10 Things Calming Down

What's come before
Ndreare
Savage Siri

10 Things Calming Down

Post by Ndreare »

With the new people arriving and the old people leaving L.C. reviews the data from the chip and realizes he need to get the data chip they have decrypted and to Castle Refuge.
“Hardin, your in charge until I return. I need to go to Refuge. Get back on this Ley Line periodically and I should be back as soon as the Major is happy.
“And find out what you can about our guest. That shifter is about 20 miles north of licking his wounds.”
OOC Comments
The body of this text may be edited by L.C. when he returns, but the message will be the same.
The labor and repair bots sent through the rift with the supplies immediately set to work on fixing what they can. Looking at the damage done to the front hatch they report to Hardin is mechanical monotone that makes it clear they are not fully sentient. “Estimated time for secondary repairs 2 hours 17 minutes. Estimated time for forward hatch repairs an additional 4 hours 21 minutes. Do you wish us to begin repairs?”
OOC Comments
If you instead want time to mobilize, they can have the vehicle secured and ready to mobilize in 11 minutes 8 seconds. However the repairs will not be performed.
Once things calm down enough the lady with the two young children can be coaxed out of the hiding places they went to in the gally. Looking around nervously they appear to be is a state of semi terror as they try and piece together everything that has happened.
OOC Comments
It will take a successful persuasion roll to get them to be willing to interact as they are still terrified of the consequences of being caught.
For Sir William as a result of risking your own life to aid them you will receive an addition +2 for a total of +4 to this roll.

This will make your Persuasion 1d4+2 total.
Ley Line
Camping along this ley line is often preferred because it is a major line running from pole to pole allowing the Castle to send help. However there is the risk of another ambush along the ley line as long as that Shifter is on it.

You guys will have to decide how to handle the situation.
Brison looks to Hardin. “Sir if you are going to be in charge, do you want me to run a patrol grid and see if there are any more surprises in the area?
“I am feeling a little vulnerable here outside my armor with so many things going on.”
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Hardin
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: 10 Things Calming Down

Post by Hardin »

Notice Hardin 2, Jane 5
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Jane Notice [dice]2[/dice]
RFT wrote:With the new people arriving and the old people leaving L.C. reviews the data from the chip and realizes he need to get the data chip they have decrypted and to Castle Refuge.
“Hardin, your in charge until I return. I need to go to Refuge. Get back on this Ley Line periodically and I should be back as soon as the Major is happy.
“And find out what you can about our guest. That shifter is about 20 miles north of licking his wounds.”
OOC Comments
The body of this text may be edited by L.C. when he returns, but the message will be the same.
"Well, how about that? The sargento can speak sense when he puts his mind to it." Hardin grins and gives L.C. a wink before he goes through the rift. "Don't you worry none, there, L.C. I'll keep em kickin' until you get back."
RFT wrote: The labor and repair bots sent through the rift with the supplies immediately set to work on fixing what they can. Looking at the damage done to the front hatch they report to Hardin is mechanical monotone that makes it clear they are not fully sentient. “Estimated time for secondary repairs 2 hours 17 minutes. Estimated time for forward hatch repairs an additional 4 hours 21 minutes. Do you wish us to begin repairs?”
OOC Comments
If you instead want time to mobilize, they can have the vehicle secured and ready to mobilize in 11 minutes 8 seconds. However the repairs will not be performed.
Turning to Leethe, Hardin says, "This is really more your area now than mine. What do ya' think? That shifter ain't too far away now, but if we take the time for the full repairs he'll be long gone. Can it hold together, or do we need to spend the time fixin' it?"
RFT wrote:
Ley Line
Camping along this ley line is often preferred because it is a major line running from pole to pole allowing the Castle to send help. However there is the risk of another ambush along the ley line as long as that Shifter is on it.

You guys will have to decide how to handle the situation.
Looking at the newly arrived Foxx, Hardin says, "What do you think there, walker? Is this line safe for us to travel on? Can you keep that shifter off of us?"
RFT wrote:Brison looks to Hardin. “Sir if you are going to be in charge, do you want me to run a patrol grid and see if there are any more surprises in the area?
“I am feeling a little vulnerable here outside my armor with so many things going on.”
"Aw, heck. Ah forgot about you. Yeah, that seems like a good idea." Hardin gives him a level stare. "Just don't you go gettin' any funny ideas while yer up there, you hear me? An' don't call me 'sir.' Ah work for a livin'."
Hardin and Jane
Hardin a Half-Elf Psi-Slinger
Parry: 5
Toughness: 10(3)
Notable Edges/Hindrances: Quick, Marksman, Wanted (Major): Coalition, Illiterate
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d12, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d6, Shooting d10, Stealth d6, Riding d6 + 3, Notice d8, Psionics d12, Survival d6, Intimidate d8 + 3
Powers: Push (smite*) costs +1 ISP for +2 AP, ‘Kinesis (telekinesis) on a raise, gains effects of Steady Hands, Resist Energy (deflection*) gives the raise effect but is only good against energy (or partial-energy) attacks, Clear Mind (boost Trait*) costs +1 ISP to activate and has different trappings for each attribute and linked skills
Charisma: -2 (Half-elves treated as outsiders)
Equipment of Note: A Spiffy Hat (+1 to Intimidation, Rapid Recharge Edge, +2 to damage w/TW weapons or direct damage powers, Always Present)

Jane a Bandito Arms Robot Mustang
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+5, Vigor d12
Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d4, Stealth d8, Swimming d6, Notice d8 + 4, Survival d6
Pace: 12 (Acc/TS 10/50)
Parry: 6
Toughness: 20(10) MDC
Notes/Special Features:
  • All-Terrain: +2 to Riding checks
  • Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice, power armor sensor package)
  • Kick does Strength + d6 Mega Damage
  • Size +2
  • Brave/Fearless
  • Expanded Detection and Security Array (Danger Sense Edge and +2 to Notice)
  • Extraction (Agility roll to break off from melee without giving a free attack)
  • Nano-Repair System
Hardin Character Sheet
Jane Character Sheet
Signature
Foxx

Post by Foxx »

Notice 6
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Foxx looked at the Ley Line to get a feel for it. "Not including the rifts we're opening, everything looks good." Looking back to him about keeping the Shifter off them. "If we are dealing with Rebuke from the 'true' Federation of Magic, he's going to be a handful for any one of us. Having said that, I can keep an eye out for him while we get everything together."
Fauxalyn Norquinal
Character Name: Fauxalyn, Foxx
Parry: 5; Toughness: 5, Armor: 12 (+7), Spell & Armor: 22 (+7 & +10)
PP: 65/25
Wound -1, Soul Wound
  • Ley Line Magic Master
  • Ley Line Rejuvenation
  • Ley Line Sense
  • Ley Line Transmission
  • Ley Line Walking
  • Ley Line Observation Sphere
  • Ley Line Phasing
Bennies: 2

Edges:
  • Improved Rapid Recharge
  • Danger Sense
  • Linguist

Powers

Armor/Greater Armor, Bolt/Onslaught, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Dispel/Exalted Dispel, Invisibility/True Invisibility, Teleport/Greater Teleport

Legendary Trait:
  • World of Badass - Wild dice now 1d8
Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Leethe »

Notice 3 Psionics 5 repair 14
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
wild [dice]1[/dice]

psionics [dice]2[/dice]
wild [dice]3[/dice]

repair [dice]4[/dice]
ace [dice]6[/dice]
wild [dice]5[/dice]

leethe is using her telemachinics and repair skill to assess the damages.

"let me figure out what is wrong with it then." Leethe goes up to the APC and uses her abilities to assess the damage and what needs to be repaired to move out now.
Status Tracker
Leethe

Pace: 6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 12(5)
Note: When she has shroud up, all attacks against her suffer -1 penalty and she gains +1 to stealth trait rolls.
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2
ISP: 38 / 40 ; Energy: 10/15 Item Energy: 20/20
Bennies: 1 / 3
Golden Bennies: 0
Log
Q4 2019
  • 10/1: Benny spent for reroll of Psionic skill
  • Benny reset
  • 11/26: Benny for Soak and Benny for Reroll
Edit Signature
Miles RAD Radoslav

Post by Miles RAD Radoslav »

Persuasion 8
Persuasion [dice]0[/dice] Wild [dice]1[/dice] Ace on d4 [dice]2[/dice]
Having seen to Erin, Sir William approaches the woman and the children. "Fear not, madam. We are warriors of the Tomorrow Legion, sent here to assist refugees and any in need, and to defend you from monsters such as those who attacked us. I am Sir William, Cyber Knight. Might I have the honor of your name, and the names of these children?"
Rad
Character Name: Miles "RAD" Radoslav
Parry:8/7, Toughness: 13/5
ISP:
10 /10
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Bennies: 3
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Foxx wrote:
Notice 6
Notice [dice]31390:0[/dice]
Foxx looked at the Ley Line to get a feel for it. "Not including the rifts we're opening, everything looks good." Looking back to him about keeping the Shifter off them. "If we are dealing with Rebuke from the 'true' Federation of Magic, he's going to be a handful for any one of us. Having said that, I can keep an eye out for him while we get everything together."
As Fauxalyn takes watch over the ley line ensuring there are no surprises she can sense that there are fluctuations starting to ripple along the ley line. Most likely the large amount of psionic and magic energy manipulated in this area has destabilized its local field. A Ley Line Storm is starting to form and something needs done about that.
Pseudo Dramatic Task
This is not looking good. You have two practical options I can think of:
  1. OGet everyone and everything in the vehicle as soon as possible and wait it out. (This means calling back Brison who is suiting up now.)
  2. Try and stop the storm from happening by stabilizing the ley line.

This would require instant action and not allow you to give the others a warning. Fauxalyn would need to make a Spellcasting -2 or Knowledge (Arcana) -2 with the following result.
    • Failure: The ley line forms and I will resolve per the Game Masters book for everyone with a -2 penalty.
    • Success: Fauxalyn is able to stop the storm from forming in an impressive exercise of her skills. Include a narration of how she spends up to 5 minutes fighting the ley line. You gain a +1 to spellcasting until March 31st 2018 real life date.
    • Raise: Fauxalyn is able to stop the storm from forming in an impressive exercise of her skills. Include a narration of how she spends up to 5 minutes fighting the ley line. You gain a +1 to spellcasting until March 31st 2018 real life date and all players Gain +1 Benny.
Leethe wrote: "let me figure out what is wrong with it then." Leethe goes up to the APC and uses her abilities to assess the damage and what needs to be repaired to move out now.
Looking around the damage Leethe realizes that the robots inherently designed safety tolerances are what is causing them to suggest the repairs to the forward hatch and doors. The vehicle would still have its three wounds, but it will operate with only a -2 to piloting. This means the vehicle could be moved without repairs. Alternatively she can directly help them with the repairs reducing all the times by 50%.
Sir William Mahan wrote:Having seen to Erin, Sir William approaches the woman and the children. "Fear not, madam. We are warriors of the Tomorrow Legion, sent here to assist refugees and any in need, and to defend you from monsters such as those who attacked us. I am Sir William, Cyber Knight. Might I have the honor of your name, and the names of these children?"
Hesitantly coming out and accepting the Cyber-knights word at face value the woman and her children begin to calm down. "I.. um... I am, well humans call me Magi." Indicating the older child she says. "This is Sussendar" and indicating the slightly younger child she finishes. "and this is Seed. Thank you for protecting us. When the hob-goblin...
"Uh I mean Gamen told us you had enough food to share we did not know you were willing."
Her face turning a little pale she looks down. "I am sorry we tried to steal it at first. I was just so worried about my children."
Looking around her face twists up a bit and she adds. "Do you feel that there is a storm coming. We need to get away from this ley line, there was too much power used here in to short a time."
While she talks the children are unabashedly eating the food acquired before things break out. However simply looking tells you the mother has likely not eaten properly in a very long time and she is obviously low on every from her lack of mental focus and lethargic movements.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Miles RAD Radoslav

Post by Miles RAD Radoslav »

Sir William gestures urgently towards the APC. "Magi, if there is a storm coming, I suggest we take shelter in our vehicle. Quickly - bring the children!" Without waiting for a response, he snatches up Seed and runs for the nearest APC hatch.
Rad
Character Name: Miles "RAD" Radoslav
Parry:8/7, Toughness: 13/5
ISP:
10 /10
Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Bennies: 3
Arthur_Bishop
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Arthur_Bishop »

:Helps the woman and her children toward the APC with a reassuring smile on his face: Please, move quickly. :Looks around to make sure the storm hasn't brought any uninvited guests with it:
Notice 9
Notice [dice]0[/dice] [dice]2[/dice]
Notice Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Arthur

Current Wounds: 1
Current Bennies: 1
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Zapper
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: +2; Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5; Strain: 0
Skills:
Psionics d10 (2)(From IF)
Fighting d6 (2 free points from HJ Roll)
Gambling d6 (2)
Intimidation d8 (3)
Investigation d6 (2)
Knowledge (Politics) d4 (1)
Notice d6 (2)
Shooting d6 (2 from HJ Roll)
Stealth d4 (1)
Streetwise d4 (1)
Survival d4 (1)
Throwing d4 (1 from HJ Roll)

Hindrances
Heroic (Major): Must respond to those who ask for help.
Compulsion (Minor): Gambling
Vow (Minor): Defend the weak

Edges
Improved Electrical Aura (from being human): Complex See TLPG
Rapid Lightning Bolt (From Major Hindrance): Gains RoF 3 with electrical attack.
Scrounger (From HJ Roll): Once per session may find some useful tool or resource (see TLPG forexamples)
Connections: Black Market (From HJ Roll): May make a Streetwise roll to find a contact followed by a Persuasion roll to gain resources.
Major Psionic (From IF): May spend 2 ISP for +1 to Psionics roll or 4 ISP for +2 to Psionics roll
Charismatic (From advance): The character gains +2 Charisma
Epiphany. Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session. (Traded with Hardin, currently using for driving)
Hardin
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hardin »

RFT wrote:Looking around her face twists up a bit and she adds. "Do you feel that there is a storm coming. We need to get away from this ley line, there was too much power used here in to short a time."
While she talks the children are unabashedly eating the food acquired before things break out. However simply looking tells you the mother has likely not eaten properly in a very long time and she is obviously low on every from her lack of mental focus and lethargic movements.
Notice Hardin 22, Jane 4
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace! [dice]3[/dice]
Ace again! [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Jane Notice [dice]2[/dice]
Overhearing the woman, Hardin swears and says, "Let's get inside, now!" and he and Jane start moving for the vehicle.

Over the radio to L.C.'s protege he says "Cancel that patrol and get your hide inside, now! Sounds like a ley line storm's a comin', and L.C. will be cross with me if I let you get caught in it."
Hardin and Jane
Notable Edges/Hindrances: Quick, Marksman, Wanted (Major): Coalition, Illiterate
Skills: Fighting d6, Shooting d10, Stealth d6, Riding d6 + 3, Notice d8, Psionics d12, Survival d6, Intimidate d8 + 3
Powers: Push (smite*) costs +1 ISP for +2 AP, ‘Kinesis (telekinesis) on a raise, gains effects of Steady Hands, Resist Energy (deflection*) gives the raise effect but is only good against energy (or partial-energy) attacks, Clear Mind (boost Trait*) costs +1 ISP to activate and has different trappings for each attribute and linked skills
Equipment of Note: A Spiffy Hat (+1 to Intimidation, Rapid Recharge Edge, +2 to damage w/TW weapons or direct damage powers, Always Present)

Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d4, Stealth d8, Swimming d6, Notice d8 + 4, Survival d6
Notes/Special Features:
  • Size +2
  • Brave/Fearless
  • Extraction (Agility roll to break off from melee without giving a free attack)
  • Nano-Repair System
Hardin Character Sheet
Jane Character Sheet
Signature
Rob Hunter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Rob Hunter »

Rob, with weapon ready, waits until the civilians are all aboard, then jumps inside. He gets into his power armor, running his routine readiness checks, and locks in.

"Locked and loaded. Lets rock."
"Robots, why did it have to be robots..."
Rob Hunter, M.A.R.S. Power Armor Pilot
Rob Hunter, Human, M.A.R.S. Super Trooper Power Armor Pilot
Pace: 7; Parry: 8; Toughness: 19(10)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers.
  • Quick: Whenever you are dealt a 5 or lower in combat, you may discard and draw again until you get a card higher than 5.
  • Brave: +2 to Fear tests.
  • Giant Killer: +1d6 damage when attacking creatures three sizes or more larger than himself.
  • Steady Hands: Ignores the “unstable platform” penalty for fring from the backs of animals or riding in moving vehicles. When performing actions while Running (see page 65), his penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Charge: Ignore the multi-action penalty for Running when making a Fighting atack at the end of movement.
  • Battle Hardened: Add +2 to all Soak rolls
Wounds: 1/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 0/3
Adventure Cards
  • Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.
  • Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.
  • Noble Sacrifice: Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead.
Edit Signature
Foxx

Post by Foxx »

Glowing blue eyes narrow as she watches the Ley Line. For a moment everything is calm, next a ley line storm began to form. There is nothing ever good about a ley line storm. They are pretty little rain storms one listens to while drifting off to sleep. These were natures most dangerous magical storms where weird stuff happens. Sadly, she feels a slight thrill of excitement because of it.

She steps out with one foot forward and channels her power as she reaches out towards the ley line.
Spellcasting 9
Spellcasting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice] -2
Benny [dice]2[/dice] -2
Ace [dice]3[/dice]

"Now show me what you got."
The answer to her taunt comes in the form of a bolt of magical lightning. It strikes the ground off to the side of her, nearly six feet. If Fauxalyn had been hit, she would be a pile of smoldering embers. She hides the wince under her cowl and mask and focuses her will. This would be how the storm begins, hurling its magical might down on the earth as the destabilized ley line lashed out. An unruly child throwing the worlds worse temper tantrum. Naturally, Fauxalyn will treat it like a child and send it off to bed.

She utters a word of power and her hands erupt with a magical glow that is swallowed by shadow flames leaving on the flicker of primal light underneath. She guides her hands, manipulating unseen currents in the ley line that fed the storm. This is not an easy task of simply redirecting wires in a panel. This is raw power incarnate in its most wild and free state. She thrust her magic into it and the fight is on. The ley line walker literally fighting against a magical storm.

She digs her heels into the ground, anyone watching would notice her slowly pushed back. The heels of her booths digging gouges into the earth every few seconds as she continues her magical unraveling of the storm. It wants to come, but she refuses it taking away its ability to grow stronger. Higher in the sky distant lightning bolts flash and thunder rumbles softly. "'Vah'," she says, another magical word and the magic encompassing her hands hurls a bolt of magic into the ley line. The magic push ends and Fauxalyn gestures with intricate patterns through the magical energies of the ley line. It almost looks like a standing still kata witch each pass of her hands twisting her fingers into different configurations. Her magic spreads through those lines of power and fades quickly, a small drop into a huge ocean of raw power.

The last part is the most difficult, diffusing and sending it all on its way. The currents were unraveled, her magic spread among those currents, now it was time to get everything moving again in its proper alignment. The intricate patterns she made with her hands and arms slowly became more difficult to maneuver. She was pushing against great amounts of force. The strain becomes so tense that a small groan escapes her masked face. Release her breath in short gasps she brings her rear leg forward and hands up to form a diamond with her forefinger and thumb.

"'Koor'." She whispers and snapping her hands up sharply. The resistance is gone and the growing pressure of the storm relents, evaporating quickly. Even the night sky seems brighter once more as the ley line resumes is natural flow, free of the impressions of magical and psychic manipulation. Suddenly tired, Fauxalyn flops onto her backside, taking deep breaths. She laughs softly and enjoys the feel of the raw magical power flowing unabated through the area. "Ancestors I love being me..."
Fauxalyn Norquinal
Wound -1, Soul Wound
  • Ley Line Magic Master
  • Ley Line Rejuvenation
  • Ley Line Sense
  • Ley Line Transmission
  • Ley Line Walking
  • Ley Line Phasing

Edges:
  • Danger Sense
  • Linguist

Powers

Armor/Greater Armor, Bolt/Onslaught, Detect/Conceal Arcana, Dispel/Exalted Dispel, Invisibility/True Invisibility, Teleport/Greater Teleport

Legendary Trait:
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Her success in controlling and dispelling the storm is encouraging and invigorating to the whole part.
Everyone gains +1 Benny.
RFT is Curious?
So with the knowledge you have are you guys going to...
1) Do the needed repairs
2) Try to hunt down the summoner
3) Start patrols while the repairs are completed
4) Some other options I was not smart enough to think of
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Leethe
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Leethe »

notice 3
notice [dice]0[/dice]
wild [dice]1[/dice]
Leethe turns to Hardin, "If I help these repair robots, I can get speed up the repairs. It can move out now but we are very exposed if we do." She starts work even as she waits for Hardin to reply.
Last edited by Leethe on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Status Tracker
Leethe

Pace: 6 Parry: 6 Toughness: 12(5)
Note: When she has shroud up, all attacks against her suffer -1 penalty and she gains +1 to stealth trait rolls.
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2
ISP: 38 / 40 ; Energy: 10/15 Item Energy: 20/20
Bennies: 1 / 3
Golden Bennies: 0
Log
Q4 2019
  • 10/1: Benny spent for reroll of Psionic skill
  • Benny reset
  • 11/26: Benny for Soak and Benny for Reroll
Edit Signature
Hardin
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hardin »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Jane [dice]2[/dice]
Foxx wrote:Glowing blue eyes narrow as she watches the Ley Line. For a moment everything is calm, next a ley line storm began to form. There is nothing ever good about a ley line storm. They are pretty little rain storms one listens to while drifting off to sleep. These were natures most dangerous magical storms where weird stuff happens. Sadly, she feels a slight thrill of excitement because of it.

She steps out with one foot forward and channels her power as she reaches out towards the ley line.
Spellcasting 9
Spellcasting [dice]31573:0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]31573:1[/dice] -2
Benny [dice]31573:2[/dice] -2
Ace [dice]31573:3[/dice]

"Now show me what you got."
The answer to her taunt comes in the form of a bolt of magical lightning. It strikes the ground off to the side of her, nearly six feet. If Fauxalyn had been hit, she would be a pile of smoldering embers. She hides the wince under her cowl and mask and focuses her will. This would be how the storm begins, hurling its magical might down on the earth as the destabilized ley line lashed out. An unruly child throwing the worlds worse temper tantrum. Naturally, Fauxalyn will treat it like a child and send it off to bed.

She utters a word of power and her hands erupt with a magical glow that is swallowed by shadow flames leaving on the flicker of primal light underneath. She guides her hands, manipulating unseen currents in the ley line that fed the storm. This is not an easy task of simply redirecting wires in a panel. This is raw power incarnate in its most wild and free state. She thrust her magic into it and the fight is on. The ley line walker literally fighting against a magical storm.

She digs her heels into the ground, anyone watching would notice her slowly pushed back. The heels of her booths digging gouges into the earth every few seconds as she continues her magical unraveling of the storm. It wants to come, but she refuses it taking away its ability to grow stronger. Higher in the sky distant lightning bolts flash and thunder rumbles softly. "'Vah'," she says, another magical word and the magic encompassing her hands hurls a bolt of magic into the ley line. The magic push ends and Fauxalyn gestures with intricate patterns through the magical energies of the ley line. It almost looks like a standing still kata witch each pass of her hands twisting her fingers into different configurations. Her magic spreads through those lines of power and fades quickly, a small drop into a huge ocean of raw power.

The last part is the most difficult, diffusing and sending it all on its way. The currents were unraveled, her magic spread among those currents, now it was time to get everything moving again in its proper alignment. The intricate patterns she made with her hands and arms slowly became more difficult to maneuver. She was pushing against great amounts of force. The strain becomes so tense that a small groan escapes her masked face. Release her breath in short gasps she brings her rear leg forward and hands up to form a diamond with her forefinger and thumb.

"'Koor'." She whispers and snapping her hands up sharply. The resistance is gone and the growing pressure of the storm relents, evaporating quickly. Even the night sky seems brighter once more as the ley line resumes is natural flow, free of the impressions of magical and psychic manipulation. Suddenly tired, Fauxalyn flops onto her backside, taking deep breaths. She laughs softly and enjoys the feel of the raw magical power flowing unabated through the area. "Ancestors I love being me..."
Hardin smiles appreciatively at Foxx. "Well, it looks like we might jus' get along fine after all," he drawls.
Leethe wrote:
notice 3
notice [dice]31824:0[/dice]
wild [dice]31824:1[/dice]
Leethe turns to Hardin, "If I help these repair robots, I can get speed up the repairs. It can move out now but we are very exposed if we do." She starts work even as she waits for Hardin to reply.
Nodding, Hardin says, It'd be stupid ta ask the expert and then ignore 'er. Go ahead and do what you gotta do; I'm sure there'll be plenty of chances to tussel with our new shifter friend, and now we know to look out for 'im.

To the team's power armor soldiers, he says, "Now that the danger from that storm has passed, why don't y'all get up in the air and see whatcha can see? Set yourselves a patrol and holler if anything starts creepin' our way."
Hardin and Jane

Notes/Special Features:
  • Size +2
  • Brave/Fearless
  • Nano-Repair System
Hardin Character Sheet
Jane Character Sheet
Signature
Arthur_Bishop
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Arthur_Bishop »

:Arthur awaits instructions, eager to pitch in where he can:
Arthur

Skills:
Gambling d6 (2)
Intimidation d8 (3)
Investigation d6 (2)
Notice d6 (2)
Stealth d4 (1)
Streetwise d4 (1)
Survival d4 (1)

Hindrances

Edges
Rapid Lightning Bolt (From Major Hindrance): Gains RoF 3 with electrical attack.
Scrounger (From HJ Roll): Once per session may find some useful tool or resource (see TLPG forexamples)
Connections: Black Market (From HJ Roll): May make a Streetwise roll to find a contact followed by a Persuasion roll to gain resources.
Major Psionic (From IF): May spend 2 ISP for +1 to Psionics roll or 4 ISP for +2 to Psionics roll
Epiphany. Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session. (Traded with Hardin, currently using for driving)
Rob Hunter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Rob Hunter »

Hardin wrote:To the team's power armor soldiers, he says, "Now that the danger from that storm has passed, why don't y'all get up in the air and see whatcha can see? Set yourselves a patrol and holler if anything starts creepin' our way."
"My power armor doesn't fly, but I can scout on foot if you need me to. Though I think the APC will outpace me.
OOC Comments
I have a pace of 7 in my super trooper power armor.
  • Quick: Whenever you are dealt a 5 or lower in combat, you may discard and draw again until you get a card higher than 5.
  • Giant Killer: +1d6 damage when attacking creatures three sizes or more larger than himself.
  • Steady Hands: Ignores the “unstable platform” penalty for fring from the backs of animals or riding in moving vehicles. When performing actions while Running (see page 65), his penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Charge: Ignore the multi-action penalty for Running when making a Fighting atack at the end of movement.
Adventure Cards
  • Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.
  • Noble Sacrifice: Play when an adjacent ally suffers damage. You suffer the damage instead.
Edit Signature
Hardin
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Hardin »

Rob_Hunter wrote:
Hardin wrote:To the team's power armor soldiers, he says, "Now that the danger from that storm has passed, why don't y'all get up in the air and see whatcha can see? Set yourselves a patrol and holler if anything starts creepin' our way."
"My power armor doesn't fly, but I can scout on foot if you need me to. Though I think the APC will outpace me.
OOC Comments
I have a pace of 7 in my super trooper power armor.
”Fair enough. You can be eyes on the ground while our resident Super Chief watches the sky. Any a y’all handy with a toolbox and could help Leethe out? Arthur, how about you? Anyone who can’t fix is on lookout fer trouble or, if ya need it, now’s as good a time as any to catch some zees.”
Hardin and Jane

Notes/Special Features:
  • Size +2
  • Brave/Fearless
  • Nano-Repair System
Hardin Character Sheet
Jane Character Sheet
Signature
Arthur_Bishop
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Arthur_Bishop »

:Shakes his head: Sorry, I'd just get in the way. I'll keep an eye out though : Pats his hips to make sure his pistol and neural mace are there and walks out a bit, eyes peeled for trouble:
Arthur

Skills:
Gambling d6 (2)
Intimidation d8 (3)
Investigation d6 (2)
Notice d6 (2)
Stealth d4 (1)
Streetwise d4 (1)
Survival d4 (1)

Hindrances

Edges
Foxx

Post by Foxx »

Nods her head to Hardin's compliment. A good way to smooth over rough ground is by proving to be useful. She gets up as things begin anew again. "I am afraid I am not very technically inclined. I may make things worse than better." She looks the APC over with interest, but there is nothing more she can do to help the machine. Gesturing towards the ley line, she says, "I can keep an eye out for our adversary and make sure he does not try to sneak up on us again."
Fauxalyn Norquinal
Wound -1, Soul Wound
  • Ley Line Magic Master
  • Ley Line Rejuvenation
  • Ley Line Sense
  • Ley Line Transmission
  • Ley Line Walking
  • Ley Line Phasing

Edges:
  • Danger Sense
  • Linguist

Powers

Legendary Trait:
Rob Hunter
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Rob Hunter »

Rob exits the APC and tests all the functions of his power armor before arming all of his weapon systems.
"Stay frosty." He says as he nods towards Arthur. He holds his railgun at the ready and heads off on a patrol route ahead of the APC.
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature

Return to “Adventure Archive”