Swamp Town Library in Avanzada Seca

Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Swamp Town Library in Avanzada Seca

Post by Jareb »

Anyone is welcome to wander in...
Happens before the trail before the burning of the dinosaur.
The Library is cluttered with books of all ilk. It is little wonder how anyone, let alone a celestial angel with a six foot wing span, could find a book in such a place. But perhaps by divine grace Jareb had found the only table and free space to spread out his law books. His baby companion gift was resting easy with her eyes closed in the impromptu cradle Conrad had fashioned on their adventure. While reading Jareb took a moment to muse over how many of his companions seemed to fon over Gift even though he alone was charged on that fateful day with her care. A strange wonder these mortals to be sure.

Reading only could get him so far he needed the perspective of someone who had lived in a land littered with actual law. That is where the lovly Jameson came in and when she did come into the Library he nodded pleasently having seen her furtive looks far too often.

Jareb pointed to the several chairs he had unearthed and gently said not wanting to disturb Gift or the crotchety Librain Moldor Middleman, ” Please Jameson... Have a seat. I had some questions for you that pertain to your life before joining us... I have been apart from the mortal world for much of my life, and in reading these books of law I realized that I need perspective.”

The angel sits down and begins with a small friendly smile, ” Is Jameson your first name? How do the CS laws pertain to children? Was your childhood greatly affected by them?” While waiting for the answer he glances towards old Moldor Middleman with a cocked eye brow unsure if Moldor is going to chastise them for talking.
Attachments
DE5AA9F3-BC1B-463D-82C0-8B247089514B.jpeg
F86DA39B-4897-4945-9532-95EEC66A79C4.jpeg
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8 (d10), Vigor d8, -2 to be hit from range via improved dodge.
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0,PPE:20/9
Combat edges:
  • Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
  • Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
    Natural Leader: Can share bennies with those under his command,
Active Powers and other bonuses:
[/list]
Bennies
5/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good rp
-1 speaking sign language
-2 bennies for swamp
Conrad

Re: Swamp Town Library in Avanzada Seca

Post by Conrad »

Jameson walks in and whistles as she sees the books; this was the first time she had been in the library here and seeing books out in the open and not being hidden away from the authorities made her happy.

She sits down and smiles at Jareb.

"Hi Jareb,"
Jareb wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:07 pm Please Jameson... Have a seat. I had some questions for you that pertain to your life before joining us... I have been apart from the mortal world for much of my life, and in reading these books of law I realized that I need perspective.”
She pushes back her hair as she looks at the angel

"I'm not really a lawyer, though I've seen them in action. Guess the army is close enough with all the rules and regulations. Considering what I had to do, they had to bite the bullet a bit to ensure I was sufficiently literate to carry out my duties."
Jareb wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:07 pm The angel sits down and begins with a small friendly smile, ” Is Jameson your first name? How do the CS laws pertain to children? Was your childhood greatly affected by them?”
Jameson blushed slightly and wished she was wearing her helmet

"Carla, my first name is Carla. I wasn't born exactly in the city itself, more in one of the Burbs. CS laws still apply in the burbs, but it depended on the burb as to whether it was enforced heavily. Some places, it was close to forget about CS laws except ones that got the attention of the military; others, you might as well be inside the city itself.
Then you got the purges; every now and again, the military would roll through a burb; sometimes they would just do a quick search and move on. If something got their attention, then often it got worse. Other times, it was run for your life as they seemed intent on flattening the area. When I joined up, I wanted to find out why they did this. Sometimes, there was a good reason, at least in the eyes of the higher ups; other times, it was to give the troops something to do."
Jareb
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Jareb »

Interesting, it’s as if these mortals have no reason other than to flex their strength.

Jareb flexes his neck slightly preening. The redness in Carla’s face had not gone unnoticed by the at times letcherous angel. He softly keeps up his inquiry trying to both brooch a touchy subject and avoid the ire of the ever watchful librarian. ” Carla, a name for an angel if there ever was one. I must confess after pouring over these books of so called jungle law I wonder how anyone has survived. Even the circumstances you describe seem chaotic at the least.” Jareb smiles tenderly and clasps Clara’s hand with his own, ” How did you survive?”
Jareb Combat data
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8 (d10), Vigor d8, -2 to be hit from range via improved dodge.
Charisma: 0; Pace: 4; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 16(10); Strain: 0,PPE:20/9
Combat edges:
  • Quick- redraw on 5 or less
    Elan
Command edges:
  • Command: +1 to unshake in command radius
    Hold the line: +1 toughness to troops under their command
    Natural Leader: Can share bennies with those under his command,
Active Powers and other bonuses:
[/list]
Bennies
5/3
+1 lucky
+1 high post rate
+1 good rp
-1 speaking sign language
-2 bennies for swamp
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Jameson blushes as Jareb compliments her and she pulls back slightly.

"I...," she hesitates, "I failed. I had hopes, dreams. I wanted something better. Instead..." she pulls on her dog tags, "I gave in, I signed up and did what I didn't want to do."

Return to “Adventure Archive”