Big Sky Country: Conversations with Delta

"I will show you fear in a handful of dust" T.S. Eliot
Tribe of One

Big Sky Country: Conversations with Delta

Post by Tribe of One » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:52 pm

”I can’t get over the feeling that if I let go, I might just start drifting up and never stop.”

Delta smiles sheepishly as she makes the confession, one hand tightly gripping a rail on the Sky Siren. She makes a show of glancing under the hover vehicle, which idles a few feet off the ground.

”Not like this thing is even connected ... Old habits, I guess. Upstairs, if you’re out on the float and let go, you better have a good friend with a thruster pack nearby, or that’s it. Eternal floating popsicle.”

She smiles again, almost a sneer but good-natured.

”Funny the sorts of things that stuck around up there. Popsicles, for one, although I guess with water and refrigerants it’s a no-brainer. Sugar’s not hard to get, either, and they’d use juice from various hydro plants for color. Then you have other things you just can’t get anymore. Chicharonnes, I mean we have something that uses the name, but they’re not like old ‘pork rinds.’ Nobody’s grown a pig upstairs for anything besides insulin since, well, ever. Just use cheap grown protein, and it’s not like anyone can tell the difference. Nothing to compare.”

”Guess there’s plenty like that down here, too, where you remember the name of a thing but not what it signifies, eh?”

Here’s an RP thread for anyone wanting to boost post count before the end of the quad. Fee free to banter with each other and Delta, and I’ll try to respond as needed to help keep the dialogue going.
GM Bennies: 4/8

Kim Black
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Big Sky Country: Conversations with Delta

Post by Kim Black » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:59 am

Kim put her hands on Delta’s shoulders and smiled at the woman. “You are in for a treat then,” the teen said. “Some of the traders brought in real food -- real pork. The Marronites don’t need it, but plenty people coming through do. I’m going to fry you up a delicious breaded pork sandwich,” she told the space woman. “I’ve never had pork rinds, though. I also saw the had some cases of Chi-Cola, so yum! The citrus is my favorite. It’s loaded with caffeine. I’ve spent so many nights up with Chi-Cola Citrus and a hot sandwich pocket while working on projects. And don’t forget the crunchy cheesy puffs.”
Character Tracking
Kim Black Character Sheet
Parry: 5; Toughness: 13 (7)
PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 1/3, 1 Red benny (+1d6 to bennied roll)
Arcane Machinist (6/6): armor, barrier, blast, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, burrow, burst, clairvoyance, confusion, damage field, darksight, deflection, detect/conceal arcana, dispel, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection, farsight, fly, havoc, healing, intangibility, invisibility, light/obscure, pummel, quickness, slumber, smite, speak language, speed, stun, succor, telekinesis, teleport, wall walker, warrior’s gift.

Backpack of Shooting Stars
  • 42/42 shots
  • PPE 10/10
Hellfire Sword
  • PPE 10/10
Jammer Pistol
  • 10/10 shots
UEMC (10 charges/e-clip)
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
  • Teamwork: Your hero and any adjacent allies add +4 to their next trait rolls. The allies must be adjacent when the card is played to receive the bonus.

Equipment
This should be about at her load limit of 30 lb.
  • Backpack of Shooting Stars
  • Combat Mage Armor
  • TK Revolver
  • Vibro-Sword
  • Tool kit
  • First aid kit
  • Survival knife
  • Wooden cross
  • Canteen
  • Rations
  • Multitool: +1 Repair
  • 2 x One way recording radio transmitter (Blue Hands)

Vehicles
Northern Gun Sky Siren (Mountaineer w/ hover)(TW)
Ostensibly designed as a civilian vehicle, the NG Sky Siren is a rugged, but agile, hover transport with plenty of room for combat upgrades. The nuclear engine provides near limitless range, while the powerful hoverjets give it a max altitude of about 20 feet, although it is capable of handling drops of up to 100 feet.
  • Light Missile Launcher (turret)
    • Damage: 5d6 MBT MD AP 13 (anti-vehicle missiles)
    • Range: 150/300/600
    • Shots: 8
    • Reload: 3000/missile/total=24k credits
  • Light Rail Gun (forward mounted)
    • Damage: 2d10+4, ROF 3, AP 10
    • Range: 100/200/400
    • Shots: 45
    • Reload: 10,000 credits
  • Size 5
  • Acc/TS 15/60
  • Toughness 25 (14)
  • Crew 1+5
  • Remaining Mods: 1
  • Handling 1
  • Hover
  • Environmental systems
  • MDC Armor
  • Sensor suite
  • TW Minor Mods: +2 Piloting
  • TW Major Mods: +4 die types to Piloting
  • Cantrip: Purple flame light on the front grill
Desert Fox Hovercycle (stats of NG-150): Combining solar cells and a powerful electric engine, the Desert Fox has a range of 600 miles and a max ceiling of 20 feet, before it needs a night’s recharge. (153,000 credits)
  • NG-E4 Plasma Ejector
    • Damage: 3d10
    • Range: 24/48/96
    • ROF 1
  • Size 2
  • Acc/TS 12/60
  • Toughness 11 (4)
  • Crew 1+1
  • Remaining Mods 1
  • Notes: Exposed Crew, Handling 3, Hover
Police Hovercycle (Speedster hovercycle)
  • Mini Rail Gun
    • Damage: 2d8+4, ROF 4, AP6
    • Range: 75/150/300
    • Shots: 32
  • Toughness 17 (8)
  • ACC/TS: 15/80
  • Size 2
  • Crew: 1
  • Exposed Crew, Hover

Mission Loot
550,000 credits in salvage/misc gear and cyberwear
A pair of pearl-handled TX-26 Particle Beam Pistols previously owned by Dutch (Range 10/20/40, Damage 2d8+3, RoF 1, AP 2, Semiauto)
A pair of Infernal Sixguns made of smoking black iron, previously "owned" by Hex (Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d8, RoF 1, AP 4, +2d Shooting, gain Vow: Serve the Devil).
A TW shard pistol (Range 15/30/60, Damage 2d8+1, RoF 3, AP 1, 3RB, lower trait (Vigor) activated by Shooting)
A vehicular Light Rail Gun salvaged from Oso's otherwise-scrapped power armor (Range 100/200/400, Damage 2d10+4, RoF 3, AP 10, Mega Damage)
Bandit IP-44 Super Ion Pistols (as NG-59, Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d6, RoF 1, plus single-shot grenade launcher loaded with plasma, Range 12/24/48, Damage 3d10, ignores all but sealed armor, SBT), ammo belt includes 6 spare plasma grenades
5 Plasma
4 High Explosive
4 Armor Piercing
4 Frag

Seswarick

Re: Big Sky Country: Conversations with Delta

Post by Seswarick » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:15 am

"What incredible efforts it must take to build in the sky without the aid of magic. Apart from the wonder of it was there a purpose for these space stations?" After a moments pause, "Well I suppose I see the military strength of that position as well. It is both easier to defend and attack from the high ground, hence the kill sats But I am hopeful that war was not the only reason for these advances. Not that having kill sats would be a bad thing were the Coaltion to mobilize again"
Seswarick
Seswarick
Pace: 4/12 flying, 16/48 w belt; Parry: 5/7 w belt Toughness: 5 regular 11(6) w aura 17(10) w aura & Stormheart
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
    Time Twister belt:(when activated) -2 to ranged attacks against wearer, +2 to wearers parry, 4x pace
    Stormheart: +4 to armor of Electric Aura power, +2 die type to vigor, and gain Dodge edge when active. Cost 2 ISP/hr
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 30/30
Bennies: 1/3 1 red bennie
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
Edit Signature

Characters Seswarick (Main Acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

Return to “18th COT Adventure Forums”