going back to say if they knew you had been called upon to put to rest an ancient evil threat, and that you turned your back on that to hide away with them. What would they say if by turning your back on the effort, you decreased its chance to succeed, and thus increased the risk to the rest of the multiverse... all for a bit more time with them? These are questions you need to ask yourself."
Ndreare hears Hans trying to motivate Mercy, the words mean for another, but they affected him as well. She always believed in the greater good. She was the one he fought for, for so long. He could stay and battle some time more. But soon his time would come, maybe he would be allow to die and join them in whatever heaven Thoth showed them. Getting up from the ground Ndreare tries to clear his head. Putting his helmet back on he cleans and checks his gear. Then moves over to see how Mercy responds to the words Rodney floating next to him, the slight smell of ozone created by his gravitic field inverter the only thing to remind any of his presence as his cloaking field allows him to observe unobtrusively.
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

Mercy slowly turned to look at the dwarf known as Hans.

The insidious, insane look in her eyes fiercely pierced at Hans like a flaming dagger at a fluffy snowman.

Bitting her lower lip so hard she tasted blood the Crazie’s breathing came in raspy, rapid deep sharp blows. Her chest heaving with anger and... pleasure?

Sneezing loudly her head whipping long red hair wildly about she suddenly was silent. Still. Statuesque.

Then she spoke:

”Thoth. Are you the God of bad decisions? Moral ambiguity? The God of painfully rotten choices? What kind of God does this... sort of test?

The calm is gone for a moment: ”Fine!”

Then a serene tranquility engulfs her emotions once again.

Calmly: ”Alright. I’m in. Jessica would of course want me to see the bigger picture. You’re right of course Hans, the entire universe needs to be rescued and that obviously can only be done by us, the absolute most awesome powerful rainbow kitty warrior heroes and the God of stuff, Thoth.”

Flicking her long thick red hair back and out of her face Mercy touches one of the black nods on her head with her fingers.

”I, The undead and immortal Mercy offer my Neemian powers to you all. I will sacrifice my personal happiness and my being with Jessica to go save the world. I might be the new girl here but I can pull my weight. I have already lost Mark. He’s dead now. I will lose Jessica too. My dead heart aches. But...

The greater good. Hans you are as smart as you are sessy you yummy dwarf, lead on you little love bug.”
Ashlyn Alvarez
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ashlyn Alvarez »

Night
Round 0

Ashlyn stared at the image in the portal. She reached out her hand toward her parents, feeling the hot tears on her cheeks. “Mama...Papa…”

“Ashlyn... Ashlyn, breakfast is ready. Get your sister and come before it is cold,” her mother called.

Ashlyn’s heart leapt. She watched herself enter from the other room, a waddling toddler in two, the girl about three years old. Ashlyn wore the red and white robes of the Magdalenas, as she did when she was not in the field.

Ashlyn studied the baby. She was familiar, dark hair but blue-eyed.. The hair was Ashlyns, but the eyes…

“Maverick!” Ashlyn gasped. Her cheeks heated with shame. Her “sister”...

“I have to leave soon,” Ashlyn in the vision told her parents, settling down with the child on her lap, cosseting the girl, “go back to the convent. They are sending me back up to the Castle, and I don’t know when I will be back.” She looked down at the toddler sadly.

Ashlyn’s mother pressed her hand. “We will take good care of her,” she promised. “Maybe you should tell him while you are there?”

Ashlyn shook her head. “I don’t want to burden him. And what if the Mother Superior found out about my broken vows?”

Ashlyn turned away from the vision, wiping at the tears on her cheeks. Broken vows. Much as she longed for that reality -- and there was a time when she’d had such fantasies -- her parents died long ago. She had dealt with that pain. She had literally faced them both and given them the final death.

And there were all the rangers that had been taken. They had vowed to save them. What would happen to them in the hands of the vampires? Little more than cattle and slaves.

And then there was the threat of Xy.

“Much as it pains me, we were given to a greater purpose,” Ashlyn told Thoth. “If such a thing is possible after we defeat Xy, maybe we can talk again. You say you defeated him before. Can you aid us then? Give us the secret to his downfall?”

Character Tracker

Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Character Tracker
Wild Die always a d8
  • Deflection
  • Dispel
Adventure Cards
Sir Ndreare
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sir Ndreare »

With the lull in the action Ndreare turns to the new people. All three of them seemed competent and having been hand selected to aid them by Asnir helps, but nothing so much as a name. "I am Ndreare," Then indicating the drone flying above the group. "This is Rodney, we have been helping in what ways we can." the General holds his hand out to shake with those who will as he tries to get an idea of the teams newest members.

Looking each over with his races natural sight he is reassured to see the power in some of them. All the power and talents will be needed for the coming battle.

Exalted Detect Arcana 9 raise
Spirit roll +2
Spirit [dice:1j8f1g9k]54503:0[/dice:1j8f1g9k]
Wild [dice:1j8f1g9k]54503:1[/dice:1j8f1g9k]
Sir Ndreare (Rob T)
Ndreare
Current Status

Gear Charges:

Current effects:

Adventure Cards
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: 7.2 Catacombs of Zacatacus: Thoth’s Hold (RP)

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Thoth looks at @Ashlyn Alvarez with sadness in the old elf’s eyes. His voice is tired and a bit sad, ” I am afraid my battle with Xy is far too personal for me to fight him now. I have not always fought him, there was a time eons ago in palladium where I did not exist while he did. But heroes such as yourselves rose up against Xy and I was born from the cataclysmic ashes of the heroes who lost their lives. I am the essence of their spirit. Xy and I are tIed together... Sadly at this point I have done all I can do.”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

Return to “Chronicles of the Vampire Kingdoms”