Garnet Town Wall and Gate

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Garnet Town Wall and Gate

Post by Corrigon »

The Wall and gate
Garnet Town is built along the banks of the river, using the swift and deep river flow to their advantage with a water-wheel mill. The settlement is picturesque, composed of buildings made from local woods in a somewhat faerie-tale style, very “old world” in their construction. However, there are signs of technology as well—a fusion generator near the center of town and electrical wires strung up between some of the buildings.

All in all, the town looks fairly prosperous.

However, the newest addition to the town isn’t quite so pretty. A low wall around four feet high surrounds the settlement, made primarily of sandbags and mud. A pair of men — farmers, based on their attire — stand watch near a makeshift gate.

OOC Comments
Notice roll results
Success
Those who succeed see the two “guards” look very ill-trained with the weapons they are holding. One of the rifles has no ammunition loaded, and the other is carried in a very unsafe manner.
Raise
You spot signs of a recent skirmish — there are evident burns from energy weapons on the wall and buildings closest to the outskirts of town. The damage is light and is more-or-less cosmetic.
Attachments
Garnet Town.png
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Garnet Town Wall and Gate

Post by Savant »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice [dice]1[/dice]
Savant waves to the guards, the painted eyes on her face starting to smear a bit. "Hey! We come bearing young children. Can we talk to your Mayor? Also, if you swap your weapons, yours will be loaded, and he won't be able to shoot himself in the foot, so it'd be a win-win!" She smiles, glad to be such a help.
Savant
Stat Block
Altara Warrior Woman Crazy (Visibly Altaran)
Agility d12+4, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d12, Vigor d12
Pace: 12/d6; Parry: 10 (Uncanny Reflexes -2); Toughness: 16(6)
Charisma: +2 Attractive/-4 if anti-Altaran/-2 if Bloodthirsty known
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Additional Edges: Gymnastic Mastery
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk
Bennies: 3/3
ISP: 18/20

Powers: Clairvoyance, Divination, Mind-Reading
  • Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles strides forward towards the town, moving at a brisk pace, but not running or moving fast enough to tire himself out. He takes in what he can see of the town as he walks towards it, noting the river and water-wheel mill. Not as modern as some things in the world, but more modern than what he was used to from his first life.

The wall looks to be a bit low and not solid enough for defense, though.

He sees the guards, but more importantly he sees a motley collection of people heading towards the town as well. These must be his new boon companions! He smiles widely and strides forward with even more enthusiasm.

"Hello, my new friends! It is I, Heracles! Most wonderful to meet you, and I look forward to battling by your side soon! Whom do I have the honor of being comrades-in-arms with?"

He then nods to the guards before turning back to the Legionnaires. "Greetings, mortals!"
Notice 7, +2 Olfactory
Notice Roll: [dice]0[/dice]
Notice Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Active effects: Uncanny Reflexes (-2).

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]
Weapon in hand: Chain Long Sword, Vibrosword or Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Powers: Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Healing, Smite
ISP: 15/20

Charisma: -2 (0 with Dog Boys)
Bennies: 2

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Currently playing in: 3rd Set The Losers
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Notice 5
As the vehicle pulls to a stop Kidemónas climbs out to meet their new friend and starts to get a suspicious look on his face. "You do not look like Nicholas said you did. Perhaps you are another Heracles son of Zues?
"The hero in Nicholas's stories was a giant human?"
His face instantly relaxing as he has decided this is not so bad Kidemónas says. "But this is okay, there are many people in this place with the same names as others. But why do you like a wolfen and talk like a human, are you also a shape changer?"
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Notice 4

Mica pulls up to the gate on her bike and gives the guards a look over. They don't look well trained. She thinks to herself. She looks over at Heracles as he aproaches. "I am Mica Nowell, of the U E E F reclamation fleet, Jupiter Division."
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

OOC Comments
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Notice: [dice]1[/dice]
Ace Wild Notice: [dice]2[/dice] 13 Notice total
Savant waves to Heracles as he calls out to them. "Good to meet you! I'm Savant. Nice to have the Olympians on our side. Maybe someday you can take me to see Delphi--I've always wanted to go there."
Savant
Stat Block
Skills: Psionics d12; Shooting d10; Fighting d12; Notice d4+4; Tracking d4+2; Survival d4+2; Streetwise d4+2; Climbing d4; Common Knowledge d6; Agility Tricks d12+8
Edges: Quick, Alertness, Brawler/Martial Artist, Dirty/Tricky Fighter, Mighty Blow, Split the Seconds, Off the Handle, Acrobat, Major Psionic, Gun Nut, Quick Draw, Imp. Counterattack
Hindrances: Curious, Poverty, Stubborn, Major Phobia: Birds, Bloodthirsty, Blind-ish, Quirk

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Rabbit Out of My Hat - Play this card to gain +2 on any Trick test until the end of the scene.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Dressed to Kill - Your hero dresses up, is “on” for the night, or otherwise far more attractive or charismatic than usual. Add +4 to your Charisma for the duration of the current “scene.”
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles lets out a booming laugh at the words and suspicion of Kidemónas. "Indeed I was a very large human in my first life! Well, half-human anyway." A chuckle escapes him. "As a demigod I am difficult to slay and too stubborn to die like a normal mortal. I have been reborn several times now, though sometimes I never regain memory of who I once was and live an ordinary life."

He frowns slightly. "What is a Wolfen? This body is a Dog Boy. Surely you have heard of these? The so-called Coalition States my Uncle Hades is in charge of uses the undead skeletons, the deaths-headed men, and the warped children of Cerebus, the Dog Boys, that are half man and half canine."

He smiles and nods first to Mica and then to Savant. "I know not of this You Ee Ee Eff you speak, though I have heard of Jupiter before - another name for my father. It is good to know you, Mica Nowell."

He looks over Savant and his smile widens. "Ahhh, a warrior woman, and one not so unlike myself in some respects I see! Good!" He indicated the M.O.M. implants he had, and then gave a slow shrug of his shoulders. "Who knows? It is possible. A quest to find the Delphi of this new world would be a worthy challenge indeed!"
Notice 7, +2 Olfactory

Do you want a separate roll per entity to sense the super-natural-ness of each of them?
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Parry: 7 (plus Uncanny Reflexes -2; -2 when Berserk); Toughness: 18(7) [Triax T-11 Enhanced Armor]

Edges: Elan, Jack-of-all-Trades, Major Psionic, Off The Handle, Quick, Split the Seconds, Sublime Chaos

Adventure Cards:
  • Deadly Blow - Play after damage is rolled to double the total of a successful melee attack.
  • In the Zone - Gain +1 to Shooting, Fighting, Throwing rolls until the end of the scene.
  • Renown - Play after completing a good deed of some import. You gain a permanent +1 Charisma bonus toward those who have heard of you (typically a 50% chance).
Wounds:

Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Kidemònas replies "I also, wonder what is UEEF? I understand your people travel the stars to Jupiter, but I do not understand what UEEF means?".
Thinking for a second he says to Heracles "I came from the West and your kind are less common there. But I have heard of the great evil man who rules the armies of men.
"I have not met him or his men yet, but what I have heard concerns me"
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: GM Post Drafts

Post by Corrigon »

The two guards looked sheepishly at each other and their weapons as Savant commented on their general unreadiness. One of them fumbled amongst his clothes trying to find an e-clip for his weapon, before his compatriot sighed and handed him it off the floor by their feet.

They were a little surprised at Heracles' arrival, but before they could turn their weapons, Von interceded.

"He's with them. They are with the Tomorrow Legion."
he explained proudly, though both guards looked at each other as if to say 'Who?'

"What's with the things on Heracles and Savant's heads?" Von whispered to Penny, curious about the new arrival and realising some similarities between the Alteran and the Dog Boy.
GM bennies 6/8
Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

Penny had started out scribbling notes about Heracles, paused when he started talking about Hades running the Coalition States, and then had put her notebook away once she saw the implants. At Von's urging, she replied to him.

"They're called Mind Over Matter implants - M.O.M. for short," whispered Penny back to Von. "They're brain implants, and they enhance physical and psychic potential, but sometimes people, ah, act a little funny afterwards."

Penny then waved to Heracles. "Hi! I'm Penny Wise. I'm an embedded reporter with the Tomorrow Legion, helping to - " She paused, thinking over how to phrase her words. "I"m a scribe and a bard and I'm here to spread word of deeds both noble and wicked. Hopefully, none of the latter."

She then stepped forward, to talk to the guards and ask what the trouble was.
OOC Comments
Wild Die: [dice]1[/dice]
JiC d20: [dice]2[/dice]
JiC d100: [dice]3[/dice]
Penny Wise, Reporter at Large
Parry 4, Toughness 6, Armor 11
Charisma: 2
Bennies: 5 default, 4 current
- Spent 1: 8/16/2017
Active Effects: Vigor Boost (1 die) via Heracles
Ximena
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Ximena »

OOC Comments
notice roll [dice]0[/dice]
wild notice roll [dice]1[/dice]
common knowledge roll [dice]2[/dice]
wild common knowledge roll [dice]3[/dice]
making a common knowledge check for this additional information. "third moon of Fantoma in the Valivarre star system, which is located in the southern cross section of the milky way galaxy. "
even with a failure, she should know they went to Tirol. where Tirol is located exactly however is dependent on the roll.

she got a success on the wild die but not a raise. so she knows it is the third moon of Fantoma.

I need to print off a character sheet
"United Earth Expeditionary Force, actually they traveled the stars to Tirol, third moon of Fantoma." she pauses a momment, "I've never been to Jupiter, that is just the name of the Division. I'm from the Mars base."
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles looks utterly serious when he looks at Kidemònas, puts a hand on one shoulder and gravely says, "Pray you never meet Hades. It is generally not something one survives still alive, and once dead in his grasp..." He shudders and shakes his head.

He nods slowly to Mica, but his eyes narrow slightly. "Mars is another name for Ares, the god of war. You...worked for my Uncle? Or is the Mars just...part of the name? I notice humans like to often incorporate myth and legend and places in to names of things sometimes, despite the fact that it may not be entirely appropriate."

Heracles smiles at the reporter. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Penny Wise. And thank you for explaining that to me. I dislike feeling ignorant by having to ask questions all the time. There are many things I know, but many things in this new world are strange to me. Scribes and bard, however, are not. I spoke with many during my first incarnation, and many tales and songs have been made around me from what I understand." He has the good grace to look slightly embarrassed by that.

He tilts his head. "Do you have...re-cord-ing devices?" He said the word recording slightly haltingly, as if it were still not a familiar term. "I know a doctor who likes to re-cord things for posterity. Every time I go back to visit my family, he has me speak more in to his device."
Notice 7, +2 Olfactory
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

"Just my trusty computer right now, and a pen and a piece of paper. I plan on adding a lot more to my kit as soon as I can." She pulled out said pen and paper, already taking notes. "A family? Go on. What're they like?"
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

"I have seen computers before. They are amazing devices, each one like an enchanted item. Perhaps you can show be how to use yours?" turning his head to look at Heracles Kidemònas asks.
"Oh, yes please tell us more of your family. I wonder if your memories are the same as Nicholas's stories. I know humans are so short lived sometimes your stories get muddled."
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: GM Post Drafts

Post by Corrigon »

The two guards looked at each other confused by what was going. However, Von was safe and they definitely weren’t Brodkil, so they decided to lift the wooden gate to allow you entry into Garnet Town. The entrance was tight and Penny had to take it very slow as to not scrape the sides of the ATV.

OOC Comments
GM bennies 6/8
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles looked from Penny to Kid, and after a moment's though, he nodded. "Very well."

He spoke a bit slowly at first. "My mother is Alcmene, though she goes by Mena. She is gravely ill with some manner of deadly disease, as are several of my step-siblings, and I worry for them. Father has not, or will not, answer my prayers - I suspect Hera's hand in this. Likely she has coerced enough of the other gods to stay His hand in directly interfering in the affairs of mortals as he is wont to do."

He shrugs his shoulders. "So I must do what I can myself. There is a Doctor Carter who is trying to find a cure for my mother and her children if I will send money to him, which I do as often as I can. I need little myself, and adventuring with the Legion of Tomorrow gives me excitement while sending money to the doctor."
Notice 4, +2 Olfactory
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

OOC Comments
Coming up to the gate, Savant gives a friendly wave to the guards. "Hello! My friends and I wanted to talk to you fine gentlemen."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles followed along with Savant to the gate once more. He tried to put on a more confident and 'brave face', so he smiled and waved to the guards as they approached. "We trust you are well and nothing untoward has approached the city recently."

He looked around and especially out from the gate to the outside of town, just in case danger lurked nearby. He wasn't opposed to letting his feelings out in a fight should an enemy rear its ugly head.
Notice 9, +2 Olfactory
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

The two guards still looked nervous, especially as they notice the MOM implants protruding from both of their heads.

Unlike last time when he was preoccupied with meeting his new comrades, Heracles notices the laser burns on the wall (see the opening post)

They looked at each other and shrugged.

"Uhmm, nothing's happened since you went inside."

"Yeah," the other one turned around and almost took the other guard's eye out with the barrel of his rifle, "it's been quiet."
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant nods. "Good to hear. The mayor has asked us to look into the abductions; we were hoping perhaps you could tell us about how the attacks were conducted? Knowing how one's quarry acts on the battlefield is key to bringing them down."
OOC Comments
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles leaned back and made a worried face as he watched the two 'guards' (and he used that term in his head verrrrrry loosely). He frowned for a moment in thought, noticing the previous laser damage. "That was there before, right? I missed it as I was busy meeting the team."

Then he slowly stepped forward and pulled out his own rifle, holding it in an obviously non-threatening way. "So. Watching you two being not only nervous but seemingly not well-trained is making ME nervous. If you do not mind, I would like to show you a few tips and tricks in how to hold the weapon, take care of it, and how best to perform your duties. I say this because your weapon is your partner, she helps keep you safe but you have to respect her and take care of her."
Notice 14, +2 Olfactory
Notice die: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild die: [dice]1[/dice]
Notice Explosion die: [dice]2[/dice]
Um, another Notice Explosion die: [dice]3[/dice]
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

The two of them look tempted at the idea, but both are unsure about handing over their weapons.

OOC Comments
Some persuasion from Savant is needed here
GM bennies 6/8
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles stepped back slightly and began to walk the two guards through some basics using his own rifle to show them (assuming there were no objections): how to hold a weapon properly in various ways (like at ready, at rest, stowed away), how to brace it properly for actual firing, not to put the finger on the trigger until ready to actually fire, squeeze not jerk the trigger, how to breathe and to exhale when firing, etc. He seemed to be happy to do this, and the more he showed them and talked, the more calm and happy he became, completely putting the incident in the market earlier out of his mind.

He smiled at the two and stepped back once more, slinging his rifle over his shoulder. "So. How do you feel now? Any better? More comfortable with your rifles?"
Notice 11, +2 Olfactory
Notice Die: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die Explosion: [dice]2[/dice]
Last edited by Heracles on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant smiles. "It will be fine, gentlemen. My associate here is quite capable."
OOC Comments
Oh, dear--Persuasion, huh?

Persuasion [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Persuasion [dice]1[/dice]
Extra Effort Bennie: [dice]2[/dice]

Okay, so--if they have gotten comfortable with her being Altaran, she gets a simple success: +2 Charisma from Attractive, -2 for being unskilled.
If, OTOH, they are still freaked out by her having no eyes, then she got an even 0.
:lol:

Though, I'm not sure Heracles was actually asking them for their weapons, so much as offering to demonstrate some of the basics of their operation and handling.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Taken with the two crazies, the two guards Doug and Macco agree to let Heracles show them what to do, though they do ask Savant to take watch whilst they do.

When Heracles has finished, they look more confident with their rifles, though the likelihood of them being able to hit a moving target was not good. Neither of them had had any training they explained. The few people who really knew how to fight had already been taken or were doing other duties at the moment. The most they had ever shot were a few rabbits or when a Rhino Buffalo wandered too close to town, they'd helped scare it off with these weapons they'd been lent.
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant smiles as they take to the lessons--at least they are less likely to injure themselves or one another, and can lay down suppressing fire while the alarm gets raised. It seems like a good time to return to her original line of questioning.

"Now, can you tell me about the attack that left those scorch marks on the wall? Or was it one of the other shifts that had to deal with that? I'm sure that, even so, it was probably the talk of the town for awhile."
OOC Comments

Streetwise (for gathering intel): [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Streetwise: [dice]3[/dice]
Wild Streetwise Ace: [dice]4[/dice]
Streetwise total: 12 base
Streetwise roll further modified by either -2 or +2 Charisma, accordingly. Bonus in the roll is from HJ table result.
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Heracles »

Heracles gave a satisfied nod to the two villagers. He turned and gave Savant a half-smile. Then he stood watch while the two men presumably talked with Savant, though that wouldn't preclude them from also standing watch. He was just showing solidarity at the very least.
OOC Comments
Notice = 11, +2 Olfactory.
Notice die: [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die Explosion: [dice]2[/dice]
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Penny Wise
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Penny Wise »

Savant's radio crackles to life as Penny calls in. Assuming that Savant picks up, she hears Penny's voice.

"Hi Savant, I'm over by the Mill now. I saw some boxes in the trader's tent, covered up in the back. Is that what I should be on the lookout for?"
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

Savant speaks softly into her radio. "Yes, that sounds like the right sort of thing. Hmm... Sound him out; tell him you're in the market for something unusual--say, a Neural Mace--that may have floated down the river. Maybe flash your credstick so he knows you're a serious potential buyer. If he bites, offer to keep mum about his sideline if he will tell you what he knows about the abductions."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: posts for games

Post by Corrigon »

“They came out of the forest, not expecting us to be ready. Thankfully after all the people who had already gone missing, we had put up the wall really quick like. Mayor Lithari can get us motivated when she needs to.”

He patted it, obviously quite proud of the job they had done.

“One of them appeared really close; I don’t know how we missed him. He startled us, but when he opened fire, he took a piece of the wall down. That’s what hurt the Mayor’s leg as it landed on her. When we had more weapons than they expected, they backed off real quick like. I don’t think they liked getting shot back at. Unfortunately, Old Man Duncan, our doctor, is one of the people they took first, so we haven’t been able to help her much and nobody else has much training that way. Guess we never thought we needed it. Old Man Duncan always reckoned he’d be around for another thirty forty years as it was. Plenty of time to sort that out.”

He looked puzzled for a second, as if something had just dawned on him for the first time.

"It’s weird now I think about it, the doc and that schok… skalor,” he struggled with the word, “dammit, learned bloke from Tolkeen, were the first ones they grabbed and they were both in town, but everyone else has been out on the farms or travelling out to the forest for lumber.”
GM bennies 6/8
Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Savant listens to the tale, impressed at the Mayor's courage, and clucking her tongue a bit at the short-sightedness of the town's doctor not having an apprentice, at least, but she doesn't criticize someone who is currently a victim. The order of events does catch her attention, though.

"So, they first acquired the town's doctor and the... scholar, from Tolkeen? And then after that, they just started picking off lone stragglers--those who were outside of the town's walls... They mounted a single group attack, but fell back quickly.... Oh. I see. Thank you, this has been very helpful--and clearly, what you might lack in skill, you and the other townspeople more than make up for in courage."

She looks up to the sky, eyeless face expressionless as she scans for... something. then she nods, suddenly. "Heracles, my friend, we should let these fine gentlemen get back to their duty; we can wait for the others in the Town Square, I think." She shakes both men's hands, with a grip that probably is a bit stronger than expected, though she doesn't break any bones, and then makes her way back to the Square; as they walk, it's hard to tell if her mutterings are directed at Herakles or herself.

"This is very odd... it doesn't fit, unless... Of course. Falcons. They're falcons."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Heracles
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: posts for games

Post by Heracles »

Heracles listened to the two villagers recounting the attack. The one appearing close to the wall was interesting - magic perhaps? That could be a problem when he and his comrades-in-arms went on the hunt, which he assumed they would. The town was not seemingly prepared or capable enough to get their people back and drive off the attackers for good. He wasn't sure if the Black Market connection was true or not - but after his encounter with the merchants, he wasn't going to be bringing it up again soon.

I am sorry to hear that they took your healer. That is most troublesome!" He stroked his chin. "A healer and a scholar? Very interesting."

He looked at Savant as she 'looked' a the sky and then suggested they leave. He had no issue with it. He gave a nod of respect to the two villagers. "Of course. Fare you well, and keep the weapon lessons in mind. Treat them well and they will help you stay alive."

He cocked his head at Savant as they walked back to the Town Square. He looked up and around. "Falcons?"
OOC Comments
Notice = 4, +2 Olfactory.
Notice Die: [dice]0[/dice]
Heracles
Character Summary
Dog Boy Crazy

Adventure Cards:
Wounds:

Savant
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Savant »

She nods. "Or rather, falconers, with a falcon behind them. I'll explain when we're all together."
Savant
Stat Block

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
Langdon Steed
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Langdon Steed »

notice 3
WILD dye: [dice]1[/dice]
Persuasion 11
Persuasion +4CHA+3CommBand: [dice]2[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]3[/dice]
Streetwise 16
Streetwise +4CHA+3CommBand: [dice]4[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]5[/dice]
ACE: [dice]6[/dice]
Lang slings his rifle over his shoulder as they approach the gate. "Hello!" he calls out with a wave and a smile at the 2 'guards' at the gate. "You guys sure are a sight for sore eyes." He motions to Jasper before resuming, "My friend here was attacked by brigands on the road and I need rest and resupply." Steed's eyes flick around, from the guards to the wall to buildings he can see from the road. Looking for anything out of the ordinary.
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
BENNIES: 4/3
  • +1 for trying to get the Meganomicon in Nyxil's lair
Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d8 d10, Vigor d8
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Curious, Greedy, Vow (Dweomer Agent), Sensitive: -2 to Fear checks
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Exceptional Rapid Recharge (Lang's Belt): (+1 PP every 5 min)
Nerves of Steel: (He may ignore 1 point of wound penalties)
Jack of All Trades: (ignore -2 penalty for untrained Smarts skills)
Filthy Rich
Master of Magic: (MEGA spells)

WOUNDS:

Active Effects
Lucky Belt (Exc. Rapid Recharge, +2 Spellcasting rolls): 7m45s
TW Combat Armor charge: 7m45s
TW Comm Band 42m30s
Exalted Darksight (raise: +2 to attack rolls): 42m45s
Exalted Detect Arcana: 2/3 rounds
Speak Languages: 10m00s

PPE: 9/25

BLUR Deflection (Greater Deflection)
DECEIVE Disguise (Mass Disguise)
TRUESIGHT/HIDE Detect/Conceal Arcana (Exalted Detect/Conceal Arcana)
Available only when wearing powered TW Combat Mage Armor
SHADOWSIGHT Darksight (Exalted Darksight)
EAGLE EYES Farsight (Greater Farsight)
Available only when wearing powered TW Communication Band
TONGUES Speak Languages (Mass Understanding)
Available only when wearing Lang's Belt
DIG-DUG Burrow (Greater Burrow)

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Jasper takes a moment to burn the bodies of his fallen compatriots before you leave. The fact that the body of the Brodkil had disappeared seemed to unnerve him a little. It is not an arduous walk from the farmhouse, which you gladly make to get away. He happily chats with you enroute to Garnet Town, generally about business in the area, recent events and the like, though he doesn't talk much about himself and doesn't push for any details from you, except if you were employed at the moment.

As you approach the gate, the two gate guards surprise you, holding their weapons with confidence. When you get closer, they relax a bit, though still holding their rifles up for easy use.

“Were you attacked by Brodkil?” one of them asks in a thick country accent, “we’ve had a lot of bother with them recently. Working for the Black Market they are.”
“You with that gentleman from the Federation?” the other one asks Langdon, “he’s a Devilman like you.”

Jasper smiled at them, holding his hands up to show that he was no threat.
“I’m just here to see your Miller, I’m interested in his wares, though I don’t remember there being a wall here before.”

OOC Comments
Notice – raise – you notice a brief look of surprise from Jasper’s face when they mention the Black market
GM bennies 6/8
Langdon Steed
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Langdon Steed »

notice 4
WILD dye: [dice]1[/dice]
Streetwise 10
Streetwise +4CHA+3CB: [dice]2[/dice]
WILD dye +4CHA+3CB: [dice]3[/dice]
Knowledge-Politics 6
Knowledge (Politics): [dice]4[/dice]
ACE: [dice]6[/dice](Ignore = accidentally used d6)
ACE Re-do: [dice]7[/dice]
WILD dye: [dice]5[/dice]
guards wrote:“Were you attacked by Brodkil?” one of them asks in a thick country accent, “we’ve had a lot of bother with them recently. Working for the Black Market they are.”
"Yep, it was Brodkil, and...wait, did you say Black Market? Why is the BM paying Brodkil to attack travelers? I thought they usually prefer to keep a lower profile." Lang says with genuine curiosity in a voice tinged with feigned ignorance. He follows this up with questions about recent happenings in the town, mentioning the signs of recent battle.
Since when does the BM partake in simple banditry? There's no money in that. Curious.
guards wrote:“You with that gentleman from the Federation?” the other one asks Langdon, “he’s a Devilman like you.”
Lang lets a casual look of pleasant surprise wash over his face when the guard mentions the Federation. "A brother D'norr, eh?" he says with a happy smile, not mentioning the Fed. "Do you know where he's at? I would be remiss if I passed through town and didn't say 'hello'. It's not every day I see one of my own people," he adds in a tone of wistful regret.
Could this be our wayward Battle Magus? Or someone else?
Jasper wrote:“I’m just here to see your Miller, I’m interested in his wares, though I don’t remember there being a wall here before.”
So, you're not from Garnet Town either. Just a guy who happened to get jumped by Brodkil that were hired by the BM, right next to a farmhouse with who-knows-what inside? Interesting. "I'll go with you, if you don't mind. I have some transactions to make as well," Lang pats the vibro-sword and rifle he looted from the brodkil.
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
Charisma: 4 (6 when talking) ; Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 6; Toughness: 6 13(7)
Notice d6, Common Knowledge d10, Intimidation d4-2, Persuasion d6+4 (+5 or +7 when talking)
I Know A Guy: (Once per session can invoke Connection Edge (Persuasion roll) with any person or group, only used up when contact is successfully made)
Filthy Rich

WOUNDS:

Active Effects
TW Comm Band 42m30s

Adventure Cards
==Theme Song: It’s one of those “inspiring music movie moments” when the heroes get their second wind! You and all allies who can see your signal or hear your voice (walkie-talkies count) recover automatically from Shaken status and any Fear effects, due to your inspiring words.
==Folk Hero: Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
==Sudden Death: Say or do something that causes all enemies within 12' to lose their next action.
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

guards wrote:“Were you attacked by Brodkil?” one of them asks in a thick country accent, “we’ve had a lot of bother with them recently. Working for the Black Market they are.”
"Yep, it was Brodkil, and...wait, did you say Black Market? Why is the BM paying Brodkil to attack travelers? I thought they usually prefer to keep a lower profile." Lang says with genuine curiosity in a voice tinged with feigned ignorance. He follows this up with questions about recent happenings in the town, mentioning the signs of recent battle.
Since when does the BM partake in simple banditry? There's no money in that. Curious.
"We don't know guv, they just started attacking and kidnapping people about a week ago," one of the guards explained, "that's why we had to throw up the wall and all. Some folks from the Tomorrow Legion have turned up and are dealing with them." He brightened up at that thought, obviously having high expectations of the Squad.
guards wrote:“You with that gentleman from the Federation?” the other one asks Langdon, “he’s a Devilman like you.”
Lang lets a casual look of pleasant surprise wash over his face when the guard mentions the Federation. "A brother D'norr, eh?" he says with a happy smile, not mentioning the Fed. "Do you know where he's at? I would be remiss if I passed through town and didn't say 'hello'. It's not every day I see one of my own people," he adds in a tone of wistful regret.
Could this be our wayward Battle Magus? Or someone else?

"He's been staying at Widow Mikkelson's Boarding House since he arrived, keeping well away from that Coalition fella that went out with the Legion."

Jasper wrote:“I’m just here to see your Miller, I’m interested in his wares, though I don’t remember there being a wall here before.”
So, you're not from Garnet Town either. Just a guy who happened to get jumped by Brodkil that were hired by the BM, right next to a farmhouse with who-knows-what inside? Interesting. "I'll go with you, if you don't mind. I have some transactions to make as well," Lang pats the vibro-sword and rifle he looted from the brodkil.
[/quote]

Jasper smiles at you and nods "Feel free, I'm sure he might be able to help you with a load of grain or bread."

From what you recall from the information you received, the local black market contact is a man named Jonas Trent, the miller. Also, you recall that the City of Brass was interested in the area as well.

As you finish discussions with the gate guards, their expression changes suddenly as they spot something behind you and begin cheering. An ATV and a TW Zone Ranger roll into sight, moving slowly so that those unable to fit on the two vehicles are able to keep up, with a dragon hatchling judging by the size flying overhead with a couple of people on his back.

Word quickly spreads through the town and as the vehicles pass through, a celebration breaks out in the Town Square. It would appear that these are the missing townsfolk and the Legion has been successful.
OOC Comments
The celebration takes place here
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php ... 790#p20790
If you wish to ignore the celebration and head to the Mill, you will find Jonas Trent joining the people celebrating
The Boarding House can be found here
http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=605
GM bennies 6/8
Langdon Steed
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Langdon Steed »

guards wrote:"He's been staying at Widow Mikkelson's Boarding House since he arrived, keeping well away from that Coalition fella that went out with the Legion."
Lang maintains his smile as he listens to the guard, but hearing of the Coalition presence both intrigues and disturbs him. Things just got a little more complicated.
Corrigon wrote:Word quickly spreads through the town and as the vehicles pass through, a celebration breaks out in the Town Square. It would appear that these are the missing townsfolk and the Legion has been successful.
Well hello there, Tomorrow Legion. I've been looking for you.

Lang rubs the back of his neck as he watches celebration begin in town. He turns to Jasper and says, "You know, friend, I think I will wait a bit before visiting the good miller. I don't have many rules in life but one is to never pass up a party!" He flashes his white teeth in a big grin. "Care to join me?"

((Lang heads to the celebration after Jasper gives his answer.))
Langdon Steed
Steed, Langdon Steed
MARS Mage Commando/Spy
Filthy Rich

WOUNDS:

Active Effects
TW Comm Band 42m30s

Adventure Cards
Corrigon
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Corrigon »

Jasper frowned at all of the celebrating, rubbing the side of his head.

"Thank you, but I think I will attend to my business first. This town is not normally so raucous and after what happened, I can do with a little break." He smiled at langdon, "Perhaps I will catch up with you later."

The guards wave you both through, joining in the celebrations themselves.
GM bennies 6/8

Return to “Garnett Town”