For ease-of-reference, the build rules for this thread are repeated below:
Building: The mechanically-minded characters in the group can make use of the materials cache Ford mentioned to build new devices or upgrade old ones. We aren’t going to worry much about the time required to make things (we’re playing a little fast and loose with the downtime), but you do have some parameters:
- Post build rolls for everything you make.
- You can modify existing gear your character already owns or start something from scratch.
- This is all in-character, so everything should have at least some narration (though it need not be much). For an example of how this was done in another game, see this thread: The 1st SET Workshop.
- You have up to 1.5 million credits worth of whatever materials you need for this, so take advantage. Once you foray out of town, this cache will be considered cleaned out, so it’s use it or lose it. Be sure to include the cost of your item in your post.
- If one of you keeps track of the amount of credits spent and the amount you have left, you can have a bonus Benny for doing the accounting work.