THe Great Horned Dragon is the most feared and powerful of all known dragons. The head, neck, and spine (down to its tail tip) of the dragon are covered with horns or wicked looking spines of varying sizes. They are particularly suited to the magical arts and exhibit an increased aptitude for all things arcane.
- Arcane Background: Magic: As a natural born magician, a Great Horned Dragon Hatchling begins with three powers (from the Ley Line Walker list) and adds 10 PPE to his starting total. He also has a beginning Spellcasting skill of d6.
- Cold & Fire Resistance: Great Horned Dragon Hatchlings are resistant to natural and magical sources of heat and cold, taking only half damage from any normal or Mega Damage, magical or natural, fire/heat or ice/cold attacks. In addition, they gain +4 to all Trait rolls when resisting the effects of ice/cold and fire/heat.
- Fire Breath*: Great Horned Dragon Hatchlings can shoot a blast of fire doing 2d10 Mega Damage in a Cone Template starting from their mouths. Every target within the cone makes an Agility roll -2 to avoid the attack. Those who fail suffer 2d10 MD fire damage. They can also fire a bolt of flame at Range 12/24/48 and damage 4d6 (Mega Damage), using their Shooting skill.
- Psionics: A dragon is one of the only creatures known to have the capacity for both magic and psionic abilities. Great Horned Dragon Hatchlings may take AB: Psionics as an Advance, granting 3 powers from the Mind Melter list (taking power rank into account), and 10 ISP.
- Master of Magic: The Great Horned Dragon becomes a master of magic, gaining the Master of Magic Edge, which grants Mega Powers for all known spells, and also gains the Rapid Recharge Edge. This Advance may be taken at Seasoned rank, ignoring normal requirements for the Edge.