Widow Mikkelson's Boarding House

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Widow Mikkelson's Boarding House

Post by Corrigon »

A rickety two storey building with a balcony on the west side of Garnet Town is the home of Widow Mikkelson. This ancient human woman rents out many of the rooms within making her boarding house the only real option for travellers who don't have their own accommodation.
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Widow Mikkelson's Boarding House

Post by Kidemonas »

Walking in and looking around for the D'norr Kidemónas walks up to the older lady running the place.
"Hello mam, I am looking for Symon. Can you tell me what room he is in?
"Or if he has asked for privacy, perhaps tell him one of the adventurers from outside is here to see him. When he asks which one tell him the good looking young man. I think he will know me."
Looks around casually and smiles, not realizing the arrogance in the way he describes himself.
Contingency
If he is unavailable Kid will go find Penny,
If he does not want his room known Kid will find a comfortable spot to sit and relax while he waits for Symon.
If he gets the room number, Kid will confidently head on up.
Notice 4
Notice Roll: [dice]0[/dice]
Notice Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]

Danger Sense Triggered = No
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Symon opened the door to his room on the ground floor as he spotted Kidemonas’ approach. Before he spoke, he took note of Kidemonas’ bracers and smiled broadly.

“An adherent to the mystical arts perhaps? If so, welcome brother!”
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

"Oh, Hello Mr. Symon.
"Would you mind visiting with me for a while. I have many questions about your Federation of Magic, it seams a place I could do well. I also have questions about all this trouble with the Black Market."
Looking around for a comfortable place to sit while they visit. "Perhaps we could have a seat and visit while we discuss these things."
Notice 5

Assumption
Can I assume that as we enter a back and forth conversation the background text dies down a bit, much like in a dialog section of a book, we people just begin to exchange words and ideas?
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Symon seemed a little put out that you didn't answer his question, but shrugged it with a smile.

"Please come in," he gestured inside the room, "please take a seat." He pointed to the only seat in the room, " I am afraid that the room is not designed with guests in mind."

"Now regarding your questions, what exactly would you like to know?" he clapped his hands, "I will start with your second question as that is the one I know the least about and we can get it dealt with quickly. I’m afraid I don’t really know anything about the attacks. The Mayor was hurt in their last raid on the town where I believe one or two people were captured, and alas, my magics don’t include any healing spells. I understand these Black Market ruffians can be quite dangerous. If I were you, I would be very careful tracking them down.”

"Now, what would you like to learn about first? I serve my Lord Alistair Dunscon, the righteous ruler of the Federation of Magic and the City of Brass."
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Notice 5
Notice Roll: [dice]0[/dice] explodes [dice]2[/dice]

"Oh, okay. I do not know much about the black market myself. But my friends did think I should ask you." Taking the seat offered to him Kidemónas looks convinced that he does not know anything.

"So how long have you been here in town. Have you seen any dangerous looking people around here? Or maybe people who look like they don't belong?" After listening to his responses and thinking of what is important to tell his friends Kidemónas turns the conversation to the topic he is actually interested in. Magic, the Federation of Magic and all such matters arcane.

"The Federation of Magic sounds like a good place the way you have offered so much aid to the people here. A lot of the places I go people are hostile as soon as they find out you can use magic. It sounds to me like the Federation of Magic is the kind of place where someone like us could fit in without people trying to kill us." Looking at him trying to sense if he is hiding anything Kidemónas asks. "So a magic user like me would be welcomed with open arms there or will they turn out to be just like the Coalition men trying to kill me or the Barge people trying to enslave me?"

Considering the things he has heard from other about the Federation and wanting to hear if Syman has a counter point he asks. “You know I have been told by some people that the people in the Federation of Magic are known for some terrible things.

“Enslaving non magic users, willing acceptance of necromancy, summoning demons like Tolkien did, and many other things.”
Pausing for a breath and focus on his responses Kidemónas asks. “So if I did some of these things would I be allowed to stay? Do you and your master Lord Dunscan do these things?”
Last edited by Kidemonas on Sat May 27, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: posts for games

Post by Corrigon »

"Oh, okay. I do not know much about the black market myself. But my friends did think I should ask you." Taking the seat offered to him Kidemónas looks convinced that he does not know anything.

"So how long have you been here in town. Have you seen any dangerous looking people around here? Or maybe people who look like they don't belong?"

Symon smiled at Kidemónas, resting his chin into his hand;
“I arrived about a week ago, not long after that black suited one arrived. It appears that both of our people have identified that Garnet Town is an important fulcrum in the region. Mayor Lithari has been most insistent that the two of us stay apart and any violence would result in either or both of us being ejected from town.

As for the current predicament besetting Garnet Town, most of the attacks and disappearances have been outside of town so I have not seen any of the attacks. Even the last attack on town where Mayor Lithari was injured happened so quickly that by the time I went outside, the raid was already over and the Brodkil gone. I can’t imagine why the Black Market would be interested in this place though.”

After listening to his responses and thinking of what is important to tell his friends Kidemónas turns the conversation to the topic he is actually interested in. Magic, the Federation of Magic and all such matters arcane.

"The Federation of Magic sounds like a good place the way you have offered so much aid to the people here. A lot of the places I go people are hostile as soon as they find out you can use magic. It sounds to me like the Federation of Magic is the kind of place where someone like us could fit in without people trying to kill us." Looking at him trying to sense if he is hiding anything Kidemónas asks. "So a magic user like me would be welcomed with open arms there or will they turn out to be just like the Coalition men trying to kill me or the Barge people trying to enslave me?"

“A fellow magic user such as yourself would be welcomed with open arms within the true Federation of Magic. It is a haven, a home and an opportunity for all magic users and for people unwanted by the Coalition States. You would have to swear allegiance but that is a small price to pay for your freedom is it not.

“The Splugorth Slavers are not welcome in the Magic Zone,” he spat, “nor are the Coalition States. They are both blights on our world. They attempt to prey on us and we fight back, a fact that they don't like as they expect us to roll over and die as we apparently shouldn't be here. It is our home as much as it is there.”
Considering the things he has heard from other about the Federation and wanting to hear if Syman has a counter point he asks. “You know I have been told by some people that the people in the Federation of Magic are known for some terrible things.

“Enslaving non-magic users, willing acceptance of necromancy, summoning demons like Tolkeen did, and many other things.” Pausing for a breath and focus on his responses Kidemónas asks. “So if I did some of these things would I be allowed to stay? Do you and your master Lord Dunscan do these things?”
“The Magic Zone is a lot of things to a lot of people. We accept everybody, even those persecuted for their beliefs in other areas for the magic that they can use.
They can all have a part to play to protect ourselves from the tyranny of the Coalition States. Not everything that magic users can do sits well with everybody but is that any different from what technology can do.

But then we are demonised for our existence. Is what we do so terrible when we are defending ourselves from a group determined to wipe us out. Just look at what happened at Tolkeen. They will be avenged.

As you interested in Necromancy and summoning and how we might react to them, is that the type of magic that you are trained in?"
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Notice 7
Notice Roll: [dice]0[/dice] explodes [dice]2[/dice]

I forgot to explode my notice on last post also so I will edit it with an explosion.

Danger Sense Triggered = Yes
"I am interested in all forms of magic. I will be the greatest mage ever. But it will take me a little time, and on the way I must learn everything." Deciding it is best to qualify his statements Kidemónas adds in what to a perceptive person is the voice of someone repeating something he was told more that an actual conviction. "But I would not actually use evil magic, I would just learn it so I could know it and understand it.
"You ask about my training, but unfortunately it was interrupted, so I still have some to learn. You see I traveled with a wise man for a time and he trained me in what he could. But he was taken before he could teach me all he knew.
"You see that is why I always want to talk to fellow practitioners, I believe we may be able to learn from each other."

Kidemónas realizes that he is talking more about himself than he is learning he turns the conversation back to his other interest. "So tell me why is it when I say Federation of Magic, you say True Federation of Magic? Is there some sort of divide, what is the difference between the two?"
OOC Comments
I figure Kidemónas is not a skilled interrogator/interviewer and would not realize that Symon did not actually answer his question, or think to rephrase it. Unfortunately when he reports back I do not believe he will have been as useful as the other may be without their skills.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Kidemónas wrote:
"I am interested in all forms of magic. I will be the greatest mage ever. But it will take me a little time, and on the way I must learn everything." Deciding it is best to qualify his statements Kidemónas adds in what to a perceptive person is the voice of someone repeating something he was told more that an actual conviction. "But I would not actually use evil magic, I would just learn it so I could know it and understand it.
"You ask about my training, but unfortunately it was interrupted, so I still have some to learn. You see I traveled with a wise man for a time and he trained me in what he could. But he was taken before he could teach me all he knew.
"You see that is why I always want to talk to fellow practitioners, I believe we may be able to learn from each other."

"Interesting, you wish to learn all manner of Magic, but how would you learn something without actually casting it? Perhaps when I am successful here, you should return with me to the City of Brass. There you will have the opportunity to learn all manner of magics answer decide for yourself. "
Kidemónas realizes that he is talking more about himself than he is learning he turns the conversation back to his other interest. "So tell me why is it when I say Federation of Magic, you say True Federation of Magic? Is there some sort of divide, what is the difference between the two?"

"There are some who claim to be members of the Federation of Magic, but all they do is use our reputation to protect themselves without doing anything to help the people of the Magic Zone. The True Federation serves the ideals of the Federation and works to protect magic users from the oppression of the Coalition States.
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

"I think I would enjoy going there." Kidemónas gets a slightly distant look in his eyes as he imagines all the amazing things he could see in an entire town dedicated to magic, it may not be a realistic view, but he is young.
"I agree I don't think people who are not willing to contribute should be able to claim safety in your territory or right to your tittles. I never knew they did that. I will be sure to use the correct term from now on." Thinking about a solution Kidemónas offers the best he has. "Maybe if you told them they had to contribute or leave they would would become better members of the True Federation of Magic.
"These things are pretty complicated I should talk to Penny about it. She is very wise and can help me understand some of it."

Notice 10
Kidemónas Notice Roll: [dice]0[/dice] explode [dice]2[/dice] explode again [dice]3[/dice]

OOC Comments
As of yet, I do not think Kidemónas realizes what he would be endorsing or the gravity of heavy politics. Most of the skills imparted to him by his mother were magic and combat related. While he is developing a strong sense of justice from mentors and mother. I am thinking it is not matured enough for him to understand the totalitarian approach he would be endorsing.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

"If I might suggest, use this symbol on your clothing to show everyone you meet that you understand the difference between the True Federation of Magic and The false members. "
OOC Comments
If you let him, he magically draws a symbol onto your clothes where the left breast pocket would be.
You don't sense any danger
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Arcane Knowledge 10
Kidemónas Knowledge (Arcana): [dice]0[/dice] explodes [dice]4[/dice]
Knowledge Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
To understand the spell he began using.
Even without it triggering his natural defenses Kidemónas is repulsed by the idea of being branded like cattle, the very idea of anyone using magic on him without permission making it all the worse.

He quickly reaches out and grabs Symon's wrist, pushing it away and in a voice with authority he has not used before clearly says, as a deep baritone resonance grows. "I am not cattle Symon, do not place your mark on me. To do such a thing would create a divide between us that could not be bridged."

Standing and trying to settle himself Kidemónas says. "I think I will go now. Thank you for answering my questions and being so helpful." Then thinking perhaps to smooth things a little with the man as he had been so helpful, but struggling with his anger Kidemónas adds. "I am sorry things took such as strong turn in the conversation."

Heading to the door Kidemónas starts attempting to calm his nerves. For this mortal mage to try and mark him like a horse or a dog, the more he thinks of it the more his anger builds as he finds himself not getting calmer at all and instead fuming. He is a dragon, a dragon, spawned from the very eternal chaos as the old ones, and this mortal was going to brand him like a pet. Nicholas told him not to let his temper run so hot and it is better to control it, but Kidemónas would bet willing to be no-one had ever branded Nicholas like cattle.
Notice 11
Kidemónas Notice Roll: [dice]2[/dice]
Notice Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]
explodes [dice]5[/dice]

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Symon bowed as Kidemonas left.

"I am sure we will speak together again soon. Take care my brother."
GM bennies 6/8
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

As Heracles knocked on the Widow Mikkelson’s door, a few minutes passed as Heracles could hear the slow shuffling of steps down the stairs before a frail, ancient woman opened the door.
“Yes young sir?” she asked, her voice old and weak, but her eyes more alert, “are you interested in a room?”
GM bennies 6/8
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles smiled at the old woman with a hint of uncertainty. "Hello!" He hesitated. "I saw someone watching us from one of the windows above. I wanted to make sure that all was well and no aid was required? Or perhaps there someone wished to impart information to us?" He shrugged his shoulders. "Then again, perhaps they were just curious about what was going on. I know not, but wanted to verify before we left. If there is aught I can do for you or whichever guest that might have been, I am happy to do so."

Now that he was there, he was feeling a bit foolish for having come over just for seeing someone in a window watching them.
Notice, +2 Olfactory
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 15/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

The old woman smiled at him, her eyes peering deep into him

"Oh, you shouldn't feel nervous about coming over to speak to an old woman. Everything is fine here. I wanted to say to be careful out there."
GM bennies 6/8
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles let out a small laugh. "Nervous? Me? Almost never!"

He gave a sniff as she spoke. Then he nodded. "I see. I appreciate that very much. I will definitely let my comrades know of your kind wishes for us."
OOC Comments
Notice: 4 (+2 if Olfactory comes in to play)

Sniffing the old lady and the boarding house (I've smelt Symon before): 14
Psychic Sense Notice roll: [dice]2[/dice]
Notice Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]
Wild Die Explosion: [dice]4[/dice]
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Heracles wrote:Heracles let out a small laugh. "Nervous? Me? Almost never!"

He gave a sniff as she spoke. Then he nodded. "I see. I appreciate that very much. I will definitely let my comrades know of your kind wishes for us."
OOC Comments
Notice: 4 (+2 if Olfactory comes in to play)
Notice Roll: [dice]14849:0[/dice]
Notice Wild Die: [dice]14849:1[/dice]

Sniffing the old lady and the boarding house (I've smelt Symon before): 14
Psychic Sense Notice roll: [dice]14849:2[/dice]
Notice Wild Die: [dice]14849:3[/dice]
Wild Die Explosion: [dice]14849:4[/dice]
OOC Comments
There is no sense of anything supernatural about the Widow Mikkelson.

However, with your abilities acting on overdrive, you do sense something in the air, a general sense of magic permeating the town, but it is stale like it used to be very noticeable and is now fading away
GM bennies 6/8
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles gave the woman a nod, and turned to head back to his friends, feeling very foolish and trying to hide it.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

And so, walking along with at least some of the others, Savant arrives at the boarding house, knocking on the door. If someone opens it, she smiles. "Hello, is Symon in? My friends and I would like to talk to him."
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
Freya Kay

Post by Freya Kay »

Freya won't go, staying behind to talk to the townspeople about the Tomorrow Legion and their ethos.
Freya Kay -
Techno-Wizard
  • PPE (20): Used 8
  • Arcane Machinist (half Smarts - 6 session): Used 0
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d4 (+2 environment by armor)
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 (+d6 running); Parry: 2; Toughness: 8 (4); Strain: 0; Max PPE: 20
Notice (Smarts) d8 (+2 to sight-based with TW Magic Optic System)
Adventure Deck Card:
Karma Thief: Take a benny from any other Wild Card (this may include other player characters).
Bennies: 4
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles gives a nod to the group that is staying behind, but he himself turns and heads towards the Widow's Boarding House along with Savant and whomever else is coming. He speaks quietly to Savant, "He is a powerful magic user I think. We should tread carefully until we know for certain if he is our quarry." He wonders if Symon might have run off by now if he was indeed the culprit.

He frowns, gives the air a sniff to see if he can tell how close Symon is, since he has 'smelled' him before.
OOC Comments
Normal Notice: 4 (+2 for olfactory).
Notice die [dice]0[/dice], Wild die [dice]1[/dice].

Psychic Sense specifically: 14 (not sure the +2 to Notice checks as a Crazy apply or not).
Notice die [dice]2[/dice], Wild die [dice]3[/dice], Notice ace [dice]4[/dice].
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

You can smell Symon's scent around the area, but it is not fresh and possibly at least an hour old.

There is no answer to your knock. It would appear that nobody is home.
GM bennies 6/8
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice [dice]0[/dice]
wild notice [dice]1[/dice]

I guess we are just posting stuff here or do you want it kept in 2 areas?

moving this to the town area
Last edited by Ximena on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Only ìf you are going over to the boarding house
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant consider the locked door and the old scent. "Most of them are probably at the celebration." She steps back. "Do you know which room is his?" Windows will be cheaper to replace the a door....
Savant
Stat Block
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Savant wrote:Savant consider the locked door and the old scent. "Most of them are probably at the celebration." She steps back. "Do you know which room is his?" Windows will be cheaper to replace the a door....
Kidemónas answers Savant's question. "Oh yes, he was staying in this room here when i visited earlier." as he points with his claws which room the mage was staying in.
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

She smiles. "Excellent! Would you give me a boost up to the window, Kidemonas, so I can enter that way, and we can examine his room?" Assuming he obliges her, she uses her Vibro-Sword to let herself in if the window is shuttered, or her armored fist if it is merely glass on a wood frame.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Savant wrote:She smiles. "Excellent! Would you give me a boost up to the window, Kidemonas, so I can enter that way, and we can examine his room?" Assuming he obliges her, she uses her Vibro-Sword to let herself in if the window is shuttered, or her armored fist if it is merely glass on a wood frame.
Stretching his wing out like a step Kidemonas lifts Savant up to access the window. "Okay, but be careful, he has a lot of magic and could have booby trapped the room."
Once Savant is in the room Kidemonas moves his head through the window so observe everything she is doing to see if he can learn from how she searches.
Notice 3, fail
As usual i forgot to roll Notice at the start of the scene.
Kidemónas Notice Roll: [dice]0[/dice]
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles gives a nod when the room is pointed out. He goes to the room with Savant and the Kidragon, taking a few good long sniffs. He makes sure it's the one he remembers. Then he begins to see if he can follow the 'trail' left by it. "Are you two going to look through Symon's room? I was going to try and track him down." He gives his nose a rub, making a small noise. He doesn't like the way Symon's supernatural trail smells.
OOC Comments
Tracking: 7.
Tracking die [dice]0[/dice], Wild die [dice]1[/dice].

Notice: 15 (+2 olfactory).
Notice die [dice]2[/dice], Wild die [dice]3[/dice], Notice ace [dice]4[/dice].
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

"Yes, I wanted to see if he left anything behind. We should confront him together; I promise, this should not take long--and if there are any papers, I will need one of you two to read them for me." With that, she begins searching the room, methodically and carefully. If Symon has an hour's lead, a few more minutes shouldn't make a difference.
Notice 9
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Kidemonas points to a room on the first floor, that he is able to hoist Savant up to the window for her to smash the window open. Slipping inside, the room is completely quiet and even using your Altaran senses, the room is empty of anything that wasn’t normally in a bedroom, even any papers. It would seem Symon packed thoroughly and then left.

Heracles starts tracking his scent. It is at least an hour old, but sniffing the Mage’s scent leads him north out of the town. As you pass Lieutenant Cornell’s camp, his sensor unit has been blatantly attacked and destroyed.
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

As they reach the tent, Savant gets on the radio to Mica, Freya, White Hoof and Penny. "Symon has definitely gone on the run--he must have known we'd be looking for him when we talked to the hostages. Furthermore, his trail led Heracles directly to Cornell's tent, and all the equipment there was smashed. I think this is sufficient circumstantial evidence for an all-hands approach, Commander Pennywise. I was at Tolkeen when it fell, and I've seen the sorts of horrors warlocks with their backs to the wall will come up with. If you four can bring the vehicle along the road out of the north side of town, you can pick us up as we move."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

[Notice Held from Failure in this scene already]

Kidemonas looks around the room with his head and neck through the window seeing what the others are seeing and noting Savant's and Heracles' observations. "So the wizard was the leader. His actions ar proving his previous words of The True Federation of Magic to be lies. Let's find him see what he has to say for himself.
"But honestly it is a bit of a bummer really. I was hoping for a challenge and a human Wizard cannot really be expected to provide a challenge for us."
Kidemonas sighs a bit out of disappointment from not being able to fight the robot and now the bad guy is only a tiny D'norr.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

As Heracles begins looking around town for further sign of strangeness, he remembers some strange behaviour around the boarding house previously.

OOC Comments
Can I have some tracking or notice rolls please with -2 penalty
GM bennies 6/8
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

OOC Comments
Here's both, and you can choose whichever is most appropriate (but tracking and then also just general notice check is likely).

Notice d8+2 (+2 with smell)

Tracking d6+4
Tracking die [dice]2[/dice], Wild die [dice]3[/dice].
Heracles looked around and sniffed at the air a bit as he wandered to see what he could see about the town. He hoped to find something.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

OOC Comments
Taking into account the previous post where you play your adventure card
Heracles drifted around town, trying to pick up an unusual scents Luckily, the nexus is a mile away, so his senses are as messed up as they would be closer. The old decaying scent that he had sensed before was mostly gone, but by making a concentrated effort, he can sense something else now that the old pervasive scent was gone. Following his nose, he is led to the rear of the Boarding House and after some scratching around, you uncover a sigil like the ones in the farmhouse. This one is etched into a rock at the foundation of the Boarding House and still active with power, but only barely.

As you look at it, you hear somebody drop something on the floor.

"Oh!" an elderly, but still strong voice says. Turning around, you see the elderly Widow Mikkelson, with a basket of clothes lying strewn on the floor and covering her mouth.

Just at that moment, Savant and Sula arrive, deciding to ask the Widow Mikkelson if she recognised the man in Sula's vision.
GM bennies 6/8
Sula

Post by Sula »

Sula looks startled as they arrive to find a basket of clothes tumbled on the floor. She thought the others were well known here. She takes half a step back behind Savant just in case it is Heracles not so human features that startled the woman.
Sula
Race: Monokeri
Iconic Framework: Mystic
Attributes: Agility d4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6+2; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;
  • Danger Sense
  • Improved Rapid Recharge (PPE) = 1 every 15 minutes
Bennies 1/3
PPE: 23/35;
Staff PPE: 10/10
ISP: 20/20

1 on skill die for technology = malfunction

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Peace - Improve reaction by one step if not true enemy
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant turns her head as Sula ducks back, tilts it curiously, then looks back to the Widow. "Hello, Widow Mikkelson. May we help you with that? We have a few questions, and thought you might be able to help us out. I don't think you've met our newest member--this is Sula." Dropping her voice to a completely unsubtle stage-whisper, she adds, "She says she's not a unicorn."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

She looks a little flustered; looking briefly at Savant and Sula as they speak.

“he…ll..o” she stammers out a greeting to them, but her gaze does not leave Heracles or more accurately, what he has uncovered.

A couple of the kids (one boy and one girl, around 9 or 10) staying at the guest house rush out and begin picking up the dropped basket and clothes. It’s the first time you’ve seen them outside not in a pack.
OOC Comments
Notice roll -2 or knowledge battle roll
Success – you realise that despite them picking up the clothes, they are positioned between the Widow Mikkelson and the rest of you.
Raise – A couple of the other kids are at the window on the landing inside the house, looking down on the conversation
No bonuses for scent
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

OOC Comments
-2 from modifier, +4 from edge/IF
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]
Savant grins at the two children. "Good for you, young warriors. You move tactically, to protect what is important to you." She crouches. "Well done. I assure you, though, that none of us mean the good Widow any harm; indeed, it would violate every principle of hospitality to attack our own landlady. Sula and I were merely hoping to see if she recognized someone who may have been traveling through this town recently."

Glancing over at the spot where Heracles was working at. "Did you find something?"
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Sula

Post by Sula »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
She smiles softly at the kids but then follows the widow's gaze and frowns a bit. She walks toward it activating her Blessed Sight (Detect Arcana) as she nears it. "What have you found?" she asks of Heracles, figuring this might be rather important to deal with now. They probably want to know more of what is in their home before wondering about some vision.
Sula
Charisma: -4 to Simvan; Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 5; +1 from Staff Toughness: 11(Armor 5);
Skills: Mysticism d10 + 1 (Staff); Psionics d8; Fighting d4; Knowledge (Medicine) d6; Knowledge (Arcana) d4; Shooting d4; Notice d4 +2; Climbing d4; Healing d6+2; Persuasion d4; Stealth d4; Survival d4 +2 for North America; Common Knowledge North America d8 +2; Streetwise North America d4;
  • Danger Sense
Bennies 1/3

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Tale Teller - Tell a story and then roll Persuasion. If sux, listeners become friendly and try to help the party,
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles found his way to the boarding house once - and for a moment, he thought things might be coming around full circle. When he had pretty much first arrived in town, he had come to the boarding house as well, but had been distracted by the Federation of Magic representative and then events that came after. This time, he vowed, he would try not to be distracted.

He paused, settled in a crouch, as he stared at the familiar-looking sigil. Without looking up, he answered the pestering questions of his two allies, "A sigil. Just like at the farmhouse." He slowly raised his eyes to lock on to the Widow. "Tell me about it please. Now." He made no threatening moves nor did he move from the spot he was at. He merely stared at the widow and sniffed at her to see if she had a supernatural scent.
Notice stuff
Notice (not for the children, but scent at the widow +4 and general notice +2) = 11 total (9 for general notice).
Lame. Benny re-roll: Notice die [dice]2[/dice], Wild die [dice]3[/dice].
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Tome of Destiny Interlude

Post by Corrigon »

Sula is shown the sigil carved into the foundation of the Boarding House. The sigil is not exactly the same as the one in the farmhouse, but it is certainly from the same alphabet and is still magically active.
OOC Comments
Common knowledge check for Sula – success – you recognise the sigil – not exactly what it means, but you know it is a Norse sigil. You have learnt some worshipping Eir.
Raise – It is the sigil for protection
As Sula and Savant show the Widow Mikkelson the image of the man, she closes her eyes and sighs, holding her hand over her mouth. “oh god,” she mutters under her breath. The two kids maintain their protective deployment until she ushers them away.

“Go on,” she tells the two kids, “It’s alright. I’ll be fine.” The kids pick up the basket and clothes, but maintain their vigil from a distance.
OOC Comments
Notice - each child holds a hand over the other wrist while they wait.
Raise – they are touching a tattoo of a sword on

“Sorry, they have become quite protective of me since they moved in.” she smiles at them, “I’m not sure why. I appreciate the help around the place, but I wish they would go out and act like the other kids sometimes. Von is the only one I’ve seen them talk to...” She stops talking as she realises she's blathering.

“I’m sorry, I’m deflecting your questions. Can I have a moment to compose myself please? It’s been a long while since I have seen him and even longer since I have spoken about this.”

She sits down on a bench in the open yard at the side of the house, taking a moment to compose herself, with a few deep breaths before speaking again.

“I know him; have done since the flower of my youth, even before Mayor Lithari and her late husband arrived here.”
OOC Comments
(you estimate the Widow to be approximately late sixties, early seventies)
“I was quite the stunner when I was younger and …” she pauses, lost in thought for a moment, a coy smile appearing on her face, “well; you’ve seen what he looks like.”
OOC Comments
(Heracles and Sula can tell she still holds herself with poise and grace, at least for a human)
“I never knew where he lived, but we met out in the woods. I was attacked by something; an Ashmedei or maybe something like that he called it. It has been a long time. Wrestled it down and managed to kill with his bare hands. He made sure I was safe. Mostly, we would meet out of town; the people here thought I was flighty, given to whimsy out in the woods, but it was the two of us and I felt free. He would occasionally meet me here, in the moonlight. The first … no, second time he was here, I found him carving that Sigil into the foundation. Something to keep you safe he said. Honestly, I haven’t given that rock a thought for years. I never saw it do anything."

"I would occasionally ask him what he did, where he went when we weren’t together, but he kept his secrets. Eventually, I couldn’t stand that anymore. He knew almost everything about me and I knew almost nothing. We argued on this a few times and eventually, he stopped being around. I know that he would occasionally be out by the quarry and I hung around there a few times hoping to see him.” She laughed a little, shaking her head as she did so.

“A silly little girl I can see that nowadays. Of course, that was where I met my husband, working there and working around that device we’ve never known what it did.” She stopped again and sighed, "but my love life isn’t why you are here. I didn’t see him for many years and life moves on; children, now grandchildren and the passing of my dear late husband. It was after that was the last time I saw him; only a few years ago. He looked battered and bruised as if he had been in a fight, but full of life; perhaps more because he’d seen me again.” She reaches up to her face and rubbed a few of the wrinkles, “no longer the flower he once knew. He made a promise to me that he would keep us safe as long as he could. I laughed at that; Garnet Town was always safe until recently. Now I wonder if that was because of him; with all the Brodkil and demons and Coalition Forces bothering us nowadays.
The thing is, apart from a few scrapes, cuts and bruises, he never looked any different in all the time I knew him. Not even a grey hair, skin always flawless.

Silly me, I have been telling you all this, but I didn’t even tell you his name. He told me his name was Fandran.”
GM bennies 6/8
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Notice 4, Knowledge Arcana 3, Detect Arcana 8 examining the symbols and the children

Knowledge Arcana/Common Knowledge Roll: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]3[/dice]

Spellcasting Roll: [dice]4[/dice]
Wild Die: [dice]5[/dice]
Ace [dice]6[/dice]
Listening to the story Kidemonas thinks that it sounds really cool. "That is really romantic. I bet he was a dragon in disguise, we can be incredibly romantic and he must of liked you a lot.
"Oh, maybe he was a fairy prince and had come to try life of a mortal?" In his head Kidemonas begins filling in imaginary details for the mysterious man. As his mind starts racing he looks around summoning his new arcane sight to examine the area and the symbols. Bet there is magic all around here.
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Tome of Destiny Interlude

Post by Heracles »

Notice
+2 to Notice (+2 if smell counts)
Heracles thought it was cute that the children tried to pro - wait...those were the True Atlantean children with the magic tattoos. Hmm. He still didn't know much about them or what those tattoos could do. They might actually be capable of defending someone. It was a bit odd how much they had gravitated towards the widow like they had. He certainly hoped it wasn't some sort of evil witch enchanting children like in the myths and tales. The children seemed so traumatized already.

He listened to what the Widow had to say. It was not a short story, though she definitely left things out. It was clear there were emotions fraught in the telling and the memories - but that didn't necessarily mean she was telling the truth. Still, he tried to give people the benefit of the doubt - except Kidemonas. He thought everything was about dragons, of course.

"Interesting. So this...Fandran...he was a magic-user of some sort but you don't know what kind? And you think he might have been keeping the town safe. Hmm." He shook his head. "A lab, though. It would have to be not too far I would guess for Sula's vision to warn us, yes? Or is that not how they work?"
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

"Maybe he's living in my cave? We should go check and see if he's living in a cave.

"Maybe he just forgot where she lives and we could show him the way here?
Vivian Parker

Post by Vivian Parker »

Vivian Notice 15
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Ace [dice]5[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Vivian Common Knowledge 4
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

The house was rather nondescript, but it wasn’t run down or anything. Vivan walked up and knocked. When no one answered, she paused and listened. She thought she heard someone out back.

Viv walked around the house. The black of her armor seemed to soak up the sunlight, and she walked with almost preternatural silence.

“Hello?” the young thief called out as she rounded the corner.

And nearly ran into the tail end of a dragon!

“Holy fucking hells!” Vivian exclaimed, leaping back.

Conditions
Vivian Character Sheet
Parry: 9; Toughness: 17 (6)
Acrobat: +2 nimbleness Agility rolls
Brawny: Load limit Str x 8
Connections (Black Market)
Elan:+2 on benny rolls
I Know a Guy
Scrounger
Strong Willed: +2 vs Tests of Will
Bennies: 4/4
Pistol Ammo: 20; 2 x 20 reloads
Rifle Ammo: 60; 2 x 60 reloads
Armor: 10/10 PP
Adventure Card:
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
  • Bullseye!: Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Danger Sense
Elan: +2 on benny rolls
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Bennies: 5/4
Rifle Ammo: 59; 2 x 60 reloads
Adventure Card:
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Speedy Gonzalez: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Sula

Post by Sula »

OOC Comments
Common Knowledge [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Notice [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]3[/dice]
She tilts her head curiously at the children then back at the symbol. "It is Norse. Like Eir. It seems no coincidence that I have been brought here." She smiles as she listens to the story but after a bit it falters a little as she realizes the guy must be really friggen old if he courted the widow in her youth. Her smile fades and turns to a frown as the quarry is mentioned. She decides to answer Kidemonas first. "I'm not sure he would stick around in a place that was obviously being cleared for something even if he had been there before but it probably doesn't hurt to look there first before we go elsewhere in search of him."

Then to Heracles, "Really the visions could be anywhere. I traveled far to find you guys. However, if the man kept around here it is likely that this lab is close by. Eir wants him saved."

Then she sighs, "I seem to have made a mistake in thinking the visions I had were unrelated. The quarry with the weird device was in it. It appears I should relay all of them now though I wish the rest of the group were here for it. Penny is in one of them.

All of the visions were each a flash of an image more than a coherent story. The first was Fandran. The second was a wooded clearing in the dark, perhaps where you met him. The third was the quarry with a collapsed path and the device in a clearing.

Next was Penny and a tall lizardman wearing robes in a standoff. The lizard is glaring down at Penny.
Then came a gloomy eerie graveyard with gravestones made of sticks.
Then a mirror taller than any of us, well except Kidemonas of course. The frame is very ornate and it looks really heavy.
Then a drawing of a bearded man with a lot of muscles in well I guess they are clothes. They seem little more than a loincloth.
Next was a flash of a mound of earth in the middle of a wide open grassy plain.
Followed by Traitor to Tolkeen written in blue blood on a wooden wall.
The last one was a flash of a worn set of dog tags with the letters FB on one side barely visible."

She rubs the back of her neck. "I'll try not to get focused on one part of a series of visions if it happens again in the future."

Then she blinks at the voice saying 'Holy fucking hells!' "Ah, oh, hello." Peering around the dragon to try to see the person.
Sula
  • Danger Sense
Bennies 1/3

Powers
Gear

Adventure Cards -
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant listens to the stream of visions. "Interesting. Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a D-Bee species that bleeds blue? I've heard the term 'blue-blood', but apparently that's not the actual color that comes out of high-born humans."

Then she jerks her head around. "We have company?"
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

OOC Comments
This is the exact image Sula saw of the bearded man, i.e. comic book drawing and all
hercules.gif
GM bennies 6/8
Vivian Parker

Post by Vivian Parker »

Notice 4
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 6
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Fear roll on seeing a dragon 5
Spirit [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Vivian caught her breath and put a hand to her chest. “Fuck, he’s big!” she said, staring up at the dragon. One didn’t see dragons flying around the Burbs.

Viv looked at the others as they noticed her. “Hullo. Sorry to interrupt,” the young woman in black armor said. “I’m Viv Parker. Legion brass sent me. I’m supposed to hook up with the Third. Just stopped by to get a room and drop off my gear,” she hooked a thumb at the pack on her back, “before I check in with a Governor Wise.”

Conditions
Vivian Character Sheet
I Know a Guy
Scrounger
Adventure Card:
  • Parley: All characters cease fighting and listen to the hero speak for at least 30 seconds. Others may only take defensive actions during this time. This has no effect on beasts and other creatures that cannot understand the speaker.
  • Bullseye!: Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful ranged attack.
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Danger Sense
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Adventure Card:
  • In the Zone: Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Speedy Gonzalez: Expend this card to gain +2 to your Pace for the rest of the scene.
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

The eyeless woman with the multi-colored Mohawk and the obvious M.O.M. implants smiles at Viv. "A pleasure to meet you, Viv. I am Savant, this is Sula, and the mighty dragon is called Kidemonas. We're all part of the 3rd SET. Our you our new tech? I believe Penny is tuning up the vehicles at the motor pool, if you need to catch up to her, that would probably be the best place to do so."

The woman's head tilts for a moment, then she nods again. "Yes, that is where she is at, along with another of our team, Mica. You may as well get introduced all at once. Welcome to the team. We're just investigating the possible capture of an immortal, ageless being by party or parties unknown."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Kidemonas hears the explanation of how big he is a smiles. Turning to face the newcomer he is about to respond when Savant again compliments him. ‘Perhaps this is better than chasing off in the woods,’ he thinks to himself before saying. “Yes, I am Kidemonas.” then reaching out with his hand he offers to shake hands with the humanoid.

Taking in a deep smell he notes. “I don’t recognize you, are you new here?” Then hearing her explanation of needing to find Penny he gets a little excited to have something to do again and adds. “I can help you find Penny.”

Then thinking a bit more he realizes that would mean he misses out on the hunt and the chance to get someone to go see his cave. Meh, whatever no one else was interested in the cave anyways.

Kidemonas flies the newcomer over and tells Penny what he is doing.
OOC Comments
Wow, that is a flash back. i used to love the 80s and 90s Avengers
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

The large Dog Boy Crazy stood up from where he'd been crouching a short distance away. Savant had been kind of enough to save him for last, and let him introduce himself. He gave a wide smile and his voice boomed out, "And, last but certainly not least, I am the mighty Heracles, reborn! Welcome to the 3rd SET, new friend Viv Parker! It is a pleasure to meet you! What skills and knowledges do you bring to our sorted motley crew?" He stepped forward with one arm outstretched for a warrior's grasp.

He gave her a discreet sniff as well to see if she was supernatural, or possessing of any magic or psionics.
Notice 8 on Viv
Notice +4 to detect supernatural.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Vivian Parker

Post by Vivian Parker »

Notice 3
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 6
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Vivian studied the mohawked, eyeless woman. Shit, she’d heard about things like her before. Altarans. They were bogey men told to her by some of the families she’d briefly lived with growing up in the Burbs. Eyeless horrors who stole naughty children. Nobody said they were pretty hot, though, and she’d never met one with M.O.M.s. The Black Market had a few crazies working for them, though he’d learned to steer clear of them. They were off their rockers.

“Savant, Sula, Kidemenos.” Viv repeated their names to confer them to memory. “I guess I’m a tech. I’m fairly handy with computers. Though my specialty is...acquisitions. I don’t know anything about immortal, ageless beings.”

Viv flinched a bit when the dragon extended his claw. Apparently he wanted to...shake hands? Tentatively she reached out and grasped one of the sharp claws very carefully. “Nice to meet you, Kidemenos. Damn, that’s a mouthful. Mind if I call you Kid? Or is that demeaning? I don’t want to offend. You could, like, eat me in one bite. Maybe Menos?”

Viv shook the hand of the dogboy crazy next. She’d gotten used to seeing dogboys in Coalition patrols through the Burbs. Skelebots were used more, but when the authorities needed to track someone, the dogboys were called in. She’d learned a right proper fear of them, and ways to mask her scent so they couldn’t track her.

“Nice to meet you, Heracles,” Viv said. He didn’t get any whiff of supernatural from her, but he did smell cyberware, though it wasn’t visible. “I’m good with computers, and I’m good at getting in and out of places I’m not supposed to be. I’m a thief.”

Then suddenly Viv was scooped up in the dragon’s claws. She yelped in surprise and fight and tried to wriggle around to get at her vibrosword or ion pistol, but soon they were in the air. They flew a short distance and the dragon landed again, putting her down behind what looked like a garage.
OOC Comments
Move on to Garage thread, I guess? Feel free to respond here, too, if needed, before she leaves.
Conditions
Vivian Character Sheet
I Know a Guy
Scrounger
Adventure Card:
Character Tracking
Vivian Character Sheet
Danger Sense
I Know a Guy
Marksman
Scrounger
Adventure Card:
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant waves good-bye to Viv and Kidemonas. "Enjoy the trip! Kidemonas, I think we'll be going to the quarry, next, if either or both of you wants to catch up to us there; after that, maybe we can all have a quick cave-warming party." With that, she turns to Sula and Heracles. "Shall we go to the quarry, next? The device there is fascinating, and perhaps we can discern its function." She smiles at the Widow as she starts to head off, hopefully with the other two in tow. "Do not worry--we shall do all we can to find your lost beau." It would take a skilled observer to identify the facial contortion that follows as being the eyeless version of a wink.
OOC Comments
Heracles and Sula can both post here before heading over to the Quarry, if you like.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles shook his head and let out a long sigh. He spoke over the coms to the young dragon. "Kidemonas? I believe that was a tiny bit of a breach of proper etiquette, what is called 'rude', to snatch someone up before they are ready, and also to fly them off while they are engaged in a conversation with other people." Small pause. "Just in case you were not aware."

He glanced at Savant and gave a shrug. "That is fine. I do not mind accompanying you and Sula."
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Returning Kidemonas lands beside Savant again. "Okay, so what are we looks at rock farms for? Maybe there is an elemental or something?"

Curious what could possibly be so exciting about a hole where humans farm rocks.
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Kidemonas hears his name mentioned over the radio. “Sorry, I just had to see if anyone else needed a ride there.

“I will grab your pack and then be on my way.”
Going in to Savant’s room Kidemonas grabs her pack and makes sure it tools in it. Then going back outside he returns to his true form and picks up those who needed a ride, flying out instantly to catch up with the crew.

Return to “Garnett Town”