Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Norona » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:15 pm

KC (holding)

Using his magically enhanced scope Norona scans the far shore line and calls out target positions to the team via radio.

"Bandits have proceeded around the corner. Schoolboy adjust fire. That last one was a little off."

Holding his fire Norona won't shoot unless one of the mundane targets directly threatens a member of the group.

Keep an eye on the bandits:
Tracking 1d8+2 = 3: 1 (Wild 1d6 = 6: 6, Ace 1d6 = 3: 3)
Total: 9
Notice 1d8 = 6: 6 (Wild 1d6 = 3: 3)

Shoot (if needed, with the Drop, +4, per IM)
Shooting 1d8+4 = 8: 4 (Wild 1d6+4 = 9: 5)
Total: 9 (-1 for range) = 8 (raise)
Damage: 2d6+6 = 17: 6, 5 (AP, 4)
Ace: 1d6 = 3: 3
Raise: 1d6 = 1: 1
Total: 21 (AP 4)
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Beretta Le Rouge
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Beretta Le Rouge » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:53 pm

Notice 1d8+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2

Four of Clubs

Distracted by the cacophony of seemingly uncorrelated events, Beretta tries her hardest to disregard the sudden appearance of a transdimensional tear in the fabric of space-time, just over yonder, wishing to instead focus her attentions on the proverbial monkey on her back. . . the exceedingly relevant corpse flailing a chain-sword monkey on her back.

Ughh, as if it wasn't ugly enough!

Trying to get the bastard off her person, Beretta attempts to shove the clingy murder-wraith!

Push Maneuver vs Murder-Wraith [-1 Bennie for Extra Effort (3 remaining)]
Opposed Strength Test 1d12+4 = 6: 2
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Extra Effort 1d6 = 4: 4
Total: 10

Contingencies: assuming Deezy and Johnny are conversing over the radio, the talk of incoming boom-gun fire -directed at said Murder-Wraith face hugging her- happens to raise an eyebrow in anxious haste.

Holy Toledos! Hold off on that ordinance until I'm out of the reticle!

Beretta, having hopefully pushed off the the Murder-Wraith will B-line it out of dodge, in a southward direction. In technical terms, her full-pace of 10".
Last edited by Beretta Le Rouge on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beretta Le Rouge
GB stats: Pace 10 (swim 6); Parry 6; Toughness 30 (18); Bennies - 2
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Pistol; Range: 18/36/72; Damage: 2d6+1; RoF: 2; AP: 2; Shots: 22/24; Notes: Semi-Auto, 3RB, +1 to Shooting rolls.

User avatar
Aderyn
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Aderyn » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:41 pm

Aderyn look as the battle drags on Did anyone think of a plan? Like seriously wasn't that wolf guy the leader? Like, who leads the team now? Any plan or orders? NOPE! Aderyn takes a deep breath to calm himself Just shoot anyone that is not in the dosier I guess... Aderyn steadies his aim an concentrates to shoot while the enemies still don't make him out, he best make the best of it.

Aderyn aims at the murder wraith if it's still alive.

User avatar
Capt. Murdok
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Capt. Murdok » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:40 pm

Norona is getting into his new role as spotter for the new Glitter boy. "Bandits have proceeded around the corner. Schoolboy adjust fire. That last one was a little off." Norona may not have a lot of experience guiding a glitter boy, but he is experienced at shooting and feels confident and better that he is able to do something rather than spend time flying across the river.

The radio chatter is a little concerning. It appears that another Glitter Boy has entered the fray, and it appears to be working with the legion. With a Glitter Boy in the mix, having the Murder Wraith on top of her is going to end up bad for both of them. Against most people, a Glitter Boy will easily overpower them and could be thrown quite some distance away, However when Baretta tries to do just that, the arm actuators are signs of extreme resistance. Dezzy knows that she is a bigger target than the Murder Wraith and radios to the team. Holy Toledos! Hold off on that ordinance until I'm out of the reticle!

Dezzy sees Johnny shooting the small targets and reminds him of what his target should be. To help him identify the reason for the enhancements, she paints the murder-wraith sending the signal to the glitter boy.

The Murder Wraith has a glint in his eye, as he pulls out a vibro sword. "I always wanted to shoot a boom gun. I'll take yours." The sword impacts right above the right shoulder joint and and rotates around separating the arm and the boom gun from the rest of the suit. The damage is rather extensive to the arm itself and Beretta is going into shock. (O.C.C. 45 total damage. Shaken w/3 wounds. Make vigor rolls.)

Conrad sees that things are going badly for Baretta and tries to get the murder-wraith away from his victim by shooting underneath him. The Murder Wraith jumps over Beretta with ease and lands behind her. Conrad sees that not only is this creature tough to kill, but strong and nimble to boot. Not something you would expect from a zombie.

Tarin turns around just in time to see the rift closing. In an effort to save any last minute people Tarin puts his energy into keeping the rift open. He reads the fingerprints of the rift and realizes that this is not the original rift that he opened up. As a matter of fact, whatever happened at the battle outside the pyramid a time spell must have been used and caused a feed back along the ley line into his rift. While the actual time difference isn't that big, there is no telling what has happened between then and now.

Adryn lands in the middle of a battle and the boom gun caused confusion. Adryn crawls to take cover and sees a rift being held open by someone he is not familiar with at all.

Johnny makes the targeting correction and sees the Murder Wraith on the back of other Glitter Boy. The shot will not get any better. Johnny takes the shot hoping that the Murder Wraith will provide enough cover. The Boom Gun fires another round across the MIssissippi river and lands squarely at Barettas position.

Cid falls forwards, life support alarms blaring, the suit has been breached and compromised, the boom gun inop. Those close enough sees the remains of the Murder Wraith stuck to the recoil blow back system. Johnny gets a confirmed hit indicator. The minions have run away. Narona sees the Murder Wraith become invicerated by the shot and pieces of him all over Cid. Narona and everyone else is able to take a breath and see what can be done for Baretta, and who these new people, and where is the fearless leader?

Adaryn pops out of his hiding area and shoots across the river towards the location of the Murder Wraith. The shots fly way over the carnage and those not engaged in holding rifts open, stand there looking at Adaryn.

User avatar
Beretta Le Rouge
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Beretta Le Rouge » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:18 pm

Notice 1d8 = 8: 8 (Whohoo, I aced that bitch!)
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

A veritable tragedy of errors seems to spite Beretta's best efforts in the wake of this tactical catastrophe, the minute fractals of time falling in synchronicity. . . each resonance compounding geometrically in length, as though the delicate passage of time was deliquescing into a viscid muck.

Her radioed lamentation had only just escaped her lips when the horrendous shock of energized mega-steel lacerated Cid's glittering armor. The pain was subdued thankfully, as the tremendous force overloaded Beretta's taxed nervous system -- it only registered as a slight pressure.

A blur of motion, followed by the cacophony of hyper-sonic ordinance, sank Beretta's heart. . . time petrified, and in that brief eternity her spirit recounted every failing and moment of weakness.

How can it end. . . like this?

It didn't take but a moment for the molten hail to impact. . . only offering enough time for one final utterance over the comm.

No. . .

The lone syllable wrought with unadulterated terror, like that of a child in protest of dismal news.

Incapacitation (Nothing to lose, Bennie Re-roll [2 Bennies remaining])
Vigor 1d8-3 = 1: 4
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4

Incapacitaion Re-roll
Vigor 1d8-3 = 3: 6
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Failed: Permanent Injury & Bleeding-Out

Permanent Injury 2d6 = 7: 1, 6 (Rolling just in case, but realistically, since Cid's arm got torn off, it probably makes the most sense for Beretta's arm to be obliterated - as it would have been totally unprotected from the boom flechettes.)

Guts 1d6 = 2: 2 Broken: Reduce Agility by a die type.

Beretta lies dazed, no thought in particular running through her addled mind as the remnants of her vitae slowly seep out. . . although delusional, she thinks she can hear an angelic chorus echoing through a bright tunnel.

If spoken to, Beretta can only manage to croak incoherently. . . but would probably tell you getting boomed fucking hurts. :P
Beretta Le Rouge
GB stats: Pace 10 (swim 6); Parry 6; Toughness 30 (18); Bennies - 2
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Pistol; Range: 18/36/72; Damage: 2d6+1; RoF: 2; AP: 2; Shots: 22/24; Notes: Semi-Auto, 3RB, +1 to Shooting rolls.

User avatar
Tarin
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Tarin » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:37 pm

Tarin grasps the rifts energies, feeling them flowing through him. That was a feeling that never grew old, the eternal rush of controlling a literal river of magic formed into a whirlpool. He forced his mind to clear it's self though, to coldly analyze those energies and that analysis told him, he had no way back. Time had literally ran-out on him and he must turn his back, once-again, on his old life...

He glanced back, seeing a glitter boy in a bad-way to some sort of zombified juicer... there was another Glitter-Boy nearby. The Quebecois were not known for their love of magic users... this could be a touchy situation.

Tarin made a decision. His hands moved, trailing bands of magic sigils in a timeless circular pattern and infused the rift with new features. In the process he barred it off from anything else coming through, or himself leaving for that matter. But a rift altered in such a way had it's uses....

(Altering the details of the rift into a partial rift - spell craft roll)
1d8+4 = 11: 7
1d6+4 = 5: 1

Tarin Vinders
True Atlantean Shifter
Bennies: 3
PPE: 14/15


User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Deezy Klatta » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:06 am

"Hang in there, Beretta! I'm not too far out!"

As Deezy rocketed towards the stricken Glitterboy, she selected a few components from her many, many pouches and slapped them together while barely even looking at them. The device that took shape wouldn't be a lot of fun, but it could possibly save Beretta's life...if she could get there in time!

(DZ keeps flyin' max speed, and Arcane Machinists a Heal power!)
Improvise Healing gadget: 1d10o10 6 1d6o6 5
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Conrad » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:13 am

notice 1d6 = 4: 4
wild dice 1d6 = 4: 4
Conrad hurled himself to the ground, narrowly avoiding the effect of the boom gun. Even so, his legs found themselves with a coating of blood, followed by a few mechanical pieces and his ears were ringing from the explosion.
He felt Cid hitting the dock rather than saw it, causing the structure to sway slightly and he instinctively grabbed the edge to steady himself and not be knocked into the water.
“Beretta!” Conrad screamed, not caring that the radio was active and probably causing the people on the channel to wince. He clambered to his feet and rushed over to the fallen Glitter Boy, heart in his mouth, fearing for her life. First Jesse and now Beretta!
Battle hardened instincts kicked in and he swept the area to make sure nothing else was about to attack them before crouching beside the fallen Glitter Boy.
“I really hope that somebody has some medical training or something, because Berreta is down.”
He didn’t really know what he was doing, but he looked for signs of life, fumbling into his survival pack for a first aid kit and applying a few pieces haphazardly whilst trying to read the instructions, whilst trying to ascertain whether she was alive.
“Hey chummer,” he shouted at Tarin, “Whose side are you on?”


Untrained healing roll
1d4-1 = 1: 2
wild dice
1d6-1 = 2: 3
benny for extra effort
1d6 = 2: 2

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Norona » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:33 pm

Notice: 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild: 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace: 1d6 = 2: 2
Total: 8

Norona watches the carnage, his mystical vision giving him a front row seat to the scene on the other side of the river. As the dust settles from the Boom Gun assault he scans the area one more time before shouldering his rifle and moving with some haste. Noticing someone has arrived through a rift and another by helicopter the scout is wary but cautiously optimistic that they are reinforcements. Before he has a chance to greet them, however, Conrad's voice floods the radio.

To be wounded is a fate worse than death.

Suddenly Norona is, again, awash with the feelings of helplessness that have plagued him since the others crossed the river. He was unable to help his comrades in the skirmish and now he could offer no comfort for the wounded. In moments like these the half-elf is starkly reminded that this world is not his home. Its strange terrors and propensity to violence go beyond the natural order of things. Here even the fittest did not always survive.

Pushing down his feelings of inadequacy, Norona welcomes Aderyn and Tarin.

"If you seek entry to Wickliffe, then I must offer fair warning. Some unknown force has seized the ferry, and perhaps the town. We have a team on the other side and must attend to them. If either of you have any medical knowledge and supplies we would be happy to trade for them. It is too bad the flying machine has departed we could have used the mobility to get to our wounded on the other side." Nodding to Tarin, Norona smiles, "Perhaps your portal can speed us across?"

Regrouping at the ATVs Norona shakes his head and calls Conrad on the radio, "Rabbit Foot and Kesslan have withdrawn, and two newcomers have joined us here. Send the ferry and we will assist in aiding you and Beretta. Perhaps this town has a medical centre."
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Tarin
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Tarin » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:54 pm

Tarin tilts his head as his radio chatters. He taps the mic to reply. "Hey folks. Newcomer here. Don't have any medical equipment for your friend. Recon you folks saw me do a little mojo on the rift I just came in-on. So if you all aren't friendly against magic-types, I'll pleasantly be on my way. Beyond that I'm definitely anti-undead, so if you need a mystic eye to watch for more walking corpses while you tend to your friend, I'd be happy to oblige."

Tarin Vinders
True Atlantean Shifter
Bennies: 3
PPE: 14/15


User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Norona » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:52 pm

((rolls held))
Tarin wrote:Tarin tilts his head as his radio chatters. He taps the mic to reply. "Hey folks. Newcomer here. Don't have any medical equipment for your friend. Recon you folks saw me do a little mojo on the rift I just came in-on. So if you all aren't friendly against magic-types, I'll pleasantly be on my way. Beyond that I'm definitely anti-undead, so if you need a mystic eye to watch for more walking corpses while you tend to your friend, I'd be happy to oblige."
Continuing the conversation, Norona replies, "We are certainly not against magic. The Tomorrow Legion welcomes all. And given the gravity of our situation, we will take all the help we can get. If there are more undead lurking about, magic may be our only tool against them. I see you can manipulate portals, perhaps you can expedite our crossing?"
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Tarin
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Tarin » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:29 pm

Tarin winces at the request. Should he mention that this particular Rift did an unexpected temporal-hop? He's pretty sure that was spell backlash from the fight going-on... but still. He taps the mic. "I wouldn't normally want to risk-it, but since your friend's life is at-stake..."

He drops the mic as his hands start twisting as mystic sigils etch the air in luminescent contrails of PPE... Rifts usually only want to open on Nexus points but there is a cheat when a Rift is already a Space/Time rift. Because when dealing with Space/Time everything is in constant motion he might be able to tap into a moment where the nexus point was tied to a time in the same point in space... but brought up to the present. It's a bit like reaching through the fabric of the universe to pass-the salt...


(Might be spending Bennies. Reverting the rift back to a Space/Time Rift and then calling it to open on the river. Rift is -4 for not being easy, plus any additional difficulty GM wants to impose for difficult stunt. Being a Shifter grants +4 though.)

1d8 = 6: 6
1d6 = 2: 2

Tarin Vinders
True Atlantean Shifter
Bennies: 3
PPE: 14/15


User avatar
Tarin
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Tarin » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:30 pm

(Bennie re-roll)

1d8 = 1: 1
1d6 = 5: 5

Tarin Vinders
True Atlantean Shifter
Bennies: 3
PPE: 14/15


User avatar
Aderyn
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Aderyn » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:18 am

Finally saying something after looking at what was left of the team "I have some first aid kit for her if some has medical expertise?" Aderyn begins to walk toward the group "I just got assigned here as..." Trying to remember the name "Wolf guy, was leaving" Aderyn puts the survival pack down to dig out from within the first aid kit "I'm Aderyn, pleased to meet you all. Now what's the plan?"

User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Conrad » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:05 pm

"I need somebody to tend to Beretta while I bring the ferry across. I am not leaving her alone."

User avatar
Johnny Whateley
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Johnny Whateley » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:09 pm

Conrad wrote:"I need somebody to tend to Beretta while I bring the ferry across. I am not leaving her alone."
"I-I-I'll head that way," Schoolboy responds over the comms. "It might take me a few moments. I'll be there."

Schoolboy retracts the GB stabilizer supports for the armor splashing mud and water about as he heads toward the Boom Gun's blast site. When he arrives, he looks for Beretta and Conrad.
OOC:
Character Sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=146

TOTAL BENNIES: 3
Quarterly Card: Revelation: "Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc."


Power Points/PPE: 10 (of 10)

Schoolboy's "Greatest Covers":
* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

EP: 1
Played by: Martin Coulter

User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Conrad » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:05 am

"Can I point out that the rift is up in the frakking air so unless we want to give me even more work to do. " Conrad shook his head. Curious about the damage, he took a look at Cid whilst trying to staunch Beretta's wounds.

1d10+2 = 10: 8
1d6+2 = 3: 1

User avatar
Capt. Murdok
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Capt. Murdok » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:14 pm

Baretta, in shock of the impact and the pain from the flechettes skinning her arm bare is only able to uter a very quiet and subdued no over the radio. The pain is non-existent, Baretta vision narrows to a tunnel of the docks, until she passes out from the shock of her arm being eviscerated by a chain sword and a boom gun round.

Conrad gets up from the ground after CID falls down. The team has a good idea of what happen as they hear over the radio Conrad yelling for Baretta. His fear is noticeable over the radio. There has been no sign of Jesse, Baretta is injured badly, no word from fearless leader about anything since this whole thing started. The team is falling apart around him right now. Conrad is worried about Baretta, but he also knows he is no good dead as well. Conrad does a sweep of the area, to his pleasant surprise, no one is around. With speed, efficiency and experience, Conrad kneels next to Baretta to ensure she is still alive. While alive at the moment, she is bleeding badly. “I really hope that somebody has some medical training or something, because Berreta is down.” Conrad digs in his bag for a med kit to apply first aid. With his adrenaline pumping it's impossible to get the bleeding to stop. Conrad takes his frustration out on the only thing he is able to at this time. “Hey chummer, Whose side are you on?”

Dezzy flies the rest of the way to the other side of the river and lands next to Baretta. Dezzy had put together a device to give Baretta a chance of surviving.

Narona stands on the river bank, feeling helpless, Narona makes one last scan to ensure there are no other opponents. Knowing that even the strong won't necessarily survive, Narona does what he can to help the team. Walking to the ATV, Narona sees two new individuals behind the team, Rabbits Foot and
Kesslan are not here and the helicopter is moving away. Narona looks at the newcomers while he is looking for a map. "If you seek entry to Wickliffe, then I must offer fair warning. Some unknown force has seized the ferry, and perhaps the town. We have a team on the other side and must attend to them. If either of you have any medical knowledge and supplies we would be happy to trade for them. It is too bad the flying machine has departed we could have used the mobility to get to our wounded on the other side." Nodding to Tarin, Norona smiles, "Perhaps your portal can speed us across?"
. Tarin sees this as a good sign that they are good people. With a Glitter Boy on their side, not many people would attack this group. However if it was something they had problems with, it has to be formidable. "Don't have any medical equipment for your friend. Recon you folks saw me do a little mojo on the rift I just came in-on. I'd be happy to oblige." Tarin returns to his rift and through the ritual he works his magic to create a rift on the other side of the river for Conrad, Baretta and Dezzy to cross the river. While holding the rift open, Tarins curiosity and desire to know
who he's working with is saturated when Norona explains the Tomorrow Legion and the current Murder Wraith situation.

Aderyn looking loss for words, and unsure of his actions brings Norona up to speed about Kesslan. In an effort to show that he is apart of the team, Aderyn clears a spot for anyone to help Baretta to work as well as pull out some supplies.

Conrad calls for help with baretta to get her into the rift Johnny knows that the armor is very heavy to move, even for the fittest person. The pylons are retracted and Johnny enters the rift to arrive half a mile away on the other side of the river immediately after. Johnny picks up the bulk of CID, Dezzy picks up the right arm and Conrad supports the injured arm through the rift. The team gently takes Baretta out of the armor, Norona starts chanting a ritual while Dizzy works the device she created. Tarin gently closes the rift so nothing else will happen, Johnny moves CID away from everything so repair work can be performed, and Aderyn stands watch with binoculars to watch for any more people who might be able to inflict damage on the team.

(OOC: You are out of combat, Dezzy: roll for healing, Norona: Roll your magic.)

User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Deezy Klatta » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:36 pm

Deezy's rocket boots give out just as she gets over the pier on the other side of the river, dropping her unceremoniously onto her feet into a dead sprint for the shattered robot. She drops to her knees beside the spot where Beretta has been carefully extracted and holds a device that looks kind of like a brass spider the size of two hands held together with fingers fully outstretched up. The 'legs' or 'fingers' or whatever they are click and whirr and and she places it over Beretta's horribly wounded side.

The machine begins to work, but the damage is severe, and there's only so much it can do, so fast...

Healing: 1D10.OPEN(10) = [3] = 3
1D6.OPEN(6) = [4] = 4

Benny!

Heal benny: 1D10.OPEN(10) = [5] = 5
1D6.OPEN(6) = [5] = 5


(OOC - Well...crap. I'll try again next round, I guess. Dice are being INCREDIBLY mean right now)
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Norona » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Notice 1d8 = 8: 8
Ace: 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild: 1d6 = 3: 3
Total: 9

As the team comes back together, Norona turns his attention to his injured comrade. Seeing the severity of it the half-elf longs forlorn. The injured arm appears to be barely hanging on. Such devastation would not be patched up with mundane bandaged or even normal healing magics.

"These injuries are terrible, treating them are beyond my capacities." Norona looks pensively for a moment, "But I may know someone who can help us."

Sitting over Beretta Norona begins a slow chant, a knotted tattoo on his body glows blue, then he seems to look far away.

Summon Ally: Unicorn
Spellcasting: 1d8 = 6: 6
Wild: 1d6 = 4: 4
Success
-7 PPE to summon Legendary level creature

Suddenly, instead of emptiness a shimmering form fills the area where Norona is staring. A pure white horse with a horn growing from its head. Upon seeing the creature Norona stands and greets it respectfully, then points to Beretta. "Forgive the intrusion friend, but this poor woman has been gravely injured by the forces of darkness. Healing her may require you to stay here of your own free will, beyond the compulsion of my magic. She is at your mercy."

Placing his forehead against the unicorn's, Norona looks into its mind trying to hear a response. A brief moment of understanding passes between the half-elf and his newly summoned ally. Norona nods respectfully then nuzzles the creature before stepping out of the way. The unicorn gently trots to Beretta's fallen body, bends low, and touches her with its horn. A soft white glow engulfs her body, wrapping her in light. The nearly severed limb slowly begins to reattach and other wounds begin to close over, even old injuries from old battles. The touch is all that is needed, but no one just bounces back from damage like that. The glow remains for hours, dancing over Beretta's body knitting her arm back to her body all the while sustaining and refreshing her and eliminating any pain.

With the magic at work the unicorn simply walks away from Beretta and begins once again to shimmer out of existence. As the creature disappears, Norona's tattoo ceases to shine, and the half-elf looks on wearily but happily. He would need time to recover from such a powerful summoning.

"Thank you, friend," he whispers.

At last I have done something useful
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Tarin
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Tarin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:36 pm

Tarin is the last to leap through the rift to join the rest of this "tomorrow legion". He's never heard of such a group before and hopes that doesn't mean he's too far out-of time. He lets the rift linger a bit as he assesses this team wishing he knew more to help with healing. His awkwardness doesn't last as the elf nearby uses a curious form of tattoo magic to summon a mythical beast. Fascinated he steps toward the animal, but stops himself knowing the summoning is not his own and approaching could be dangerous.

He then turns to Norona, waiting patiently as he communes with the Unicorn his thanks, then says in flawless Elven. "Pardon my intrusion friend-Sylvan. I am Tarin Vinders, Vinder-Clan Atlantean. Would it offend if I introduced myself to your ally? I've not had occasion to run with a Unicorn, but it would be an experience I would cherish deeply."

Tarin Vinders
True Atlantean Shifter
Bennies: 3
PPE: 14/15


User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Norona » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:41 pm

((rolls held))

Looking at the Atlantean, Norona raises an eyebrow but simply shrugs, "Well met, Tarin. However, the choice is hers alone. She is freed from my command and is acting from her own goodness."
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Deezy Klatta » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:08 pm

"That is SO COOL!" Deezy exults on seeing the mythical beast. "You HAVE to show me how you DO that!"

She then gives Tarin a nod and a sort-of salute. "Tarin! I bet that was your Rift, right? Hah! Next time warn us! I had to make a quick decision about whether or not to shoot a tactical device down that thing before something awful came out! Glad I didn't though. I'm Deezy, by the way! Oh hey, you should have...one of these..."

The smallish redhead produced a square piece of cardstock with a hand-drawn logo stating: KLATTATECH HEAVY INDUSTRIES CAN HELP, along with some other stuff that was hard to read because it was all smudged and written too small.

After a few minutes, she goes around with her weird mecha-spider-thing, seeing if anyone else needs medical help. When no one does, she tucks it away with a sigh and goes to start checking out the damage to Cid.

As neat as unicorns were, she couldn't just sit and watch it glow for more than a few minutes.
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Tarin
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Tarin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:15 pm

Vinders actually hops a little bit at the excitement of Norona's assent. His formal facade shatters, but he continues to speak Elven like a native, though the accent seems odd... "It's cool? THANKS! I totally owe ya!" He turns to Deezy "I will catch up in just a second."

And then he's off towards the unicorn. He nearly rushes the thing, but stops respectufully five yards back. He then speaks softly in a chiming language that sounds like small bells and musical whistles. He introduces himself in Faerie-speak and asks to approach.

Tarin Vinders
True Atlantean Shifter
Bennies: 3
PPE: 14/15


User avatar
Aderyn
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Aderyn » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:53 pm

Aderyn's eyes widen at the sight of the unicorn and slowly shakes his head and moves away from Beretta at the same pace it gets closer You have seen dragons and men throw fireballs the size of an APC and creatures that blink out of exístanse to appear elsewhere, but this is the first time I have seen a beautiful and yet peaceful creature the ginger lady was very jovial and seemed to be fun, probably a bit hyperactive "Never heard of Klattatech, they do medical stuff?" Aderyn was looking for some conversation while they waited on the glowing unicorn to do his thing, and Aderyn kept a healthy distance from the glowing aura, he didn't need any healing, and it's a creature that can impale me if it doesn't like me.

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Norona » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:26 pm

As the healing magic takes its effect on Beretta Norona turns his attention to the matter at hand.

"We must determine the nature of the threat to this town. Mister Tarin, would you be able to portal a small party across. Perhaps myself and my companion Zoffa?" Norona looks to the Atlantean with an expectant gave.

"Once we are across we can get a count of the enemy to help determine a plan of attack or even find aid for the endeavour. While we scout some can protect Beretta while the rest of the group secures the ferry and establishes a firm grip on the opposite bank."

Looking to each person in turn, the elf nods: "Is it agreed then?"
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Deezy Klatta » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:33 pm

Deezy laughs at Aderyn's question, though it's muffled from her being waist-deep in the wreckage of Cid's ruined side. She pops out a second later and throws a double-handful of slagged metal and composites out onto the ground.

"No! It's Klattatech Heavy Industries! We...I mean me, I...we make machines and stuff!"

She drops off the glitterboy's hulk. "We have all kinds of modern technology, but it still uses stone-age power sources! Nuclear and solar and...sometimes even combustion! So I'm all about providing modern tech with TODAY'S power source of choice!"

The tech-wizard pauses as Norona speaks, and loses track of her sales pitch in the process.

"Across where? We're on the right side of the river now, aren't we?"
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Conrad » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:46 am

Conrad helped Beretta and Cid through the portal, but stopped before going through himself.
“Sorry, that gives me the heebie jeebies chummers. I’ll get the ferry.” Give me technology and something I can grab anyday he thought. Scooping up a few items from what remained of the mercs and juicers after Beretta had gotten through with them, he head back along the dock, scanning the area as he went before jumping on the ferry.

He dumped the items on the floor in a corner and started the engine, feeling the reassuring vibration of an engine. Manoeuvring the ferry across the river, he was confronted with the sight of a unicorn healing Beretta. Which one of the squad pulled that one out of their butt he wondered.

“So Chummers, which one of you is the virgin?” he said with a toothy grin, gesturing at the presence of the unicorn, heartened by Beretta receiving some form of healing before returning to a serious countenance.

“Let’s get across the river quickly. I doubt we took care of everything over there and an entire town of folk does not just disappear. There may be survivors we need to rescue.”
With that, he nodded a greeting at each of the new arrivals, before turning and climbing into his ATV and driving it on to the ferry, leaving space for the other ATV and Glitter Boys.


"Norona, I agree with the plan, let me get us set up over there."
Ooc
Presuming the rift is near where the Juicers and Mercs met their fate. He will grab a few quick pieces to divvy up with the team, such as weapons and grenades. Basically items that are quick and easy to grab.
The armour does have an extendable arm to help carry stuff and his tail can grab stuff too.
Just tweaking his actions slightly so that we don’t forget the ferry

Deezy, we used the rift to back over to heal Berreta

User avatar
Aderyn
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Aderyn » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:25 am

Aderyn nods in agreement with the plan, even if he is a capable scout he will sit this one out until he knows more of the team and finally at least someone came with a sensible plan "What is the actual mission here? What is the actual big plan we need to accomplish?" Aderyn still feeling somewhat out of the loop, but with an injured teammate and as a new arrival it was to be expected and only natural, after all all they have seen of him is nothing really other than that he does not enjoy magic like Conrad probably does.

"I can keep guard around Beretta or patrol the perimeter while we wait, I don't wish to be caught unaware while we wait for the scouting party"

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Norona » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:16 pm

((rolls held))

Norona looks serenely at Aderyn when he inquires about their mission, "I am surprised the Legion went to such great lengths to get you here but did not brief you on the mission. This town is but a way point on our journey, we must pass through it to get where we are going. However, even if we could circumvent it they appear to be in distress and deserve our help if required."

At the suggestion, "Establishing a perimeter is an excellent suggestion. You may also join Tarin and I in our investigations, having someone else would compliment our own abilities."
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Johnny Whateley
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Johnny Whateley » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:56 pm

After the introductions are made, Schoolboy leans against his GB armor, glancing uncomfortably at Beretta as the discussion continues for the next step of their mission. His attention shifts when someone suggests splitting up the party to scout and watch over Beretta's recovery.
"Whoa. That mightn't be a good idea," Schoolboy protests. "If I understand things right, splittin' up didn't go too well that last time. My own contributions to makin' things worse for Beretta not withstandin'. What was run into...a Murder Wraith and some juicers? That be pretty rough for us at full strength, let alone now. We really need to talk whether that was a patrol, scouts or some folks on a mission of their own. No matter how that looks, I guarantee splittin' up might not be a good idea with someone that can send out a group like that we just run into."
OOC:
Character Sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=146

TOTAL BENNIES: 3
Quarterly Card: Revelation: "Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc."


Power Points/PPE: 10 (of 10)

Schoolboy's "Greatest Covers":
* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

EP: 1
Played by: Martin Coulter

User avatar
Beretta Le Rouge
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Beretta Le Rouge » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:43 pm

Notice 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1

. . . I can't be the last in line. . .

Beretta's mind wanders, delirious from shock, revisiting a surreal panorama of past tribulations. Her reservations taking up the mantle of a Glitterboy Pilot, and the difficulties and inadequacies she faced since that moment. In between these visions, brief flashes of the present implant themselves sporadically, her compatriots helping carry her to safety, the cool of the night air. . .

On the verge of giving up, Beretta feels comforted suddenly. . . as if the night air had calmed. For a brief moment, time froze; everything was fair-weather, and the soft comforts of a carefree childhood had dusted the proverbial attic free of schmutz and darkness.

Still quite "out-of-the-moment", Beretta's eye's widen at the pristine white equine walking calmly towards her, and even through the pain she manages to smile. Before the last remnants of adrenaline can no longer force a broken consciousness.

Hey, pa. . . it's a unicorn. . . I knew they were real. . .

After a prolonged, three-hour stent of blissful unconsciousness. Beretta will slowly regain her wits, exhausted, but eye's open. A tear wells up in the corner of her right eye and she frowns a bit, before laughing.

"I swear I just saw my late pa. . ."

Rubbing her tattered jumpsuit sleeve against the tear, she suddenly realizes how much dried gore was staining her once pristine uniform.

"Uh! What in the hell?! Is it just me or does it look like I lost an arm!?" Now gravely confused, Beretta fits a hand through the gaping tear in her pilot's smock with a dumbstruck look.
Beretta Le Rouge
GB stats: Pace 10 (swim 6); Parry 6; Toughness 30 (18); Bennies - 2
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Pistol; Range: 18/36/72; Damage: 2d6+1; RoF: 2; AP: 2; Shots: 22/24; Notes: Semi-Auto, 3RB, +1 to Shooting rolls.

User avatar
Capt. Murdok
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Capt. Murdok » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:44 pm

The rift closes behind all the party members as they work on baretta to save her life. Deezy activates her device. It pops, humms, and glows as it brings baretta from the brink of death and stops the bleeding. The magic stops the bleeding in the arm, and baretta settles down into a more normal and calm breathing pattern. Everyone around can start to feel hope now that Baretta is out of the woods, she just might need some more recuperation right, but she will live.

Knowing that he can do more, Norona sits and meditates. One of Norona's tattoos starts to glow, the tattoo of a Unity knot, a tattoo representing friendships. The tattoo glows with a soft white aura and next to Norona, a horse materializes from the hoofs up. The first thing that the party notices is are the legs. The legs are strong and white, 4 legs materialize. The party can see that whatever is forming, it looks like a horse. The body forms layer, by layer. The hair still white as snow, the tail flowing like a gentle snow fall, the mane flows with a gust of wind that is coming out of nowhere. The head forms and the party is wondering just how can a horse be useful right now? The spell isn't completed and the party is dumbfounded when they see the spell continues up and a horn of Ivory is formed. The party is awashed with peace and tranquility as the Unicorn fully materializes and approaches Norona. Norona and the Unicorn has a brief discussion the Unicorn approaches Berretta and gently touches her with the horn. There is a gentle glow around the arm and the healing is visible. For the next 3 hours the Unicorn stands there with the horn touching Baretta's arm, the arm healing up stitching itself up with magic.

Tarin impressed with the Unicorn is able to gather the courage to approach the Unicorn approaches Norona out of respect. The two have a brief discussion and the two start to develop respect for each other that can lead to friendship.

Conrad arrives on the west side of the river with the ferry. Upon seeing the Unicorn, Conrad makes a remark about someone being a Virgin, unfortunately, it appears to fall on deaf ears. Conrad is happy to see Baretta is getting healing for her arm.

Deezy squeals in excitement at seeing the Unicorn, and quickly changes subjects as she is known to do. Deezy approaches Tarin and introduces herself, and gives him one of her trade mark business cards. Deezy walks around to ensure that everyone is okay and doesn't need any more help. Once Deezy is satisfied and slightly disappointed she returns to CID to see if she is able to provide make any improvements and repair.

When the Unicorn is done, it raises its head and walks towards Norona. With a brief whisper from Norona, the Unicorn walks away. Tarin approaches the Unicorn and speaks to it in a language that it can understand. To most people it sounds like random noises and clicks. The Unicorn stops and approaches Tarin allowing him to speak with the Unicorn. After the discussion, the Unicorn walks towards the east and fades out of existence.

Once the healing is done, Norona suggests sending a scout party across the river. Deezy is trying to make the sale to the new person and hears the suggestion to go across the river and has a confused look. "We're on the right side now, aren't we?" Conrad assures Deezy that they are on the west coast of the river.

The team starts to make a plan for a scout team to properly investigate and possibly rescue the town. There are various ideas on how to approach the rest of the night. It would appear that each of the team member gets ready to board the ferry to find the source of all of these problems.

During the discussion Baretta comes around from the healing and wipes a tear away after remembering her pa. She gets up wipes off her outfit and sees the hols in her right arm, with a slight dumbfounded look on her face.

(OOC: It has been about 4 hours since the last battle, You guys have been traveling all day. The strain of the day is starting to affect you. For those who use Magic, you have been able to regenerate 4 hours worth of PPE.)

User avatar
Aderyn
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Aderyn » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:22 am

At least we know who the virgin is Aderyn chuckles to himself for a moment "Well, what are the guard shifts and I suggest 2 men per shift, and can we come up with a game plan other than scout and move, obviously something went... am... wrong before I got here so we best be better organized this time" looking at their newly elected leader that has come back to the living. She still looked pretty banged up, but had seen worse people continue to fight and carry on.

User avatar
Tarin
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Tarin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:45 am

As the group gets down to brass tacks. Tarin introduces himself to the group properly. He speaks with an odd mix of formal and flowery prose and Magic-Zone street slang and is very open and direct. It's hard to imagine him not being honest even though his story is almost unbelievable. He explains that he was an operative in the Tolkeen defence force and was in the process of evacuating refugees until they were ambushed and one of his cohort mages unleashed a temporal spell which altered the Rift he had summoned. Tarin believes that he has been shuttled forward in-time but is unsure how "far". He is, however heartened that Glitter-boy pilots are on good terms with magic users these days and thanks the Tomorrow Legion for their kindness towards him. In return he'll offer his aide in whatever means he can. He greets everyone warmly and then listens to the discussion about what business the Legion has at this town and what the plan is.

(OOC: Tarin answers any questions the group might have, and I'll get brought up to speed on the mission in the group chat.)

Tarin Vinders
True Atlantean Shifter
Bennies: 3
PPE: 14/15


User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Conrad » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:48 am

Tarin’s comments got Conrad’s attention
“You fought at Tolkeen? What unit Chummer?” he asked interested in meeting a fellow Tolkeen veteran, “I was part of the northern defense corp.”

“If you are going with the scouting party and Beretta is in no state, then that leaves Deezy, Johnny and I, which two doesn’t go into very well. Johnny, you keep watch initially, I could do with a kip before taking a look at Cid and getting the arm reattached.”

“Deezy, if it gets round to your turn, then use the sensors on the ole girl here,” he banged on the side of his ATV, “much safer than being outside if there is another one of those things around..” Conrad was trying to sound like he was being practical, but in reality, he was feeling protective. They’d almost lost Berretta and the idea of losing another Klatta made his stomach turn in knots. He was going to protect Deezy no matter what …

“Whilst you guys are out there, it would be worth collecting up the weapons off the dead guys. There might be something useful we can use there and keep an eye out for any repair facilities. I’ve got a load of tools in the ole gal, but a full workshop would be useful.”


“Welcome back to the land of the conscious kiddo,” Conrad gave her a big smile, happy to see her up and about, “don’t try to do much."

User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Deezy Klatta » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:51 pm

Deezy glanced at the ATV and shrugged.

"I'll probably be pretty busy fixing Beretta's glitterboy!" she informs Conrad. "Besides, at ground level I'll probably have more luck with TIAMAT and the good Mark One Eyeball than the periscope on that thing! Limited field of view! What you really NEED is some kind of phased optics array? And maybe a VR interface or something so it can project full-world sensorium. You know, that wouldn't be too hard to do if I could get someone to write the software..."

She trails off for a second, then realizes there'd been a conversation in progress and snaps a salute...with the wrong hand.

"Anyway! I'll get Beretta's suit working again! It'll be a pretty rough patch job on the right side until we can get access to real GB armor material of course, but we'll MAKE DO! That is the Klattatech GUARANTEE!"
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Norona » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:01 pm

After expending so much mystical energy Norona welcomes the lull in the action, taking time to meditate and recover his reserves. Chances are they would need more magic power to defeat other undead wariorrs they may encounter. Ever the scholar, he takes time to reflect on the creature: it's characteristics, likeness, habits, weaknesses and strengths. It was like nothing he has seen so far in his travel. But if one this is certain, this world was filled with endless possibilities.

Once the group prepares for the crossing Norona and Zoffa hop aboard the ferry. Alert to movement on the other side the half-elf waits until they are docked then lightly jumps down to secure any lines while his wolf companion sniffs the air and ground for any threats. When the ferry is secured Norona moves to the scene of the fight looking. After so many hours the trail has likely gone cold but nonetheless he looks for clues and tries to retrace the evil ones steps to find out where it came from.

Tracking 1d8+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace: 1d6 = 1: 1
Total: 6+1+2=9 (regular success with a Raise)

Notice (Norona) 1d8 = 7: 7 (Success)
Wild: 1d6 = 4: 4

Notice (Zoffa) 1d6 = 2: 2
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Johnny Whateley
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Johnny Whateley » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:15 pm

Conrad wrote: “If you are going with the scouting party and Beretta is in no state, then that leaves Deezy, Johnny and I, which two doesn’t go into very well. Johnny, you keep watch initially, I could do with a kip before taking a look at Cid and getting the arm reattached.”[/b]
“Deezy, if it gets round to your turn, then use the sensors on the ole girl here,” he banged on the side of his ATV, “much safer than being outside if there is another one of those things around..” Conrad was trying to sound like he was being practical, but in reality, he was feeling protective. They’d almost lost Berretta and the idea of losing another Klatta made his stomach turn in knots. He was going to protect Deezy no matter what …

“Whilst you guys are out there, it would be worth collecting up the weapons off the dead guys. There might be something useful we can use there and keep an eye out for any repair facilities. I’ve got a load of tools in the ole gal, but a full workshop would be useful.”


“Welcome back to the land of the conscious kiddo,” Conrad gave her a big smile, happy to see her up and about, “don’t try to do much."
Johnny nods at Conrad. "I'm on it." He climbs back into the pit of his GB and seals everything up and begins to walk the perimeter of the site.
OOC:
Character Sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=146

TOTAL BENNIES: 3
Quarterly Card: Revelation: "Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc."


Power Points/PPE: 10 (of 10)

Schoolboy's "Greatest Covers":
* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

EP: 1
Played by: Martin Coulter

User avatar
Aderyn
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Aderyn » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:24 pm

Aderyn is interested in the conversation about Tolkeen "The Tolkeen, that was an interesting time and the actual siege was impressive" trying to select good memories from the whole ordeal "I had some 'fun' times dealing with D-Bee's and Brodkils, and dodge a couple of fireballs and dragon fire. It's all fun and games until you get burnt to ashes" Aderyn shrugs "I don't enjoy magic much. I should probably stick behind and watch the perimeter here while the other's scout"

User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Conrad » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:22 am

"Aderyn, we need to gather up supplies. I doubt they have anything that would hurt a murder wraith, but more weapons might be useful, including stuff that might be an upgrade on what the Legion gave us. Reminiscing can come later." Conrad was becoming all business as they reached the other side.

User avatar
Tarin
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Tarin » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:13 am

Conrad wrote: “You fought at Tolkeen? What unit Chummer?” he asked interested in meeting a fellow Tolkeen veteran, “I was part of the northern defense corp.”
Tarin frowns slightly. "I AM fighting. As long as there's still a war to be fought. I'm no deserter."
"What do you mean you "were" NDC? You get transferred to this Tomorrow legion since? I'm Western Army, but there's talk of transferring me to the North. I've been shuttling civ's nonstop since you guys broke your line and word is that you needed Broadkill squad mages."
He frowns again. Not liking the thought.
Last edited by Tarin on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarin Vinders
True Atlantean Shifter
Bennies: 3
PPE: 14/15


User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Deezy Klatta » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:45 am

Deezy eyes Tarin skeptically.

"Uh. You do know that...it's over, right? The siege? Tolkeen?"

She didn't really like talking about it...it was still a sore place in her head...but it seemed like this guy Tarin might have it even worse.
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Tarin
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Tarin » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:54 am

Tarin looks over at Deezy incredulously. "Over?" He asks. His voice quavering just a touch.
"What's the date?"
He digs into his small pack and pulls out a well scuffed personal comp. Opening it he turns the screen towards them. It shows his calendar with diary entry subheadings. The last entry icon shows June 7th 109 PA. The beginning of the final Siege on his former home.

Tarin Vinders
True Atlantean Shifter
Bennies: 3
PPE: 14/15


User avatar
Beretta Le Rouge
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Beretta Le Rouge » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:52 pm

Notice 1d8 = 8: 8
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Ace 1d8 = 5: 5
Total: 13 (2 Raises)

Tossing a brief nod over to Conrad's direction, at the mention of Cid, "Whew! I suppose I'm lucky all I lost was an arm. . . so to speak. . . look at that damage!"

Frankly disheartened at the sorry state of her heirloom, Beretta tries her best to sound as 'put-together' as she can possibly muster. Despite her best efforts, the weight of the ordeal does manifest some impact on her tone. "Well. . . thanks for doin' what you can, friend. I suppose I'll need to find something to make myself more useful if we have to trade ammo with whatever freak-o's are holed up here."

Hopping up on her feet, Beretta again pays notice to her horribly tattered jump-suit, playing with the dangling fabric as she makes her way over to Cid, "Lemme check if my rainy-day stash made it through that ordeal."

Rummaging through her storage compartment, Beretta will suit up in her field gear. Making sure her Wilk's is locked and loaded, she laughs at Deezy's optimism, hoping her suit gets back in working order sooner rather than later. . . whatever made that spoiled juice-box tough enough to tussle with a Glitterboy was some seriously bad ju-ju.

Nodding at Johnny's wherewithal to preemptively scout, quelling the more paranoid notions of being ambushed by those militant corpses, Beretta tries to concentrate on the tactical challenges that face the group -- she always hated urban combat.

Only rats and crooks hide behind rural folk!

Hoping there were in fact some townspeople being held for some kinda ransom, but she'd heard of weirdo's that got their kicks off of brutality during her past travels, before the Tomorrow Legion. Let's just say the sight of a walking corpse, and one that that could put a gymnast to shame no less, wasn't very motivating. . .

Incidentally, talk of the Siege seemed to had sprung up whilst she was lost in her thoughts, "Whoah, fresh from the killing fields?! I'll never understand magic. . . Listen neighbor, you might wana take a seat, there's no good news to tell about Tolkeen. . . just a bloody mess for everyone that had the misfortune to participate in that debacle."

Beretta was trying to parse her words out of genuine concern for Tarin's mental well being, considering the field wasn't the most pleasant place to be told everything you held dear was obliterated. . . and even worse, the side you happened to be on wasn't any better than the CS in the end.

She recounts, shaking her head at the ground whilst her arms are rested on her hips, "I wont be the one to give you the gritty details, I don't have the stomach to put that on you while we've got some baddies just over the proverbial river." Walking over to the unfamiliar face, Beretta sizes up the magic user, and offers a welcoming hand, "Names Beretta, Beretta 'luh' Rouge. Where yat?!" Adding on a slight addendum, "That's how we greet folks where I'm from, Where yat, as in 'how is life doin' you at the moment'."

Well, he's going to be disoriented for sure. . . Poor fella. . .


Noticing the absence of their ignoble leader, Beretta blurts out, "Where in the hell did that humpy pooch run off to?" Sporting an equally confused grin, considering the sudden deployment of half the group, Beretta adds, "Oh no, no, no! This time if we're splitting, keep the comms quiet! I'm a bit tuckered out, but I've still got fight in me. . ." Flexing a bicep Rosie-the-Riveter style, Beretta feels a pop in her freshly reattached arm. "Yowza, that's tender. . . get some good info, check in every 10 minutes, and be damned sure to get the hell out of dodge if you see anymore of those zom-bozos that did a number on Cid - we ain't got nothin' to prove here."

Sounding still pretty tired, but enthused, Beretta adds, "If you give me a bit, I'll be back in the fight. . . I just need a moment to get my bearing."
Beretta Le Rouge
GB stats: Pace 10 (swim 6); Parry 6; Toughness 30 (18); Bennies - 2
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Pistol; Range: 18/36/72; Damage: 2d6+1; RoF: 2; AP: 2; Shots: 22/24; Notes: Semi-Auto, 3RB, +1 to Shooting rolls.

User avatar
Capt. Murdok
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Capt. Murdok » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:49 pm

With the night in full swing, Aderyn makes the suggestion of camping out for the night, and having two people per shift. Conrad is concerned for Baretta's current condition and prefers to camp out first to allow her more time to heal up. Conrad lays out the watch order, and gives Deezy instructions to stay in the ATV, out of apparent concern for another Murder Wraith. Deezy scoffs at Conrads instructions, when she trails off into ideas on how to improve the ATV. Deezy snaps back to reality with the assurance of getting CID operational once again. Johnny taking his position as the one of the newest members starts to patrol the west shore.

Baretta gets up after the healing spell is completed. She hears Conrad welcoming her to the land of the living, and being pretty concerned for her well being. Once up, Baretta gets up she inspects her outfit. Once Baretta sees CID in his current state of disrepair, she starts to think of how to be useful to the team. Her voice breaks up as she thanks the team for their efforts. She does gain a smile when Deezy starts making plans on repairing CID. Johnny's recommendation makes her feel better.

Tarin introduces himself and Conrad is interested in his story. The two exchange stories and Tarin is unaware when he is. Unfortunately, this leads to harsh words of unit tactics when Deezy tries to bring Tarin to the current time. This causes Tarin to compare what his equipment shows to what time it actually is.

Hearing Tarin speak of his time in the war just confuses Baretta, as well as concern for how he will react to the news of the war. Beretta introduces herself to Tarin, and relays that he has much to learn about what happened after the war. Baretta takes a moment to reflect on how Tarin is going to react, when she realizes that the assigned leader Kesslen was no longer there. Baretta rants on about the lack of leadership, when she catches up to the discussion. Baretta makes sure that everyone knows to keep low and stay in touch. The first sign of trouble, run back to the ferry.

Narona scouts the town, while everyone else takes a rest. The town is very quiet except for the Town hall. The town hall is sounding just like a dance club in a major town of Chi-Town or NG. As Narona get closer to the sounds, Zoffa starts to prowl, giving Narona a sign that something is close by. Looking at the street, Narona sees the bandits that ran away along with two murder wraiths. It is apparent that an assault right now would be disastrous to the team. Narona wisely returns to camp an hour later to give his report.

What do you guys do?

User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Conrad » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:19 am

1d6 = 3: 3 notice
1d6 = 5: 5 wild dice

"I'm sorry Tarin," Conrad placed a reassuring hand on Tarin's shoulder, "but the war is over." His face was somber as he remembered the recent past. "Tolkeen has fallen to those bastard Coalition States, but now is not the time for that."

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Norona » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:00 am

Notice: 1d8 = 4: 4 9Wild 1d6 = 5: 5)

Waiting for the two bandits and two wraiths to move along Norona and Zoffa quietly slink back to the encampment near the ferry. When they rejoin the group the elf-scout reports what he saw.

"The two is deserted except for the town hall. It sounds as if a party is happening. I saw two more of those creatures as well as two bandits patrolling the street. A frontal assault would be ill advised."

Looking back at the town, Norona frowns, "It seems a great evil has fallen on this place. Perhaps the light of day will be our ally, darkness is surely our enemy.

Sitting and resting Norona reflects on all he has seen to try and piece together what might be happening with this town. Surely magic is at work. He thinks back to his days of studies in Lazlo, particularly the dark arts.

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d8+2 = 4: 2 (Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Aderyn
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Aderyn » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:03 pm

Notice 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5

"Darkness is a double edged sword" Aderyn pauses "We can also use it to our advantage if you can sneak around carefully to get a closer look. Of course like everything it has it's risks." Aderyn smiles leaving everything in the vehicle just grabbing his weapons and putting on tactical armor "I can try to sneak a bit closer and get a look or we can wait until day time, but we better be hiding from them, either way I think we need to know what we are up against Aderyn's memory of the murder wraith and mayhem it caused was still fresh.

User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Conrad » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:19 pm

"Will they be able to operate during the day or will they just move inside?"

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Norona » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:22 am

Conrad wrote:"Will they be able to operate during the day or will they just move inside?"
Norona shrugs, "I do not think these creatures have been seen before. However, I suspect sunlight will hamper their abilities. If they are forced into the town hall then we will at least know where they all are."

Survival, to determine monster weaknesses: 1d8+2 = 5: 3 (Wild 1d6+2 = 7: 5)

"If Aderyn wishes, we could put the building under surveillance until morning, studying our prey may help us learn more about them."
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Capt. Murdok
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Capt. Murdok » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:17 pm

The actual observation reveals the following information. There are innocents inside; Narona sees men and women (humans and D-Bees) being dragged out of the place, obviously exhausted and terribly mistreated, wearing torn up clothes that might otherwise have been nice. More are gathered up from nearby buildings (where they are being held captive in larger groups) and hauled back in. One particular person catches Narona's eye, a woman that is abnormally muscular, her clothes look out of place in this world. This woman is unconscious and is being dragged into the town hall.

Murder Wraiths are a rare creature to begin with. They are known to be created by powerful necromancers, this would explain why the glitterboy wasn't effective until the very end with the enhanced shot. These creatures are very powerful, as evident as the damage to CID. As creatures of darkness, the sunlight may not destroy them, but they are impaired.

Deezy and Conrad quickly realizes that the damage to CID is much more damaging than they imagined. Rough estimations will be several days and could cost several thousand credits.

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Norona » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:52 pm

Notice: 1d8 = 4: 4 (Wild: 1d6 = 3: 3

Spotting the woman Norona frowns slightly, she has an other worldly look to her. Like his own kind only perhaps from another realm. Nonetheless, the townsfolk needed saving. Reporting the situation at the two hall to the group Norona also give Aderyn a chance to provide his observations as well before reporting what he learned of Murder Wraiths.

"If we can be rested a day time movement may be our best option. Their more mundane guards will be outside while those sensitive to sunlight will need to remains inside or be at a disadvantage. The presence of innocents means our large guns will be very risky, this seems like an infiltration to me. Perhaps we can find an alternative entrance, or send a group through the front door while others move in from a different angle."

Looking at the group he pauses, "How best to proceed?"
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Johnny Whateley
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Johnny Whateley » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:22 pm

Johnny sits pensively at the feet of his GB armor. "Do we know how the ley lines are around the area? Are there any?" Schoolboy seems like he's feeling around a concept--trying to complete an idea. His drawl matches the pace of his thoughts. "Those monstahs--they be rare, right? Need some heavy magic to bring 'em...necromancy. I'm just wonderin': why them? why here? Has to be a big investment of some sort. I don't picture sending that type of heat just to round up some slaves."
OOC:
Character Sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=146

TOTAL BENNIES: 3
Quarterly Card: Revelation: "Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc."


Power Points/PPE: 10 (of 10)

Schoolboy's "Greatest Covers":
* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

EP: 1
Played by: Martin Coulter

User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Conrad » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:21 am

Conrad scrunched up his face, thinking back.

"I saw some fraking messed up things in Tolkeen. Maybe more of these things are being created. I mean they have a batch of normal juicers as well."

User avatar
Beretta Le Rouge
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Beretta Le Rouge » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:56 am

Notice 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

News of the marauding dead and the crypt-creeps doesn't put Beretta's mind at ease, given the tense nature of the last scuffle.

Two?! Sweet, merciful Jehoshaphat!

More concerned with the present conundrum than phantoms from the past, albeit a recent past, Beretta tries her best to concentrate on the here and now. Tolkeen was a mess, but times to reminisce are better served over a fish-fry, with a few brews to dull the more horrible aspects of the war. . .

Her face growing cold, Beretta shudders and makes sure her Wilk's is loaded once more, just as a nervous tick. "The war is long over, but the wounds are still fresh and oozing. . . and so will we if we don't figure a way to squash those necrotic baddies!"

Nodding to Norona and Aderyn, "Thank goodness y'all made it back in one piece. Great evil seems like an understatement to me, whatever spook magic can bring a juicer back like that is no joke. . . I've never seen anything that blood-curdling in my life. . ."

Looking towards the town, far beyond it, even, off into the distance of concentration, Beretta tries to ponder a pertinent course of action. "Well. . . we have to kill whatever the hell those things are will fire, and salt the damn fields. We can't let anything like that wander off ta kill wantonly, or worse yet, make unwholesome bone walkers."

Shaking her head at the realization that there's no easy way out of this proverbial gap between a rock and a hard place, she tries to assess their tactical assets. "Well, we have scouts, some magical mo-jo, and at least one partially working Glitterboy. . . I like the idea of waiting until dawn, but who knows if those things want to keep their hostages alive. . ." Shuddering at the thought of what terrible fate awaits the hostages, "Too long, we have to siege that base tonight before we let anyone get slaughtered like pigs, or worse. . . If we have to bust in, the Glitterboy probably wont fit. We could draw 'em into a chicken-shoot if they're more bloodthirsty than wise. Anyone else got any ideas? There's no easy way to rip off this bandage, but we have to find a way to hit these cooks where it hurts! I can support y'all on foot if I need too, I have some training, but I'm no superhero without Cid."

Finishing her statement, Beretta is clearly pensive at the thought of having to face off with one of those reanimated juicers, especially without the bulwark of Cid. . . but her stonewall nature keeps her from slinking away like a coward, just cautious enough to be sensible about it.
Beretta Le Rouge
GB stats: Pace 10 (swim 6); Parry 6; Toughness 30 (18); Bennies - 2
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Pistol; Range: 18/36/72; Damage: 2d6+1; RoF: 2; AP: 2; Shots: 22/24; Notes: Semi-Auto, 3RB, +1 to Shooting rolls.

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Norona » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:58 am

Notice 1d8 = 6: 6 (Wild 1d6 = 5: 5)

As the conversation progresses Norona finally asserts a plan, "It seems best to try and fight these beings on our own terms. If our ATV and one of our stout Glitterboys, supported by Deezy's machinations, can stand ready out front we can call for surrender. If they come out to fight, then we take them on a level playing field, if they hole up then we have confined them to one location. While the frontal attack is underway a smaller team can sneak on through the rear to try and assess the situation inside. Zoffa and I are happy to do that, perhaps some of our other spell casters as well. Tarin? Beretta if you are up for it, without Cid perhaps the infiltration team is a good fit for you?"

Once they have their plan in place and personnel selected, Norona will attempt to lead a group around back.

Stealth: 1d6+2 = 8: 6 (Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6)
Ace: 1d6 = 1: 1
Total: 9

Powering up his TW Armor (-2 PPE), the scout moves extremely quickly (Pace 11) toward the goal. Once in the rear he sizes up the building for a point of entry. If an entrance is found he will use his legion radio to signals his readiness.

"We are in position."
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Aderyn
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Aderyn » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:33 pm

Aderyn shrugs "I can handle myself fairly well in a fight, but if we are going to be stealthy we best be able to pick a spot we can shoot while our main group shoots from another point, or use the time to rescue as many of the hostages as we can,, which might be harder to do if they are injured and unable to move" Aderyn sighs "All I'm saying either way we risk losing some once the fight starts".

Stealth 1d8 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2

User avatar
Capt. Murdok
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Capt. Murdok » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:14 pm

The team, being very tired from today's travel and the adrenalin is very quiet at this time. Amongst the discussions was to wait until morning, but the members of the legion, being the intrepid warriors that they are, knew that the only time was right now. Who knows what will happen in 4 more hours?

As the team members approach the town hall, they can hear the music loudly. The front assault team sets up and is ready to attack the two murder wraiths.

The scout party swings around to the back of City Hall when they quickly realize that while there is a back door. It is well defended as well, by two more murder wraiths and four normal people. Seeing the difficulty in entering the building the team looks for another way in. They do find one, an entrance to the basement, that is guarded by two murder wraiths and four more guards. The scout team realizes that all the entrances are heavily guarded as well as communications between the three locations is difficult and even the boom gun wouldn't be noticed.

(Audio notice -4, got the drop on the enemy)

What are your intentions?

User avatar
Moira O'Dugan
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Moira O'Dugan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:55 pm

I would imagine I am tied up still. If I am awake I am talking trash to the person guarding me calling him a bloody wankah in my heavy inish (Irish) accent since I can not do much else right now.
Character sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 5387#p5387

Magical knight of the Sidhe (pronounced she) court.

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d12+5, Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 33 (18) MDC

Bennies: 3

It's all about the Bagpipes and the Cellos...
Celtica: Beyond Avalon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN0e39ALWpU
2CELLOS - Thunderstruck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk

User avatar
Capt. Murdok
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Capt. Murdok » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:55 pm

Moira is currently coming to, her head pounding with sounds she has never heard before. When she comes to, there are lights she have never seen before, and sound that hurt her ears. She is bound up and while she tries to break free, she is bound pretty well.

"Hey Paul, it looks like you mom is awake. hahahahaha" Moira sees five soldiers and two juicers. There are a variety of normal people that are passed out due to drunkenness, something Moira is familiar with. "I don't know about you paul, but it looks like you are going to have to juice up for that one."

User avatar
Moira O'Dugan
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Moira O'Dugan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:11 pm

Moira looks at the guards sizing them up and squints at Paul.

"An why did you have tu go an ruin a perfectly good evening of drinking Paul. I was just sitting at the pub having a few pints like most nights an now I am waking up here with you wankers chatting about little Pauly needing some juice? I don't have any bottles fer 'em if that's what yer yammerin on about lads."


Moira smirks at Paul.

(Sorry I didn't think of actually rolling a Taunt roll before. Added )

Taunt Total roll 5
Skill 1d4 = 4: 4
Exploder 1d4 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Last edited by Moira O'Dugan on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Character sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 5387#p5387

Magical knight of the Sidhe (pronounced she) court.

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d12+5, Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 33 (18) MDC

Bennies: 3

It's all about the Bagpipes and the Cellos...
Celtica: Beyond Avalon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN0e39ALWpU
2CELLOS - Thunderstruck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Norona » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:35 pm

Notice: 1d8 = 7: 7

As the group puts their heads together Norona takes a stick and roughs out a sketch of the situation in the dirt. As the group considers options, and learns about one another's abilities and weaknesses in the process, Norona is surprised how little he knows of the team - and how much it has changed since they left Castle Refuge. Perhaps more time on the road should have been spent working on our tactics. Nonetheless, here we are

Things go back and forth for a while, with Norona offering to bait the undead creature's into the line of fire for Johnny or Beretta. With helpful magics it looks like a good plan until they learn that Tarin can summon forth creatures in much the same way Norona can draw on the help of the Ascended. A new plan quickly formulates and the elf sketches it out with the stick.

"The noise gives us a great deal of ability to move about. Perhaps we should focus on attacking from multiple angles rather than trying to draw them altogether. With Deezy's help the Glitterboy and ATV can attack the guards and wraiths in front. Tarin and I can lead teams to the back and basement entrances with Johnny and Aderyn." He quickly scratches the dirt to update his makeshift map before continuing, "From a distance we can use our regular weapons against the mortal foes." He pauses a moment to consider the gravity of killing them, If they have fallen in with these creatures, they are already dead they just don't know it yet

Sighing he continues, somewhat more sullen, "Then, Tarin, who is a mighty summoner, and myself, a lowly imitation, can call forth allies of light to deal with the wraiths. If all goes well all of the guards will be taken out and we can enter the building from multiple access points. This should minimize risk to the townspeople inside."

Hen scratches complete Norona looks to the group while petting Zoffa behind the ears.

"Shall we vanquish the darkness?"
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Moira O'Dugan
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Moira O'Dugan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:47 pm

"Let's see if'n we can get more personal shall we?"

Moira's physique tenses for a few seconds as she grunts slightly trying to break free. Not many bonds can hold her so now that she has her wits about her, she is gonna give it another go.

Strength roll to break free from... whatever is binding her.

attribute 1d12+5 = 10: 5
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

( OOC: Don't think that is gonna cut it so I am spending a benie on a reroll. )

attribute 1d12+5 = 16: 11
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2

(Much better. Hopefully that worked.)
Character sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 5387#p5387

Magical knight of the Sidhe (pronounced she) court.

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d12+5, Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 33 (18) MDC

Bennies: 3

It's all about the Bagpipes and the Cellos...
Celtica: Beyond Avalon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN0e39ALWpU
2CELLOS - Thunderstruck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk

User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Conrad » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:28 am

Conrad blinked at the suggestion.

"Once we are all done with this, people need to explain all the stuff they can do. Getting the ferry would have been a lot simpler if we had."

User avatar
Tarin
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Tarin » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:35 am

Tarin nods to Norona. "I know of an old God who doesn't like undead much. Think a few Heralds would be willing to even the odds against those over-aged meat monkeys." He tucks his jacket into his backpack stowing it under a tree and then rolls up his sleeves revealing a tattoo of a flaming Falchion.

"We attack the eastern door, and if things turn bad we lead the wraiths into the path of the boom gun and get out of the way."

Tarin Vinders
True Atlantean Shifter
Bennies: 3
PPE: 14/15


User avatar
Johnny Whateley
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Johnny Whateley » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:53 pm

Johnny looks at the dirt drawing for a bit. Squints his eyes. "Where do we take them if not all the Murder Wraith teams are down?"
OOC:
Character Sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=146

TOTAL BENNIES: 3
Quarterly Card: Revelation: "Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc."


Power Points/PPE: 10 (of 10)

Schoolboy's "Greatest Covers":
* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

EP: 1
Played by: Martin Coulter

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Norona » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:21 pm

Johnny Whateley wrote:Johnny looks at the dirt drawing for a bit. Squints his eyes. "Where do we take them if not all the Murder Wraith teams are down?"
Norona nods, "Good question. If our assault teams do not eliminate the wraiths then we must lead them to the front so the Boom Gun can provide support. Once inside we most likely have to bring the townspeople out the front in order to have cover from the vehicles and, if necessary, evacuate via the ferry. If we cannot clear the city and are pursued we will have to make a stand at the dock until all the people are safely on the other side."

The half elf makes a few more scratches to outline the evacuation route of they end up have to bring refugees out, then he sighs heavily. "This will also be our avenue of retreat if all is lost."
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Aderyn
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Aderyn » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:01 pm

"Well then, we have a plan I can attack the west side with Norona then, and if something goes wrong with the over aged meat bags" Aderyn points to a point on the street where the ATV and glitterboy should have a decent chance to shoot "We lead them at this point for the additional fire support to bring them down" Aderyn nods finally a plan a bit of stress of his shoulders "I'm good to go and ready to roll when you guys are. Hit them hard and hit them quick!"

User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Deezy Klatta » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:49 pm

Deezy nods excitedly.

"Give me a few seconds to get all of my upgrades running, and we should be cutting them down like WHEAT! To make murder wraith BREAD!"

She smacks her lips thoughtfully. "Actually, I could go for a sandwich right about now..."
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Norona » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:40 pm

With the plan agreed to, Norona makes preparations to move out. No magic this time, just good old fashioned woodsman tricks. Taking off any extraneous gear save his armor and bow the wilderness scout stores it in the ATV then takes a moment to make sure all his buckles and straps are tied off tight with nothing hanging loose that might flap or jangle. Finally he pulls his cowl over his head and prepares to move, with Zoffa plodding silently by his side. When the time comes Norona sets off with his team, skirting very wide around the town hall to set up as close to his assigned entrance as possible without being seen (within short weapons range).

Once in position he takes a knee and lines up his shot with his Wilk's 447 Laser Rifle on one of the mundane guards, pointing him out to Aderyn so they both choose different targets. As the appointed time he slows down his breathing, takes careful aim, and slowly depresses the trigger.

Targon forgive me for spilling blood this night
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 1: 1 (Wild 1d6 = 4: 4)
Stealth 1d6+2 = 4: 2 (Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1

Shooting (with the Drop) 1d8+4 = 11: 7 (Wild 1d6+4 = 7: 3)
Total: 11 (hits with a raise)

Damage (with the Drop) 3d6+4 = 11: 1, 3, 3
Raise 1d6 = 5: 5
Total: 16, AP2
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Tarin
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Tarin » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:04 pm

Tarin jogs with his team to a back alley they near where he would strike from. He can hear the thrum-thud-thud of music from the town hall. He hope's it's just because there's a fun dance party and not a "necromantic" dance party. Without realizing he finds himself quietly singing "Na. Na. Na. Na. Stayin alive. Stayin alive."

They arrive at the alley without incident. Tarin stows his gear and then in a particularly dark corner he begins his summoning.

As his hands draw the circle, affixing it in the air before-him, PPE coalesces like snowflakes into it's shape. A sheen of sweat appears on the Atlantean's brown as copious amounts of PPE flows from him.

At a wave of Tarin's hand the summoning circle smoothly moves from being a portrait before him to affixing its self on the alley-floor. Then it splits into three. "Shepherd of Souls. I seek your aid. We are beset by necromantic terrors and I call your finest soldiers to aid in our battle." He chants these words softly, but his voice echoes with the weight of magic penetrating the veil of the megaverse to make his call.

Motes of light begin to whirl over the circles coalescing into a shining bright rift. Then before the young shifter are three Gorgeous female humans dressed in meticulous but serviceable leather armour massive great-swords strapped to their backs. Their eyes glow with divinely inspired steely rage. One steps forward. "We have sensed your need and we come. The infestation of undeath is a true plague here. We will purge them with Scaetha's fire."

Then the centre Herald steps forward. "You are a worthy ally in our war." She says solemnly as she lays a hand on Tarin's shoulder and looks him in the eye. "I bless your with Scaetha's favour."

For an instant Tarin's eyes blaze with the same divine fury that shines through the Heralds'. Then he places two fingers on his sword tattoo and then draws forth a thick machete-like blade blazing with holy fire. "You know... I've wondered, are we 'killing' them if they're already dead? "
OOC Comments
-10 PPE
First casting. Summon Ally with the Summon the Hoard - Herald of Scaetha from Pg 74 of the Hellfrost Beastiary.
Image
Spellcasting Roll. Summon Ally
1d8 = 2: 2
1d6 = 1: 1


Herald of Scaetha Roll to cast Champion of the Faith (spell is found on Hellfrost Players Guide Pg 83)
Faith Roll (Wild die is a d10 as per the Master rule Herald common abilities 69/70 of the Beastiary.)
1d12+2 = 5: 3
1d10 = 2: 2
Champion of the Faith is a maintained spell and grants either the Champion or Holy Warrior edges. I'm going to choose the Holy Warrior edge for Tarin.

Lastly Tarin is using his PPE reserve from Tattoo magic to cast call his magic sword (smite).
(Spirit roll)
Costs 2 PPE out of a reserve of 5 every 3 rounds.
1d8 = 8: 8
1d6 = 5: 5

Tarin Vinders
True Atlantean Shifter
Bennies: 3
PPE: 14/15


User avatar
Tarin
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Tarin » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:05 pm

OOC Comments
Spending one Benny to re-roll the summon.
1d8 = 8: 8
1d6 = 4: 4

Tarin Vinders
True Atlantean Shifter
Bennies: 3
PPE: 14/15


User avatar
Tarin
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Tarin » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:07 pm

OOC Comments
Exploding dice of Second Summon and Smite casting.

Summon:
1d8 = 6: 6

Smite Spell
1d8 = 1: 1

Tarin Vinders
True Atlantean Shifter
Bennies: 3
PPE: 14/15


User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Conrad » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:36 am

1d6 = 3: 3 notice
1d6 = 2: 2 wild dice

"Okay Beretta , we will distract them while you get a bead on them and blow them away. Whatever you do, don't miss and enjoy the revenge." Otherwise we will be dead meat Conrad thought. At least Deezy is in here where I can protect her.

He gunned the ATV and shot round the corner, sliding across the open area in front of the town hall to give them an optimal firing solution. He opened up with the Rail Gun at the Mercs to get everybody's attention while Beretta lined up the Murder Wraiths.

ooc
1d8 = 3: 3 shooting +2 -2 for unstable platform
benny for extra effort
1d6 = 1: 1
3d10+4 = 23: 2, 7, 10

User avatar
Johnny Whateley
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Johnny Whateley » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:57 pm

Conrad wrote:Original post: 1d6 = 3: 3 notice
Original post: 1d6 = 2: 2 wild dice

"Okay Johnny, we will distract them while you get a bead on them and blow them away. Whatever you do, don't miss." Otherwise we will be dead meat Conrad thought. At least Deezy is in here where I can protect her.

He gunned the ATV and shot round the corner, sliding across the open area in front of the town hall to give them an optimal firing solution. He opened up with the Rail Gun at the Mercs to get everybody's attention while Johnny lined up the Murder Wraiths.

ooc
Original post: 1d8 = 3: 3 shooting +2 -2 for unstable platform
benny for extra effort
Original post: 1d6 = 1: 1
Original post: 3d10+4 = 23: 2, 7, 10
OOC: I thought Beretta was in my GB armor?
OOC:
Character Sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=146

TOTAL BENNIES: 3
Quarterly Card: Revelation: "Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc."


Power Points/PPE: 10 (of 10)

Schoolboy's "Greatest Covers":
* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

EP: 1
Played by: Martin Coulter

User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Deezy Klatta » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:19 am

Deezy checks the charge on the device she attached to Johnny's Glitterboy, and gives another chunk of power. The device whirrs happily, and the HUD on the robot's pilot interface lights up with new information. She then pours another bottle of holy water into the intake port on the device...which shivers, and filaments of golden light snake out around the boom gun.

"Alright, you got it!" she tells Beretta happily. "Evil-eating artillery! Conrad! I'm wichoooooooo!"

She dashes over to the ATV and takes the rocket launcher's controls.

"This is going to be a little bit of awesome..." the tech-wizard giggles.

Greater Smite on Glitterboy: 1D10.OPEN(10)+2 = [4]+2 = 6
1D6.OPEN(6) = [5] = 5


Boost Trait (shooting) on glitterboy: 1D10.OPEN(10)+2 = [1]+2 = 3
1D6.OPEN(6) = [4] = 4
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Capt. Murdok
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Capt. Murdok » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:51 pm

Assault Team
The team spends several minutes discussing their next move. With new found knowledge of teammates abilities and the learned wisdom of how to defeat the Murder Wraiths, the 32nd SET is confident they can handle not just one, but 6 and several normal mercenaries. The noises coming from the town hall are doing wonders to allow the team setting up without being noticed.

Team Shaintar
The scout lines up his shot, pulls the trigger and his target falls down right in front of everyone.

Team Atlantis
Enroute to the attack point, Tarin sings along with the music. Once there he begins to summon his allies. After a brief discussion and agreement that the murder wraiths must die, Tarin summons his own sword.

Team Smite
Conrad wips the ATV around to get the groups attention and puts rail gun rounds into the building.
Deezy enhances the GB to be able to obliterate the Murder Wraiths.

Party
Moira starts taunting the juicers and it's apparent they are buying it. Paul gets into her face. "You want personal? I'll show you personal. Why don't you and I go a round together. Last one alive wins?"
Moira feels her bonds become looser by a stray round, and she is able break free from the bonds of servitude. Both Juicers have a look of surprise on their face.
OOC Comments
Team Shaintar
Norona: KD
Aderyn: QC
Left Murder Wraith: Black Joker
Right Murder Wraith: 2S
Mooks: AH

Team Atlantis
Tarin: 2C
Beretta: 10H
Left Murder Wraith: 4D
Right Murder Wraith: 6H
Mooks: 7D

Team Smite
Deezy: 3S
Conrad: AS
Johnny: KH
Left Murder Wraith: 5C
Right Murder Wraith: 7S
Mooks: Red Joker

Party
Moira: 7C
Juicers: 4S

User avatar
Aderyn
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Aderyn » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:08 pm

Aderyn nods to Norona's instruction and takes aim with the NG-L5 making sure his shot counted. Aderyn takes a deep breath slowly letting the air out until and holding his breath long enough to take aim and shoot with a gentle trigger squeeze So the fun begins, hope everything goes according to plan. Wait. We didn't plan a contingency plan! Damn it!

Notice 1d6 = 2: 2
(Wild 1d6 = 5: 5)

Stealth 1d8 = 4: 4
(Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

Shooting 1d8+2 = 6: 4
(Wild 1d6 = 6: 6)

Damage 3d6 = 13: 4, 5, 4

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Norona » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:16 pm

Seeing the first mercenary go down, Norona utters a silent prayer of forgiveness. He quickly adjusts his position slightly and aims toward the next mercenary, watching the wraiths to see if they head toward or away from his position. If they fire from a distance it will be difficult work to hurt them and he will be forced to close on them over open ground.

First we must adjust the odds.

Squeezing the trigger he fires another single shot.

Hit with a raise, 11 damage AP 2
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8 = 2: 2

Shooting 1d8 = 2: 2 (Wild 1d8 = 2: 2) (Wild, rolled wrong die 1d6 = 6: 6, Ace: 1d6 = 3: 3
Total: 9 (hit with a raise)

Damage: 2d6+1 = 9: 4, 4
Raise: 1d6 = 2: 2
Total: 11, AP 2
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Moira O'Dugan
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Moira O'Dugan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:27 pm

Moira smirks at little Pauli and cracks both her knuckles and speaks in her heavy Inish (Irish) accent

"Aye Pauli, time to go round an round me boiyo. I am not usually a to the death kinda lass but you ruined me feckin' dress. I dunnu have many things left from home an this dress has some sentimental significance lad. Time to dance."


Not only wanting to prove a point but also pissed as all get out about having a fun night with her friends interrupted she pays little heed to her own defense and attacks wildly.

situational bonuses
+2 to attack from taunt for this action
+2 to attack and damage as well as -2 to defence from wild attack

Melee Attack: hit total of 7
Skill 1d8+4 = 7: 3
Wild 1d6+4 = 7: 3

If Moira missed I will spend a bennie to reroll.

If this hit the damage of Moira's focused attack is...

Damage focused attack
1d12+7 = 14: 7
3d6 = 12: 6, 4, 2

Exploder die
1d6 = 3: 3

Making her damage total a hefty 29 MD
Character sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 5387#p5387

Magical knight of the Sidhe (pronounced she) court.

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d12+5, Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 33 (18) MDC

Bennies: 3

It's all about the Bagpipes and the Cellos...
Celtica: Beyond Avalon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN0e39ALWpU
2CELLOS - Thunderstruck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk

User avatar
Johnny Whateley
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Johnny Whateley » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:14 am

KC:

Johnny whispers a brief prayer hoping the sound can drown things out a bit for what he needs. He settles into position with the rest of Team Smite (OOC: got this from the Initiative Pass list--I'm still confused on who I'm with if not Smite). After verification of targets (mooks A and B--the ones on the right of the murder wraiths) He sets his reinforced quarter staff on the ground next to him and swings his guitar from his back. He strums a few strings pulling the mystical energies together for the song. After the energies are gathered, he rubs the fingers on his right hand together, brings them to his lips and blows on them.

"Let's do this."

Johnny plays a bit of "The Devil's Right Hand" on his guitar sending three eerie spectral bolts of energy from the head of the guitar towards the targets.
OOC Comments
Spends 3 PPE/Power Points for casting Bolt to get 3 different shots.
Spellcasting for 3 Bolts:
Extra Effort (1 Bennie): 1d6 = 2: 2
Ace: 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild Die: 1d6 = 3: 3

Mook 1: Bolt with 12 (roll of 9 + 4 from the Drop - 1 from Fatigue) I think that's a Raise. Damage: 8 (dice + Raise) Raise Damage 1d6 = 1: 1

Mook 2: Bolt with 8 (roll of 3 from Wild Die, 2 from Extra Effort, 4 from the Drop - 1 from Fatigue). No Raise for damage. Damage: 2d6 = 8: 3, 5

Mook 1: Bolt 3 (as Extra Effort applies across the board) with a 7 (2 from the roll, 4 from the drop, -1 from Fatigue +2 from Extra Effort).
Damage: 2d6 = 5: 4, 1
The energies emanating from his guitar swell up and pulse almost vindictively towards him culminating in a quick flash followed by an unhallowed giggle.
OOC Comments
Spending a Benny to avoid being Shaken from the Backlash of that Spellcasting 1 result.
OOC:
Character Sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=146

TOTAL BENNIES: 3
Quarterly Card: Revelation: "Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc."


Power Points/PPE: 10 (of 10)

Schoolboy's "Greatest Covers":
* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

EP: 1
Played by: Martin Coulter

User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Conrad » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:24 am

Initiative AS

"Well, that was embarrassing," Conrad mused as the rail gun peppered the town hall , "I hope nobody was hurt in there that shouldn't have been." He turned to Deezy and grinned, "well, let's draw them into Beretta's scopes."

He reversed the ATV to force the Murder Wraiths, using the rail gun to open fire on the Mercs again.

OOC Comments
2 range penalties negated by the ATV sensors
1d8 = 4: 4+2-2
1d6 = 4: 4+2-2

User avatar
Tarin
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Tarin » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:33 am

The three Heralds see their target and charge, their great swords drawn and gleaming with holy light. Each of them praying to their god.

Tarin hangs back and casts a reliable old Incantation Armor of Ithan on himself and draws his (NG-33) Laser Pistol. Taking any cover available while letting the Heralds draw the Murder Wraiths out.
OOC Comments
All Heralds cast Champion of the Faith (Giving themselves the Champion Edge +2 Dam +2 Toughness against the Wraiths.) With a second action for Charge/Attack assuming they can get in-range. #1 and #2 Heralds will attack the MR on the Right. The Third Herald will go for the MR on the Left.
Casting Champion
1d12-2 = 5: 7
1d10-2 = 7: 9

I'll save the attack roll pending GM approval. If the Heralds do actually make their charge the Murder Wraiths will take 2D6 damage from the Herald's Aura's.

Tarin's Armor casting. (Using his last 5 PPE for Greater Armour)
1d8 = 5: 5
1d6 = 1: 1

Tarin Vinders
True Atlantean Shifter
Bennies: 3
PPE: 14/15


User avatar
Beretta Le Rouge
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Beretta Le Rouge » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:36 am

Wearing somebody else's glitter-suit was tantamount to swapping spit, or trading tighty-whities, it just wasn't natural, but there was something far more unnatural casually walking around, despite natures best efforts to begin the decomposition process. . .

Hyped and ready to give these necro-goons a might bit of payback, Beratta cracks a wry smile when Deezy's enhancements augment the world shattering boom-gun!

Oh, there's something might holy about all that glowin', in fact, I think I hear a chorus of angels. . . angels talkin' mean smack!

Once all of the preparations are met, and the preemptive strike is underway, Beretta will aim squarely for the pair of Murder Wraiths her group is tasked with obliterating from this corporeal world. Them, and any mooks she can manage to squeeze into the holy hail.

Whoo-hoo! Talk about St. Michael's pimp slap!
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8+2 = 10: 8, Ace 1d8 = 6: 6
Total: 16

Shooting 1d10 = 7: 7 (wild 1d6 = 5: 5) (Taking into account the boost trait)
Total: 7

Damage 4d12+10 = 42: 6, 11, 10, 5 (+4 added from Greater Smite)

Contingency: if Beretta is not arming the working GB, than disregard above post, and she'll hunker down with a full defensive action while things get hammered out.
Beretta Le Rouge
GB stats: Pace 10 (swim 6); Parry 6; Toughness 30 (18); Bennies - 2
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Pistol; Range: 18/36/72; Damage: 2d6+1; RoF: 2; AP: 2; Shots: 22/24; Notes: Semi-Auto, 3RB, +1 to Shooting rolls.

User avatar
Capt. Murdok
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Capt. Murdok » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:13 pm

Team Shaintar
Left Murder Wraith: Seeing the mook just fall right in front of him he looks around and sees Norona with the rifle. The murder wraith is pretty upset, however Norona does have distance advantage on him. The Murder wraith does move quickly just not quickly enough. The Murder Wraith starts swinging wildly.
OOC Comments
Parry: 3
Mooks:The remaining flunkies sees the two members of the tomorrow legion and with confidence takes aim on the two members. Three shots of lasers streak towards our heros. The trees and the foliage was enough to reduce the impact to a flash of light.
Norona: Makes a quick prayer to his gods and pulls the trigger to shoot another Merc. That Merc drops with a burn hole in his chest.
Aderyn: Realising that if things goes south, there is no backup plan Aderyn pulls the trigger to shoot one of the two remaining Mercs and causes him to drop like a sack of potatoes.
Right Murder Wraith: Seeing the Mercs drop like flies and his buddie running, She follows and is weaving and dodging.
OOC Comments
Parry: 8
OOC Comments
Three of the four Mercs down, two Murder Wraiths moving towards you, 1 and 1/2 rounds to get to you.
Team Atlantis
Baretta: Using Johnny's Glitter Boy, Barretta feels a cross between uncomfortable and intimately personal. She feels at home in this suit, it does not have the nuances, the smells, nor the padding that CID does but what it does have is a working boom gun. Baretta lines up the shot, making sure she can return the shoot in the same condition it was given to her and fires. The flechette round flies towards its targets and impacts all of the people on her side of the building. When the dust settles, none is left standing. Baretta feels relieved and impressed. The Tarin is unsure of what to do now that their targets are dead. On the plus side, he still have summoned allies, who are just as impressed as Tarin is.

Team Smite
Mooks: With having to dodge the railgun fire from the ATV, the Mercs attempt to lay down cover fire. They end up shooting wild.
Conrad: In an effort to ensure better results and reduce the chances of hurting someone, Conrad focuses on one target and cuts him to shreds. You couldn't even identify him with his dental records at this point.
Johnny: The 32nd SET now has a live band available to them and starts playing https://youtu.be/YDVCMHX9r0k Three bolts of magic blast from his guitar towards the Mercs. The energy splashes onto the mercs into harmless light.
Murder Wraiths: With the ATV showing up and gunning them, the Murder Wraiths are goated into chasing it. They have this determined look of ripping Conrad apart with their bare hands.

Inside:
Moira: With the chains loosened and her dress is disarray, Moira will look at Pauly and express her displeasure. With a single swing of her fist, Moira lands a solid blow on the Juicer, destroys his harness and his rib cage. Half her hand went into his chest and she is confidant that he won't be doing this again.
Juicer: The remaining Juicer is upset. He draws his chain sword and swings at her. The juicer is able to catch her off guard from the wild attack. The impact was not what she was expecting and is taken back at how hard this one hit.
OOC Comments
Moira is shaken
OOC Comments
Initiative

Team Shaintar
Norona: AH
Aderyn: QS
Left Murder Wraith: 10D
Right Murder Wraith: 7S
Mercs: 8C

Team Atlantis
Tarin: 5H
Beretta: 8S

Team Smite
Dezzy: BLACK JOKER
Johhny: JH
Conrad: JD
Left Murder Wraith: QH
Right Murder Wraith: 9H
Mercs: 4H
Attachments
Assault teams.png

User avatar
Deezy Klatta
Silver Patron
Silver Patron
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Deezy Klatta » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:53 pm

After fumbling with the loading mechanism for a second as the ATV bounces along the rugged earth, Deezy gets a green light and whoops! She swings the rocket launcher towards the spot where two mercs are standing perilously close to one another, and lets a missile fly at the spot between them!

(Shooting at +1 for techwizard, -2 for unstable platform) 1d6-1 = 3: 4 or 1d6-1 = 1: 2 wild.

Damage 5d6 = 23: 1, 6, 5, 5, 6

Two explosions 2d6 = 9: 5, 4

Total missile damage: 32; aiming at the spot ahead of and between the two mercs on the right, trying not to get the building in the burst if possible...
OOC Comments
Player Name: Salmon Max
Google Handle: samminmax@gmail.com

Character Name: [urk=http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... =167#p1803]Dorothy Zane “DZ” Klatta[/url]
Rank:Novice Experience: 10 (7/30/17) Advances Left: 0
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: Techno-Wizard
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Charisma: -1; Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 12 (6); PPE: 20
Skills:
Knowledge: Arcana d10
Knowledge: Engineering d10 (+1)
Knowledge: Science d6
Knowledge: Electronics d10 (+1)
Repair d10 (+2 Edge, +4 armor (inc TW bonus))
Investigate d6 (+2)
Techno-Wizardry d10
Fighting
Notice
Shooting d6 (+3 w/revolver)

Hindrances
Overconfident (Major): Never give up...NEVER SURRENDER!
Greedy (Minor): Building something like this is going to take a load of bread to capitalize...where’m I gonna get the money?!
Habit (Minor): Too hyperactive!

Edges
Edge: Master of Magic (mega-magic ENGAGE)
Edge: Extra PPE (+5 PPE)
Edge: Mr Fixit (+2 Repair, halve time required on raise)
Edge: Investigator (+2 to Investigate, Streetwise, and Notice to sort through evidence)
Edge: Improved Recharge (recover 1 PPE/.5 hour)

Gizmos (spells):
AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitational Interception System)
Armor (2PPE, +2 armor/+4 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor/+10 on raise, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Omniblaster
Bolt (1PPE/2d6 missile (up to 3), 2PPE/3d6 missile, 12/24/48)
Onslaught (2PPE/3d6MD missile (up to 4), 4PPE/6d6MD missile, 18/36/72)

TIAMAT (Thaumic Imaging And Magical Ambiance Testing)
Detect/Conceal Arcana (2PPE, sense supernatural creatures, objects or effects)
Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana (4PPE, gain more info, 2PPE to analyze creature)

ROCKET BOOTS (No acronym; just rockets in boots)
Flight (3PPE, fly at Pace; 6PPE, 2x Pace, duration 3 (+1/rnd), touch)
Swift Flight (8PPE, 4x Pace and -1 to be hit; 10PPE 8x Pace and -2 to be hit, duration 3 (+1/rnd) touch)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic
Armor 6, +1 Toughness, Full environment, 18lbs
Laser Torch, 3d6MD, RoF 1, AP 3, 4/8/16
Extensible Manipulator: Reach 1, Str 1d6, 1d6+1d4 dmg in melee w/laser finger
Optical Enhancements; 10x mag, thermal vision, spectrographic scanner, +2 Repair
10 mile communication, nightvision, loudspeaker, laser rangefinder


TW Revolver
2d6+2 dmg, RoF 1, AP 4, 6 shots, 12/24/48
+1 Shooting skill (Minor TW Augmentation)
2PPE to charge, 2PPE to make Mega-damage


TechnoWizard Specialized Toolkit
I use it for techno things that also involve wizardry.

NG-S2 Survival Pack
2 person tent, +20% water supplies
Sleeping bag
Flashlight w/knife; solar
Inertial compass (+2 to Survival to navigate)
Short range (5 mile) radio
First aid kit (+1 to healing; 3 uses)
Hunting/Fishing kit (+1 to Survival to forage)
Three ‘saw wires’
Fire starter
Survival Knife, hatchet, wooden cross
4 signal flares
Climbing kit w/30 rope
Soap and washcloth
Canteen
2 weeks rations


Credits: 2000

User avatar
Moira O'Dugan
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Moira O'Dugan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:12 am

Moira scowls at the remaining juicer

"That feck'n hurt yah wankah. I'm gonna make you eat yer sword lad."

Moira does a spinning backhand punch. (another wild attack to make sure she hits)

Spirit roll for being shaken successful but I only get a free action. Spending a bennie to remove and act normal.
Skill 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4

Melee Attack total roll of 23. I am assuming this hits with a raise and will add the D6 to the damage roll.
Skill 1d8+2 = 10: 8
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6

Ace die
Skill 1d8 = 8: 8
Ace die X2
Skill 1d8 = 3: 3

Damage focused attack (additional D6 for the raise) With the +2 for wild attack again Moira hits for a total of 35 MD (Good roll. OUCH!)
1d12+5 = 14: 9
4d6 = 14: 4, 2, 6, 2
Ace for damage roll
1d6 = 5: 5

With a smirk Moira looks at the rest of the soldier about her and flexes at them.

"Any one else care to try an press their luck lads?"
Character sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 5387#p5387

Magical knight of the Sidhe (pronounced she) court.

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d12+5, Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 33 (18) MDC

Bennies: 3

It's all about the Bagpipes and the Cellos...
Celtica: Beyond Avalon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN0e39ALWpU
2CELLOS - Thunderstruck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk

User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Norona » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:52 pm

Notice 5
1d8 = 5: 5 Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
"Aderyn, train your sights on the remaining mercenary."

Now that they had the Murder Wraiths undivided attention Norona summons his celestial defenders. Spirit Mother, send me defenders of the light so I may fight evil and save the innocent. With a bright blue flash of celestial light three impressive figures appear, iridescent in the low light their chain mail armor gleams with silver and bodies emit a slight holy glow. They carry silver swords and bear large shields.

"Welcome friends. Be wary darkness approaches, your assistance is appreciated." Norona points to the incoming Murder Wraiths

Nodding solemnly the defenders of light draw their swords and raise their shields to prepare to repel the murder wraiths. Rather than charging forward recklessly, they advance in a defensive formation and prepare to fight.
Spell Casting 5
1d8 = 5: 5, Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

PPE: 12-7 = 5

Movement: I want them to move between Norona and the Murder Wraiths so that the wraiths will run into them next turn...rather than charge the wraiths and be open to a First Strike move. Hope that make sense.

Image
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Moira O'Dugan
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Moira O'Dugan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:50 pm

Even though Moira is usually pretty clueless to her surroundings as times there is no way she can miss all the massive fireworks going on outside. She then looks at the three remaining mercs as the dust from the rafters comes down from the ceiling.

"Did ye bring more of these fellows fer me to play with me boyos? It sounds like the royal navy is bombarding all of tarnation out there"
Character sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 5387#p5387

Magical knight of the Sidhe (pronounced she) court.

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d12+5, Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 33 (18) MDC

Bennies: 3

It's all about the Bagpipes and the Cellos...
Celtica: Beyond Avalon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN0e39ALWpU
2CELLOS - Thunderstruck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk

User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Conrad » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:25 am

Conrad gave Beretta a thumbs up as she obliterated the two murder wraiths. Hope you enjoyed that he thought as he turned the rail gun on the remaining merc.
OOC Comments
1d8+2 = 8: 6
1d8+2 = 5: 3
1d8+2 = 5: 3

3d10+4 = 24: 9, 6, 5
3d10+4 = 17: 4, 4, 5
3d10+4 = 22: 9, 1, 8

User avatar
Beretta Le Rouge
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Beretta Le Rouge » Thu May 04, 2017 12:18 am

Watching the former re-animated corpses -and friends- succumb to the veritable hail of fiery death, Beretta sports a contented smirk deep within the glittering suit.

Aww shoot, Gets me every time! It's the same feeling you get after settin' fire to a roach den. . .

Not that she had a particular abundance of time, given the fast paced nature of combat, and all. She decides to react to the incoming radio transmission as quickly as humanly possible! Retracting the pylons on the suit, she re-positions to see if she can't squeeze out one more shot to rid her allies of any remaining corpse junkies.
OOC Comments
Judging by the continuity of previous posts, I assume Beretta and Johnny are switched, but the map shows otherwise - so for the sake of this post, I'll assume the right side is clear of bogies. Feel free to re-arrange Mr. GM.
Swinging south, to aid the less magically supported Team Smite, Beretta will anchor the pylons and muster what moxie she can to dial in a shot for the sprinting dead headed for the ATV. It might take time, but she'll fire when she can!
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8+2 = 6: 4

Unable to fire do to movement this round! :shock:
Beretta Le Rouge
GB stats: Pace 10 (swim 6); Parry 6; Toughness 30 (18); Bennies - 2
Wilk’s 227 Pulse Pistol; Range: 18/36/72; Damage: 2d6+1; RoF: 2; AP: 2; Shots: 22/24; Notes: Semi-Auto, 3RB, +1 to Shooting rolls.

User avatar
Capt. Murdok
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Capt. Murdok » Sun May 07, 2017 12:46 pm

updated assault image. Please review and adjust accordingly
Attachments
updated fight.png

User avatar
Johnny Whateley
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Johnny Whateley » Sun May 07, 2017 4:37 pm

OOC Comments
Wouldn't the new set up change what's still standing in the opposition? One of Johnny's mooks would've actually been taken down.
GM Note
After review of the Drop rules two mooks dropped from Johnny. Map is being updated.
OOC:
Character Sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=146

TOTAL BENNIES: 3
Quarterly Card: Revelation: "Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc."


Power Points/PPE: 10 (of 10)

Schoolboy's "Greatest Covers":
* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

EP: 1
Played by: Martin Coulter

User avatar
Moira O'Dugan
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Moira O'Dugan » Sun May 07, 2017 8:35 pm

Thinking that the front door might just be guarded but hopefully the guards are busy with all the noise outside, Moira turns to the back to make a new door in the center of the wall so the other hostages can escape.
OOC Comments
Wild attack

Melee Attack
Skill 1d8+2 = 9: 7
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3

If hit Damage focused attack Ignores armor value of vehicles and inanimate objects total damage of 37MD to the center of the back wall.
1d12+7 = 16: 9
3d6 = 15: 5, 4, 6
Raise in damage 1d6 = 4: 4
Ace 1d6 = 2: 2
Character sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 5387#p5387

Magical knight of the Sidhe (pronounced she) court.

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d12+5, Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 33 (18) MDC

Bennies: 3

It's all about the Bagpipes and the Cellos...
Celtica: Beyond Avalon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN0e39ALWpU
2CELLOS - Thunderstruck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk

User avatar
Johnny Whateley
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Johnny Whateley » Fri May 12, 2017 2:17 pm

Jack of Hearts:

Johnny bites his bottom lip in frustration. With the benefit of surprise gone, he realizes he'll have to do some heavy strumming before the Murder Wraiths and their fellow guard close in. Remembering the lessons before entering the Rift, he combines thought and music to pull the magic in for another bolt. He adds a harder tempo to Devil's Right Hand and drops singing to focus on his guitar playing for another set of mystical bolts. As the music's speed increases, magical energies coalesce into flashes of multicolored light that melt into him which his fingers channel into the guitar and pick. Sweat starts sliding down the side of his face and he grits his teeth hoping he doesn't suffer another backlash from the energies he's gathering.

With the remaining guard scurrying toward him and his team. He relaxes his jaw, smiles and says: "Bang, bang, boy oh."

In fighting the horrors of this land, there's no such thing as overkill.
OOC Comments
BOLT 1 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild Die 1d6 = 6: 6 -Hit (?)
BOLT 2 1d6 = 2: 2 -miss
BOLT 3 1d6 = 5: 5 - Hit (?)

DAMAGE 1 2d6 = 2: 1, 1
DAMAGE 2 2d6 = 6: 3, 3

Note to self: Remember to save the smacktalk for AFTER the baddies are hurt. XD
OOC:
Character Sheet: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=146

TOTAL BENNIES: 3
Quarterly Card: Revelation: "Your hero finds all the information available when doing research, or realizes critical information when confronting some obstacle such as a monster’s weakness, the answer to a riddle or cipher, etc."


Power Points/PPE: 10 (of 10)

Schoolboy's "Greatest Covers":
* The Devil's Right Hand
* Purple Haze
* Amazing Grace

EP: 1
Played by: Martin Coulter

User avatar
Capt. Murdok
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:36 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Capt. Murdok » Sun May 14, 2017 2:06 pm

Team Shaintar
Norona: Norona summons three holy warriors to combat the murder wraiths. With experience on his side, the loyal fighters take their instructions and form a defensive wedge with shields out and stands there waiting for the Murder Wraiths to come to them, with eyes of determination and knowing their cause is just.
Aderyn: Aderyn appears to be having difficulty in getting a bead on the last Merc.
Left Murder Wraith: The Murder Wraith charges the group and impacts with the holy warriors. Two of the warriors move to intercept the Wraith. One of the warriors hits the murder wraith, causing the Murder Wraith a moment of shock. The second warrior attempts to capitalize on this momentary opening, unfortunately is not able to be effective. The Murder Wraith quickly comes around to his senses.
Merc: The merc is shooting at Aderyn. He lines up a shot and the weapon explodes in his face..

Team Atlantis
Left Murder Wraith: The Murder Wraith charges towards the two Legionnaires.
Johnny: Johnny focuses on the instrumental of his music and shoots three bolts towards the Merc. The magic bolts flies towards him, two of the bolts jsut barely hit him, unfortunately, they do not appear to have caused any injury.
Right Murder Wraith: Following the lead of his brother, the second murder wraith charges as well.
Tarin:As the Murder Wraiths close the distance to the summoned heroes, Just being around them the one on the right is wracked in pain. (1 wound)

Team Smite
Deezy: Deezy drops a missile in between two remaining mercs. The explosion is enough to throw them against the wall and the limp bodies land on the floor.
Team smite is clear of all opponents.

Inside
Moira Looks around and the loud music coming from inside is rather distracting. She punches one of the inner walls and enters another room.
OOC Comments
Initative
Team Shanitar
norona: = 7C
Aderyn: = AD
Left Murder Wraith: = 2S
Right Murder Wraith: = Red Joker

Team Atlantis
Tarin: = 10C
Johnny: = 9S
Left Murder Wraith: = JC
Right Murder Wraith: = AC

Team Smite
Beretta: = 10D
Dezzy: = QC
Conrad: = KD

Inside
Moira: = KS
Attachments
TownHallxcf.png
updated fight.png

User avatar
Tarin
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Tarin » Tue May 16, 2017 8:21 am

Tarin takes cover behind a tree and fires his laser after the remaining minion.
His summoned heralds clash against the wraiths. Their great swords glow in anticipation at cleaving undead flesh and their voices sing a harmonious tune in worship of Scaetha as they join the fray.
OOC Comments
Tarin shooting his NG-33 once.
1d8 = 7: 7 1d6 = 5: 5
Damage Roll AP-2 (if Success) 2d4+1 = 3: 1, 1

Heralds of Scaetha attacking Murder Wraiths. 2 on Joker Wraith, one on Ace wraith. For quick reference, their parry is 7 (8 -1 from great sword), and their enhanced toughness is 14 (+1 from hold the line if applicable).
If the heralds are within 5" of each other they gain the benefit of command (+1 from shaken), fervour (another +1 to damage), and hold the line (+1 to toughness).

Attack roll 1 (on Joker Wraith)
1d12 = 2: 2 1d6 = 4: 4
Damage 1d8 = 3: 3 + 1d10 = 1: 1 Doubled because of holy aura and then add +2 for Champion of the faith buff +1 from fervour (if applicable).

Attack roll 2 (on Joker Wraith)
1d12 = 2: 2 1d6 = 3: 3
Damage 1d8 = 4: 4 + 1d10 = 1: 1 Doubled because of holy aura and then add +2 for Champion of the faith buff +1 from fervour (if applicable).

Attack roll 3 (on Ace Wraith)
1d12 = 10: 10 1d6 = 1: 1
Damage 1d8 = 6: 6 + 1d10 = 9: 9 Doubled because of holy aura and then add +2 for Champion of the faith buff +1 from fervour (if applicable).

Tarin Vinders
True Atlantean Shifter
Bennies: 3
PPE: 14/15


User avatar
Norona
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Norona » Sat May 20, 2017 3:42 am

Notice
Notice 8 1d8 = 5: 5, Wild 1d6 = 6: 6, Ace: 1d6 = 2: 2
"Aderyn, take down the last mercenary."

Seeing his warriors engage to the left Norona focuses on supporting the right side, dropping his rifle to the ground he pulls the bow from his back and takes a bead on the rightmost Murder Wraith. May the lord of light guide my sight

Drawing back the string he looses a bolt of telekinetic energy at the Wraith. Guided by the the spirits of his home world the bow bolt strikes home with effect. Light shall always vanquish the darkness, and dawn has come He thinks coldly, his normal respect for all life suspended in the face of undeath.

Damage: 17, AP 4 (shaken?)
Shooting 12
Shooting: EP [Auto Ace] = 8, Ace: Invalid dice code!
Total=14-2 MAP = 12, hit with a raise

Damage (Magic): 2d6 = 8: 3, 5, wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Raise: Auto Ace Ace: 1d6 = 1: 1
Total: 15+7=17, AP 4
Character Information
Norona, Wilderness Scout
Armored Stats: Pace: 11, Toughness 10 (4)
PPE: 40/20

Bennies: 5

User avatar
Conrad
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 am

Re: Adventure into Dinosaur Swamp

Post by Conrad » Sat May 20, 2017 6:45 am

Conrad moved the ATV round to the right of the town hall, revving the engine and making as much noise as possible to distract the murder wraiths.
OOC Comments
1d8 = 5: 5 smarts trick to shake

Locked

Return to “Adventure Archive”