Fauxalyn Norquinal (Elf Ley Line Walker- Inactive)

Put old stuff here
Foxx

Fauxalyn Norquinal (Elf Ley Line Walker- Inactive)

Post by Foxx »

Dice Rolls

Narrative Hook: = Alistair Dunscon's "True Federation."
[dice:3dbzg9kk]28498:0[/dice:3dbzg9kk]

Enchanted Items & Mystic Gadgets = Draining Blade
[dice:3dbzg9kk]28498:1[/dice:3dbzg9kk]

Experience & Widom = Danger Sense Edge
[dice:3dbzg9kk]28498:2[/dice:3dbzg9kk]

Magic & Mysticism = Rapid Recharge or Improved Rapid Recharge
[dice:3dbzg9kk]28498:3[/dice:3dbzg9kk]

Last two rolls, open to any category except Psionics:
Magic & Mysticism
[dice:3dbzg9kk]28498:4[/dice:3dbzg9kk]
Re-roll: [dice:3dbzg9kk]28498:7[/dice:3dbzg9kk]
re-roll: [dice:3dbzg9kk]28498:8[/dice:3dbzg9kk]
Reason for re-roll: Ley Line Walker starts with Rapid Recharge. The roll above picked up Improved Rapid Recharge and left this selection basically defunct.

Magic & Mysticism
[dice:3dbzg9kk]28498:5[/dice:3dbzg9kk]
Choosing 14.

Credits: [dice:3dbzg9kk]28498:6[/dice:3dbzg9kk]
Last edited by Foxx on Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fauxalyn Norquinal
Character Name: Fauxalyn, Foxx
Parry: 5; Toughness: 5, Armor: 12 (+7), Spell & Armor: 22 (+7 & +10)
PP: 65/25
Wound -1, Soul Wound
  • Ley Line Magic Master
  • Ley Line Rejuvenation
  • Ley Line Sense
  • Ley Line Transmission
  • Ley Line Walking
  • Ley Line Observation Sphere
  • Ley Line Phasing
Bennies: 2

Edges:
  • Improved Rapid Recharge
  • Danger Sense
  • Linguist

Powers

Armor/Greater Armor, Bolt/Onslaught, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Dispel/Exalted Dispel, Invisibility/True Invisibility, Teleport/Greater Teleport

Legendary Trait:
  • World of Badass - Wild dice now 1d8
Foxx

Character Sheet

Post by Foxx »

Player Name: Foxx
Google Handle: james patrick

Fauxalyn Norquinal a.ka. The Dark Fox, or Foxx
Wizard Attire
Race: Elf (Dökkálfar - Dark Elves)
Iconic Framework: Ley Line Walker
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5; Strain: 0; PP: 25
Skills:
  • Fighting d6
  • Know (Arcana) d12
  • Know (History) d8
  • Notice d8
  • Shooting d6
  • Stealth d6
  • Spellcasting(IF) d12

Racial Info
  • Agile (Racial Bonus): Elves are graceful and agile. Start with a d6 in Agility instead of d4
  • All Thumbs: Elves have an inbred dislike of mechanical objects, and thus have the All Thumbs Hinderance. They shun most mechanical items and designs.
  • Low Light Vision: Elven eyes amplify light like a cat’s, allowing them to see in the dark. Elves ignores attack penalties for Dim and Dark lighting
  • Distinctive D-Bee(-2): ; the Dark Elves are beautiful but their distinctive skin tone and ears make it harder for them to blend in. -4 when interacting with the Coalition and it’s brainwashed citizens.
  • Keen Senses (Audio)(1) : Living underground, the sense of hearing is more important than sight. +2 to Notice.
  • Power Points(1) : +5 Power Points. The Dökkálfar are the quintessential magical elven race. Everyone has some form of magical powers.

Hindrances
  • Overconfident (Major): Believes in her skills to the point where she can answer any challenge.
  • Loyal (Minor): The hero tries to never betray or disappoint her friends.
  • Enemy (Minor): Assassin from the “True” Federation of Magic are out to get her.
  • All Thumbs (racial): -2 to Repair. Device brokes on a roll of 1.

Edges
  • Master of Magic(IF): Mega-power spells
  • Rapid Recharge(IF): Regain 1 Power Point every 30 min.
  • Improved Rapid Recharge(HJ): Regain 1 Power Point every 15 min.
  • Danger Sense(HJ): Notice at -2 to detect surprise attacks/danger
  • Attractive: Charisma +2
  • Linguist: Smarts -2 to be understood in any language heard for a week. Languages: Spanish, Dragonese/Elven, Gobbley, Euro, Japanese, Faerie Speak.
  • Power Points: +5 Power Points
  • Ley Line Observation Sphere:(IF) 30 mph, range of one mile, can observe everything around sphere as if standing there. -2 multi-action while active.
  • Ley Line Phasing:(IF) full round to concentrate, on next round can teleport flawlessly to any other point along the same ley line. Cannot transport others.undefined

Spells
  • Armor (Darkness Protects): Power Points: 2; Range: Touch; Duration: 3 (1/round); +2 points of Armor, +4 points on raise.
    • Greater Darkness Protects: Power Points: 5; +5 points of M.D.C. Armor, +10 points on raise.
    • Trappings: Casters features become darker and enshadowed.
  • Bolt (Raven’s Strike): Power Points: 1 per missile; Range: 12/24/46; Duration: Instant; 2d6 bolt; 3 bolts per like amount of PP. For 2 PP, 3d6 once.
    • Raven Onslaught: Power Points: 2 - 8 or 4; Range: 18/36/72; throw four 3d6 bolts for two points each, or single for 6d6 for 4 PP. All Mega Damage
    • Trapping: Shadowy bolts manifest at the last second as an attacking raven.
  • Detect/Conceal Arcana: Power Points: 2; Range: Sight; Duration: 3 (1/round) or 1 hour (1/hour). Sense the supernatural within sight. Reverse to conceal a single supernatural item, being, or effect.
    • Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana: PP: 4; More analytical version of the spell. Masters of Magic spend 2 PP to use Detect.
    • Trapping: ‘Shadows, show me your secrets.’; ‘Shadows, protect ___’.
  • Dispel: PP: 3; Range: Smarts; Duration: Instant; Negate spells, miracles, mad science, super powers.
    • Exalted Dispel: PP: 6; Range: Smarts x 2; Duration: Instant (1d6 minutes); Dispel everything in a Large Burst Template, magic items shut down for 1d6 min.
    • Trapping: Waves a hand dismissively.
  • Invisibility (Darkness, Embrace me): PP: 5; Range: Self; Duration: 3 (1/round); transparent but vague outline, to Notice and attack -4, a raise makes completely invisible and penalty -6.
    • The Shadows Lover: PP: 10; True invisibility unless aggressive, -8 penalty to detect.
  • Teleport: PP: 3+; Special; Duration: Instant; disappear and instantly reappear up to 10” distant for each 3 PP spent, or 15” with a raise. Counts as movement for the round. -2 can’t see, -4 for area never been too.
    • Greater Teleport: PP: 5+; Special; Duration: Instant; disappear and instantly reappear up to 20” distant for each 5 PP spent, or 30” with a raise. Carry 5 without fatigue, with additional person incurring an automatic Fatigue level, per teleport power.
Last edited by Foxx on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:32 am, edited 13 times in total.
Fauxalyn Norquinal
Wound -1, Soul Wound
  • Ley Line Magic Master
  • Ley Line Rejuvenation
  • Ley Line Sense
  • Ley Line Transmission
  • Ley Line Walking
  • Ley Line Phasing

Edges:
  • Danger Sense
  • Linguist

Powers

Armor/Greater Armor, Bolt/Onslaught, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Dispel/Exalted Dispel, Invisibility/True Invisibility, Teleport/Greater Teleport

Legendary Trait:
Foxx

Background

Post by Foxx »

(Tomorrow Legion interview for Fauxalyn; edited for brevity)

Someone once asked how I was different from other elves that traveled through this wonderful world. Simple, we’re the first. I have known some, like yourself now, who lift an eyebrow at that statement; the sheer arrogance of it all. Do you not know that the great high elf lord deity did this, with that, with whom, on the eighth day of the winter equinox? Seriously, if your bored and you have that brooding, mysterious, elven stranger in your group ask him about the origin of his people. He will probably sit back, look off into sky and relate the tale. Then ask them about the Ljósálfar and watch. They always twitch. Mostly like they will not admit to knowing that name, but they do, they always do.

The Ljósálfar were the elves that walked on this world now devastated by the Rifts. It was the most ancient of times where gods walked among the mortals, monsters of legend were real, and man controlled the forces of nature. Like today, only with less alien creatures trying to take over. My people were the legends that inspired authors to create their wonderful stories. We were birth from natures womb, given form by the worlds ancient magic. From there we found purpose and strive to survive learning the secrets of magic that only could be learned by communing with the ancient spirit that is this planet. If sometimes you happen to be traveling by a ley line nexus, stop and try to listen. You may hear the heartbeat of the world there. Most do not bother to listen. They are too busy with whatever to listen and that is fine.

It was that heartbeat we knew to leave the world before it went dormant. The magic that sustained it passing as a new era advanced upon us. Our most powerful warriors and learned wizard beseech the Asgardian pantheon to allow us to take up residence in a far away world, one of their heavens. Nordic legend speaks of having several of them. The second one, Andlang, became our new home. We safeguard these ancient halls of the gods for the day when the end comes and the souls of the dead need a home to rest. Sure, laugh if you wish to tell me to remember the cataclysm that destroyed the Earth before now.

That was not the end of the world, just an era. If something were to happen to this world and it ended, then it is over everywhere.

Enough history, let you want to know more about me. A good topic and my favorite. You have the Ljósálfar, the elves of light, but you also have the Dökkálfar, the elves of darkness. Dear ancient saints, calm the hell down. I am not associated with those spider worshiping morons. A people who decide to follow an emotionally disturbed deity underground where she pits them against each other to make them 'stronger.' You wish to see an elf with a dead soul? Go to that forgotten place. The Dökkálfar do dwell underground, and the shadow is our friend. Our surface dwelling kin represents natures beauty and its wrath, while we represent its darker side.

A darker side you ask? Ever see nature allow something to grow beyond its ability to care for itself? Of course, not, herd animals are culled by predators. Wildfires destroy the overabundance of vegetation in a forest. Natural calamity reshapes the world into something better. What the dark elves of my people represent the natural process of culling evil. Unlike my surface dwelling kin, we do so in ways that some may think of as evil. I disagree with that because we hunt evil. Let me sum it up with simply:

'Diplomacy is good, striking fear into your enemies is the next resort. Filling graves have everlasting consequences. Never be afraid to strike down evil.'

So easy and yet so complex. Alas, I’ve gotten off track again. I was born to a powerful Ley Line Walker, my mother, and a very skilled warrior and assassin, my father. Living on Angland I was safe, yet bored. I possessed my mother natural talent for wielding the cosmic forces that strike fear into the hearts of brainwashed human men. My mother made me her personal apprentice and made my life a living hell. Not out of spite or jealousy or some weird notion of destiny. One day I simply blew the wall out of my quarters casting a bolt spell, at the age of nine. I was not just talented in magic, I was also quite potent. That kind of talent need the strictest form of discipline less I become a menace to everyone around me. Commitment, focus, and sheer will are things that make for the most powerful spellcasters in the multiverse. Anyone that says otherwise, is trying to sell you something. My mother invested these things in me so when I began to make my name I would not accidentally blast myself out of existence.

My father, he took advantage of my mother’s training to pass off his immense skill in the fighting arts. If, or when, magic may fail me and I needed to use cold steel to resolve any issues of violence. You’ve been interested in the blade I carry. I' draining hyanda, or as the techno-wizards call it, a draining blade. My father’s gift when I graduated his course in swordsmanship and murder. I see that look you are giving me again. Yes, I took the life of another sentient creature. I would call him a person, but that would be an insult to good people in the multiverse. An important lesson to learn here: people like sexy dark elves. Also, they seem to pay less attention when ‘occupied’ to avoid being stabbed to death. I would go more into detail, but you seem to be looking queasy.

My time with the Federation of Magic, sorry, the 'True' Federation of Magic. First, you have to understand that I did not spend all my time in Angland. I would also travel to Earth as it was now open for my kind to return. Not all my magical lessons came from my mother but from others whom I was able to seek out and compare notes. There are secret enclaves in the Magic Zone that are not as aligned with evil. Places of power that wish to remain anonymous due to the threat of drawing the ire of Dunscon. It was those mages that warned me that trying to interfere with the True Federation would get into more trouble than I could possibly handle.

Yes, yes, they were right. Alas, in the previous years when the Coalition was moving against its neighbors and not yet destroyed Tolkien. I had thought I could infiltrate the True Federation and perhaps inflict some harm to set them back on whatever plans they had for the future. It would seem that my arrogance exceeded my actual skill in performing such a feat. I say I have a dark nature that allows me to act immorally in certain situations. So I could pay lip service to evil and hobnob with the best. What the best require of one is to eat the flesh of children. Do not smile, I am not joking.

When one looks at the Coalition states and their fascist human's first ideology one can see the localized power in the government. One can see that its ideals will foster individuals who are devoid of any sort of humanity. Yet, you can not say that for everyone in the Coalition States. The people there are as much victim as they are the aggressor. What would you do in a world where the monsters were real and someone offered you a chance for safety? All you have to do is join your fellow humans under one banner; neat and simple.

I learn first hand that what Alistair Dunscon has created is a nation of evil. While Tolkien lost its innocence due to bloodlust and brutal anger, the Federation is an allegiance of evil. Everything that Dunscon embraces is corrupt and unnatural. He has truly gone mad and he will see that madness spread through the continent. He has summoned so much evil into his Federation that it is truly the threat that many fear it to be. So much badness that even the Dökkálfar can do nothing against it. I can kill one demon, a host of them, or even their summoner. They would be replaced too easily by another wanting to be part of Dunscons plans for the future. Faced with such evil I lost focus. Instead of being a scalpel removing cancer, I became chainsaw. I burned the child eating monsters away, but now I am known and cannot safely go back into the Magic Zone without one of Federation agents attempting to kill me. No doubt, even as we speak, someone is looking for me to pay the tab I incurred in my impetus lashing out.

So I cannot go back to my allies in the Magic Zone as that would complicate their lives. There are too many innocents that would suffer. Yes, I could go home as well and forget about this place. Seeing what is here and what the people have to suffer through I cannot in good conscience leave here without at least playing some small part in helping. Perhaps playing a smaller role I can do more good. Ugh, humility, it tastes so bitter.
Last edited by Foxx on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fauxalyn Norquinal
Wound -1, Soul Wound
  • Ley Line Magic Master
  • Ley Line Rejuvenation
  • Ley Line Sense
  • Ley Line Transmission
  • Ley Line Walking
  • Ley Line Phasing

Edges:
  • Danger Sense
  • Linguist

Powers

Legendary Trait:
Foxx

Gear

Post by Foxx »

Ley Line Walker Medium Armor
Dark Elf Style
  • Armor Value: +7
  • Strength Minimum: NA
  • Environment Protection:
  • Weight: 8 lbs.
  • Cost: 12,000
  • Note: comes with a break mask and magical filter system that provides +4 to Vigor rolls against airborne toxins and diseases. Its bulk is a bit harder to conceal (−2 on such efforts)
  • Minor TW upgrade: +2 armor
  • Minor TW upgrade: Magical trapping, PP:1; increases stealth by one die type

NG-33 Laser Pistol (TW)
  • Range: 15/20/60
  • Damage: 2d4+2, AP 2
  • RoF: 1
  • Shots: 20
  • Weight: 4 lbs.
  • Notes: Semi-auto, 2 PP to recharge magazine.
  • Minor TW upgrade: +1 to damage

I'draining hyanda (Draining Blade) (TW)
  • Damage: Str+d8
  • Weight: 7 lbs.
  • Cost: 3 million
  • Notes: Costs 3 PP to charge for +2 damage. Spend 3 PP before an attack, on a successful hit, target opposed Spirit roll vs wilder Fighting result to resist both Lower Traint (Vigor) and Slow

NG-S2 Survival Pack:
  • One two-person tent, insulated against up to -40 degrees Fahrenheit. It has water collection capabilities, capturing ambient humidity and evaporating water from occupants, thus extending water supplies by 20%.
  • One sleeping bag, also insulated
  • One flashlight, with a concealed pocket knife. Miniaturized solar panels give it near-infinite operation under typical conditions.
  • One biometric compass/inertial mapper. Body motion provides necessary power, and the system lets the user know how far and in what direction he’s traveled over time (+2 to Survival rolls related to land navigation. A mirrored back allowed for reflective signaling to if the sun is out.
  • One short-range radio, range 5 miles.
  • One hunter/fisher kit, containing wires, line, hooks, and other elements necessary for fishing and small game trapping. This provides +1 to Survival checks where food gathering is concerned.
  • Three saw wires, composed of serrated, high tensile strength wire and two ring handles. Capable of slicing through wood, stone, and even non-Mega metals
  • One fire starter, a combination solar powered ignition cell and flint sparker (with six extra flints).
  • Four signal flares
  • One survival knife, one small hatchet, and one wooden cross
  • One climbing kit with 30 feet lightweight cord, a pair of climbing gloves, four ceramic spikes, and a small mallet.
  • One bar of soap and a sterilized cloth.
  • One canteen
  • Two weeks worth of minimal sustenance survival rations in sealed pouches.

Formal Clothes (Dark Elf Chic)

Credits: 454,150
50,000 Loan to LC.

Contacts
Last edited by Foxx on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:28 am, edited 9 times in total.
Fauxalyn Norquinal
Wound -1, Soul Wound
  • Ley Line Magic Master
  • Ley Line Rejuvenation
  • Ley Line Sense
  • Ley Line Transmission
  • Ley Line Walking
  • Ley Line Phasing

Edges:
  • Danger Sense
  • Linguist

Powers

Legendary Trait:
Foxx

Advancements

Post by Foxx »

Advances
Please list all Edges and Advances taken for your character here

Iconic Framework
  • Arcane Background (Magic): Ley Line Walkers are powerful arcane wielders. They begin with five powers, 15 PPE, and a d8 Spellcasting skill.
  • Expanded Awareness: Ley Line Walkers can detect arcana at will, with no PPE cost, as a free action.
  • Ley Line Magic Mastery: As a free action, can roll their Spellcasting skill to draw PPE from a line at a distance of Spirit x 3, and multiple current maximum PPE by x3 while at that distance or closer
  • Ley Line Rejuvenation: while on a ley line, a Walker gains natural healing roll once per day.
  • Ley Line Sense: can sense a ley line within 10 miles, automatically tell how powerful it is, what direction it flows, where it meets other ley lines at nexus points, and other aspects. Same for nearby Rifts; sense the eruption of a new Rift or one opening anew at 50 miles.
  • Ley Line Transmission: Walkers able to send and receive spoke messages along ley lines, at any distance. This can be a wide broadcast that anyone along the line can hear, or it can be directed to a single recipient.
  • Ley Line Walking: walk the line as through walking across level ground. She can fly at twice her Pace, at an altitude as high as 1,000 feet.

Hero’s Journey
  • Narrative Hooks
    • 5, Alistair Dunscon’s “True Federation.”
    • Had dealings with the Federation till it all went to hell.
  • Enchanted Items & Mystic Gear
    • 17, Draining Blade
    • A gift from her father to augment her physical combat skills
  • Experience & Wisdom
    • 8, Danger Sense
    • She’s seen enough trouble to know it’s coming
  • Magic & Mysticism
    • 13, Improved Rapid Recharge
    • Often one crisis is quickly followed by another, the caster needs to get his energy back.
  • Magic & Mysticism
    • 19, Choose the previous result
    • 14, One power they hero knows if cast successfully automatically raises.
    • Power chose: Armor Spell
  • Magic & Mysticism
    • 19, Choose the previous result
    • 17, all damage-dealing spells do Mega Damage, all normal Mega Damage spells gain +5 AP.

Advances
  • Initial Advances: (From Hindrances): Linguist, Attractive
  • Cybernetic Modifications:
  • Novice 1 Advance: Power Points
  • Novice 2 Advance: Smarts d10
  • Novice 3 Advance: Know (Arcana) d10 and Spellcasting d10
  • Seasoned 1 Advance: Ley Line Observation Sphere
  • Seasoned 2 Advance: Smarts d12
  • Seasoned 3 Advance: Spellcasting d12 and Know (Arcana) d12
  • Seasoned 4 Advance: Teleport
  • Veteran 1 Advance: Ley Line Phasing
  • Veteran 2 Advance: Spirit d10
  • Veteran 3 Advance:
  • Veteran 4 Advance:
  • Heroic 1 Advance:
  • Heroic 2 Advance:
  • Heroic 3 Advance:
  • Heroic 4 Advance:
  • Legendary 1 Advance:
  • Legendary 2 Advance:
  • Legendary 3 Advance:
  • Legendary 4 Advance:
Last edited by Foxx on Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fauxalyn Norquinal
Wound -1, Soul Wound
  • Ley Line Magic Master
  • Ley Line Rejuvenation
  • Ley Line Sense
  • Ley Line Transmission
  • Ley Line Walking
  • Ley Line Phasing

Edges:
  • Danger Sense
  • Linguist

Powers

Legendary Trait:
Foxx

Re: Fauxalyn Norquinal (Elf Ley Line Walker) (Ready for Revi

Post by Foxx »

The money spent and listed for approval

Ley Line Walker Medium Armor - 12,000
Magical addon:
+2 armor - 5,000
Magical Trapping: Darkness: Stealth: 1 Power Point causes darkness to cling to the armor, increasing Stealth by one die type. - 5,000

Modifying the NG-33 Laser Pistol
Making the TW conversion: 650
Magical addon:
+1 damage - 5,000

Formal clothes (dark elf chic) - 200

Credits: 4150
Fauxalyn Norquinal
Wound -1, Soul Wound
  • Ley Line Magic Master
  • Ley Line Rejuvenation
  • Ley Line Sense
  • Ley Line Transmission
  • Ley Line Walking
  • Ley Line Phasing

Edges:
  • Danger Sense
  • Linguist

Powers

Legendary Trait:
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Re: Fauxalyn Norquinal (Elf Ley Line Walker) (Approved)

Post by Ndreare »

Retired, player ghosted.

This character has 5 earned experience not shown above.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades