Paz-Durkh Siege: Showdown at High Noon

Freemage
Savage Senior

Paz-Durkh Siege: Showdown at High Noon

Post by Freemage »

Showdown at High Noon (Day 1, Round 1)

The night and morning pass with the group busy with their assorted preparations. The fortifications look sound, the troops are confident. Everyone is in place, and prepped as best they can be. Moments before the sun reaches its apex, a red-winged blackbird comes zooming out of the trees, crying out; Hassun lets Artemeisia know that the bandits are almost there, giving her time to give the ready order. The Legionnaires stand firm; the dwarves defiant, and they all level their weapons at the tree-lines, hunkering down behind the hastily, but well-constructed barricades.

The first of the hoverbikes come screaming out of the trees moments later followed only slightly by the robot horse riders; meanwhile, a handful of robot armor suits take up position on far ridgelines to pummel the defenses with artillery.
OOC Comments
Okay, so, here's the deal:

Currently, there are 240 Bandits, and 210 Defenders. So the attackers get 10 Tokens (24 bandits each), and the defenders get 9 (21 defenders each).

In a Mass Battle, it's all on the leader's head, ultimately. So Artemeisia should roll Knowledge: Battle LAST, after all modifications are calculated from other people. This is NOT an opposed roll--you and the bandit leadership will roll separately. Every success or raise she gets removes one Bandit token; every success or raise the enemy gets will cost you all one defender token.

Arte has some 'fixed' bonuses for each round, depending on where the fighting takes place and what round it is. Currently, she gets +1 Artillery from SnackHappy and some other Robot Armor and rocket launcher-wielding Legionnaires she's got available to her, and the early warning provided by Hassun's animal friends gets an additional +1: Net bonus +2.

The Bandits get +1 Artillery, +1 Light Air Support, -1 Terrain (SnackHappy's defenses), and +1 for superior numbers, for a final bonus of +2 (but they don't have a swarm of PCs providing assistance).

Assistance:

As with the preparation, the rolls you make are an abstraction of your character's activity over 4 hours of semi-constant battle. It's the key "thing you do" during that time.

Everyone who is participating in the battle (other than Arte) should make ONE Skill roll representing that thing you want to do. It's understood that you're all doing a lot of things, but this represents your primary contribution to the fight. As you are outnumbered, you suffer a -1 penalty to the roll; Seasoned characters get a +1, for a flat roll instead.

Some examples:
Obviously, engaging in combat with hapless extras and slaughtering them in droves is a Fighting, Shooting or Throwing roll. Normally, Ammunition is tracked on Shooting rolls, but with the abundance of e-clips available, I'm going to apply handwavium to any use of weapons that use E-clips. Railguns and missiles should track ammo, OTOH. Railguns roll 3d6; missiles, grenades and rockets roll 1d6 to determine the number of shots burned during the fight.
Zakkael gets +1 if using Faith during this time.
Laying down arcane might uses the appropriate Arcane Skill. It also requires you to roll 2d6 to determine Power Points spent.
Exceptions, rulings and special modifiers:
[*] As Hassun is a Burster with tons of free firepower, if he throws down with Psionics, it costs him only 1d6 ISP. Anyone who can tap the Ley Line for PPE doesn't have to roll for PPE expenditure at all, as you refresh pretty much non-stop during the fight.
[*] Any Major Psionic can add 2 to their ISP roll to add 2 to their Psionics roll, or +4/+4.
[*] SnackHappy should pick which weapon systems he prefers to focus on (note that his wide arsenal also has been factored in as the fixed "Artillery Bonus" Arte gets for the round). If he takes any wounds during the combat (see the table near the end), those get applied to the GunWolf, and will also require location hits.
  • Light Laser: Shooting, +1 for Link, -2 Matter of Size cancelled by the targeting systems, no ammo concerns
  • Rail Guns (any): Shooting, -2 Matter of Size cancelled by the targeting systems, burn 2d6 rounds for each railgun used
  • Ion Cannon: Shooting, No MoS penalty due to area of effect attack, no ammo concerns
  • Mini-Missile Launchers: No MoS penalty due to area of effect attack, burn 1d6 ammo per launcher used
  • Flamethrower: Shooting, No MoS penalty due to area of effect attack, burn 2d6 ammo
  • Close Combat Array: Piloting, -2 MoS penalty, no targeting bonus, no ammo concerns
[*]If Roath wants to go invisible and cut up lone stragglers behind the lines, that's Stealth, with a +2 for the Cloak (which, again, he can pretty much use for free as an LLW on a Ley Line). (Remember to apply the -1 penalty for this round, though.)
[*] Echo's "confusion to the enemy" approach would be a Smarts roll at +2 for having the ability to Shapeshift. (Essentially, this is a Smarts trick.) (Ditto on the round penalty.)
[*] Zakkael and Echo also have an additional option. Instead of going on the offense (and boosting Artemeisia's roll in the usual fashion), they can choose to go defensive (Echo by disrupting attack coordination, Zakkael by spamming Barrier and Healing during the fight). If they take this approach, their table results (below) are applied as a negative to the attackers' roll (which could result in fewer tokens being lost on your side).
Character Battle Results
• Failure: The hero is stopped by overwhelming numbers,
an unfortunate tactical development, or bad fortune. He
suffers 4d6 damage.
• Success: The hero fights well and adds +1 to his side’s
Battle Roll, though he suffers 3d6 damage.
• Raise: The hero wreaks havoc, slaying enemy leaders
and destroying important assets. He suffers 2d6 damage,
but adds +2 to his side’s Battle Roll.
• Two Raises: The warrior covers himself in glory! Scores
of foes fall before him and his success inspires his allies
to fight like demons. His efforts add +2 to his side’s Battle
Roll and he emerges from the fight unscathed.
Short summary:

Everyone but Artemeisia:

Post your approach to the fight. (Zakk and Echo can choose to go 'defensive' to try and spare the miners, instead of inflicting more damage on the enemy.)
Roll appropriate skill, and if appropriate, PPE/Ammo spent.
Read table, post results (Just copy/paste the one that applies to your roll).
I will roll any damage taken.
Add some flavor text to represent that roll.

Once all that is done, Artemeisia rolls Knowledge: Battle, based on the final bonus. I do the same for the Bandits. Tokens are removed, and Arte and the Bandits roll Spirit - [Tokens lost] as a Morale roll (note: first round, you guys have a +4 bonus to morale). If either side fails morale, the fight's over as they flee in terror.

If neither side is routed, and both sides still have Tokens left, then the fight continues to the Evening round; if you've lost too many people, it may move to Zone 2 (the buildings), as the defenders are pushed back; if you have enough people, AND inflicted significant casualties, we might even move to Zone 0 (beyond the barricades).
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Echo
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Paz-Durkh Siege: Showdown at High Noon

Post by Echo »

Persuasion 14, success and two raises for -2 to Opponents Battle roll from infiltration
Persuasion [dice]0[/dice]
  • Extra Effort on first round for double raise: [dice]2[/dice]
Persuasion Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Putting his armor on, grabbing his laser pistol and stealing a bike Hampton is glad to be out of that place. He was not sure he would be able to escape, those Tomorrow Legion people claim to be noble, but after they raped his mind and through him in there with that other prisoner he did not think he would ever be the same. He remembered the guy was chatting, which can be a good thing, but he needed how to get back to his FAC unit if any lived. Unfortunately it turned out his unit was destroyed from those Legion fools who captured him. The best thing to do would be find another unit and get some payback for shooting him in the leg.
Approaching the company he was surprised it took close to half an hour before he was taken to the Lieutenant in charge.
Being introduced to Breaker the Lieutenant of the company Hammond found himself unfairly on the grill. “So, you claim you where with one of the units that got wiped? How did you get away?” Still a little untrusting the Lieutenant looks around “Any of you recognise this guy?”
Private Marcone normally liked to keep quiet, but he figured this time he would speak up. He remembered he liked Hammond the last time they worked together. “I know that guy, that’s Hammond, I worked with him before, he did scouting work for the 232nd when I was in Old New Mexico. He was okay.”
Hearing someone actually knew the guy the Lieutenant was a little more reasonable to hear the story. “Well what are you waiting for. Tell us what happened to the rest of the scouts.”
Hammanded was relieved someone actually recognised him. No-one wants to get shot when all they wanted was a little revenge. “Looking around nervously at all the men with guns pointed at him Hammond decided to try and shoot straight before he was shot down. “Those dogs killed my unit took me, they started to do some kind of mind rape n me. I could feel them in my head forcing me to answer questions, when one of them started yelling at the guy that it wasn’t right. Next thing I know these two guys are arguing back and forth and completely forgot me.
“Well I know when to get out, so I took off running jumped on Davy’s skimmer and headed out.” Looking a bit embarrassed he adds. “I thought I was clear, but as soon as I started to run they started shooting, they damaged by bike there and got me in the leg.” he indicates the still bloody hole in the armor of his leg. “Once I was clear I figured I wanted to get a little revenge. You don’t know what it was like to have one of those guys poking around in your head. It was terrible, and I am gonna make them pay. I can tell you some of what I saw inside.” Hammond is looking forward to shooting some of those guys again and if he sees that weird girl without the eyes again he will shoot her until she quits twitching, reload and shoot her again. Mumbling some of his resentment gets out. “That bitch is gonna pay.”
Seeing the resentment in his face Breaker knows this guy obviously cannot be trusted with any key missions, but he will work out just fine as a gun on the field. “I will give you a chance at some vengeance. Now go eat and get ready.”
After filling his stomach Hammond got back to his original mission. Moving through the camp he found the other two Lieutenants for the Cavalry and studying them and getting to know them as well as he could.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This battle was going all wrong. Breaker was getting pissed, every time he turned around another one of his units was going the wrong direction, firing on the wrong target or worst of all he found one unit actually launching missiles path the walls. He told them to clear the path and take out the unoccupied outer building first. He was beginning to think there was something wrong with his men. Perhaps that girl Private Hammond spoke of was messing with his soldiers minds. Turning around he saw men again heading out directly for the fortifications. “What the hell are you doing soldier?”
“Just doing what you said boss, you told us to concentrate fire on that weak spot where the west wall brokedown.” The corporal looked a little nervous and very confused.
His temper was getting the better of him as Breaker roared. “Now what the hell would I want to shoot at a damn hle in a wall for! Get your men and head to the east wall, look at how many secured they are there, we need to break them now!” What the hell was going on here?
Turning to look around and survey how the battle was going the Lieutenant was not pleased to see the Lieutenant staring back at him with a Laser pistol in hand and looking very displeased. “I knew something was going on here. Half the time I would give an order and my men would go the other way 2 minutes later. Don’t suppose you want to tell me anything useful?” Without waiting for a reply the Lieutenant shot Lieutenant Breaker.
The hole in his chest was awfully inconvenient for Lieutenant Breaker as he looked up at Lieutenant Breaker. “Sorry, too much to do to explain it to you.” Shooting back Lieutenant Breaker split into a third Lieutenant Breaker as both jumped on the remaining Lieutenant Breaker quickly incapacitating him they stripped him of his uniform and reaching out with their magic opened a hole in the earth to cover him. Standing up and getting back to work Lieutenant Breaker was glad to have finally figured out where all those terrible orders where coming from. No telling how many of the minors could have been hurt with the terrible orders Breaker was giving.
Looking at the hole in his chest Lieutenant Breaker was frustrated. His new armor will have to cover that, because it would take minutes to heal.
Echo (Rob T)
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d12+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Spells & Powers: Unearthly Perception, Metamorphosis Superior, Matter/Energy Shaping at will.

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

Bennies: 1
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    -2 Reroll with Immortal Hand

Q2 2019 ADVENTURE CARDS
  • 44 Boom! Head Shot You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.

49 Parely All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

48 Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.

GM Quick Reference
Zakkael
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Zakkael »

Faith - Defensive -- Success and 2 raises
Automatic Ace = 8 + 1 for special bonus
[dice]0[/dice]

Success and 2 raises = -2 to opposing Battle rolls

Wild die Faith
[dice]1[/dice]

Ace wild die
[dice]2[/dice]
Mustering all of his focus, faith, and conviction, Zakkael fulfills his promise to Scyleia. Her heart is bolstered with Courage, a wall of force surrounding her and protecting her against the attacks of the enemy. SnackHappy, too, benefits from Zakkael's blessings. He feels the world slow down around him as he moves faster than most mortals could comprehend. The Gunwolf struggles to keep up with the pace of his attack.
Zakkael calls out to Heaven. "Deliver our enemies into our hands! No weapons formed against us shall prosper!" Every approach where the enemy thinks they've found a way through is blocked by a barrier of force that springs up from nowhere.
Several lead miners in defensive positions feel the same courage course through their spirit as the Breastplate of Righteousness secures them completely against weaker laser fire. Zakkael shouts to them, rousing their spirits. "The Shield of Faith is proof against the darts of the enemy. Stand firm! This evil day will be won, for the Light is our fortress and our high tower! The Light has given the Angel of Justice charge over you. I am with you until this day is won and our foe flies for fear of judgment!"
Where he is not present to prevent injury, he appears almost immediately, there to salve the wounds of the stricken. "Rise up and fight, my friends! Though you may be wounded, the Light shall see you made whole! Redouble your efforts! Let these vermin be driven before you like chaff on the wind!"
His presence ubiquitous, his faith unwavering, and his determination infectious, Zakkael spurs his allies on to fight like a legion of warring angels.
As he tours the battlefield, rendering protection or healing where he can, a lone bandit takes aim and fires a blast, striking Zakkael. Unfazed, he turns to the bandit. "The Spear of Judgment strikes true against your murderous heart. I say unto you: collect your bitter reward!" Zakkael musters a blast, striking directly at the bandit's black soul. Onlookers gasp as a bolt of pure white energy shoots through the core of the man, and a bloodcurdling shriek erupts from his mouth before falling silent, his body slumping to the ground with no visible wounds. The bandit's lifeless face is frozen in abject terror, the only earthly indication of his first glimpse of his eternal destiny.
"Fight on, my friends! You are delivered by the Light of Heaven! We have already won our victory!"
Last edited by Zakkael on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zakkael
Zakkael
Current Status: 1 wounds / 1 Fatigue
Bennies: 2 (-1 EE fighting, -1 Soak, +1 from Fox)
Parry: 9, -2 to hit with ranged attacks
Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 11/25 / ISP: 2/10
Staff PPE: 2/10
Active Powers: Exalted Darksight
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Alertness, Improved Rapid Recharge, Elan, Marksman (Mysticism)
Adventure Cards:
  • Joker's Gone Wild: Play this card to swap your initiative card with any Joker drawn for initiative.
    Rabbit Out of My Hat: Play this card to gain +2 to any Trick test until the end of the scene
Armor: TW Combat Mage Armor
  • Darksight
  • Farsight
  • +7 Armor
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • +1 Strength die
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
Staff of Justice
  • 10 PPE
  • +1 Miracles spellcasting rolls
  • Dispel (Holy Light approved custom trapping)
  • Smite
  • Str+d6 damage, Reach 1, Parry +1, 2 handed, MD with 2 PPE
Shield of Faith
  • +6 Armor vs. ranged attacks
  • +3 Parry
  • -2 to hit by ranged attacks
  • Edges: Dodge & Improved Dodge
  • Power: Barrier (wall of force trapping)
  • Power: Deflection (Wind trapping)
Approved Custom Trappings - Deific
Edit Signature
Peta Chante
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Peta Chante »

As the bandits approach, Herra hunkers down with her defenders. Taking advantage of the swell of the ley line, she empowers many of their weapons to hit hard. The defenders open fire as the hover cycles zoom into view, blowing a few of them out of the sky with psychically enhanced weapons. She watches as bandits hit the ground with a thud, some bailing others just crashing. A unit of them hover a bit uncertain, it looks like their leader has gone down.

Spotting the leader Herra breaks from the lines, her eyes glowing hypnotically. Catching his attention she reaches into his mind and orders him to tell his men to retreat. He complies, sending confusion through their ranks. As the small pocket of bandits moves in disarray the defenders pour heavy fire into them. While chaos reigns orders the leader to shoot himself and then walks back to the lines.

Going through the ranks she helps those who need healing and recharge the advancement on their weapons.

"Let us prepare for the next wave."
Psionics 9 success with raise
Psionics: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
ISP Bonus: 4 for +4
Total: 9

ISP used [dice]2[/dice]
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature
Erin Tarn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Erin Tarn »

GM Comment to Roath
If Roath wants to go invisible and cut up lone stragglers behind the lines, that's Stealth, with a +2 for the Cloak (which, again, he can pretty much use for free as an LLW on a Ley Line). (Remember to apply the -1 penalty for this round, though.)
Roll of 4 for Stealth
Stealth Roll +2 & -1 for a roll of d6-1

Stealth: [dice]0[/dice] +2
Wild die for Stealth: [dice]1[/dice]
Active Spells are Greater Invisibility and Fear (Frightful tendrils of Darkness ripple out from the invisible Roath as he cuts down enemies with his Roxblade).
  • Walking beside Arte after one of his talks with the locals the old Ley Line Walker says to the commander:

"I have tried to boost moral where I can. I have played my part as the old man who has been there, and survived, now so can you young man, go fight for your home."

Glancing over at Arte he smiles, "I'm not as ready for the grave as I might appear. I itch for some action. With the Ley Line so close my veins are rippling with its power....now that I have tried to inspire hope here, I think I will head out behind enemy lines and inspire fear."

Placing his frightful helmet on Roath bows to Arte and disappears.

His muffled and deep voice states, "Time to cut them down, any lone stragglers are mine, I shall be the invisible wave of death that cuts at their fears."
GM Request Notice Roll
Notice [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Lars
  • Game Master: CS Disavowed (110 PA)
  • Game Master: Rifts Speed Tribes! (68 PA)

Damien - Momano (Rifts: 1st SET, Far From Home)

Monza Lena - Altara (Phase World: Remorseless)

Sergio - Gunman (Deadlands)

Clay - Fighter (Savage Forgotten Realms)

Dred - Mega Juicer (Rifts Legends)

Jackal - Artificial Construct (21st SET)
NPC Accounts:
Zieja Kasbrook (RST!)
Erin Tarn (RST!)
Scyleia

Post by Scyleia »

Shooting 11
OOC Comments
Shooting 1d8: [dice]0[/dice] Shooting explode die: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die 1d6: [dice]1[/dice]
Scyleia gears up for battle, taking her position on the line wither her trusty plasma rifle. As the enemy approaches, she reaches out with her acute senses and opens up into the oncoming foes.
Character Summary
Scyleia Altaran Warrior Woman
Active effects: None
Parry: 9
Toughness: 19 (10)
Notable Edges: Danger Sense, Alertness, Combat Reflexes, Counterattack, Brawler, Martial Artist, Nerves of Steel, Woodsman
Skills: Climbing d6, Fighting d10, Healing d6, Notice d6+2, Shooting d8, Stealth d6+4(+6 in wilderness), Streetwise d4, Survival d6+2, Throwing d4, Tracking d4+2, Telepathy d4
Powers: Telepathy
Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: 0; | PPE: 20/20 | Bennies:

Currently playing in: 7th Set: Joker's Jokers
Actual Play | General Forums
"I want to live. I want to experience the Universe. And I want to eat pie."
- - Urgo
SnackHappy
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by SnackHappy »

Jacob shouts not over the radio or into the PA but to himself and his Gunwolf in the cockpit as he sees the enemy's coming into his range of fire. "Sasha girl you have been waiting for this! Let's see how these bandits take to your firepower."

Jacob, in his Gunwolf strides out into the field firing his ion cannons and lasers into groups of the bandits with precision felling as many as he can. Once far enough away from allies he activates the Wolf's Howl Transmitter Array both to strike fear into his enemies and bolster the courage of the defending miners.

Shooting Total 25
OOC Comments
Shooting:[dice]0[/dice] Ace:[dice]2[/dice]
Wild:[dice]1[/dice]
Firing Lasers and the Ion unless bigger threats require more firepower.
Character Summary
Jacob ‘Snack Happy’ Grimlock a M.A.R.S. Robot Armor Pilot
Active effects: None
Parry: 6 (8 w/Cestus)
Toughness: 20(9)/35(17) in Sasha
Notable Edges: Professional, Expert, Ace, Combat Ace, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Quick, Robot Armor Jock, McGyver, Two-Fisted, Rock and Roll, Ambidextrous, Command, Tactician
Skills: Notice d6, Repair d8 +2,Knowledge(Battle) d6, Knowledge(Electronics) d8, Piloting d10+2, Driving d6+2, Fighting d8, Shooting d12+2
Equipment of Note:
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic(Modified):+9 Armor and +2 Toughness, Full Environmental; Comms (10 miles), Loudspeakers, laser distancer, night vision mode,Laser Torch (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage), Laser Finger (Str+d4 in melee reach 1 Strength d6 arm, +2 Repair checks)
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Laser Pistol (Range 18/36/72, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 4, 24 Shots, Semi-Auto)

NG-V61 Gunwolf(Sasha): Size 6, Crew 2 modded for tail copilot, Strength d12+6, Toughness 35 (17), Pace 10
Notes: M.D.C. Armor
Weapon Systems:
  • 2 × Dual-linked Medium RailGuns (right forearm)|(Range 100/200/400, +1 to hit, Damage 3d10+6, RoF 3, AP 14, 60 Shots, Mega Damage)
  • Medium Ion Cannon (left forearm) | (Range 40/80/160, Damage 4d8, RoF 1, AP 4, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • Medium Missile Launcher (chest) |(Range 200/400/800, Damage 8d6, RoF 1, AP 15, 4 Shots, Mega Damage, MBT)
  • 2 × Dual-Linked Light Laser (eyes) | (Range 150/300/600, +1 to hit, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, AP 5, Mega Damage)
  • Heavy Flamethrower (jaws). A heavy chemical flamethrower, the damage ignores all but Full Environment Protection armor (Range Cone, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1, Mega Damage)
  • Assault Jaws/Claws/Rail gun spikes. The Gunwolf has a number of close combat weapons built-in (Damage d12+d8+6, AP 2, Mega Damage)
  • Wolf’s Howl Transmitter Array. As an action, the pilot activates this system, affecting all targets within a Large Burst Template centered on the Gunwolf (the Gunwolf itself is immune). Victims must make a Smarts roll at −2 or be Shaken (−4 if the target has some kind of enhanced hearing, GM’s call).
Jump Jets To jump, the pilot uses an action to make a Piloting roll to both maneuver his walker and manage his power reserves. Each round spent jumping increases his height 50 feet. Each subsequent round spent jumping (essentially flying) afterwards inflicts a –2 to the Piloting roll, cumulative to a maximum of –6. Failure means the walker descends immediately (a critical failure results in a fall; you suffer (6+X)d6 damage, where X = Height/10).
You may also make a Death From Above attack by landing on an enemy vehicle or armor unit. This is an opposed roll of your Piloting vs. their Piloting/Driving/Boating Skill. If you fail, it is treated as a 20' Fall (8d6 damage). If you succeed, you land on top of them, doing (6+X)d6 damage, where X is your starting Height/10.

Ammo:
  • 12 medium missiles
    450 railgun rounds
    80 shots for Flamethrower
    24 BigBore Shells
Razorback Cloak (unenchanted, crafted from exotic materials)
  • Created from the hides of boars mutated with demonic magic; the metal-infused spines and razor-sharp edges often seem to flex in the defense of the wearer.
  • Grants +2 to opposed rolls whenever the wearer is in a Grapple (whether it's a Strength/Agility roll to break free, or a Fighting roll to inflict damage).
  • When worn, the wearer gains the benefits of the Extraction and Combat Sense Edges (if they have either of these Edges already, they gain the Improved version).
  • However, the shiny material and grating, rasping noise they make when worn give the wearer a -2 penalty to Stealth rolls.
  • 2 lbs
  • Value: 25,000 Cr, in part because they aren't exactly attractive.
NG-B50 Thunderer Combat Hammer
Str+d10+3d6
Notes: Mega Damage. BigBore shells provide the +3d6 and must be reloaded after 8 strikes.
BigBore shells cost 125 credits each (1,000 credits for a full reload). (Silvered)

C-29 “Hellfire” Heavy Plasma Cannon
18/36/72 3d10+4
Notes: Min Str d8, Mega Damage, Snapfire. Plasma hits all of a target at once, ignoring Armor unless
it’s fully covering. Targets may ignite (6 on a d6), burning for 1d10 continuous damage until doused.

LongTooth Clan Tail Cestus (Super-Tech Signature Item)
This cestus, custom crafted for Jacob's tail by the Longtooth Clan of the Dinosaur Swamp, lets him clear a large arc of enemies; it also serves as a constant reminder of surviving the Xiticix Hive there, and so renders him immune to fear.
Base Item: Chain Longsword (Str + 2d8 MD, AP 4)
  • ST Mods (8 points)
  • Parry +2 (2 pts)
  • Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Improved Sweep Edge (2 pts)
  • Fearless (2 pts)
  • Modified per loot to add +2 AP off of hero's journey
Credits: 158,370

Wounds: 0/4 | Fatigue: 0/2 | Action Cards: Second Wind, Spill the Beans, Extra Effort
Bennies: 3/3

Currently playing in: 7th Set Joker's Jokers
Artemeisia
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Artemeisia »

OOC Comments
Notice:[dice]0[/dice] Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Constant Effects: One Eye (-2 Range penalty), Sense Ley Lines, Danger Sense
Temporary Effects: Name (Duration)
Battle
Battle 1d6: Auto Ace (Adventure Card) 6 + [dice]2[/dice] Wild [dice]3[/dice] Total = 13 (2 raises)
Battle is begun. People are fighting. People are dying. Artemeisia feels an odd sense of detachment. Rarely has she worked with anything over squad level. Even more rarely was she orchestrating the action. Of course as a student of combat she has studied historical battles, great generals and the theories behind what leads to victory and what leads to defeat.

At this point her prized chainswords are being used more like a conductor's baton than tools of death. Despite the discomfort, and for a brief second she had doubts, Artemeisia is beginning to feel the heady sense of power that comes with this role. It's not the thrill of standing against a mighty foe, toe to toe, blow for blow, deciding who wins and who is dead. Nor is it the rush of facing down a horde singlehanded. It is something new. And she likes it. After that brief moment of doubt, she fully embraces her role, and maybe it won't be fast, or pretty, but they will win. Of that, she is sure.

Still, she is drawn to the actual fighting, and given a chance will engage the enemy face to face. But not, however, at the risk of the bigger battle. The metaphors and similes and even allegories about the forces being extensions of her will, or her limbs reaching beyond her small individual body. Bending her will to the objective. Her abundance of confidence does not hinder her ability to delegate, and she uses all the tools - people, equipment, terrain, weather, magic - to the best of her and their ability.

Yes, this is a new experience, and she absolutely embraces it.
Artemeisia Harpe Discipula
Edit Signature
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 8 6; Toughness: 7 / w/ armor 13 (5)
Worn Armor: SFD Bushman Full Composite Armor
Weapon in Hand: R.Hand: Chain-Longsword, L.Hand Wilks 227 Pulse Laser Pistol

"Unless the enemy has studied his Agrippa… which I have." - Inigo Montoya
"Well then, I seem to recall a rather pleasant little restaurant not far from here. Care to see if it's still standing?" - Ciaphas Cain
"Excuse me, did we come to your planet and blow stuff up?" - Nick Fury
Hassun

Post by Hassun »

OOC Comments
ISP Used [dice]0[/dice]
Psionics [dice]1[/dice] (4 ISP used for +2)
Wild Die [dice]2[/dice]
Total: 10 (Success w/ Raise)
Fire Aura Activated (3 ISP used)
Remaining ISP:18
Feeling the sun burning within him, Hassun strides towards the oncoming horde and lets it consume him.
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

OOC Comments
K: Battle [dice]0[/dice]
Benny Extra Effort [dice]1[/dice]

Total 4: 1 Token lost by the defenders
3 Tokens lost by the attackers

Bandits now have 7 tokens
Defenders have 8 tokens

Artemeisia needs to roll Spirit to maintain morale; -1 for the lost token, +4 for the prep-work, net +3.

Bandit Spirit: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Spirit: [dice]3[/dice]
The bandits' initial rush is blunted by fouled communications and periodically losing someone to a figure that steps out of the shadows, strikes and fades again. Meanwhile, they are also frustrated by their targets being protected by Zakkael's miracles. Meanwhile, Artemeisia plays her hand like a grandmaster, putting SnackHappy's laser blasts in just the right place to take out attackers, and Hassun's inferno roasts those who dare to make it across the barricades. Scyleia drops anyone attempting to rally a new assault, and Herra's trick with mind-controlling the leader of the most effective bandits pretty much scatters them. Even with all this, however, the onslaught of laser-fire and tossed grenades does inflict some damage.

But then, the bandits flee into the hills, heading away at high speed.
OOC Comments
Okay, so the bandits failed their morale check by 3, even with the extra effort of the bennie, so yeah, we're over here. Heh. Without a wild card leading them, the bandits really didn't have a chance. I'll have to do another post tomorrow for the conclusion, and then we'll be on to the next adventure.
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Peta Chante
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Peta Chante »

As the battle want, Herra watches the bandits file for the hills. Survivors may cause problems later. However, for the moment, the danger has passed.

Moving around the battlefield she assists any medical personnel with healing until her powers are exhausted. While being drained leaves he uneasy, having their force at full fighting capacity is important too.

Having helped as much as she can, Herra seeks out Arte.

"Well fought as always. What is our next course of action?"
Character Information
Herra, Psychic Warrior
30/30 I.S.P.
1/3 Bennies
Edit Signature
Echo
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Echo »

Notice 8
Echo Notice Roll: [dice]0[/dice]
Notice Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]

Spend Bennie for reroll on notice to find good armor and weapon

Echo Notice Roll: [dice]2[/dice]
Notice Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]
Wild Ace: [dice]4[/dice]
After confirming the bandits have left Echo joins the clean up and after action efforts. Recovering armor, weapons and supplies so they can be organized and distributed among the survivors for future defense. Using her shaping to save people trapped and offering what little help she can healing people.

He will find a functional suit of armor, side arm and rifle for herself.
Echo (Rob T)
Echo a Living Spell & Shape Changer
Active effects: Awesomeness, Conceal Arcana, Spirit d12+2
Current Parry: 5
Current Toughness: 11 (6) (Environmental)
Notable Edges: Imp Nerves of Steel, Killer Instinct, Charismatic +6
Spells & Powers: Unearthly Perception, Metamorphosis Superior, Matter/Energy Shaping at will.

Current Status
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/2

• +3 Quarterly Reset
    -2 Reroll with Immortal Hand

Q2 2019 ADVENTURE CARDS
  • 44 Boom! Head Shot You may ignore any Called Shot penalty on your next ranged attack.

49 Parely All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.

48 Epiphany Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.

GM Quick Reference
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Echo manages to strip some basic weapons off the bandits. Probably not as good as her peers, but it's definitely something she can use.
OOC Comments
Basically, she gets as many of each of these as she wants:

Light Combat "Ride" Armor (+5),
Wilk’sRemi 130 “Six-Shooter” Laser Pistol (Range 15/30/60, Damage 2d6+1, RoF 1, AP 2)
Vibroknife (Str+d6, AP 4, Mega Damage)
2 'short' E-clips
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Zakkael
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Zakkael »

Zakkael watches as the last of the bandits speeds away in the opposite direction. Seeing no counter-offensive being mounted, he bows his head and whispers a quiet prayer of thanks. He turns to his comrades in arms, raises all four arms in victory, and shouts. "Thanks be to the Light, who has delivered this enemy into our hands and driven them before us. Let Heaven receive all credit due for our miraculous defense! The mercy of Heaven is endless, and judgment against marauders swift and sure!"
He walks among the battle lines, seeking out any who may need healing, and lending his share of the light to their wellness. "The Light of Heaven has mended your wounds. Rejoice! You are delivered from those who would steal, kill, and destroy all you care about."
He eventually returns to Artemeisia's side. "Commander, the defense is victorious. What wounded we can salve are taking their brief convalescence, thanks to the healing power of the Light. With your permission, I shall survey the surrounding land for stragglers or our own lost townsfolk." Assuming permission is granted, he takes to the skies in a brisk patrolling orbit, sending his scrying sight here and there, wherever something is to be found.
Notice
Notice with Alertness and mystic vision
[dice]0[/dice]

Wild die notice
[dice]1[/dice]

Detect Arcana - free action, with staff bonus
[dice]2[/dice]

Wild die DA
[dice]3[/dice]
Zakkael
Zakkael
Current Status: 1 wounds / 1 Fatigue
Bennies: 2 (-1 EE fighting, -1 Soak, +1 from Fox)
Parry: 9, -2 to hit with ranged attacks
Toughness: 12 (7)
PPE: 11/25 / ISP: 2/10
Staff PPE: 2/10
Active Powers: Exalted Darksight
Pertinent Edges: Danger Sense, Alertness, Improved Rapid Recharge, Elan, Marksman (Mysticism)
Adventure Cards:
  • Joker's Gone Wild: Play this card to swap your initiative card with any Joker drawn for initiative.
    Rabbit Out of My Hat: Play this card to gain +2 to any Trick test until the end of the scene
Armor: TW Combat Mage Armor
  • Darksight
  • Farsight
  • +7 Armor
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • +1 Strength die