Patron Super Tech Hand Guns

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Patron Super Tech Hand Guns

Post by Daniel »

Newest version here: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 159#p22159
Original Post and Concept
What I need: a weapon that can be used by a character with no AB. Since the character is able to shoot two guns at once proficiently I am chopping this Patron Item in half so to speak.

Super Tech (Weapons, Armor, Objects)
Super Tech differ from techno-wizard devices in that they do not require and arcane background to use or activate. Instead they use extremely advanced or alien technology to produce similar results. This makes Super Tech items extremely powerful and they should be considered rare (ie signature items or powerful rewards for role play). All Super Tech items suffer from technical difficulties and are always -2 to Repair rolls to reflect their ultra advanced nature.

Augmentations: 3 Major, 2 Minor

Base Item: TX-26 and a NG-59 redesigned by Bandito Arms in Nevada, scarified rounds for bit better distance.

First draft:

• Grit (BA-59 Custom): The dark handled revolver.
    Range:20/40/60
    Damage: 1-3d6 (based on distance to target)
    Rounds: Six shots (cost 50 credits per round or 100 for silver coated rounds)
    Under Grenade Launcher: Integral Grenade Launcher with 1 shot (damage varies per grenade type)
    Major: Edge, Trademark Weapon Edge or Improved Trademark Weapon Edge for MARS Gunslinger IF who has TMW already. (+2 or +4 to Shooting this gun, does not stack with other gun)
    Major: Edge, Alertness (+2 to Notice Rolls/Reactions)
    Minor: +1 to Shooting
  • Pearl (BA-PB26 Custom) : pearl handled revolver.
    Range:20/40/60
    Damage: 2d8+3 AP 2
    Rounds: Six shots (cost 50 credits per round or 100 for silver coated rounds)
    Major: Edge, Trademark Weapon Edge or Improved Trademark Weapon Edge for MARS Gunslinger IF who has TMW already. (+2 or +4 to Shooting this gun, does not stack with other gun)
    Minor: +1 to Shooting
open to ideas..... this is a draft :)

Totally Redesign!
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Patron Super Tech Hand Guns

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

I am not sure about chopping it in half. It is a patreon item.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

okay I changed concept some.... see above.
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Hello,

I am okay with splitting the improvements over two smaller pistols. My only caveat would be to somehow have them linked/dependent on one another.

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Hondo
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Hondo »

So newest version:
Base Item Info
Super Tech (Weapons, Armor, Objects)
Super Tech differ from techno-wizard devices in that they do not require and arcane background to use or activate. Instead they use extremely advanced or alien technology to produce similar results. This makes Super Tech items extremely powerful and they should be considered rare (ie signature items or powerful rewards for role play). All Super Tech items suffer from technical difficulties and are always -2 to Repair rolls to reflect their ultra advanced nature.

Augmentations: 3 Major, 2 Minor

Base: TX-50 Light Rail Gun
Range: 75/150/300
Damage: 2d8+2
RoF: 3
AP: 4
Shots: 20
Weight: 70 lbs
Cost: 50,000
Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts.

ECRS Light Rail Gun
Picture of ECRS
The ECRS: Electromagnetic Conductive Rails System (Dual Large Revolvers system).
Designed utilizing pre rifts technology the egg heads at Area 51 (Bandito Arms faction of the black Market) designed a few ECRS systems. Only one has been placed into the field for testing. The ECRS feeds a belt into both pistols. This results in two revolvers which are fed by the pack/harness system and comes with custom holsters. The whole item consists of, holsters, harness, drum pack, belt feeds and two pistols linked to system.
  • Range: 35/75/150
  • Damage: 2d8+4 (each, requires Ambidextrous or Two Fisted in order to not be at a penalty shooting both at once)
  • RoF: 3
  • AP: 6
  • Shots: 20
  • Weight: 50 lbs (pack/harness/guns)
  • Cost: lots more than base 50,000
  • Notes: Mega Damage, no Snapfire penalty. Shots listed are number of full bursts. Minimum strength to use d6 or incur a -2 Shooting.
  • Major: Edge, Alertness (situational awareness provides the +2 to Notice Roll as per Alertness Edge)
  • Major: Edge, Charge (as per the Charge Edge there is no MaP for Running and shooting, the stabilizers in this thing are great)
  • Major: +2 AP
  • Minor: +1 damage
  • Minor: +1 damage
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Eh ... I'm not sure about the re-trapped railgun. In some ways it maps: two hands required, etc., but in your example you appear to be keeping the ROF 3, and then adding a fourth attack with pistol-specific Edges. And you're using Edges that give you a boost (Ambi or Two-Fisted) to also ameliorate the rapid fire penalty. I assume you'd also want to count it as pistols in order to use them in close combat, etc., which is another benefit from the reclassification that isn't accounted for.

I would much prefer something closer to the initial version. Say, a matched pair of p-beam pistols, each with a Major (+Trademark Weapon, or +2 AP) and Minor upgrade (+1 Shooting) and a third, shared Major (+Alertness) that only functions when they are worn/wielded in tandem. Then increase the range on both by +50% (to 15/30/60) in exchange for reducing payload by half-ish, to 6 or 8.
GM Bennies: 7/7

Return to “Archived or Abandoned Items”