23 - Returning Home...

Post Reply
User avatar
Ndreare
Savage Siri
Posts: 3800
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Skagit County, Washington
Contact:

23 - Returning Home...

Post by Ndreare »

Finally pulling into the village outside of refuge the heroes are able to meet up with the vehicle and the men they sent ahead. In town the old rig has been worked on enough to get it moving. But the remaining hour long journey into refuge will be more miserable for those in the vehicle than those walking or flying outside.

Ruben greets you his face still a little Pale he nods towards the town. “You all saved a lot of lives. I cannot believe how many bugs where in that little hive.” But you can tell by his demeanor that he is distracted worried about the approach into Refuge and the knowledge of what awaits there.

The whole of the 99 are able to get a couple hours rest before moving on. As @L.C. gives the order wanting everyone in the best condition for what may be a hostile reception. As they drive the tension grows among the gathered heroes. Refuge is a symbol of hope and optimism. To find that a demon moves among the revered halls unperceived is something that now drives deep into the hearts of the 99. The subtle nature of the corruption and ability to hide so well even when divine skills of a legendary mystic are applied is the most unsettling. Until the source of the corruption and the demon himself is destroyed, how can you trust anyone in the Castle, or settlement around it, when even your own family could be the enemy.

But as the Giant APC approaches instead of trouble the 99 see the Castle appears to be operating as usual. Th guards at the security check point seem friendly and even natured. But still something grabs at your chest preventing you from relaxing as they radio around and find a garage that has room to work on the Bandito APC.

As the 99 disembark each of them is assigned to investigate and look for signs of the corrosion. Somewhere here in Refuge is the demon seen in The Hell of Wasting Pestilence and Corruption. It is time, time to look for the vile creature and its spawn, to save Refuge itself.

This place feels unsafe down to your bones. You do not know if it is just the placebo of what you have been told, or if it is something more and deeper. But the reality of it is you feel the corruption around you, while everyone else seems to be going about their lives unaware.

The thief stabbed in the street, the child being tormented by bullies, the men and women hungry, even within the safe walls. Each little thing something expected and easily ignored on their own. But Refuge is a place of hope where such things should not be. Have your eyes been opened from the last year in the field or has the place truly changed so much?


Instruction
This is it. Time to go and move around Refuge looking for the signs of corruption.

Write a story of your experiences living in refuge over the next week. It will take 6successes to find a corrupted of high enough importance to move to the next scene and follow it back and learn more.

Each of you make a Networking roll -2 (Intimidation or Persuasion per Savage Worlds pg 133). (Allied extras helping you provide +1)
  • Critical Failure costs you 1 token and you are ambushed by a corrupted, taking 1 wound and 1 fatigue in corruption (does not recover from magic)
  • Failure grants you 0 tokens and you are ambushed by a corrupted, taking 1 fatigue in corruption (does not recover from magic)
  • Success grants you 1 token
  • Raise grants you 2 tokens

Using intimidation will grant +2 (effectively ignoring the -2), but cost you a benny as you begin to feel the darkness in your own heart.
The effort of searching and looking for clues takes 1 week. If the team does not have 10 successes at the end of week one, I will post a second week.


IMPORTANT NOTES
Remember the following allies are with you and can be trusted.

Renee Harris Private Second Class Juicer
Ruben Guilong Mystic
Mike & Sheela – Fallen Cyber-knights (veterans = stats as per Savage Foes of north America)
Cody Fillmore – Combat Cyborg (veterans = stats as per Savage Foes of north America)
Unnamed – Squad of 4 veteran soldiers


Difficulty adjusted based on Leethe and 27 moving on.

Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5; Mission: Get Revenge on Durrack
  • +6 Players
    +1 Sidekicks (Not counting Rust Bucket who is temporary out of play)
    -2 Benny for Special Ritual & Extra Effect
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    +1 Joker again
    -1 reroll not to fly away
    -1 Reroll to hit Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 Reroll to damage Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 New Card for Debrek to go before Thissok

Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4, Murder a man at his place of business]




Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative without rerolls.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*][b]Quick rerolls 16 or less[/b]
[*][b]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 24 or less (SWD only)[/b]
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]




  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

    3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

    4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

    6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

    9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

    11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

    12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Sal
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:36 am

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Sal »

Sal with streetwise and a bonus from Mike and Sheelia... [dice:2rmidd0a]61914:0[/dice:2rmidd0a] wild [dice:2rmidd0a]61914:1[/dice:2rmidd0a]
The ride to Castle Refuge
Sal looked up at Ruben when he mentioned the hive... Was it really that many? He was snacking on some cheese found in the way back of the cave. But something about just leaving all the dead Xictic did not sit well with him, “Hey Rubs... Do you think, by way of solid thought, that folks will pay for the Xicitic? In my sorid past, as it were, in the labs I grew up in I once heard that the CS have an outstanding bounty on the bugs. Could we or you haul them to a nearby outpost. If you did it maybe we compensate you in some small measure...”

His voice trailed off when he saw refuge. He had expected demon sized flags and colors, but this... It looked rather normal. Absently he clawed at his chest as if trying to remove something, “Hmmm... Can you feel it? It feels like something is grabbing my chest...” He looked down goofy like realizing it was his own paw. With a sheepish grin he rubbed his cyber arm, “Still though... If you had not told me demons were here there is something off about it...”

Sheelia tussled Sal’s hair in the back trying to rub out the uneasy feeling Sal had picked up on, “Never thought we would see the Castle. Coake told Mike and I about it once... Asked us to help him with the refugees.”

Ever near to Shelia, Mike grimaced and shieled his face from the shinning castle, “We told him to go to hell. Feels like he found it finally. Hehe... But we got your back Sal. Find us a demon and we will stab it.”
Over the course of the next week Sal meandered through the castle looking around ever trailed by his two cyber knight body gaurds... Mostly he was trying to find his cousin.

In the street Mike knelt to the body... It was a ratman similar to Sal in color. Sal squeaked out, ”My cousin...”

Sheelia shook her head, “Poor Rat... Dead... Sorry Sal, I knew how much you were looking forward to seeing him.”

Mike got up and looked arround the street. It was late and people were walking by without a care. A few flickering lights were on in some of the buildings, “Doesn’t look like there were any wounds... What is wrong with these people, just sodding on like that?”

Sal wiped his eyes for a second and pulled out a block of munster, munching on it and grieving in his own way. “Awww... Yeah.... What is wrong with folks...” He sobbed a bit. Cousin... All he had was a letter from him inviting him to come to the castle. Never even got a chance to tell him thanks.

Near a young boy was pushed to the ground, and angry feller towered over the kid, “Whats the matter Alex? Where is the 13th now? No sorry ass Jude gonna save you this time eh?” The larger kid had a pipe studded with some weird tech to it. The angry boy continued his assult both verbal and physical, “What do you even call this garbage Alex? I call it a beat stick!” Thwack! The large boy reared back for another hit on the kid named Alex...

Sal was there in a flash. His cyber arm transformed into its melter mode. Sal squeaked firmly, “Stop... I’ll shoot if you strike this kid again...”

The bully laughed not carring about a pipsqueak ratling, ”Oh thats rich! You and what army?” The bully’s hand came down to strike Sal with the weird science pipe. But it never made it. The shinning blade of Cyber Knight Mike had severed it!

Shelia came running up from behind catching the bully as he stumbled from shock. She yelled at Mike, “Mike! Damnit! Its ok fella... Easy, we’ll find Fritz and he can sow you up nice...” The bully’s eyes rolled back into his head as he muttered a curse. As he fell unconsious a wand dropped from his other attached hand.

The kid that had been beaten got up off the ground with some help from Sal. The two were about the same height. Sal squeaked, “My name Sal... Are you ok my little friend?”

The kid brushed his hair from his face, and some of the much off his hands. He shook Sal’s paw, “Oh yeah I am fine.. The name is Alex, thank you for... Uhh Ramon is a bit off of late. Oh wow did you cut his hand off with a psi blade? What is up with your arm, do you want to see my Power Armor? When did you get here? Are you staying for long?”

Sal smiled at the barrage of questions and held up a paw, “First lets get your friend, Ramon mended... He seemed a bit grouchy... Then second you tell me a little bit about what is going on here.”
Bennies 0
+
Sal at a glance
Attributes: Agility d8(2 race), Smarts d12(3, 1 advance), Spirit d8(2), Strength d4, Vigor d8(2 advances)
Pace: 8 d8 run die; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)in armor ; PPE: 30
Skills of Note: Notice d8, stealth d8, thievery d6, common kn d6, TW d12+2
Combat Edges: Level Headed, Quick, and Elan
Powers: 30/12 PPE left, 2 out of 6 devices created
Has an Environmental Protection Device with 5ppts left
Spend 5 of his own PPE (Shadow Cloak with normal sight based invisibility -4, and Greater Boost to TW)
Everyone has environmental Protection Acid on them also gives them 4pts of damage reduction if they are attacked by acid!
Everyone also has +2 die types to shooting and a freereroll on every shooting action.

User avatar
Maggie
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 am

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Maggie »

Maggie's Persuasion Roll 7 +3 Support from Steven = 10, 2 Successes
Persuasion [dice:222yrn1n]62252:0[/dice:222yrn1n] (using connections edge to offset -2 scene penalty with GM permission)
Wild [dice:222yrn1n]62252:1[/dice:222yrn1n] + [dice:222yrn1n]62252:5[/dice:222yrn1n]
Steven's Support Roll 12, +3 to Maggie
Notice [dice:222yrn1n]62252:2[/dice:222yrn1n]
Wild [dice:222yrn1n]62252:3[/dice:222yrn1n]
Vet Soldiers Support Roll 3, +0 to Maggie
Persuasion [dice:222yrn1n]62252:4[/dice:222yrn1n]
Maggie steps out of her suit, leaving it secured in the Legion garage, and rolls her shoulders, getting loose. Walking around in a Glitter Boy is a better on the body than being cooped up in an ATV, but not by much. She gives a nod to the rest of the team, and calls over Col. Hawke.

"Okay, Colonel, let's see what you and your boys can come up with. Intake for friendly mercs is over there," she waves in the direction of the admin offices, "and I'll take you over there. Once you get checked in, you'll be assigned someone to give you the grand tour, so to speak, of the common portions of the castle. Keep your eyes peeled and let me know anything you find."

To Steven, she says, "Get airborne and see what you can see. Report back anything out of the ordinary; let's see if whatever's here slips up and gives us some kind of clue as to what's going on."

For her part, Maggie does what she typically does at Refuge: she activates her ability to alter her aura (conceal arcana). A handful of people at Refuge know her true nature, including the 99th, now, but there was no need to advertise to everyone else.

She heads into town, paying visits to her Black Market contacts, who have some very interesting things to share.
Maggie and Steven
Maggie
Pace: 6, run d6 Parry: 7; Toughness: 16(7)
Edges/Notes: Champion, Danger Sense, Field Intel, Martial Artist

Steven
Pace: 12, 2d6 running, 85 mph when jackrabbit running; Parry: 7; Toughness: 18(7) MDC; Strain: 0; Size: +1
Edges/Notes: Nimble, Quick, Weakness (Electricity)
Character Sheet

User avatar
Gridia Thorem
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:30 am
Location: Lousiville, KY

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Gridia Thorem »

Persuasion = 6
Sorry everyone, school quarter started this week, been pretty busy. Forgot what homework does to your free time :(
Persuasion - d4, -2 scene, -1 LLW Socially Awkward = 1d4-3

Persuasion[dice:21jzxo9s]62253:0[/dice:21jzxo9s]
Wild[dice:21jzxo9s]62253:1[/dice:21jzxo9s]

Wild Ace:
Wild [dice:21jzxo9s]62253:2[/dice:21jzxo9s]
Gridia was relieved to return to the Refuge, even with the circumstances as they were. He returned to his designated bunk to rest his feet. It's been a while since he's walked so far without flying along a ley line. He feared his use of the line might expose him to the corruption.

"Finally back?" a squeak of a voice chimes in from around the bunk. Amelia was another Ley Line Walker that Gridia had encountered in his time with the Refuge. She was one of the other walkers that command often sent off for recon. ""Not a moment too soon." Gridia smirks. Does she know?

Gridia decides to act like everything is normal. He decided he can't be too sure. Moving around his usual day to day at the Refuge, he tries to get information any way he can. It's tough at first, but after a few days, Amelia confronts Gridia. "You know don't you?" She says, as she shove Gridia into an unoccupied room. "It's why you're not using the line isn't it?" her words like daggers as though she's reprimanding Gridia.

"Are you spying on me!?" Gridia snipes back. He's still unsure how to respond.

"Truly you're an idiot of a walker if you've not noticed!" she starts again. "Something is taking hold of the legion."

Gridia's shoulders fall with relief. She knows! He sits with her for a time, listening to what she's found out. It isn't much, but it just might be enough to help the 99.
Last edited by Gridia Thorem on Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Quick Stats
Race: Elf
Class: LLW

PPE: 34/60
Bennies: 0/4
Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 0/2

Attributes: A d6; Sm d12; Sp d8; St d4; V d12

Pace: 6 (48 flying [9 rounds]); Parry: 5 (+1 w/ Equipped Staff); Toughness 8 (6 mdc [9 rounds]); Strain: 0
Active Powers
  • Swift Flight (fly at pace of 48)
    Greater Protection (+6 MDC)
Combat Edges
  • Power Surge
  • Elan; Luck
  • Tough As Nails
  • Improved Level Headed

User avatar
Sir William Mahan
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:36 pm

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Sir William Mahan »

Persuasion 5
[dice:346e87i7]62279:0[/dice:346e87i7] Wild [dice:346e87i7]62279:1[/dice:346e87i7]+1 for Cyber Prestige
Sir William seeks out others he knows to be warriors for good - Lyn-srial, Glitter Boys, and the like. As casually as he can manage (not very), he probes for information about changes in the Castle over the last several months. A friendly Lyn-srial named Crionofenarr tells him that he's planning to leave for the West soon. "There's something in the air here. Can't put my finger on it, but... there's something."

Glitter Boy Leviticus Overton is more explicit. "I don't like some of the orders coming down from above lately. Something doesn't smell right. If you know more, tell me - I'm game for a scrap in a good cause."

Slowly, Sir William starts to see a pattern. He wonders if the others see the same thing...
Sir William Mahan
Character Name: Sir William Mahan
Parry:8, Toughness: 14(8), -2 to hit vs tech
ISP: 5 /20
  • Speed: Double pace
  • Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and melee
  • Quickness: Act twice
  • Healing: Remove 1 wound
Bennies: 1
  • 4 starting
Combat Edges:
  • Combat Sense - 1/2 gang-up bonus
  • Two-Fisted - attack with both hands, no penalty
  • Ambidextrous - no off-hand penalty
  • First Strike - pre-empt opponent moving into melee 1/round
  • Frenzy - one extra melee attack, -2 to all attacks
  • Champion: +2 damage and toughness vs supernatural evil

User avatar
Fritz
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 3:59 pm

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Fritz »

Fritz is a bit taken back. He has not been in Refuge in several years. The city itself has changed and he is uncertain if he knows where to go next.

Looking back at the cyborg, Sgt. Fillmore, he has an idea and decides to ask around about the best chop shops in Refuge, all the while looking for his TLIO contacts in the city.

Finding a few partial and full conversion borgs on the streets of Refuge, the pair actually stops and chats with them asking about where the best places are to get upgrades, modifications, and fine tuning done for cyberwear.

Networking (Persuassion) 6 _
Scene Modifier: -2
Allied Extra: +1
Streetwise: +2
[*] Persuassion (1d8) [dice:254i2nei]62310:0[/dice:254i2nei]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:254i2nei]62310:1[/dice:254i2nei]
Fritz
Quick Stat _
Legendary Human MARS Intel Operative
Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 7 || Toughness: 6 [10 /6] || Strain: 0
Wounds: 0 of 3 || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Alertness
    Quickness
    Soldier
Relevant Edges:
  • Conditioned
    Field Intel
    Iron Jaw
    Strong Willed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Ndreare
Savage Siri
Posts: 3800
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Skagit County, Washington
Contact:

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Ndreare »

TEAM = 7 Successes
Sal wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:41 pm
The ride to Castle Refuge]Sal looked up at Ruben when he mentioned the hive... Was it really that many? He was snacking on some cheese found in the way back of the cave. But something about just leaving all the dead Xictic did not sit well with him, “Hey Rubs... Do you think, by way of solid thought, that folks will pay for the Xicitic? In my sorid past, as it were, in the labs I grew up in I once heard that the CS have an outstanding bounty on the bugs. Could we or you haul them to a nearby outpost. If you did it maybe we compensate you in some small measure...”
Ruben nods thinking. “Yeah, um I guess I recall something about a bounty. Maybe we can get some men to look into it and clear them out. See what the CS will pay for the ones we can recover.”

Sal Knows he can trust Ruben to see to it, or have men be about the work. After all if you cannot trust Ruben, who can you trust.
Sal wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:41 pm
The kid brushed his hair from his face, and some of the much off his hands. He shook Sal’s paw, “Oh yeah I am fine.. The name is Alex, thank you for... Uhh Ramon is a bit off of late. Oh wow did you cut his hand off with a psi blade? What is up with your arm, do you want to see my Power Armor? When did you get here? Are you staying for long?”

Sal smiled at the barrage of questions and held up a paw, “First lets get your friend, Ramon mended... He seemed a bit grouchy... Then second you tell me a little bit about what is going on here.”
Alex looks up at Sal, there was something strangely familiar about the mutant and Alex felt an instant kinship. Heck even with their excessively violent entrance Alex felt like he knew this guy and he was someone he could trust. “Around here? Not much, only everyone everywhere down here just gave up caring. It is like something sad happening in their hearts. People come and start off all chips. But then within a month or so they realize Refuge is just like everywhere else. Seated in corruption and the further you get from the Castle the worse it is.”

“I mean sure you can go to the castle and see people smiling and all the legionnaires coming and going. But try and look deeper, you will find all the real heroes get out as soon as they can. The ones who stay start changing, and I think it is time to get out of here. You know I am a Power Armor Pilot and skilled at it too. I ran with a SET for a while, but they sent me home. I think it is time for me to get out of here quick.”
Dusting himself off the boy seems to realize something last minute and turns towards Sal. “You want to know how bad it is getting. My buddy Joey the Twist was just like everyone else, until he got picked up for picking a pocket. Came back the next day and he was dead inside. Like he lost the ability to care. One day, that’s all it takes is a day.”

Maggie wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:41 am
To Steven, she says, "Get airborne and see what you can see. Report back anything out of the ordinary; let's see if whatever's here slips up and gives us some kind of clue as to what's going on."

For her part, Maggie does what she typically does at Refuge: she activates her ability to alter her aura (conceal arcana). A handful of people at Refuge know her true nature, including the 99th, now, but there was no need to advertise to everyone else.

She heads into town, paying visits to her Black Market contacts, who have some very interesting things to share.
Steven patrol turns up useful. As he goes, higher he is able to see a clear pattern of rings. Businesses and locations that seem to be surrounded in darker lighting, as if they do not want to be exposed to the sunlight. The shadows of clouds moving overhead always seem to move such that those few places remain under shade. A blessing for sure in the desert, but here is is simply creepy to see from above.

For her own efforts Maggie finds her contacts willing and able to help. The chatter is all the same, things are getting bad and good business says it is time to get away from refuge. The amount of gear they see ‘recirculated’ is starting to get unsettling and two of her underworld contacts have simply disappeared. These disappearances are starting to cause trust issues. People are even suspecting their could be a vampire hiding in the city somehow. But wouldn’t the administration be able to tell?

When Hawke returns and meets up with Maggie he is virtually ready to leave. “This place is not what I was told. Things here are getting real tense, I seen trouble boil over and this place is about to boil over. Seems a lot of people disappearing and some of them when they come back, they are different.”

Gridia Thorem wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:57 am

Gridia's shoulders fall with relief. She knows! He sits with her for a time, listening to what she's found out. It isn't much, but it just might be enough to help the 99.
His conversation with Amelia is a productive one as Gridia learns of all the little signs she had seen and things she had learned in the last few weeks. Working for administration she had noticed that while they seem unaffected on the outside. Those in the castle are being affected as well. But somehow, unlike those in the periphery around the castle they are more fully affected, less conflicted and the results are scarier. Like the difference between watching a crazy man attack someone in an instant out of the castle, versus watching people coldly plot the death of others inside. The veneer of Refuge is there, but the decisions, sending people across country into vampire lands only to have them turn around and come right back. Sending other through rifts into hot spots in the magic zone. Legionnaires are dying in mass in the field and they keep sending them on missions that do not make sense.

One on one the situations seem to make sense, ‘go help these people’ or ‘go help those people’ but when you look at it as a whole it is like 13 minds each sending their own pet Legionnaires out to die in conflicts with little to no lasting impact. Most of the Legionnaires sent out are even turning out psychotic. After action report after report discribing mass murder or brushing over very unRefuge behavior and no one bats an eye. “This is not what I signed up for, me and some other are leaving Gridia, you should come with us. Before this place claims you as well.”
Sir William Mahan wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:26 pm
Sir William seeks out others he knows to be warriors for good - Lyn-srial, Glitter Boys, and the like. As casually as he can manage (not very), he probes for information about changes in the Castle over the last several months. A friendly Lyn-srial named Crionofenarr tells him that he's planning to leave for the West soon. "There's something in the air here. Can't put my finger on it, but... there's something."

Glitter Boy Leviticus Overton is more explicit. "I don't like some of the orders coming down from above lately. Something doesn't smell right. If you know more, tell me - I'm game for a scrap in a good cause."

Slowly, Sir William starts to see a pattern. He wonders if the others see the same thing...
After hours of discussion and hunting Sir William Mahen finally comes to some consistency. Rumors of the Council spending more and more time in the Command Bunker even though the Castle is not under attack. Strangest of all The High Defender and Councilor Stargazer have not been seen in months. El of Owls has been seconded away only coming out for brief moments, then retreating back without interacting as she used to one on one with the men. Something very bad is happening at the top levels and it is now good.

Fritz wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:48 pm
Fritz is a bit taken back. He has not been in Refuge in several years. The city itself has changed and he is uncertain if he knows where to go next.

Looking back at the cyborg, Sgt. Fillmore, he has an idea and decides to ask around about the best chop shops in Refuge, all the while looking for his TLIO contacts in the city.

Finding a few partial and full conversion borgs on the streets of Refuge, the pair actually stops and chats with them asking about where the best places are to get upgrades, modifications, and fine tuning done for cyberwear.
Filmore’s efforts to find some of Major Deschesne’s men becomes an effort of frustration as if all of them have gone underground. Even worse the normal places and people he would talk to about cybernetic upgrades rub him in a way that makes him realize he would not trust them under the knife. He was reporting back to Fritz about the experience and nearly haven given up when he sees something across the street from the inn he was at that grabs his eye.

Tetto Lopez one of his old contacts walking down the street. He was in disguise but no way would it fool Filmore’s cybernetic eyes. As Fritz and Filmore follow Titto they end up learning of a secret entrance into Refuge from outside of the city. Once the hologram is down as Titto enters they can see on the other side it is manned by only two guards, and from the looks of it is a very long hallway leading somewhere. But why would he be using an escape route to enter Refuge...




All their efforts combined the intelligence assembled the team is able to discern that something very bad is going on and whatever it is is centered in the area of the Prison or the Command Bunker under Refuge. Unfortunately, these are the most highly secured locations within all of refuge as they are in the heart of the facility and over 100’ underground.

L.C. and Brison never return from their intelligence gathering, leaving the others concerned they may have been captured. Where they where taken, or what has happened to them in an unknown. But L.C. was expected back a week ago and now the 99 must act on their own...


INSTRUCTIONS
Discuss or agree in character what you will do or how you will proceed.

At the end of you post declare in an Out of Character box your intent.

I am delaying putting up the challenge to get in the castle in the hopes that L.C. will post by Monday.


Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5; Mission: Get Revenge on Durrack
  • +6 Players
    +1 Sidekicks (Not counting Rust Bucket who is temporary out of play)
    -2 Benny for Special Ritual & Extra Effect
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    +1 Joker again
    -1 reroll not to fly away
    -1 Reroll to hit Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 Reroll to damage Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 New Card for Debrek to go before Thissok

Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4, Murder a man at his place of business]




Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative without rerolls.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*][b]Quick rerolls 16 or less[/b]
[*][b]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 24 or less (SWD only)[/b]
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]




  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

    3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

    4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

    6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

    9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

    11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

    12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Maggie
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 am

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Maggie »

Maggie first describes the odd circles Steven found on his scouting run and asks the more magical members of the party for insights. @Sal @Gridia Thorem

Then she tells the team, ”For my part, a lot of my contacts are spooked, and there have been a lot of disappearances lately. There’s rumor of a vampire loose in the town, but presumably something like that would be impossible in Refuge unless someone in the castle let it happen.”

When she hears of the secret entrance, she considers. ”Maybe me and Steven could scout it out? We can be hard to see when we don’t want to be seen.”
Maggie’s Plan
Maggie will volunteer to scout the secret entrance, relying on her stealth to gather some info before the team moves in.
Maggie and Steven
Maggie
Pace: 6, run d6 Parry: 7; Toughness: 16(7)
Edges/Notes: Champion, Danger Sense, Field Intel, Martial Artist

Steven
Pace: 12, 2d6 running, 85 mph when jackrabbit running; Parry: 7; Toughness: 18(7) MDC; Strain: 0; Size: +1
Edges/Notes: Nimble, Quick, Weakness (Electricity)
Character Sheet

User avatar
Fritz
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 3:59 pm

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Fritz »

Maggie wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:18 am
Maggie first describes the odd circles Steven found on his scouting run and asks the more magical members of the party for insights. @Sal @Gridia Thorem

Then she tells the team, ”For my part, a lot of my contacts are spooked, and there have been a lot of disappearances lately. There’s rumor of a vampire loose in the town, but presumably something like that would be impossible in Refuge unless someone in the castle let it happen.”

When she hears of the secret entrance, she considers. ”Maybe me and Steven could scout it out? We can be hard to see when we don’t want to be seen.”
Maggie’s Plan
Maggie will volunteer to scout the secret entrance, relying on her stealth to gather some info before the team moves in.
"Sounds like a plan."

"My personal contacts are no where to be found."

"I think we are centered on the lower levels of the Castle for sure."

"The more tactical the approach, the better prepared we will be."
Fritz
Quick Stat _
Legendary Human MARS Intel Operative
Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 7 || Toughness: 6 [10 /6] || Strain: 0
Wounds: 0 of 3 || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Alertness
    Quickness
    Soldier
Relevant Edges:
  • Conditioned
    Field Intel
    Iron Jaw
    Strong Willed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Gridia Thorem
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:30 am
Location: Lousiville, KY

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Gridia Thorem »

Maggie wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:18 am
Maggie first describes the odd circles Steven found on his scouting run and asks the more magical members of the party for insights. @Sal @Gridia Thorem

Then she tells the team, ”For my part, a lot of my contacts are spooked, and there have been a lot of disappearances lately. There’s rumor of a vampire loose in the town, but presumably something like that would be impossible in Refuge unless someone in the castle let it happen.”

When she hears of the secret entrance, she considers. ”Maybe me and Steven could scout it out? We can be hard to see when we don’t want to be seen.”
Maggie’s Plan
Maggie will volunteer to scout the secret entrance, relying on her stealth to gather some info before the team moves in.
Gridia listens to @Maggie report on the skies above, chiming in, "I can have a look, to be sure. It's something to wonder about the possible vampire, or worse, if the shadows are maintained as a means of self-preservation. You know, shielding from the natural light. Your plan to scout the entrance is reasonable. As for myself..." he continues to inform the group of the information he gathered from Amelia. It was solemn information to be sure. "One thing is certain, if we are to enter the castle, we must have eyes in the backs of our heads. I could perhaps enter the mind of one of the afflicted to gather more information, but I would recommend we restrain and conceal the individual to do so. Additionally, it might be worth infiltrating the mind of someone who appears to be in a position of power, assuming we can get close to one such individuals."

Gridia continues to inform the 99 that his contacts are evacuating refuge while they can, though Gridia has no intention of abandoning the Legion.
Quick Stats
Race: Elf
Class: LLW

PPE: 34/60
Bennies: 0/4
Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 0/2

Attributes: A d6; Sm d12; Sp d8; St d4; V d12

Pace: 6 (48 flying [9 rounds]); Parry: 5 (+1 w/ Equipped Staff); Toughness 8 (6 mdc [9 rounds]); Strain: 0
Active Powers
  • Swift Flight (fly at pace of 48)
    Greater Protection (+6 MDC)
Combat Edges
  • Power Surge
  • Elan; Luck
  • Tough As Nails
  • Improved Level Headed

L.C.
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:33 am
Location: The 99s

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by L.C. »

Peruasion 2 after penalty
Persuasion [dice:3ke4cql5]62567:0[/dice:3ke4cql5], [dice:3ke4cql5]62567:1[/dice:3ke4cql5]
Benny for Persuasion: [dice:3ke4cql5]62567:4[/dice:3ke4cql5], [dice:3ke4cql5]62567:5[/dice:3ke4cql5]
Image
Whatever L.C. was expecting to find in Refuge, it wasn't what he found. For the first time he began use his telepathy more offensively, reading the thoughts of those he could, engaging in conversations when possible, and generally taking in a pulse of the Castle and the surrounding area. Hitting up a few of his seedier contacts, he used money, intimidation, psionics, sweet talk, whatever it took to get information. Before too long he'd managed to track down that there is something going on with the prison.

After some trial and error, L.C. manages to cross into the astral plane after some meditation, staying on the edge of the real world. He doesn't like what he can see. Sickness, death, and decay are everywhere. Still, it allows him to begin his infiltration of the Castle's prison. He doesn't get far before some wards and barriers that did not formerly exist bar his way. He tries his luck, trying to get past the barrier, but ends up lost in Astral Space. Terrified and confused, he wanders there for what seems like an eternity. When he finally finds his way out, he immediately pops out of astral form. Then he finds a place to hole up, and rests and meditates to find his balance before heading back to the group.

L.C. walks back into camp and sits down unceremoniously by the fire. "Okay, that sucked." He gives the crew his rundown of what happened.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Persuasion 4 after penalty
Persuasion [dice:3ke4cql5]62567:2[/dice:3ke4cql5], [dice:3ke4cql5]62567:3[/dice:3ke4cql5] +1 for new ally if allowed - 2 difficulty
Image
Brison's week is equally fraught with danger - of a different sort. There are many people in the Tomorrow Legion. Not all of them are nice or good people. Some bring their own darkness and use the Legion as a vehicle to spread their hate. Such is the case of Silas Trim, a mercenary with a history fighting the Coalition. He's always taken a dim view of former CS soldiers, but the events at the castle have only fanned his feelings into action. Already three people who were formerly soldiers have been killed by this psychopath. He'd gone looking for a few guys hadn't really liked being in the active military in the Coalition. They'd been welcomed in Castle Refuge as armorers and mechanics, maintaining the Legion's fighting gear and vehicles. Brison had gotten to know them, and when he went looking for them, only one remained. The sole survivor, Jared Kilroy, was about to leave the castle when Brison found him. A Legion convert formerly stationed out of Missouri, Jared was about to head west, ready to find anything else than a psychopathic murderer. "I tell you Drew, I'm certain whoever this asshole is, he's coming for me. I'm the only one left out of our group." And so Brison helped his friend get out of the city. They'd almost gotten away when the killer struck. He wore a helmet so as to hide his features, and he'd painted a CS skull witha red circle and slash over it. He came with a magical blade and moved like a juicer. It took everything Brison had to escape with he and his friend's life. He tried to get help, but no one believed him. So they hid until Brison could come up with a plan to escape. In hiding they heard other rumors, secrets only told to fellow beings on the run.

So it was that well past the rendezvous time, Brison reconnected with the group, his technician friend in tow. "Sorry for the delay, wasn't expecting a psychopath serial killer to delay me. This is Jared Kilroy, technician and friend of mine. He's also a former CS trooper - just the kind of person this asshole is murdering around the Castle."
L.C.
L.C. Psi-Nullifier Commando
Parry: 6 (7 in body armor), Toughness: Body Armor: 14(5) or PA: 21(10)
ISP: 40
Powers and Benny/Wound/ISP tracking
Andrew Brison
Andrew Brison, Former CS SAMAS Pilot
Parry: 6, Toughness: Armor: 12(6) or PA: 17(8)
Benny Tracking and Gear including War Chief SAMAS Power Armor
Image

User avatar
Sal
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:36 am

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Sal »

Sal sat and listened. His mouth was full of a sweet bree, well deserved to be sure after helping install a technowizard cyber hand on poor Ramon’s hand. His two cyber knight body gaurd’s Sheelia and Mike were pretty quiet during the exchange of information. As the plan for sneakin’ began to develop the ratling’s small hands absently grabbed bits and bobs from his tool kit putting together the gear @Maggie would need to get in, and out.

He squeaked handing her a golden wired bracelet and silver cord necklace. Both fashion accessories were middling teir, and studded with iridescent blue and green gems. “Here you go Maggie, a braclet that should in my opinion help you go even more unnoticed. Also got a nice choker, made of silver. Won’t win you any fashion awards or anything, but if you get into a tight space you should be able to teleport out.“

Sal munched a bit more on his soft cheese and worked out another squeak, “I ah, met a power pilot who said heroes who stay change so we need to get this done quickly before we start to change.”
Invisibility bracelet, 20ppe
Teleport Necklace, 15ppe
TW gaget creation, invisibility [dice:2yaf7t9p]62570:0[/dice:2yaf7t9p] Wild [dice:2yaf7t9p]62570:1[/dice:2yaf7t9p]
TW gaget creation, teleport [dice:2yaf7t9p]62570:2[/dice:2yaf7t9p] wild [dice:2yaf7t9p]62570:3[/dice:2yaf7t9p]
Bennies 0
+
Sal at a glance
Attributes: Agility d8(2 race), Smarts d12(3, 1 advance), Spirit d8(2), Strength d4, Vigor d8(2 advances)
Pace: 8 d8 run die; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)in armor ; PPE: 30
Skills of Note: Notice d8, stealth d8, thievery d6, common kn d6, TW d12+2
Combat Edges: Level Headed, Quick, and Elan
Powers: 30/12 PPE left, 2 out of 6 devices created
Has an Environmental Protection Device with 5ppts left
Spend 5 of his own PPE (Shadow Cloak with normal sight based invisibility -4, and Greater Boost to TW)
Everyone has environmental Protection Acid on them also gives them 4pts of damage reduction if they are attacked by acid!
Everyone also has +2 die types to shooting and a freereroll on every shooting action.

User avatar
Fritz
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 3:59 pm

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Fritz »

Fritz observes @Sal prepping @Maggie so he leans in and gives some inside information from an Intelligence Operative. When the team gives him a look of question on so much information, Fritz shrugs, "I worked inside the Castle for a few years prior to my last duty assignment."
Fritz
Quick Stat _
Legendary Human MARS Intel Operative
Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 7 || Toughness: 6 [10 /6] || Strain: 0
Wounds: 0 of 3 || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Alertness
    Quickness
    Soldier
Relevant Edges:
  • Conditioned
    Field Intel
    Iron Jaw
    Strong Willed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Sir William Mahan
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:36 pm

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Sir William Mahan »

Sir William sits quietly, observing the others. It takes all of his training and experience as a Cyber Knight to keep his inner turmoil from disturbing his outer serenity. The Castle must be preserved. This is my purpose, my quest as a Knight. Whatever is needed, up to and including my life, I give to this goal.
Sir William Mahan
Character Name: Sir William Mahan
Parry:8, Toughness: 14(8), -2 to hit vs tech
ISP: 5 /20
  • Speed: Double pace
  • Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and melee
  • Quickness: Act twice
  • Healing: Remove 1 wound
Bennies: 1
  • 4 starting
Combat Edges:
  • Combat Sense - 1/2 gang-up bonus
  • Two-Fisted - attack with both hands, no penalty
  • Ambidextrous - no off-hand penalty
  • First Strike - pre-empt opponent moving into melee 1/round
  • Frenzy - one extra melee attack, -2 to all attacks
  • Champion: +2 damage and toughness vs supernatural evil

User avatar
Ndreare
Savage Siri
Posts: 3800
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Skagit County, Washington
Contact:

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Ndreare »

Wards and Shields
Spellcasting [dice:2gw8fntf]62690:0[/dice:2gw8fntf]
Wild [dice:2gw8fntf]62690:1[/dice:2gw8fntf]
Ace [dice:2gw8fntf]62690:2[/dice:2gw8fntf]

Raise = -2 To all Trait Rolls


WORK IN PROGRESS, please wait

Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5; Mission: Get Revenge on Durrack
  • +6 Players
    +1 Sidekicks (Not counting Rust Bucket who is temporary out of play)
    -2 Benny for Special Ritual & Extra Effect
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    +1 Joker again
    -1 reroll not to fly away
    -1 Reroll to hit Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 Reroll to damage Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 New Card for Debrek to go before Thissok

Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4, Murder a man at his place of business]




Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative without rerolls.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*][b]Quick rerolls 16 or less[/b]
[*][b]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 24 or less (SWD only)[/b]
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]




  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

    3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

    4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

    6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

    9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

    11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

    12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Ndreare
Savage Siri
Posts: 3800
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Skagit County, Washington
Contact:

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Ndreare »

With the information the heroes have they know what must be done. Investigating what is under the Castle is obvious. If the demon god's Avatar is there it must be destroyed. But getting in without being noticed will be a difficult tasks. Then once in there, the heroes will need enough time to perform their work before guards and corrupted show up to defend their dark god of corruption they know have inhabited the castle.

The heroes know some of what defenses the castle has. However there are always elements left unsaid that the heroes do not know of. The Castle is protected by;
  1. Skilled techno-wizard or more aptly their drones survey the area ready to alert of trouble and delay intruders until the main defenses arrive. Completed by @Sal.
  2. Line walkers, shifters and mages of all variety have warded the place. any effort to pass will surly set off alarms heard throughout the city by arcanist far and wide. Completed by @Gridia Thorem
  3. Traditional electronics and surveillance manned by men and women trusted with the security of the foulest of the foul.
  4. And even worse, other heroes, guards who live in refuge but have retired from the field in order to serve, but still be able to be near their families.
Getting past one of these would be cake work for the Legendary 99. But getting past all of them will be very difficult if not outright impossible. The possibilities of failure here is high, but the team knows each of these task must be completed or they will be swarmed with reinforcement in waves leaving no chance for survival and success.


Instruction, Complicated please read carefully all
Okay everyone, time for the big finale scene to this adventure arc. You will have several tasks.

Some ground rules:
You may contribute to more than one task, but it causes a -2 penalty for each additional task as you are rushed and you must declare to me in a PM before you post which task you are contributing to.
Only the skills listed may contribute, although Support rolls can be justified from other skills if supporting.
The skill selected for the task shows a modifier applied for that skill on the task.
Spell Mechanics such as boost trait will not apply as the duration is too short, instead use arcane skill for support.
  • Critical Failure; Narrate something that went wrong and it will cost the team a token in that task.
  • Failure; Narrate what happened that prevented you from contributing.
  • Success; Narrate what you did and how it helped move forward. Grants 1 token
  • Raise; Narrate what you did, that really nailed it and helped everyone out. Grants 2 tokens
  • Two or more Raises; Narrate how you carried the day. You not only aced this scene, but saw something that was desperately missed before and got the information to your teammates. Grants 2 tokens, plus 1 token to another task!

All tasks completed
Task 1: Manipulate the electronics security system so the Heroes may pass unnoticed, but it still appears to be working for everything else.
Requires 2 tokens. Skills; Electronics +0, Hacking +1, or Repair -2.

Task 2: Disable or move past arcane wards undetected.
Requires 2 Tokens. Skills; Conceal Arcana -2, Occult +0, or Spellcasting +1.

Task 3: Evade or disable to TW surveillance drones. (Power Armor pilots have their listed big penalties to Stealth here)
Requires 2 Tokens. Skills; Stealth -2, Techno Wizardry +1, or Weird Science +0.

Task 4: Evade or disable the guards without hurting them.
Requires 3 tokens. Skills; Athletics +0, Arcane Skill +0, Fighting +0, Shooting -2, or Stealth +1.



Your success and failure here will determine how many Corrupted are supporting the Demon God when you arrive.

Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5; Mission: Get Revenge on Durrack
  • +6 Players
    +1 Sidekicks (Not counting Rust Bucket who is temporary out of play)
    -2 Benny for Special Ritual & Extra Effect
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    +1 Joker again
    -1 reroll not to fly away
    -1 Reroll to hit Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 Reroll to damage Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 New Card for Debrek to go before Thissok

Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4, Murder a man at his place of business]




Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative without rerolls.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*][b]Quick rerolls 16 or less[/b]
[*][b]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 24 or less (SWD only)[/b]
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]




  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

    3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

    4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

    6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

    9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

    11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

    12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Sal
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 2:36 am

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Sal »

Task 3: technowizardry [dice:7jci9in3]62768:0[/dice:7jci9in3] wild [dice:7jci9in3]62768:1[/dice:7jci9in3] benny for reroll with elan technowizardry [dice:7jci9in3]62768:5[/dice:7jci9in3] wild [dice:7jci9in3]62768:6[/dice:7jci9in3]

Support @Maggie technowizardry [dice:7jci9in3]62768:2[/dice:7jci9in3] wild [dice:7jci9in3]62768:3[/dice:7jci9in3] ace [dice:7jci9in3]62768:4[/dice:7jci9in3]

Sal’s gang had gathered in a small room to discuss some of the info the 99th had gathered. Cyberknight Mike scowled at the holo map of the Castle’s bowels. “Just look at that Shelia... Technowizard drones everywhere...”

Mike’s counterpart Shelia sighed. “It does not look good...”

A small ratling, not Sal coughed rubbing his stump of a hand. He looked at Mike nervously hoping the angry knight would not remove his other hand.

Mike scrowled again frustrated with his own lack of know how and that Sal had not shown up yet, “Don’t worry Ramon, I am not going to dice your other paw... So tell us what you know about the drones.”

Ramon breathed deep and launched into verbal stream of unfiltered consciousness, “Ok you know how I used to serve for the Liberators volley ball team? Well I was talking to my homeboy, a dog boy named Reggie and he heard from his girl Henerettia who got it from the lunch lady on the bottom floor that Cypher Deis the mad technowizard was back. Ooooo... Everyone thought he was dead but he wasn’t: he was back. Not back from the dead back but just normal back, like had just gone on a long vacation to the western Lyn Serial cloud castles and had returned to upgrade the security of this section of the castle. Then you will never believe this... Reggie told Henrettia to tell the lunch lady that he did not believe her. The lady produced a security card made by Cypher Deis and told Reggie he could have it if the Liberators won their game on Friday but they lost.” Final the squeky ratman named Ramon came to a halt.

Mike looked at Shelia as if to say I will never get those 15 seconds back and I should have cut your tongue off...

Shelia waved him off and kindly said, “Ok so when Sal comes back we need to get this security card, presumably of technowizard make from the Lunch Lady.”

There was a knock at the door and Sal came in with a bag full of technowizard drones. He tossed a technowizard security card on the floor and grinned at the stunned team. He squeaked, “Uhh yeah I spoke to Ramon in the infirmary two hours ago and got the skinny. The security card worked like a charm and I disabled most of them. Whatcha all doing here? A cheese party?”
Bennies 0
+
Sal at a glance
Attributes: Agility d8(2 race), Smarts d12(3, 1 advance), Spirit d8(2), Strength d4, Vigor d8(2 advances)
Pace: 8 d8 run die; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13(6)in armor ; PPE: 30
Skills of Note: Notice d8, stealth d8, thievery d6, common kn d6, TW d12+2
Combat Edges: Level Headed, Quick, and Elan
Powers: 30/12 PPE left, 2 out of 6 devices created
Has an Environmental Protection Device with 5ppts left
Spend 5 of his own PPE (Shadow Cloak with normal sight based invisibility -4, and Greater Boost to TW)
Everyone has environmental Protection Acid on them also gives them 4pts of damage reduction if they are attacked by acid!
Everyone also has +2 die types to shooting and a freereroll on every shooting action.

User avatar
Sir William Mahan
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:36 pm

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Sir William Mahan »

Task 4 - two tokens
Fighting [dice:3frngrqp]62771:0[/dice:3frngrqp] Wild [dice:3frngrqp]62771:1[/dice:3frngrqp]
Sir William glides up silently behind a quick-flex guard and taps him on the shoulder. As the guard pivots, Sir William punches him in the solar plexus, knocking the wind out of him, then follows with an uppercut to the chin. The guard collapses backwards as Sir William steps in to catch him, settling him gently on the ground. Seeing a handy storeroom, Sir William drags the unconscious guard there and binds and gags him, setting him in the recovery position for safety. "Rest well, warrior," he murmurs. This is his third guard, and he knows he needs to move faster, but he cannot bring himself to harm these innocents or place them at risk after subduing them. He moves as quickly as he dares towards the next guard post.
Sir William Mahan
Character Name: Sir William Mahan
Parry:8, Toughness: 14(8), -2 to hit vs tech
ISP: 5 /20
  • Speed: Double pace
  • Deflection: -2 to hit ranged and melee
  • Quickness: Act twice
  • Healing: Remove 1 wound
Bennies: 1
  • 4 starting
Combat Edges:
  • Combat Sense - 1/2 gang-up bonus
  • Two-Fisted - attack with both hands, no penalty
  • Ambidextrous - no off-hand penalty
  • First Strike - pre-empt opponent moving into melee 1/round
  • Frenzy - one extra melee attack, -2 to all attacks
  • Champion: +2 damage and toughness vs supernatural evil

User avatar
Fritz
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 3:59 pm

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Fritz »

Fritz isn't lieing to himself in any way. The situation in Refuge is foul. Putrid and Foul.

Really, the situation here in Refuge explains a lot in regards to his monthly intel drops. The last few months he had been seeking extraction and there had been no response. The three months of no communication had set in motion the Self Preservation Protocol Plus One. Thinking on it, it had been six months since he had heard anything from anyone at the TLIO. Training said three months to begin self extraction, but Fritz was not leaving without the asset ( @Sal ).

It had taken Fritz nearly two months to form the contacts and set in motion the prison/specimen break out. He was certain that he would need to head back for the agent, posing as a nurse in the Research Sector of Lone Star. First Refuge, then the stranded Agent.

Fritz found himself back in the safe house just within the outer wall of the Castle. This location was reached through a series of back alleyways, ladders and rooftops and sat in the shadow of the castle after 2 pm. The TLIO network was still in place and secure. And there were supplies suffient for a dozen operatives for three months. Fritz had not revealed the location to anyone other than Fillmore who was acting as bodyguard and personal security.

He had not totally isolated himself from the rest of the 99th. But everyone had scattered across the Castle compound so Fritz worried less about being so secretive. He did bring various foodstuffs and drinks when the team got together at scheduled times throughout the weak.

The Intel Brief from LC pretty much confirmed the vibes he and Fillmore had been getting from those they had talked to throughout the city. While they, their contacts, were few, they new that Fritz and Fillmore were both in town. Thankfully for Fritz none of his contacts were from the TLIO. But his contacts were such that he needed to remove them from the equation. He had discussed this briefly with Fillmore, stressing the fact that non-lethal and quick was the constraints they were operating under.

They traded off between being the bait and the muscle. The one they desperately needed out of commision was Titto Lopez. Fillmore's built in hyperdermic needle, in his hand, proved to be ideal for offering sedatives to those they took out. They joined @Sir William Mahan in nuetralizing the guards, and Fritz was rather impressed himself for the disgiuses they were able to cobble together.

Task 4, Stealth 30, 2 Tokens to Task 4 _
MAP (Task 2): - 2
Field Intel: +2
Thief: +1
Scene Modifier (Stealth): +1

[*] Stealth (1d8) [dice:226q5wxt]62798:0[/dice:226q5wxt]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:226q5wxt]62798:1[/dice:226q5wxt]
[*] Aced! Wild (1d6+6) [dice:226q5wxt]62798:2[/dice:226q5wxt]
[*] Super Aced! Wild (1d6+12) [dice:226q5wxt]62798:3[/dice:226q5wxt]
[*] Super Saiyan Aced! Wild (1d6+18) [dice:226q5wxt]62798:4[/dice:226q5wxt]
[*] 4 Aces Wild (1d6+24) [dice:226q5wxt]62798:5[/dice:226q5wxt]
Its as if Fillmore can read Fritz's mind and vice versa. One minute Fritz is chatting with someone they just met who fits the dossiers they had pulled together. The next Fillmore is nuetralizing the contact and the two quickly stash the knocked out individual. Next it is Fillmore conversing with another target and Fritz pulls a Close Quarters Combat manuever that renders the contact unconscious. They soon find themselves met up with @Sir William Mahan and give each other a status update.
Last edited by Fritz on Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Fritz
Quick Stat _
Legendary Human MARS Intel Operative
Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 7 || Toughness: 6 [10 /6] || Strain: 0
Wounds: 0 of 3 || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Alertness
    Quickness
    Soldier
Relevant Edges:
  • Conditioned
    Field Intel
    Iron Jaw
    Strong Willed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Gridia Thorem
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:30 am
Location: Lousiville, KY

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Gridia Thorem »

Arcane Wards=9
Spellcasting 1d12, +1 task

Spellcasting [dice:rxejpvzi]62807:0[/dice:rxejpvzi]
Wild [dice:rxejpvzi]62807:1[/dice:rxejpvzi]

Benny!
Elan +2: 1d12+3

Spellcasting [dice:rxejpvzi]62807:2[/dice:rxejpvzi]
Wild [dice:rxejpvzi]62807:3[/dice:rxejpvzi]
Gridia is familiar with the wards around the refuge, at least those that are normally in place. He's finding many that don't belong though, his innate sense to the arcane shows him what's against the 99, and he begins to work.

They’re not taking any chances are they?

He thinks to himself as he finds spells to counter stealth, illusions, and even some more blunt force options.

Gridia might have performed more poorly if not for @Fritz.
Fritz wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:25 pm
Fritz pulls @Gridia Thorem aside, "I don't know much about magic or arcane wards but I am certainly willing to learn, even if it means lending a second set of eyes only." Fillmore just stands by rather silently but he is intently listening.
”Well Fritz, some of these arcanic powers are harder to discern without certain abilities or equiptment. However you can find some by way of the ways the magic is cast. Take this for example…”

Gridia kneels down near something that looks like discarded foliage. He picks up a small portion and smells it, then tastes it. Spitting it out off the tip of his tongue, he says, ”This is a ward that reveals that which is hidden. A strong one at that. This will only take a moment. Watch our six please?”

Gridia holds his hands over the ritual materials creating a small hole between his hands. As though he were controlling the elements, a small tornado forms, its conal point forming in the hole created by the walker’s hands. Gridia has to concentrate on his hands as he’s trying to prevent too much ruckus. The cyclone barely reaches a foot in height as arcane energies can be seen, like small sparks from a fire, being consumed by the spell. Barely a blink goes by and the ward has been dispelled.

”I feel like that wasn’t the worst of them. Let’s make sure there aren’t more.” Gridia begins to inspect more areas as they make their way toward their objective.
Last edited by Gridia Thorem on Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quick Stats
Race: Elf
Class: LLW

PPE: 34/60
Bennies: 0/4
Wounds: 0/4
Fatigue: 0/2

Attributes: A d6; Sm d12; Sp d8; St d4; V d12

Pace: 6 (48 flying [9 rounds]); Parry: 5 (+1 w/ Equipped Staff); Toughness 8 (6 mdc [9 rounds]); Strain: 0
Active Powers
  • Swift Flight (fly at pace of 48)
    Greater Protection (+6 MDC)
Combat Edges
  • Power Surge
  • Elan; Luck
  • Tough As Nails
  • Improved Level Headed

L.C.
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:33 am
Location: The 99s

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by L.C. »

Image
L.C.
Task 1: Electronics 2 Tokens
Electronics [dice:1wpj322n]62831:0[/dice:1wpj322n], [dice:1wpj322n]62831:1[/dice:1wpj322n] (+2 [Field intel])=9
Moving in first, L.C. abandons his power armor at first and instead infiltrates the security rooms on foot. Once in, the commando starts manipulating the electronics security system so he and his friends can pass deeper in the castle undetected. He first upgrades everyone to a higher security clearance and then sets them into the system's VIP queue that bypasses a lot of security checks due to the importance of the individual. Once done, he dons his power armor and follows the rest.
Once done, he activates Telepathy and connects all of the crew before they advance. (psionics 7)
Will roll once I confirm party count
Psionics [dice:1wpj322n]62831:2[/dice:1wpj322n], [dice:1wpj322n]62831:3[/dice:1wpj322n] +1 [PA]
reroll: Psionics [dice:1wpj322n]62831:4[/dice:1wpj322n], [dice:1wpj322n]62831:5[/dice:1wpj322n]
Telepathy [Mind Link]
ISP: 1 + 5 [Telepathic Switchboard] + 4 [+1 per additional recipient] +2 [triple range]
Recipients: Self + 8 (Smarts)
  1. Brison
  2. Maggie
  3. Fritz
  4. Sal
  5. Shiela (Sal's CK)
  6. Mike (Sal's CK)
  7. Ramon (Sal's Ratling Mage)
  8. Sir William
  9. Sgt Fillmore
  10. Hawk (he can communicate with his men)
  11. Ruben (Mystic)
  12. Harris (Juicer)
Range: Smarts
Duration: 30 minutes
Trapping: Telepathy
Effect: Mind link creates a telepathic connection between two individuals (which does not necessarily have to include the caster). The link accommodates only willing subjects and communication—thoughts that aren't consciously transmitted aren't relayed. Once activated, the Range between all linked minds is one mile, or five with a raise. If any of the linked characters suffers a Wound, all others must make a Smarts roll or be Shaken (this cannot cause a Wound). The speed of communication is that of normal speech, but with a raise members may communicate up to 30 seconds or so of speech on a single combat turn.
Modifiers:
Additional Recipients (+1): The power may affect more than one target for 1 additional PP each.
Range (+2): Triple the power’s listed Range
Telepathic Switchboard (Mega-Power; +5): This modifier allows the caster to connect up to her Smarts die in minds as a kind of telepathic switchboard, creating open communication for everyone connected. The minds must be willing individuals within one mile (five miles with a raise).
Once connected, he communicates with them. "Alright, by the numbers, as we planned. Good luck to us all."
L.C.
L.C. Psi-Nullifier Commando
Parry: 6 (7 in body armor), Toughness: Body Armor: 14(5) or PA: 21(10)
ISP: 40
Powers and Benny/Wound/ISP tracking
Andrew Brison
Andrew Brison, Former CS SAMAS Pilot
Parry: 6, Toughness: Armor: 12(6) or PA: 17(8)
Benny Tracking and Gear including War Chief SAMAS Power Armor
Image

L.C.
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:33 am
Location: The 99s

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by L.C. »

Image
Brison
Task 1: 2 Token
Task 4; Electronics [dice:20j7whus]62832:0[/dice:20j7whus], [dice:20j7whus]62832:1[/dice:20j7whus]+[dice:20j7whus]62832:2[/dice:20j7whus]+[dice:20j7whus]62832:3[/dice:20j7whus] [Conviction]=10
Moving quickly in with L.C., Brison drops underneath the console to change a few leads while L.C. works at the controls. With L.C.'s sound off that they were good, Brison hurries out and helps Maggie with the Gliter Boy and getting mounted up in his own. Over the mental link he reports. "Brison, Good to go"
L.C.
L.C. Psi-Nullifier Commando
Parry: 6 (7 in body armor), Toughness: Body Armor: 14(5) or PA: 21(10)
ISP: 40
Powers and Benny/Wound/ISP tracking
Andrew Brison
Andrew Brison, Former CS SAMAS Pilot
Parry: 6, Toughness: Armor: 12(6) or PA: 17(8)
Benny Tracking and Gear including War Chief SAMAS Power Armor
Image

User avatar
Maggie
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 am

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Maggie »

Maggie's Glitter Boy armor is jammed. There isn't really a better way of describing it; the "hatch," if you will, is stuck in the open position and will... not... close!

"Steven! Give me a hand over here, pronto!" she yells, and her trusty drone flies over.

With a few barely audible clicks and whirrs, a small, articulating arm folds out of the drone as Steven hovers in place and he plugs into the controls, looking for the problem.

While the two are engrossed in their work, Col. Hawke and his men approach her. "Maggie, what now? What's the move?"

Maggie, tools in hand, works at the outside of the suit, trying to loosen whatever is stuck in the legendary armor.

Between tugs, she grunts, "At the moment, we're somewhat useless. The rest of the team is clearing the way, and if I could get this blasted armor to close up, I could go help! I am not missing this fight because of this stupid hunk of junk."

And then, just like that, the suit lets out a grinding noise, the device comes loose, and it slams closed. A moment later, it reopens, smoothly this time, and Maggie wonders for the millionth time how Steven manages to look smug without a face.

"All fixed, mistress," the little droid says. "Shall we go and rejoin the others?"

Maggie smiles. "Nice job, wings. Go see if you can help the boys out. Colonel, gear up and let's head out. It's time to cure what ails this castle."
Steven Hacking 6, 1 Token to Task 1
Hacking [dice:2m0ifk5r]62840:0[/dice:2m0ifk5r] (+2 from Scholar, +1 from scene modifier)
Wild [dice:2m0ifk5r]62840:1[/dice:2m0ifk5r]
Maggie and Steven
Maggie
Pace: 6, run d6 Parry: 7; Toughness: 16(7)
Edges/Notes: Champion, Danger Sense, Field Intel, Martial Artist

Steven
Pace: 12, 2d6 running, 85 mph when jackrabbit running; Parry: 7; Toughness: 18(7) MDC; Strain: 0; Size: +1
Edges/Notes: Nimble, Quick, Weakness (Electricity)
Character Sheet

User avatar
Fritz
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 3:59 pm

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Fritz »

Fritz pulls @Gridia Thorem aside, "I don't know much about magic or arcane wards but I am certainly willing to learn, even if it means lending a second set of eyes only." Fillmore just stands by rather silently but he is intently listening.
Fritz
Quick Stat _
Legendary Human MARS Intel Operative
Pace: 6 [8] / 1d6 || Parry: 7 || Toughness: 6 [10 /6] || Strain: 0
Wounds: 0 of 3 || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Alertness
    Quickness
    Soldier
Relevant Edges:
  • Conditioned
    Field Intel
    Iron Jaw
    Strong Willed
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Ndreare
Savage Siri
Posts: 3800
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Skagit County, Washington
Contact:

Re: 23 - Returning Home...

Post by Ndreare »

Sheila and Mike inform Sal of the security card setting off a chain of event allowing Sal and Ramon to go out and do the work. The plan was simple enough in a way for someone with their special skills and the four of them soon found themselves working to disable the drones. Of course as usual Sal found not only a way to accomplish his own mission, but a way to help his team mates by giving Maggie some gear.

L.C. and Brison begin hacking the console the old fashioned way, by simply jumping some circuits and removing the security hardware. This makes room for Steven to jump in and really impress as the idea comes to them to set false alarms diverting manpower and resources repeatedly to falls locations. The overall result is a security team that is tired and less able to respond to real threat, especially those that never came.

Sir William and Fritz taking on the hardest part of the mission, the part focused on getting through allies without harming them. The two of them move like a well oiled machine, disabling guard from one check point to the next. Each time ensuring their allies will be able to breath and are resting safely on their side in case it takes to long for replacements to come and wake them. Working with Sir William as he leads the physical entry Gridia Thorem is right behind. His awareness stretching out and maximized. Each time the team comes to a ward Gridia sets to work, sometimes taking only seconds, while at others taking what seems like endless minutes for the more complex wards.



Extra tokens removed 4 NPC corrupt from Map leaving 6.

The Battle Begins in this thread: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=4763

Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5; Mission: Get Revenge on Durrack
  • +6 Players
    +1 Sidekicks (Not counting Rust Bucket who is temporary out of play)
    -2 Benny for Special Ritual & Extra Effect
    +2 Jokers in turn 1 of Big Battle
    +1 Joker again
    -1 reroll not to fly away
    -1 Reroll to hit Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 Reroll to damage Sa'Maku in vengeance
    -1 New Card for Debrek to go before Thissok

Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4, Murder a man at his place of business]




Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative without rerolls.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*][b]Quick rerolls 16 or less[/b]
[*][b]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 24 or less (SWD only)[/b]
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]




  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

    3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

    4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

    6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

    9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

    11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

    12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

Post Reply

Return to “The 99 Adventure Forum”