Dark Plate Mail ( To be deleted)

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Dark Plate Mail ( To be deleted)

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Dark Plate Armor
A heavy suit of plate mail, dark and foreboding. It is no shoddy craftsmanship, but a labor of foul craft and love. The souls within it cry out to the user lamenting their eternal torment.
  • Type of Item: A heavy set of black colored Platemail, although the Crafter has made improvements to the armor, toughness, and weight, as he is want too.
    • +5 armor, +2 toughness, 27lbs,
  • Enchantments (One Major, Two Minor):Resistant to energy (1/2 damage, this would be direct energy weapons or effects, such as lasers), +2 pace, +1 to all str rolls including melee damage
  • P.P.E.: 0
  • Trait: none
  • Trappings: A dark suit of plate mail, while lighter than most, it is heavy by modern standards. The mail is well equipped to deal with direct energy weapons such as lasers. It also gives the user a lighter step, and a bonus to their strength. It is an archaic armor so not enviormentally sealed.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Re: Dark Plate Mail

Post by Ndreare »

Looks Balanced.

As this is a magic suit of armor Environmental ability of armor comes up a lot in game. I think it would be a good idea to note "Environmental", "Environmental when charged", or "Non-Environmental" in the text.

There are so many variations in the book it is an area sure to draw confusion.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Ok updated it a bit. ThanksRFT!
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Approved

FTR
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Looks good.

Rather than 1/2 damage isn't resistance usually expressed as +4 resistance/armor?

I may have missed it, is there a mechanical effect for the "tormented sounds crying out to the wearer" ?

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Venatus Vinco wrote:Looks good.

Rather than 1/2 damage isn't resistance usually expressed as +4 resistance/armor?

I may have missed it, is there a mechanical effect for the "tormented sounds crying out to the wearer" ?

VV
Resistance comes in three levels.
  • +4/-4 versus X
  • +4/-4 versus X and damage reduced by half before toughness is applied
  • completely immune to X
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Venatus Vinco wrote:Looks good.

VV
If it is easier I can go with +4 resistance to direct energy attacks such as lasers. 1/2 damage from lasers is common enough in SR though, GB has it and so does the burster.

I would like to have an effect for the tormented souls, but I did not include one. Maybe something like a -1 CHA penalty similiar to the mean hindrence, to represent the character constantly being tormented by the pleas for help from the souls trapped within.

If I wanted something major, I could also go with a version of monologuer.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

I love monologuer. I have seen players have so much fun with it. And as a GM I have had fun with it.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Hello,

Okay, using the language of half damage from buster or glitterboy is cool with me.

Monolouger would be fun, the charisma penalty also works. Up to you.

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

1/2 damage from energy would apply to plasma and particle beams, along with lasers? But not explosives, rail guns, melee attacks, etc. What about fire? And what about magic attacks -- I guess that would depend on trappings?
GM Bennies: 7/7
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Well non descript energy would include lasers and particle beams. I doubt it would inlcude plasma, fire, cold, electricity... in savage worlds it seems like being specific is best. As for magic, it would depend on the trapping. So something like a bolt of energy, that is non descript yes, but a fire bolt no.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Ah, okay. That helps with the decision. I think it's a no-go for Penitent - - I don't want to become a magnet for every plasma cannon we run into in the future. :lol: Maybe one of the others will take the bait.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Tribe of One wrote:Ah, okay. That helps with the decision. I think it's a no-go for Penitent - - I don't want to become a magnet for every plasma cannon we run into in the future. :lol: Maybe one of the others will take the bait.
It would not even stop plasma anyways as it is actual platemail. It might be somwthing the group could sell.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Tribe of One wrote:Ah, okay. That helps with the decision. I think it's a no-go for Penitent - - I don't want to become a magnet for every plasma cannon we run into in the future. :lol: Maybe one of the others will take the bait.
Well I would like it to be something useful, even more so now that it seems Penitent might have wanted to use it... I am going to rework and repost it. I might have gotten too hung up on converting rather than translating the flavor.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Well I would like it to be something useful, even more so now that it seems Penitent might have wanted to use it... I am going to rework and repost it. I might have gotten too hung up on converting rather than translating the flavor.
Maybe allow it to half the damage from fire/plasma too... even if it does not add its armor for plasma
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 5 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 5 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 1 /6
Created Gadgets:
Arcane Protection (6 PPE left)
Remote Viewing (6 PPE left)
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Bennies: 1 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Fear against Vithen Wraiths
-1 to Reroll Arcana to Find Geist among Mirror Selves

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

It was tempting for Penitent, which is good as you don't want it to be a sure yes or a sure no.

Compared to his existing Gladiator armor, it's one less Armor but one more Toughness, no problem there, but I'd lose my armor-based night vision and FEV (and become vulnerable to plasma and frags) in return for 1/2 damage from lasers, a Pace bonus and +1 Damage.

Honestly, that's probably worth it of not for the extra weight, which pushes me into encumbered territory even if I drop my backpack. I'm at 63/64 in current armor and weapons, minus the pack. That chain longsword is ridiculously heavy at 15 lbs.

And I figure Penitent wouldn't be too bothered by the souls of the dammed trapped in the armor - he's probably done worse and would tell them so :lol:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

I am going to lock this post. I re-did the armor as Dark Armor, with more flavor of the Iron Guard in it.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

Return to “Archived or Abandoned Items”